CavaliersFTW
12-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Look at this sequence of moves for a moment:

http://youtu.be/gXUkQ-3h8-Y?t=1m9s

What the ****!?

Budadiiii
12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
lol @ the defense.

Dude looks awkward in the post. Impressive for a 60's player none the less.

TheMarkMadsen
12-10-2013, 06:38 PM
not trying to be a hater but honestly where is the defense

avonbarksdale
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
no one is even guarding him lol

fpliii
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
:applause:

USABall
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM
The lift he gets going from practically stationary is incredible.

PHILA
12-10-2013, 08:12 PM
efootage keeps adding more terrific clips. :pimp:

PHILA
12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I believe this is the game he became the all time scoring leader.

j3lademaster
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
not trying to be a hater but honestly where is the defenseThis. A lot of Wilt dunking with a man behind him watching for literally 3 seconds. Where are the hard fouls? Bill Russel's D also looks mad overrated, but I guess these are Wilt clips so it's the plays where Bill just happens to look bad.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
He brings the ball low - a lot. Wasn't it supposed to be about fundamentals 100 years ago?

CavaliersFTW
12-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I notice the better the Wilt footage the stronger the backlash of haters here on ISH - just in that 4 minutes Wilt displays a skillset and body control nobody his size has ever had before or since he played and all the haters want to do is pretend Wilt didn't ALREADY destroy the defense on those plays to even be able to TOUCH the ball in the first place.

Post defense is played before an offensive post player touches the ball in the post, I've only showed clips of Wilt AFTER he's already touched the ball. Because in a basketball mix few want to see the slow jog up the court and the jocky for position - the athletic/creative/entertaining bit is in the finish. I HAVE shown footage of Wilt jockying for position in the post in the Kareem mix because I wanted to highlight BOTH big men in that particular video. In these clips, it's all about Wilt, and his finishes. F*cking morons man I swear none of you understand the god damn center position :oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
He brings the ball low - a lot. Wasn't it supposed to be about fundamentals 100 years ago?
He did - and your right it is not fundamentally sound or a smart thing to do. Except that, this is Wilt and he was strong enough to get away with it. Few others ever have.

PHILA
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Yes he did much like Shaq, though nobody could strip the ball from his grip. But I'm sure it did give the defense a chance to foul him and prevent the dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnu5vMfPtbw&t=8m12s

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 08:49 PM
look at that d :oldlol:

PHILA
12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Post defense is played before an offensive post player touches the ball in the post, I've only showed clips of Wilt AFTER he's already touched the ball. Because in a basketball mix few want to see jockying for position, everyone wants to see the finish. F*cking morons man I swear none of you understand the god damn center position :oldlol:
Offense too. They need to listen to Barkley & Shaq on TNT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vYhco_6yWQ

JimmyMcAdocious
He did - and your right it is not fundamentally sound or a smart thing to do. Except that, this is Wilt and he was strong enough to get away with it. Few others ever have.

Well it's difficult to tell in that sample because the defenders aren't even attempting to swipe at the ball. Was this a problem with all big men from that era? Now I'm curious.

Can you post your Pettit footage too? I wanted to watch it and I kept forgetting to. Thanks.

Spaulding
Lol at op calling people haters for stating the obvious.

CavaliersFTW
12-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Well it's difficult to tell in that sample because the defenders aren't even attempting to swipe at the ball. Was this a problem with all big men from that era? Now I'm curious.

Can you post your Pettit footage too? I wanted to watch it and I kept forgetting to. Thanks.
You can find it through google or youtube - and no that was not a habit any big man had historically or otherwise outside of him that I'm aware of.

PHILA
12-10-2013, 08:56 PM
A lot of Wilt dunking with a man behind him watching for literally 3 seconds. Where are the hard fouls?

To be fair I have seen this with Shaq as well, where the defender would rather just give up the dunk than a potential 3 point play.

The Inside Game: Race, Power, and Politics in the NBA - Wayne Embry

I did not enjoy getting beaten up by Dick Cunningham every day in practice. He just did not realize how strong he was. I finally had to tell him that he did not have to do everything I did, especially against me, his mentor. Dick got the respect of all of us one day at practice when he any Lenny Chappell were jawing at each other.

Dick finally had enough of Lenny physically and mentally abusing him. As they squared off, Dick shouted at Lenny, "Give it your best shot, Big Boy, "and he stuck out his jaw. Lenny punched him and, to our astonishment, Dick did not even flinch. Lenny was stunned. He could not believe that punch did not even phase Dick.

Dick sometimes got carried away with his ability and often needed a reality check. We were about to face the Lakers for the first time, and as we dressed, I was trying to explain to Dick how good and how stong Wilt was.

"Hey man, he puts his pants on the same way I do," he responded.

As the others laughed, all I could say was, "I admire your attitude, but let's not get carried away."

During the game, he very nearly did get carried away. He tried to stiff arm Wilt and Wilt almost threw him into the basket with the ball.

Tmuston Beltics
12-10-2013, 09:03 PM
So long arms..

secund2nun
12-10-2013, 09:22 PM
The defense is so pathetic in this clip. It's hard to take anything seriously from back then. At one point the defender even starts to job back to the other side of the court while Wilt's is still in the process of shooting :roll:

PHILA
12-10-2013, 09:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWFTGzJJ_g

Pointguard
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Look at this sequence of moves for a moment:

http://youtu.be/gXUkQ-3h8-Y?t=1m9s

What the ****!?

I love his fluidiness. KG and Dwight don't move like him. Love that "Mchale" drop step. I always thought in his his super high activity years he had to move like Amare.

jlip
12-10-2013, 10:04 PM
For those that are claiming that no defense is being played in this, please tell me how many highlight mixes of any player have you seen where it looks like they were being tightly guarded the whole time? Highlight mixes are usually composed of an offensive player dominating so that even what would normally be considered "good" defense looks worthless. They are typically filled with breakaway dunks and open shots.

CavaliersFTW
12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
For those that are claiming that no defense is being played in this, please tell me how many highlight mixes of any player have you seen where it looks like they were being tightly guarded the whole time? Highlight mixes are usually composed of an offensive player dominating so that even what would normally be considered "good" defense looks worthless. They are typically filled with breakaway dunks and open shots.
It's only going to be held against Wilt tho. There's so much footage of Wilt available that at this point there's nothing left for them to complain about - these are the same people that raved about Lebron's dunk 'over' Jason Terry :oldlol:

moe94
12-10-2013, 10:23 PM
these are the same people that raved about Lebron's dunk 'over' Jason Terry :oldlol:

How is that at all relevant to people bashing Wilt and the defense?

jlip
12-10-2013, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBnHq04CRg

That suffocating defense on Shaq :facepalm

moe94
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM

This is how Wilt's post game looks like. Not even exaggerating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E6OfdzBmTU

Psileas
12-10-2013, 11:13 PM

I was about to post the same clip. :oldlol:
+the same argument about highlight clips not involving impressive defenses in general.

Someone even asked for hard fouls. Well, apart from the fact that highlight films rarely include hard fouls, Wilt was fouled hard enough as a rookie to have a few teeth knocked off, causing a serious contamination that made him miss back to back games and even caused him some permanent damage. Soooooo, where are Shaq's, Jordan's, Magic's, etc, missing teeth?
Oh, I know, human teeth were weaker back then...
And how was Jordan able to have his sticking tongue intact throughout his whole career? He must have had the GOAT tongue. Tongue gonna GOAT. :bowdown:

raiderfan19
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I saw a couple of one legged "dirk" fades in there. Did not know he had that in his game

Miller for 3
12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Not gonna lie, the title of the video is eerily similar to what Euroleague names his V-Span videos. OP, can you prove you are not a Euroleague alt account?

Random_Guy
12-11-2013, 12:57 AM
beautiful footwork and finger rolls

CavaliersFTW
12-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Not gonna lie, the title of the video is eerily similar to what Euroleague names his V-Span videos. OP, can you prove you are not a Euroleague alt account?
Nope, I'm definitely him

LAZERUSS
12-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I was about to post the same clip. :oldlol:
+the same argument about highlight clips not involving impressive defenses in general.

Someone even asked for hard fouls. Well, apart from the fact that highlight films rarely include hard fouls, Wilt was fouled hard enough as a rookie to have a few teeth knocked off, causing a serious contamination that made him miss back to back games and even caused him some permanent damage. Soooooo, where are Shaq's, Jordan's, Magic's, etc, missing teeth?
Oh, I know, human teeth were weaker back then...
And how was Jordan able to have his sticking tongue intact throughout his whole career? He must have had the GOAT tongue. Tongue gonna GOAT. :bowdown:

Yep. CavsFan has been able to unearth a dozen or so near full games during Wilt's career, and some highlights, out of the 1200 NBA games that Chamberlain had. And, so let's disregard the MANY articles at the time describing the swarming and brutal defenses that Wilt faced in his entire career. Several CELTIC players claimed as much.

BTW, at a little over the 3 minute mark, Chamberlain, probably unintentionally, nearly knocks Nate Thurmond, who was built like Dwight Howard, only taller and longer,... into the seats. One can only wonder what a "Shaq-like" Chamberlain could have leveled his peers with.

And, as I have mentioned before, a prime Kareem faced many of the same centers that a prime Chamberlain battled, and was nowhere near as dominant. If KAJ could dominate the centers of the 70's and even the 80's, then how could anyone question what a prime Chamberlain would have done against them?

La Frescobaldi
12-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Nope, I'm definitely him
lulz

great footage cavs kudos again on your mining efforts!!

http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83462eb8d69e2010535ba8f4a970b-800wi

Eric Cartman
12-11-2013, 11:39 PM
You flat out couldn't guard Chamberlain. What a pimp.

Also he was dunking over Russell and shooting over double teams so that "no defense" argument I don't get.

LAZERUSS
12-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Of course the "Custerites" simply disparage anything Wilt accomplished. For years they ripped those that claimed that Wilt had a great vertical. "Where's the footage?" they asked. Well, when CavsFan came onto the scene, with never-before-scene footage, in which Chamberlain came within inches of the top of the backboard, then they questioned the footage. Then when an interview by Tex Winter, in which he claimed that he witnessed a high school Chamberlain dunking FTs, ...suddenly Winter was "lying."

There were those that scoffed at Wilt's supposed feats of strength, and bench press claims. Then, out of the blue, there is a live interview with none other then Arnold Schwartzenegger, who was just blown away by what Wilt could do in a gym.

Here again, EYE-WITNESS accounts of Chamberlain touching the top-of-the-backboard (Sonny Hill and longtime Sixer trainer, Al Domenico.) Tex Winter so shocked by what he saw, that he commissioned a rule against "freak activity" (the dunking of FTs.) An MSNBC interview in which a Wilt in his 50's, was seen benching 465 lbs (and proclaiming that he could have done more.) An interview done by Robert Cherry with a weight-lifter that worked out with Chamberlain in the 90's, and who supposedly could bench 500 lbs himself, who was just stunned by the amount that Chamberlain could curl. These go on-and-on. Eyewitness accounts of Wilt lifting a 225 lb man some eight feet to seats above the lower aisle, with ONE arm. Or Wilt heaving a 225 lb man over a volleyball net. And speaking of volleyball, there is a photo in one of Wilt's books, in which a leaping Wilt has his waist even with the top of the net.

And I have said it many times before...Wilt played for dozens of coaches in his career. There were probably hundreds of writers and sportscasters who witnessed Chamberlain's career. He faced perhaps thousands of players in his college and NBA career. And there were thousands, and perhaps millions, of fans who either were at his games, or watched them live on TV. And here we have all these so-called "myths" involving Chamberlain. His leaping ability; his speed, and his strength. And yet, where are the LEGITIMATE eye-witness accounts that would DISPUTE those claims? Wouldn't you think someone would have seen Wilt in practice, attempting to dunk a free-throw, or trying to touch the top-of-the-backboard, and failing? Don't you think someone would have seen Wilt failing at throwing up 500 lbs on the bench (or given us the exact amount that he was doing)?

No matter the overwhelming evidence that exists...the "Chamberlain-bashers" will never accept it.

LAZERUSS
12-12-2013, 12:20 AM
You flat out couldn't guard Chamberlain. What a pimp.

Also he was dunking over Russell and shooting over double teams so that "no defense" argument I don't get.

Those that dismiss Wilt's highest scoring seasons, because of lack of competition, tend to overlook the fact that Chamberlain had entire seasons, covering 9-11 H2H games in each, against Russell of 38, 38, and 40 ppg. Or that Wilt had entire seasons, covering 10 game H2H games in each, of 44 and 53 ppg against Bellamy. Or an entire season, covering 9 H2H games, against Reed, in which Wilt averaged 40 ppg. High games of 58 against Reed, 62 against Russell, and 73 against Bellamy.

Psileas
12-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Of course the "Custerites" simply disparage anything Wilt accomplished. For years they ripped those that claimed that Wilt had a great vertical. "Where's the footage?" they asked. Well, when CavsFan came onto the scene, with never-before-scene footage, in which Chamberlain came within inches of the top of the backboard, then they questioned the footage. Then when an interview by Tex Winter, in which he claimed that he witnessed a high school Chamberlain dunking FTs, ...suddenly Winter was "lying."

There were those that scoffed at Wilt's supposed feats of strength, and bench press claims. Then, out of the blue, there is a live interview with none other then Arnold Schwartzenegger, who was just blown away by what Wilt could do in a gym.

Here again, EYE-WITNESS accounts of Chamberlain touching the top-of-the-backboard (Sonny Hill and longtime Sixer trainer, Al Domenico.) Tex Winter so shocked by what he saw, that he commissioned a rule against "freak activity" (the dunking of FTs.) An MSNBC interview in which a Wilt in his 50's, was seen benching 465 lbs (and proclaiming that he could have done more.) An interview done by Robert Cherry with a weight-lifter that worked out with Chamberlain in the 90's, and who supposedly could bench 500 lbs himself, who was just stunned by the amount that Chamberlain could curl. These go on-and-on. Eyewitness accounts of Wilt lifting a 225 lb man some eight feet to seats above the lower aisle, with ONE arm. Or Wilt heaving a 225 lb man over a volleyball net. And speaking of volleyball, there is a photo in one of Wilt's books, in which a leaping Wilt has his waist even with the top of the net.

And I have said it many times before...Wilt played for dozens of coaches in his career. There were probably hundreds of writers and sportscasters who witnessed Chamberlain's career. He faced perhaps thousands of players in his college and NBA career. And there were thousands, and perhaps millions, of fans who either were at his games, or watched them live on TV. And here we have all these so-called "myths" involving Chamberlain. His leaping ability; his speed, and his strength. And yet, where are the LEGITIMATE eye-witness accounts that would DISPUTE those claims? Wouldn't you think someone would have seen Wilt in practice, attempting to dunk a free-throw, or trying to touch the top-of-the-backboard, and failing? Don't you think someone would have seen Wilt failing at throwing up 500 lbs on the bench (or given us the exact amount that he was doing)?

No matter the overwhelming evidence that exists...the "Chamberlain-bashers" will never accept it.

Also, how about that video of 40-something (?) Wilt being in a show when he lifts some comedian with apparently no effort and then turns his body in the air while practically only moving his wrists. Do I remember this wrong?

LAZERUSS
12-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Also, how about that video of 40-something (?) Wilt being in a show when he lifts some comedian with apparently no effort and then turns his body in the air while practically only moving his wrists. Do I remember this wrong?

That one is new to me. Obviously it wouldn't have surprised me, though.

The list of eye-witness accounts is staggering. After Wilt retired, he went on to briefly coach the Conquistadors in the ABA. There was a story in which there was a SD practice, (and Wilt was running late, as usual), and during the shoot-around, a ball got stuck in a guidewire. The players, including 6-11 Caldwell Jones attempted to knock it down, but none of them could touch it. Wilt finally showed up, and asked what was going on. When told that they couldn't get the ball down, a 37 year old Wilt, in a suit-and-tie, took off his shoes, and told the players to put their money down. In his very first leap he dislodged it easily.

Of course, that was a Chamberlain who was repeatedly blocking Kareem's "unblockable" sky-hook (and in the air mind you) at well past his prime.

And then there is footage of an old Wilt just overpowering a young Gilmore in an ABA-NBA ASG. I believe it was Robert Parish who faced both Gimore and Shaq, and claimed that Gilmore was the stronger of the two.

LAZERUSS
12-12-2013, 12:50 AM
And one more time...

Where is the full game footage just one of Wilt's 271 40+ NBA games? Or one of his 73 40-30 games?

Psileas
12-12-2013, 11:28 AM
That one is new to me. Obviously it wouldn't have surprised me, though.

It belongs to Cavs' "hidden" videos.
BTW, Cavs, haven't you created that Vimeo account where you would re-upload these videos?

WillC
12-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Incredible footage. Haven't seen many (any?) of these Chamberlain clips before. Absolute gold dust.

LAZERUSS
12-14-2013, 11:16 AM

I still haven't seen it yet, but was it Jackie Gleason?

Psileas
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't know American comedians, so I can't answer.

BTW, the video now appears as private and I can't open it, but I want to ask something: There's a play of him taken from the game vs the Pistons when Wilt broke the all-time scoring record. This play kind of ruins the video, because the guy guarding Wilt has completely given up once Wilt got the ball, and I think partially due to this play the video has gotten some flak (except for the known trolls and haters, obviously). I want to ask, who is this #19 guy? He would supposedly be Reggie Harding (7-footer, btw), but in 1966 he was suspended and the Pistons had no other #19 that season. So, what's going on?

Psileas
12-14-2013, 12:22 PM
BTW, that was one of Wilt's really dominant games, an official 40-point Triple Double. But this #19 guy looks like a bit of a mystery.

La Frescobaldi
12-14-2013, 01:07 PM
BTW, that was one of Wilt's really dominant games, an official 40-point Triple Double. But this #19 guy looks like a bit of a mystery.
don't know what game you are talking about but maybe it was from the fall of '66?

PHILA
12-14-2013, 01:44 PM
^ Feb 14, 1966

41 points, 13 assists, 16/18 FG, 9/17 FT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWFTGzJJ_g

PHILA
12-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Feb 14, 1966

Chamberlain could have shattered the record long ago if he was a point-hungry basketball player. Strange as is may seem to say a man with a 39.9 point lifetime average is not point hungry, Wilt isn't.

How many points could he score? In his first four seasons, Wilt battered the baskets at 37.6 points per game, 38.4, 50.4, and 44.8. He followed with seasons of 36.9 and 34.7.

Now with a team of more offensive balance, Chamberlain spends more time setting up teammates for shots. Chamberlain has three teammates with double-figure averages: former Marshall great Hal Greer (22.9), Chet Walker (15.1), and rookie Billy Cunningham (15.0).

"The ball was going into the basket for my teammates," said Wilt, explaining why he was in no hurry to set a new career scoring total.

"That was my game plan. And since we were moving the ball well, with me feeding, we kept it up."

OldSchoolBBall
12-14-2013, 01:55 PM
The video in the OP is now private. Anyone able to view it?

LAZERUSS
12-14-2013, 01:57 PM

You're right. According to BB-Ref, the Pistons didn't have any player who wore #19 that season.

Phila posted his stats... a typical Chamberlain game... 41 points on 16-18 FG-FGA, and 13 assists. In a 149-123 win BTW.

As a sidenote...Wilt had five games in his career in which he put up a quin double-double (40-40 games.)

fpliii
12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
You're right. According to BB-Ref, the Pistons didn't have any player who wore #19 that season.

Phila posted his stats... a typical Chamberlain game... 41 points on 16-18 FG-FGA, and 13 assists. In a 149-123 win BTW.

As a sidenote...Wilt had five games in his career in which he put up a quin double-double (40-40 games.)

23 rebounds too (and 2 PF), can't find a blocks mention, I'll check again. Incredibly efficient scoring performance.

LAZERUSS
12-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Feb 14, 1966

Chamberlain could have shattered the record long ago if he was a point-hungry basketball player. Strange as is may seem to say a man with a 39.9 point lifetime average is not point hungry, Wilt isn't.

How many points could he score? In his first four seasons, Wilt battered the baskets at 37.6 points per game, 38.4, 50.4, and 44.8. He followed with seasons of 36.9 and 34.7.

Now with a team of more offensive balance, Chamberlain spends more time setting up teammates for shots. Chamberlain has three teammates with double-figure averages: former Marshall great Hal Greer (22.9), Chet Walker (15.1), and rookie Billy Cunningham (15.0).

"The ball was going into the basket for my teammates," said Wilt, explaining why he was in no hurry to set a new career scoring total.

"That was my game plan. And since we were moving the ball well, with me feeding, we kept it up."

I have mentioned it before, but IMO, the only player capable of breaking Chamberlain's 100 point game, would have been Wilt, himself. And a mid-60's Chamberlain, at his peak, was just so absolutely dominant against his peers, that I believe he could have shattered his 50 ppg seasonal record had he chosen to do so.

I won't bother posting the numbers now (I have before), but Wilt in his 65-66 season just trashed the best centers in the league (Bellamy, Russell, and Thurmond.) And if you go back to just the previous season, he crushed Willis Reed, as well (who became a PF alongside Bellamy in the 65-66 season.)

And speaking of the "twin-towers" of Reed and Bellamy, how about Chamberlain's 66-67 season against them? In nine H2H games, he averaged 22.7 ppg, 25.7 rpg, and shot...get this... .709 from the field. And BTW, in nine H2H games against the Bullets that season... 30.9 ppg on a .748 FG%; and in nine H2H games against the Bulls, 25.6 ppg on a .797 FG%; and in nine H2H games against the Lakers... 26.4 ppg on a .759 FG%.

CavaliersFTW
12-14-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0Ah1ks1ME

fpliii
12-14-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0Ah1ks1ME

Good stuff.

A lot more high-post fadeaways near the elbow than I'd expect, since I thought he liked setting up from the baseline. Are those clips mostly from 63-64, 66-67, 67-68 when he had Hannum as his coach, or was he shooting from there in other seasons as well?

CavaliersFTW
12-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Good stuff.

A lot more high-post fadeaways near the elbow than I'd expect, since I thought he liked setting up from the baseline. Are those clips mostly from 63-64, 66-67, 67-68 when he had Hannum as his coach, or was he shooting from there in other seasons as well?
The color clips at the end are '67 - he retired (aside from opportunistic shots) heavy use of the fadeaway that season and beyond and due to attrition I think he got increasingly bad at shooting any kind of ranged shots from there on out even when he did find the opportunity to take them. The b/w clips are 90% from 66 and prior, there's a few '67 clips that are black and white, but the b/w clips mostly reflect how Wilt set himself up on offense as a scorer. He actually shot a lot - totally different looking player on that end than the 67-73 Wilt IMO.

fpliii
12-14-2013, 03:24 PM
The color clips at the end are '67 - he retired (aside from opportunistic shots) heavy use of the fadeaway that season and beyond and due to attrition I think he got increasingly bad at shooting any kind of ranged shots from there on out even when he did find the opportunity to take them. The b/w clips are 90% from 66 and prior, there's a few '67 clips that are black and white, but the b/w clips mostly reflect how Wilt set himself up on offense as a scorer. He actually shot a lot - totally different looking player on that end than the 67-73 Wilt IMO.

67 meaning from 67-68, or 66-67? So the mix is from when he entered to the league to before the championship Sixers season?

CavaliersFTW
12-14-2013, 03:34 PM
67 meaning from 67-68, or 66-67? So the mix is from when he entered to the league to before the championship Sixers season?
No, this does and is going to include footage up to 68 season - by 68 i mean 68-69. It's going to be a mix of Wilt in his prime - both scoring years and nonscoring years. This is not how the eventual mix will look. This is just the very early stages with clips kind of scattered about randomly.

Pointguard
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Joe Strawder, perhaps Jersey must have gotten ripped.

fpliii
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
No, this does and is going to include footage up to 68 season - by 68 i mean 68-69. It's going to be a mix of Wilt in his prime - both scoring years and nonscoring years. This is not how the eventual mix will look. This is just the very early stages with clips kind of scattered about randomly.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
12-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

:cheers:
I do have it mostly divided though - everything 4:45 and prior is 90% pre-1967 season footage - before he 'retired' the J's.

fpliii
12-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I do have it mostly divided though - everything 4:45 and prior is 90% pre-1967 season footage - before he 'retired' the J's.

Cool, thanks for the info. Are you gonna keep the two portions separate in the final mix as well?

CavaliersFTW
12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Are you gonna keep the two portions separate in the final mix as well?
Yes, I think so because rather than just 100point game background track there is going to be the narrative of how he played and what he did and when, much like the dream recruit video i did. My typical style of Docu-highlights.

Owl
12-14-2013, 06:06 PM

I still haven't seen it yet, but was it Jackie Gleason?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huF3PFXU-V0

MiseryCityTexas
12-14-2013, 08:10 PM
that was a sick ass reverse slam wilt did in that video. he was clearly a player ahead of his time.

OldSchoolBBall
12-15-2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huF3PFXU-V0

That is INSANE if it's not staged somehow. Wow. Wilt's poterior chain doesn't even move while he's lifting that dude, nor does he bend over. Amazing strength.

EDIT: I'm wondering if it was staged only because you can sort of see some piece of the guy's clothing coming up behind his tricep, on his back. I'm wondering if he was on a lift or harness of some sort. Who knows. Though the story by Bob Lanier, who said Wilt did the same thing to him, seems to corroborate it.

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I think that's either Wilt's fingers or his fingers pushing some of the guy's clothing outwards.

EDIT #3: This is without a doubt one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. :oldlol: Even though that guy is 150 pounds at best, that's live weight, and Wilt doesn't straight at all. Wow.

La Frescobaldi
12-19-2013, 09:26 PM
That is INSANE if it's not staged somehow. Wow. Wilt's poterior chain doesn't even move while he's lifting that dude, nor does he bend over. Amazing strength.

EDIT: I'm wondering if it was staged only because you can sort of see some piece of the guy's clothing coming up behind his tricep, on his back. I'm wondering if he was on a lift or harness of some sort. Who knows. Though the story by Bob Lanier, who said Wilt did the same thing to him, seems to corroborate it.

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I think that's either Wilt's fingers or his fingers pushing some of the guy's clothing outwards.

EDIT #3: This is without a doubt one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. :oldlol: Even though that guy is 150 pounds at best, that's live weight, and Wilt doesn't straight at all. Wow.

The dude was incredibly strong. I saw him get a rebound and Dave DeBusschere was holding onto the ball with both hands. Chamberlain cocked his arm back getting ready to throw a baseball pass downcourt ~~ and Dave was lifted off the ground still holding onto the ball!! One of the most amazing things I ever saw.
Saw him get a one handed rebound and Jerry Lucas had hold of that ball, full bodied, legs set and both hands on the ball but could not rip that ball out of Wilt's hand.
saw him pick up a big ol' guy on the beach out in Cali, long after he retired, one hand on his leg and one holding an arm, and flung him just like a sack of potatoes about 15 feet into the ocean.

I dunno if he was the strongest man I ever saw, because I remember, you know, guys like Alexeev. But he did the strongest things I ever saw on a court, for sure. There was a fight one afternoon game when he was on the Lakers and the two guys went to the floor - goin' at it. Chamberlain picked them up bodily, one hand on each guy's arm and proceeded to frog walk them down the court. That got played on the national news.
He would go up for rebounds and guys would bounce off of him and fly right off the court. Not talking guards but guys like Bob Lanier and Nate Thurmond. Big dudes. There's some clips of those kinds of things on youtube

LAZERUSS
12-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I loved Shaq, but he was not Wilt in terms of strength.

The internet is just plastered with stories of Chamberlain's amazing strength. And tons of eye-witness accounts, as well.

For years there were the Wilt-bashers who questioned Chamberlain's supposed bench press numbers. But there are tons of articles and first-hand accounts of him benching as much as 400 back in 1964 (and well before he was at his peak), to even an eye-witness account of a Wilt, in the 90's, and in his late 50's, benching 465 lbs. And how about Arnold Schwartenegger who was just stunned by the weight Wilt was throwing around in the gym.

Meanwhile, I had read unverified accounst of Shaq benching as much as 455 lbs. Yet, just a couple of years, on national TV, he couldn't budge 405...not an inch.

And how about Shaq in his "fights." Barkley gave him all he could handle in one, and in another, he looked like a girl trying to punch Brad Miller.

Wilt? Virtually no one messed with him, except 6-9 Clyde Lovellette. What happened? Chamberlain ended his career with one punch. And of course, how about the legitimate offer that Chamberlain received to fight Ali...twice? And there were those in Ali-s camp who were afraid of that fight. In fact, none other than Cus D'Amato believed that Wilt could have won that fight.

Psileas
12-19-2013, 11:00 PM
The dude was incredibly strong. I saw him get a rebound and Dave DeBusschere was holding onto the ball with both hands. Chamberlain cocked his arm back getting ready to throw a baseball pass downcourt ~~ and Dave was lifted off the ground still holding onto the ball!! One of the most amazing things I ever saw.
Saw him get a one handed rebound and Jerry Lucas had hold of that ball, full bodied, legs set and both hands on the ball but could not rip that ball out of Wilt's hand.
saw him pick up a big ol' guy on the beach out in Cali, long after he retired, one hand on his leg and one holding an arm, and flung him just like a sack of potatoes about 15 feet into the ocean.

I dunno if he was the strongest man I ever saw, because I remember, you know, guys like Alexeev. But he did the strongest things I ever saw on a court, for sure. There was a fight one afternoon game when he was on the Lakers and the two guys went to the floor - goin' at it. Chamberlain picked them up bodily, one hand on each guy's arm and proceeded to frog walk them down the court. That got played on the national news.
He would go up for rebounds and guys would bounce off of him and fly right off the court. Not talking guards but guys like Bob Lanier and Nate Thurmond. Big dudes. There's some clips of those kinds of things on youtube

Some volleyball people's testimonies about Wilt also include a couple of interesting stories (see Kirk Kilgour - Ed Becker):

http://www.volleyballmag.com/articles/43228-wilt-chamberlain-s-lasting-legacy

Psileas
12-19-2013, 11:07 PM

There's a Youtube clip of him during his currently only available 1967 game (vs the Celtics) where he steals a loose ball, goes down the court and as he slows down, he bumps into (I think) Don Nelson and Nelson goes flying several feet away.

La Frescobaldi
12-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Some volleyball people's testimonies about Wilt also include a couple of interesting stories (see Kirk Kilgour - Ed Becker):

never saw that before that's really great!

justin12140
12-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Some of yall are really going crazy watching a 7 foot professional Athlete pick up a 5 foot 6 comedian. lol come on, he was a great player, but their is no need for all the crazy hero worship in this thread

LAZERUSS
12-20-2013, 01:29 AM

Interesting...I have posted articles which have claimed that Chamberlain was a world-class volleyball player, and while they were not from him, the "Custerites" on this forum laughed them off as a joke.

How about this part of that article...

[QUOTE]Byron Shewman, former IVA player

In 1978, I was a player-coach for the Tucson Sky. The All-Star Game was held in El Paso, and I was coaching the East team. Wilt was playing, and a journalist from the major El Paso paper called me a couple of days before for an interview about the game. I found out later that this guy didn