PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with the Nets?

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 10:59 PM
2-4 now. I haven't watched them other than when they played us, so I have a small sample size, so what's the holdup? They have lost to some bad teams too.

ProfessorMurder
11-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams

They look better with Livingston out there in my opinion.

kamil
11-09-2013, 11:00 PM
All that matters is that they beat Miami.

Rik Smits' Hair
11-09-2013, 11:01 PM
They don't play as a team.

Knicksfever2010
11-09-2013, 11:03 PM
2-4 now. I haven't watched them other than when they played us, so I have a small sample size, so what's the holdup? They have lost to some bad teams too.

Everyone was shooting their load when the Nets brought in 3 big pieces that the Knicks EMBARRASSED last year in the playoffs.

It's A VC3!!!
11-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Deron Williams, Kevin Garnett and Andray Blatche have single handedly lost us three games. The Nets have been one less stupid turnover, one more made shot and one more defensive stop from being 5-1. They can't close games out, which is absurd given the talent we have. We are 1-3 in games decided by five points or less. Each of them ending in a tragic way via turnovers.

D12"Magic"
11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Growing pains, the good thing is Pacers are the only team in the East right now that doing good consistently. Every one else has at least 3 losses

The JKidd Kid
11-09-2013, 11:24 PM
There's nothing "wrong". The players are adjusting to playing with each other and are recovering from injuries and getting back into rhythm. They lost to the best team in the league right now in a game that they were in till the end, relax.

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 11:26 PM
There's nothing "wrong". The players are adjusting to playing with each other and are recovering from injuries and getting back into rhythm. They lost to the best team in the league right now in a game that they were in till the end, relax.
i'm not worried, just curious.

It's A VC3!!!
11-09-2013, 11:31 PM
We started out 11-4 last season with brand new players as well. We can cut the "adjusting crap" Each of our losses have been to reckless turnovers and sloppy possessions. We can't keep choking "the new team" excuse to freaking death any longer. We're at the bottom of the east right now and our third quarter woes have not been fixed WHATSOEVER despite being six games in with HoF players and veterans on our rosters. At this point Mikhail needs to take every Nets starters third quarter salary and donate it to charity, because third quarters being abysmal are beyond infuriating.

The JKidd Kid
11-09-2013, 11:42 PM
We started out 11-4 last season with brand new players as well. We can cut the "adjusting crap" Each of our losses have been to reckless turnovers and sloppy possessions. We can't keep choking "the new team" excuse to freaking death any longer. We're at the bottom of the east right now and our third quarter woes have not been fixed WHATSOEVER despite being six games in with HoF players and veterans on our rosters. At this point Mikhail needs to take every Nets starters third quarter salary and donate it to charity, because third quarters being abysmal are beyond infuriating.

You said it yourself, sloppy posessions, the kind of thing that gets fixed as the team gets used to each other. Last seasons record is irrelevant and it's not a new team, it's the players getting used to each other. You react like this after every game. I'm honestly worried about your health man you should really calm down :\

Purch
11-10-2013, 12:25 AM
They have a team built to win now... yet they hired a rookie Hc

Ballin095
11-10-2013, 12:29 AM
They have a team built to win now... yet they hired a rookie Hc

Lol I know. The biggest mystery that I have with this team and its management.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:15 AM
D.Will is the biggest offender of the under performers
Though KG hasn't hit anything, Blatche has been frustrating, AK dealing with injuries and PP sick for two games.

Overall, I like the offense, but either guys are not hitting their shots or turning it over. Its too new to them. Defensively, I've seen glimpses of what they can especially with the defense and shot blocking of AK, KG, Lopez and Plumlee but their perimeter defense, once again has size but no speed. D.Will again is a major offender here.

Best thing they can do is try to get a good return on him in trade.
I would make pretty much everyone but Lopez, PP, KG, AK, Livingston, Plumlee, Anderson, Terry and JJ because of his insane contract. D.Will, Teletovic, Evans, Taylor, Toko should all be shopped. Blatche has veto power as does KG.

konex
11-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Deron needs to start playing like he's the best player on that team

bagelred
11-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Growing pains, the good thing is Pacers are the only team in the East right now that doing good consistently. Every one else has at least 3 losses

http://i41.tinypic.com/16912ci.png

:biggums:

bdreason
11-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Kidd is one of my favorite players of all-time... but who hires a rookie coach to lead a veteran team in a win-now situation?

kamil
11-10-2013, 02:43 AM
Kidd is one of my favorite players of all-time... but who hires a rookie coach to lead a veteran team in a win-now situation?

Jay-Z?

MVBallin2K
11-10-2013, 02:55 AM
It's pretty much like the Lakers last year. All the talent in the world (deeper in ways) but co-existing is tough and with a rookie coach, even tougher. Not saying they can't put it together eventually so don't take it as a huge insult but ti takes time for talent to gel. Unfortunately, this team has such high expectations that they're going to be put on a pedastal right off the bat.

coin24
11-10-2013, 02:57 AM
The Knicks destroyed half the roster in last years playoffs. I repeat, the Knicks..
This team is built to fail.

All hopes lie with the pacers, ecf champions:lol

Eric Cartman
11-10-2013, 03:41 AM
KG missed easy shots especially in crunch time. Needs to step the **** up.

Im so nba'd out
11-10-2013, 06:08 AM
We all know they going to the playoffs so...............

All Net
11-10-2013, 06:26 AM
They were always going to start off slow.. Never thought they would start of hot.

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 08:23 AM
They were always going to start off slow.. Never thought they would start of hot.
I know but the problem is that they are losing in crunch time courtesy of turnovers and missed shots, always by Kevin. We could very easily be 5-1 had we closed out games like veteran teams are supposed to. That's the frustrating part. Kevin needs to be banned from shooting in the last two minutes of the game and Deron needs to be on the bench during that span as well. We would've probably won one or two more games had we taken that approach.

eurobum
11-10-2013, 08:27 AM
They're old as f*ck. No one except this guys (see below) actually believe(d) they will contend. Didn't he say they were two tiers above elite non-Heat teams?

Deron Williams, Kevin Garnett and Andray Blatche have single handedly lost us three games. The Nets have been one less stupid turnover, one more made shot and one more defensive stop from being 5-1. They can't close games out, which is absurd given the talent we have. We are 1-3 in games decided by five points or less. Each of them ending in a tragic way via turnovers.

alenleomessi
11-10-2013, 09:01 AM
i think someone young and athletic like jeff green would do wonders for that team..

niko
11-10-2013, 10:00 AM
The expected things, it's early, a million new players and a new coach, things that will work itself out. The horrid execution in crunch time that you'd think would also improve (or at least even out). Things that are problems now but will go away. The rotation is also awful, too many people in it and too much mixing and matching. This will also work itself out.

The real things I see are
1) The team is older and some players are either underperforming due to age (Garnett) or out (AK47 and his back is hardly new). These are things I heard for some reason will not affect the somehow unaffected by age Nets. Clearly they are. Because everyone is. How much will be seen.
2) Something is going on with Deron. Either this is really him, or he's just having trouble fitting in. But I can't just say it will pass, because he's been down a lot in his net career. And they hired his buddy as Net coach, so I'm not sure how much he will get pushed.

Duderonomy
11-10-2013, 11:30 AM
We will get it together. The younger teams are giving us problems (Cavs,Magic) but experience matters most in the post season.15 games from now things will be more clear in the standings.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 11:53 AM
The Knicks destroyed half the roster in last years playoffs. I repeat, the Knicks..
This team is built to fail.

All hopes lie with the pacers, ecf champions:lol
1/2 the roster?
You mean 3 players that lost 4-2 to the Knicks without their starting PG?

The other "1/2" D.Will, JJ, Lopez went 2-2 against NY.

The Knicks are the least of the Nets worries.
They will still finish higher than NY.. and everyone else not named Indy, Chicago or Miami.

STATUTORY
11-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Deron needs to start playing like he's the best player on that team

you are asking him to do something he's incapable of doing. Never seen a bigger system product and system manufcatured superstar than deron

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 12:02 PM
The expected things, it's early, a million new players and a new coach, things that will work itself out. The horrid execution in crunch time that you'd think would also improve (or at least even out). Things that are problems now but will go away. The rotation is also awful, too many people in it and too much mixing and matching. This will also work itself out.

The real things I see are
1) The team is older and some players are either underperforming due to age (Garnett) or out (AK47 and his back is hardly new). These are things I heard for some reason will not affect the somehow unaffected by age Nets. Clearly they are. Because everyone is. How much will be seen.
2) Something is going on with Deron. Either this is really him, or he's just having trouble fitting in. But I can't just say it will pass, because he's been down a lot in his net career. And they hired his buddy as Net coach, so I'm not sure how much he will get pushed.

Where do people get the idea that DWill isnt fitting in? He played poorly for the first couple of games, but thats acceptable because of his minute limit and getting the rust off since he didnt have a preseason. Last night he was clearly the best player on the floor and was the only reason the Nets were in the game. When you think about it, the only PG that would be better in a ball movement offense, where everyone gets touches, than DWill is maybe Curry and even then you would have to think about it. You misunderstood what I was trying to say the other day, I was saying that the Nets werent using DWill to the best of his abilities because of the kinds of picks the Nets were setting in the pick and roll. Last night wasnt the same, the Nets bigs actually set real picks last night and look what happened, he put up 17 and 10.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Where do people get the idea that DWill isnt fitting in? He played poorly for the first couple of games, but thats acceptable because of his minute limit and getting the rust off since he didnt have a preseason. Last night he was clearly the best player on the floor and was the only reason the Nets were in the game. When you think about it, the only PG that would be better in a ball movement offense, where everyone gets touches, than DWill is maybe Curry and even then you would have to think about it. You misunderstood what I was trying to say the other day, I was saying that the Nets werent using DWill to the best of his abilities because of the kinds of picks the Nets were setting in the pick and roll. Last night wasnt the same, the Nets bigs actually set real picks last night and look what happened, he put up 17 and 10.
He still had the 3rd worst +/- of the entire team at -8.
Livingston + 3 in the 15 minutes D.Will was out.

But yes, he was the best player last night (as well he should be for what he is paid), finally 6 games in.

Bandito
11-10-2013, 12:37 PM
It's called Chemistry. I know people are not used to that word but the Nets is not a team build around one player but it is a team that could compliment perfectly but needs time to do so.

I never played organized basketball but I have played a lot of 5 on 5 on the street and I know for a fact that if you don't know the other 4 it is going to be hard to play.

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
He still had the 3rd worst +/- of the entire team at -8.
Livingston + 3 in the 15 minutes D.Will was out.

But yes, he was the best player last night (as well he should be for what he is paid), finally 6 games in.

Im sorry that the 1st 4 games of the season he was on a minute limit and was actually averaging 11 assists per 36. Im sorry that it took him some time to get his rust off and his conditioning together after not playing during preseason. Who knew that these sort of things can happen!

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Im sorry that the 1st 4 games of the season he was on a minute limit and was actually averaging 11 assists per 36. Im sorry that it took him some time to get his rust off and his conditioning together after not playing during preseason. Who knew that these sort of things can happen!
I did.. because it happens every year with him.. but normally it last most the season.
Ok.. that was the last reply.
You can have your last word now, but I'm done.

salwan
11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
they need time to figure it out. its still to early in the season.

and although I consider Deron to be a chronic choker and underachiever when it matters, he was injured, so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Fudge
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
You said it yourself, sloppy posessions, the kind of thing that gets fixed as the team gets used to each other. Last seasons record is irrelevant and it's not a new team, it's the players getting used to each other. You react like this after every game. I'm honestly worried about your health man you should really calm down :\
LMAO

:roll:

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 01:06 PM
It's called Chemistry. I know people are not used to that word but the Nets is not a team build around one player but it is a team that could compliment perfectly but needs time to do so.

I never played organized basketball but I have played a lot of 5 on 5 on the street and I know for a fact that if you don't know the other 4 it is going to be hard to play.
The Nets were a brand new team last year as well, even more unfamiliar than this years group. Yet then started the season 11-4. Chemistry or no chemistry. When in your first six games you manage to lose to the Cavs, Magic and Wizards, there is a deep cause for concern. Panic? No, but a deep cause for concern.

Fudge
11-10-2013, 01:09 PM
^ Miami lost to those same teams last year doe

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 01:15 PM
The Heat are different. I don't like when people use the Heat as a tool to compare their teams success or failures to. The Heat have a switch and right now they have coasted through the regular season due to being back-to-back champions. Once the playoffs roll around the switch is going to be on and teams are going to beg for mercy. The Net haven't established an identity so they can't afford to lose to these teams like the heat are.

Fudge
11-10-2013, 01:17 PM
But liek, look at it this way...

Miami lost to the Cavs, Wizards, Celtics last year
Brooklyn lost to the Cavs, Wizards, Celtics this year
Brooklyn beat Miami so far this year

BROOKLYN > MIAMI

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Indy started 2-4 last season too.

But there are disturbing trends.
KG can't make a jumper or finish inside.
AK is missing time already
D.will starting slow..again
Our perimeter D has been terrible
Our rebounding went from elite to below average
Kidd looks lost and lethargic
Lack of chemistry

The positives
We can only get better
Lopez's efficiency on offense and improved interior D
Pierce still has it, most nights
JJ hitting his shots
Livingston is a stud
A.Anderson has been pretty good
Plumlee getting Evans minutes

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Indy started 2-4 last season too.

But there are disturbing trends.
KG can't make a jumper or finish inside.
AK is missing time already
D.will starting slow..again
Our perimeter D has been terrible
Our rebounding went from elite to below average
Kidd looks lost and lethargic
Lack of chemistry

The positives
We can only get better
Lopez's efficiency on offense and improved interior D
Pierce still has it, most nights
JJ hitting his shots
Livingston is a stud
A.Anderson has been pretty good
Plumlee getting Evans minutes
Exactly, was going to say this in a nutshell as well. I agree Fudge with you as well. And our top three problems are the ones that I bolded. If those don't get fixed, those players might as well retire.

tpols
11-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Joe Johnson was the only reason nets were in the game.. When pacers built their first lead in the third he hit like 4 or 5 straight buckets to keep in range.

chazzy
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM
KG doesn't look nearly as good as expected.