PDA

View Full Version : Heat are still good.

305Baller
10-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I just wanted to remind you that the Miami Heat are still a great basketball team and that Chris Bosh has been the flavor of the preseason. After beasting in game 1 with a plethora of spin attacks he now has 17 points in the first half against the vaunted Pistons frontcourt.

You may now return to your previously scheduled NBA thread intake.

Greg Oden 50
10-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I just wanted to remind you that the Miami Heat are still a great basketball team and that Chris Bosh has been the flavor of the preseason. After beasting in game 1 with a plethora of spin attacks he now has 17 points in the first half against the vaunted Pistons frontcourt.

NEVER AS GD AS 96 BULLS

aj1987
10-10-2013, 09:38 PM
I hope he tries to focus on his rebounding this season. We can do without his offense (scoring 20+), but desperately need him to grab 9 or 10 rebounds a game.

DaSeba5
10-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I hope he tries to focus on his rebounding this season. We can do without his offense (scoring 20+), but desperately need to to grab 9 or 10 rebounds a game.

This. His rebounding is more important than his scoring (although I love when he scores well).

All Net
10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Bosh's rebounding is down to where spo plays him more than anything else.

memetherapy
10-10-2013, 09:43 PM
And Beasley's looking good.

aj1987
10-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Bosh's rebounding is down to where spo plays him more than anything else.
I could understand his offensive boards falling, but even his defensive rebounding numbers took a dive.

nathanjizzle
10-10-2013, 09:50 PM
heat are better than last year

ChuckOakley
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
65+ wins this season.

The team is peaking now.
-LBJ is peaking
-Spolestra has learned a lot as a coach
-They have increased their win total each season and they were only formed 3 years ago
-they won 27 in a row last year
-They add a full season of Andersen (38-4 with him last year)
-They add low risk/high reward Beasley and Oden

Unlike most dynasty's who took a long while to be put together and regressed in the win column after their 1st title, the Heat will have their best season as a team assuming LBJ stays healthy.

jzek
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Is Oden and Beasley playing?

Human Error
10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Is Oden and Beasley playing?
Beasley played his first preseason game and scored 9 points in 8 minutes. Oden probably will not play deep into the regular season.

SpaceJammeR
10-10-2013, 11:03 PM
beas looked good today.

ripthekik
10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
they're done this year.
Everyone's a bit older. Wade could play healthy for the whole season but age 20 years in the playoffs. How old is ray now, do you expect him to bail lebron out again?

The more touches and usage Bosh gets, the less for Lebron. Trouble brewing. Man wants his stats.

All Net
10-10-2013, 11:45 PM
they're done this year.
Everyone's a bit older. Wade could play healthy for the whole season but age 20 years in the playoffs. How old is ray now, do you expect him to bail lebron out again?

The more touches and usage Bosh gets, the less for Lebron. Trouble brewing. Man wants his stats.

stop posting...seriously.

ripthekik
10-10-2013, 11:47 PM
stop posting...seriously.
only if you rep me.

DaSeba5
10-11-2013, 12:40 AM
they're done this year.

Oh we're done now? I thought we were the most stacked team in history. :rolleyes:

Dengness9
10-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Never won a title with Rose healthy.

Duh.

Idiots.

funnystuff
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM

Duh.

Idiots.
Rose was healthy in 2012-2013, he would just rather eat skittles and watch instead.

ripthekik
10-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Oh we're done now? I thought we were the most stacked team in history. :rolleyes:
Relatively yes. Last year you had 3 of the east's starting lineup and one of the best shooters in the history of the league, while all the other top 10 players were injured and not playing in the playoffs: rose, kobe, westbrook, etc.

Thats the only way you could win, stacking up and having no competition, and you still needed a hail mary 3 by ray to save lebron's ass and you don't realize it.

2swift4u
10-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Beasley looked good. Lebron again didn't. So he either doesn't care about the preseason or he's not in a good shape yet. His jumpshots looked horrible and he even missed an open dunk.
I know it's just the preseason but sometimes you can tell players had a great summer by the way they play in the preseason. Lebron right now looks like he was testing the new NBA2K14 game all summer instead of working out :D

secund2nun
10-11-2013, 04:42 AM
n/a

RoseCity07
10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Watch the first game Lebron will have 30,8,10. Wade will have 23, 6, and 4.

Bosh will have 8 point 4-10 shooting with 10 rebounds.

That's what the preseason means in comparison with the regular season. Wade and Lebron will be getting their shots.

poido123
10-11-2013, 04:52 AM

You needed to make a thread to remind us of this?

Insecurity at its finest. :hammerhead:

ihoopallday
10-11-2013, 04:52 AM

Duh.

Idiots.

They didn't win the title in 2011, but didn't they go through a healthy Rose to get there? Even if they lost the finals, Rose had nothing to do with that. Well, unless he was in a Mavs jersey and I didn't notice.

gts
10-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Relatively yes. Last year you had 3 of the east's starting lineup and one of the best shooters in the history of the league

You say that as if it's a bad thing. You trot that out as if it's some reason to degrade the Heat or nullify their accomplishments.

You seem to be really young and I'm not sure you understand how sports works so I'll explain it to you. You have this guy called the GM his job is to get as many good players on the team as he can, then all the good players try and win games. The Heat did both and they got the big trophy, it's actually something to be praised

ripthekik
10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
You say that as if it's a bad thing. You trot that out as if it's some reason to degrade the Heat or nullify their accomplishments.

You seem to be really young and I'm not sure you understand how sports works so I'll explain it to you. You have this guy called the GM his job is to get as many good players on the team as he can, then all the good players try and win games. The Heat did both and they got the big trophy, it's actually something to be praised
You seem to be the young one here as you don't even see the reason why I'm stating those facts.

poido123
10-11-2013, 10:30 AM

Well yeah, that is a Lakerland philosophy and it has proven successful for you guys, but you have also drafted and developed good players too.

Much rather team drafted players develop and stay on that team, rather than a group of friends joining together and make winning a title much easier, but that's just me :confusedshrug:

plowking
10-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Well yeah, that is a Lakerland philosophy and it has proven successful for you guys, but you have also drafted and developed good players too.

Much rather team drafted players develop and stay on that team, rather than a group of friends joining together and make winning a title much easier, but that's just me :confusedshrug:

3 of our starters are drafted by the Heat. :confusedshrug:

Every player has to be drafted by the team? lol...
We have more players that were drafted by us in our starting 5 then Chicago does... lol.

Bandito
10-11-2013, 11:13 AM
I could understand his offensive boards falling, but even his defensive rebounding numbers took a dive.
He is playing out of position at center.

Mr. Incredible
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Never seen a poster more afraid of a player and team than ripthekik.

Feels good man.

All Net
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM

Miami have got guys who they drafted and developed. Their PG's are a good example of that.

HomieWeMajor
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Bosh should be shooting close to 60 % this season
The Heat as a team should shoot 55%+ over the season

arifgokcen
10-11-2013, 03:57 PM
You seem to be the young one here as you don't even see the reason why I'm stating those facts.
ripthekik and facts together well thats a first