PDA

View Full Version : CP3 basically had Derrick Rose's career highs in a single game

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Besides the rebounding

Derrick Rose' career highs
42 points, "44 if includes playoffs" 17 assists, 6 steals and

http://www.landofbasketball.com/nbaplayers/derrick_rose.htm

CP3 last night
42/15/6

:wtf:

Haymaker
11-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Rose is a good scorer, but nothing else I'm afraid. His playmaking skills are average, his defense is average, he's an average rebounder for his position.

gts
11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
and your point is?

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 10:40 AM
and your point is?

That's amazing

CelticBaller
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
CPGOD :bowdown:

I.R.Beast
11-01-2013, 10:52 AM
And derick Basically did 2 things cp3 never did in his career in 1 season... win MVP and go to the ECF

nathanjizzle
11-01-2013, 11:16 AM
rose's game high is 44 (and thats with rose leaving the game 6 minutes into the 4th). and cp3 has been in the league 2 more years than him. and at this point rose is in his prime he could crack 50 this year.

tmacattack33
11-01-2013, 11:23 AM
And derick Basically did 2 things cp3 never did in his career in 1 season... win MVP and go to the ECF

Yes and he choked big time in that ECF.

Chris Paul's 2008 playoff run was better than anything Rose has ever done in the playoffs.

You know what, even Chris Paul's 2011 playoff run was more impressive than anything Rose has done in the playoffs. They took LA to 6 games when they had no business doing so and CP3 was playing great.

nathanjizzle
11-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Yes and he choked big time in that ECF.

Chris Paul's 2008 playoff run was better than anything Rose has ever done in the playoffs.

You know what, even Chris Paul's 2011 playoff run was more impressive than anything Rose has done in the playoffs. They took LA to 6 games when they had no business doing so and CP3 was playing great.

you probably didnt watch rose in 2008 vs the celtics.

TylerOO
11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't like Chris Paul but he was biblical last night

crunk-juice
11-01-2013, 11:35 AM
CP3?

try CPP. because all he sees is pee-pees.

****ing owned.

East_Stone_Ya
11-01-2013, 11:38 AM
CP3?

try CPP. because all he sees is pee-pees.

****ing owned.

what?

crunk-juice
11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
what?

that's the point.

CJ Mustard
11-01-2013, 11:59 AM
you probably didnt watch rose in 2008 vs the celtics.
Where Rondo averaged a triple double on him? That was 2009.

Haymaker
11-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't like Chris Paul but he was biblical last night

:oldlol:

nathanjizzle
11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Where Rondo averaged a triple double on him? That was 2009.

where d rose tied the record for most points scored by a rookie debut in the playoffs. i believe it was either wilt or jabbar was the tie.

Wally450
11-01-2013, 12:29 PM
The series where Big Baby was starting at PF instead of KG?

Don't expect those numbers if KG is playing.

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 12:44 PM
where d rose tied the record for most points scored by a rookie debut in the playoffs. i believe it was either wilt or jabbar was the tie.

I was watching that game:cheers:

longtime lurker
11-01-2013, 01:01 PM

Lol /end thread

tmacattack33
11-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Lol /end thread

If you seriously believe that, this thread is indeed over because you should not be a part of this discussion.

1. CP3's 2008 season was better than Rose's 2011 season.

2. Rose's teammates got to the second round twice without him. He took them one round further than what they can do without him.

Chris Paul's team did not even make the playoffs without him.

longtime lurker
11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
If you seriously believe that, this thread is indeed over because you should not be a part of this discussion.

2. Rose's teammates got to the second round twice without him. He took them one round further than what they can do without him.

What did he say that wasn't true? Rose has an MVP and has gotten further in the playoffs than Chris Paul. You want another fact, Chris Pauls teammates have gotten farther without him on other teams. and they weren't coat tail riding they were actually putting in work.

joeyjoejoe
11-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Tmac is right though cp's 08 run was more impressive then anything rose has done

tmacattack33
11-01-2013, 02:25 PM
What did he say that wasn't true? Rose has an MVP and has gotten further in the playoffs than Chris Paul. You want another fact, Chris Pauls teammates have gotten farther without him on other teams. and they weren't coat tail riding they were actually putting in work.

That is one of the strangest arguments I've ever heard.

It's great that David West got to the ECF with Indiana last year...or Peja back in the day with C-Webb and Bibby. That is hardly relevant though.

longtime lurker
11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
That is one of the strangest arguments I've ever heard.

It's great that David West got to the ECF with Indiana last year...or Peja back in the day with C-Webb and Bibby. That is hardly relevant though.

Actually I'm talking about David West and Tyson Chandler you know the guy that was defensive player of the year and won a championship...I'm not even counting Peja because he wasn't that productive by the time he played on the Hornets. I just find it funny that Chris Paul's teammates always get trashed but they are more successful without him than when they were playing together in their prime with him. Blake Griffin was the next great PF, then Chris Paul comes along and then he's regressed into a horrible 2nd option.

salwan
11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
cp3 pre-knee-injury > rose.

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 02:54 PM
You need to score 43 points when your man torches you for 36, smh.

guy
11-01-2013, 02:54 PM

They did once? not twice.

MP.Trey
11-01-2013, 02:58 PM
CP3 was playing geeat D for the most part. Did you see the shots Curry was hitting?

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
CP3 was playing geeat D for the most part. Did you see the shots Curry was hitting?

I don't care what shots he was hitting you can't say you played geeat D if your man scores 35+ on better than 50% shooting.

SpecialQue
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Am I the only one who scanned this thread for a Demons appearance?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Am I the only one who scanned this thread for a Demons appearance?
No.

MP.Trey
11-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't care what shots he was hitting you can't say you played geeat D if your man scores 35+ on better than 50% shooting.
That's why I said "for the most part", he was contesting most shots (which were still 3-4 feet behind the 3pt line) and forced his man into 11 TO's. Not worth shaking your head over at all in my opinion. Nice stab with the typo though. I deserved it. :lol

aj1987
11-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Lets ignore the 11 turnovers, shall we?

@longtime ******, Did CP3 stop Chandler from being the DPOY? Did CP3 force Griffin to grab less boards and play horrible defense?

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 03:46 PM

CP3 was the main reason Curry had so many turnovers too which converted into wide open dunks for the Clippers

nightprowler10
11-01-2013, 03:59 PM
CP3 had an incredible game, and he's an incredible player. I've always had a soft spot for him and was pissed off when he didn't win the '08 MVP. I am very glad to see him back to being athletic over the last year or so and am very happy to see him have such a big game. :applause:

You can't really compare him to Rose. Two very different players. The better comparison is D-Will, who he ****s on.

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 04:08 PM
CP3 was the main reason Curry had so many turnovers too which converted into wide open dunks for the Clippers

Acknowledged, that his d was disruptive but I think 11 tos were more of a team thing and a bad game managing the ball for Curry....my point stands. Curry shot better than 50% with 36+ points to while he had a great game I [personally] can't say he played great d with Curry spraying j's in his face like that.

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Chris Paul has never won against a Derrick Rose team. In fact, he owned him quite badly in one meeting.

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
That's why I said "for the most part", he was contesting most shots (which were still 3-4 feet behind the 3pt line) and forced his man into 11 TO's. Not worth shaking your head over at all in my opinion. Nice stab with the typo though. I deserved it. :lol
I see your pov but imho great defense is holding your man below his averages and not letting him get off on you like that.

longtime lurker
11-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Lets ignore the 11 turnovers, shall we?

@longtime ******, Did CP3 stop Chandler from being the DPOY? Did CP3 force Griffin to grab less boards and play horrible defense?

Lol someone sounds butt hurt. The point is when are people going to stop blaming everybody else and start looking at Chris Paul beyond just the numbers. You can't say he hasn't had talent around him especially when that talent has been successful without him. The guy gets so many passes that he's reaching Lebron status now you're really mad :lol . This year is either put up or shut up. I'll never doubt he's a great player but I laugh when he's reached top 3 PG status without any real success.

Thechosen1
11-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Chris Paul has never won against a Derrick Rose team. In fact, he owned him quite badly in one meeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2xMAFUQHk

u sure?

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2xMAFUQHk

u sure?
I'm sure Derrick Rose wasn't playing that game:facepalm

brandonislegend
11-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I would take CP3 over Drose 9/10 times.

KingBeasley08
11-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Chris Paul is a much better player than Rose. No doubt about that. Paul is a top 3 PG of all time. Rose, nikka please :roll:

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Chris Paul is a much better player than Rose. No doubt about that. Paul is a top 3 PG of all time. Rose, nikka please :roll:
Said "King Beasley." You still mad your boy Beas ain't pan out to shit huh?

HurricaneKid
11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
CP3 has led the league in playoff PER 3 of the last 6 years.

DRose led the league in games chosen not to play when healthy while his teammates were shortening their careers shooting up their feet (Noah), and getting spinal taps (Deng) to play.

Unbiased_one
11-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I see your pov but imho great defense is holding your man below his averages and not letting him get off on you like that.

this is one of the most ignorant posts I've read on this board (and that's saying a lot)

KingBeasley08
11-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Said "King Beasley." You still mad your boy Beas ain't pan out to shit huh?
:lol what does Beasley have anything to do with the topic at hand? we talking rose and cp3 here and I gave my 2 cents

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Acknowledged, that his d was disruptive but I think 11 tos were more of a team thing and a bad game managing the ball for Curry....my point stands. Curry shot better than 50% with 36+ points to while he had a great game I [personally] can't say he played great d with Curry spraying j's in his face like that.

Curry is a tough cover.

Curry actually outplays Rose when they go head to head

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=curryst01

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 06:49 PM
:lol what does Beasley have anything to do with the topic at hand? we talking rose and cp3 here and I gave my 2 cents
The same thing Derrick Rose has to do with CP3's big game. Your hate for Rose is evident.

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 06:51 PM
this is one of the most ignorant posts I've read on this board (and that's saying a lot)
My opinion, which is not stated as a fact but a value based assessment is not ignorant. It is commonplace that you did not do a good job of holding a person defensively if they score 20+ points over their career average, smh:facepalm

Go Getter
11-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Curry is a tough cover.

Curry actually outplays Rose when they go head to head

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=curryst01
And this has to do with the fact that Curry scored 36 on CP3 how? My point is you can't say someone stuck GREAT D when they gave up 36 points. I think that is logical....

knicksman
11-01-2013, 08:11 PM

yet his team won 1 game against the heat last season same wins with him in the lineup. And his team still got the no. 1 seed despite him playing crap last last season. Talk about overrated. Same player as iverson

compared to cp3 whose team got nowhere without him

RoseCity07
11-01-2013, 08:23 PM
He's wasting his best basketball right now. That Clipper team is not good enough to win a championship. Griffin is not going to work himself into a superstar. He will never play the effective defense or possess the elite post moves of a Tim Duncan.

CP3 needs another star. I hope He can hook up with a team like Indiana. If Indiana had Chris Paul they would be the favorite to win it all.

KingBeasley08
11-01-2013, 09:10 PM
The same thing Derrick Rose has to do with CP3's big game. Your hate for Rose is evident.
I stated that CP3 is the best PG in the game and this thread is comparing these 2 PGs. Please refrain from trolling

aj1987
11-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Lol someone sounds butt hurt. The point is when are people going to stop blaming everybody else and start looking at Chris Paul beyond just the numbers. You can't say he hasn't had talent around him especially when that talent has been successful without him. The guy gets so many passes that he's reaching Lebron status now you're really mad :lol . This year is either put up or shut up. I'll never doubt he's a great player but I laugh when he's reached top 3 PG status without any real success.
Sorry for being immature in my previous post.
I don't care about CP3 and I do think that he gets overrated a bit, but the guy puts up better numbers in the postseason, compared to the regular season. It's also not his fault that Chandler wasn't a DPOY level player or that Griffin can't play defense to save his life.
The guy out up 24/11/5/2 in the '08 playoffs. You can't expect anything more from a 6 foot pg.

TheMarkMadsen
11-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Kobes basically eclipsed Lebron career high + his career average in ONE game

Bernard king scored more than Lebron & Wades career highs in one game

Does this make him a better player?

Dumb thread

Pointguard
11-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Great game by Paul and hopefully he will get up for other PG matchups. If CP3 can stay motivated he can win MVP.

But put things in context, it was an 80 point shootout on his own court. Very different if he blows Curry out the water but Curry scored 17 points in the 4th quarter and had only 4 less points overall. In a shootout Curry will probably beat anybody in the league so props to CP3 on that. Cause Curry can flat out go. I assure you in the next meeting in GS, Curry is going to go bananas and I will be shocked if there is going to be a four point differential. Its fool's gold if you think Paul can score with Curry consistently. He definitely can outplay Curry consistently though. Their game is their game and its different.

Great to see duels at PG. An 80 point shootout is likely to only happen between these two and maybe Lillard. Rose, Rondo, Westbrook and DWill aren't likely to be in such a contest.

longtime lurker
11-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Sorry for being immature in my previous post.
I don't care about CP3 and I do think that he gets overrated a bit, but the guy puts up better numbers in the postseason, compared to the regular season. It's also not his fault that Chandler wasn't a DPOY level player or that Griffin can't play defense to save his life.
The guy out up 24/11/5/2 in the '08 playoffs. You can't expect anything more from a 6 foot pg.

Hey man I respect the fact that you're man enough to apologize :cheers: I have no horse in the race between CP3 and Rose. I like both of their games and in all honesty would take Rondo over both in the playoffs. I just think CP3 gets a lot of passes that other players wouldn't get and numbers don't always tell the whole story. Anyways I think we can all admit Clippers are championship or bust this year so we'll see what happens.

GatorKid117
11-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Heres all of Curry's 3 point FGs from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRfsy1r0H0

Reason why doing head to head point comparisons is stupid.

Greg Oden 50
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM

cp3 plays in tough west while rose plays in weak east

Bigsmoke
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Kobes basically eclipsed Lebron career high + his career average in ONE game

Bernard king scored more than Lebron & Wades career highs in one game

Does this make him a better player?

Dumb thread

I'm more praising CP3s stat line than saying he is better than Derrick Rose

ninephive
11-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Wake me up when one of them goes for 55 like TP9.

joeyjoejoe
11-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Both shit on parker

ninephive
11-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Both shit on parker
Great argument.

joeyjoejoe
11-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Why thankyou

Fiasco
11-02-2013, 12:53 AM
He's wasting his best basketball right now. That Clipper team is not good enough to win a championship. Griffin is not going to work himself into a superstar. He will never play the effective defense or possess the elite post moves of a Tim Duncan.

CP3 needs another star. I hope He can hook up with a team like Indiana. If Indiana had Chris Paul they would be the favorite to win it all.

lmao who's the star in Indiana?