PDA

View Full Version : New GM survey

juju151111
10-22-2013, 10:57 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/2013-14-nba-gm-survey/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

Lol at cp3 being better then Derrick Rose.

alexd
10-22-2013, 10:59 AM

well cp3 is the best pg in the league so yeah that makes him better than Rose

Young X
10-22-2013, 11:00 AM
CP > Rose. Get mad.

CanYouDigIt
10-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?

1. Nikola Mirotic -- 25.0%
2. Rudy Fernandez, Vassilis Spanoulis -- 14.3%
4. Juan Carlos Navarro, Dario Saric -- 10.7%
6. Andrew Wiggins -- 7.1%

Also receiving votes: Furkan Aldemir, Bojan Bogdanovic, Linas Kleiza, Nenad Krstic, Bo McCalebb

Last year: Juan Carlos Navarro -- 34.6%

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jailblazers7
10-22-2013, 11:07 AM
lol Lebron was voted the 3rd best PF in the league. That's awesome.

CanYouDigIt
10-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?

1. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 39.3%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 32.1%
3. Carmelo Anthony, New York; LeBron James, Miami -- 7.1%

Also receiving votes: Ray Allen, Miami; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas; Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
well cp3 is the best pg in the league so yeah that makes him better than Rose
Please he had his run when Drose got injured. It's over for him now. Sorry to tell u

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:10 AM
CP > Rose. Get mad.
About what?

fpliii
10-22-2013, 11:10 AM

What's so funny?

Trollsmasher
10-22-2013, 11:12 AM

Also receiving votes: Ray Allen, Miami; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas; Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers
Kobe clutch myth still running strong among the GMs. Also Durant after his last year's super chokejob should not be on the top.

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:12 AM
What's so funny?
It's funny that they think co3 is better then drose. Gave me a good chuckle.

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Kobe clutch myth still running strong among the GMs. Also Durant after his last year's super chokejob should not be on the top.
Your a idiot. KD is still one of the best clutch players in the league.

Trollsmasher
10-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Also:

Which active player will make the best head coach someday?
1. Chauncey Billups, Detroit -- 32.1%
2. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 17.9%
3. Shane Battier, Miami -- 14.3%
4. Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers -- 7.1%
Also receiving votes: Steve Blake, L.A. Lakers; Mike Dunleavy, Chicago; DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers; Mike Miller, Memphis; Jason Terry, Brooklyn; Earl Watson, Utah
Last year: Chauncey Billups -- 20.7%

:lol

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Which player is the best passer?
1. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 46.7%
2. Rajon Rondo, Boston; Ricky Rubio, Minnesota -- 16.7%
4. Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers -- 6.7%
Also receiving votes: Marc Gasol, Memphis; LeBron James, Miami; Greivis Vasquez, Sacramento; Dion Waiters, Cleveland

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Also receiving votes: Steve Blake, L.A. Lakers; Mike Dunleavy, Chicago; DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers; Mike Miller, Memphis; Jason Terry, Brooklyn; Earl Watson, Utah

So random :lol

CanYouDigIt
10-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I swear, NBA GMs need to stop lurking on ISH.

DukeDelonte13
10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Which player is the best passer?
1. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 46.7%
2. Rajon Rondo, Boston; Ricky Rubio, Minnesota -- 16.7%
4. Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers -- 6.7%
Also receiving votes: Marc Gasol, Memphis; LeBron James, Miami; Greivis Vasquez, Sacramento; Dion Waiters, Cleveland

i cant believe a GM voted for Dion there. :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
rofl at dion waiters one :lol

TheReturn
10-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it's just so incredibly random lol.

fpliii
10-22-2013, 11:27 AM
It's funny that they think co3 is better then drose. Gave me a good chuckle.

That's pretty ****ing weird of you. Even if you're in the small, small minority that puts Rose ahead of CP3, don't pretend it's not close. Grow up.

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
That's pretty ****ing weird of you. Even if you're in the small, small minority that puts Rose ahead of CP3, don't pretend it's not close. Grow up.
Cp3 is close, but Derrick rose takes it. Most people feel that because Drose been injured. I'm going to be the majority by January.

Nastradamus
10-22-2013, 11:39 AM

70%, that's all I'm sayin'

chips93
10-22-2013, 11:40 AM
james harden got a vote to have a breakout season :wtf: didnt he just have a breakout season

dario saric as one of the best players outside of the nba!?

roy hibbert, aka the tallest player in the league and aborderline all-star, got a vote as 'player to make most of natural ability'

juju151111
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
70%, that's all I'm sayin'
Meh they forgot.

Fudge
10-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Andre Roberson getting a vote for ROY. Sweet. :oldlol:

All Net
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Jordan as coach?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM
How is there 69% of GMs that think LeBron is gonna win MVP? That doesn't make sense. 20/30 is 66.7% and 21/30 is 70% so it's impossible to get 69%.

longtime lurker
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM

That settles it. Kobe is definitely not clutch. :oldlol:

ripthekik
10-22-2013, 12:08 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
lebron stans not gonna like this

niko
10-22-2013, 12:12 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
lebron stans not gonna like this
He facilitates more than shoots in those situations. He doesn't want the last shot, he wants the ball in his hand but not to shoot. Kind of hard to qualify.

List isn't that interesting. Nets get very little love (less than i'd think). And Dwight as best defender is LOL. Please. Talk about living on reputation.

DuMa
10-22-2013, 12:21 PM
How is there 69% of GMs that think LeBron is gonna win MVP? That doesn't make sense. 20/30 is 66.7% and 21/30 is 70% so it's impossible to get 69%.

you're not allowed to pick your own player so maybe pat riley abstained from picking and made it only 29 GMs that voted. so 20/29 = 68.9%

noob cake
10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
you're not allowed to pick your own player so maybe pat riley abstained from picking and made it only 29 GMs that voted. so 20/29 = 68.9%

Wow, someone other than Chris Grant picked Irving over LeBron/Durant. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good to know someone other than me recognizes talent. :banana:

(Although, I wouldn't sign Irving over Bron or Durant right now. He is clearly the 3rd best player in terms of youth/talent). :sleeping

RoundMoundOfReb
10-22-2013, 12:49 PM
You're right it does appear to be out of 29. Most of the other categories appear to have 30 voters though.

rezznor
10-22-2013, 01:22 PM

Harden top SG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MMJJZSAOOak/UWcC3JPE0DI/AAAAAAAAHPo/EgT9ztccs78/s640/James+Harden+Creepy.gif

BoutPractice
10-22-2013, 01:34 PM
On average, GMs are quite reasonable with their vote, although they have a tendency to think the future will be exactly like the past.

ralph_i_el
10-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Also:

I loled so hard. That had to be a joke

Myth
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
lol Lebron was voted the 3rd best PF in the league. That's awesome.

Also, LeBron got 86.7% at SF and 13.8% at PF, which adds up to 100.5%, so somebody must have ranked him #1 in both categories. It also makes it look like more people picked Durant over LeBron, when in reality they may not have voted LeBron as a SF at all.

MVBallin2K
10-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I can understand people saying that Kobe isn't the best player in the game anymore, even before injury. That's a more than understandable viewpoint. I do not however, see how people keep saying Kobe clutch is a myth. I don't care about career numbers, this is season to season.

Last season, look back at some of those games that by all means the Lakers should have lost but a surge by Kobe and the rest of the team lead them to winning those games. Clutch shot after clutch shot by Kobe and he basically tore his achilles trying to get that team to the playoffs after promising that they would and they did.

MP.Trey
10-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Peculiar/interesting observations:

In one year, the Lakers went from 96.7% of GM's thinking they'll win their division, to none at all.

Stephen Curry has more votes for best SG than Dwyane Wade.

Best International Player: Dirk went from 72.4% last year to 20% this year. Tony Parker gets the reigns. Too early? Too late?

Sacramento got a vote for most fun team to watch. Time to start watching Kings games?

Flash31
10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Also:

Deandre Jordan
Really?
Is he gonna coach his team to Dunk really really hard and hope theres a
Brandon Knight or Jason Terry on the other team

Surprised no bench players got a vote

James Jones would probably be a good coach,he knows all the plays,he can come from playing 0 min in 50 games,show up for 10 min and give you 10-15 points if needed,knows the roles

If ya look at all the great coaches that were NBa players
They werent stars,either role players or bench players

Pat Riley,Phil Jackson,Doc Rivers,Brown
usually are either pg or sg

their arent many cs that cud be good coaches,

The best coaches as players
Kidd,CP3,FisherJ Jones,Battier,
R Allen,Tim Duncan,U Haslem,T Allen

its usuall role players oracrubs bc theyre usually next to the coach an reading plays,studying film,studying coaching rather than being in the game,
so they know player roles,moves,and what to draw and tgeyve been in the game to see how it plays out

That or they are the floor leaders,coach on the team,draw up plays like
CP3,Kidd did and even Battier has drawn up some things

DuMa
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
its also interesting most GMs put harden ahead of wade. i guess most GMs want to think for the future first then present 2nd. more bulletin board material for wade.

Flash31
10-22-2013, 03:23 PM
its also interesting most GMs put harden ahead of wade. i guess most GMs want to think for the future first then present 2nd. more bulletin board material for wade.

maybe so but Harden is Horrible at D and shooting,hes not a very efficient shooter,he makes up for it with a crapload of fta so it seem goo on paper but really isnt

while Wade i the most efficient Guard in the league and still a good defender

Its like as soon as LeBron joined the Heat Wade has gotten even more isrespected and overlooked
Even in 09-10 when Wade put up 30,6,7 on almost 50% with 1 block,2 steals
Nope
06 Finals,Nope

Wade has been the most overlooked star in the league for a long time
Even when you compare stats wade to harden

22,5,4 with 1 block,almost 2 steals on 52% in 34 min
with the least amount of fga since his rookie season and minutes

Harden took more fga,played more min
yet shot 43% and obly had 26 pts as the num 1 option

Wades bever going to get the respect he deserves bc he played for Miami and now especially that he plays for Miami and with LeBron

Hell we saw R Miller and Steve kerr,magic refer to them as Miami Cabs after 2012,even 2011 when Wade was arguably Finals mVP if Lebron disnt play like crap
nobody mentioned ut,they just mentioned Dirk and LeBron
even Though WADE outplayed both
in these pat Finasl he Outplayed LeBron Several Games and was In Running for Finals mvP at one pt

20,5,5 with 2 steals,1 block
was 2nd in pts,steals,blocks,was More efficient than leBron

Shot 48% to LeBrons 44
And we saw with his 32 pt game how LeBron came in garbage time to score 7 pts an have better pts
Then the media said how great Lj game was there and only slightly mwntioned Wades even though he had better stats,6 steals,then in game 7 he had 23,10

still got called Miami Cavs like Really WTF

didnt know the cavs had a guy tht outplayed LeBron and shot better in most games and shot better overall
Wade 36 min
Lebron 40 hmm

it like come on

Fudge
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Did/Can anybody even read that? ^

Dro
10-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Harden top SG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MMJJZSAOOak/UWcC3JPE0DI/AAAAAAAAHPo/EgT9ztccs78/s640/James+Harden+Creepy.gif
lol

Le Shaqtus
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM
He facilitates more than shoots in those situations. He doesn't want the last shot, he wants the ball in his hand but not to shoot. Kind of hard to qualify.

List isn't that interesting. Nets get very little love (less than i'd think). And Dwight as best defender is LOL. Please. Talk about living on reputation.

What do you mean? He won 3 DPOY's in a row and just got back from injury. He's going to be the best defender in the league again this year. He's hardly living off his reputation.

Trollsmasher
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Did/Can anybody even read that? ^
It's unreadable. Theoo makes 200% more sense.

gts
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I can understand people saying that Kobe isn't the best player in the game anymore, even before injury. That's a more than understandable viewpoint. I do not however, see how people keep saying Kobe clutch is a myth. I don't care about career numbers, this is season to season.

Last season, look back at some of those games that by all means the Lakers should have lost but a surge by Kobe and the rest of the team lead them to winning those games. Clutch shot after clutch shot by Kobe and he basically tore his achilles trying to get that team to the playoffs after promising that they would and they did.

that's because of a predetermined line in the sand created by websites that tries to tell us what "clutch play" is.

Fact is real basketball people don't pay attention to that stat because they know clutch play cannot be watered down into a number. it's a message board stat. real basketball minds know clutch play is more than a basket it's more than a made or missed shot. clutch play is refusing to let a team lose no matter what you have to do. it's rebounds, it's diving for balls it's a great pass ala Lebron...

it can happen in the first quarter when a player stops the other team from going on a run with a key steal or drawn foul or in the final seconds of a game when a player hits a big shot or makes a huge rebound. it's a play that turns the game around or solidifies a lead.

what it's not is this BS 10 seconds or less on the shot clock in the last five minutes of the game with the team up or down by 5 points blah blah blah definition that only counts shots and ignores how that shot came to be or was defended and or any rational context in it's entirety

Hoopz2332
10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?
1. LeBron James, Miami -- 89.7%
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 6.9%
3. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland -- 3.4%
Last year: LeBron James -- 80.0%

:applause:

ripthekik
10-22-2013, 03:58 PM
If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?
1. LeBron James, Miami -- 89.7%
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 6.9%
3. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland -- 3.4%
Last year: LeBron James -- 80.0%

:applause:
but when it comes to taking the last shot...

Burgz V2
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?

1. James Harden, Houston -- 56.7%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 20.0%
3. Stephen Curry, Golden State; Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City; Paul George, Indiana -- 6.7%
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami -- 3.3%
Last year: Kobe Bryant -- 66.7%

"dont believe me just watch" :lol:lol:lol

Flash31
10-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?

1. James Harden, Houston -- 56.7%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 20.0%
3. Stephen Curry, Golden State; Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City; Paul George, Indiana -- 6.7%
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami -- 3.3%
Last year: Kobe Bryant -- 66.7%

"dont believe me just watch" :lol:lol:lol

Hold up
Kevin Durants a sg,might as well put Andrea Bargnani as a sg
Who voted KD as a Sg
and Steph Curry plays Pg,

And all better then Wade
Dam alot of teams must really hate Wade especially to consider
Durant a Better SG than him
WTF?

Defense non existent in opinions
Curry,Harden,Kobe,Durant Defense hmm

Hoopz2332
10-22-2013, 04:19 PM

I got that ether for that. Go check it out:eek: :oldlol: You might cry after you see the numbers

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314244

Fudge
10-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Hold up
Kevin Durants a sg,might as well put Andrea Bargnani as a sg
Who voted KD as a Sg
and Steph Curry plays Pg,

And all better then Wade
Dam alot of teams must really hate Wade especially to consider
Durant a Better SG than him
WTF?

Defense non existent in opinions
Curry,Harden,Kobe,Durant Defense hmm
He's a SG just as much as LeBron is a PF. :confusedshrug:

ralph_i_el
10-22-2013, 04:20 PM

the last shot is just 1 shot. it matters the same amount as any other shot. If you make another shot earlier in the game you wouldn't need a last shot to win.

lets have a survey: What player do you want taking the 23rd shot of the game? Just as valid

Trollsmasher
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
that's because of a predetermined line in the sand created by websites that tries to tell us what "clutch play" is.

Fact is real basketball people don't pay attention to that stat because they know clutch play cannot be watered down into a number. it's a message board stat. real basketball minds know clutch play is more than a basket it's more than a made or missed shot. clutch play is refusing to let a team lose no matter what you have to do. it's rebounds, it's diving for balls it's a great pass ala Lebron...

it can happen in the first quarter when a player stops the other team from going on a run with a key steal or drawn foul or in the final seconds of a game when a player hits a big shot or makes a huge rebound. it's a play that turns the game around or solidifies a lead.

what it's not is this BS 10 seconds or less on the shot clock in the last five minutes of the game with the team up or down by 5 points blah blah blah definition that only counts shots and ignores how that shot came to be or was defended and or any rational context in it's entirety
That's why the survey asks about the last shot only, an apsect of game Kobe is not good at.

Flash31
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
He's a SG just as much as LeBron is a PF. :confusedshrug:

LeBron has started at pf and played pf extensively especially in the playoffs
Whens the last time KD played major min at SG

Thats ridiculous

chazzy
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
That's why the survey asks about the last shot only, an apsect of game Kobe is not good at.
Neither is your boy. Theyre both around 30% for their career

JimmyMcAdocious
10-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Someone voted for McHale on the best offense? :lol Maybe he changes this year with Dwight, but I'm pretty sure last year was chuck 3s with the primary play of give it to Harden.

DeAndre the GOAT coach. :bowdown:

bdreason
10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Warriors getting no respect. Just how I like it.

NumberSix
10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Which team will win the East?

Chicago: 3.4%

:roll: :roll:

Sakkreth
10-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Noone picked McGee for most dangerous player in open floor ? I am disappointed. :(

ripthekik
10-23-2013, 01:19 AM
the last shot is just 1 shot. it matters the same amount as any other shot. If you make another shot earlier in the game you wouldn't need a last shot to win.

lets have a survey: What player do you want taking the 23rd shot of the game? Just as valid
Wrong. You probably never played organized bball before.

It is the ultimatum of the game, what everything comes down to. It's do or die. There's pressure on the last shot of the game, no pressure on the first shot of the game. It's the accumulation of the entire down, down to that last shot.

It tells a lot of story when a player puts his team on his shoulders and go for it. Some others cannot take the pressure and likes to pass. The GM see through it all.