PDA

View Full Version : Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

Pages : [1] 2

pauk
11-02-2013, 01:59 PM
They are so impressive from top the bottom you dont even know who the best player is out of their starting 5.....

They are easily the most talented from top the bottom.... Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett accompanied with Brook Lopez who is a legit C playing like the best Center in the league..... oh forgot Paul Pierce... All these guys are currently All-stars with like i think around 40 all-star selections between them, its like watching an All-star game east/west team....

Next thing you know they go to rest..... and a 6'7" Point-Guard comes in, DPOY level defender Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson comes in, Jason Terry comes in playing better than ever and Blatche who also looks very improved especially with his ballhandling at that size....

Watchout league....

tpols
11-02-2013, 02:00 PM
there mustve been 10+ threads sayin this exact thing.. but yea theyre like 2010 celtics on supercrack

chazzy
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Pauk making the excuses early this year

Frozen1
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I see what you are doing here, some early damage control.

But if you considered these players in their primes, probably. But not right now.

pauk
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM

For who? Miami? Am not a team fan really.... Lebron? I couldnt care less.... because the point still remains and is perfectly rational excuse or no excuse.... this team is amazingly awesome from top the bottom, dont you think? :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2013, 02:04 PM
:roll:

Damage control.

No, not even close, a KG that can't play 30 mpg, an old ass pierce and a 33 YO joe Johnson...

This current HEAT team is the deepest team in the league with the most talent at every position. And two of their best players are in their prime.

Frozen1
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Lebron? I couldnt care less....

ROFL

pauk
11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Guys, this is nothing more than a compliment.... and a question, is this the most stacked team of our lifetime? Maybe even more stacked than 60s Celtics? Why not... :eek:

get these NETS
11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
kg and pierce are running on fumes

joe johnson is a compiler

brook lopez is inconsistent and moves like a middle aged weekend warrior

deron williams is over rated

CelticBaller
11-02-2013, 02:08 PM
3 games in and the excuses pile in :oldlol:

VIntageNOvel
11-02-2013, 02:08 PM

it's better this way, little by little emotional detachment,
or are you prefer it in one go like lion essay?

Ca$H
11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
LOL. Preemptive strike. KG, Pierce, Terry, and AK47 are old. Dwill, Joe Johnson,
and Lopez<<<<<<<<< LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. The other role players are equal to the Heat role players.

pauk
11-02-2013, 02:10 PM
ROFL

I just like Lebrons game.... thats about it... and "i couldnt care less" especially in this context of him/them/anybody losing a regular season game........ because it still stands if Miami/Lebron won THIS NETS TEAM IS THAT GOOD....

Win or Lose last night they are THAT GOOD no matter what you think and i would still make this thread, its the first time i actually see them play.......... so please stop with your accusations, i have given nothing but a compliment...

Doranku
Guys, this is nothing more than a compliment.... and a question, is this the most stacked team of our lifetime? Maybe even more stacked than 60s Celtics? Why not... :eek:
:roll: You're not fooling anyone. Just stop.

VIntageNOvel
but yeah agree,
nets, rocket, GSW all stacked like hell
not to mention the old powerhouse: spurs, pacers, bulls
this year is gonna be good
now its depend on the coach on how to utilize the personnel

Eric Cartman
They lost to the Cavs.

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Their name value is more impressive than the actual talent guys like KG-Perice have left.

The defending champs with 3 all stars & the reigning MVP in his prime surrounded by amazing role players should be able to handle them..

Do you think Jordan ever feared the 97 Rockets with old as Barkely, still great Hakeem and old Drexler?

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 02:13 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Do they even have one top-10 player?

chips93
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
They lost to the Cavs.

:rockon:

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
How the hell do we still not have avatars.

Where's the give away that was promised "at the end of this week" 2 weeks ago?

Why does this dude continually string us along without giving us any insight on to what he's doing to follow through on his promises.

Where's the new mods? We had massive thread with some great nominations.

We should all take our talents to REALGM for one day until some changes are made. This forum would be shit without us, what's ISH gonna do if we leave...

Open up registration :rolleyes:

ISH stand tall and fight for your god given right of avatars

Jeff is like the abusive boyfriend who treats us like shit just to see how much he can get away with before we break up with him

Fudge
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
No other team is more stacked than this Heat team.

LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Allen
Battier
Beasley
Andersen
Haslem
Chalmers
Cole
Oden

WE DA BESS

HomieWeMajor
11-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Building this team up so if the Heat beat them in Playoffs you can say "Lebron beat a stacked team, I want his babies." or if they lose "Well this team was stacked so of course my Lebronny wonny couldn't beat them"

Heavincent
11-02-2013, 02:31 PM

I really like this squad and they're just as good as anybody in today's league, but they're not historically stacked or anything. Show time Lakers, 60's and 80's Celtics, early 2000's Lakers, and 90's Bulls were clearly more stacked.

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2013, 02:35 PM

I really like this squad and they're just as good as anybody in today's league, but they're not historically stacked or anything. Show time Lakers, 60's and 80's Celtics, early 2000's Lakers, and 90's Bulls were clearly more stacked.

I wouldn't call the early 90s bulls or the early 2000 Lakers stacked.

80s Celtcis, Showtime Lakers, 97 Bulls, Russelss Celtics are sacked IMO.

Hell throw in the 08 Celtcis too, 3 great players in te last year of their primes with a solid supporting cast

ChuckOakley
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Hardly, though they may have the best 1-9 of any team right now.

D.Will
JJ
PP
KG
Lopez
---
Livingston
Terry
AK
Blatche

Taylor
A.Anderson
Toko
Evans
Teletovic
Plumlee

are decent 3rd string depth, but aren't anywhere near the level of the top 9 and are the type of third string talent most teams have, though Anderson and Evans would probably be in most team's 2nd 5.

ChuckOakley
11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Do they even have one top-10 player?
No, neither do most teams.
8 or 9 teams have top 10 players.

I think stacked, more refers to depth though.

SamuraiSWISH
11-02-2013, 02:45 PM
and 90's Bulls were clearly more stacked.
Early 90's Bulls? You serious right now? pauk, on damage control. Nothing more. I'm not saying the Nets aren't nice, but the Heat themselves are very stacked. A lot of the Nets players have more name value than actual impact. KG, Pierce are running on fumes.

DuMa
11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
they won 1 game. stfu

SixShooter
11-02-2013, 02:58 PM
if KG was a few years younger they'd be A LOT better. Maybe one of the all-time great teams. But I'm not trusting a 38 year old to be elite night after night for 35+ minutes. Without a dominant KG this team isn't that impressive.

SpecialQue
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM
This is embarrassing, even for you.

GovernmentMan
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM

Damage control.

No, not even close, a KG that can't play 30 mpg, an old ass pierce and a 33 YO joe Johnson...

This current HEAT team is the deepest team in the league with the most talent at every position. And two of their best players are in their prime.

who are their centers and back up forwards again? who are their point guards?

Le Shaqtus
11-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Old players = stacked.

Heat are the deepest team in the league right now.

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2013, 03:08 PM
who are their centers and back up forwards again? who are their point guards?

Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, Chris Anderson, Shane Battier, Greg Oden

Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole

:confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
11-02-2013, 03:14 PM
This is the most pitiful thread I have ever seen on ISH.

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Star-wise, definitely. However, a lot of the Nets need time management (Paul, Deron, Brook, KG, AK, and Jet). The Nets are 12 deep.

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 03:23 PM
No, neither do most teams.
8 or 9 teams have top 10 players.

I think stacked, more refers to depth though.
It refers to both star power as well as depth. If it's just about having 10 guys who can play then everyone is "stacked." We have to draw a line somewhere, and if you want to say a team is the "most stacked of our lifetime" then the standard has to be high.

GovernmentMan
11-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, Chris Anderson, Shane Battier, Greg Oden

Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole

:confusedshrug:

Haslem is nearly useless now. He'll have a good game out of 10 maybe. Shane Battier has huge slumps. Greg Oden is the biggest IF in the NBA. Hasn't even played a game

Chalmers and Cole are both below average PGs.

iamgine
11-02-2013, 03:24 PM
They are so impressive from top the bottom you dont even know who the best player is out of their starting 5.....

They are easily the most talented from top the bottom.... Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett accompanied with Brook Lopez who is a legit C playing like the best Center in the league..... oh forgot Paul Pierce... All these guys are currently All-stars with like i think around 40 all-star selections between them, its like watching an All-star game east/west team....

Next thing you know they go to rest..... and a 6'7" Point-Guard comes in, DPOY level defender Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson comes in, Jason Terry comes in playing better than ever and Blatche who also looks very improved especially with his ballhandling at that size....

Watchout league....
Impressive indeed but it's far from that. Last season they were 1st round exit team with Deron, JJ and Lopez.

Now they added a 36 & 37 years olds. Bolster their bench with another 36 years old and Kirilenko who is a solid player but haven't received any defensive honor since '06.

Not to mention a rookie coach.

pauk
11-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Impressive indeed but it's far from that. Last season they were 1st round exit team with Deron, JJ and Lopez.

Now they added a 36 & 37 years olds. Bolster their bench with another 36 years old and Kirilenko who is a solid player but haven't received any defensive honor since '06.

Not to mention a rookie coach.

I understand, but if they play like yesterday (balanced productions from everybody on both ends)....... damn...

This team is absolute epicness :applause:

...and im so happy for Shaun Livingston.

fpliii
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Pretty odd that people are grouping Pierce and KG together. Pierce is pretty much done at this point, KG even last year was statistically a top 5ish defender.

I think starting AK47 when he's healthy, and using Pierce as their 6th man would be much better. If Pierce can play like Vince has in Dallas the last couple years or so, this lineup will be much scarier.

coin24
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Wow:eek:

Epic damage control this early pauk?? Guess this way you don't have to go back and edit threads with excuses when the heat get bounced this year :oldlol:

:djparty :party:

pauk
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Wow:eek:

Epic damage control this early pauk?? Guess this way you don't have to go back and edit threads with excuses when the heat get bounced this year :oldlol:

:djparty :party:

...am not a Heat fan... :confusedshrug:

I like Lebron, Ray Allen, Wade on that team......... but i like even more players on that Nets team... Shaun Livingston, Deron, Joe Johnson, KG, Teletovic (my country man).... hell im more of a Nets fan than a Heat fan lol...

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM

I like Lebron, Ray Allen, Wade on that team......... but i like even more players on that Nets team... Shaun Livingston, Deron, Joe Johnson, KG, Teletovic (my country man).... hell im more of a Nets fan than a Heat fan lol...

We need more nets fans. maybe lebron to nets next season? I can only hope.

niko
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM
No, this is not the most stacked team of all time. I can recall Laker teams, Celtic teams, Trailblazer teams that had this much talent, and you didn't need to qualify it for age, etc.

I think people are really overrating Anderson, Livingston, Evans - people like that who are role players (with Livingston he literally can't start because his knees would explore). There have been teams with better starters, younger, and better benches at the same time.

Twiens
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Lebron dick riders on full alert early :facepalm

ZHAKIDD532
11-02-2013, 03:49 PM

Damage control.

Dwyane Wade is not in his prime anymore. And if you think they have most talent at the PG, PF, or C positions, I'd say you're drunk.

wpdougie2180
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Pretty odd that people are grouping Pierce and KG together. Pierce is pretty much done at this point, KG even last year was statistically a top 5ish defender.

I think starting AK47 when he's healthy, and using Pierce as their 6th man would be much better. If Pierce can play like Vince has in Dallas the last couple years or so, this lineup will be much scarier.

I don't understand why people keep saying this, is one 5 game stretch in the playoffs (albeit) going to overshadow his season last year (18/6/5 on 43% shooting and 18/6/6 on 48% shooting after the All star break :biggums: ). I seen your are a very good poster so i'd think you'd know that already so it perplexes me why everyone just assumes he's done because he was bad against the knicks. I'm not agreeing with the OP at all it's just a topic that keeps coming up that Pierce is done.

tpols
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM

Funny.. watching the game yesterday it was AK who looked old and kinda wobbly and pierce who looked fresh and nimble.

Pierce no longer has to be his teams go to scorer and playmake like he had to be in Boston. Between deron livingston jj and lopez all of that is taken care of. He can give great play in bursts and pick his spots. He can rest as long as he wants too ..on boston they needed him out there as much as possible

Heavincent
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Pierce definitely isn't done.

fpliii
11-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't understand why people keep saying this, is one 5 game stretch in the playoffs (albeit) going to overshadow his season last year (18/6/5 on 43% shooting and 18/6/6 on 48% shooting after the All star break :biggums: ). I seen your are a very good poster so i'd think you'd know that already so it perplexes me why everyone just assumes he's done because he was bad against the knicks. I'm not agreeing with the OP at all it's just a topic that keeps coming up that Pierce is done.
Just from watching, I haven't looked at his numbers too closely. I'm also admittedly a Pierce hater. :D

fpliii
11-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Funny.. watching the game yesterday it was AK who looked old and kinda wobbly and pierce who looked fresh and nimble.

Pierce no longer has to be his teams go to scorer and playmake like he had to be in Boston. Between deron livingston jj and lopez all of that is taken care of. He can give great play in bursts and pick his spots. He can rest as long as he wants too ..on boston they needed him out there as much as possible

As I said in my post, I was referring to when AK47 is healthy. Or do you think he's pretty much done at this point?

fpliii
11-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Pierce definitely isn't done.

idk man, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not one of his fans (didn't like how he got all of KG's shine for that 08 run, and hate him whenever he plays the Lakers), but in the limited games I watched him last year he looked nothing like himself. Maybe he was asked to do too much or he was hurt? :confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 04:16 PM
idk man, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not one of his fans (didn't like how he got all of KG's shine for that 08 run, and hate him whenever he plays the Lakers), but in the limited games I watched him last year he looked nothing like himself. Maybe he was asked to do too much or he was hurt? :confusedshrug:
he's averaging 19 PPG on 9 FGA and 60% shooting. Those stats are remarkable for any player, let alone a 36 year old. Not to mention he's playing less than he's accustomed to. Paul is being asked to do less with more and he's DOMINATING.

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM

Last year he led the Cs in points, second in assists. It's very early but this season he leads the Nets in points, second in assists. He might not make the All-Star team but he is still one of the better starters at his position. Is a guy "done" when he's going to win his match-up more often than not?

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
he's averaging 19 PPG on 9 FGA and 60% shooting. Those stats are remarkable for any player, let alone a 36 year old. Not to mention he's playing less than he's accustomed to. Paul is being asked to do less with more and he's DOMINATING.
Now that does go too far. He's only played 2 games and hasn't scored 20 in either.

Go Getter
11-02-2013, 04:39 PM
:no: Plenty of Lakers and Celtics teams were more stacked with their stars in their prime.

fpliii
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Last year he led the Cs in points, second in assists. It's very early but this season he leads the Nets in points, second in assists. He might not make the All-Star team but he is still one of the better starters at his position. Is a guy "done" when he's going to win his match-up more often than not?

Depends. Done isn't the same for every player IMO (especially for all-time greats), it just means the guy is a shell of his former self. Doesn't mean he should be out of the league obviously, but he's not the same player. Maybe I should've said he's lost a step instead.

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Depends. Done isn't the same for every player IMO (especially for all-time greats), it just means the guy is a shell of his former self. Doesn't mean he should be out of the league obviously, but he's not the same player. Maybe I should've said he's lost a step instead.
That would be accurate, he's not a 25/6/5 player anymore.

fpliii
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
That would be accurate, he's not a 25/6/5 player anymore.

All the time at least. Part of growing older is not being able to do the same shit every night. Obviously he (like any other aging player) is capable of throwback performances any given game, and can even string a few together. But they become the exceptions, not the trend.

The JKidd Kid
11-02-2013, 06:06 PM

AK is recovering from back spasms and thus was his first real action in more than 2 weeks.

chazzy
11-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Pierce looked pretty good on both ends last night. Def not done

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Now that does go too far. He's only played 2 games and hasn't scored 20 in either.
And? He scored 17 and 19. By your logic, if he scored a few more points, I can use the word dominant? He's shooting 60% from the field and averaging 18 PPG on just nine field goal attempts per game. Imagine that. He's in a completely new system and I honestly thought he's struggle for the first half of the season but it's like he's been here forever. He's not "dominating" in terms of Kevin Durant, LeBron James, etc.. standards but considering he's playing with four-six other high scoring options, he's giving us much, much more than we asked of him. We love you Paul! Wish he and Kevin were younger so we could have them for more years.

Bigsmoke
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
08 Celtics? 05 Spurs? 07 Suns? 96 Bulls?

niko
11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
And? He scored 17 and 19. By your logic, if he scored a few more points, I can use the word dominant? He's shooting 60% from the field and averaging 18 PPG on just nine field goal attempts per game. Imagine that. He's in a completely new system and I honestly thought he's struggle for the first half of the season but it's like he's been here forever. He's not "dominating" in terms of Kevin Durant, LeBron James, etc.. standards but considering he's playing with four-six other high scoring options, he's giving us much, much more than we asked of him. We love you Paul! Wish he and Kevin were younger so we could have them for more years.
So in essence he's dominating under a new, much less dominant way that you made up. :lol

You know if they were younger they'd be Celtics.

Doranku
11-02-2013, 07:16 PM

:roll: Taking trolling to new heights this year.

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
So in essence he's dominating under a new, much less dominant way that you made up. :lol

You know if they were younger they'd be Celtics.
In the role and situation he was put in just several months ago, he's dominating. Combine that with his age, and the numbers he's putting up are beyond remarkable.

knicksman
11-02-2013, 08:09 PM
pauk showing his ******ness again

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
This level of play you describe here is not dominant. That's the kind of game that you get from a good player. Pierce is smart enough to adjust to any system, basketball is not rocket science and he's got a high IQ for the game. "Dominant" is an adjective that is supposed to be reserved for elite basketball players. If a guy is not playing on the level of James, Durant, etc. he is not dominant.

niko
11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
In the role and situation he was put in just several months ago, he's dominating. Combine that with his age, and the numbers he's putting up are beyond remarkable.

You keep saying that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.

ClutchOver9000
11-02-2013, 09:18 PM
:roll: Pauk keeps rolling out gems. First the Lebron-old lion essay, now this.

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
This level of play you describe here is not dominant. That's the kind of game that you get from a good player. Pierce is smart enough to adjust to any system, basketball is not rocket science and he's got a high IQ for the game. "Dominant" is an adjective that is supposed to be reserved for elite basketball players. If a guy is not playing on the level of James, Durant, etc. he is not dominant.
LeBron is averaging 23 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists and he's playing nine more minutes per game than Paul AND he has nowhere near the options that the Nets have in the starting unit. And by "dominating in his role", I mean that he cannot play any better than he's playing right now given the current situation that he is in. Can you honestly say that Paul can play any better than he's playing right now? If the answer is no, than he is "dominating in the role he's in". Again, people like to assert the word "dominate" to people that only score 40 a night.

niko
11-02-2013, 10:06 PM
LeBron is averaging 23 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists and he's playing nine more minutes per game than Paul AND he has nowhere near the options that the Nets have in the starting unit. And by "dominating in his role", I mean that he cannot play any better than he's playing right now given the current situation that he is in. Can you honestly say that Paul can play any better than he's playing right now? If the answer is no, than he is "dominating in the role he's in". Again, people like to assert the word "dominate" to people that only score 40 a night.
People are assuming dominate is used by the dictionary definition, not something you made up. Yes, that is true.

CavaliersFTW
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
This, obvious agenda is obvious :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Kirk Hinrich is dominating in his role. :rolleyes:

It's A VC3!!!
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
eww, please, kirk is shooting 40% from the field and 25% from three point range in 22 minutes per game. there are a million other kirks out there. i'm a kirk, you're a kirk, we're all kirks.

PejaNowitzki
11-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Watchout league....

Yeah, since the year is 2005, that team is ****ing amazing..........oh wait................

OldSchoolBBall
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
If Pierce and KG were 4-6 years younger maybe...

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2013, 11:45 PM
eww, please, kirk is shooting 40% from the field and 25% from three point range in 22 minutes per game. there are a million other kirks out there. i'm a kirk, you're a kirk, we're all kirks.
He had 6 assists today in 20 minutes. If he played 100 minutes he'd have 30 assists, which would tie the record set by Scott Skiles. Unheard-of for a reserve guard. Dominating in his role.

Bigsmoke
11-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, since the year is 2005, that team is ****ing amazing..........oh wait................

Brook and Williams are the best players on the Nets anyway.

KG. Pierce, and Joe are over the hill but still that's the best PF, SF, SG lineup behind the Heat

talkingconch
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Agenda is so obvious even a special olympics winner can see it

miami heat are most stacked, deal with it

kNicKz
11-03-2013, 12:08 AM

"but...but....we have to play other stacked teams now? "

pauk
11-03-2013, 01:03 AM

You and some others here with that comment dont get it.... they can still be those players / give it their best but for a limited amount of time and with this team its perfect considering the complementary rotations of talent they have... you cant bring it or need a rest? no problem, somebody else will pick it up....

This team is.... good... a perfect system to make use of the controlled "umph" KG/Pierce can deploy....

BallsOut
11-03-2013, 01:10 AM
The irony of this thread. Lebron bandwagon Heat fan calling another team stacked when the Heat have had 3 superstar players on a single team for the past 3 years.

pauk, getting exposed again

:yaohappy:

red1
11-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Agenda is so obvious even a special olympics winner can see it

miami heat are most stacked, deal with it
lol

plowking
11-03-2013, 01:18 AM
The irony of this thread. Lebron bandwagon Heat fan calling another team stacked when the Heat have had 3 superstar players on a single team for the past 3 years.

pauk, getting exposed again

:yaohappy:

pauk is batshit stupid, but Chris Bosh a superstar?

Can you find me one other player in NBA history who was referred to as a superstar despite making one All NBA team his entire career? For reference sake, Latrell Sprewell has made more All NBA teams. So has Mitch Richmond. Mark Price.
Remember Vin Baker? Probably not, right? He has the same amount of All NBA teams as Bosh. How about Carlos Boozer? Superstar, right? Same amount.

Bosh barely made it to the playoffs leading his teams. Barely made an All NBA team. He ain't no superstar, and its not close to being a discussion.

BallsOut
11-03-2013, 01:25 AM

Can you find me one other player in NBA history who was referred to as a superstar despite making one All NBA team his entire career? For reference sake, Latrell Sprewell has made more All NBA teams. So has Mitch Richmond. Mark Price.
Remember Vin Baker? Probably not, right? He has the same amount of All NBA teams as Bosh. How about Carlos Boozer? Superstar, right? Same amount.

Bosh barely made it to the playoffs leading his teams. Barely made an All NBA team. He ain't no superstar, and its not close to being a discussion.

In case you didn't know, Bosh was the 20/10 player and the man leading Toronto to the playoffs each year before Miami. He was HUGE in FIBA and the Olympics for team USA even leading them in scoring at certain points.

Plus forget All-NBA crap, just because he's behind KG and Duncan every year doesn't mean he's not a superstar. The guy has enough All-Star selections in his pocket to warrant that status. Just because he's been relegated to a 15 feet jumpshooter the past few seasons, doesn't mean you can rewrite history.

The Heat have had 3 superstar players in their primes for the last 3 years. That's unprecedented in NBA league history. They're the most stacked. Hence why this thread is ironic.

:biggums:

coin24
11-03-2013, 01:29 AM

20/10 PF, yep Bosh was real garbage. Ray Allen must suck aswell. Miami Cavaliers obviously, man poor LeBron how has he carried so many scrubs to the last 2 titles? I mean look how hard he dominated games 1-5 of the finals:oldlol:

plowking
11-03-2013, 01:34 AM
In case you didn't know, Bosh was the 20/10 player and the man leading Toronto to the playoffs each year before Miami. He was HUGE in FIBA and the Olympics for team USA even leading them in scoring at certain points.

Plus forget All-NBA crap, just because he's behind KG and Duncan every year doesn't mean he's not a superstar. The guy has enough All-Star selections in his pocket to warrant that status. Just because he's been relegated to a 15 feet jumpshooter the past few seasons, doesn't mean you can rewrite history.

The Heat have had 3 superstar players in their primes for the last 3 years. That's unprecedented in NBA league history. They're the most stacked. Hence why this thread is ironic.

He didn't make the playoffs in his last 2 years in Toronto before moving to Miami. So, you're wrong.
Who's rewriting history? You're the one claiming hes leading them to the playoffs when he wasn't.

No, they haven't had 3 superstars. They've had 2.

plowking
11-03-2013, 01:36 AM
20/10 PF, yep Bosh was real garbage. Ray Allen must suck aswell. Miami Cavaliers obviously, man poor LeBron how has he carried so many scrubs to the last 2 titles? I mean look how hard he dominated games 1-5 of the finals:oldlol:

Show me where I said he was garbage.
Hes a very good player, and I constantly say that on here. My description is much more accurate, and factual while we're at it, then Ballsout's is.

Hes not a superstar. A very good player? Yes.

TheMarkMadsen
11-03-2013, 02:02 AM

Can you find me a player that made 8 straight all star games that wasn't considered a superstar?

Barely made the playoffs? He made the playoffs b2b years with a less than stellar squad at 22 & 23 years old.

And how is being 2nd team all NBA "barely" making an all nba team..

coin24
11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Can you find me a player that made 8 straight all star games that wasn't considered a superstar?

Barely made the playoffs? He made the playoffs b2b years with a less than stellar squad at 22 & 23 years old.

No, the Nets are unfairly stacked. Cheats. LeBron has to carry scrubs its not fair. Dont you understand?:facepalm
:lol

plowking
11-03-2013, 02:08 AM

Ballsout said he made the playoffs the years just before joining Miami. That's wrong. He made the playoffs twice in all that time at Toronto.
He made one All NBA team. Hes not exactly a sure thing any year, hence one 1 team.

Are you seriously asking for non superstar players who are 8 time all stars? Was Dikembe a superstar? How about Alex English? Robert Parish has 10 I think, and he wasn't a superstar.

plowking
11-03-2013, 02:09 AM
No, the Nets are unfairly stacked. Cheats. LeBron has to carry scrubs its not fair. Dont you understand?:facepalm

You might be the worst poster on here at putting together an argument. That, and actually understanding what you're debating.

BallsOut
11-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Are you seriously asking for non superstar players who are 8 time all stars? Was Dikembe a superstar? How about Alex English? Robert Parish has 10 I think, and he wasn't a superstar.

Bosh's career isn't even close to being done. Dikembe was in the league for what 20 years? Not a good comparison. Bosh is a 20/10 guy, led his team to the playoffs as the man in Toronto, 8 all star games in 10 seasons, all nba 2nd team, 2 gold medals with team USA in the olympics, 4th overall draft pick lived up to expectations and more and Bosh's career isn't even close to being done.

What more do you want? The guy is the definition of a proven superstar in this league. Of course Heat fans won't admit it, it diminishes all the titles they've won.

:coleman:

coin24
11-03-2013, 02:24 AM
You might be the worst poster on here at putting together an argument. That, and actually understanding what you're debating.

Im sorry forum expert, ill dedicate my next 15000 posts trying to get up to your standard..

SacJB Shady
11-03-2013, 02:31 AM

Watchout league....

Sometimes fans forget that players age. Garnett and pierce are not stars anymore. Johnson is also getting old. This team is not special. The warriors have far superior talent.

La Frescobaldi
11-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Ballsout said he made the playoffs the years just before joining Miami. That's wrong. He made the playoffs twice in all that time at Toronto.
He made one All NBA team. Hes not exactly a sure thing any year, hence one 1 team.

Alex English & Robert Parish were superstars in their day. Not Bird Magic level but casual fans knew all about them both

francesco totti
11-03-2013, 08:36 AM
nice jinx attempt by pauk, I predict nets to go on 10 game losing streak now :lol

niko
11-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I had a dominant performance this morning eating pancakes.

ballup
11-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Stacked with players way beyond their prime. Sure.

SamuraiSWISH
11-03-2013, 12:53 PM
They are really well built though. Even as it stands today. But the fact of the matter is their 2x superstars (KG, Pierce) are way too old.

They're third best players, all star caliber guys but not superstar level (JJ, Deron) aren't the same players they were just 3 or 4 years ago. JJ passive a lot, was really good when playing for that pay day check in free agency.

If this Nets team was put together in the 2007 - 2010 time frame. Yikes. They'd be really frightening. As of right now, they're just really, really good until proven otherwise.

guy
11-03-2013, 01:33 PM

Why does that even matter?

guy
11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
They are stacked but definitely not all-time level stacked. They don't even have a top 10 player in the league, maybe not even top 15.

aj1987
11-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Bosh's career isn't even close to being done. Dikembe was in the league for what 20 years? Not a good comparison. Bosh is a 20/10 guy, led his team to the playoffs as the man in Toronto, 8 all star games in 10 seasons, all nba 2nd team, 2 gold medals with team USA in the olympics, 4th overall draft pick lived up to expectations and more and Bosh's career isn't even close to being done.

What more do you want? The guy is the definition of a proven superstar in this league. Of course Heat fans won't admit it, it diminishes all the titles they've won.

:coleman:
Can you name ONE superstar, who scored 0 points in the Finals? Bosh did it in his prime and in a Game 7. Bosh is not a superstar. If Bosh is a superstar, Lebron, Durant, etc. are what?

The JKidd Kid
11-03-2013, 01:54 PM
They are really well built though. Even as it stands today. But the fact of the matter is their 2x superstars (KG, Pierce) are way too old.

They're third best players, all star caliber guys but not superstar level (JJ, Deron) aren't the same players they were just 3 or 4 years ago. JJ passive a lot, was really good when playing for that pay day check in free agency.

If this Nets team was put together in the 2007 - 2010 time frame. Yikes. They'd be really frightening. As of right now, they're just really, really good until proven otherwise.

DWill is their best player, then Peirce, then Lopez then Garnett. I honestly don't understand how people can watch DWill in the last half of last season and still say he's lost a step.

The JKidd Kid
11-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I had a dominant performance this morning eating pancakes.

tpols
11-03-2013, 02:11 PM
They are stacked but definitely not all-time level stacked. They don't even have a top 10 player in the league, maybe not even top 15.
This is such an arbitrary way of downplaying a team. Indiana last year didn't have a top ten player.. Spurs arguably didn't have a top ten player.. And they took a team with two top ten players to the brink of elimination.

After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any better. So outside of those top three it doesn't matter. And two of them have significantly worse supporting casts than what dwill has as it stands now.

There aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. JJ is one of the best third options in the whole league and he might be considered a fourth option right now anyways. The team is stacked.. They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.

Haymaker
11-03-2013, 02:44 PM
They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.

Damn, that's spot on. :applause:

Nets fan 93
11-03-2013, 03:17 PM
No matter how much the nets improve they always get hate from ish! Keep it coming!

Dizzle-2k7
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any betterThere aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. .

i completely disagree. deron williams isnt even a top 25 player anymore. id take rondo, parker, kyrie, rose, paul, wade, harden etc... so many players over deron...

and only dwight and marc are a upgrade over brook?... duncan?...dirk?.. pau?... hibbert?..zach randolph.... brook hasnt proved shit in this league..

these nets are stacked but theyre not all time stacked.. if this was 3 years ago id agree but as it stands youre very wrong

Vienceslav
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
People actually agreeing with OP.:roll:

The JKidd Kid
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
i completely disagree. deron williams isnt even a top 25 player anymore. id take rondo, parker, kyrie, rose, paul, wade, harden etc... so many players over deron...

and only dwight and marc are a upgrade over brook?... duncan?...dirk?.. pau?... hibbert?..zach randolph.... brook hasnt proved shit in this league..

these nets are stacked but theyre not all time stacked.. if this was 3 years ago id agree but as it stands youre very wrong

No way. DWill> Rondo, Parker, He's better than Kyrie at literally every part of the game and for this team he's a better fit than Rose, Harden and Wade.

I understand that you're a hater but let's be realistic.

tpols
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Cmon dude.. dwill is still a top tier PG. He just put up a ~20/8 RS/playoffs. Wade definitely hasnt proven durable or healthy enough to be clearly past him currently. Kyrie didnt put up a better statline.. Rose looks like shit right now. rondo put up 14/11 last year. Hes right there with dwill because of defense and rebounding though. Hardens really the only debateable one and his game fell off when FTs didnt go his way in the playoffs.

None of those guys are clear cut better than dwill.. stats wise.. eye test, whatever you want to use. Dwill at his peak on Utah put up 19/10. He puts up 19/8 now. Real huge difference.

And Duncan, Dirk, and randolph arent centers. Hibbert is the only center you listed and it is completely debateable that he would do better as a C on this Nets team than Brook has and will. If you want to act like hibbert is on a different plane than Lopez youre not going to have many people backing you.

A 12/8 player is no question above a 19/7 player... right.

Real Men Wear Green
11-03-2013, 11:23 PM
The most stacked team of our lifetime just fell to 1-2 despite a dominant 16 point performance from Paul Pierce.

Bigsmoke
11-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Deron Williams needs to step up

comerb
11-04-2013, 03:54 AM

You'd be wrong. Deron is a quiet kind of good. The second half of last year he was the best PG in the league.

Having said that, his consistency definitely needs work.

havoc33
11-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I see what you are doing here, some early damage control.

But if you considered these players in their primes, probably. But not right now.
Exactly. Part of their core is old as hell, and I don't see them doing much noise in the Playoffs to be honest. No way do they have the energy to go all they way.

niko
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
No matter how much the nets improve they always get hate from ish! Keep it coming!
So you think the Nets are an all time stacked team? Because that's what people are disagreeing with. That the Nets are one of the most stacked teams in the history of the NBA.

Disputing that is not hating, it's logical.

guy
11-04-2013, 10:58 AM
This is such an arbitrary way of downplaying a team. Indiana last year didn't have a top ten player.. Spurs arguably didn't have a top ten player.. And they took a team with two top ten players to the brink of elimination.

After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any better. So outside of those top three it doesn't matter. And two of them have significantly worse supporting casts than what dwill has as it stands now.

There aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. JJ is one of the best third options in the whole league and he might be considered a fourth option right now anyways. The team is stacked.. They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.

Huh? Well, first of all, I wouldn't call the Pacers or Spurs of last year stacked. Second, I'm not saying the Nets aren't stacked. They clearly are. But I wouldn't say they are so much more stacked then all the stacked teams there have been throughout history. I definitely wouldn't question if they are "the most stacked team of our lifetime."

305Baller
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Watchout league....

...and yet they are still going to lose.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1776611/shaq-laughing-o.gif

chips93
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
so whats the difference between 'stacked' and just a great team?

is stacked just lots of talented players?

pauk
11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
so whats the difference between 'stacked' and just a great team?

is stacked just lots of talented players?

Yes, usually that team is also great....

chips93
11-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes, usually that team is also great....

so if someone thinks that the nets are the most stacked team of our lifetime, does that mean that person thinks that they are the greatest team of our lifetime?

KG215
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
This is embarrassing, even for you.
:oldlol:

Perfect way to sum up what I was thinking. Glad I didn't have to wade through all 9 pages to find it.

It's A VC3!!!
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
so if someone thinks that the nets are the most stacked team of our lifetime, does that mean that person thinks that they are the greatest team of our lifetime?
No, there are better teams than the nets. the rockets are better but have deficiencies in their starting lineup and in their bench. therefore, they are not stacked despite being better than the nets. the nets are stacked because if you go down the list 1-10, you'll see stars, and very serviceable players.

the 72-10 bulls weren't stacked at every position like the nets. they had deficiencies as well. they just had 3-4 really good players and 1 of them was MJ.

niko
11-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if it's just people lack historical perpsective but there have been teams with more stars, and younger and closer to their prime than this Nets team. The fact players like Kirlienko even, Evans, Livingston, freaking chucker Anderson are being regarded as A-List stars on the bench is bizarre.

The Nets are a very good team, arguably a title contender but absolutely NOTHING about them is historically amazing. Sorry,

CanYouDigIt
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Stacked
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba9pcdnDx1qa2ol0o1_500.jpg

Great Team
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3474425/Heat_5a_medium.jpg

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure if it's just people lack historical perpsective but there have been teams with more stars, and younger and closer to their prime than this Nets team. The fact players like Kirlienko even, Evans, Livingston, freaking chucker Anderson are being regarded as A-List stars on the bench is bizarre.

The Nets are a very good team, arguably a title contender but absolutely NOTHING about them is historically amazing. Sorry,
We all know, but good luck telling Pauk, he's afraid of the nets stealing the Kings crown so he's gonna be on a mission to hype the sh*t out of them all season.

PickernRoller
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/calastrology/preemptive-strike-header.gif
http://p5.img.cctvpic.com/program/sportsscene/20130625/images/1372168482926_1372168482926_r.jpg

niko
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
We all know, but good luck telling Pauk, he's afraid of the nets stealing the Kings crown so he's gonna be on a mission to hype the sh*t out of them all season.
I get OP has a stupid agenda, i don't get the other people in here arguing it. It makes no sense at all. This Nets team, who got put together because Pierce and Garnett are old is one of the greatest and deepest of all time? Already? It's just bizarre to me...

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I get OP has a stupid agenda, i don't get the other people in here arguing it. It makes no sense at all. This Nets team, who got put together because Pierce and Garnett are old is one of the greatest and deepest of all time? Already? It's just bizarre to me...
Hmmm I didn't know people were agreeing with him as I didn't really go through every page of the thread yet but someone once pointed out that Pauk has about 4 alts so at least some of the 'support' for this thread could be coming straight from these alleged alts

pauk
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM

No.

Mr Exlax
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
The Nets look really really good on paper to me. It's too early to determine if they're "stacked" or not. I'm one of the few that don't believe in them though. I can't figure out why I think that.

pauk
11-04-2013, 02:41 PM

Let me hear what that stupid agenda could be oh thee wise Niko....?

This is nothing but a compliment and the fact that some might agree or argue/debate the topic is because Nets are indeed perhaps from top to bottom the most talented we have been able to see live, unless you are 80 and been able to see 60s Celtics or something...

...and that "old" excuse doesnt work here to try and downgrade them, Pierce/KG are not playing in a scrub team where they have to be a one man army... yes they cant do that anymore as they could once, but they dont have to in this team, even if they could, they can still do it within limit and thats exactly what they can get away with on this team due to the deep rotation of talent....

This will be a very scary team if they can mesh things together, they have it all from top to bottom.

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2013, 02:41 PM
http://p5.img.cctvpic.com/program/sportsscene/20130625/images/1372168482926_1372168482926_r.jpg

:roll: :roll:

pauk
11-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Stacked
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba9pcdnDx1qa2ol0o1_500.jpg

Great Team
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3474425/Heat_5a_medium.jpg

Lakers had a stacked starting lineup (not better than Nets according to me overall) but with players who couldnt complement eachother chemistry or game wise.... Nets dont have that problem and they have a better bench and a better starting lineup according to me...

As far as being great, we shall see... so far what i am seeing i am leaning towards them being great, how great? We shall see, in the playoffs....

tpols
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM
They didn't just add garnett and pierce.. They added Jet AK and Livingston as well.

And the team was already stacked last year. They had all star caliber talent at every position except PF. But they were horribly mismanaged. Has a team EVER won anything significant after firing their head coach and having an interim serve the majority of the season?

Now you fill that PF void with KG and round out the bench on an already loaded team.. Yup stacked. Not an all time great team, but one of the most well rounded I've ever seen top to bottom. It's like when Detroit finally added the missing piece to the puzzle in sheed. Now they have damn near all star caliber talent 1-5. Stacked.

pauk
11-04-2013, 02:46 PM

...am no Heat fan unfortunately, nice try though, good effort, thumbs up!

Bandito
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Pauk the most stacked team was the heat in 2011 when all of them were healthy. They almost won too.

pauk
11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Pauk the most stacked team was the heat in 2011 when all of them were healthy. They almost won too.

Hm... Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... and.... and..... James Jones? Chalmers? Joel Anthony perhaps?

Do you know what stacked means? A team consisting of like 3 all-stars is not more stacked than a team consisting of many more all-stars....

niko
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Anytime you need to qualify the argument to fit what you say it's kind of stupid. The Nets are the most stacked team of all time, because we are assuming if they stay 100% healthy, some guys get better, only top 10 players, name value really counts for a lot, on and on and on and on.

Maybe the answer is just no and the argument is stupid...

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Hm... Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... and.... and..... James Jones? Chalmers? Joel Anthony perhaps?

Do you know what stacked means? A team consisting of like 3 all-stars is not more stacked than a team consisting of many more all-stars....

That was the best the big 3 ever was/will be (super motivated with no injuries).

Not stacked, but definitely the best big 3 a team has had in the last 15 years.

La Frescobaldi
11-04-2013, 07:56 PM
That was the best the big 3 ever was/will be (super motivated with no injuries).

Not stacked, but definitely the best big 3 a team has had in the last 15 years.

Last 15 years goes back to '98 which makes that debatable. '98 Bulls vs. 201x Heat? That's Pippen Rodman & Jordan right there. 2000 or 2001 Lakers? I think the Lakers would win that matchup even though they didn't have a big three, per see. Paint is the Heat's weakness and they would have no answer at all for the Big Load.

That best big 3 ever, might be Kareem/ Magic/Worthy. I fear the Heat big 3 cannot match those guys. No. Now a few years earlier Wade.... different story, but again Heat weakness in the key gets exposed. Kareem is unmatched and unmatchable. Some of those '80s Celtics would also have a thing or two to say about it.
Not saying it would be a blowout though.

Older squads, '66-'68 Sixers, or '60s Celtics, or 1970-73 Knicks were more all-round greatness at every position (and coaching too), not just a big 3. In those days of no free agency and very very few trades.... those really were some stacked teams.

Those Knicks teams were just unbelievably great. HoF Dollar Bill Bradley & HoF Clyde Frazier, HoF Earl Monroe, HoF Willis Reed, HoF Jerry Lucas, HoF Dave DeBusschere, Dean Memminger, shoot keep right on going down the bench with Henry Bibby, Phil Jackson, Dick Barnett.... that is stacked beyond stacked. That's epic level of stacking.
You know who reminds me in a lot of ways of Phil Jackson on the court? Birdman.

...... So... OP, maybe most stacked in your lifetime but not ours.

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Last 15 years goes back to '98 which makes that debatable. '98 Bulls vs. 201x Heat? That's Pippen Rodman & Jordan right there. 2000 or 2001 Lakers? I think the Lakers would win that matchup even though they didn't have a big three, per see. Paint is the Heat's weakness and they would have no answer at all for the Big Load.

That best big 3 ever, might be Kareem/ Magic/Worthy. I fear the Heat big 3 cannot match those guys. No. Now a few years earlier Wade.... different story, but again Heat weakness in the key gets exposed. Kareem is unmatched and unmatchable. Some of those '80s Celtics would also have a thing or two to say about it.
Not saying it would be a blowout though.

Older squads, '66-'68 Sixers, or '60s Celtics, or 1970-73 Knicks were more all-round greatness at every position (and coaching too), not just a big 3. In those days of no free agency and very very few trades.... those really were some stacked teams.

Those Knicks teams were just unbelievably great. HoF Dollar Bill Bradley & HoF Clyde Frazier, HoF Earl Monroe, HoF Willis Reed, HoF Jerry Lucas, HoF Dave DeBusschere, Dean Memminger, shoot keep right on going down the bench with Henry Bibby, Phil Jackson, Dick Barnett.... that is stacked beyond stacked. That's epic level of stacking.
You know who reminds me in a lot of ways of Phil Jackson on the court? Birdman.

...... So... OP, maybe most stacked in your lifetime but not ours.

That's why I say the last 15 years, 14 if you want to count a 98 Bulls team almost out of fuel vs the Heat guys.

I also agree that even though the Lakers don't have that 3rd superstar they would defeat the Heat.

SpecialQue
11-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Hmmm....

francesco totti
11-14-2013, 06:12 PM
pauk, the jinxmaster :bowdown:

Teanett
11-14-2013, 06:47 PM
last years knicks team was pretty stacked... oh well

kidd
jr
melo
rasheed
k-mart
stat
chandler

HomieWeMajor
11-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Pauk trolling ISH straight from his shack in Sarajevo

NumberSix
11-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Do the Nets have the most stacked roster of big names? Sure, they probably do. Not of actual players though. Some people are basing the "stacked" concept on what many of the players used to be, not what they currently are.

kNicKz
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM

Watchout league....

:roll: :roll: :bowdown: :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
11-16-2013, 10:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :bowdown: :roll:

"Next thing you know, a 6'7 point guard comes in, DPOY level Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson"

2013 AK47= DPOY level defender. Pauk you tellin us a washed up AK is on the same level defensively as prime Lebron? :roll:

You would have thought they had Magic, Worthy and Scott coming off the bench.

BallsOut
11-16-2013, 10:20 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grey Dawn
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Ahahahahhahaha

Yeah, a well stacked museum.

And don't try to say people are just burning with revisionist history, several posts respond right when this was made about how over-the-hill bums doesn't count as stacked.

Big Cheese
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
they are the most stacked turd I have ever seen.

Nick Young
11-17-2013, 01:10 PM
biggest fail team in NBA history! Get them a real head coach!

I<3NBA
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
you give this team Popovich and they are scary!

pauk
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PFN2An9nLr8/UOSsWZd9rRI/AAAAAAAAEP0/KELPVU9QQpg/s1600/oh-come-on.gif

But seriously, they sure have not got it together yet, we shall see later especially in the playoffs (if they get to playoffs?!).... and Jason Kidd, is not the coaching this team needs imo...

TheCorporation
11-21-2013, 03:11 AM
they are the most stacked turd I have ever seen.

To be fair though, a lot of teams can be stacked but still lose. A few that come to mind:

Wilt and West
James Wade Bosh 2011
Shaq Malone Payton Kobe Lakers
Kobe Nash Howard Gasol
Nets 2013 etc.

Eric Cartman
11-21-2013, 03:43 AM

To be fair though, a lot of teams can be stacked but still lose. A few that come to mind:

Wilt and West
James Wade Bosh 2011
Shaq Malone Payton Kobe Lakers
Kobe Nash Howard Gasol
Nets 2013 etc.

rockets with barkley olajuwon and drexler then later pippen

HomieWeMajor
11-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Rumours going around BK that KG and Paul Pierce will retire at the AS break if they are not in a playoff seed.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 04:14 AM
http://www.kenoki.com/images/antonio-banderas-ooo.gif

pauk
11-21-2013, 04:40 AM
"Next thing you know, a 6'7 point guard comes in, DPOY level Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson"

2013 AK47= DPOY level defender. Pauk you tellin us a washed up AK is on the same level defensively as prime Lebron? :roll:

You would have thought they had Magic, Worthy and Scott coming off the bench.

I always thought and still think Andrei is one of the best & versatile defenders in the NBA.

Artillery
11-21-2013, 07:02 AM
you give this team Popovich and they are scary!

Popovich is not going to turn weak-minded Deron into a competent point guard. Remember, Popvich comes from the Sloan school of coaching and Deron had him fired. Not to mention KG looks done and their entire roster looks like a mess.

It's amazing that people still continue to overrate teams like Brooklyn after the failure of the 2013 Lakers...the biggest disappointment in NBA history. Just because you assembled a group of old stars doesn't mean they're going to contend for a championship.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 11:06 AM
we should sticky this thread, shits hilarious :roll:

plowking
11-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Rumours going around BK that KG and Paul Pierce will retire at the AS break if they are not in a playoff seed.

That'd be the biggest bitch move. Would be hilarious. KG and Paul Pierce would never live it down.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2013, 11:20 AM
That'd be the biggest bitch move. Would be hilarious. KG and Paul Pierce would never live it down.

lololol, dudes jumping ship mid season left and right, quite the sight :oldlol:

eurobum
11-21-2013, 11:28 AM
So, the poster It's a VC3!!! is MIA or what?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9048892&postcount=10

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahuuuuhuhuhhuhahaha

TheCorporation
11-22-2013, 03:14 AM
So, the poster It's a VC3!!! is MIA or what?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9048892&postcount=10

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahuuuuhuhuhhuhahaha

hawkfan
11-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Kidd should be playing Lopez, Blatche, Plumlee and Evans and sit out Garnett.
It's better to play the young guys and save Garnett for the playoffs.

Trentknicks
11-22-2013, 04:46 AM
Can you imagine Pierce pulling this and trying to make it look semi-innocent.

http://lostangelesblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/paul-pierce-finals-injury-psp-wallpaper.jpg

miggyme1
11-22-2013, 05:06 AM
The 03-04 lakers were pretty stacked.the miami so far this year looked pretu stacked with the emergence of beasley. Being stacked is overrated tho. The 03-04 lakers proved that. I thought that team was destined to make playoff bball history. 16-0 or was the first round still 3 out of 5 back then?

niko
11-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Kidd should be playing Lopez, Blatche, Plumlee and Evans and sit out Garnett.
It's better to play the young guys and save Garnett for the playoffs.
People keep saying this. If you can't play 20 minutes in the regular season, how would you play more in the playoffs? He looks old already. And if you don't play in the regular season, you can't be Garnett, spiritual leader.

STATUTORY
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM

:roll: :roll: the exact type of punk ass bitchmade move i would expect from paul pierce and i guess KG has been spending too much time with that fool

pauk
11-22-2013, 10:15 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/homer-disappearing-gif.gif

Real Men Wear Green
11-22-2013, 10:31 AM
It's really stupid to condemn pierce and kg for a rumor getting reported nowhere without even a link. But don't let that stop you.

niko
11-22-2013, 12:28 PM
It's really stupid to condemn pierce and kg for a rumor getting reported nowhere without even a link. But don't let that stop you.
People I know who do business with the Nets (insurance) say Pierce is having a great time in NY, that his attitude couldn't be any better (from what they have seen). That he absolutely loves it here. Garnett is the grouchy one but that's him.

Fresh Kid
11-22-2013, 01:23 PM
:roll: :applause: :cheers:

Fresh Kid
11-22-2013, 01:25 PM
how can you be that stacked, and be garbage at tha same time tho?:lol

kNicKz
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Boston fans that were pretending to be Nets fans are now slowly trying to creep back to rooting for Boston

An epic sight indeed

Fresh Kid
11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Boston fans that were pretending to be Nets fans are now slowly trying to creep back to rooting for Boston

An epic sight indeed
thats what they get:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2013, 02:32 PM

An epic sight indeed

:roll: :roll: :roll:

CelticBaller
11-22-2013, 03:15 PM

An epic sight indeed
I'd love to see these guys, because i am sure as hell don't remember. **** I'd still want the Nets to go to the finals but fvck they are patehtic

pauk
11-22-2013, 11:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3480/3907517686_e2e2c3acc5_o.gif

LONGTIME
11-22-2013, 11:47 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jason-kidd-car-accident.jpg

ClutchOver9000
11-23-2013, 12:57 AM

An epic sight indeed

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Good to see pauk still doesnt know sh1t about basketball history or current basketball but he will pretend like he does:roll: :roll: :roll:

plowking
11-23-2013, 01:17 AM
I still think this team will put it together. Just my opinion, but even with their age, they're extremely talented and just dealing with a tonne of injuries at the same time.

Brook Lopez is undoubtedly their most important player, and you also have D Will sitting out. Its obviously going to be tough adjusting.

ProfessorMurder
11-23-2013, 01:31 AM

An epic sight indeed

The f*ck are you talking about? No C's fan on here jumped ship. Most of us just said we'd be happy if KG and Pierce won again and we'd watch some Nets this year.

TonyMontana
11-23-2013, 01:51 AM
The reason the Nets suck is because KG is playing like ASS. 6 PPG and 7 RPG and his defense is leaving a lot to be desired. Without KG playing like the KG we are accustomed to, this team isn't scary at all. And KG isn't playing anything like KG. He's a nice name, but the impact is not there thus I don't ever expect this team to ever become anything more than a .500 ballclub this season. They'll get in the playoffs regardless though just because of how many eastern teams are trying to tank.

BallsOut
11-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Watchout league....

Hoopz2332
11-24-2013, 05:02 PM

An epic sight indeed

outbreak
11-24-2013, 05:16 PM
The nets annoy the hell out of me. I like pretty much their whole line up besides Deron Williams but the marketing, stealing the spurs uniform, the horrible stadium, the logo that looks like a juniors team are just embarrassing.

Honestly though as fun as it is to see them lose I think they will put it together later in the season. A team with this much talent really shouldn't be this bad all season. I expect they make the play offs and cause some head aches for the real contenders.

Mr. Jabbar
11-24-2013, 05:56 PM
pauk :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Fresh Kid
11-24-2013, 06:10 PM
pauk :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
dat fortune tellin' motha phucka of a genius:applause: :cheers: .................................:roll:

pauk
11-24-2013, 06:34 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/You-Didnt-See-Anything-Madagascar.gif

imnew09
11-24-2013, 09:26 PM
waiting for that thousand words essay on the Nets :lol

hawkfan
11-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Blowing up the roster increases with every loss.

hawksdogsbraves
11-24-2013, 11:37 PM
God I can't wait until the Nets get us a top 3 pick. I wanted us to tank before this season, but now I'm content sliding into the playoffs and letting these bums tank for us :cheers:

HomieWeMajor
12-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Watchout league....
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mpae69.jpg

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 09:41 AM
most stacked bitches:roll:

Jlamb47
12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
most stacked bitches:roll:

LMAO knicks are one of the worst teams -_- Nets have a better record then yal. Looks like Knicks are the bishes

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
LMAO knicks are one of the worst teams -_- Nets have a better record then yal. Looks like Knicks are the bishes
um tonight after we destroy the magic we will have a better record stupid:rolleyes: and knicks iz on that comeback of tha season watch and you heard it from me first:applause:

FiveRings
12-06-2013, 10:15 AM

O rly Pauk?

It's A VC3!!!
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
so far in these last two pages of bumps i haven't seen on fan of a good team in here. just haters whose team sucks. nothing else really. also, these predictions are not far fetched. if we had a better coach and better luck health wise at the start of the season, we would've made the pieces work. we replace gerald and reggie with paul and kevin. that should in no way translate to 5-14. the pieces could've worked had they been better utilized. but kidd is going to keep sitting down and drinking his cola while watching this team suck.

CelticBaller
12-06-2013, 10:19 AM
so far in these last two pages of bumps i haven't seen on fan of a good team in here. just haters whose team sucks. nothing else really. also, these predictions are not far fetched. if we had a better coach and better luck health wise at the start of the season, we would've made the pieces work. we replace gerald and reggie with paul and kevin. that should in no way translate to 5-14. the pieces could've worked had they been better utilized. but kidd is going to keep sitting down and drinking his cola while watching this team suck.
I am here, and my team is leading the division. :no:

niko
12-06-2013, 10:24 AM
You also haven't seen any fans of worse teams. :lol

It's A VC3!!!
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
You also haven't seen any fans of worse teams. :lol
oh trust me, i know. a utah jazz fan can come in here and the nets would still be worse. it really is mind numbing. say what you want about age and coaches. there should be absolutely no way this team is 5-14. no freaking way. just joe johnson and brook lopez together should be good enough to be a playoff team right now. i suspect a major change within the next month. frank will work a buyout, kidd will be fired, lionel hollins will be brought in.

Real Men Wear Green
12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
I am here, and my team is leading the division. :no:
The Celtic Atlantic Division Dynasty continues. And with all the first round picks coming from Brooklyn over the next few years they might even become a good team.

niko
12-06-2013, 10:32 AM
oh trust me, i know. a utah jazz fan can come in here and the nets would still be worse. it really is mind numbing. say what you want about age and coaches. there should be absolutely no way this team is 5-14. no freaking way. just joe johnson and brook lopez together should be good enough to be a playoff team right now. i suspect a major change within the next month. frank will work a buyout, kidd will be fired, lionel hollins will be brought in.
Let me tell you what i tell the Knick fans who want Woodson gone, you can't bring in an off roster coach and expect things to be great. They have no offseason, no time to implement their system. You are basically giving up the season. Even at this early time.

It's A VC3!!!
12-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Let me tell you what i tell the Knick fans who want Woodson gone, you can't bring in an off roster coach and expect things to be great. They have no offseason, no time to implement their system. You are basically giving up the season. Even at this early time.
Trust me. I know how the trend goes. "We're only five games into the season".
"We're only 10 games into the season.....then only 15....then only 25...then only 35...then only first half of the season....and then you realize that you are the same exact team as you were on the first day of the season. If the Nets were great on defense and crappy on offense then I would understand because Deron would help the offense. However, our defensive woes, rebounding woes, turnover woes and energy woes are something that will be a detriment 50 games from now as well. That's what people are failing to realize. The other things will get fixed when players return. The aspects I mentioned won't.

kurple
12-06-2013, 10:45 AM
firing a coach can often give the team a much needed boost. like it did with the knicks when they fired MDA

niko
12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
firing a coach can often give the team a much needed boost. like it did with the knicks when they fired MDA
Yeah but they replaced him with someone on the roster. Lionel Hollins has a scheme he wants to run, and assistants he'd need. With no training camp. Would he even want the job? It's a roster that it's title worthy, with an owner who wants a title. It's like the Knicks, the fans want JVG to jump in. Would he? Maybe, but not in mid season 10 games under 500.

kurple
12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
a team wanting a regular season boost should hire GK (Cleveland, Pelicans, Nets), his "system" takes 45minutes to learn

CavaliersFTW
01-22-2014, 03:40 PM
classic thread :D

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Who is laughing now jackasses?

CavaliersFTW
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
20-25 record, from ...the most stacked team of our lifetime? :confusedshrug: :lol

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
20-25 record, from ...the most stacked team of our lifetime? :confusedshrug: :lol
Cavs....:lol Lebron is a FA soon, Lebron Durant, in black? LMAO at cavs....

Dave3
02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Why would you bump this after losing 3 in a row?:wtf: If you bumped it a week ago you could've at least said "almost .500"

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Why would you bump this after losing 3 in a row?:wtf: If you bumped it a week ago you could've at least said "almost .500"
Nets winning at a 75% clip in 2014. Without the starters. That's stacked.

Read the tread.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Niko, Kurple talking about firing Kidd. Fire your own coaches. Kidd showing his brilliance.

CavaliersFTW
02-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Nets winning at a 75% clip in 2014. Without the starters. That's stacked.

Read the tread.
^---- Pauk alt

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Last game was bad referees. And OKC was just them being hot. Durant only missed 1, that's not normal, that's lucky. If Pierce did that we win.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
^---- Pauk alt
Does Payk live in Brooklyn? Want proof? It;s snowing.

Dave3
02-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Last game was bad referees. And OKC was just them being hot. Durant only missed 1, that's not normal, that's lucky. If Pierce did that we win.
And if DeRozan was Jordan we'd be 20 games above .500. Reality>Hypothetical. You're unlikely to make it past the first round, and you're not getting past either Miami or Indiana. For a "stacked" team, that's not a successful season. Barring any playoff miracles (where Pierce turns into Durant), this thread isn't bumpable this year.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
And if DeRozan was Jordan we'd be 20 games above .500. Reality>Hypothetical. You're unlikely to make it past the first round, and you're not getting past either Miami or Indiana. For a "stacked" team, that's not a successful season. Barring any playoff miracles (where Pierce turns into Durant), this thread isn't bumpable this year.

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/paul-pierce-thank-you-boston-570x377.jpg

Pierce won a title, Durant has not.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/cbstian/108d1173789610-hot-girls-sexy_14.jpg
AL tHORTON THE MAn.

Legends66NBA7
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
And if DeRozan was Jordan we'd be 20 games above .500.

He was very Jordan-esque vs Portland on saturday. Best half of his career.

In losing efforts, I would say it was better than the Ross 51 point game in context.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM

In losing efforts, I would say it was better than the Ross 51 point game in context.
We coming for you.

Legends66NBA7
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
We coming for you.

I know you are. Come at as full strength.

brooklynsfinest
02-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I know you are. Come at as full strength.

Nets in first place by March, book it.

Dave3
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM

He did play really well yeah, but that turnover :( Still though, can't fault him he brought us back (along with some nice Lowry 3s) against a top Western conference team, on the road, on a back to back. Call it a moral victory or whatever, but I wasn't too upset about this one after the initial disappointment of losing it in the last possession.

There was a thread literally just a month ago about how the Nets have turned over a new leaf and will easily take the division. This was a month ago and they were 3 games out of first. Today, a full month later, they're 4 games out of first. These claims are just funny to other people, because when you look at facts, they seem more delusional than anything. Again, this argument would've sounded much better than you were 9-1 in your last 10, not on a 3 game losing streak. You should time these things better.

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
probably

imdaman99
03-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Great thread, I've been wrong all season :bowdown:

Beat them in the playoffs too please :cheers:

I<3NBA
03-12-2014, 11:44 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/cbstian/108d1173789610-hot-girls-sexy_14.jpg
AL tHORTON THE MAn.
damn. who is this girl? please tell me her name.

CavaliersFTW
03-26-2014, 04:12 PM

brooklynsfinest
03-26-2014, 04:14 PM
We had a million injuries and we are the best team in the east. This thread is right. Thanks for tthe bump.

smoovegittar
03-26-2014, 06:37 PM
We had a million injuries and we are the best team in the east. This thread is right. Thanks for tthe bump.
Beat the Heat and you are the best team in the EAST. The Nets are hot right now, but it all is settled if you win it all.

Uncle Drew
03-26-2014, 06:41 PM
13 games behind

jimmy77x
03-26-2014, 06:43 PM

http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/b/b2/900x900px-LL-b26b62ab_kermit-bale-nod.gif

CavaliersFTW
08-08-2014, 01:21 AM

Watchout league....:oldlol:

Real14
08-08-2014, 01:22 AM
http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/b/b2/900x900px-LL-b26b62ab_kermit-bale-nod.gif
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CavaliersFTW
10-22-2014, 09:16 PM

Nets fan 93
10-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Lol

I<3NBA
10-23-2014, 01:26 AM
this crashed and burned pretty quickly :lol

but KG changing the culture of Nets is more epic :lol

pauk
10-23-2014, 01:46 AM
ouch, yea... they didnt turn out anywhere that good indeed...

JT123
10-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Nothing wrong with this thread, the Nets were stacked. They had one of the best records in the league after January 1st, they just ran into the greatness that is Lebron James. :pimp:
If Lebron had gotten hurt in the first round or something there is a very realistic chance that the Nets would have gone to the Finals and won the whole thing.

imnew09
10-23-2014, 01:58 AM

nor any of your posts

j3lademaster
10-23-2014, 02:16 AM
If Lebron had gotten hurt in the first round or something there is a very realistic chance that the Nets would have gone to the Finals and won the whole thing.:roll: :roll: :roll:

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2014, 02:24 AM

http://s1.postimg.org/lk7n1jkuz/abbort.png

pauk
10-23-2014, 04:04 AM
nor any of your posts

Says mr. lebronhatingkobejockstrapridingtroll