PDA

View Full Version : Why are the warriors underachieving?

Ca$H
11-30-2013, 04:35 AM
I think Mark Jackson is overrated. He is a good motivator but terrible at Xs and Os. The Warriors don't really have a system and are entirely dependent on personnel. Look at the spurs. You could plug in NBDL scrubs and they will still win. Warriors need a guy like Jerry Sloan to take over for Jackson.

Bobcats2013
11-30-2013, 04:39 AM
They're underachieving because this team is built for the post season. Been saying it all summer. They'll beat the teams they're suppose to beat but won't beat that many good teams until post season.

bdreason
11-30-2013, 04:47 AM
West is tough.

icewill36
11-30-2013, 04:51 AM
West is tough.

this.. i almost feel bad for everyone in the west. it sure would be nice to get some balance, but its just the way things have shaken out. it wont be like this forever, hopefully. but there seem to be more owners who care about building a winner in the west.

KG215
11-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Well, for starters, Curry missed something like 4 or 5 games and their offense looked awful in the 2 or 3 of those games I watched and now they haven't had Iguodala for few games; and without Iguodala Barnes has to start which makes the Warriors bench pretty bad.

They'll be fine. Might be digging themselves too big of a hole early on to climb back into the top 4, but I think they'll still end up finishing no worse than 5th. May sound silly to say they've already dug too big of a hole this early in the season, but losses in November count for seeding purposes just the same as losses in March. The West is going to be tight this year, so a loss due to someone being injured or an unexpected loss to a lesser team hurts.

For the playoffs, though, I'd still rank them 3rd behind the Spurs and Thunder. They're very balanced, have four starters who can score 15-20 on any given night, and two who can go off for 30+ any given night, and have a more than capable bench scoring threat in Barnes who has looked very good lately in Iguodala's absence. They might be a little too jumpshot reliant, but they've got two of the best jumpshooters in the league, so it's not as big of an issue.

NumberSix
11-30-2013, 06:04 AM
They're not underachieving. It's just that people's opinion/expectations of them were overrated.

Xiao Yao You
11-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Whatever it let's hope the keep it up! :cheers:

no pun intended
11-30-2013, 07:03 AM
1) Iguodala's injury
2) Douglas and Speights ain't nothing close to Jack and Landry

SacJB Shady
11-30-2013, 08:43 AM
There might be the possibility that they are built for the postseason. That's when they will put all their energy into it. For instance they couldn't beat Denver last year in the regular season then what happened? Nobody expected that to happen. And then they almost got it done in SA. I think they are at their best when they play their fastest. But they can't do that every game or they'll get burned out.

andremiller07
11-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Iggy/Douglas there two best defenders with Bogut are out, Douglas was starting to play well to just before he went down and Nedovic/Bazemore are massive downgrades right now.

jzek
11-30-2013, 09:50 AM
West is tough.

they play teams in the east too you know

Haymaker
11-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Relax, it's just an early season slump. They'll be alright.

kurple
11-30-2013, 11:17 AM
They're underachieving because this team is built for the post season. Been saying it all summer. They'll beat the teams they're suppose to beat but won't beat that many good teams until post season.
built for the playoffs?

this warriors team should easily win 55 regular season games IMO.

kurple
11-30-2013, 11:18 AM
2) Douglas and Speights ain't nothing close to Jack and Landry
i still cant believe how underrated Jack and Landry became this summer

HurricaneKid
11-30-2013, 11:45 AM
They should have beaten OKC on the road last night. Seems like a really overreactive thread to have today.

Especially considering how many games they have lost from major contributors.

westside_baller
11-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Jobbed by the refs on OKC's home court.

ThunderKat
11-30-2013, 01:45 PM
They should have beaten OKC on the road last night. Seems like a really overreactive thread to have today.

Especially considering how many games they have lost from major contributors.

OKC could argue the same thing. GSW had a last second shot to win on their home court as well.

To the OP, GSW will be fine.

DropStep
11-30-2013, 01:49 PM
No one expected them to be winning a championship this season. The west is also tough, I think they will make the playoffs and do some damage.

bdreason
11-30-2013, 05:49 PM
they play teams in the east too you know

We've played 2 EC teams in 17 games... and we beat them both easily.

Every night is a playoff caliber game out West. Outside of the Jazz, the worst teams we played have been the Pelicans, Wolves, and Mavs... and those are all solid squads.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Douglas is injured too. You have your only 2 PGs injured, and then your out of position 3rd string PG gets injured. Seems like other than at the very beginning of the season, they never have any depth at the PG spot.

Iguodala+Douglas should more than fill what Jack provided last year. Said that in the preseason and, after watching a healthy Warriors team, I feel the same. Curry and Iggy have worked well together thus far and Iggy has had no problems initiating the offense in the same way Jack-Curry was used, as long he isn't the only "point guard" on the floor.

The loss of Landry is the bigger deal because Speights is a scrub. They're getting good minutes out of JO, tho, but he has dealt with injuries this year as well.

Looking at their schedule, I only see 1 game they should have won when you consider the injury problems during each game. Maybe 2.

This Warriors team will be fine if they remain healthy. Which was always the primary concern when your two key players are Steph and Bogut. Nothing new here.

Bigsmoke
11-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Tough schedule and injuries.

Djsonny
12-01-2013, 02:11 AM
JJ was awesome for them last year, especially since curry was out so much. He stepped in very well as a backup

AirTupac
12-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Lakers have the same record as them :cheers:

SacJB Shady
12-01-2013, 04:44 AM

+ 1

BlazerRed
12-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Holy crap that's scary :lol Lakers have far exceeded my expectations.

Xiao Yao You
12-01-2013, 05:29 AM
But than so does Phoenix after losing to to Utah at home! :facepalm