PDA

View Full Version : Sad state when Miami vs Indiana is looking like a conference finals lock..

All Net
11-27-2013, 01:16 AM
While in the west there are a good 4-5 teams you could say yeah I can see them in the WCF.

Question is can will both these teams push hard on the bad teams to get HCA?

moe94
11-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Spurs/Thunder, barring injuries is a lock.

All Net
11-27-2013, 01:20 AM

No it isn't.

It's maybe most likely in terms of Spurs but OKC are not close to being a lock.

Jameerthefear
11-27-2013, 01:21 AM
has an affect on the finals imo. since round 1 and 2 for indy and mia is such a cakewalk for both teams.

russwest0
11-27-2013, 01:22 AM
No it isn't.

It's maybe most likely in terms of Spurs but OKC are not close to being a lock.

If Spurs are a lock then OKC is as well, OKC looks better than ever right now.

moe94
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
has an affect on the finals imo. since round 1 and 2 for indy and mia is such a cakewalk for both teams.

Like 07 Mavs? Like the Spurs in 2011?

Lebron23
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM

LA Clippers would beat them in a best of 7 series.

All Net
11-27-2013, 01:25 AM

They certainly didn't against the Clippers or GS. OKC are obviously one of the top contenders but have major question marks about their role players in the playoffs. Ibaka if he keeps playing like this? sure but he has folded in the playoffs the past two years...

RoundMoundOfReb
11-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Not big on OKC this year.

russwest0
11-27-2013, 01:26 AM
LA Clippers would beat them in a best of 7 series.

Huh? In the first half before Ibaka got ejected OKC was dominating the Clippers and controlling the whole game, same story the second matchup.

Clippers don't have any lineup that presents any matchup problems for OKC

poido123
11-27-2013, 01:27 AM
It is what it is.

Should be a great series though. Heat and Pacers will be able to throw everything at each other and still have enough going into the finals. Rounds 1 and 2 will make it easy for them.

russwest0
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
They certainly didn't against the Clippers or GS. OKC are obviously one of the top contenders but have major question marks about their role players in the playoffs. Ibaka if he keeps playing like this? sure but he has folded in the playoffs the past two years...

If they have Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook healthy they are absolutely making it to the WCF.

moe94
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
I want Clippers/Thunder to get matched up before the conference finals. I just want to see Ibaka lay out that idiot Barnes. Ibaka is too smart to fully chimp out, though. Or soft, however you want to view it.

All Net
11-27-2013, 01:29 AM
It is what it is.

Should be a great series though. Heat and Pacers will be able to throw everything at each other and still have enough going into the finals. Rounds 1 and 2 will make it easy for them.

Yeah more this year than before while the older Spurs if they make it through will be very battle tested.

Who knows maybe HCA could be bigger in heat/pacers than people think.

longtime lurker
11-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Well that's what happens when you stack all the talent on one team :confusedshrug:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-27-2013, 01:33 AM
The West is clearly deeper and overall more talented.

But 4-5? Eh. Spurs and OKC, for sure.

I'm not as sold on the Clippers as I was in the preseason. They are too reliant on CP3 to be special every night. Like Dudley. Like Redick. Don't like them together. Deng would be the perfect 3 for them if they could somehow land him; or a player like him.

I'm going to wait on Portland. Get back to me after the allstar break.

Maybe Golden State if they can all be healthy at the same time. Not a fan of Speights and Douglas, tho. Barnes, JO, and Green should be more than good enough. But what about on the perimeter? I think they are a Barnes maturation or good bench guard away.

Houston? Nah.

So that's SAS, OKC, and GSW for me. MAYBE the Blazers.

russwest0
11-27-2013, 01:33 AM
I want Clippers/Thunder to get matched up before the conference finals. I just want to see Ibaka lay out that idiot Barnes. Ibaka is too smart to fully chimp out, though. Or soft, however you want to view it.

I'd like to see him smack Griffin around. I think after responding to the shove though he's finally learned his lesson, to just ignore it.

OKC would shit on the Clips. Sadly the Clippers may not even make it to the second round for us to get to see that.

Lebron23
11-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Well that's what happens when you stack all the talent on one team :confusedshrug:

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/basketball_news/2012/11/lakers__nash__kobe__howard__gasol_gutted_N2.jpg

Just like the 2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers. Miami have a great team chemistry in the NBA, and they have the best player in the League.

coin24
11-27-2013, 01:39 AM
East is obviously pacers and heat.

West I can see any of the current top 6-8 making a run at the wcf. It's too early to call and it's already tight. West playoffs will be very interesting to watch this season:applause:

East? Not so much :oldlol:

gts
11-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Clippers are going to have to pick up the defense if they want to make any noise in the playoffs... looking like the favorites are OKC and Spurs Pacers Heat...

There might be a dark horse out of the west but that will play out over the rest of the season.. still a ton of bball to be played, things change

russwest0
11-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Clippers are going to have to pick up the defense if they want to make any noise in the playoffs... looking like the favorites are OKC and Spurs Pacers Heat...

There might be a dark horse out of the west but that will play out over the rest of the season.. still a ton of bball to be played, things change

Exactly, they are like the 28th ranked defense in the league...

Right now CP3 isn't aggressive enough when they play top teams. These easy transition baskets, alley oops, open jumpers, etc, aren't gonna come as often in the playoffs and they'll need CP3 to be a lot more aggressive than he currently is being.

Clippers very well could end up facing like Houston or Golden State in the first round. Thats a first round exit for them.

All Net
11-27-2013, 01:52 AM
The West is clearly deeper and overall more talented.

But 4-5? Eh. Spurs and OKC, for sure.

I'm not as sold on the Clippers as I was in the preseason. They are too reliant on CP3 to be special every night. Like Dudley. Like Redick. Don't like them together. Deng would be the perfect 3 for them if they could somehow land him; or a player like him.

I'm going to wait on Portland. Get back to me after the allstar break.

Maybe Golden State if they can all be healthy at the same time. Not a fan of Speights and Douglas, tho. Barnes, JO, and Green should be more than good enough. But what about on the perimeter? I think they are a Barnes maturation or good bench guard away.

Houston? Nah.

So that's SAS, OKC, and GSW for me. MAYBE the Blazers.

Blazers certainly look like a better team to Warriors to me.

poido123
11-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Blazers certainly look like a better team to Warriors to me.

Blazers are playing good basketball, but Warriors will be the team that shows up in the finals.

Teams play differently in the reg season, some step up in the playoffs, some play to the same level they did in the reg season and some just fizzle out...

The teams I expect to be battling out the West are;

Spurs
Warriors
OKC
Clippers

Houston to me are a reg season team. Lots of run and gun ball, but will struggle once the game slows down and the ball ends up in Howard's hands too much. Harden will get exposed on defense like he has been his whole career.

ProfessorMurder
11-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Blazers are playing good basketball, but Warriors will be the team that shows up in the finals.

Big talk for a jumpshooting team with injury prone players.

moe94
11-27-2013, 02:04 AM
Big talk for a jumpshooting team with injury prone players.
:bowdown:

Fresh Kid
11-27-2013, 02:11 AM
its not a lock, cuz of tha knicks:no:

longtime lurker
11-27-2013, 02:14 AM
http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/basketball_news/2012/11/lakers__nash__kobe__howard__gasol_gutted_N2.jpg

Just like the 2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers. Miami have a great team chemistry in the NBA, and they have the best player in the League.

Old age, injuries and a pouting little bitch. I'm sure if all these players were in their prime you'd be crying about how it's unfair to the league and poor Lebron

comerb
11-27-2013, 02:22 AM

No they're not, they're offense is way to reliant on two guys. One of them has even a mediocre series and they'll lose against a decent eam. That's no way to win in the playoffs.

All Net
11-27-2013, 02:33 AM

Teams play differently in the reg season, some step up in the playoffs, some play to the same level they did in the reg season and some just fizzle out...

The teams I expect to be battling out the West are;

Spurs
Warriors
OKC
Clippers

Houston to me are a reg season team. Lots of run and gun ball, but will struggle once the game slows down and the ball ends up in Howard's hands too much. Harden will get exposed on defense like he has been his whole career.

Both are jump shooting teams but blazers do it better right now and have a better post option.they defend better..will see if they keep it up

russwest0
11-27-2013, 02:33 AM
No they're not, they're offense is way to reliant on two guys. One of them has even a mediocre series and they'll lose against a decent eam. That's no way to win in the playoffs.

Not the case at all so far this season, one of their most productive units has been when Brooks rolls full on with the 2nd unit at the start of the 2nd quarter.

One of the best 2nd units in the league

Reggie Jackson
Derek Fisher
Jeremy Lamb
Nick Collison
Steven Adams

Droid101
11-27-2013, 02:37 AM
Old age, injuries and a pouting little bitch. I'm sure if all these players were in their prime you'd be crying about how it's unfair to the league and poor Lebron
ATTENTION!

STOP QUOTING TROLL POSTS!

REPEAT!

STOP QUOTING TROLL POSTS!

This has been a public service announcement.

Unstoppabull
11-27-2013, 02:39 AM
But the thing is, the Spurs and Thunder are no guarantee as locks unlike Miami and Indiana.

InspiredLebowski
11-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Cool with me!

Wavves
11-27-2013, 03:01 AM
I hope to god that it is a lock and we see it happen. We got a fantastic series last season and my god do I want to see a rematch!

NumberSix
11-27-2013, 03:46 AM
Miami and Indy are the 2 best teams in the NBA. Why wouldn't they be a lock?

TheMilkyBarKid
11-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Ill go as far to say barring injuries a heat vs pacers ecf will be the best series this season.

moe94
11-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Ill go as far to say barring injuries a heat vs pacers ecf will be the best series this season.

What an absolutely bold prediction.

BlazerRed
11-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Not by a long shot. Sure, they may be better teams than the others, but not by much, and at least the GSW and the Clippers (assuming healthy) have a chance at an upset.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-27-2013, 04:18 AM
What an absolutely bold prediction.
What can I say, I got balls like a set of grapefruits

Phantom_Blue
11-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Well on the plus side, its going to make rooting for the underdogs that face each team that much more fun. Although it's hard to root against Indiana and their homegrown built, hardworking team.

There has to be at least one more team in the east to rise out of the ashes and make some waves, either through trade or just finally getting their ish together.

I'm also not counting out Chicago and Thibs' ability to make something out of nothing, even with that crap roster they have right now. I expect another 2nd round for them, putting up a fight and getting at least 1 game from Indy or Miami.

I<3NBA
11-27-2013, 10:58 AM
old age = Nash and Pau
injuries = Dwight
pouting little bitch = has to be Kobe. he's the only pouter in that group.

on topic

why would it be a sad state when the 2 best teams in the NBA meet? woudn't that mean we'd get to see a great ECF? would you rather Miami meet shitty Chicago and then proceed to a cakewalk? wasn't last year already a great series?

also, doesn't matter which between Miami or Indiana wins. either of them will beat any comers from the West.

CelticBaller
11-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Just wishing this year went by faster

Dresta
11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Spurs have a cakewalk to the finals though :confusedshrug:

All Net
11-27-2013, 12:11 PM
old age = Nash and Pau
injuries = Dwight
pouting little bitch = has to be Kobe. he's the only pouter in that group.

on topic

why would it be a sad state when the 2 best teams in the NBA meet? woudn't that mean we'd get to see a great ECF? would you rather Miami meet shitty Chicago and then proceed to a cakewalk? wasn't last year already a great series?

also, doesn't matter which between Miami or Indiana wins. either of them will beat any comers from the West.

It will be a great matchup but it's sad for the conference we know who the two teams are that will be there. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the West champion either. Spurs are still as good as they were last year.

Greg Oden 50
11-27-2013, 12:52 PM
eastern conference is weak :facepalm :facepalm

kurple
11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
lol, OKC did not look impressive playing a pretty bad nuggets team.

nuggets should have won by 10+ IN OKC

crunk-juice
11-27-2013, 03:10 PM
yall so irate

brb watchin the Pacers play the Bobcats tonight, I'll be smokin a cigar and laughin

Lebron23
11-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I blame injuries (Rose), terrible coaching (kidd and woodson), and aging and injury prone superstars (knicks and nets)

crunk-juice
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
http://glossi-media-us-west.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/media/648f13ce4fdf44ed939fe015366a67b6n8AdEb.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif

ChuckOakley
11-27-2013, 03:21 PM
They'd be a near lock in the West too.
Why is this sad?

The East is the favorite to win it all again this year..

SamuraiSWISH
11-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Why is that sad? They're the two best teams currently in the NBA. I like consistency, and dynasties. When they finally get dethroned it makes things way more interesting. I don't understand what's sad about:

Miami Heat, back to back champs, coming off 3 Finals appearances, featuring a 4x MVP in their lead as being a lock to be seen in the ECF?

Or the Indiana Pacers. Who was there last year, is full of youthful, athletic talent, and had improved even more since last season.

Why is it sad that what is pretty obvious thus far the two best teams in the league, playing in the same conference, to be locks to be seen in the ECF?

I want to see these two have another grueling, entertaining, feud like seven game series.

What's sad is no one can be counted on in the Western Conference. It's a bunch of pretty good teams, no great ones, or slim amount of accomplished ones. They will have teams who dominate the regular season, and then routinely underwhelm in the playoffs (Spurs)

Mr. Incredible
11-27-2013, 04:45 PM
It was going to happen regardless.

outbreak
11-27-2013, 05:05 PM
this season will be poor in the west too, with Gasol out and memphis struggling even when he was in there's really only 3 teams that have a legit shot at winning the west, OKC, spurs and GSW. Poor year for basketball with everyone tanking and so many injuries.

Even regular season has had it's boring days already, most seasons pretty much every day has a least one decent match up- this year we're getting multiple days of tanking teams or teams with injuries

All Net
11-27-2013, 05:34 PM
this season will be poor in the west too, with Gasol out and memphis struggling even when he was in there's really only 3 teams that have a legit shot at winning the west, OKC, spurs and GSW. Poor year for basketball with everyone tanking and so many injuries.

Even regular season has had it's boring days already, most seasons pretty much every day has a least one decent match up- this year we're getting multiple days of tanking teams or teams with injuries

Do GS deserve to be labelled with the Spurs and OKC? I think Warriors along with Clippers, Blazers deserve to be labelled on par with each other,.

Purch
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I still get that pretender feel from a lot of the teams in the west outside of San an and okc