PDA

View Full Version : Will Carmelo even be offered the max?

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:21 PM
It seems as if this is considered a foregone conclusion because he is still propped up as a "superstar" in media circles and amongst NYK fans.

I guess the question I meant to pose is SHOULD he even be offered the max? I know his delusional stans in NYK will mostly think so and come up with all sorts of excuses and reasons why he doesn't get anything done.

But the evidence is overwhelming that he really isn't a MAX player. In fact quite frankly, with stephen a smith, there are very few legitimate max players in the league right now. When you have a finite amount of money with which you can pay players, and you pay someone like Carmelo, Love, Harden the same percentage of your cap that someone else is paying Lebron James or Kevin Durant??? You are already screwed. How can you possible expect to win?

Does anyone notice that the team best equipped to beat the Heat right now (Pacers) has NO max contracts currently?? Paul George's max deal will kick in next year, and it will be interesting to see how that affects the rest of their roster going forward.

The Spurs have no max contracts, the Grizzlies have no max contracts. Those four were your Conference Finalists last year. Heat (Lebron), Pacers, Spurs, Grizzlies. The Nuggets finished 3rd in the WC last year with no max contracts.

If you don't have Lebron, Durant, maybe CP3.... giving out max contracts to players like Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Carmelo Anthony, James Harden, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook..... these guys are replaceable. People act like they're not. Everything statistical shows that these guys do not alter the fortunes of franchises. Portland is 13-3 right now.

The Lakers have 50 million dollars tied up in Kobe and Pau this year. Kobe is out and Pau is supposedly "garbage", the team is at .500 in the western conference with a lineup of scrubs. The Knicks have "Top 5 Superstar, Best Pure Scorer in the Game, Max Player" Carmelo Anthony.... they're 3-11. "But they don't have Tyson Chandler!" Ok, so then if Chandler is such an impact guy, he must be a Top 10 player, huh?

So I'm just saying, from a basketball standpoint Carmelo isn't nearly worth the max. The Knicks are 3-11. So what happens if Carmelo signs somewhere else, they go to 0-14? WTF is the difference? :lol

Yall niqqas feel how I'm talkin bout?

kNicKz
11-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Strong basketball analysis.

Bookmarked

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Strong basketball analysis.

Bookmarked

http://daledentalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bowing.jpg

Random_Guy
11-28-2013, 01:28 PM
ofc he will, yeah a lot of people have probably figured out that having Melo on your team aint the recipe to success.But who else are they going to throw the money at? Lets no pretend that Melo isnt a perennial allstar, as overrated as his fat ass is.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:45 PM
ofc he will, yeah a lot of people have probably figured out that having Melo on your team aint the recipe to success.But who else are they going to throw the money at? Lets no pretend that Melo isnt a perennial allstar, as overrated as his fat ass is.

Why do they have to throw money at anyone??? Pay guys what they're worth.

If the Knicks still sold out their arena during the Isiah, Marbury, Curry, Randolph years, I think they can continue to draw well with a bunch of young players, overachievers, and journeymen who actually give max EFFORT. Keep your cap flexible, try and acquire assets, and enjoy the fact you've got a basketball team. These idiots wringing their hands every year they don't win a championship, it's like dude settle down, life will go on. Try to actually build a team and be patient.

Actually a lot of times scrappy young teams are more fun to root for. They get a big win and it's like everyone's euphoric. You have a team full of lazy, overpaid clowns like JR Smiff and all you are set up for is disappointment.

The Knicks are NOT going to win a title in the next 3 years. NO MATTER WHAT. So really, why overpay Carmelo Anthony? Are his isos really that fun to watch? Do the fans enjoy his isos? Because they've actually booed him for them at various times during his tenure there. So what exactly is the fascination with having Melo?

Btw - I'm not saying don't re-sign him. I'm saying offer him a FAIR contract, and if he balks let him walk. The idea that the Knicks need Melo more than he needs them?

:lol Come on now.

STATUTORY
11-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Knicks will, they ain't interested in paying players their fair value, their FO is ran by Melo's agents and representatives. Not only will they pay Melo, they are also actively part of the campaign to perpetuate the myth that Melo is a superstar.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Let Melo walk and be left with what? Smarten up.

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Melo will get the max.

Bigger question is when Bargnani opts out this summer, how much they will offer him and for how long. Because AB will get offers from other teams

TheMarkMadsen
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
This would be the first time in his entire career that he didnt make the playoffs.

Of course he's a max player, do you see the money lesser players are making. The Lakers have a team built around their coaches strengths..the Knicks were not put together with any sense of organization. Lakers are .500 because they are a jump shooting team who are a good team when the shit is falling and garbage at times when that shot is off.

Melos a great player, top 10 without question. He doesn't have the players around him that Lebron does, or a well built team like the pacers, he has Jr Smith as his 2nd best offensive option, a team with basically one center (Chandler) an a bunch of of guards. This team isn't built for Melo.

coin24
11-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Why do melo and Kobe make you so mad?:yaohappy:

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 02:00 PM

:facepalm

You want my attention badly.

Aint gonna happen.

DStebb716
11-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Of course Melo will get the ****ing max.

HylianNightmare
11-28-2013, 02:06 PM
i think he will, not that he does or does not deserve it but the revenue that he brings in, the jerseys he sells, the face that he is a bodafide superstar level SCORER and the fact that there will always be a team with cap space and nothing to lose

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 02:06 PM
He doesn't have the players around him that Lebron does, or a well built team like the pacers,

He doesn't have the players around him that Lebron does, or a well built team like the pacers,

That's because he takes up 20 million dollars of cap room. That's the point. Nobody on the Pacers takes up that much of the cap. Lebron is Lebron and the reason he has good players around him is because they want to come play with the best player in the league who makes other guys better. Not to mention, Wade, Bosh, and Bron aren't even making the max.

I can't understand if you missed my point or if you just really, REALLY don't understand basketball. You are a kobe stan and think he's Top 10 alltime, so your basketball credibility is already extremely suspect. But let me try to simplify it down to nuts and bolts:

You only get 58 million in cap space (or whatever it is). If you are paying Carmelo 21 million dollars.... while other teams are paying superior players like Lebron (19M) or Durant (17M).... you are already at a tremendous disadvantage in becoming a contender. Because you have to add more talent than the Heat and Thunder, but with less money.

Let me put it another way: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER WIN A TITLE WHILE PAYING CARMELO MAX DOLLARS.

So why keep trying???

kNicKz
11-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Why do melo and Kobe make you so mad?:yaohappy:

Stan, try to understand that I do want you as a fan

Nuff Said
11-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Supply and demand ensures he will get the max.

Haymaker
11-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Melo will get the max.

Bigger question is when Bargnani opts out this summer, how much they will offer him and for how long. Because AB will get offers from other teams

I think Bargnani is an experiment more than anything else. Knicks could ship his ass at the trade deadline if they are smart.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Honestly, it's like this site is made up of 4th graders.

You try and explain algebra to them, but they're only capable of doing addition and subtraction. They just don't understand. They're not capable.

Look at all the points Carmelo scores, weee! I have his action figure, he's a Superstar! Yayyy!

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Vancouver-Grizz
11-28-2013, 02:10 PM
only team that he will sign with is NY and he knows it already. Melo is not Dwight and will go after the biggest contract offer there is.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Supply and demand ensures he will get the max.

Ok, now explain to me what the demand is for him.

Their team is 3-11. In the three years he's been there, they have a playoff series record of 1-3.

So if they lose him.... explain to me what the problem is.

Seriously, somebody please explain to me what the problem is if they lose him. From a basketball standpoint.

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 02:15 PM
I think Bargnani is an experiment more than anything else. Knicks could ship his ass at the trade deadline if they are smart.

He's with CAA.
And the Knicks gave up a first and 2 2nds to get him - why? Who else was bidding on Bargnani at that price?

:coleman: :wtf:

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Their team is 3-11. In the three years he's been there, they have a playoff series record of 1-3.

Seriously, somebody please explain to me what the problem is if they lose him. From a basketball standpoint.

Melo is with CAA and CAA runs the Knicks.
He's not going anywhere.

And the Lakers, with Kobe's contract, are committing to putting role players around him, rather than bringing in superstars and trying to jam them into the system. Options for Kobe at small forward are Granger and Hayward.

Is Melo going to go to Milwaukee, Detroit, Charlotte, Sacramento? Doubt it.

Only big name franchise would be Dallas to play with Dirk, which makes sense. But that won't happen.

He's staying in New York at a max or near max level deal.

EnoughSaid
11-28-2013, 02:19 PM
If guys like Joe Johnson and Rashard Lewis got rediculous deals, Melo is definitely going to get the max. He's a good player and a very capable scorer. If he's in the right system and is allowed to succeed, I wouldn't mind dishing $17-20 mil a year for him.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 02:38 PM

You want my attention badly.

Aint gonna happen.

Yes just craving the attention of a putz like yourself who gets banned left and right. How many accounts do you have up your sleeve? Seems you want our attention to notice you here. :confusedshrug:

What you presented is retarded. Niqqa pleaze

Nuff Said
11-28-2013, 02:38 PM

I used to be a huge melo fan but I've since regressed. But understand, melo is one of the top players in the league. If you can't have lebron or kd, then you want the next best. Melo has options. It's basically a bid war for him. The Knicks suck. He is the best player on that team by far. It really isn't his fault they are losing. They just ****in suck.

LoneyROY7
11-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Yes.

/thread.

TheMarkMadsen
11-28-2013, 02:42 PM
That's because he takes up 20 million dollars of cap room. That's the point. Nobody on the Pacers takes up that much of the cap. Lebron is Lebron and the reason he has good players around him is because they want to come play with the best player in the league who makes other guys better. Not to mention, Wade, Bosh, and Bron aren't even making the max.

I can't understand if you missed my point or if you just really, REALLY don't understand basketball. You are a kobe stan and think he's Top 10 alltime, so your basketball credibility is already extremely suspect. But let me try to simplify it down to nuts and bolts:

You only get 58 million in cap space (or whatever it is). If you are paying Carmelo 21 million dollars.... while other teams are paying superior players like Lebron (19M) or Durant (17M).... you are already at a tremendous disadvantage in becoming a contender. Because you have to add more talent than the Heat and Thunder, but with less money.

Let me put it another way: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER WIN A TITLE WHILE PAYING CARMELO MAX DOLLARS.

So why keep trying???

I don't read your troll essays. I read you first sentence and stop.

But yeah surely Melo making the max is the reason they have no cap. Has nothing to so with Amare or Chandler.

There is no point of responding to your threads anyways. With the cracking down on trolls I wouldn't be surprised to see this get closed.

If you really don't think a team will offer Melo max money then you're sadly mistaken

iDunk
11-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Not sure if serious.

Dude's putting up 26/10/3 & 1 steal for the season... Melo's not the reason we're losing.

ispin69
11-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Based Melo using kobe stans to get max offer from the Knicks even with subpar performances. :oldlol:

btw if you think a melo and kobe combination will win rings..:roll:

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Melo's not the reason we're losing.

That's your criteria for a max contract?

Is Pablo Prigioni the reason yall are losing? If it can be proven he's not, should he get the max?

Tyson Chandler's absence IS the reason you're losing. Max extension for Chandler?

Patrick Chewing
11-28-2013, 03:49 PM

Sign someone else. Get back into the draft somehow.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Sign someone else. Get back into the draft somehow.

Who? You're not offering any potential solutions. Because the guys who will be available are not better than Carmelo Anthony yet you will end up spending just as much money on THEM as the OP suggests you should. Hence, stupid.

Yeah let Melo walk, we shall sign Deng. Maybe Danny Granger. Or Rudy Gay if he were to opt out (would be dumb)

Get back into the draft somehow is hilarious. Sounds like you understand letting Melo walk you will be in the land of mediocrity praying for an out. Good luck.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Because the guys who will be available are not better than Carmelo Anthony yet you will end up spending just as much money on THEM as the OP suggests you should. Hence, stupid.

Doesn't matter if any one single player is as good as Carmelo Anthony.

Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Felton and Mozgov turned out to be pretty equal in value to Melo. Just ask the Nuggets who were better without Melo.

For Melo's salary you can sign a few guys and have a real team.

You don't belong in this discussion dude. Nothing you say is ever intelligent. You just try to make yourself look informed or competent by being sour and derisive about other peoples ideas, while never saying anything meaningful yourself. You are to the NBA forum, what DeuceWallaces is to the OTC.

You've never had an original thought about basketball in all your 40,000+ posts. You're nothing but a posturing boob. You're utterly clueless and without worth.

Stop fronting Stop posing.

STATUTORY
11-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Who? You're not offering any potential solutions. Because the guys who will be available are not better than Carmelo Anthony yet you will end up spending just as much money on THEM as the OP suggests you should. Hence, stupid.

Yeah let Melo walk, we shall sign Deng. Maybe Danny Granger. Or Rudy Gay if he were to opt out (would be dumb)

Get back into the draft somehow is hilarious. Sounds like you understand letting Melo walk you will be in the land of mediocrity praying for an out. Good luck.

its better to retain cap flexibility and picks than overpaying for a player that can never be the 1st option of a championship winning team

in the NBA it's worse to be a 40 win team than a lottery bound team, the very act of not signing Melo would be the beginning of the rebuild process

If Knicks had never traded for Melo, we would be in a better position right now

niko
11-28-2013, 04:29 PM
its better to retain cap flexibility and picks than overpaying for a player that can never be the 1st option of a championship winning team

in the NBA it's worse to be a 40 win team than a lottery bound team, the very act of not signing Melo would be the beginning of the rebuild process

First of all why do you say we? You're a Lebron stan. Where does we come in?

Second we would be better off how? We would have just stood pat? Not got other players? We wouldn't have this huge cap space, we'd have gotten players. Or kept Gallo, Chandler, etc. and been really shitty as they sat on the bench hurt, and we'd have their deals which look pretty shitty right now.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 04:34 PM

The problem is, the average bonehead thinks that if you take Melo off the team, you literally lose 25 points per night. Like, if the Knicks score 90 with Melo, they would score 65 without him.

They do not realize that you can use a committee of average guys to score the same amount of points as you can by having one guy shoot a bunch of iso jumpers at average efficiency.

I mean, it's skull-numbing how stupid some of the people on this board are. In fact, MOST of the people on this board. It's not like this stuff is hard to understand.

Like I said, it's as if you're taking a concept that should be easy to introduce to a high schooler, like algebra, but trying to explain it to fourth graders. These people's brains are just on such a low level of competence. It's astonishing.

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 04:36 PM
The best thing the Knicks can do right now is to try and find a Chris Copeland-type player from the D-League. See if one of those types is around.

That's about all they can do at this point.

STATUTORY
11-28-2013, 04:38 PM
First of all why do you say we? You're a Lebron stan. Where does we come in?

Second we would be better off how? We would have just stood pat? Not got other players? We wouldn't have this huge cap space, we'd have gotten players. Or kept Gallo, Chandler, etc. and been really shitty as they sat on the bench hurt, and we'd have their deals which look pretty shitty right now.

I say we cause I been a knicks fan for the last two decades. :roll: not a lebron stan, don't need to prove myself in that regard.

You are probably right in the sense that Dolan would have just made other dumb decisions with the cap space if he didn't sign Melo. I'm just saying signing melo takes with a max contract does not help with the goal of winning a championship. It's a typical treadmill team move. In the NBA you either want to be a bottom dweller or a legitimate contender and I can't imagine being the latter with half your cap room allocated to Melo.

a max contract might be melo's market price because there are many owners who are content with having a name guy on their roster and not dedicated to winning, but that's not his fair price.

coin24
11-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Will OP ever lose his virginity??

The odds might improve if he didn't spend all day posting about melo and kobe:oldlol: he's quite the stan:applause:

IncarceratedBob
11-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Dwight just got the max..ofc Melo will get it.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 04:43 PM
I say we cause I been a knicks fan for the last two decades. :roll: not a lebron stan, don't need to prove myself in that regard.

You are probably right in the sense that Dolan would have just made other dumb decisions with the cap space if he didn't sign Melo. I'm just saying signing melo takes with a max contract does not help with the goal of winning a championship. It's a typical treadmill team move. In the NBA you either want to be a bottom dweller or a legitimate contender and I can't imagine being the latter with half your cap room allocated to Melo.

a max contract might be melo's market price because there are many owners who are content with having a name guy on their roster and not dedicated to winning, but that's not his fair price.

Exactly.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Doesn't matter if any one single player is as good as Carmelo Anthony.

Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Felton and Mozgov turned out to be pretty equal in value to Melo. Just ask the Nuggets who were better without Melo.

For Melo's salary you can sign a few guys and have a real team.

So sign them. You're just talkin out your ass as usual. Want me to provide the free agent list for this offseason since you're too lazy to do it yourself? No wonder your parents got tired of doing everything for you. You want someone to cook the meal then air plane it into your f*cking mouth. Nitwit.

Post NYK payroll after this season minus Melo
Sign the free agents to have a real team according to you

Stop procrastinating kid. I know why you're beating around the bush because I'm going to make you look incredibly stupid.

You don't belong in this discussion dude. Nothing you say is ever intelligent. You just try to make yourself look informed or competent by being sour and derisive about other peoples ideas, while never saying anything meaningful yourself. You are to the NBA forum, what DeuceWallaces is to the OTC.

You've never had an original thought about basketball in all your 40,000+ posts. You're nothing but a posturing boob. You're utterly clueless and without worth.

Stop fronting Stop posing.

Few people here take you serious. you even acknowledge this fact and wear it as a badge of honor. You then bash this place for its intelligence or lack thereof, how childish, juvenile it is. Full of sheep, no thinkers. Yet you have more accounts here than Jim Jackson has had NBA teams. You could be banned on this name and you'll jump on another. Play coy as if NO ONE knows its starface. Until you rage and most people who were oblivious see who it is.

Leave if you're above this. You're not schooling anyone. You're not enlightening anyone. You will not leave because you will go from "I cant have a civil intelligent convo here because people are incapable" to "I like being a troll and making you all see how dumb you are. Yea!". Yet you're trying to tell someone about what purpose they serve here. Really?

So enough of this off the topic nonsense. You're the mensa member here. Play NYK GM and tell us who do you sign if you decide to let CARMELO ANTHONY WALK. That is one simple task and we can go from there.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 05:21 PM

What flexibility? You have Amare making over $20mil next season. Tyson making over $14mil next season. Jr Smith making $6mil. So who are you signing? Or you're going to let Melo walk for nothing. Sign nothing worth mentioning and play for a top draft pick in the 14-15 season correct? Then unload Amare, Tyson, Bargs if you can or let them expire. Tons of cap space for the 2015 season. Then you'll sign everyone and be a better team. Ok.

I didnt know Melo was the problem in NY. Apparently he is. :rolleyes:

NugzFan
11-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Chandler and gallos deals don't look bad at all.

McGee on the other hand...

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Will Carmelo Anthony in his mid 30s be worth 25+ million? Can't say he would. But the Knicks would definitely max him out.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Will Carmelo Anthony in his mid 30s be worth 25+ million? Can't say he would. But the Knicks would definitely max him out.

Probably. And then when they lose... the mindless, subservient man-worshipers who blindly defend Carmelo will blame the coach :hammerhead:

R.I.P.
11-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Yes by the Knicks. I mean they have no other arguments for him to stay. :lol

I

Sarcastic
11-28-2013, 09:48 PM
OP giving half truths and being deceitful as usual.

Amare eating up a max contract and not even being able to get on the court 90% of the time is the reason the Knicks can't get the proper help for the team, not Melo.

Fudge
11-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Why's this fool SO obsessed with talking about Melo doe? :oldlol: You don't like him, we get it we get it. He has his chucker moments, we get it we get it.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Why's this fool SO obsessed with talking about Melo doe? :oldlol: You don't like him, we get it we get it. He has his chucker moments, we get it we get it.
He just seems to hate all volume scorers.

Fudge
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM
He just seems to hate all volume scorers.
As do all LeBran stans. They all come from the same scum from under the toilet seat. They all hate and love the same shit. :oldlol:

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM

It's just that Kobe and Melo are two of the last remaining relics from the overrated "And 1" style era where flash and degree-of-difficulty are assigned a higher value for some reason.

We are now in the era where the best players are looking at the broader picture of how to improve and make their team better. They're looking to maximize efficiency so they can be the most effective player they can.

Which is why Lebron, Durant, and Paul are better players than Kobe and Melo ever were. But of course Kobe and Melo still have a lot of holdover support for their style of play from the stubborn (and the homers) on this board.

I just find the dichotomy fascinating.

:hammertime:

Fudge
11-28-2013, 10:02 PM
It's just that Kobe and Melo are two of the last remaining relics from the overrated "And 1" style era where flash and degree-of-difficulty are assigned a higher value for some reason.

We are now in the era where the best players are looking at the broader picture of how to improve and make their team better. They're looking to maximize efficiency so they can be the most effective player they can.

Which is why Lebron, Durant, and Paul are better players than Kobe and Melo ever were. But of course Kobe and Melo still have a lot of holdover support for their style of play from the stubborn (and the homers) on this board.

Fair enough. I was actually wondering why, because every time i logged on here, I always see a Melo, Rose, or Kobe thread from you. I mean, could you limit it to once a week? At least? :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
11-28-2013, 10:12 PM

http://www.hiphopsportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kobe_trophies_web.jpg
Overrated?:facepalm

Chris Paul, the man who flops out of the playoffs early every single year, is better then Kobe now?:facepalm

Sarcastic
11-28-2013, 10:20 PM

Lebron never was efficient until he went to Miami and played with 2 other max contract superstars. Durant in his 1 year that he didn't play with Westbrook, another max contract player, was not an efficient player. Allen Iverson was never an efficient player UNTIL he went to DENVER AND PLAYED WITH CARMELO ANTHONY.

Noticing a trend here? Players that have help tend to be more efficient.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Lebron never was efficient until he went to Miami and played with 2 other max contract superstars. Durant in his 1 year that he didn't play with Westbrook, another max contract player, was not an efficient player. Allen Iverson was never an efficient player UNTIL he went to DENVER AND PLAYED WITH CARMELO ANTHONY.

Noticing a trend here? Players that have help tend to be more efficient.
False.

LeBron 09-10 30 ppg 50.3%fg 60.4%ts - Ts actually went down first year with Miami.

Durant 13-14 playoffs: 31 ppg 57%ts vs mainly the #2 defense in the league.

LeBron>Durant>Melo.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Lebron never was efficient

Compared to Lebron at this very moment, he was LESS efficient. That's because at this stage in his career he's arguably the most efficient player ever.

He was still an efficient player in Cleveland relative to the average "star".

Melo has no excuse. He's just a low IQ player. Sorry bub. I know you love him. But facts are facts.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 10:34 PM
http://www.hiphopsportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kobe_trophies_web.jpg
Overrated?:facepalm

Chris Paul, the man who flops out of the playoffs early every single year, is better then Kobe now?:facepalm

You could give so many other players Kobe's career and they'd still win five titles.

Paul, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd... obviously Lebron, Durant.

In fact I'd argue Paul and Kidd might get the Lakers at least one playoff series win during those three years Kobe was getting a first round knockout as the clear cut best player on the team. Maybe not, the Suns were pretty good back then. But I think they'd have a better shot with a real playmaker. Afterall, the measures show those teams were better when Kobe passed more. For some reason he just refused to do it very often.

It just is what it is. I don't dislike Kobe personally. I'm not from Boston. I'm just separating the facts and the rhetoric. Kobe is not the impact guy the media and Laker fans have made him out to be. He's been elevated practically to the level of "superhero" through cliche and rhetoric.

The fact is if you have one season to win a title, you're better off taking Dirk's prime over Kobe's.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 10:39 PM
You're an idiot. And the irony you mention Dirk when you've bashed the f*ck out of him in the same fashion you have for Kevin Love. :rolleyes:

Sarcastic
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM

Compared to Lebron at this very moment, he was LESS efficient. That's because at this stage in his career he's arguably the most efficient player ever.

He was still an efficient player in Cleveland relative to the average "star".

Melo has no excuse. He's just a low IQ player. Sorry bub. I know you love him. But facts are facts.

No response to what I said about Amar'e? Figured as much.

It's A VC3!!!
11-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Any player that can put up 25 points per game is going to almost always get the max. He's just an awful player in terms of not being able to co-exist with any other star. The Bobcats and Knicks will be the top two teams that go after him.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 11:54 PM
No response to what I said about Amar'e? Figured as much.

Amare is simply another player who has hamstrung them with his contract. Just because Amare is doing it doesn't mean Melo isn't as well. :facepalm

Darius
11-29-2013, 03:23 AM
He'll get the max.

Overall, however, I think GMs are smartening up as well as realizing how harsh this new salary cap structure is.

I don't think the Rudy Gays of the world will be getting maxed out anymore in a couple years.

Patrick Chewing
11-29-2013, 04:34 AM

You ask who?? Jesus, man. You can sign 3 or 4 guys that play TEAM ball who can help this team win. If you want superstars, you could go after Lebron, Westbrook, Durant when their contracts are up. As Knicks fan, we've seen what Carmelo has done, and signing him to a max deal will result in only more or the same and he'll be older and slower.

niko
11-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Any player that can put up 25 points per game is going to almost always get the max. He's just an awful player in terms of not being able to co-exist with any other star. The Bobcats and Knicks will be the top two teams that go after him.
You are paying max to Deron and JJ. You're going to throw sick money at Blatche after the year. Your whole team is overpaid. Are you kidding taking shots?

The Nets will give huge money to any player who asks nicely.

TheMarkMadsen
11-29-2013, 04:58 PM
He'll get the max.

Overall, however, I think GMs are smartening up as well as realizing how harsh this new salary cap structure is.

I don't think the Rudy Gays of the world will be getting maxed out anymore in a couple years.

Yeah not at all. Ask Kyle Korver. Ask Omar Asik. As the near max Jeremy Lin or Derrick Favors

SilkkTheShocker
11-29-2013, 05:05 PM
This is a pretty stupid question. Im far from a fan, but when you have guys like Nic Batum getting max deals. Than it's pretty obvious Melo will get max money.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 05:06 PM
This is a pretty stupid question. Im far from a fan, but when you have guys like Nic Batum getting max deals. Than it's pretty obvious Melo will get max money.
The type of max Melo will get is not the same as the type Batum got. Batum is gonna make like 12 per Melo would be like 25 ish.