PDA

View Full Version : it's too bad Cavs sucked at drafting this past couple of years

GovernmentMan
11-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Kyrie was the only good pick

Seriously, why wouldn't they have gotten #1 pick last year instead?

No way in hell Lebron would consider going back there now. :milton

moe94
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Anyone deluded enough to think he'd ever go back deserves a smack of reality.

NumberSix
11-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Anthony Bennett might be an epic bust past Kwame Brown levels. Say what you want about Kwame, at least he was always solid defensively.

moe94
11-16-2013, 07:25 PM
The entire draft is pure busts. Worst draft ever.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-16-2013, 07:29 PM
TT was a good pick too

Pra
11-16-2013, 07:37 PM
TT was a good pick too

This!

senelcoolidge
11-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Anthony Bennett might be an epic bust past Kwame Brown levels. Say what you want about Kwame, at least he was always solid defensively.

LaRue Martin #1 pick 1972. Only lasted 5 seasons and averaged 5.3ppg 4.6rpg is considered the biggest or one of the biggest busts as a top pick. Bennett is going head to head with LaRue for that all time spot.

Shade8780
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
TT was a good pick too
They took him over Valanciunas though :facepalm

I<3NBA
11-16-2013, 08:38 PM
why can't people understand that unless you're picking the next Lebron, it's not about drafting, it's about player development? that's why San Antonio consistently produces late draft picks that turn out to be good. they don't have a crystal ball. they're just that good at training players to become good players.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-16-2013, 08:42 PM
They took him over Valanciunas though :facepalm
True but can't really fault them on picking TT, a starting caliber double-double player. Interestingly they've been in position to take a highly touted center prospect for 3 straight years and passed every time (val, drummond, Noel). I thought they should've picked Noel this year.

mugiwara
11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
why can't people understand that unless you're picking the next Lebron, it's not about drafting, it's about player development? that's why San Antonio consistently produces late draft picks that turn out to be good. they don't have a crystal ball. they're just that good at training players to become good players.

yup, its all about the team culture. Have some rep.

I<3NBA
11-17-2013, 09:21 PM
yup, its all about the team culture. Have some rep.
thanks. but it's more than just team culture really. it's more about the training program.

IMO, any kid good enough to be entered in the draft has the tools necessary to succeed in the NBA. now, it's on the coaches and staff to teach him everything he needs in order to succeed. you can't do that with a lousy development program.

outbreak
11-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Anyone deluded enough to think he'd ever go back deserves a smack of reality.

I don't think he will go back myself but you do realise he has said that he wants to go back to Cleveland numerous times in the media? Talked about planning on doing things the right way and that he still owes them a championship.

I don't see it happening but it isn't as out there as some people make it out to be

roffie
11-18-2013, 12:06 AM
dion waiters blows

CelticBaller
11-18-2013, 12:31 AM
They Passed on Drummond, Barnes, shit trading down to pick Porter would've helped them stack up their roster :facepalm

Eric Cartman
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
They Passed on Drummond, Barnes, shit trading down to pick Porter would've helped them stack up their roster :facepalm

flat picking porter realistic and still good long hall

Random_Guy
11-18-2013, 01:35 AM
lol at people saying its all about training. Of course you pick on potential, but if that is the case, how do you pass on guys like Drummond and Noel who are extreme potential beasts?
No I'm not saying that training is useless, I do very much respect the Spurs organization and think they are the best at developing players(in fact Spurs would be the team that I hope drafted me if I was a bball player lol).

But comon Bennet??

bdreason
11-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Not impressed with Waiters or Bennett so far. Projecting how prospects will play at the NBA level can't be easy though.

I was shocked how many teams passed on Drummond though, including my Warriors. I've been happy with Barnes development... but make no mistake, I wanted Drummond.

I<3NBA
11-18-2013, 03:07 AM
lol at people saying its all about training. Of course you pick on potential, but if that is the case, how do you pass on guys like Drummond and Noel who are extreme potential beasts?
No I'm not saying that training is useless, I do very much respect the Spurs organization and think they are the best at developing players(in fact Spurs would be the team that I hope drafted me if I was a bball player lol).

But comon Bennet??
extreme potential beasts will turn out as busts if they can't be developed. the only time drafting position matters is if there's a transcendental player like Lebron on the board.

Random_Guy
11-18-2013, 04:56 AM
extreme potential beasts will turn out as busts if they can't be developed. the only time drafting position matters is if there's a transcendental player like Lebron on the board.
I agree, what I mean by taking Noel and Drummond as examples is that they at least have huge potential. But the Bennet pick hasn/t shown potential nor skill, so it makes no sense at all.
The Early Wade comparisons must be making Cleveland fans :facepalm he has more resemblance to eddy curry :oldlol:

JtotheIzzo
11-18-2013, 05:04 AM
Lets not cast aspersions after the first few games.

The Cavs have benched him the last few games, this will continue for a few more (I hope) and then he should return and be at worst a solid rotation guy for the rest of the season.

He will be a very good pro, people need to chill on the damning commentary at this point.

He will have a better career than Noel (I don't see him playing a full season ever), Otto Porter (already peaked and has injury issues of his own), and outside of Oladipo everyone else is kind of ho-hum.

There will be a breakout game and that will lead to consistent contribution.

Eric Cartman
11-18-2013, 05:08 AM
He will have a better career than Noel (I don't see him playing a full season ever)

Based on what?

PleezeBelieve
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Yea that Oladipo is a real stud. 11 ppg on 11 shots a game plus 4 TOs in 25 a night really screams future all-star.