Inferno
10-12-2013, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F3TKtobEBGA

Big Daddy Canada :applause:

Pointguard
10-12-2013, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F3TKtobEBGA

Big Daddy Canada :applause:
That was impressive. I didn't know he was that big. I certainly didn't know he was that good. Or that might just be a good game.

Johnny Jones
10-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I watched that game. He played awful the first 3 quarters.

Legends66NBA7
10-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Brampton (Bennett) vs Mississauga (Nicholson).

Sauga getting beat down by Brown Town. :(

Only people in those 2 areas will get it...

no pun intended
10-12-2013, 01:11 AM
How is Bennett in the post? I would assume he should dominate there due to his body mass, but if all he settles for are jumpshots, then might as well cut some weight.

plowking
10-12-2013, 01:25 AM
That was rather impressive, preseason or not.

Grinder
10-12-2013, 01:30 AM
You guys shouldn't be surprised...the guy was picked number one for a reason.

Don't let his frame fool you, he's as explosive as they come and a matchup nightmare. He's too big for perimeter players and too skilled on the perimeter for big men to guard.

DuMa
10-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Meh. He got hot for a meaningless ending to a preseason game against a bench unit of a team that probably isn't gonna make the playoffs.

Still doesnt justify being a #1 pick for me yet.
He's gotta lose weight.
Be dominant on the inside.
Show the impact defensively.
Maybe then, he will be worthy of praise.

Because right now, Hes just another shitty version of a Glen Davis.

andgar923
10-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Meh. He got hot for a meaningless ending to a preseason game against a bench unit of a team that probably isn't gonna make the playoffs.

He's gotta lose weight.

He reminds me of Zach Randolph much more.

JtotheIzzo
10-12-2013, 02:00 AM

He's gotta lose weight.

IT was actually a very close game at that point and he stepped up and took over. You'd think someone with your post count would be more observant but I guess not.

ISH never ceases to impress, he got ten boards in 23 minutes in his first game and everyone was 'too small to play four needs to get a jumper', now he starts draining js and it is all 'dominate inside'.

Shitty Glen Davis...The f*ck outta here!

Dr. Ice
10-12-2013, 02:00 AM
how is this impressive? It's the 4th quarter of a preseson, he's playing against camp invite players...

SCdac
10-12-2013, 02:38 AM
that turnaround jumper :applause:

josh99
10-12-2013, 04:55 AM
You guys should have watched the game... it was bizarre he couldn't do anything right in the first three quarters and looked horrible and then went beast mode in the fourth quarter. Hopefully it wasn't just a one off hot streak but based on the first three quarters he has a lot of learning to do (like learning how to set a screen without fouling)

Dr. Ice
10-12-2013, 04:57 AM
You guys should have watched the game... it was bizarre he couldn't do anything right in the first three quarters and looked horrible and then went beast mode in the fourth quarter. Hopefully it wasn't just a one off hot streak but based on the first three quarters he has a lot of learning to do (like learning how to set a screen without fouling)

It's because in the fourth quarter he was able to go up against inferior competition

senelcoolidge
10-12-2013, 05:06 AM
He was in the zone there. Too bad it's preseason and no one gives a crap. Never get too excited about preseason.

SyRyanYang
10-12-2013, 05:18 AM
calling black Dirk:rockon:

PleezeBelieve
10-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Form looks beautiful!

BlackWhiteGreen
10-12-2013, 06:40 AM
A bit of Paul Pierce in those step back jumpers?

Meticode
10-12-2013, 06:46 AM
It's because in the fourth quarter he was able to go up against inferior competition
He played with the second units, he didn't start. He went up against inferior competition in the first half as well.

Meticode
10-12-2013, 06:53 AM
how is this impressive? It's the 4th quarter of a preseson, he's playing against camp invite players...
Rookie
Cleared to play just over 1 week ago since not playing since before the draft
20 years old
second professional game ever
out of shape/overweight

....still dominated when it mattered. Does that help at all?

To4
10-12-2013, 07:14 AM
damn.. Fat Mamba..

Unforgiven
10-12-2013, 07:19 AM

Lol haters gonna hate.

If he continued his poor shooting, you would've ripped on him more. So he turns it around and has a really good stretch, and you still find a way to be negative.

Give the rookie a chance and some praise.

TheReturn
10-12-2013, 07:42 AM
The type of shots he's taking reminds me of Melo.

Eric Cartman
10-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Homeless man version of KG.

dirkdiggler41
10-12-2013, 07:53 AM
I watched the game before and his shot selection was bad. He seems to already have a Antoine Walker thing for the 3 point shot. He also got stuffed on a gimmie under the basket and was not able to convert on tip-ins. He hustled, but he did not look good out.

Im not saying he wont be star player, its to early to say, but I doubt it. I see him as a bad mix between Antoine Walker and Paul Milsap.

DukeDelonte13
10-12-2013, 08:01 AM
:oldlol: at the cavs haters already crawling out of the woodwork. Good sign IMO.

As stated before, this guy had no summer league, he wasn't allowed to shoot a basketball all summer, and he is nowhere near game shape.

Bennett might just be a special player. His frame is fantastic.

TheReturn
10-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Homeless man version of KG.
KG? How?

alenleomessi
10-12-2013, 08:40 AM
how can a first f*cking pick be this fat? seriously...

AirFederer
10-12-2013, 08:55 AM
He looks heavy and slow but I might be mistaken. Very smooth J, impressive:applause:

chips93
10-12-2013, 09:01 AM

as has been stated multiple times already in the thread, he was injured and couldnt work out over the summer

andremiller07
10-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Who cares if he's fat, it's what's between the ears and skills plus he's a crazy athlete hell if I could be fat and jump out the gym I would love being fat. Natural skills you cant teach conditioning you can, dude showed he's got plenty of ability.

Haks
10-12-2013, 09:29 AM
So many unjust haters.
Dude has real skills. Could turn out to be a steal even at no 1 lol

Jameerthefear
10-12-2013, 09:35 AM
As a Magic fan who actually watched the game (unlike 90% of the people in this thread..) he was quite bad for the first 3 quarters. Dumb fouls, shorts on 3s, and setting illegal screens, but he showed what he can do once he gets used to playing in the NBA. My only question is was he this used to shooting 3s in college too? I wish Cavs fans the best. :cheers:

chips93
10-12-2013, 09:53 AM
As a Magic fan who actually watched the game (unlike 90% of the people in this thread..) he was quite bad for the first 3 quarters. Dumb fouls, shorts on 3s, and setting illegal screens, but he showed what he can do once he gets used to playing in the NBA. My only question is was he this used to shooting 3s in college too? I wish Cavs fans the best. :cheers:

he made one 3 a game, and shot 37%, so thats pretty impressive for a freshman power forward

he has said that he has had a little trouble adjusting to the nba's longer 3pt line though

Burgz V2
10-12-2013, 03:50 PM

He's gotta lose weight.

this is one of the dumbest things you can say...if this is a "meaningless ending to a preseason game" then how can this be used to rationalize your comment.

gtfo, get a clue. you clearly know nothing about this kid's game. Glen Davis? yea ****ing right, when this guy gets in shape (which he hasn't been all summer due to injury) you'll eat crow. Saving this comment.

brandonislegend
10-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Still can't believe the Cavs took Paul Millsap with the 1st overall pick.

Burgz V2
10-12-2013, 03:56 PM

yea he shot the three but not often, Dave Rice had him on the block most of the time, but when they played him with Khem Birch he was extremely comfortable in the pick and pop with range to the college three easily, which made him a tough guard because he can definitely get to the rim off the catch

RedBlackAttack
10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Andrew Nicholson was defending him on many of those plays. He is anything but a "camp invitee scrub." Buy a clue, guys.

robert de niro
10-12-2013, 05:14 PM
really excited to see how this player develops during the season, hope he doesn't turn into a bust

KyleKong
10-12-2013, 05:17 PM
No sarcasm, that was impressive.

Nash
10-12-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't understand how a professional athlete could be this fat. I mean, the dude works out, runs up and down the floor every day and probably even 2 times a day. I mean, I can understand if you get fat by sitting at home eating pizza and never moving your body but training every day and being this fat? Dude must eat all kinds of junk food.

TonyMontana
10-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Still can't believe the Cavs took Paul Millsap with the 1st overall pick.

The Cavs will be lucky if this guy is as good as Millsap. Millsap at least gets inside and does a good job on the boards. This guy likes fadeaways, and jumpshots. This is the worst use of the #1 pick that I have ever seen. And I'm not talking about hindsight picks where we can all go back and laugh at Kwame Brown....This was a WTF pick immedietly.

Watched the highlight real and was unimpressed. Doesn't look athletic, just looks like he got hot taking a lot of tough, low percentage shots. It says a lot about this guy about how low expectations are for him. I heard Cleveland has 3 guys fighting for the starting 3 and not one of them is the guy they picked #1 overall in the draft. In the NBA the #1 overall pick in the draft is expected to be an immediate contributor, and in most cases the focal point of the franchise.

outbreak
10-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I watched the game and thought he was a joke for the first 3 quarters. 4th he went off though, even in pre season the shots and moves he made were contested and smooth he's got talent and turned my opinion around. Great player? Doubt it. solid pick in a poor draft? Looks likely

Jameerthefear
10-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I can't understand how a professional athlete could be this fat. I mean, the dude works out, runs up and down the floor every day and probably even 2 times a day. I mean, I can understand if you get fat by sitting at home eating pizza and never moving your body but training every day and being this fat? Dude must eat all kinds of junk food.
he just got off surgery

Eric Cartman
10-12-2013, 05:30 PM
The Cavs will be lucky if this guy is as good as Millsap. Millsap at least gets inside and does a good job on the boards. This guy likes fadeaways, and jumpshots. This is the worst use of the #1 pick that I have ever seen. And I'm not talking about hindsight picks where we can all go back and laugh at Kwame Brown....This was a WTF pick immedietly.

Watched the highlight real and was unimpressed. Doesn't look athletic, just looks like he got hot taking a lot of tough, low percentage shots. It says a lot about this guy about how low expectations are for him. I heard Cleveland has 3 guys fighting for the starting 3 and not one of them is the guy they picked #1 overall in the draft. In the NBA the #1 overall pick in the draft is expected to be an immediate contributor, and in most cases the focal point of the franchise.

If you were Cleveland who would've you picked?

outbreak
10-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Watch the before commentinghe exploded afew times and really surprised me for his acceleration with his size. This draft has so many potential busts with no clear cut stars, cavs took a guy they think will be a solid piece not the next LeBron

qrich
Has a smooth J, but still leaves a ton to be desired. Highlights can make anyone look good, I'm sure we can dig up a Kwame Brown highlight tape making him look dominant as well.

I mean, here's a Mike Taylor one. He's playing somewhere in Greece or some shit now, though he should be on a NBA roster as a backup point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO9sRTHxdiE

Dude went ape shit for an entire game in his MSG debut.

qrich

Since they had a hard on for Bennett, and many thought he'd be available at #4, why not trade down and pick up some other asset?

Dr. Ice
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Someone who could start atleast...or just trade down

In the history of the draft only 3 players have been #1 overall and not started...and all of their careers were disappointing

outbreak
10-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Your forgetting at the time rumors were that none could find a good deal trading down in this draft....
Cavs and Orlando had rumors of wanting to trade down but couldn't find partners

This year's a crap shoot draft

TonyMontana
10-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Nerlens Noel. Or trade down.

Not only is he the best player in the draft, but he will be missing the majority of the year as well. This doesn't bother me because if I'm not a contender I want to be a player in the 2014 NBA Draft so I don't mind sucking this year.

Cleveland thought they got a center with Bynum(LOL), and now they put all their eggs in the basket for the 2014 with below average free agent signings. They are now looking at a probable season as the 8th seed and getting swept by the Heat.

With an average draft pick, the impending max contract for their overrated point guard, and no cap room Cleveland is going to find themselves as a perenniel 8th seed. Amazing how a franchise that's gotten 3 #1 overall picks in the last decade have still managed to **** things up.

FatComputerNerd
10-12-2013, 05:46 PM
With an average draft pick, the impending max contract for their overrated point guard, and no cap room Cleveland is going to find themselves as a perenniel 8th seed. Amazing how a franchise that's gotten 3 #1 overall picks in the last decade have still managed to **** things up.

Not sure if serious.

Jameerthefear
10-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Not sure if serious.
it's tony. sadly he is.

Twiens
10-12-2013, 05:55 PM

In the history of the draft only 3 players have been #1 overall and not started...and all of their careers were disappointing

Name someone that would've started, there isn't one. Maybe Porter, but his ceiling is no where close to Bennett.

Twiens
10-12-2013, 05:55 PM

Not only is he the best player in the draft, but he will be missing the majority of the year as well. This doesn't bother me because if I'm not a contender I want to be a player in the 2014 NBA Draft so I don't mind sucking this year.

Cleveland thought they got a center with Bynum(LOL), and now they put all their eggs in the basket for the 2014 with below average free agent signings. They are now looking at a probable season as the 8th seed and getting swept by the Heat.

Chill you'll go back to being a Cavs fan soon..

Dr. Ice
10-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Name someone that would've started, there isn't one. Maybe Porter, but his ceiling is no where close to Bennett.

Which is why i would have tried my absolute hardest to trade down.

Twiens
10-12-2013, 06:03 PM

Meh, I agree but in a draft like this noone is trading down. There was no clear #1(evidenced by Noel dropping), I'm sure the only teams willing to trade up would be in the 10+ area

SilkkTheShocker
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM

He's gotta lose weight.

Good Lord, you don't know shit about basketball.

SilkkTheShocker
10-12-2013, 06:13 PM

You take the best talent available. Plain and simple.

RedBlackAttack
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
The word after the draft was the most serious deal the Cavs were ever offered was done by Charlotte and it's because they wanted Anthony Bennett.

Everyone just assumes that the "insiders" have it right and because a guy that wasn't "projected" to go No. 1 ends up being the first guy off the board, that they could have traded down and still got him.

The consensus guys in the conversation for the No. 1 pick were Noel, Len and McLemore. Not only did the Cavs not take any of those three, none of them even went in the Top 4.

So, why is it so obvious that if the Cavs traded down, they still get the guy they wanted? What GMs think and what the media thinks often vary greatly, which was never more obvious than in this draft... Not just with the top pick, but all the way through.

There are some really horrendous takes in this thread. Not even worth responding to, honestly.

Greg Oden 50
10-12-2013, 06:43 PM

Noel :roll:

Meticode
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Andrew Nicholson was defending him on many of those plays. He is anything but a "camp invitee scrub." Buy a clue, guys.
People will believe what they want. There were a number of teams him and Nicholson were literally battling for position on the block.

Meticode
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
The word after the draft was the most serious deal the Cavs were ever offered was done by Charlotte and it's because they wanted Anthony Bennett.

Everyone just assumes that the "insiders" have it right and because a guy that wasn't "projected" to go No. 1 ends up being the first guy off the board, that they could have traded down and still got him.

The consensus guys in the conversation for the No. 1 pick were Noel, Len and McLemore. Not only did the Cavs not take any of those three, none of them even went in the Top 4.

So, why is it so obvious that if the Cavs traded down, they still get the guy they wanted? What GMs think and what the media thinks often vary greatly, which was never more obvious than in this draft... Not just with the top pick, but all the way through.

There are some really horrendous takes in this thread. Not even worth responding to, honestly.

:bowdown:

DukeDelonte13
10-12-2013, 09:24 PM

what do you think of Kyrie saying he knew Cavs were taking Bennett a week prior to it happening? I like that rumor a lot better than the one that said the cavs were torn between Bennett and Mclemore up until 30 mins before the draft.

Anyways i'm pretty happy with the pick. Bennet is an incredible physical specimen that has skills. He has his flaws, but so does Noel, McLemore, Dipo, etc.

RedBlackAttack
10-12-2013, 09:32 PM
what do you think of Kyrie saying he knew Cavs were taking Bennett a week prior to it happening? I like that rumor a lot better than the one that said the cavs were torn between Bennett and Mclemore up until 30 mins before the draft.

Anyways i'm pretty happy with the pick. Bennet is an incredible physical specimen that has skills. He has his flaws, but so does Noel, McLemore, Dipo, etc.
I don't know what to think on the Kyrie one. I'd like to believe it's true.

As for the McLemore rumor, I hope to god that isn't true... He was my biggest fear in the draft. That pick would have made absolutely no sense to me.

LongLiveTheKing
10-12-2013, 10:39 PM
His jumper is good but he looks fat.

Johnny Jones
10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
His jumper is good but he looks fat.
Like others have said, he was injured the whole summer so he didn't have the ability to get in basketball shape.

bluechox2
10-12-2013, 11:11 PM
fatty's got some moves

JtotheIzzo
10-13-2013, 12:56 AM
The guy is going to be awesome. The hate is unrealistically vitriolic at this point which is a sign that the kid is moving the meter.

Here is a more likely reality of this draft down the road (not wishing anyone bad things, just prognosticating).

Bennett WILL be the best player.
Porter will struggle to be a rotation guy
Noel will struggle with injuries
Oladipo will be a nice piece
McLemore will be a shooter quick offense guy
Len will never play too many meaningful minutes

Based on common sense, Oladipo and Bennett were the only real choices at number 1.

BallsOut
10-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Not gonna lie, shades of the Black Mamba in his game there. Nice footwork to create those jumpshots under pressure. Although I said the same thing about Marshon Brooks in the past. :biggums: