PDA

View Full Version : why are rules different for hibbert?

Rose'sACL
12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
I have been watching pretty much all of the pacers games since the playoffs of last season and i really don't get why hibbert gets away with this "verticality rule".
i don't see any other big in the league getting away with that.
60% of the times he is not even going straight up.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1335802.1367798084!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/nba.jpg
this is from the knicks-pacers series. melo got robbed that series.
few nights ago in pacers-heat game, birdman and noris cole were called for fouls when they actually went more straight up than hibbert does.

I have no problem with league calling it like this but make it same for all the bigs or just make sure that near the rim, you effort should be to make a play for the ball if you hands are up.

andremiller07
12-13-2013, 09:20 AM
If James Harden and Kevin Durrant play under different rules why shouldn't Hibbert?

Rose'sACL
12-13-2013, 09:21 AM
If James Harden and Kevin Durrant play under different rules why shouldn't Hibbert?
the problem is that people here know that and even call both of those on that but i never see anyone call hibbert on the bs calls he gets when compared to other bigs other than a few knicks fans.

Flash31
12-13-2013, 09:54 AM
the problem is that people here know that and even call both of those on that but i never see anyone call hibbert on the bs calls he gets when compared to other bigs other than a few knicks fans.

Its simple bc he plays for Mias biggest rival
Ind.
We saw last season he was avg 4 fouls per game then come playoffs hes a defensive nightmare avg 2.

The coach on Ind instilled the mindset of him always playing straight up
regardless if its true or not combine that with Ind being Mias biggest rival in east and total opposite along with trying to turn RH into Dikembe Mutombo
you have this.

Along with the coach saying hes always going straight up,the team does do
and he does it most of the time and since theyre trying to make him a star and create an ind-mia rivalry they let him do it.

Its like how the Bulls got away with things that would have fouls and flagrants for every other team along the guise of
hard-nosed physical defense.

Avery Bradley is known as a physical hard defender so in the refs minds its instilled and he gets leeway that other players dont.

KD is Nbas Golden Boy.
Since 2011 it was seen,the league pushed for a Mia-Dal rematch,
and in that series even though Dirk was getting 20+ fta so was KD.
The league is trying to turn Harden into a top player and best sg.You even have the media proclaiming him as so,top 5 and all
even though conpared to Wade,Kobe hes not on their level,only plays offense and only has 3 moves-drive,try to get fta,3s.

If RH was playing for any other team barring Chi and okc,
he Wouldnt get these calls.

His verticality is just like KGs screens,you do it enough times and instill it into refs and are a "star" you get away with it.

I<3NBA
12-13-2013, 10:59 AM
because if it isn't, Miami would mop the floor with them and there'd be no exciting series to watch.

chocolatethunder
12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
You sound ridiculous and butthurt like Mark Cuban or something. Anyone who watches the NBA knows how the games are called so either get used to it or watch a different league. Get over yourself dude.

bluechox2
12-13-2013, 11:13 AM
its true, i remember chandler trying it and he gets called foul....

j3lademaster
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Melo and the Knicks getting the short end of the stick on calls... what else is new? It isn't just against Hibbert either.

JMT
12-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Melo and the Knicks getting the short end of the stick on calls... what else is new? It isn't just against Hibbert either.

Yeah, because the league has no interest in the flagship NY franchise being successful. Wouldn't help at all. :facepalm

j3lademaster
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, because the league has no interest in the flagship NY franchise being successful. Wouldn't help at all. :facepalmThat's why it doesn't make sense.

Sarcastic
12-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, because the league has no interest in the flagship NY franchise being successful. Wouldn't help at all. :facepalm

Prove that they have a special interest in seeing NY do well.

gyu
12-13-2013, 04:52 PM
True. LMA's and-1 on Terrence Jones was a bad call. Terrence was straight up, didn't even jump. But then again, Joey Crawford was reffing. LMA's and-1 on Beverley was also a bad call, Beverley literally grazed him but LMA flailed his legs to sell it I guess.

ProfessorMurder
12-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I have been watching pretty much all of the pacers games since the playoffs of last season and i really don't get why hibbert gets away with this "verticality rule".
i don't see any other big in the league getting away with that.
60% of the times he is not even going straight up.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1335802.1367798084!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/nba.jpg
this is from the knicks-pacers series. melo got robbed that series.
few nights ago in pacers-heat game, birdman and noris cole were called for fouls when they actually went more straight up than hibbert does.

I have no problem with league calling it like this but make it same for all the bigs or just make sure that near the rim, you effort should be to make a play for the ball if you hands are up.

Melo is extending his arm and trying to jump over Hibbert. That could be a foul either way.

Play on you soft pansies.

Legends66NBA7
12-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Melo is extending his arm and trying to jump over Hibbert. That could be a foul either way.

True.

I'd actually like to see more clips of that series to see how "robbed" the Knicks were. Seems like their always getting "robbed".

Sarcastic
12-13-2013, 05:31 PM
True.

I'd actually like to see more clips of that series to see how "robbed" the Knicks were. Seems like their always getting "robbed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF46sx4drmM

moe94
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM

What's with the depressing music like it's a tragedy? Corny.

zoom17
12-13-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCb940MESQk

look at this play and tell me how this isn't a foul

Element
12-13-2013, 05:51 PM
He's the KD of defenders

Heavincent
12-13-2013, 05:57 PM

The Knicks lost to a superior team. Deal with it.

Sarcastic
12-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm gay

Agreed.

Heavincent
12-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Hilarious how you can't even admit the Pacers were a better team. Instead you put on your tin foil hat and say it was rigged.

jzek
12-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Because if they call a foul on Hibbert everytime he challenges, he'll foul out in the first quarter and nobody wants that.

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:02 PM

True.

True. I'd actually like to see a thread in which either of you can enter without posting negatively about the Knicks. Seems like you two are always so "obsessed".

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Hilarious how you can't even admit the Pacers were a better team. Instead you put on your tin foil hat and say it was rigged.
The Pacers were the better team considering JR and Chandler were playing through injuries.

andremiller07
12-13-2013, 08:05 PM
The Pacers were the better team considering JR and Chandler were playing through injuries.
Considering the Pacers didn't have Granger at all

Heavincent
12-13-2013, 08:05 PM

They didn't have Granger.

Either way, Pacers were clearly a better team.

moe94
12-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Considering the Pacers didn't have Granger at all
:roll:

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
They didn't have Granger.

Either way, Pacers were clearly a better team.
They clearly played better without Granger all season, also Tyson + Jr >> Granger. I know your clearly shaking your head with your anti Knick glasses on. Feel free to post a picture of your biological parents so I can see what kind of a retard we are dealing with.

moe94
12-13-2013, 08:12 PM
They clearly played better without Granger all season, also Tyson + Jr >> Granger. I know your clearly shaking your head with your anti Knick glasses on. Feel free to post a picture of your biological parents so I can see what kind of a retard we are dealing with.

Self ether.

andremiller07
12-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Lol that's like saying the Knicks were better without Melo when Lin was there..........

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Lol that's like saying the Knicks were better without Melo when Lin was there..........
Except it's really not. Lol don't you live in Perth?

andremiller07
12-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Except it's really not. Lol don't you live in Perth?
Yeah great place to live no school shooting or anything like that, I'm pretty sure it was rated fairly high as best places to live.

Heavincent
12-13-2013, 08:20 PM

JR Smith? The guy who is shooting 34% from the field right now?

I love how offended you are. I'm supposed to consider the Knicks the better team even though they lost the series? Why?

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah great place to live no school shooting or anything like that, I'm pretty sure it was rated fairly high as best places to live.
[/SIZE]http://www.diecastmodelexpo.com.au/images/gold-coast-skyline.jpg

[SIZE="7"]>>>>>

Trentknicks
12-13-2013, 08:23 PM
JR Smith? The guy who is shooting 34% from the field right now?

I love how offended you are. I'm supposed to consider the Knicks the better team even though they lost the series? Why?
What does it matter what he's shooting at the moment, he was the 6th man of the year last year.

I'll break it down for you nice and simple, the Knicks would have been better with Chandler and JR healthy!

I love how butthurt you are, spending every moment of your life entering threads to hate on Knicks and Nets, stay obsessed.

moe94
12-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I love how butthurt you are, spending every moment of your life entering threads to hate on Knicks and Nets, stay obsessed.

Chandler is your franchise player.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2063/15x6.jpg

Sarcastic
12-13-2013, 08:35 PM

Knicks had the better record, and you did nothing to refute anything from the video, which is why you got the response that you did.

diamenz
12-13-2013, 08:36 PM
qq, op.

ProfessorMurder
12-13-2013, 08:36 PM
True. I'd actually like to see a thread in which either of you can enter without posting negatively about the Knicks. Seems like you two are always so "obsessed".

How is what I said negative at all? I said play on. That's literally not favoring either side.