PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Scrubbard about to be exposed again

Nick Young
10-11-2013, 07:27 AM
He already got exposed as an overrated garbageman with no offensive game in the 2009 finals, and then last season on the Lakers. No on the rockets the exposure will be complete.

Soon the sham of 'Dwight Howard=#1 Center in the NBA' will be destroyed.

#DwightSCRUBard13-14

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/17736-kobe-dunk-on-dwight-howard.jpg

Meticode
10-11-2013, 07:31 AM
I found the thread amusing considering your username and the waste of talent Nick Young as become in the league almost 7 years later.

Unbiased_one
10-11-2013, 07:34 AM
He already got exposed as an overrated garbageman with no offensive game in the 2009 finals, and then last season on the Lakers. No on the rockets the exposure will be complete.

Soon the sham of 'Dwight Howard=#1 Center in the NBA' will be destroyed.

#DwightSCRUBard13-14

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/17736-kobe-dunk-on-dwight-howard.jpg

Dwight has been by far the best centre in the league for a while now (except last year). He was so much better than everyone else that he was still te best centre in the league last year when he was injured. The rockets are a team to be feared., although I doubt they'll sort out their chemistry issues sufficiently to majorly contend.

East_Stone_Ya
10-11-2013, 07:36 AM
I found the thread amusing considering your username and the waste of talent Nick Young as become in the league almost 7 years later.

:oldlol:

Jameerthefear
10-11-2013, 07:38 AM
You tried to hard to make Howard and scrub rhyme... it just sounds dumb now :lol

Kblaze8855
10-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Dwight is like an 8-9 time all star, 5 time all NBA first team, 3 time DPOY, has led the league in total rebounds or been second I think 8 years in a row, hes been a 20+ppg scorer 4 times, has had more playoff success than most people in the hall of fame and he will join them on maybe the second or third vote.

Gonna make another of these in honor of his induction?

Dwight has had a HOf worthy career already and hes 27 or 28.

Hes doing quite ok.

To4
10-11-2013, 07:57 AM
as i seen dwight this past few preseason game, he is doing quite well, when he gets position in the post, he quickly uses some first step drives, or quick spin, and not relying too much on backing down his man.

Lebowski
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

9erempiree
10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Dwight is like an 8-9 time all star, 5 time all NBA first team, 3 time DPOY, has led the league in total rebounds or been second I think 8 years in a row, hes been a 20+ppg scorer 4 times, has had more playoff success than most people in the hall of fame and he will join them on maybe the second or third vote.

Hes doing quite ok.

Are you saying he's equivalent to all the hall of fame centers in history?

Hall of fame aside...can we honestly say he is equal to them? He's more on the bottom than the middle of the pack.

Unbiased_one
10-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Are you saying he's equivalent to all the hall of fame centers in history?

Hall of fame aside...can we honestly say he is equal to them? He's more on the bottom than the middle of the pack.

he's not quite in the top tier yet but he still has time. I can't see him breaking into the top 5 position because the centre position is stacked. I could see him being a top 25 player all time though when he retires.

You really are an idiot though. If I say 'allen Iverson has had a hall of fame career' it doesn't mean I think he's as good as every SG in history :lol

I<3NBA
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
the only thing that will be exposed is Kobe's cancerous nature.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Being a low end hall of fame center is not an insult. The games history goes deeper than the top 20 all time. Hes more of an Alex English hall of famer than a Larry Bird hall of famer. But hes earned his spot. Guys are already in who didnt have his resume after 15 year careers.

coin24
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Dwight a HOFer??!? Wtf is wrong with some of you?:facepalm

Carried to the finals and exposed badly... Superman dunk (lol)
Apart from that he hasn't achieved anything. In a league with no centers of course he'll grab a few boards. What about his amazing arsenal of offensive moves, running hook (brick), open dunk, fumble, turnover:oldlol:
Yeah greatest center in the game.

Unbiased_one
10-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Apart from that he hasn't achieved anything. In a league with no centers of course he'll grab a few boards. What about his amazing arsenal of offensive moves, running hook (brick), open dunk, fumble, turnover:oldlol:

He's a good offensive player and a transcendent defender. Just having him makes you a contender. He will likely go down as the 3rd best player of the 'LeBron era' (LeBron, Durant)

ispin69
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Laker/Kobe fans sure are bitter about the past. Get Dwight out of your head, he's in your head. Stop hating on him, he's not on your team anymore. Get him out of your dome.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Lakers fans going to be more unbearable than usual this year. Something tells me their denial will continue, even when it becomes obvious to everyone else that Dwight is back to his Orlando form.

HylianNightmare
10-11-2013, 11:31 AM
that picture is so old, people act like that was prime DPOY dwight

Mr Exlax
10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Exposed as the best center in the NBA when healthy. Sounds about right.

HeyIt'sMe
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Carried to the finals? Let me guess, it was Hedo and Rashard that carried him there, right? :roll: Dwight averaged 26 and 14 in that Cavs series and was far and away the best player on the Magic in that series when they beat LeBron and a 66 win Cavs team. Do people just make crap up as they go along? I swear, Turk and Rashard's performances get more and more fictional in terms of their impact on that team as the years go by.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Dwight a HOFer??!? Wtf is wrong with some of you?

Dwight is so sure to make the HOF id bet my life on it and sleep easy.

Hes like a 5 time all nba first teamer. Off the top of my head....the only guys to make it even once in the last 30 years who have been retired long enough and are not in the HOF are Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, and maybe Gus Johnson. Sprewell. Forgot him.

Dwight made as many as all 5 of them combined.

Paul Westphal and Gus Williams are the only players in history to lead a finals team have been retired long enough to make the HOF and not be in it. And some would say Dennis Johnson led the Sonics which would remove them from the list since hes in.

Hes led the league in rebounding 5 times. Nobody has done it twice, been retired 5 years, and isnt currently in.

Hes been a 20/13 player.

Know how many of them have failed to make the HOF in the last 60 years?

Truck robinson, Zelmo Beaty, and Spencer Haywood. And spencer is coming off that list eventually.

And Dwight did 4 times in 5 seasons.

Dwight is a 7 time all star. Know how many people have played in 7 all star games...have been retired long enough...and arent in the Hall?

And you have never heard of him. He came out in 1950 and was the guy who hit the game winner in the 19-18 game that forced the creation of the shot clock because his team stalled to beat George Mikan.

Dwight Howard is more likely to make the HOF than you are to wake up tomorrow.

You will probably wake up.

Dwight Howard is going to the HOF unless he goes on a killing spree at the home of a guy who turns out to also be his steriod connect....

And he better do it soon. If he does it 10 years after he retires it will be too late and he will be the black mark on the Hall like OJ Simpson.

If you take a moment to look at who is already in and think Dwight Howard will fail to make the HOF without a major scandal keeping him out Pete Rose style you are just a ****ing idiot.

Dwight Howard has accomplished about as much as Dave Bing, Pistol Pete, and Bob Lanier combined, won more than most already in the hall, and hes the age a lot of them just began to come into their primes.

He might play 10 more years.

His resume is gonna wipe the floor with Patrick Ewings one day.

He isnt better at basketball. But nobody has ever seen me say he was. It really isnt the issue.

Dwight is less skilled....but has had a better career than a huge number of people already considered legends.

Hes doing something very very right. He just has a gang of mad laker fans acting like hes garbage because him being anything else reflects poorly on Kobe in the eyes of many.

But thats pretty....whatever. Kobe doesnt need any help with his legacy at this point. It speaks for itself for the most part.

As does Dwights. Kobe and Dwight will be side by side in the same HOF for all time.

It may bug some. Doesnt bug me. Bill Russell and Chris Mullin are in the same HOF.

Being different levels doesnt mean they both dont belong. One is just more of a no brainer.

Andrei89
10-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I dont seem to recall Nick Young calling Dwight a scrub and talking about his 2009 performance when the Lakers just got him. In fact it was just the opposite.

Why people like this are still allowed on the forums is beyond me.

7_cody
10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
The couple of Laker fans that bash Dwight on here do not represent the majority of the Laker fan base

I would have loved to keep Dwight, but if he decided to move on then I am going to move on too. While he was frustrating as hell, easily exposed, and had severe weaknesses, he did a couple of things so well that made him such an important championship piece.

it's gonna suck watching Kaman and Gasol defend the rim this year

Brokenbeat
10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Laker/Kobe fans sure are bitter about the past. Get Dwight out of your head, he's in your head. Stop hating on him, he's not on your team anymore. Get him out of your dome.

You have a picture of a man you dislike for your avatar. Don't talk to him about getting another man out of his head, when you obviously can't stop thinking about Kobe, lol.

senelcoolidge
10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I heard one of those NBA analyst call Dwight Howard one of the greatest centers ever..:facepalm . Had Dwight even played just in the 90's he would not be a top 5 center in the league.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Blame it on the back injury if you want, but Dwight is a complete shit player ever since he got traded. And its not gonna change because of James Harden or Chandler ****ing Parsons.

All Net
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
If other mods weren't posting in this thread I would of deleted this crap

:rolleyes:

greymatter
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
All this hate from the Kobetards or Laker homers is on par with the type of hate you'd get from batshit insane psycho ex girlfriends. Not much a surprise since Dwight's departure guarantees Kobe never wins another title unless it's as a way past his prime coattailer.

greymatter
10-11-2013, 05:23 PM
There's no reason to expect Howard to become a tin man shadow of his former self at this point of his career. Prior to his injury, he was the most durable big since Mailman. I dislike him for being a whiny diva in his last season in Orlando, but that doesn't mean I hope he sucks balls the rest of his career. I just hope he never wins a title.

hitmanyr2k
10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
I find it very amusing that last year angry Orlando Magic fans were getting sh** on by hopeful Laker fans for ripping Dwight on his limitations. And now Magic fans have been vindicated while angry Laker fans are in the same boat as Magic fans last year and are getting sh** on by hopeful Rockets fans :oldlol:

Stempel, HERB
10-11-2013, 06:25 PM
If other mods weren't posting in this thread I would of deleted this crap

:rolleyes:

m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ you should lighten up

Bandito
10-11-2013, 06:46 PM
I dont seem to recall Nick Young calling Dwight a scrub and talking about his 2009 performance when the Lakers just got him. In fact it was just the opposite.

I know, as a talent Dwight is the best center in the NBA today. His main problem is that he's a chemistry killer and a cancer. Knew it since 10 and I knew he would fvck my Lakers, and heck I wasn't even happy about the trade since the beginning. But even I was defending Dwight last year by the way he played because he WAS coming out of a surgery on his back. He is human after all. ANd he played most of the games still. I think the problem with the Lakers last year was injuries to their main guys, Nash, Gasol, Kobe and the bench Hill.

LA_Showtime
10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Why does Dwight look so tiny nowadays? I was watching the all-star game from 4-5 years ago and he looked huge.

longtime lurker
10-11-2013, 07:18 PM

That was before Dwight confirmed he's a certified bitch. There's a reason that none of his teammates in Orlando have anything good to say about him and why his Lakers teammates didn't say anything good even though they played together for only 1 season. Rockets fans are gonna learn. We'll be having this same conversation 3 seasons from now.

wakencdukest
10-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I find it very amusing that last year angry Orlando Magic fans were getting sh** on by hopeful Laker fans for ripping Dwight on his limitations. And now Magic fans have been vindicated while angry Laker fans are in the same boat as Magic fans last year and are getting sh** on by hopeful Rockets fans :oldlol:

I was one of those hopeful fans. I thought we dodged a bullet getting rid of Bynum before he injured his knee again. I figured Howards defense would make up for his limited offensive game, but I noticed a few things about Howards game that I didn't like. He has bad hands, he tends to bobble a lot of point blank passes. He also brings the ball down to his waist on every posession, I can't even count how many times he was stripped by point guards last year. He commits stupid off the ball fouls in close games, it must have happened 2 or 3 times a game last season. He doesn't seem to take criticism or even advice well. The dude can clearly use some of the knowledge and advice that players and former players have offered, but he seems to take everything to heart and feels insulted everytime someone offers to help him with his game. I was hoping to see him fully healthy and with the Lakers for another season to see if he could put it all together, but to tell the truth, when he decided to leave, it pissed me off. I think Howard is a hell of a rebounder and defender, but I question his offensive game, b-ball IQ, and attitude. To me, that part of Howard was exposed in LA last season, and I don't know if you can attribute any of these things to him not being healthy.

Horde of Temujin
10-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Tim Duncan
Noah
Horford
Bogut

Are all better than Dwight

All Net
10-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Tim Duncan
Noah
Horford
Bogut

Stop posting.

coin24
10-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I swear most of you only watch top 10s and highlites..:facepalm
Dwight was carried in 09, it was the perfect surrounding cast for him, ie got him plenty of wide open dunks.. The rest of the team were hitting the big shots.Go and rewatch the series, don't see him much in the 4th right?:lol

it's not about being bitter, I'm glad he didn't resign and never wanted him to. After that disgraceful performance in the playoffs I never wanted to see him in a laker jersey again.

Kblaze8855
10-12-2013, 07:05 AM
Carried:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBIntMN6l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBIo9NOe0I

Act like an adult even if you arent.

Nobody on that team played nearly as well as Dwight. Their second best player didnt even play till the finals.

Dude holds down one of the best defenses in the league with a gang of guys who cant play defense, scores more than his teammates who have no job but to score(Rashard scored less than Dwight that playoffs even though he played 41 minutes a game and took 80 more shots), and steps up to drop 40 to get them to the finals....

But hes carried by guys nobody is gonna remember in 10 years. Because they made some open shots while he was the workhorse.

Id say its a laker fan issue but liking the Lakers does not make a man an idiot.

That runs deeper than Purple and Gold.

KyleKong
10-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Carried:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBIntMN6l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBIo9NOe0I

Act like an adult even if you arent.

Nobody on that team played nearly as well as Dwight. Their second best player didnt even play till the finals.

I miss that Dwight.

Nick Young
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM

Hes doing quite ok.
only stat that matters here: 0 rings

Eric Cartman
10-12-2013, 08:01 AM
only stat that matters here: 0 rings

No doubt it will stay that way.

Well maybe he'll get a Juwan Howard ring down the road.

Nick Young
10-12-2013, 08:05 AM
He's a good offensive player and a transcendent defender. Just having him makes you a contender. He will likely go down as the 3rd best player of the 'LeBron era' (LeBron, Durant)
http://i.imgur.com/Ujw9MVI.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XAxaV.gif

Nick Young
10-12-2013, 08:08 AM

I was saying D12 was worse then Bynum and overrated and had no offensive game for years. That didnt change when he became a Laker.

I thought he would be a decent enough 4th option and defensive role player atleast though, sadly scrubbard couldnt even pull off that basic role.

And he laughed on the bench in blowouts, including in the playoffs-what a natural born loser.

Kblaze8855
10-12-2013, 08:33 AM
You are correct. He may be doomed to be a 13 time all star 8 time all nba first teamer with 5 DPOYs and be one of about 110 HOF players to never lead a team to a ring. What an awful fate for a scrub.

Chrono90
10-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of Dwight but he's not a scrub and hell yea i'm going to pick him in my fantasy league if i get him in the 3rd round. He's not that bad at all. He's going to give you good numbers.

Djsonny
10-12-2013, 05:01 PM
howard is awesome........as the #1 option.

Unbiased_one
10-12-2013, 05:37 PM

He is one of the greatest defensive players ever.

PickernRoller
10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
as i seen dwight this past few preseason game, he is doing quite well, when he gets position in the post, he quickly uses some first step drives, or quick spin, and not relying too much on backing down his man.

You think that's gonna last? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dwight is no scrub, defensively.

hitmanyr2k
10-13-2013, 03:20 AM
You are correct. He may be doomed to be a 13 time all star 8 time all nba first teamer with 5 DPOYs and be one of about 110 HOF players to never lead a team to a ring. What an awful fate for a scrub.

Dwight has impressive credentials (for this era) but at the same time you have to put it into context. He'll rack up some accolades that would suggest that he's up there with the greatest centers of all-time when realistically we know he's getting those accolades because there's been a big void at the center position for awhile now.

cranincu
10-13-2013, 03:28 AM
Dude is a bonafide scrub living off what SVG did for him and "sick dunks." 10 pts, 4 tos, 5 fouls on 38% shooting in a preseason game? Are you kidding me?

joeyjoejoe
10-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Can see why he's not the most popular Guy but dam is he gettin underrated by some ppl here especially Kobe stans

CanYouDigIt
10-13-2013, 03:36 AM
I wonder which fan base was more salty when their star player left them, Cleveland or LA. :roll:

oh the horror
10-13-2013, 04:25 AM
I wonder which fan base was more salty when their star player left them, Cleveland or LA. :roll:

Problem is, it isn't just "LA fans" beginning to say things like this concerning Howard. But that's all you kids want to see.

When dude starts throwing teammates or your coach under the bus you'll see.

Mr. Jabbar
10-13-2013, 04:46 AM
I feel sorry for the rockets, they landed an overrated clown which is a no-championship guarantee unless you play him as a 3rd option seeing no minutes down the stretch, and eventhen, he'll kill your locker room.

Basically, Dwight Howard has been overrated past the point of no-return. His market value will never regress back enough to his real value, hence, a franchise liability.

SyRyanYang
10-13-2013, 05:00 AM
He won't be a 1st option ever again.
Orlando was the perfect situation for him but he blew it up.
He could have taken a backseat in LA and waited for Kobe to retire.
Looking forward to the 3rd episode of this drama queen. Gonna be fun.

Just take a pay-cut and join the Warriors you bitch

Eric Cartman
10-13-2013, 05:14 AM
He won't be a 1st option ever again.
Orlando was the perfect situation for him but he blew it up.
He could have taken a backseat in LA and waited for Kobe to retire.
Looking forward to the 3rd episode of this drama queen. Gonna be fun.

Just take a pay-cut and join the Warriors you bitch

Clear #2 to Harden for the time being and if Parsons elevates his game he will be the third option. No different than LA.

CanYouDigIt
10-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Dwight averaged 20pts/15reb/2blk in the Playoffs he lead ORL to the Finals.

Imagine if Dwight had the depth that this Rockets team has.

deja vu
10-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Truth is Dwight Scrubbard would get clowned in the 90s.

Kevin Willis >>> Dwight Scrubbard :roll:

MMM
10-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Clear #2 to Harden for the time being and if Parsons elevates his game he will be the third option. No different than LA.

He might be #2 as a scoring option but Howard's impact is greater than Harden's and it will need to be if they want to be a title contender.

Nick Young
10-13-2013, 06:36 AM
He is one of the greatest defensive players ever.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/schwartzo/blakckid.gif

Did you guys forget how much he f*cked around Orlando, how he got Stan Van Gundy fired, lied to his face on national TV, and then left Orlando anyways?

The Dwightmare will continue in Houston. He is a team killing natural born loser.

Nick Young
10-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Tim Duncan
Noah
Horford
Bogut

You're right. Also Hibbert should be on the list.

CanYouDigIt
10-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Did you guys forget how much he f*cked around Orlando, how he got Stan Van Gundy fired, lied to his face on national TV, and then left Orlando anyways?

The Dwightmare will continue in Houston. He is a team killing natural born loser.
What does all of this have to do with being a great defender and multi-time DPOY?

Nick Young
10-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Dwight averaged 20pts/15reb/2blk in the Playoffs he lead ORL to the Finals.

Imagine if Dwight had the depth that this Rockets team has.
That was 4 years ago and his game has regressed since then, also teams figured out his weaknesses, of which there are many. He has not improved at all since then and his work rate on the court has gone down.

Also in the finals did you forget how he got exposed?

Did you forget how he drove SVG out of town?

Did you forget how one of the greatest FT shooters of all time Steve Nash offered Howard to train him and give him FT advice and Howard ignored it and told Nash to leave him alone?

This guy is 29. What you're seeing now is prime Howard. He's not going to suddenly gain touch, a killing instinct or offensive post moves. He is only going to get worse from here on out.

KOBE143
10-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Glad we get rid of that scrub.. I can see Houston would probably regret someday for signing him.. Dude is done and would get worsen as his career continue.. Good luck to all the fans of Rockets.. Your team made a big mistake.. :oldlol:

Frozen1
10-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I agree 100% with the OP.

By the way, i kind understand Howard leaving LA. How would Dwight feel confortable playing with someone who made he feel his dick on that photo?

Nick Young
10-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I agree 100% with the OP.

By the way, i kind understand Howard leaving LA. How would Dwight feel confortable playing with someone who made he feel his dick on that photo?
Dwight Scrubard couldnt deal with being the 4th best player on the team behind Mamba, Nash and Gasol.

CanYouDigIt
10-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Laker fans are too obsessed with D12. Dude averaged a double-double while being injured all last season.

I just hope Faker fans have an asshole big enough for Dwight's shlong after him and Harden trash them when the Regular Season starts. :lol

greymatter
10-14-2013, 06:18 AM
This guy is 29. What you're seeing now is prime Howard. He's not going to suddenly gain touch, a killing instinct or offensive post moves. He is only going to get worse from here on out.

That 1st grade math is tough, isn't it? He's still 27. Turns 28 in December.

greymatter
10-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Howard's exit is going to shorten ISH's typical Kobetard's life expectancy by at least 10 years. All that anguish releases stress hormones which over the long term which will age them considerably.

Bravo D12!:applause: :applause: