PDA

View Full Version : Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Let's get it on!

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Oklahoma City won 60 games last season and finished as the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.

All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook was injured in the first round of the playoffs, however, and the Thunder were beaten in five games by Memphis in the conference semifinals.

Westbrook underwent surgery last spring. He had a second surgery on Oct 1 and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks of the new season.

Corbin still believes Oklahoma City "will be right there at the end" because "they are a still a good ballclub. ... With Westbrook out, Durant will increase his role as a ballhandler. The ball will be in his hands more."

luhm@sltrib.com

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE]Thunder at Jazz

At EnergySolutions Arena

Tipoff

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Posted on October 29, 2013

by David Locke

This week Kevin Durant sat down for a long form interview with Oklahoman writer Darnell Mayberry. In the interview he shared how his approach to the game has changed over the years.

The first paragraph below struck a cord when put in the context of where Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Alec Burks and Enes Kanter stand in there careers.

But, first coming into the league, I was a little confused because it

Xiao Yao You
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE]What the games against the Clippers and Lakers showed me is just how badly we needed to sign Jamaal Tinsley. We know he

insidehoops
10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
I can't wait to see how Derrick Favors emerges
Wonder if he can earn that contract

Out_In_Utah
10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm also excited for Favors, but I want Wiggins more than anything right now.

El Kabong
10-31-2013, 01:39 AM
Decent starts for Favors (too many turnovers though) and Kanter. Big game from Burks as well, hopefully he can keep it up.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 01:48 AM
I assume Favors was dominating defensively because on paper it looks like Kanter, Burks, Harris and Jefferson should have been playing more.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Strong effort from the Jazz tonight. The second half defense was terrific. They held the #2 team in the NBA offensively last year to just 84.6 pts per 100 possessions.

Not # 2 without Westbrook.

[QUOTE] The defensive rebounding was the key they grabbed 20 of 22 potential defensive rebounds in the 2nd half. Rotations were great and the Thunder looked to wear down.
The well-travelled Mike Harris battled Kevin Durant every step of the way tonight. Harris came in due to foul trouble and injuries and took advantage. He has a ton of experience and life experience that makes him unflustered in a big moment. He has played all over the globe and just tried to hang on in the NBA. Tonight he battled defensive and made some shots.
Alec Burks scored 19 points in the second half and I don

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Look for Thunder to go small for 8 to 12 minutes tonight with Durant at the 4. Will be a key stretch for the Jazz to match- up and deal with a spread floor. Who guards Durant in this line-up. Ideally, Marvin Williams but he is not available.

Ideally Mike Harris it looks like. I can see G playing some 4. He's put on some muscle.

[QUOTE]* Scott Brooks had interesting comments about how Hayward and Favors are now the focus of their discussion in shoot around.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 01:59 AM
The Jazz and Hayward have until 9:59 p.m. MT on Thursday to reach a deal to extend the 23-year-old swingman

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 02:12 AM
The Chicago Bulls announced today the team has exercised its fourth-year option for the 2014-15 season for guard/forward Jimmy Butler, and its third-year option for the 2014-15 season for guard Marquis Teague. By exercising the respective player options, both players will be under contract with the Bulls for the 2014-15 season. NBA.com

I'd guess the Jazz would be less interested in Teague now that he's not expiring.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE]While Trey Burke

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE]I

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE]"Alec really carried us in the second half," said forward Richard Jefferson, who scored 10 points of his own. "We

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 05:11 AM
Jefferson, meanwhile, said he's been impressed by the demeanor of the team's young leaders.

"There is no exuberance. That is not the word I would [use to] describe Gordon, or Derrick or Enes," the 12-year veteran said. "They're very mild-mannered guys. They're very competitive. They're very aggressive. But they're not these kids bouncing off the walls. They're a different breed of guys. They're approaching this in a very professional manner, which is refreshing. They're approaching this like this is where they expected to be."

That comes from playing behind vets the past 2 and 3 years. That's why you don't just throw young guys into the fray. It's important to have vets around competing with them.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE]Coach Ty Corbin showed maturity by calling timeouts at key moments during the game and trusting the players who were hot both offensively and defensively. Corbin still doesn

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Only 10 healthy Utah players suited up, with three potential rotation players sitting out due to injury.

Aren't all the players sitting out potential rotation players?

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE]Burke will sit out what could

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Given all of this, there's plenty of reasons the Jazz should try to trade for Fredette. However, obtaining Fredette isn't a slam dunk by any means. He has his liabilities as well.

The biggest one being his defensive skills, or more accurately the lack thereof.

While Fredette has improved somewhat since joining the NBA, he isn't the best defender. You can't expect him to go toe-to-toe with great guards and hold his own. This is something that the Jazz can't simply look past as opposing offenses will attack Fredette the same way that they target him now at Sacramento.

The other big question is how much it would it cost to bring Fredette to Salt Lake City.

It doesn't seem like the Kings plan on using Fredette extensively this season as they have an overabundance of guards on their team, including Ben McLemore, Greivis Vasquez and Marcus Thornton.

That said, Sacramento isn't desperately trying to get rid of him either. The Jazz won't want to give up a first-round draft pick for Fredette as they seem to be focusing on picking up high-level young talent to rebuild their team. Would a second-round pick be enough to entice Sacramento to make a deal?

Maybe, but maybe not.

Sacramento still has until the rapidly approaching Oct. 31 deadline to decide whether to extend Fredette's contract under his year-four option valued at $3.3 million, according to the Sacramento Bee. That doesn't mean that the Kings can't still move Fredette after that, but it costs a team like Utah more to pick up Fredette than it would if he became an unrestricted free agent. Sacramento may extend Fredette's contract in hopes that he'll bring a more valuable player or draft pick in return.

So, the Jazz will be more likely to make a deal for Fredette if the Kings don't extend his contract.

All things considered, the Jazz should take a serious look at trading for Fredette. Despite his flaws, he will be an asset from the bench as well as a good economic investment for Utah if the price is right.

In other words, the pros would outweigh the cons.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE]Rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams piled up 22 points, 12 assists, nine steals and seven rebounds as Philadelphia raced to a 22-point lead against the two-time defending champions in a stunning 114-110 victory in their season opener at the Wells Fargo Center. It was the most steals by any player in a career debut in NBA history. Carter-Williams also committed just one turnover. "Are you kidding me?

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE] Burks singlehandledly brought the Jazz back late in the game. Even better, he showed an ability to contribute off the ball, something that

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE] Favors will give Utah its best rim protector since Mark Eaton

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 07:11 PM
According to a second person with knowledge of the situation, the Kings have received trade interest from about six teams about Fredette and, surprisingly, the Utah Jazz are not known to be among that group. The Jazz could use another perimeter scorer, and Fredette's popularity in that region would come as an added bonus at a time when they're rebuilding around young talents Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors. USA Today Sports

Marc J. Spears: "This is a business decision for the King and they are doing what they believe is best for the organization," Jimmer Fredette said. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Marc J. Spears: Jimmer Fredette continued: "I will continue to work hard and be the best I can be moving forward in my career." Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Not surprising if you've been paying attention. They wouldn't have signed Tinsley if they were going to go after Jimmer. I think he makes a lot of sesne but maybe the Jazz don't like the price that the Kings want in exchange?

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Jody Genessy: Trey Burke will be re-evaluated on Nov. 11 Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Marc Stein: Five hours to go before extension deadline hits, buzz around Jazz is that whole team absorbed by Gordon Hayward's ongoing extension talks

Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Marc Stein: Five hours to go before extension deadline hits, buzz around Jazz is that whole team absorbed by Gordon Hayward's ongoing extension talks

Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

They're dreaming!

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Extension talks between Utah and Gordon Hayward are over, league sources tell Yahoo. Hayward will be a restricted free agent on July 1. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Better hope he doesn't get hurt.

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Jazz and Gordon Hayward never came close on an extension, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. The gap remained several million dollars apart.

Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE]"Ultimately, we just couldn't reach a deal that both sides felt good about,

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Burke traveled to Arizona to be with his team for Friday's first road game against the Suns, but he’ll just be an attentive observer again. The Jazz will also be without Marvin Williams (Achilles), Brandon Rush (knee), Jeremy Evans (rotator cuff) and Andris Biedrins, although all will travel.

“It was definitely a bummer that I wasn’t out there,” Burke added, “but I’m looking forward to being out there.”

It’s still unknown how long Burke will be sidelined, but he was allowed to speak to reporters Thursday for the first time since having surgery on his fractured right index finger 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Instead of talking about his first game as a rookie, Burke explained the progress of his finger rehab the day after the 2013-14 season tipped off without him.

“Right now, I’m just trying to continue to get this strength back,” Burke said. “I’m almost there. I’m almost at a full fist.”

Though it was initially announced that Burke would be re-evaluated three weeks after his surgery, the point guard’s check-up will come a week later on Nov. 11.

So he's already behind schedule.

It will then be determined how long it will take before he can resume basketball activity and full workouts.

Burke continues to wear a special splint at night and during some conditioning (not allowed to run yet), but he’s allowed to take it off the rest of the time.

This is his first injury since the 21-year-old suffered a hairline fracture in his knee in middle school, forcing him to miss two months.

“It’s really tough, but injuries happen. That’s what happens in sports,” Burke said. “This is my first real injury of my career. Obviously I had to learn to deal with not being out there with my teammates. I’m staying positive. I’m doing a good job of trying to get back out there as quick as possible.”

In the meantime, Burke will continue to sit, watch and learn. He picks the brain of Jazz player development coach Johnnie Bryant. He watches film, especially to study “what we need to do on the offensive end.”

Burke is trying to make the most of his downtime.

“Just try to basically (make) it like I’m out there, learn from the sidelines since I can’t be out there,” he said. “I’m trying to do a good job of being more of a student right now.”

Speaking of a student, this No. 3 smiled when told by a reporter that a young elementary school kid dressed up as Burke in a makeshift Jazz jersey with the playmaker’s name on the back during a school costume parade.

“That’s amazing,” the real Burke said. “It’s always great to see young kids with dreams wearing your jersey. I was that little kid (one) day.”

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE]Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin can

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE]Starting point guard John Lucas III echoed his coach on the turnover topic.

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Harris has got to be celebrating clean(er) air, hamburgers, French fries and simply playing in the NBA.

I'd be missing Chinese food myself.

[QUOTE]Against the Oklahoma City Thunder Wednesday, Harris dogged Kevin Durant as much as he could. Durant ran away with 42 points, but Durant earned those points and faced continual challenges on his shots. Harris used his six fouls effectively, adding 13 points and two steals.

Unfortunately, Durant went to the dang-I-got-one-up-on-the-defense line 24 times and hit 22 of those freebies, converting 91.7 percent of his free throws. Durant is too good to go to the line that many times. When NBA referees are charged with the duty of protecting superstars, and when a young team plays one such star hard, the star will go to the line and will go often.

Durant makes his free throws, however. This why hack-a-Shaq worked and why hack-a-Durant doesn

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Jazz at Suns

O At USAirways Center (Phoenix)

Tipoff

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Mike Harris sat with coach Ty Corbin in the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz could use some help from Brandon Rush & Marvin Williams.

I

Xiao Yao You
11-01-2013, 11:41 AM
After failing to reach an agreement on a rookie contract extension before Thursday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline, talented young forward Gordon Hayward will enter restricted free agency next summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Also, the Phoenix Suns and Eric Bledsoe were unable to come to an agreement on a rookie contract extension, and the young point guard will join fellow 2010 draft class members Hayward and Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe as three of the most prominent players in July's restricted free agency period. Yahoo! Sports

Utah general manager Dennis Lindsey and Hayward's agent Mark Bartelstein had been seriously trading proposals for the past week, but couldn't come to terms on an extension, sources said. Yahoo! Sports

Marc Stein: Extension deadline officially passes w/no deal for Utah's Gordon Hayward. Sides were negotiating 4-year deal, sources say, but no agreement Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Marc Stein: League sources sat Hayward was NOT seeking four-year max but parties couldn't close gap even after Jazz CEO Greg Miller spoke optimistically Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Despite being in active negotiations up until the Thursday night deadline, Gordon Hayward and the Utah Jazz failed to close the gap on the framework of a contract extension and never discussed a five-year, maximum-level deal, league sources told RealGM. RealGM

The sides never came close on a deal, remaining several million dollars apart, league sources told Yahoo. Hayward had been seeking a deal in the four-year, $50-million plus range, sources said. Hayward will have significant interest on the market next summer and could command a deal in that range. Nevertheless, the Jazz can match an offer sheet and keep Hayward, which is the likely scenario. Yahoo! Sports

Bartelstein was quick to compliment the Jazz for their handling of the negotiations, and dispelled any notion that this is a sign that Hayward is looking to head elsewhere. "The main thing is that the Jazz put in a tremendous amount of time and effort into wanting to get something done, and we put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to get it done," Bartelstein said. "It was not due to a lack of trying. That's for sure. There was a lot of time and a lot of energy spent the last few months in working at it, but sometimes you just can't come up with something that both sides feel good about. That doesn't change at all

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE]Our four young kids played strong games. Hayward equaled his career high in rebounds and assists. Favors had a career high 17 rebounds. Kanter had a 20-10 with 10 offensive rebounds. Burks had a terrific rhythm to his game in the 2nd half. However, they don

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 04:37 AM
"I wish it could have happened," Hayward said. "[But] this in no way changes the way I feel about Utah at all. I love being here, love playing for them." Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey said, "Time and circumstances dictated that this deal will get done at a later date," adding that Hayward "will be a leader of our team for a long time." "He

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Jody Genessy: Lindsey: "I've been reading and hearing opinions. One thing that we want to make clear: Gordon Hayward is a valued member of the Utah Jazz." Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 05:14 AM
ody Genessy: Gordon Hayward after not reaching extension agreement with Jazz at deadline: "Hopefully it will get worked out next summer."

Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE]Hornacek joked with familiar faces from Utah before the game. Prior to tipoff, the beloved member of the Jazz family, as an NBA Finals-era player and coach, gushed about the guys he used to help oversee.

The Jazz core?

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Alec Burks needs some help in that second unit. He scored 15 after going off for 24 on Wednesday. He even hit a few from outside, which he struggled to do agains the Thunder. But his fellow reserves only mustered five points combined. Ian Clark looked tentative in his NBA debut and Mike Harris fell back to earth some, as he went scoreless. The Jazz are going to look significantly different in this department once Trey Burke, Marvin Williams and Brandon Rush are able to return.

I love how Marvin doesn't suck anymore!

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 07:24 AM
When will the Jazz get their first win? Houston is a tall order, even at home. The Jazz play at Brooklyn on Tuesday. Boston is beatable but maybe not on the second night of an East Coast back-to-back. Then there's Chicago and Toronto back-to-back. I don't know. You tell me.

Should expect to beat Boston at the very least.

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 07:38 AM
The Jazz can match any offer he receives from another team. Remember when Paul Millsap signed the offer sheet with Portland that everybody labeled "toxic" and wondered how the Jazz could match it? By the end of deal, it was a bargain.

Matthews and Mo would have been too!

[QUOTE]The Jazz will have plenty of money to pay Hayward, and maybe it

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 07:40 AM
"I wish it could have happened," Hayward said. "[But] this in no way changes the way I feel about Utah at all. I love being here, love playing for them."

Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey said, "Time and circumstances dictated that this deal will get done at a later date," adding that Hayward "will be a leader of our team for a long time."

"He

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE]Many times as the Utah Jazz scrimmaged over the last three years, it had been his job to coach the team

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Rockets at Jazz

Saturday, 7 p.m.
TV

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Much of Jazz nation spent Halloween with one eye on the candy bowl and the other eye on Twitter, hoping news would surface on the 10 p.m. MDT deadline for the Jazz to extend Gordon Hayward

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE]Again, it

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Rudy Gobert: I played like a b*tch today, tomorrow is another day Twitter @rudygobert15

His new BFF Ian Clark teach him this? LOL!:lol

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Jody Genessy: John Lucas III just earned some fans in Phoenix. Suns T-shirt failed to launch properly into crowd. He searched and threw it to a young fan. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE]It was obvious from the start that without Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, this team had adapted a new style of offense that ran through Derrick Favors, who scored or assisted on each of the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Hornacek used 12 of his 13 players.

Sloan like rotation.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE] In 2nd half of games this year the Jazz are shooting 38.9% and 4 of 31 from three.

The Jazz young players are still developing and the process is dominating a sequence of plays, then dominate a quarter, then a half. Eventually you get a game and maybe a week and at some point it would be great to be dominate for a month. Right now we are seeing the players dominate a half

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Posted on November 3, 2013 by David Locke

Here is a collection of finds involving the Jazz with the new Player Tracking Data – Defensive and Movement

DISTANCE

Derrick Favors has run 7.8 miles in 3 games most on the team his average of 2.6 miles is 10th in the NBA.

Gordon Hayward is second on the Jazz averaging 2.5 miles run per game

John Lucas averages 2.4 and Enes Kanter averges 2.3 miles a game

TOUCHES AND POSSESSIONS

Derrick Favors leads the NBA (non point guards) in touches at 83.3 a game though only 38.3 of those are front court touches.

Favors 9 close touches (within 12 feet) per game are the most in the NBA by a sizeable amount, next is Marc Gasol at 7.3

Enes Kanter is getting 6 close touches a game 13th in the NBA

Enes Kanter leads the Jazz at .6 pts per front court touch – this rewards not passing of course. He is the only Jazz player in the top 100 of pts per front court touch

DEFENSIVE IMPACT

This is defined as the defender being within 5 feet of the basket and within 5 feet of the player taking the shot

Best in the league are Asik allowing 21%, Kaman 21% and Hibbert 21%

On average Derrick Favors defends 8.3 shots per night at the rim and teams are shooting 53%

On average Enes Kanter defends 7.3 shots per night at the rim and teams are shooting 50%’

Note Paul Millsap is allowing 63% and Carlos Boozer 64%

I'm still not convinced Favors is a better defender than Kanter either. Better help defender.

If the filter becomes only 3 FGA at rim per game Gordon Hayward is the best in the NBA at 11.0% 1 for 9

When Rudy Gobert is within 5 feet of rim and 5 feet of player taking the shot teams are 2 for 10

REBOUNDING

Of players getting 5 rebounds a game Gordon Hayward leads the NBA in % of rebounds per chance. A chance is defined as times a player is within 3.5 feet of a rebound. Hayward has grabbed 19 of the 22 rebounds he has had a chance to get.

Only 26% of Hayward’s rebounds have been contested

Derrick Favors is getting 54% of his rebound chances and 37.5% of his rebounds are contested

Enes Kanter is getting 54% of his rebound chances and 53% of his rebounds are contested

Posted in Stat Check

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 01:48 AM
STAT CHECK

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Off the bench, Lucas played his best game of the season. He finished with nine points on 5-for-11 shooting after going 4-for-17 in losses to Oklahoma City and Phoenix.

"I’m fine," he said. "I’m a basketball player. Whether I start or come off the bench, I’m going to give it everything I have every night. That’s just my mentality."

Why wouldn't he be fine? He's happy to have a guaranteed contract to be in the league. He should be at the end of a bench at best not in a rotation.

Jamaal Tinsley started in place of Lucas, although he ended up playing only 14 minutes.

Asked about the change in line-ups, Corbin said, "I thought it worked well for us in the first half. I thought Jamaal came in and was organized. He knew where he wanted to go. And Lucas came in and created pace with the second group. … In the second half, it wasn’t the same. We can’t afford to have that."

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE]"We

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE]Kanter

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:49 AM
[QUOTE]Despite a 0-3 start and a 10-game losing streak, counting preseason games, the Utah Jazz haven

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz have had to play shorthanded so far this year with just 10 healthy bodies out of 15 players on the roster. The team is hoping that one or two players can rejoin the team during the four-game road trip this week, but it may not happen.

Both Marvin Williams, a starter last year at forward, and Brandon Rush, who was acquired in an offseason trade with Golden State, practiced for the first time Monday morning at the Zions Bank Basketball Center, although both are listed as out for Tuesday

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Rush's greatest value to the team this season may in fact be as a trade chip. The 28-year-old is an unrestricted free agent after the season, and if he can show that he's back to his pre-injury form he's a player who figures to be highly coveted by contenders ESPN.com

A day after participating in a full practice, there is buzz on Tuesday that Utah swingman Brandon Rush could play in his first game since tearing his left ACL on Nov. 2, 2012. Looking at the big picture, whether Rush plays tonight or in some upcoming game may not matter a whole lot -- the Jazz will have a hard time winning regardless. ESPN.com

Marvin Williams is the one I'd like to see as a trade chip if at all possible. Jefferson maybe because of his age. Rush and Biedrins are young enough to be a part of the team going forward possibly.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE]Rush, acquired in the offseason trade with Golden State, recently began fully participating in practice. Though he

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE]Stein also predicts that Jazz coach Ty Corbin will be fired this season and replaced by longtime Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. These are Stein's "fearless" predictions, so some of them are obviously way out there.
I, for one, would be extremely surprised if the Jazz fired Corbin this year. The coach is without a deal at the end of this season, so it's possible that this is his last year. But the Jazz put Corbin in a tough situation, going all in on developing its young core, and they know that.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Fans, I suggest you take a new approach to this season in an effort to enjoy yourselves and to preserve your sports-related mental health. Let's say it together now: "It's OK if the Jazz lose." How did that feel? Now say it again.

Believe most fans are on board despite their continued complaining of Corbin.

Losing is what's best for the team in the long run. So when the Jazz stumble to a 22-win eyesore of a season, smile to yourself because you'll know your team is positioning itself for a potentially amazing future. Wasn't it four straight bad seasons that catapulted the Oklahoma City (smaller market than ours!) Thunder into the championship picture? Sometimes you gotta be bad to get good. In 2008-2009, the Thunder won a pathetic 23 games. The very next year? 50.

Luckily, the Jazz won't need three or four bad years. Thanks to the Deron Williams trade, the Jazz already have two No. 3 picks on the roster in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. They've also got two No. 9s in Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke, and a No. 12 in Alec Burks. At this point, the Jazz are just one or two bad seasons away from potentially being reeeally good.

We'll see. They don't have two(3 with Harden?) of the best players in the game on their team

[QUOTE]So, come over to the dark side, which ultimately, as I've outlined, is the path toward the bright lights of success. When the Jazz lose a heartbreaker

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Gordon Hayward is continuing to develop as the primary scorer. Tonight only once did he get caught on a really low percentage shot. He missed a few shots that were good ideas and things he is trying to develop. He finished 8 of 16 with 22 pts, 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

That's the best he's looked a scorer but I still think he'll be better off filling the box score than being a go to guy. Burks and Kanter are more suited to that role.

Jazz aren’t good shooters – 4 of 18 from three and are shooting 24% from three.

Enter Rush hopefully.

Not a single player beyond the young 4 are playing well right now and contributing offensively. This means that if one of the 4 young guys doesn’t play well it is going to be hard to win and if two don’t play well it is going to get to be a decent margin. This is a difficult standard for guys who have never been through this before and never had the experience of how to play with this type of burden. There are going to be some worn out nights for the youngsters.

Jefferson has played well. Favors otoh...

Trey Burke will help when he returns considering John and Jamaal are shooting 16-54 and 5-32 from three. However, he still needs to be allowed to be 20 and make mistakes a miss a ton of shots.

Remains to be seen rather he will help. Neto certainly might have.

Posted in Emptying the Noggin

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:27 AM
"I

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:35 AM
If Hayward's development stalls, the Jazz can look elsewhere. Point guards and centers are hot commodities in the NBA. Wing players such as Hayward, however, are everywhere. The Jazz will have many options next year and could snag a player at a lower price than what Hayward's agent likely asked during the recent extension talks.

He'd be tough to replace.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE]Utah, with 45.3 rebounds per game, is an NBA top 10 rebounding team. The rebounding advantage collapses however when Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter leave the floor. These two average a combined 20.7 rebounds per game

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz bank on Marvin Williams to sub for Favors, but Williams is injured. Once he starts playing, his Achilles recovery will limit his minutes and effectiveness on the floor for months.

Jeremy Evans, who hypothetically could sub for Favors, is also injured. Evans brings energy, shot-blocking and reach to the Jazz.

Evans told Deseret News Jazz beat writer Jody Genessy,

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz roster is designed to be three deep at every position. Injuries inadvertently destroy team architecture. With a fractured finger, Burke is an obvious gap, but he's not the only one. Brandon Rush

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Rush pointed out that he'll be limited to five-minute playing stretches, hopefully to be increased by the game.

"I

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE] The Jazz tried a great shooter who didn

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/06/butler-hayward-stevens-both-made-jump-nba/4YSUCH18gbridJ9ain5tXK/story.html

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Opponents 4, Jazz 0.

“Losing hurts,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “It should hurt.”

Everyone should be happy. The tank is going as planned though the past game and a half they looked like shit. At least played well the first 2 1/2 games.

By opening up with four consecutive losses, the Jazz matched the worst start in the Utah portion of franchise history. The 1979-80 team also lost its first four games before reaching the win column.

“We’ve just got to be mentally strong about it,” Favors said after only totaling six points and five rebounds against his first NBA team. “We’ve just got to move on to the next game and keep playing.”

The Jazz have their best chance of this road trip to pick up a victory Wednesday when they visit the 0-4 Boston Celtics.

A back to back doesn't necessarily make it their best chance.

“We’ve got to come fight and keep working and try to get better and win a game and feel good about ourselves so we can move from there,” Corbin said. “But it’s not just going to happen. We’ve got to make it happen.”

The Jazz didn’t show that desire and effort Tuesday.

Utah fell behind by as many as 26 points with a discombobulated offense while getting shredded apart on the interior by Nets big man Robin Lopez (27 points).

Not a good combo for a Utah team that had at least been competitive in its first three losses this season.

“It’s four losses for us in the first four games,” Corbin said. “But, you know what, nobody’s going to feel sorry for us.”

Least of all Williams, who was traded to the Nets in 2011 when the Jazz began this ongoing reconstruction process by acquiring Favors, two first-round picks (Enes Kanter and one that helped them trade for Trey Burke), Devin Harris and $3 million.

"It's good to finally beat them," Williams said. "It's a rebuilding year for them, but I'm happy to beat them."

Hampered this year by a nagging ankle injury, the two-time All-Star point guard reached double figures in scoring for the first time this season against the Jazz, who only have two players (Gordon Hayward and Jeremy Evans) remaining from the team he was on.

D-Will finished with 10 points and eight assists for the Nets, who improved to 2-2.

Another old Utah guy, Andrei Kirilenko, added six points and five rebounds.

But this game felt like it was already over when AK-47 was subbed in just eight minutes in.

Brooklyn, now featuring Grumpy Old Man Kevin Garnett, all-around standout Paul Pierce and a cast of other talented players, scored the first seven points. The Nets had a double-digit lead less than five minutes into the contest and took a 54-38 lead into the locker room.

“They locked in on the strong side. We struggled to get the ball on the weak side in the first half,” Corbin said. “Eventually … it caught up to us.”

The Jazz’s first seven possessions offered an indication that the visitors were in for a miserable outing. That clunker of a start: four missed jump shots, including a flat 3-point attempt by Jamaal Tinsley, two turnovers and a shot-clock violation.

Another example of the rough night by Utah: A three-quarters-court heave by Mike Harris at the end of the first half that barely hit the backboard wasn’t necessarily the Jazz’s worst shot of the night.

The Jazz shot 37.8 percent from the field, only hit 4 of 18 3-pointers and turned the ball over 20 times. On a positive note, Utah did improve in scoring, with 18, 20, 23 and 27 points in each progressive quarter.

Hayward led Utah in scoring with 22 points, while Kanter had 21 points, eight rebounds and seven turnovers. Rookie center Rudy Gobert had a career-best 11 boards and two blocked shots before fouling out in less than 16 minutes.

The biggest positive for short-handed Utah, which only had 10 players available to begin the season, was the fact that Brandon Rush played. The shooting guard hadn’t seen action since tearing the ACL in his left knee with the Warriors on Nov. 2, 2012.

Rush, who had surgery in January, ended with two fouls, two turnovers and one assist in 10 minutes. He didn’t experience immediate swelling and his hopeful he’ll be able to play Wednesday in Boston, perhaps getting even more than his limitation of five-minute stints.

Asked about his shot before the game, Rush smiled and said, “I don’t think you can lose the touch.” But he didn’t attempt a shot in his return, admitting that he was hesitant and passed up a couple of open looks.

“Rusty. Real rusty. I was real nervous out there,” Rush said. “Once I get the feel for the game, practicing and playing more and catching the rhythm, I think I’ll be a lot better.”

The Jazz hope the same goes for them — all the better if the rhythm is found against winless Boston.

“They (are) looking for a win, too,” Favors said. “They’re going to come out ready, so we’ve got to come out ready and prepared to fight.”

EMAIL: jody@desnews.com

TWITTER: DJJazzyJody

Looking for a win? Who wants to lose more really.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Hayward Wasn't Seeking Max Deal From Jazz

Nov 05, 2013 | Marc Stein/ESPN

Marc Stein believes Gordon Hayward will find a max deal in free agency.
They'll have to let him go unless he improves a lot. Last game was the best he's looked as a go to type scorer so we'll see how much he prgresses as the season goes.

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Peter Stringer: Stevens on Gordon Hayward, whom he coached at Butler: "He's a lot better than when I coached him. And he was good when I coached him."

Twitter @celtics

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Shooting guard Brandon Rush did not play after logging 10 minutes Tuesday in Brooklyn. He said his knee felt fine and experienced no swelling, but Corbin said the team wanted to limit his play on the second night of a back-to-back. Rush hadn

Xiao Yao You
11-07-2013, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]Trey Burke cannot return soon enough. The rookie point guard was one of the main reasons for Jazz fans

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE]With eventual starting point guard Trey Burke still sidelined with his finger injury, Corbin admitted he might look for alternative playmaker options.

In Wednesday

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE]Historically, minimum salary (or near-min) guys hardly ever get moved unless it

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]8. Enes Kanter. Big Turkey has a lot more value than Burke, and at some point the Jazz will decide if he

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE]7. Rudy Gobert. The Stifle Tower (have we settled on that for a nickname?) will be a well-known commodity soon if he keeps the crazy defense up. But the Jazz have very little motivation to trade him given how well he fits into the current focal points (youth & defense) and how little they

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE]There are some crazy things I can dream up here, but few are very realistic. For example, maybe a team has a guy on the end of a similarly-priced rookie deal that they know they

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Jody Genessy: Jazz SF Marvin Williams said his Achilles heel feels sound five months after surgery. He hopes to play Saturday for first time since April. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Oh goody! :rolleyes:

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:03 PM
NBA general manager: "I'm not one of those GMs that subscribes to the tanking theory. You can lose all the games you want, but you're still not guaranteed to get the top pick. Not since 2004 has the team with the most losses won the top pick. The moment you intentionally start trying to tank, and that philosophy gets in your building, it's hard to get it out. Teams that have done that over the years in trying to get the top pick have ended up being in the lottery for nine, 10 years straight. It's one thing if you're doing that in the NFL, where if you've got the worst record you're guaranteed to get the first pick. I could go along with that a little bit.

This next draft it's not necessarily about one pick though. The first few picks all could be studs from the hype anyway.

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
"It's hard to tank, though. It's one thing if there wasn't a lottery like the NFL. But because there's never anything guaranteed, tanking is a hard thing to do. It's easy to say you're going to do it, but when you're going through the dog days of January and you're 5-30 and there are 4,000 people in the stands, it's painful. The other thing is that while Andrew Wiggins is a good prospect, he's not the next LeBron -- or even Kobe when he came out back in '96. He's not that. He's a very good player, but it's not like when Tim Duncan was coming out of college.'' ESPN.com

As Jazz fans seem to be realizing after getting what they wished for.

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
While Burke has yet to see regular season action due to his finger injury, fans are excited to see what he will add to the youthful core the Jazz have assembled.

Excited? I'm anxious to see if he's not a complete bust and better than Lucas and Tinsley.

[QUOTE]They next traded into the last first-round, snaring French center Rudy Gobert. Reports have circulated that the Jazz liked him so much that, had they kept their initial picks, might have considering using the #14 pick to draft him. It is already apparent what they saw in Gobert. It is early yet and the 7

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE]5. Andris Biedrins. With one year and $9M remaining, Biedrins represents the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE]4. Richard Jefferson. This is probably more intriguing than Biedrins if Jefferson shows the world he can still play basketball after an off year. If Jefferson can prove he could still help a playoff team, he could get some extra attention, but otherwise, he

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]3. Marvin Williams. If Marv made a little less coin, I

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE]Now we arrive at the two guys I think are most likely to be traded. This is because they

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE]Shooting guard Brandon Rush is expected to see limited action against the Bulls. He sat out the loss Wednesday in Boston after playing 10 minutes in Brooklyn

Xiao Yao You
11-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Jorge Sierra: Free agent guard Lester Hudson has signed with Xinjiang of the Chinese League, agent Brad Ames tells *********. bit.ly/1bjFGh9 Twitter @*********

Jorge Sierra: You might remember Hudson averaged 13 ppg with the Cavs late in the 2011-12 season. But no guaranteed deal anywhere afterwards. Twitter @*********

13 ppg might have been nice.

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE]Rudy Gobert got our only Jazz note. He battled and plays fearlessly. When I saw him after the game the first thing he said was free throws. He knows where he needs to improve and he is getting better at a really high rate. The kid works hard. He didn

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2013, 04:40 AM
[QUOTE]In another reversal, shooting guard Brandon Rush did not play Friday as Corbin had said he might during his shootaround interview. Rush hasn

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Aaron Falk: Asked Kanter if he'd ever lost this many games in a row. "Probably not. That's like my first time

Xiao Yao You
11-09-2013, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE]It

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:17 AM
I was impressed with Gordon Hayward leadership tonight. Gordon is learning leadership. Tonight I saw him go out of the way numerous times to guys who had just made mistakes to try to prop them back up. This is how you lead. It is better to be by example and supportive. Gordon has played hard every night so far and he has the numbers to back it up. He is gaining respect and now he is showing that he supports his guys. At some point he can be harsh and push them forward right now he is being supportive

He's stepping up. It's especially nice to see because he's started slow every year and finished strong. He should only get better. Burks, Kanter and Favors need to do it consistently now. Favors has the least amount of excuses. Burks has been in and out of the rotation and Kanter didn't play for 6 months coming off his injury.

The not winning is wearing on this group. It is 14 straight if you count the pre-season while it doesn’t it still has been a really long time since they have taken the floor and left with a good feeling. It is not fun to come to the arena right now. These guys are not feeling good about themselves and that has an impact. Once they get one it will be different. They won’t suddenly be a super team but there will be a freedom to their play that doesn’t exist right now.

That's one reason why tanking isn't a great idea. It's ridiculous for them not to have one NBA rotation qualified pg on the team.

This is the season of discovery and we starting to learn some things. Kanter is not doing a good job as a defensive rebounder. The lack of defensive rebounding is really hurting this team on both ends of the floor.
Yeah not sure what the deal is? He looked like he would be elite as a rookie and appears to be on the offensive end.

Derrick Favors offensive skills are still not complete. The Jazz want him to be a rebounder and a defensive player but as the team struggles offensively you can see him trying to pick up the slack. This may not be the best for him. His self-worth as a player needs to be based on defensive and rebounding performance . This was a not a good road trip for his offense we need to appreciate him for what he does well and let the other stuff come.
Will it come though?

This team is not going to do much when the shooting % of the non 4 youngsters are 34%, 34%, 43%, 27%, 13%, 21% and 13%. Those are the options beyond the young 4. Not much help for these guys.

And Ty gets the blame! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But this year is for Hayward, Favors, Kanter and Burks and Trey once he plays and for them to learn the difficulty of this league. This week they learn how hard it easy. Hopefully, next time they go through this they understand it better and perform better./[quote]

Trey should already have an idea after not getting it done against D-Leaguers and fringe NBAers in summer league and pre season.

[quote]Jazz Notes tonight from Thurl for Richard Jefferson for being a pro and an example and I gave one to Gordon Hayward for his consistent effort and his development of his leadership,

See you Monday at Energy Solutions

Posted in Emptying the Noggin

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Jazz forward Marvin Williams, who returned from a right Achilles injury Friday, went scoreless in 15 minutes, missing his three field goal attempts.

He's back in all his glory! At least he plays D. :wtf:

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE]With veteran big man Andris Biedrins sidelined by an ankle injury, the rookie Gobert has taken advantage of his opportunity to play as the third big in coach Ty Corbin

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE]Brandon Rush sat out Saturday

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Through that 0-6 start, two of Utah's top young players, Alec Burks and Derrick Favors, were hovering right around 41 percent from the field.

Might be able to live with that from Burks but for Favors it's unacceptable.

Gordon Hayward, the guy who's supposed to be their best player, was barely over 43 percent

I'll take that considering he should be the main focus of the other team and he's in a role that is not ideal for him as the go to guy.

, and a couple of NBA veterans, Richard Jefferson and John Lucas III, were shooting less than 30 percent.

Jamaal Tinsley, never really known for his shooting, was barely over 21 percent from the field, including a woeful 1-of-14 from 3-point range. Thankfully, he didn't take a shot on Saturday.

In fact, only one Jazz player, center Enes Kanter, had managed to make more than half of his shots thus far this season.

The "can't shoot straight" malady may have even affected Utah's free-throwing efficiency, as the Jazz came into Saturday's game at less than 69 percent from the foul line. And their 3-point shooting is absolutely awful, too.

Not only can the Jazz not shoot straight, they apparently are having a lot of trouble passing the ball and dribbling it straight, too.

They were averaging almost 20 turnovers per game heading into Saturday, but only committed 14 against the Raptors. What's more, they made 20-of-24 free throws, so maybe there's some light at the end of that long, dark tunnel ahead for a frustrated team that has now fallen to 0-7.

OK, we knew the Jazz youth movement was going to struggle this season, and probably struggle mightily. Most preseason predictions had them winning anywhere from 20 to 30 games, but I was feeling optimistic and picked 'em to win 30, figuring they'd win around half of their 41 home games and a fourth of their 41 road games.

Based on what we've seen so far, though, maybe that was faulty logic. And far too optimistic.

Yeah I don't know how anyone could have expected much from them.

The Jazz performance has been decent at times, but absolutely abysmal on other occasions during this young season. After narrow losses at home against Oklahoma City and on the road against Phoenix, the Jazz built a double-digit halftime lead in their next home game against Houston, only to get clobbered and outscored by 27 points after intermission.

Saturday's loss to Toronto mercifully ended an 0-4 road trip which also included losses to Brooklyn, Boston and Chicago. But now they return to Utah for their next three games, and certainly there must be a win waiting for them out there somewhere, isn't there?

Maybe Monday against the Denver Nuggets?

Got a shot you'd think!

Perhaps it'll come Wednesday against those pesky Pelicans from New Orleans? Or Friday when the San Antonio Spurs come to town? (OK, probably not Friday).

:roll:

Keep in mind that it's a long season, and that the Jazz have played five of their first seven games on the road.

They will get better, no doubt, provided they don't get so discouraged that they simply give up. That would make a bad situation even worse.

Some folks out there are blaming Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin. But keep in mind that Corbin's simply playing the difficult hand he was dealt.

And besides that, he's not the guy throwing up bricks or throwing the ball away for this Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.

Most people seem to be blaming him as usual. This one is on the front office.

email: rhollis@deseretnews.com

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:50 AM
“Defensively,” he added, “we weren’t there.”

This was supposed to be where they were better. Some of that is obviously because the offense is a joke which isn't surprising.

The end result tied Friday’s 97-73 loss at United Center for the largest margin of defeat this season: 24.

This was the fourth game in a row in which the Jazz have trailed by 20 points or more. Corbin appreciated the “fight” at the end of the game to at least whack 14 points off of the Raptors’ biggest lead.

Utah has now lost eight straight, dating back to the final game of the 2012-13 season. The Jazz haven’t tasted victory this year in 14 consecutive games, including preseason.

The fact they hadn’t been beaten in Toronto since 2004 exemplifies how this season’s going.

“We’re searching for the answer. We’ve got to keep working, trying to get through this rough patch. We’re struggling,” Hayward said. “You just try to not make the same mistakes. We’ve got to find out something. We’re finding out about ourselves right now, and hopefully we can push our way through it.”

This shellacking came on the tail end of a brutal beginning to the season in terms of the schedule. In 11 nights, the Jazz played seven games in six cities, four time zones and two countries.

The Jazz continue to play shorthanded as well, with Trey Burke (finger), Brandon Rush (knee rehab), Jeremy Evans (rotator cuff) and Andris Biedrins (ankle) still out indefinitely.

“We’re a little beat up,” Corbin said. “But you know what, they’re young. They’ll get through it. We’ll take (Sunday) and reflect on some things.”

The team flew back from Canada after the game and will take Sunday off — to rest and reflect — before getting at it again at home against Denver (1-4).

“It’s over,” Kanter said of another road loss, “and now we are going to go home where we have three games and we’ve now got to think about them.”

EMAIL: jody@desnews.com; TWITTER: DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE]Utah

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE]Before Saturday

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE]Shooting guard Alec Burks has been the team's most consistent player off the bench this season, but he came in as the team's first backup point guard ahead of John Lucas III instead of in his usual position Saturday.

Corbin wanted to use Burks' 6-foot-6 size against the smaller Kyle Lowry, the Raptors' 6-foot starter, in hopes of infusing some offensive punch into Utah's struggling offense.

Burks later played alongside Gordon Hayward, with Marvin Williams, Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors.

"We

Xiao Yao You
11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
One coach who could have cause to be nervous is Utah

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-10-2013, 10:57 PM
who the heck are you quoting, Xiao? :oldlol:

Anyway, I was gonna post why the heck Rush has only played 10 mins, but I guess the answer is a few posts above. Needs to practice. We talking bout practice? Cmon man.

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Anyway, I was gonna post why the heck Rush has only played 10 mins, but I guess the answer is a few posts above. Needs to practice. We talking bout practice? Cmon man.

He didn't look very good when he was out there. They need him. Hopefully he can get it together soon.

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE]The losses have piled up early for the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz are the league

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Jamaal Tinsley: Things will turn around, I trust in my teammates and we trust each other. Game Night Twitter @jatinsley

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE]The question naturally becomes whether coach Tyrone Corbin can last even until his contract expires at the end of the season.

Corbin definitely deserves an opportunity to coach Trey Burke, who broke a finger during the preseason. But to say Corbin is exempt from firing just because the Jazz think of themselves as different from other pro sports franchises would be ridiculous. All disclaimers aside, there

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Aaron Falk: Jazz PG Trey Burke has been cleared to begin solo basketball drills, the team says. He'll get another look from the doc Nov. 25.

Twitter @tribjazz

He was dribbling with his left before the game they showed.

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Jody Genessy: Forward Marvin Williams was just asked what the Jazz are missing: "A win." Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Missing a trade for Marvin.

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE]Posted on November 11, 2013

by David Locke

EMPTYING THE NOGGIN

The final score certainly doesn

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Chad Ford: Tons of NBA GMs & scouts here in Chicago. Many teams going 4 to 5 scouts deep here. 16 potential 1st round picks on floor tonight Twitter @chadfordinsider

Possibly at least 2 2014 Jazz draft picks!

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE]whom are they going to beat? There

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 01:55 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590382/Utah-Jazz-Progress-for-Trey-Burke-as-rookie-gets-cleared-for-more-activity.html

Trey Burke isn

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE]Scattered boos were audible as the buzzer sounded at the end of Monday night

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE]Eight games into the season, Hayward is averaging a team-high 19.5 points and, in spite of the one-sided losses, was a spark in the recent four-game road trip.

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE]A rusty Burke who will be behind schedule will still be an upgrade

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Lucas felt so frustrated by the latest loss that, when he got home late Monday night, he watched a tape of the game again.

It didn't get any better, but he still feels there's hope for the future.

"I try to see what it is as a team we're lacking," Lucas said. "We have the pieces;

No you don't!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590465/Utah-Jazz-John-Lucas-III-focused-on-trying-to-help-Jazz-fix-whats-wrong.html

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE]You

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 03:23 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz are the worst shooting team in the history of the NBA since the adoption of the 3 point line. Their 40.1 FG% and 42.4 eFG%, if extended out to a whole season, would be worse than any team since the 1975-76 Chicago Bulls. The Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE]Perhaps driven by the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent point guard Kendall Marshall had been a consideration with Jazz and remains on radar elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

He's like a young Tinsley. Doesn't really solve the problem of them playing 4 on 5 because they are leaving their pg wide open. Hopefully the new guy can hit shots. Couldn't find his 3 stats from the D-league last year. Shot good in college one year.

Xiao Yao You
11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Marc J. Spears: Jazz don't plan to make a quick decision on a new PG, sources said. Rather, work out some prospects with NBA & D-League ties than make call. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Than why not keep Tinsley until you decide? Oh yeah they don't want to win games! :rolleyes:

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Jody Genessy: Seriously, Diante Garrrett was shopping at Walmart when he got the call that he was going to be signed by the Utah Jazz. #NBApeopleofwalmart Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Aaron Falk: Diante Garrett: "I couldn't believe it at first. Then I got real excited. I don't even remember if I bought everything." Twitter @tribjazz

He's got the opportunity of a lifetime even when Burke comes back.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 07:18 AM
David Locke: Trey Burke increased activities today. He did dribbling and other activities via Tyrone Corbin Twitter @Lockedonsports

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Thank goodness I am not sure where the next one was coming from. The pressure build up was becoming immense and the schedule was brutal. We were terrifyingly close to becoming the lead story in the NBA and rivaling the Nets for most losses to start the season. The schedule does not have many breaks on it so great to get one tonight.

Yeah it could be a while for the next one and now they are the only team without at least 2 wins!

[QUOTE]Huge plays all night long from a ton of different players. The offense in the 4th quarter was terrific. The Jazz went small with Marvin Williams at the 4 and the offense clicked in. Marvin played 16 minutes of the second half and the Jazz shot 62% in the second half. In the 4th quarter the Jazz shot 12 of 17 and hit 4 of 6 from the three point line while nailing 10 of 12 free throws.

At the same time having Marvin rotating and covering on the pick and roll made a huge difference. With 6 minutes left Corbin replaced Kanter with Favors and Favors played great defensive down the stretch and the Jazz playing small were able to clear the boards

Richard Jefferson was awesome !!!! In the third quarter the Jazz were down 16 and Jefferson lite a fire under the Jazz and sent the message that they were going to battle this one to the end. Jefferson played an amazing third quarter, hitting shots, driving to the basket. Making plays. He was 1 for his last 18 from three and he hit big ones all 2nd half.

A play that will never be talked about other than I am talking about it was with the Jazz up 5 Davis got a lay-up with :14 seconds left and Jefferson sprinted to inbound the ball before the Pelicans got set and got the ball into Hayward who hit the two free throws to win the game

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 08:52 AM

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Asked if Tinsley

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Rookie point guard Trey Burke continues to make progress in his recovery after surgery last month to repair a fractured index finger. Corbin said Burke has been able to dribble without discomfort.

"Every day we

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Corbin has been harping on center Enes Kanter some of late about his defensive rebounding

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:40 AM
When asked why Corbin went with Garrett down the stretch, he began his response with

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Chances are we may have seen the last of Tinsley on the court. Whatever he does and wherever he goes, Jazz fans hope the best for a player who gave what he could to the team the past three years. After all, once a Jazzman, always a Jazzman.

It think he's still got a place in the league. Was a bad fit for the current Jazz.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 04:34 PM
maybe this move isn't even about the quality of Diante or the ability of Jamaal. It's, rather, communication between GM Dennis Lindsey and head coach Tyrone Corbin. Corbin has not been playing Alec Burks or Ian Clark at the point guard spot enough during this limited time period where Trey Burke is hurt. Moving Tinsley removes the 14 mpg he was playing at the point guard spot and has to be filled with someone else.

This season is supposed to be about development and discovery. And Lindsey could be sending a moneyball move to Ty -- if you don't play the guys you are supposed to play this year I will get rid of the players you perceive are better than them.

LOL! Ty isn't the one that signed Lucas. They hadn't won a game and he's supposed to play Clark who looks like he sill be cut by January? They see Burks as a 2 so I understand them not wanting to play him at the one though he's the best option.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM
As the most experienced player on the team, Jefferson took a strong stand in the ensuing timeout huddle.

"There is no more 'Let's get it next time.' This is unacceptable! This is our time right now," he told his teammates, according to Hayward.

Jefferson became the focal point of a dormant Utah offense in the third quarter and scored nine points in a 13-2 run.

"He led us tonight. We followed his lead. He's been through it all over the years," Hayward said.

The last time Jefferson scored 22 points was more than three years ago as a member of the San Antonio Spurs. But the young Jazz relied on the 12-year veteran, as well as the contributions of fellow "old-timer" Williams, who had 12 points and a key block on Holiday in the final minute.

In the locker room
What a difference a win can make. On Monday the Jazz locker room was silent and felt tight. Tonight players were loose and enjoyed getting their first win. Diante Garrett was the favorite, but players all over were relived. Gordon Hayward said of the win, "It's about time."
"The young guys will eventually be great, but this team needs veterans. We need to take over in spots," Jefferson said.

The Pelicans built the lead back to 10 before Hayward tied the game at 70 with his second 3-pointer during a burst of 10 straight points for the Jazz.

Diante Garrett was set to play for Iowa of the D-League but arrived in Salt Lake City on Tuesday and ended up playing 22 minutes for the Jazz, who need a point guard while they await the debut of lottery pick Trey Burke.

Burke is a few weeks from playing while recovering from a fractured finger. The Jazz released Jamaal Tinsley and benched John Lucas III after an 0-for-7 shooting start in the game.

"I was shopping at Wal-Mart two nights ago when I got the call," said Garrett, who had seven points and five assists and was running the point in crunch time. "I haven't even had a practice yet but the coach was just drawing up plays on the white board in timeouts for me."

His sense of relief at getting through his first game in Utah was only exceeded by his teammates getting their first taste of victory.

"It's been tough to sleep at night as a member of the only NBA team without a win. I hate losing and maybe I'll finally sleep well tonight," Hayward said.

NOTES: Two of the worst-shooting teams in the league combined to make more than half their attempts, with the Jazz shooting 51.4 percent. ... Hayward spent part of the first half with an ice bag on his shin following a collision in the first quarter. ... Greg Stiemsma sat out the game due to a left knee he sprained in Tuesday's loss to the Lakers. ... The final margin was Utah's largest lead of the game.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Jody Genessy: Gordon Hayward is not practicing because of a bruised right shin. Game-time decision Friday vs. Spurs. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

All the pieces are falling into place for the worst record. Not sure their new pg was a good move though. He's already helped them to one win.

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Alex Kennedy: Just to clarify, I'm not saying the Cavaliers and Kings are in negotiations. I was just told that those two teams have been very active. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=koywth9

Xiao Yao You
11-14-2013, 10:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ktvkodr

Throw in a future first.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Burke is making progress and can now dribble without pain in his surgically repaired right index finger, but he won

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Corbin didn

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 12:56 PM
"When Marvin plays better, it makes it easier for [everyone]," Jefferson said. "And when he gets back all the way, it’s going to steamroll because we have a hard-working team here."

Sadly he rarely plays well.

Down the stretch against the Pelicans, Corbin used Williams at power forward. He was able to get some open looks as the defense reacted to drives by his teammates.

"He can space the floor," Corbin said. "… Big guys are taught, once the ball goes to the basket, they go to the basket, too. So Marvin will space the floor and allow the [other] guys a little more room."

Williams is one of five players who started the season with injuries. The others include Brandon Rush, Jeremy Evans, Trey Burke and Andris Biedrins. None of them played against New Orleans.

According to Jefferson, Williams’ return is a signal of better things to come.

"I can’t stress this enough," he said. "As Marvin gets back, as Brandon gets back, as Jeremy gets back, as Trey gets back and as Andris gets back, we’re going to become a more complete team."

We'll see. Someone else could be hurt by than.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Is Garrett the missing piece for a Jazz championship? No, they are a long way away from that. If he can solidify the point guard position at least until the return of Trey Burke, he will have a spot in the heart of Jazz fans, at least until the milk he bought at Wal-Mart expires.

And maybe beyond. Unlike Burke he's actually shown something at the NBA and the D-League level.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Ira Winderman: All-Star ballot novelties from West: Enes Kanter, Markieff Morris, Derrick Williams, Isaiah Thomas. Twitter @IraHeatBeat

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Jody Genessy: Gordon Hayward (bruised right shin) will play tonight. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Steve Luhm: John Stockton on Trey Burke injury: "Might actually be a positive for him. A chance to sit there and learn." Twitter @sluhm

That goes against the theory that young guys have to pla:rockon: y big minutes though.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Not long after telling media about how he learned of his new opportunity while shopping at Wal-Mart late Monday night, Garrett scored seven points, had five assists and played a key role in Utah

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Steve Luhm: John Stockton on a future role w/Jazz: "I wouldn't rule anything out but I'm enjoying what I'm doing," like coaching 12-year-old son Sam. Twitter @sluhm

Still got a 12 year old!

El Kabong
11-15-2013, 11:23 PM
That first half is exactly why the Jazz were so eager to lock up Favors.

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Looks like it might be starting to come together for him. The behind the back dribble was a surprise!

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE]Alec Burks started at point guard and played the best ball he has played all year. He didn

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Burke and Alec Burks have talked about how much they enjoyed spending time with Stockton in Spokane, Wash., over the summer.

While in Utah on a book tour for his autobiography

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE]Voting began for the 2014 All-Star Game starters on Friday. Jazz players Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward and Enes Kanter were among the 120 players listed on the ballot, which is available on NBA.com/asb.

"I ain

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE]at the moment, they

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 08:38 AM
The Jazz led 46-41 at halftime, and the lead was largely based on second-chance points. Utah outscored San Antonio 12-0 in that category in the first-half, and center Enes Kanter contributed to that margin, with two put-backs in the second quarter.

Corbin said Kanter

Xiao Yao You
11-16-2013, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE]Enes Kanter is terrorizing all opposing big men not named Brook Lopez. His jumper and post-game continue to merit the sort of over-the-top hyperbole I heaped on him, although he

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Favors continues his offensive development. He hit some outside shots. He went quickly and explosively to the rim on numerous plays. He has made a noticeable stride since two weeks ago with the time on the floor. He is also playing without foul trouble much more than he did beforehand. He finished 8 of 12 and is now nearing 50% for the season.

Marvin Williams looked the best he has all year on the floor tonight. In Toronto he played the back end of a back to back and said he felt really tight and pretty miserable. Tonight on the back end of a back to back he moved well, was active and strung together a nice night

Sadly they need him. I certainly wouldn't expect any kind of consistent play from him though.

Point guard play tonight was not good. A night after being very control and strong as the point guard Burks regressed and it showed when the offense went from the 9:26 mark of the 1st quarter to the 3:23 mark without a field goal. In that span the Jazz went 0 for 8 with 4 turnovers. The point guard dance continues as Burks was benched for the second half. We miss you Trey and we don’t even know you.

The third quarter was one of the better offensive quarters of the year. The Jazz hit on 11 of 17 and 5 of 6 from three. Impressive that Richard Jefferson and Gordon Hayward who were both goose eggs in the first half were able to come back out and get it going in the third. Both had 10 points in the 3rd quarter.

Talked with a scout before the game who thought that Burks better learn how to be a point guard because he is not an nba shooting guard. Was a perspective that made me pause and think for a moment? He might have a point. Give me some time to digest this and think about if this is true.

The Warriors bench is limited. They play O’Neal, who got hurt and Green but they are limited and otherwise they are playing just 6 guys. It might be enough. Those six guys are versatile enough to do damage

Hayward started 0 for 5 so he was 5 of his last 28 at one point before a strong second half.

I see Burks as a good 6th man type at the very least. He's definitely got some wing skills and some pg skills.

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:23 AM
X-rays revealed the Jazz forward broke it after taking an elbow to the face in the first half of the game.

But it wasn

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Derrick Favors also scored 10 points in the half. He led the Jazz in scoring for a second night in a row, finishing with 17.

Going to be in trouble with him as the go to guy.

[QUOTE]In the meantime, the Warriors added to their season highlight reel.

Before the game, Jazz coach Ty Corbin said he hoped Burks, starting a second straight game at point guard, would be able to use his size to limit Warriors guard Stephen Curry

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:40 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz also had the Warriors

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE]The Warriors were the first team in NBA history to wear a modern short-sleeve NBA uniform when they wore their yellow short-sleeve jerseys last February against San Antonio.

The uniforms are supposed to be lighter than a normal jersey and according to a press release, feature a

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Alec Burks got the start but struggled with both his shooting and facilitating the offense. He played 20 of the possible 24 first-half minutes but then did not see the court until five minutes remained in the game. John Lucas III got the nod in the second half.

play him at the 2 or 3 at least!

Xiao Yao You
11-17-2013, 09:47 PM
John Lucas III isn

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 05:48 AM
In the second half, coach Tyrone Corbin started John Lucas III and the Jazz played much better, staying within 10 points until midway through the fourth quarter. Lucas made all three of his shots and handed out four assists in one of his better games of the season.

Was easily he's best game no? Only game he wasn't completely shit!

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 05:50 AM
[QUOTE]The Golden State back-to-back miniseries is one of three on the Jazz schedule this year. Later this month, Utah plays Phoenix on back-to-back nights and in January, the Jazz play Minnesota in consecutive games three days apart. ... After Monday

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Rusty Simmons: Warriors sources said they expect newly signed center Dewayne Dedmon to arrive in Salt Lake City this afternoon and to be available vs. Utah Twitter @Rusty_SFChron

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Rusty Simmons: Jermaine O'Neal has a bruised right knee and minor strained right groin, according to Warriors. He's out tonight vs. Utah and then day 2 day Twitter @Rusty_SFChron

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Aaron Falk: The Jazz injury situation remains unchanged: Biedrins, Burke and Evans OUT tonight vs. Golden State. Twitter @tribjazz

Rush?

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Rusty Simmons: The Warriors confirmed the signing of Dewayne Dedmon in a quite obvious fashion. They let him suit up, walk onto the court & begin warmups. Twitter @Rusty_SFChron

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2013, 07:21 AM
The Alec Burks point guard experiment may be over. He went 0 for 5 and is now 11 for his last 36 . Moreover in the last two game Tyrone has pulled him forced to go back to Lucas and Garrett at the point, two players he clearly was hoping to only use in limited roles.

The GM obviously has different ideas.

Jazz won 51-39 in the second half.

Another bad quarter killed them.

Marvin Williams performance the last few nights has been really encouraging. He has been a spark, played hard, been a solid leader and been someone the Jazz can rely on as the season goes on.

We'll see. Funny how some players step up when they're in a contract year. How long until they put him in the starting line-up again?

These guys need some good moments and I don’t know when those are possible with this schedule when it can happen. The next 4 are going to be super tough. Maybe a spark can come from the man they call Trey soon.
Doesn't sound like he will be back soon. Evans says soon. He might not play with Marvin playing the 4 though?

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2013, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE]Evans is apparently the closest to returning.

Wednesday

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE]"I expected to be back by now," Rush said Monday night after coach Ty Corbin said the guard would not play against the Warriors. "But I tried that Brooklyn game and everything didn

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Jody Genessy: Jazz F Marvin Williams will have a surgery to have his broken nose reset today. He won't travel for New Orleans game. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Perfect time for Jeremy Evans to return!

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Steve Luhm: Jazz announce Trey Burke participated in practice today but won't play Wednesday at New Orleans. Twitter @sluhm

Steve Luhm: Jazz forward Jeremy Evans (rotator cuff) also practiced but won't play against the Pelicans. Twitter @sluhm

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 03:40 AM
[QUOTE]Mark Jackson on Favors:

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 03:42 AM
[QUOTE]Corbin has seen his players become less aggressive after picking up early fouls.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE]It

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 03:57 AM
[QUOTE]Because of the point guard struggles, Gordon Hayward has been given the ball in his hands, leading the Jazz in assists per game at 4.4. Looking at some of the new, fancy SportVU stats and throwing on a couple of filters

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE]Asked about teams losing on purpose in pursuit of better draft picks, Richard Jefferson shook his head.

"You can ask Boston and San Antonio about that," he said.

Boston finished with a 15-67 record in 1997, partly because of intentional losses late in the season. The Celtics had the best chance to get the coveted No. 1 pick, future Hall of Famer Tim Duncan.

San Antonio instead got lucky. Its 20-62 season was rewarded with the top pick

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE]About the Pelicans

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 04:16 AM
[QUOTE]"Trey

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 04:18 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 04:24 AM
If Hayward is the leader and the go-to player, he can't disappear in some quarters like he has done. He scored 12 in the first quarter against the Warriors and ended with 18.

Amazing he's done as well as he has really with little help. If I'm the other team the whole game plan is to stop G until someone else shows they can bring in consistently which Favors is starting to finally show signs of being able to do.

Favors had 10 points and seven rebounds, while Kanter went 4-of-12 from the field for eight points and six rebounds.

Richard Jefferson went 2-of-9 from the field and didn't add much else on the stat sheet.

Alec Burks hasn't found his shot early in the year. Going from the sixth man to the starting point guard hasn't given him time to settle into anything, but he needs to become whatever he is for the Jazz to succeed.

Does Diante Garrett become the new starting point guard and the heart of the team?

Probably as sad as that is.

Is Marvin Williams better served as a starter with his shooting numbers from outside?

hell no!!!!!

Should Ian Clark get some run, or Rudy Gobert?

Yes in the D-league soon.

Who are the Jazz? No matter what the Jazz's long-term plans are they need to find out who they are or they will find themselves rebuilding for years instead for just a season.

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 05:35 PM
David Locke: BREAKING - Trey Burke is available to play tonight for Jazz V. New Orleans. Tip off at 6 mtn Twitter @Lockedonsports

David Locke: Jeremy Evans also is available for the Jazz tonight Twitter @Lockedonsports

Hope Burke is ready. D-League rehab stint might make sense for someone that hasn't even showed he can play at this level.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2013, 05:41 PM
David Locke: Marvin Williams is having a procedure to his nose for the fracture done Thursday will rejoin the Jazz Friday in Dallas Twitter @Lockedonsports

Jody Genessy: Marvin Williams will wear a specialized mask. Hopefully, it looks like Nacho Libre's. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE]Corbin said he

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 03:18 PM
NOTES: Corbin said Andris Biedrins (sprained ankle) and Brandon Rush (knee rehab) are both getting closer to returning to action as well. Biedrins hasn't played since injuring himself two days before the season started, while Rush appeared for 10 minutes against Brooklyn but has been trying to get himself physically and mentally ready since then. ...

Rush is physically ready to return.

Jazz forward Marvin Williams was fit for a specialized mask to wear Tuesday in Utah, and he'll undergo surgery to reset his broken nose Thursday. Williams is expected to rejoin the Jazz in time for Friday's game in Dallas. ... Utah picked up its only win of the season last Wednesday by beating the Pelcians 111-105 at EnergySolutions Arena. ... Corbin mentioned that he has officially named Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors as team captains.

EMAIL: jody@desnews.com

TWITTER: DJJazzyJody

Makes sense. G and Favors are the guys right now.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
“I thought he did great. I thought he looked in tune and ready to get the ball in his hands,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “Unfortunately, we were restricted with the minutes for him and had to take him out. But he felt good, he looked good, so I’m happy for him.”

And of course I've already read one comment about Ty pulling him when he was playing good! :facepalm

Now, about that other weirdness.

Nobody’s night was more bizarre than the historically weird game Gordon Hayward had.

The good: Hayward dished out a career-high 11 assists, grabbed six rebounds and blocked two shots.

The bad: The Jazz’s leading scorer only had six points.

The ugly: The shooting guard had the worst shooting night in franchise history, going 1 for 17 from the field and 0 for 8 from 3-point range. Karl Malone had the previous worst night with a 1 for 16 game during his Hall of Fame career, and Thurl Bailey once went 2 for 20.

“For whatever reason, they just didn’t fall tonight. It’s pretty frustrating,” Hayward said. “If I would’ve hit two or three more shots, we probably would’ve won the game. But I missed 16 of them. It’s, whatever, I’ve got to move on.”

Meanwhile, the Pelicans had a couple of guys who seemingly couldn’t miss. 2012 No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis (9 of 12 shots, 22 points) and sharpshooting reserve Ryan Anderson (6 of 9, 19 points). They helped push New Orleans’ lead to 14 points during a quick 14-2 outburst, which ended with back-to-back Anderson treys.

In that spurt, the Pelicans took advantage of a couple of Alec Burks turnovers. In typical Jazz fashion this season, a close game became a blowout defeat.

7 points is a blowout? Other than their win it's probably as good as they've played. Were close all 4 quarters for a change.

“Those are mistakes we can’t afford to make, especially on the road,” said Corbin, whose team has lost all seven away games. “Young or whatever, those are mistakes that cost you the game.”

Perhaps the oddest part of Burke’s debut was how it seemed to spark John Lucas III, who’s struggled mightily in his absence. But Lucas, who started at point guard, had his best game with the Jazz in the rookie’s return, hitting his first four 3-point attempts and finishing with a season-high 14 points.

“It feels good. Every time I shoot I feel like my shot is going in,” said Lucas, who’d only hit 24.3 percent from 3-point range before this 4 for 5 performance. “When I was missing, I wasn’t going to back away and not shoot again, because I’m a shooter. To me I feel like it’s the ball, it’s not my shot. That’s my mentality. Luckily, my shots were going in.”

He's been looking better the past few games and Garrett is coming along nicely too. They have some options finally!

That’s how most players on the Jazz felt. Center Enes Kanter had a team-high 19 points, Richard Jefferson and Derrick Favors each scored 13, and Utah hit 36 of 66 field goals, not counting Hayward’s attempts.

Even Jeremy Evans, also making his season debut, had an excellent shooting night. The athletic 6-9 forward hit his first shot, a long jumper, and made all four field goals for eight points after missing the first dozen games with a rotator cuff injury.

The strange part about that was how Evans claimed before the game that he might dunk a couple of times but felt like his shooting touch wasn’t quite there yet.

“It felt great,” Evans said, “just going out, playing with the guys and bringing some energy.”

Evans, who said his shoulder felt “great” after the game,” was among the Jazz team members to try to lift up Hayward on this weird night, too.

“I think he’s a great shooter and he knows it,” Evans said of his buddy. “Like I told him, ‘I don’t like to see you like this, shoot the next one. Keep going.’ ”

Added Corbin: “If we get him to score his regular amount (19.2 ppg), we’re in good shape, but he missed some shots tonight. We’ll love him, give him some love tomorrow and get back and be ready to go again on Friday.”

Burke said his finger was a bit sore and he got a little winded in his first short stint, but he's anxious for his second performance in Dallas.

Unlike his summer showing in Orlando, Burke looked smooth, comfortable and confident in his short stints. His first bucket was a sweet drive to the left, when he attacked the basket almost as if to let the NBA know he’s here after a long road from Michigan. He said it reminded him of being an 18-year-old freshman when he got his number called for the first time Wednesday.

“Just going to that scorer’s table, it was like, ‘Wow! I’m really here. This is my debut,’ ” Burke said. “It was definitely excitement.”

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Corbin knows the struggling Jazz can use Evans

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE]After starting three games at point guard, Alec Burks returned to the bench

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE]For all the criticism coach Ty Corbin has taken from seemingly every angle (including my own), he deserves some real praise here. For Utah to be anywhere close to league-average at generating high-value shot attempts is a real accomplishment given the roster he

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Burke said he feels no discomfort in his index finger, taped against his middle finger, and his shots feel natural. He noted that the form on his shot has changed. He now has to shoot with his pinkie down where he was shooting with all of his fingers down on the release before the injury.

Hopefully that doesn't cause problems with bad form or habits later on.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Peter Vecsey: According to a GM, the Suns will do everything possible this summer to sign Gordon Hayward to an unmatchable offer sheet.... Twitter @PeterVecsey1

Sounds like he's as good as gone and unless Lindsey is as dumb as O'Conner. That's two writers saying he's getting max.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Trey Burke, the 9th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, made his professional debut on Wednesday night. As Burke ran onto the court, Richard Jefferson held back the rest of the Jazz and let the rookie go out on the court alone while his teammates laughed. Burke scored 11 points in 12 minutes on 8 shots, but the Jazz still lost to drop their record to 1-12. So the bad news is that Trey Burke got embarrassed and the Jazz still stink. The good news is that Burke looked like a capable young player and the Jazz currently have the best chance at winning the top pick in a loaded draft! The Big Lead

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Alex Kennedy: The Utah Jazz pranked Trey Burke before his NBA debut, letting him run out of the tunnel alone. GIF: i.minus.com/i6RbPtOwdYt5R.

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Hayward

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Watch, even as the rookie bumps and skids and learns, how his insertion affects everybody else on the Jazz. Not only is he more capable than any other team option at point guard as far as scoring the ball, he also will help other Jazz shooters improve their efficiency by getting them the ball in better spots.

We'll see. His debut was certainly encouraging after his summer league and pre-season but he's got a lot to prove.

[QUOTE]Too often this season, the Jazz, including Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks, have squeezed off attempts from difficult or disadvantageous places. Sometimes, it

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
While his teammates stretched before practice Thursday, Hayward propped his foot up on a chair and received electronic stimulation treatment to help ease the pain.

I had that done on a sprained foot. Pretty amazing! This is his 2nd injury of the year. Be interesting to see how these guys hold up to increased minutes and bigger roles. They all had some injuries last year.

[QUOTE]The Jazz were trying to help Hayward overcome emotional pain from his rough 1-for-17 shooting night. He spent about a half-hour after the game in the locker room at New Orleans Arena, sitting in silence before showering.

When he returned, Hayward blamed the loss to the Pelicans on himself.

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE]REJOINING JAZZ: Forward Marvin Williams underwent surgery to reset his broken nose Thursday in Utah. He also had a specialized mask made to protect his nose, which was injured a week ago against the Spurs.

Williams was expected to fly to Dallas to meet up with the team. It

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Evans could possibly play both forward positions for spells. Power forward has been where he’s logged the most time thus far in his career. While his slight frame causes issues inside–he can get pushed around and sometimes accrues fouls as a result–his speed and agility partially compensate. For him to play the small forward spot, Evans will have to evolve a bit. In the summer league and preseason, Evans displayed a much-improved jump shot, though his handle is a bit spotty. He will need to show that he can keep defenses honest if he is to assume some time at the three.

Ideally he'll be able to play some 3 but I haven't heard much talk about him being able to do that yet anyway.

The Jazz’s front court depth could lead to Evans seeing an increased role. As expected, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are getting the lion’s share of playing time. Richard Jefferson has had a mini rejuvenation, but has not been consistent. Marvin Williams’ return has helped and he’s seen time as a stretch four. Mike Harris has been a surprise, but is limited. Given this line-up, Evans could demand minutes once he gets more into game-shape and could quickly take the time that Harris has been given. It’ll then be up to him to demonstrate what he is capable of in a more expansive role.

This season has been branded by some as a season of discovery– a chance to see what each player on the roster can do. Every individual on the team has or will assume a new niche in the rotation, and Jeremy Evans is not an exception. Will he become a rotational player? We will find out over the coming months.

Marvin, Jefferson, Rush and Biedrins could all be traded at some point too. Harris will probably be gone within another month or so. I imagine they'd like to play Jefferson a lot less minutes than he's been playing as well.

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 04:57 AM
[QUOTE]Marvin Williams has been super this year. He told me at the start of the year the achillies bothered him most of the year last year but on a new team he didn

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE]Garrett, who didn

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE]Carlisle on Hayward:

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Jody Genessy: X-rays on Gordon Hayward's right knee cap were negative, showed he has a contusion. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE]One day

Xiao Yao You
11-23-2013, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE]"It

Xiao Yao You
11-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Trey Burke could start for the first time in his professional career Sunday night in Oklahoma.

Not sure what the rush is. Garrett looks like the guy to start now if getting off to a hot start is what they want.

[QUOTE]That might not be the only tweak Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin makes to his first unit, which has consistently struggled during the team

Xiao Yao You
11-24-2013, 05:37 AM

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Jonathan Rinehart: X-rays performed on Enes Kanter's right ankle were negative. He has a right ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated Monday morning. Twitter @jonrinehart

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Jody Genessy: Trey Burke said he almost has full mobility in right index finger. "I’m still trying to get it to cooperate with me." Mostly feels good. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Looks like they should have left him on the bench.

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 06:13 AM
[QUOTE] I don

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE]Burke, who missed his first four shots and finished with four points and four assists Sunday, puts some of the responsibility on him to get the Jazz offense flowing.

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE]NOTES: Kanter sprained his ankle in the second half on defense and left the game. X-rays were negative but he will be re-evaluated before Monday

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Thunder coach Scott Brooks is one who

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Rookie Trey Burke made his first NBA start Sunday, but ended up only playing 20 minutes. Part of that was because starters didn

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz have forced the Warriors, the Mavericks and the Thunder to make at least one pregame adjustment this week: which hoop they shoot on.

It

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE]he third-year center, who started the previous 14 games for the Jazz, walked gingerly in the locker room after the game, but said his pride had not been hurt.

"I

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Aaron Falk: Asked Hayward about the heat Ty gets. His take, for what it's worth: "It's our (players) fault and we've got to do something to change it." Twitter @tribjazz

I don't like everything Ty does but I certainly think he deserves a chance. He hasn't really had it since he became coach.

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Darren Wolfson: Buzz from Mohegan Sun event over the weekend where #Twolves GM Milt Newton was: D-Will trade is close. Utah, Sac. NYK, Nets possible. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

Marvin works I think!

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Jody Genessy: Enes Kanter said his ankle doesn't hurt too bad: "I'm hoping to play Friday." Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE]This year only 48.9% of Hayward

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 07:10 AM
An MRI earlier in the day revealed that Kanter has an inversion sprain of his right ankle, forcing him to sit out.

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE]The Jazz, who

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE]

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE]"I missed some shots I usually don

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE]These guys succeed just often enough to maintain the novelty. When they eventually find themselves and start winning roughly one-third of their games, this stuff won

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Big plays tonight by the veterans Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams. Both were solid. Marvin played 44 minutes and Richard notched 38. These guys are are giving everything they have. They are setting a great example for the younger players on how to approach the game and how to get through tough moments. They stay really cool in big moments.
Marvin may have been really banged up last year because this is a totally different player this year. He is a better stretch 4 than a 3 but he played both tonight when Jeremy Evans was on the floor. 17 pts, 9 rebounds and 7 of 14 shooting.

contract years. good news is maybe they become tradeable?

Jeremy Evans is becoming a solid NBA player. He notched 23 solid minutes tonight. Noah drove him into the lane a few times and defensive rebounding is still going to be an issue but he is making enough other plays that he is worthwhile to have on the floor. He had 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals. He is able to get above people to make plays. Teams are going react to him and it will be a process but right now it is wonderful to see.
Big shots, big moments for a lot of the guys. The Jazz went 6:20 without a point in the 4th quarter and lost the lead and then Gordon hit big fade with 4:07 left to give the Jazz a 2 point lead, Burke hit a floater in the lane with 1:45 left, then in overtime Trey nailed a huge 3, Gordon and Jeremy connected on an alley opp wth 1:25 left to virtually clinch the game. Those are big moments
The alley opp from G to JE was so cool. Those two are the best of friends and for them to connect on this moment after waiting for 4 years was loaded with emotion. You could see JE when he turned to Gordon after the dunk that he had this huge grin on his face almost to say we did it.
Jazz defense was strong tonight. Bulls shot 39.2% and were 1 for 13 from three. The Jazz have played a lot of great offensive teams this year and to finally play a poor offensive team and show you can defend is a nice step
Gordon Hayward played how he can be successful tonight. He is not a one on one breakdown player. He is a great teammate. He can make plays with the ball in his hand for his teammates. His natural instinct is to play the team game. He did it tonight with a career high 12 assists and only 1 turnover

Yep he's not a go to guy. unfortunately for him he's the best option they have.

[quote]Derrick Favors got in foul trouble and Rudy Gobert was really good in the minutes he played. He wrecks havoc on the floor. 9 rebounds in 21 minutes. When Gobert was on the floor the Bulls shot 10 of 24 with 5 turnovers in that period of time
Nice win

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Corbin believes his players are too concerned about other things

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE]Perhaps the best example of the changing Jazz culture is the insertion of Marvin Williams into the starting lineup. Marvin Williams starting as a stretch 4 wouldn

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Aaron Falk: Here you go, Twitter. Carlos Boozer on the Jazz: "Very athletic group of guys. Well coached. I know Jerry (Sloan) is in the mix somewhere." Twitter @tribjazz

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Burke missed 12 of 17 shots and made five turnovers, but the positives outweighed the negatives in his longest pro outing.

They won. Not sure I would say the positives outweighed the negatives. He shouldn't be taking the most shots on the team until he proves he can actually shoot.

[QUOTE]The 21-year-old scored 14 points, hit a key 3-pointer in overtime and tossed an assist to Richard Jefferson for the game-clinching dunk with 14 seconds left in OT.

Burke and the Jazz have a few days to recuperate from

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Gordon Hayward leads the NBA in 42.9 miles travelled and leads at 2.7 miles per game.
They have played more games than most teams.

Derrick Favors has run 37.3 miles this season

Enes Kanter has run 33 miles.

Gordon Hayward has 1187 touches this season highest of any non point guard other than Kevin Love.

He has been their pg basically though.

[QUOTE]Gordon Hayward averages 67.2 front court touches a game the most of any non point guard

Derrick Favors 6.4 close touches a game is the 5th most in the NBA, Enes Kanter is 9th with 6.1 close touches.

Jazz run very little offense off the elbow

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2013, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE]Marvin Williams

Xiao Yao You
11-27-2013, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]The 7-footer, who is making $9 million in the last year of his contract, is looking to bounce back. "Of course it

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2013, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE]A couple of Utah Jazz centers switched spots for Wednesday

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2013, 05:16 AM
The fourth-year swingman from Butler has covered a league-high 42.9 miles in 16 games, according to the NBA

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2013, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE]One area where Corbin did switch things up significantly was in the post; per MySynergySports, Utah finished 17.1% of their possessions out of the post in Ty

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2013, 05:50 PM
With Derrick Williams joining a Kings roster that already includes Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, two players signed through 2015-16, Patterson is expendable. For a team that needs frontcourt scoring help like a Toronto, Utah or Philadelphia, Patterson could be an attractive option. The question is what the Kings could get back. ESPN.com

Barely used in his two-plus seasons with the Kings, Fredette could be an attractive target for an offensive-starved team that still believes he may have a future in the league. Fredette's expiring contract pays him $2.57 million this season and should it fairly easy for the Kings to trade him, but Sacramento won't get much back in return. ESPN.com