PDA

View Full Version : Kobe 6-24 flashback NBA TV

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:02 PM
currently indulging on this classic game 7 on NBA TV. :cheers:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Most memorable Kobe playoff moment ever.

Marchesk
08-19-2013, 12:07 PM
auto-ban in place yet :confusedshrug:

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:21 PM
It's actually true, sad as that may be.

Not to say Kobe hasn't had his fair share of poignant playoff moments, but this is undoubtedly his most memorable

Lakers2877
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Ray Allen 3/14

Gasol 6/16

Was a brutal night shooting for everyone. A game won with defense and rebounding

Lakers2877
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
It's actually true, sad as that may be.

Not to say Kobe hasn't had his fair share of poignant playoff moments, but this is undoubtedly his most memorable
Sad? Winning the title= sad? Lol are you stupid or something?

Yeah I put beating the celtics in game 7 to win back to back titles up there as one of his greatest moments

Lakers2877
08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Bynum 1/5

Pierce 5/15

Artest 7/18

You guys who are so concerned with shooting are clowns and I'm embarrassed for your knowledge of the nba

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Sad? Winning the title= sad? Lol are you stupid or something?

Yeah I put beating the celtics in game 7 to win back to back titles up there as one of his greatest moments
Why are you so defensive? It's sad that a legend like Kobe is remembered most by shooting 6-24 in a Finals game 7. You added context. Congratulations. Does not change the fact that this is Kobe's most memorable playoff performance.

Lakers2877
08-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Why are you so defensive? It's sad that a legend like Kobe is remembered most by shooting 6-24 in a Finals game 7. You added context. Congratulations. Does not change the fact that this is Kobe's most memorable playoff performance.
Yes laughing at your stupidity and lack of hoops knowledge means I'm defensive

Lakers2877
08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
What I will remember most is the fact that as awful as he was from the field he stayed aggressive, didn't go in the tank, like another star, I'm sure you know who I mean, and ended up scoring 10 4th quarter points

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes laughing at your stupidity and lack of hoops knowledge means I'm defensive
Can't tell what you're doing outside of your keyboard. All I see is a guy clearly being defensive of his favorite basketball player. I'm a Kobe fan, but I acknowledge facts.

Kobe shot 25% in a Finals game 7. Are you arguing against fact? How does me stating this objectively effect my basketball knowledge?

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:39 PM
What I will remember most is the fact that as awful as he was from the field he stayed aggressive, didn't go in the tank, like another star, I'm sure you know who I mean, and ended up scoring 10 4th quarter points
Agreed. Kobe is a great player. Sucks that most will only remember him for shooting 6/24 in a finals game 7:facepalm Idiots have no knowledge on the sport.

branslowski
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
The 23pts 15reb game 7, where he scored 10pts in the 4th of a tight game along with great D which led us to a title? Watchin it!

Budadiiii
08-19-2013, 12:46 PM
The 23pts 15reb game 7, where he scored 10pts in the 4th of a tight game along with great D which led us to a title? Watchin it!
Me too bro!

Ready to watch that legendary celebration where he flashes the 5 fingers to the crowd :bowdown:

Inspires me in more ways than one.

Magic 32
08-19-2013, 12:49 PM

http://static.flickr.com/20/69951388_3826cc5f45.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobe has been in the league since 96 and he still has no Flu Game, Headband Game, etc. Nothing. No notable playoff moments.

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
All Kobe provides is scoring anyways, so when he has a bad shooting night, it's just an awful night.

He is no Lebron or Jordan, a guy that can impact the game in multiple ways.

Heavincent
08-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Headband Game

:roll:

rhythmic
08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Kobe has been in the league since 96 and he still has no Flu Game, Headband Game, etc. Nothing. No notable playoff moments.

You didn't watch game 6 against the Phoenix Suns in 2010 bro?
Guy had arguably the greatest display of shooting you'll ever see.

He was hitting the most difficult shots imaginable, stop your senseless hating.

CAstill
08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
All Kobe provides is scoring anyways, so when he has a bad shooting night, it's just an awful night.

Didn't he have 15 rebounds? :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM

So his defense, and his 15reb don't count? I swear ISH has become the playground for the lowest IQ posters.:facepalm

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Didn't he have 15 rebounds? :facepalm
Yeah he stole those reobunds from Gasol, Bynum, and Odom who were boxing out.

Don't care. All he did was pad the stat-sheet.

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:37 PM
So his defense, and his 15reb don't count? I swear ISH has become the playground for the lowest IQ posters.:facepalm
Defense? What defense? :oldlol: lol at 15 rebs, like anyone would be talking about that if they lost. It's just some random stat Kobe dominated in that game, so people credit him for that.

Truth is Gasol and Artest bailed Kobe out in that game. Gasol, the real 2010 Finals MVP.

imdaman99
08-19-2013, 01:37 PM
yes he shot 6-24, but its not like he shot 3-14 when lebron decided to quit on the cavs.

LeQuit happens :rockon:

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah he stole those reobunds from Gasol, Bynum, and Odom who were boxing out.

Don't care. All he did was pad the stat-sheet.

So all the rebounds Kobe got was stolen and stat padded, but LeBrons rebounds are never stolen and stat paded?:lol

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
So all the rebounds Kobe got was stolen and stat padded, but LeBrons rebounds are never stolen and stat paded?:lol
Nope, Lebron boxes out for his rebounds. Kobe just stands there in the corner and comes out of the middle of no where to jack it from his teammates.

Tmac did the same thing. Kobe is just the non-injury version of him anyways.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
LeBorn>>>>>Kobe :oldlol: :oldlol:

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Nope, Lebron boxes out for his rebounds. Kobe just stands there in the corner and comes out of the middle of no where to jack it from his teammates.

So Kobe just jacked everybody for those 15reb huh? They don't count at all because you said so....Kobe came out of the corner, vanished into the middle of the paint, and jacked over 15reb, wow, that's amazing.:lol

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:51 PM
So Kobe just jacked everybody for those 15reb huh? They don't count at all because you said so....Kobe came out of the corner, vanished into the middle of the paint, and jacked over 15reb, wow, that's amazing.:lol
All guards do that.

Lebron is a forward/big though, so he earns those rebounds. Same with Pau Gasol, the real 2010 Finals MVP.

CAstill
08-19-2013, 01:53 PM

You're a clown a rebound is a rebound. Yeah he did play D that night both teams did. Kobe was the only one who could hit a freethrow too. He was also the person who found artest for the crucial 3 at the end lol. He was the heart of the team he was the reason they were there in the first place. Haters can harp on the fg% all they want but facts is facts and the bottom line was that he hit 10 points in the fourth period and got the W. Back to back titles with back to back FMVPs. Yup pretty memorable.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Narrative of Game 7 will always be how Artest, Fisher, and Gasol saved game 7 for the Lakers.

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:55 PM
All guards do that.

Lebron is a forward/big though, so he earns those rebounds. Same with Pau Gasol, the real 2010 Finals MVP.

Checked google, Kobe still has 2 Finals MVPs....But continue ur troll reality sport.:oldlol:

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 01:55 PM
You're a clown a rebound is a rebound. Yeah he did play D that night both teams did. Kobe was the only one who could hit a freethrow too. He was also the person who found artest for the crucial 3 at the end lol. He was the heart of the team he was the reason they were there in the first place. Haters can harp on the fg% all they want but facts is facts and the bottom line was that he hit 10 points in the fourth period and got the W. Back to back titles with back to back FMVPs. Yup pretty memorable.
lol at Kobe playing D. Standing there and giving Rondo like 15 ft of room is not defense. Kobe hasn't played D since Shaq was around.

Gasol was the real 2010 Finals MVP. He was the best player on that championship team.

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Narrative of Game 7 will always be how Artest, Fisher, and Gasol saved game 7 for the Lakers.

In your world maybe...If the real world thought this, Gasol or Artest would of won Finals MVP.....And ain't nobody save someones career like Ray Allen did LeBrons in game 6.:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 01:59 PM
In your world maybe...If the real world thought this, Gasol or Artest would of won Finals MVP.....And ain't nobody save someones career like Ray Allen did LeBrons in game 6.:oldlol:

You can disagree all you want. The narrative of game 7 will always be the same. Can't say the same for LeBron because he had one of the best game 7s in NBA finals history. Kobe? Not so much.

branslowski
08-19-2013, 01:59 PM
lol at Kobe playing D. Standing there and giving Rondo like 15 ft of room is not defense. Kobe hasn't played D since Shaq was around.

Gasol was the real 2010 Finals MVP. He was the best player on that championship team.

:oldlol: Comedy gold...You gotta love low iq trolls sometimes.

branslowski
08-19-2013, 02:03 PM
You can disagree all you want. The narrative of game 7 will always be the same. Can't say the same for LeBron because he had one of the best game 7s in NBA finals history. Kobe? Not so much.

How would the narrative be the same if ppl see 28ppg 8reb 4ast 2stl vs Top defense along with a Finals MVP? All Facts for that series.

Gasol, Artest, Nor Fisher won the Finals MVP....So again, stop living in fairytale land troll.:lol

longtime lurker
08-19-2013, 02:08 PM

:oldlol: maybe in your creepy little head.

On the other hand the narrative of game 6 in this years NBA finals will ALWAYS be Ray Allen saving the Heat's championship season not Lebron :oldlol:

CAstill
08-19-2013, 02:15 PM

Kobe played Rondo right and had him have a difficult time doing the things he likes, sounds like good D to me when you're interrupting the flow of the opponents offense.

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobe played Rondo right and had him have a difficult time doing the things he likes, sounds like good D to me when you're interrupting the flow of the opponents offense.
Kobe didn't do anything differently than what he normally does. He just guarded a bad shooter that time. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
:oldlol: maybe in your creepy little head.

On the other hand the narrative of game 6 in this years NBA finals will ALWAYS be Ray Allen saving the Heat's championship season not Lebron :oldlol:

You can tell yourself otherwise all you want. LeBron hit a game winning shot in game 7 to close the series out. Kobe got carried. You can't change history, but I will give you props for trying :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Kobe didn't do anything differently than what he normally does. He just guarded a bad shooter that time. :oldlol:

This. All he does is play safety. And the sad part is he isn't even good at it. He always lets spot up shooters go off.

CAstill
08-19-2013, 02:27 PM

Then how come everybody else can't shut Rondo down? Lol Kobe just magically got lucky huh? Like his whole career right? Kobe stays making you mad.

longtime lurker
08-19-2013, 02:29 PM
You can tell yourself otherwise all you want. LeBron hit a game winning shot in game 7 to close the series out. Kobe got carried. You can't change history, but I will give you props for trying :applause:

Ray Allen hit the SERIES saving shot in game 6. All Lebron's title hopes and legacy was literally saved by Ray Allen. :lol

Oh wait I'm wrong, just look at the title of this article :lol

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2013/06/19/chris-bosh-finals-miami-heat-vs-san-antonio-spurs-game-6/2437043/

SwayDizzle
08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Kobeeeee I love youuuuu, don't mind these irrational haters....

Marchesk
08-19-2013, 02:38 PM
LeBorn>>>>>Kobe :oldlol: :oldlol:

Wilt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron in everyone's list who isn't a Lebron stan on ISH.

Heavincent
08-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Lebron is a legend, but lets not act like Ray Allen didn't save his ass. If Ray misses then we'd all be ripping on Lebron for getting shut down by Boris Diaw.

He had a great game 7, but Ray's heroics gave him that opportunity.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Game 7 for LeBron: http://stats.nba.com/photos/james-shot-700-130620.jpg

Game 7 for Kobe: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NBA%20Finals%20Game%207%20Boston%20Celtics%20v%20L os%20Angeles%20geHD5oh9exSl.jpg

One hit a game winner. the other was carried.

imdaman99
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
when do we get to see the boris diaw game? where he locks up a superstar :bowdown:

boris diaw for DPOY :applause:

Jacks3
08-19-2013, 03:11 PM
2010 playoffs:

29 PPG
6 RPG
6 APG
2 APG
57% TS
116 ORTG
23 games

while playing on a bum knee. :bowdown:

one of the greatest playoff runs of all-time. :bowdown:

9erempiree
08-19-2013, 03:15 PM
currently indulging on this classic game 7 on NBA TV. :cheers:

So am I. Never gets old seeing Kobe and the Lakers hoist that trophy.

pegasus
08-19-2013, 03:16 PM

:facepalm

imdaman99
08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
:facepalm
he's so delusional :roll:

Nick Young
08-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Prepare to witness the GOAT clutch rebounding performance by a shooting guard in finals history.

Not to mention top 5 of all time defensive performances shutting down one of the best shooters ever

longtime lurker
08-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Game 7 for Kobe: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NBA%20Finals%20Game%207%20Boston%20Celtics%20v%20L os%20Angeles%20geHD5oh9exSl.jpg

LMAO it must be so hard to live in denial knowing that Chris Bosh saved your team's season.

LongLiveTheKing
08-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Ron Artest hitting the biggest shot of the game! :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Kobe's game 7 and LeBron's Game 7 really couldn't any different. One was clutch, made all the right decisions, and hit a game winner. The other one was baited into taking bad shots because Rivers knew Kobe wasn't good enough to carry the team on his own. And he was right. Thankfully for the Lakers, Artest/Fisher/Gasol took over in the the 4th :applause:

rhythmic
08-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Kobe's game 7 and LeBron's Game 7 really couldn't any different. One was clutch, made all the right decisions, and hit a game winner. The other one was baited into taking bad shots because Rivers knew Kobe wasn't good enough to carry the team on his own. And he was right. Thankfully for the Lakers, Artest/Fisher/Gasol took over in the the 4th :applause:

Kobe held Allen to 3 for 15 shooting, and grabbed 15 rebounds.
His shot was off, true but he helped his team win game 7.

Gasol was 6 for 16 in game 7 too...

longtime lurker
08-19-2013, 04:20 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1669281/allen3.gif

Chris Bosh saves Miami Heat late in NBA Finals Game 6

Everything Lebron has he owes it to Chris Bosh!

20Four
08-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Your a bad troll....lol I dont usually post on these forums but seeing you post bullshit after bullshit im getting tired of it...and im pretty sure a lot of people in here are too...so do us all a favor and just leave ISH forever, nobody will miss you...you scum bag piece of monkey $hit :biggums:

AlphaWolf24
08-19-2013, 04:25 PM
LMAO....a classic " Will your team to victory" game by Bean...

the funniest part about this game.....Michael Jordan's son tweeting...

" NO ONE ever compare Kobe to MJ ( My Dad )....he's jagging this game"

:roll: ......Niqqa...you know damn well know your Dad wishes Kobe was his son.....instead he got you...5'10" with glasses...( I seen MJ's son play...look likes he got hands like feet when he dribbles)

- hopefully MJ's F@ck trophy son gets the Air Jordan gene...

All Net
08-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Indeed,easy for people to remember the negatives.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Your a bad troll....lol I dont usually post on these forums but seeing you post bullshit after bullshit im getting tired of it...and im pretty sure a lot of people in here are too...so do us all a favor and just leave ISH forever, nobody will miss you...you scum bag piece of monkey $hit :biggums:

Contradiction.

SamuraiSWISH
08-19-2013, 04:28 PM
- hopefully MJ's F@ck trophy son gets the Air Jordan gene...
Stop man, you made me spit shit all over the computer.

:oldlol:

funnystuff
08-19-2013, 04:30 PM

:hammerhead:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 04:31 PM

:hammerhead:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
08-19-2013, 05:13 PM
That game pissed me off so much. It will forever color my perception of Kobe. I always knew he was stubborn and selfish, but that game tainted my view on his overall legacy because he almost cost the Lakers a championship. Not only did he play miserably, his attitude and general negativity wore the team down.

riseagainst
08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
That game pissed me off so much. It will forever color my perception of Kobe. I always knew he was stubborn and selfish, but that game tainted my view on his overall legacy because he almost cost the Lakers a championship. Not only did he play miserably, his attitude and general negativity wore the team down.

:biggums:
:wtf:

zoom17
08-19-2013, 07:06 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Kobe Bryant rare game 7 highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6161Cb6GB3E

CarlosBoozer
08-19-2013, 07:33 PM
dat backboard shot :roll:

Hoopz2332
08-19-2013, 07:51 PM

the play @ :40 sec is:hammerhead: :coleman: :biggums: hero ball at it's finest

secund2nun
08-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Gasol= finals MVP

This was the biggest robbery in NBA history. Hey kobe, your azz was a 7th seed first round KO before Gasol joined the team. In no form did you carry LA like a REAL GOAT type played did. Gasol was your equal.

b4uc.23
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Sad but true.

INDI
08-19-2013, 10:04 PM

23 and 15 is all people will remember about his play 10 years from now

Trollsmasher
08-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Not really.

The 6-24 is simply legendary, on a level of 100, 81, Flu Game, Headband Game, etc...

People won't forget it.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Lol keep dreaming. If they aren't thinking about 6-24, they are thinking about Artest saving. Btw, Lebron >>>> Kobe

Scholar
08-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Bynum 1/5

Pierce 5/15

Artest 7/18

You guys who are so concerned with shooting are clowns and I'm embarrassed for your knowledge of the nba

This.

Clowns hopping out of their funny car after an orgy just to mock Kobe for getting his 5th ring. Gtfo here.

Anyway, NBATV has been playing a lot of Laker games recently. I watched Kobe's 81 pt game yesterday & then OKC @ LAL from the 2010 1st round.

imdaman99
08-19-2013, 10:42 PM
remind me what lebron did against this same celtics team. i suppose 3-14 is better than 6-24 :roll:

sportjames23
08-19-2013, 10:45 PM
remind me what lebron did against this same celtics team. i suppose 3-14 is better than 6-24 :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TheMilkyBarKid
08-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Why not compare his 2011 & 2012 playoff stats vs the Celtics to kobe's finals stats vs the Celtics?

Electric Slide
08-19-2013, 11:34 PM
he didn't have a dominant big and the real finals MVP on his team doe.

imdaman99
08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Why not compare his 2011 & 2012 playoff stats vs the Celtics to kobe's finals stats vs the Celtics?
why would we need to do that? kobe didnt play the 2011 or 2012 celtics, which were a shell of their former selves.

its like when lebron stans talk about him dominating the 2007 pistons, while kobe got annihilated by 2004 pistons.
2 entirely different teams dude :hammerhead:

what i give lebron credit for him playing better against the 2008 celtics as the series went on. too bad he was so bad in games 1 and 2, which were both winnable for the cavs.

FlashDwyaneWade3
08-20-2013, 12:09 AM
he didn't have a dominant big and the real finals MVP on his team doe.
That's stupid to say that Pau is a "dominant big man." :oldlol: Pau and dominant don't go together.

JBrizzy
08-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Everyone hates Pau. He was pretty good until

INDI
08-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Lol keep dreaming. If they aren't thinking about 6-24, they are thinking about Artest saving. Btw, Lebron >>>> Kobe

What was lebrons field goal% in the last game of the 2011 finals???? Gaurantee you have to look it up lol matter of fact im almosy positive that you cant remember a single players besides kobes, in nba history.

No one cares lol the extent you guys go to to try to bring down a mans legacy. Didnt work though, kobe sits at number 8 on the most recent alltime poll list while lebron wasnt even top ten.

Matter of fact they gave honorable mentions to hakeem, west, and dr j so at very best they got bron at 14 lol

INDI
08-20-2013, 12:17 AM

Hold up, lebron went 3-14 in the playoffs?

daily
08-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Hold up, lebron went 3-14 in the playoffs? yep, he's had more than his share of stinkers.

JBrizzy
08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Kobe is pretty much my favorite player. Hurts to watch this game and hurts to watch his current decline.

Trollsmasher
08-20-2013, 12:39 AM
What was lebrons field goal% in the last game of the 2011 finals???? Gaurantee you have to look it up lol matter of fact im almosy positive that you cant remember a single players besides kobes, in nba history.

No one cares lol the extent you guys go to to try to bring down a mans legacy. Didnt work though, kobe sits at number 8 on the most recent alltime poll list while lebron wasnt even top ten.

Matter of fact they gave honorable mentions to hakeem, west, and dr j so at very best they got bron at 14 lol
That's the point. Nobody remembers. Yeah, he sucked, but people have other, positive games to associate with LeBron.

6-24 is a term engraved deep in the minds of people as Kobe's most memorable playoff moment.

daily
08-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Kobe is pretty much my favorite player. Hurts to watch this game and hurts to watch his current decline.

They all decline, I've followed Kobe from day 1 and have enjoyed every minute of it just like I enjoyed Shaq Magic Kareem and others. They all decline, you wish they wouldn't but with the end of every era begins another.

Besides Kobe's not done quite yet, enjoy him for what he is, still one of the top players in the game after 17 seasons, you don't get to see this every day and you won't see it again for some time.

I love that game 7 against the Celtics. Still one of the best Lakers Celtics games to watch and there's been a ton of them. Defensive battle from start to finish, everyone shot like shit for the most part. Physical, each team battling for every loose ball, tempers flaring up even coaches were sweating, when Phil Jackson grabs a towel you know it's getting good.

Every shot was contested, nobody got off a clean shot and if they did it didn't happen again but through all that there were surprisingly low turnovers for each side. It doesn't get any better than that game. Games 7s are the best.

Anyone who finds fault with either side in that game doesn't like basketball

daily
08-20-2013, 12:46 AM
6-24 is a term engraved deep in the minds of all of us idiots as Kobe's most memorable playoff moment.

:bowdown:

Cleverness
08-20-2013, 12:50 AM

Nobody will remember 23 and 15. They will only remember this:

http://chicitysportsfan.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kobe8.jpg

funnystuff
08-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Anyone not blowing Kobes peepee will agree that Gasol was robbed.

1 true FMVP in his 17 years playing, top 10 right? :facepalm

Trollsmasher
08-20-2013, 01:14 AM
:bowdown:
http://s21.postimg.org/6p6yc45g6/Bez_n_zvu.jpg
:confusedshrug:

dubeta
06-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Now compare LeBron's GOAT game 7 performance, and tonights legendary performance, to Kirby's career defining 6-24 :roll: :roll:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Now compare LeBron's GOAT game 7 performance, and tonights legendary performance, to Kirby's career defining 6-24 :roll: :roll:

http://inspirably.com/uploads/user/24100-dont-let-people-live-rent-free-inside-your-head.png

http://theatozshow.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/pic1_kobe_bryant_naked_001.jpg

6 for 24
06-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Thank you for this trip down memory lane, OP!

This was truly a defining performance from the Bean. This was arguably the most important game of the season, and Kobe came through with a SPECTACULAR PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)™ score of 39 (24+15). To give you an idea, last year LeBron put up a PER score of 31 (23+8) in his own game 7 and I hear people calling it one of the "greatest games ever". These people obviously started watching basketball after 2010!

Some people think that my nom-de-plume is from this great performance-- something that had never occurred to me upon signup. Actually the "6 for 24" refers to title #6 for #24, something I expect as soon as next year.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

GimmeThat
06-09-2014, 02:41 AM
I remember him having absolutely no elevation in his shots that game. But he made up for it by running around the court the whole time literally. I really don't know if Lakers would have taken that one had they not had home court advantage.

I still remember Derek Fisher coming up huge in that game 3 in order to steal one at the garden.

That Celtics team was tough to beat, and had Perkins not miss Game 7, tough to say Kobe would have his 15 rebounds. But yes, the Lakers also had an Andrew Bynum playing with his knees essentially squeezing at each other bones to bones with nothing inbetween.

From a pure basketball perspective, it was terrible to watch.

But it really didn't matter when you have the WHOLE season coming down to 48 minutes of game play, knowing there's not another game after this one. Every single point that was put on that scoreboard was huge. Lets just say Kobe's free throws were what, more than 10% of the points scored? I think he won the Finals MVP simply because the Celtics also just couldn't score themselves. They had 79 points! And it was one of those games where the Boston didn't even do much in stopping the Lakers from scoring, but they also couldn't do anything from helping them to put baskets through the nets.

LakersFan626
06-09-2014, 02:44 AM
Anyone not blowing Kobes peepee will agree that Gasol was robbed.

1 true FMVP in his 17 years playing, top 10 right? :facepalm

Do you remember how mediocre Gasol was in Boston? Especially in game 5?

Selective memory for the win.

Magic 32
06-09-2014, 02:49 AM

Selective memory for the win.

Or Kobe sitting on the bench enjoying Gasol posting up Nate Robinson in the 4th qt of game 1.

Another game that Kobe won in 30 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFgcd8ITk8

Mr Feeny
06-09-2014, 03:37 AM

Selective memory for the win.Yet when it really counts I.e. game 7 he stepped up.
Meanwhile.....6-24:lol

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Yet when it really counts I.e. game 7 he stepped up.
Meanwhile.....6-24:lol

Gasol, Game 7: 6-16...

Artest: 7-18...

Yeah. "real Finals MVP" my ass....

Kobe GAME-HIGH 23 PTS (lead his team with 10 in the 4th quarter of a close game), 15 REBs (only 3 less than Gasol).

LeBron/Jordan stans so butt-hurt because Kobe, with no clear athletic advantage, has crafted a comparable legendary career in a tougher era, playing in a stacked conference his entire career.

moe94
06-09-2014, 03:59 AM
I miss brans.

Hey Yo
06-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Gasol, Game 7: 6-16...

Artest: 7-18...

Yeah. "real Finals MVP" my ass....

Kobe GAME-HIGH 23 PTS (lead his team with 10 in the 4th quarter of a close game), 15 REBs (only 3 less than Gasol).

LeBron/Jordan stans so butt-hurt because Kobe, with no clear athletic advantage, has crafted a comparable legendary career in a tougher era, playing in a stacked conference his entire career.
Who's name is that for LA where it says top performers?

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=300617013

DetroitPistonFan
06-09-2014, 04:51 AM
All-Stars on both teams sucked in game 7. Not just Kobe.

Stringer Bell
06-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Gasol played better than Kobe in game 7.

Kobe was FMVP because of their performances throughout the series