PDA

View Full Version : 76ers are ranked 1st in Matt Moore's Power Rankings

cranincu
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/24186358/power-rankings-sixers-early-surprise-at-no-1-while-heat-go-cruising

Respected NBA analyst puts the 76ers as the best team in the league. Your reaction?

OhNoTimNoSho
11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
He is not going to be respected much longer.

GrapeApe
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
The Sixers have been the most impressive team thus far. I have no issue with their ranking.

bagelred
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM
He did that just so he can say they went from 30 to 1.

DuMa
11-04-2013, 05:24 PM
thats a nice Power Tanking list

Shade8780
11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Aaaand we're last...

Shade8780
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
thats a nice Power Tanking list
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24186521/power-tankings-i-dont-think-that-means-what-you-think-it-means

russwest0
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
lol @ i like how when the Heat sux it cause they cruising but when any other top team sux its the end of da world

Jailblazers7
11-04-2013, 05:50 PM
It is clearly done halfheartedly and designed to get traffic at the website. I know I never would have clicked on that link if Philly was #1.

crunk-juice
11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm a Pacers fan yet I don't even agree that they look "so much better than last year"... I mean yeah there are good signs, but cmon... it was ORL/NO/CLE.

Mayweather
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-power-rankings--sixers-go-from-worst-to-first-073534724.html

tmacattack33
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM
That's just BS designed to bring in people to that website.

If this guy really thinks Philly is the best, tell him to put ten thousand dollars on them winning the championship and tell him to scan the ticket and upload it to his site so we can all see it.

GrapeApe
11-04-2013, 06:10 PM
That's just BS designed to bring in people to that website.

If this guy really thinks Philly is the best, tell him to put ten thousand dollars on them winning the championship and tell him to scan the ticket and upload it to his site so we can all see it.

Settle down there fella lol. I'm sure he doesn't think they're the best team. It's just a power ranking based on the first week of the season, and as you and others have mentioned, an attention grabbing tactic.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-04-2013, 06:14 PM
They're number 1 in just about every one except ESPN.

Aaaand we're last...

We're 1st in the ESPN insider tanking one though! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It's A VC3!!!
11-04-2013, 06:18 PM
why do people call it a power ranking. a power ranking should be one time only a before the season starts. what these people do is they make a new power ranking every week and it's basically a "standings ranking". it's literally stupid and i refuse to read it. they are just giving us an updated standings list. the 76ers will lose 5 in a row and be on the bottom of the standings next week, hence on the bottom of the ranking next week. :facepalm

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM
why do people call it a power ranking. a power ranking should be one time only a before the season starts. what these people do is they make a new power ranking every week and it's basically a "standings ranking". it's literally stupid and i refuse to read it. they are just giving us an updated standings list. the 76ers will lose 5 in a row and be on the bottom of the standings next week, hence on the bottom of the ranking next week. :facepalm

This.

qrich
11-04-2013, 06:53 PM

A power ranking is to show how teams did for a specific period in time, in this case a week, not just an updated standing ranking.

But hey, if Nets were #1, dude here would be boasting :D

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 07:08 PM
A power ranking is to show how teams did for a specific period in time, in this case a week, not just an updated standing ranking.

It paves the way for ridiculous knee jerk reactions.

bdreason
11-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I'll be sure to never read Matt Moor's Power Rankings then.

It's A VC3!!!
11-04-2013, 07:51 PM

I know that aspect too, but people who read that ranking are avid NBA fans. Avid NBA fans already know that the 76ers started the season 3-0. And the Nets have infuriated me. They were 34-6 against sub .500 teams last season and losses to the Cavaliers and Magic are beyond unacceptable.

cos88
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
sure they had a great first week but let's be real, they still have a bad team. i except at least two 10 games losing streaks this season. the gsw will wake them up in 25 minutes.

Qwyjibo
11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Yep. Although I think you can still do it throughout the season.

What's the point of rankings like this when you can just look at the standings? Would someone really pick the Sixers to beat OKC, SA, Indiana or even Miami again?

IMO, if you're going to do power rankings, don't just be reactionary to what has happened in the last week. Consider the big picture and, IMO, that is that Philly is going to suck massively this year. I listen to the ESPN Football podcast and I like the way they clarify their weekly power rankings. Someting along the lines of "who do you think would win on a neutral field in a series of 10 games". Again, would anyone pick Philly in a series against all other teams in the NBA?

jlip
11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
"My job is to identify how each team is playing this week..."

Based upon this explicitly stated qualifier which is in the very first paragraph, how can anyone argue with the 76ers being number one?

Qwyjibo
11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
"My job is to identify how each team is playing this week..."

Based upon this explicitly stated qualifier which is in the very first paragraph, how can anyone argue with the 76ers being number one?
I think it's more of a "well then what's the point in having these?" thing.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
His reason for having the Sixers at #1 "I have ABSOLUTELY no idea."

:oldlol: I respect the hell out of this man.

JMT
11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
why do people call it a power ranking. a power ranking should be one time only a before the season starts.

While I don't disagree that the power ranking is simply a superfluous reflection of the standings, why would one done in the pre-season have any merit? In that case you're NCAA football, ranking teams based on perception and speculation.

The whole thing exists just to get people to loook at a website and talk (read: argue) about it.