PDA

View Full Version : as of this very moment. howard is averaging 13.7ppg over 3.75 games

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 01:36 AM
hes being outscored by jeremy lin this year

he was mad and left LA mostly because A) he wanted a younger team.. and most importantly B) he wanted to be the man/#1 option/ best player/ MVP... not play second fiddle to a high scoring shooting guard in Kobe Bryant

well... right now harden is jacking up threes and bricking them left and right... hes 0-7 today

and after tonight he'l be averaging 13 more ppg than dwight

compare that to dwights status on the lakers getting spoon fed way more easy looks by kobe, nash and gasol

his 2012-13 average was 17ppg on 57%... this year hes dipping to 13ppg on 50%

he's supposed to be healthier than ever though? whats the deal?

the rockets are doing ok as a team asside from this game. but so would the lakers if howard accepted a lesser role and was happy playing the b*tch role like he is now to harden and lin

if he let pau be 2nd option and focused on just rebounding and defense like he is this year. the lakers would have been way better

so how is being the 3rd leading scorer on houston going to help his career? he coulda been the man on LA for the next 10 years. he's happier being hardens kickstand for the next decade rather than being the man and franchise player for the lakers with kobe retiring soon

someone help me understand this guy

:facepalm

Bobcats2013
11-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Dwight's Magic on steroids?

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Dwight's Magic on steroids?

atleast the 2009 magic made the finals

this rockets team isnt going anywhere... harden is like iverson out there.. he chucks even if he's cold. and he doesnt end up shooting his way into the game like kobe can

jstern
11-05-2013, 02:04 AM
I looked at the score and came to insidehoops to see which Kobetard created a thread about Howard.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 02:06 AM
I looked at the score and came to insidehoops to see which Kobetard created a thread about Howard.

this has nothing to do with the score actually

its about howard leaving for a bigger role. and ending up going from 2nd option behind kobe to 3rd option behind jeremy lin

hes basically become a tyson chandler on this houston team

Genaro
11-05-2013, 02:13 AM
I notice this during Jazz x Rockets game. He's not getting the touches he supposedly left for.
And then I brought it up with a rockets fan and he just told me "Well he got 6 balls in the post. Missed 4 shots and commited 2 TO, why would them fed him the ball?"
And I said "This is exactly what I spoke during all last season"

He doesn't get touches because he doesn't have a relieble post game.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2013, 02:18 AM
dwight is the most overrated player of this era bar none and the rockets future looks bright if he sees few touches on offense

oh the horror
11-05-2013, 02:22 AM
I notice this during Jazz x Rockets game. He's not getting the touches he supposedly left for.
And then I brought it up with a rockets fan and he just told me "Well he got 6 balls in the post. Missed 4 shots and commited 2 TO, why would them fed him the ball?"
And I said "This is exactly what I spoke during all last season"

He doesn't get touches because he doesn't have a relieble post game.

And they'll be saying more of that. Dude soley should focus his game around his defense. Nothing more.

inclinerator
11-05-2013, 02:32 AM
jeremy lin is good

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 02:37 AM
so it took 3 teams in 3 years for howard to realise he sucks at offense and accept a backseat role?

why didn't he do this for us last year and let gasol shoot instead. then maybe this team woulda had some chemistry

instead he was a cancer that set our franchise back a decade

thanks

Bobcats2013
11-05-2013, 02:42 AM
jeremy lin is good

He's good if you play him right.

Brokenbeat
11-05-2013, 02:48 AM
so it took 3 teams in 3 years for howard to realise he sucks at offense and accept a backseat role?

why didn't he do this for us last year and let gasol shoot instead. then maybe this team woulda had some chemistry

thanks

Basketball reasons did that. Dwight would've stayed if CP3 was there.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2013, 02:49 AM

thanks

hes always been a limited player, few could see his flaws in the system that revolved perfectly around him in orlando. shaq is the only one that can proudly say he called him a fraud since day 1. his horrendous post game aint as bad as his no-heart play style imo

millwad
11-05-2013, 02:53 AM
A thread made by a clown..

Howard had over 3 games averaged: 15 points (50% shooting) and 17 rebounds per game

Really, are you going to complain about a player who scored 15 per game while grabbing 17 rebounds? This game was bad and he was out of rhythm due to the foul problems in the first.

icewill36
11-05-2013, 02:54 AM
IMO he would score more if they bring asik off the bench instead of trying to appease that cry baby. surround him with 4 shooters and he can get more touches and harder to double team.

millwad
11-05-2013, 02:56 AM
IMO he would score more if they bring asik off the bench instead of trying to appease that cry baby. surround him with 4 shooters and he can get more touches and harder to double team.

Totally agree, want the Rockets to get rid of Asik and trade him for a PF like Ryan Anderson.

strifed169
11-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Just the wrong coach, Mchale is clueless

DuMa
11-05-2013, 02:58 AM
laker fans are still salty about how he left your team? surprise surprise

aj1987
11-05-2013, 02:59 AM

thanks
The games in which Dwight got more than 10 FGA's, the Lakers went 30-9. Dwight averaged 23/14/2/1/3 on excellent efficiency in those games. 12-25 in games in which he got 10 or fewer FGA's (12/12/2 in these games). Kobe should've tried to involve Dwight more. In the Lakers' wins, Kobe averaged 25/6/7 on 48%. He averaged almost 2 assists more in the wins.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 03:12 AM
The games in which Dwight got more than 10 FGA's, the Lakers went 30-9. Dwight averaged 23/14/2/1/3 on excellent efficiency in those games. 12-25 in games in which he got 10 or fewer FGA's (12/12/2 in these games). Kobe should've tried to involve Dwight more. In the Lakers' wins, Kobe averaged 25/6/7 on 48%. He averaged almost 2 assists more in the wins.

the thing about dwight is... he always gets the touches. but they dont always translate into FGA's because the turnovers and foul shots dont register

ofcourse the lakers won when dwight got up more than 10 field goal attempts ... THAT MEANS HE WASNT CLANKING 15 FREE THROWS

... THAT MEANS HE WASNT FUMBLING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS 5 TIMES

its the same concept of the whole "lakers win big when kobe shoots less... "

ya.. kobes entire career he's sat most of the 4th quarter with big leads... and when the lakers are up big. it usually means he doesnt have to take over..

and when a team is playing bad. they look to kobe for the bail outs...

miggyme1
11-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Rockets still have a better future ahead than the lakers as of now so i think howard is happy with that. End thread

coin24
11-05-2013, 03:19 AM
What a surprise, dwight sucks ass..
But derp it's all kobes fault:lol :facepalm

He's a liability on offense, always has been.

Deuce Bigalow
11-05-2013, 03:30 AM
laker fans are still salty about how he left your team? surprise surpriselol at any laker fan being salty over Dwight leaving. I'm not missing him.

TheCorporation
11-05-2013, 03:42 AM
dwight is the most overrated player of this era bar none and the rockets future looks bright if he sees few touches on offense

Multiple Rebounding titles, DPOY awards, and a Finals appearance...I'd say he is pretty good.

secund2nun
11-05-2013, 03:48 AM
In 35 mpg Dwight is averaging 15 ppg 50% fg (10 shots per game) 17 rpg 2 bpg and he is the best defender in the NBA....ELITE. Kobe stans don't have bball IQ so they love inefficient chuckers like Jennings, Rose, Melo, and most of all Kobe. They would rather take 30 points on 29 shots over 17 points on 10 shots.

TheCorporation
11-05-2013, 03:51 AM
D12 has practically been a LOCK for a top 5 spot in Rebounding, FG%, and blocks, every year.

LakersDaBEst
11-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Soon Houston fans will start bitching about it haha

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 04:00 AM
D12 has practically been a LOCK for a top 5 spot in Rebounding, FG%, and blocks, every year.

i think you've failed to see the point of the thread

longtime lurker
11-05-2013, 04:19 AM
How long till Dwight starts complaining about touches and running the offense through the low post?

therammingman
11-05-2013, 04:27 AM
are u referring to dwight coward?

aj1987
11-05-2013, 04:46 AM
the thing about dwight is... he always gets the touches. but they dont always translate into FGA's because the turnovers and foul shots dont register

ofcourse the lakers won when dwight got up more than 10 field goal attempts ... THAT MEANS HE WASNT CLANKING 15 FREE THROWS

... THAT MEANS HE WASNT FUMBLING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS 5 TIMES

its the same concept of the whole "lakers win big when kobe shoots less... "

ya.. kobes entire career he's sat most of the 4th quarter with big leads... and when the lakers are up big. it usually means he doesnt have to take over..

and when a team is playing bad. they look to kobe for the bail outs...
Dwight made about 50% of his FT's when he got over 10 FGA's a game along with ~3.2 TOV's (Lakers - 30-9). The rest of the games, he made around the same % of FT's, but averaged 2.7 TOV's. That 0.5 TOV's fewer. Same FT% and fewer TOV's.

EDIT: I never said the Lakers win when Kobe shoots less. Kobe was playing better as well as there wasn't as much defensive attention on him. He was averaging pretty much what he regularly does, but with more assists and with much better efficiency (slightly more TOV's though).

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 04:55 AM
Dwight made about 50% of his FT's when he got over 10 FGA's a game along with ~3.2 TOV's (Lakers - 30-9). The rest of the games, he made around the same % of FT's, but averaged 2.7 TOV's. That 0.5 TOV's fewer. Same FT% and fewer TOV's.

EDIT: I never said the Lakers win when Kobe shoots less. Kobe was playing better as well as there wasn't as much defensive attention on him. He was averaging pretty much what he regularly does, but with more assists and with much better efficiency (slightly more TOV's though).

in easy wins... no hackahoward ... meaning howard gets more shots

in close games/losses... hackahoward was key to his fga's going down

it was used allot during tight games. any time howard got the ball even 2-3 feet from the net theyed put him on the line and force him to make them. he cost the lakers a ton of games with his crap ft shooting

this is the explination for his fga's being much higher in wins

aj1987
11-05-2013, 05:36 AM
in easy wins... no hackahoward ... meaning howard gets more shots

in close games/losses... hackahoward was key to his fga's going down

it was used allot during tight games. any time howard got the ball even 2-3 feet from the net theyed put him on the line and force him to make them. he cost the lakers a ton of games with his crap ft shooting

this is the explination for his fga's being much higher in wins
How do you explain the fewer FTA's as well (in losses)? Fewer FTA's, fewer FGA's and fewer TOV's in losses...

I<3NBA
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
he's going to pick that up and be back to his double-double self. i can't believe i'm saying this, but Laker fans are now more salty than Cavs fans after having been dumped by their saviors.

this f@ggoty OP is the same f@ggot that slobbered all over Dwight just after that blockbuster trade was made. it was also this same f@ggot that made posts after posts saying championship or bust :lol

brownmamba00
11-05-2013, 08:03 AM
:oldlol:

karma hit him hard after the SVG incident...**** him

CJ Mustard
11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
lol at any laker fan being salty over Dwight leaving. I'm not missing him.
Yet you guys can't stop talking about him...right. Who the **** do you think you're fooling? :oldlol:

fiddy
11-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Yet you guys can't stop talking about him...right. Who the **** do you think you're fooling? :oldlol:
Delusions :roll:

Frozen1
11-05-2013, 09:03 AM
This fraud getting exposed again.

Of course he will get 30 rebounds against teams like bobcats that are missing from everywhere.

But when the other team is hot, there will not be rebounds available, and his team will have to keep up with the score.

But that

coin24
11-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Salty? Nah pretty happy he's gone actually, I was hoping he didn't resign.
The team is much more enjoyable to watch now compared to his turnovers and bricks. Not to mention the games he lost us at the line..

Funny how all the tards blaming dwights downfalls on Kobe are nowhere to be seen:oldlol:
All the criticism dwight got was warranted last season, he still has zero post moves, bricks open looks, holds the ball too low/fumbles it/turnover.. Now it's mchales fault though, bad coach right??:oldlol:

4th option behind Lin parsons and harden. Go dwight!

Yao Ming's Foot
11-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Howard's defense and rebounding stats have nothing to do with his limited offensive game which per early returns this season have actually been less impressive than his efforts last year. :confusedshrug:

But I understand why the usual wish to confuse the issue. It must be frustrating for fabricated Kobe criticism #837643 to tragically fail under the weight of evidence.

SCdac
11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
He's never been an elite scorer to begin with. 2011 seems like his peak. Is his jump shot still broken as ****?

PickernRoller
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
A thread made by a clown..

Howard had over 3 games averaged: 15 points (50% shooting) and 17 rebounds per game

Really, are you going to complain about a player who scored 15 per game while grabbing 17 rebounds? This game was bad and he was out of rhythm due to the foul problems in the first.

Ohh you will get used to that!! -- I can guarantee it :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Brokenbeat
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Howard's defense and rebounding stats have nothing to do with his limited offensive game which per early returns this season have actually been less impressive than his efforts last year. :confusedshrug:

But I understand why the usual wish to confuse the issue. It must be frustrating for fabricated Kobe criticism #837643 to tragically fail under the weight of evidence.

:applause:

scm5
11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Dwight makes D'antoni look like a genius. Pringles called this shit months ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mike-d-antoni-thinks-dwight-howard-going-pretty-195100773.html

Doranku
11-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Why do people think Lakers fans are salty that Dwight left?

We're salty because he was a prima donna, cry baby, heartless b!tch during his Laker tenure and all he contributed to the team was a cancerous attitude.

But ya'll idiots think we're salty because he LEFT? :roll: I couldn't be happier that this idiot is gone. He was a headache to hear about with all his drama, and an even bigger headache to watch as he fumbled the ball 20 times a game.

aj1987
11-05-2013, 04:03 PM

oh the horror
11-05-2013, 04:11 PM
What's funny though, is that it isn't just Laker fans saying this.

I know haters like to generate their normal brand of BS with whatever they can work with. But the reality is, people are taking note of Howard's game in comparison with his attitude.

How long before he begins to take issue with something on houston?

Bodhi
11-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Using 11 FGAs or more as the threshold is such a misleading number. The Lakers went 1-10 in games where Dwight took 9 or 10 FGs. You're really telling me that those two FGAs made that much of a difference?

Droid101
11-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Using 11 FGAs or more as the threshold is such a misleading number. The Lakers went 1-10 in games where Dwight took 9 or 10 FGs. You're really telling me that those two FGAs made that much of a difference?
Plus FGA is a terrible number to base anything on anyway. That doesn't count touches where he passed it back out to re-post. Touches where he had a turnover, got stripped, etc. Touches where he got fouled without a shot going up. Touches where he got fouled and went to the line without a FGA.

Dwight got the ball plenty, he just has no moves so he got stripped every damn time.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2013, 07:08 PM
why post so much stats? eye test never fails. after watching the team 1 whole season i KNOW dwight is a borderline cancer for any team with playoffs hopes. hes a max contract with serious flaws and a lack of heart

tpols
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
It doesnt matter what he shot on the FTs.. it matters how many he took. Did he average significantly more FTs in the games he took fewer than 10 FGAs? Also.. why did the team offense look so terrible in the end of regular season + playoffs then? When Dwight had full control to do whatever he wanted...

gyu
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Still early in the season, many superstars are struggling or doing worse than their previous year's averages so far not just Dwight. I don't see him putting up 20 ppg with all the scoring options Houston has but I can see him putting up 17 ppg while being a top 2 rebounder in the league.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM

only a mental midget would assume the lakers problems last year was with their offense

they were great on that end of the floor

their problem was team defense. no speed. getting beat in transition..

that and their injuries to nash, gasol, kobe, and howard coming back from one

plowking
11-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Another poor game by Howard.

RRR3
11-06-2013, 01:40 AM
What a scrub clearly garbage without LAWD GAWDBE

YouGotServed
11-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Another terrible game for Howard. Where the Kobe fan boys at? Watching Lakers lose again?

:yaohappy:

oh the horror
11-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Another terrible game for Howard. Where the Kobe fan boys at? Watching Lakers lose again?

If you truly believe it's just "Kobe fanboys" with opinions on Dwight then buddy I don't know WTf to tell ya.

Responses like this and the like are just as obvious as the people they seek to annoy.

noob cake
11-06-2013, 01:46 AM
I mean yesterday was just plain rigged. LA refs have something against Dwight.

Howard got fouled out of the game with 3 fouls in 6 minutes. Two of those fouls were complete bullshit.

YouGotServed
11-06-2013, 01:55 AM
If you truly believe it's just "Kobe fanboys" with opinions on Dwight then buddy I don't know WTf to tell ya.

Responses like this and the like are just as obvious as the people they seek to annoy.

*noted, buddy

4-1 Where the Kobe fan boys and Dwight haters at?

The Iron Fist
11-06-2013, 02:36 AM
How many playoff wins did Dwight lead the Lakers to?

plowking
11-06-2013, 02:49 AM

How many was he supposed to with a team that barely scraped into 8th seed?

What did you as a Lakers fan expect? Finals?

coin24
11-06-2013, 02:55 AM
How many was he supposed to with a team that barely scraped into 8th seed?

What did you as a Lakers fan expect? Finals?

So youre saying he played well in last years playoffs?

I expected with Kobe out that Dwight was going to show us what he could do as a number 1 option, and thankfully he didnt resign because that was embarrassing to watch.

The guy is a 3rd-4th option now which is all he is capable of offensively. Defensive anchor, rebounder and open dunks etc is what he is best at. One decent scoring game out of 5-10 doesnt make you a #1 option.

chazzy
11-06-2013, 03:01 AM
I don't know why people were so shocked with Dwight's play/touches last year. He's never been a high volume 15+ FGA type player, was coming off BACK surgery, and no longer the primary offensive option while sharing the paint with another offensive big. Hell, he took less shots the year after his finals run as the primary option, and he's taking around the same amount this year so far. And offense wasn't an issue for the Lakers last year.

plowking
11-06-2013, 03:09 AM
So youre saying he played well in last years playoffs?

I expected with Kobe out that Dwight was going to show us what he could do as a number 1 option, and thankfully he didnt resign because that was embarrassing to watch.

The guy is a 3rd-4th option now which is all he is capable of offensively. Defensive anchor, rebounder and open dunks etc is what he is best at. One decent scoring game out of 5-10 doesnt make you a #1 option.

You basically described what every good center in history has ever done. Rebound, defend and make easy shots. :oldlol:

He did play well. As well as he could have considering the situation. He was quite comfortably the best player on the Lakers. In fact, he might have been the best player in the series. He was averaging 20/12/3 on 60% shooting before getting ejected in the 4th game. What more can he do exactly?

3rd or 4th option? lol... Yeah, keep talking shit.
Its as if some of you on here, particularly Kobe fans like yourself, believe your delusions will become reality if you keep writing and saying it enough. Hell, you're probably right. You've pushed the "Kobe is clutch" agenda so far, that even after having stats showing he really isn't any better than most players, people still actually kinda believe it.

Keep going, you're doing a great job!

aj1987
11-06-2013, 03:56 AM
The Lakers WITH Kobe barely made the playoffs. How many games do you think they would've won without him? Outside of Kobe and Dwight (Pau was average at best), the team was trash. Dwight was the only player who actually played defense.