PDA

View Full Version : The praise for LeBron's game 7, Stupid

SamuraiSWISH
06-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Why is it receiving as much praise as it is? It's overhyped.

It took 7 whole games, but LeBron finally took advantage of the looks San Antonio was begging him to take all series.

Surprised LeBron doubted himself that much with his jumper considering the year he had shooting the ball, and I can't believe it took him the entire series to take advantage of it.

The wide open three and mid range jumpers they were giving him were there for the taking all series, LeBron took advantage and put up 37 ppg. Great, awesome. I'm not negating his performance last night.

But to be honest ...

He should've been taking advantage of it all series, and he should have averaged around 35 ppg for the series given the amazing wide open looks he was getting.

He finally started pulling the trigger, and hitting that wide open shot, and blew the damn game open. Props to LeBron, he played quite well.

But I'm not amazed either, and neither should you. He had wide open looks all series and just didn't have the confidence to take advantage. What he did last night was what he was supposed to do all series. Let's not make it some majestical performance.

For comparison sakes, Portland in 1992 said their strategy was to give MJ the open three point shot. MJ OBLITERATED that strategy within 17 minutes, scoring 35 points on 6 three pointers in just one half of basketball.

Let that marinate for a second. LeBron should have done that at the start of the series, and it might not have needed to go seven games. Do you praise a child for making his bed? Something he's supposed to do? No.

TylerOO
06-21-2013, 06:51 PM
TLDR: OP is butthurt

Trollsmasher
06-21-2013, 06:52 PM
OP is a butthurt *******

Why is it receiving as much praise as it is? It's overhyped, just like he is as a ball player.

It took 7 whole games, but LeBron finally took advantage of the looks San Antonio was begging him to take all series.

Surprised LeBron doubted himself that much with his jumper considering the year he had shooting the ball, and I can't believe it took him the entire series to take advantage of it.

The wide open three and mid range jumpers they were giving him were there for the taking all series, LeBron took advantage and put up 37 ppg. Great, awesome. I'm not negating his performance last night.

But to be honest ...

He should've been taking advantage of it all series, and he should have averaged around 35 ppg for the series given the amazing wide open looks he was getting.

He finally started pulling the trigger, and hitting that wide open shot, and blew the damn game open. Props to LeBron, he played quite well.

But I'm not amazed either, and neither should you. He had wide open looks all series and just didn't have the confidence to take advantage. What he did last night was what he was supposed to do all series. Let's not make it some majestical performance.

For comparison sakes, Portland in 1992 said their strategy was to give MJ the open three point shot. MJ OBLITERATED that strategy within 17 minutes, scoring 35 points on 6 three pointers in just one half of basketball.

Let that marinate for a second. LeBron should have done that at the start of the series, and it might not have needed to go seven games. Do you praise a child for making his bed? Something he's supposed to do? No.
Don't even try to compare the defense LeBron faced with the parody of defense MJ was facing during his title runs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Well said, Swish.

What gets to me is idiots (dullards from ESPN) telling people to
"stop hating on Lebron". Seriously? :oldlol: Pointing out flaws in his game / rooting against he and the Heat means you're hating?

Acknowledging he's the games BEST player just ain't enough for these dick riding propagandists.

Kingwillball
06-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Only thing I agree with here is lebron should of trusted his jumper alot more throughout series. It would of also opened up pathways to the basket alot more if he shot like last night throughout..

NumberSix
06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
OP is a butthurt *******

Don't even try to compare the defense LeBron faced with the parody of defense MJ was facing during his title runs.
Yeah. MJ had it much tougher against 6'1 man-to-man defenders. Now way LeBron does that playing 1-on-1 against John Starks. :roll:

Solefade
Well said, Swish.

"stop hating on Lebron". Seriously? :oldlol: Pointing out flaws in his game / rooting against he and the Heat means you're hating?

Acknowledging he's the games BEST player just ain't enough for these dick riding propagandists.

The most annoying thing is that he's never just simply given the credit he deserves. Even when you haters acknowledge he's the best, it comes as a backhanded compliment with some salt and nitpicking. The most scrutinized athlete in North American sports history ever, keeps making history and proving haters wrong and yet it's still not good enough for y'all.

Keep raising the bar for him, ain't got no worries.

P.S. Yes, he should have stuck with his jumper but it wasn't falling early in the series and he lost confidence in it at some point but he regathered himself and came through when it mattered.

Goldrush25
Well said, Swish.

I think Magic's main message was to recognize greatness and don't take it for granted. The haters are doing just that.

Every great has haters. Wilt did. Magic did. Bird did. MJ sure as hell did. Now Lebron has them.

I was an MJ hater during the first 3-peat run. I realize today (now that I'm older and more mature) how stupid that was, that I didn't get to soak that in, what great things he was doing. I got a chance to enjoy that luckily with the second 3-peat.

Lebron is no MJ, but who is? Lebron is clearly great. Just enjoy what you're watching, is all they're saying. Players like him don't grow on trees. There's no telling when the next great will be here.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I think Magic's main message was to recognize greatness and don't take it for granted. The haters are doing just that.

Every great has haters. Wilt did. Magic did. Bird did. MJ sure as hell did. Now Lebron has them.

I was an MJ hater during the first 3-peat run. I realize today (now that I'm older and more mature) how stupid that was, that I didn't get to soak that in, what great things he was doing. I got a chance to enjoy that luckily with the second 3-peat.

Lebron is no MJ, but who is? Lebron is clearly great. Just enjoy what you're watching, is all they're saying. Players like him don't grow on trees. There's no telling when the next great will be here.

Agreed. I've made a similar thread about this not too long ago. My issue is, people go overboard w/ it.

The most annoying thing is that he's never just simply given the credit he deserves. Even when you haters acknowledge he's the best, it comes as a backhanded compliment with some salt and nitpicking. The most scrutinized athlete in North American sports history ever, keeps making history and proving haters wrong and yet it's still not good enough for y'all.

Keep raising the bar for him, ain't got no worries.

P.S. Yes, he should have stuck with his jumper but it wasn't falling early in the series and he lost confidence in it at some point but he regathered himself and came through when it mattered.

This is what I'm talking about. Why am I a "Lebron hater"? Because I don't think he's as good as you do? Because I didn't jump on the wagon? Go sit on one boy. :oldlol:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 07:21 PM
OP. Are we really gonna compare Lebron to MJ??? :oldlol:

Lebron's stans were praising his screens for goodness sake!!! :facepalm

tikay0
06-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah. MJ had it much tougher against 6'1 man-to-man defenders. Now way LeBron does that playing 1-on-1 against John Starks. :roll:

Check the average height for players that guarded MJ. :facepalm

P.S. Smaller, pesky guys like Starks, Stockton, Blaylock, Payton with hand check were a bitch to play against.

I forgot who said it, but I remember a player saying Mugsy Bogues would give you hell when you played him.

sportjames23
06-21-2013, 07:25 PM
OP is a butthurt *******

GTFO fakkit

Bad Boy Pistons, 90s Knicks, Heat and Pacers >>>>>>>>>>>>> this weak ass shit today.

diamenz
06-21-2013, 07:26 PM
bron will be remembered got his stats, and nothing more. not his smarts, scoring, finesse or artisitry, what is there to remember about the way he plays? none of it makes you say 'holy shit' - it's all stats.

anyway, congrats to he and the heat.

oh, how can i forget - he'll be remembered for the headband and cramp games.

sportjames23
06-21-2013, 07:27 PM

John Starks, Clyde Drexler, Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniel, Charles Oakley, Craig Ehlo, Gerald Wilkins, Bryon Russell, Gary Payton are all 6'1"?

Hold up--didn't Lebron try to post up J.J. Barea and fail? I'm pretty sure J.J. is under 6'0".

Solefade
06-21-2013, 07:28 PM
This is what I'm talking about. Why am I "Lebron hater"? Because I don't think he's as good as you do? Because I didn't jump on the wagon? Go sit on one boy. :oldlol:

Not saying you specifically, just in general. OP makes it sound like 37 pts in nba finals game 7 vs a defense coached by Popovic is something every player with a jump shot can do.

NumberSix
06-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Obvious King is obvious.

Greatest game 7 and elimination game performer in NBA history. No big deal.

TerranOP
06-21-2013, 07:32 PM
bron will be remembered got his stats, and nothing more. not his smarts, scoring, finesse or artisitry, what is there to remember about the way he plays? none of it makes you say 'holy shit' - it's all stats.

anyway, congrats to he and the heat.

oh, how can i forget - he'll be remembered for the headband and cramp games.

I feel sorry for you. Why do you waste energy trying to hate on LeBron? You're not impressed that a player with such bullish strength and instantaneously change gears and throw a pinpoint pass across his body? He is one of the smartest players in the game, and it's a shame that you don't recognize the greatness that you're witnessing. You're exactly the same as those people who discredit Kobe as a "chucker" and fail to see how the immense amount of work he puts in translates into his excellence and composure on the court.

I recommend that you learn to appreciate what we're seeing in the NBA and stop being so ignorant. Alternatively, you can continue to let the butthurt flow through you.

Young X
06-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Lebron stans seriously talking about Jordan's competition when Lebron was struggling to score against BORIS DIAW?

Didn't Miami face 3 sub 50 win teams in the playoffs?

The same Lebron who played in the east for his whole career?

funnystuff
06-21-2013, 07:34 PM
John Starks, Clyde Drexler, Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniel, Charles Oakley, Craig Ehlo, Gerald Wilkins, Bryon Russell, Gary Payton are all 6'1"?

Hold up--didn't Lebron try to post up J.J. Barea and fail? I'm pretty sure J.J. is under 6'0".
Someone is so mad he left Cleveland.

diamenz
I feel sorry for you. Why do you waste energy trying to hate on LeBron? You're not impressed that a player with such bullish strength and instantaneously change gears and throw a pinpoint pass across his body? He is one of the smartest players in the game, and it's a shame that you don't recognize the greatness that you're witnessing. You're exactly the same as those people who discredit Kobe as a "chucker" and fail to see how the immense amount of work he puts in translates into his excellence and composure on the court.

I recommend that you learn to appreciate what we're seeing in the NBA and stop being so ignorant. Alternatively, you can continue to let the butthurt flow through you.

i don't know what it is - i just don't get much from watching him. he doesn't give me the thrill that other greats did in the past. on top of that, leaving cleveland and flopping everywhere doesn't help me to like him at all. believe me, i've tried.

btw - i loved watching kobe play in his prime.

PistonsFan#21
Why is it receiving as much praise as it is? It's overhyped, just like he is as a ball player.

But to be honest ...

Funny how you need to compare Lebron to the best player of all time to prove a point. acting as if Jordan was able to do it then so should Lebron. I guess Lebron should take this as a compliment. And by the way Jordan was praised for that game with 6 threes agaisnt Portland and no one was saying they were wide open shots that he should of made. So why cant Lebron get the same praise?

tikay0
06-21-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304906

Doranku
06-21-2013, 07:50 PM
And so it begins...

MJ stans getting nervous. :oldlol:

diamenz
06-21-2013, 07:54 PM
And so it begins...

MJ stans getting nervous. :oldlol:

i don't think they have much to worry about...

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-flop-2.gif

lefthook00
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
LeBron really stepped up as the series went on, esp. in game 7, but the bottom line is that this Spurs team REALLY overachieved, and Miami went life and death with them. It would have been over a lot faster if Wade was healthy though. And San Antonio could have won if Parker was 100% the whole series. You could go back and forth.

Colin Cowherd this morning was like, "I went back and watched Michael Jordan's most important finals stuff, and he had maybe like 2 assists or 1 rebound...[blah blah]," pretty much saying how much more impressive LeBron was this series, and how much more LeBron did, etc. He obviously didn't watch sh*t.

Trollsmasher
06-21-2013, 08:02 PM
GTFO fakkit

Bad Boy Pistons, 90s Knicks, Heat and Pacers >>>>>>>>>>>>> this weak ass shit today.
Yeah sure, think what you want bro.

You heard about those "tough" guys that played when you weren't watching the basketball and now you think that being "tough" actually meant playing a good defense.

Classic MJ stan that never in fact saw the competition he faced.

Flash31
06-21-2013, 08:35 PM

But to be honest ...

How many Kleenexes do you need?

devin112
06-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Kobe fans are using Jordan to diminish Bron because they can't use Kobe lol

Simple Jack
06-22-2013, 02:52 AM
OP is a joke. Dude stays being wrong about LeBron.

All Net
06-22-2013, 03:12 AM
:facepalm

plowking
06-22-2013, 03:14 AM
OP wrote all that, and he contradicted himself in the first post.

Giving Jordan credit for hitting wide open 3's against Portland, yet Lebron isn't allowed to get it?

What a f@ggit.

Also good job on comparing him to the greatest player ever. Clear signs of insecurity from this douche.

Your posting was shit before the season was over, and now its gotten even worse that its over.

LBJ 23
06-22-2013, 05:32 AM
OP, when the rep system is back, will the praise for Lebron's game 7 be well-deserved instead of stupid? :lol

MiseryCityTexas
06-22-2013, 05:35 AM
GTFO fakkit

Nah I think the Pacers of today are alot better than the 90s Pacers.

SpurrDurr
06-22-2013, 05:45 AM
OP get off MJ dick, he stopped playing years ago.

If you really love the guy, become a fan of the Bobcats instead creating threads comparing players to MJ which is pointless.

Lebron23
06-22-2013, 06:02 AM
It's one of the greatest perfomances of all time againts one of the defensive teams in the NBA. 2013 Spurs would beat the 1996 Sonics and 2008/2010 Celtics.

K Xerxes
06-22-2013, 06:11 AM
The point is that he was in a mental hole with regards to his jumpshot in all 6 previous games. In the biggest game of the playoffs - perhaps of his life - he gets his jumpshot to go. That's far from luck.

The Spurs played him like that because it's the only way to stop him averaging 30-8-6. You get closer to him and he will drive past you. Either he will get a layup or kick it to a 3 point shooter. We have seen a million times how this game plan works... and it just doesn't.

That was a magnificent game and won them the ring. Just because it wasn't orthodox or wasn't the way MJ, Magic, Bird or Kobe would do it doesn't mean it's not special.

For a guy maligned pretty much solely for his mentality and penchant for not showing up in big moments... he did exactly that. And he did it in the best way imaginable - nailing shots that the Spurs entire game plan has been relying on him to brick.

guy
06-22-2013, 09:19 AM
LeBron really stepped up as the series went on, esp. in game 7, but the bottom line is that this Spurs team REALLY overachieved, and Miami went life and death with them. It would have been over a lot faster if Wade was healthy though. And San Antonio could have won if Parker was 100% the whole series. You could go back and forth.

Colin Cowherd this morning was like, "I went back and watched Michael Jordan's most important finals stuff, and he had maybe like 2 assists or 1 rebound...[blah blah]," pretty much saying how much more impressive LeBron was this series, and how much more LeBron did, etc. He obviously didn't watch sh*t.

Colin Cowherd is the absolute worst. After the series, he said something along the lines of Jordan never had to be his team's best passer like Lebron, citing Lebron's finals assists stats then obviously ignoring Jordan's 91 finals, which was more impressive passing wise then any series of Lebron's. Then he said Jordan never had to guard the other team's PG :oldlol: when he was the one that regularly switched onto quicker PGs like Price, KJ, Muggsy, Strickland, etc when their starting PGs couldn't handle them. I swear, ESPN has been hyping up Lebron all around game so much and trying to find every way to put him over Jordan that you would think Jordan was just a taller Allen Iverson that didn't do much but score.

Unbiased_one
06-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Colin Cowherd is the absolute worst. After the series, he said something along the lines of Jordan never had to be his team's best passer like Lebron, citing Lebron's finals assists stats then obviously ignoring Jordan's 91 finals, which was more impressive passing wise then any series of Lebron's. Then he said Jordan never had to guard the other team's PG :oldlol: when he was the one that regularly switched onto quicker PGs like Price, KJ, Muggsy, Strickland, etc when their starting PGs couldn't handle them. I swear, ESPN has been hyping up Lebron all around game so much and trying to find every way to put him over Jordan that you would think Jordan was just a taller Allen Iverson that didn't do much but score.

Speaking of overhyped, what about Jordan? Most people seem to think that he was some sort of god who carried a bunch of scrubs to the championship every year. Not that he's not better than LeBron (he is), but people gloss over the many facts that contradict his infallible image.

guy
06-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Speaking of overhyped, what about Jordan? Most people seem to think that he was some sort of god who carried a bunch of scrubs to the championship every year. Not that he's not better than LeBron (he is), but people gloss over the many facts that contradict his infallible image.

Actually if you listen to ESPN and how they compare Lebron's supporting cast to Jordan's, you would think he had a f'n all-star team. Nice try though.

Straight_Ballin
06-22-2013, 09:34 AM
OP. Are we really gonna compare Lebron to MJ??? :oldlol:

Lebron's stans were praising his screens for goodness sake!!! :facepalm

His screens lol, what a sad bunch. But yes, it was sad that it took 7 games before he had the confidence to start shooting. Hopefully this experience will help Bron in the future so that it doesn't take 7 games to barely beat some old men. :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
06-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Dear Mr.OP,
We understand how traumatic an experience thursday night must have been for you. The more you cheered for him to miss the more shots he made, you felt in some strange way that your hero was in jepoadry. That last dagger into the spurs heart was likely one into yours as well. Maybe watching LeBron just isn't for you, seems like you suffer at the mere mention of his name amongst the greats. Should probably stick to watching vhs tapes (or beta if they suit you better) of Mj's flawless career and just forget about that LeBron guy cause he's all wrong for you. He's not Mj and will never be, forging his own path which so far is similarly great. In his own way.

lakeshow1
06-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Kobe fans are using Jordan to diminish Bron because they can't use Kobe lol

:biggums:

OP is a Jordan fan.

lakeshow1
06-22-2013, 10:55 AM
It's one of the greatest perfomances of all time againts one of the defensive teams in the NBA. 2013 Spurs would beat the 1996 Sonics and 2008/2010 Celtics.

You're overrating the hell out of this year's Spurs, particularly with Ginobli playing this horrible.

2008 (and 10, really) C's were great teams.

andgar923
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I think it's fairly obvious that Bron isn't on MJ's level.

There's so many gaps in his game and it became more obvious these playoff series.

Is Bron an all time great? no doubt

Did he have some great performances sprinkled throughout? of course

But if we compare their games MJ was simply better. I can give a list of examples, both small and big, some rather obvious ones like the ones already mentioned. I guess the main reason this thread came about isn't due to Mj fan's insecurities (trust there is none), but as a reminder of the hype machine and comparisons that will flood us.

To be honest, after watching him during this playoff run I doubt that he's a better passer and rebounder than MJ as well. Yeah, many will frown at this last part but in all honesty Bron isn't a great rebounder. I saw smaller players box him out get better position on a number of occasions. He's great when he uses his athleticism and strength but he lacks some of the basic boxing out fundamentals, the craftiness or timing. As far as passing, I've mentioned it time and time again, Bron takes too long to make decisions, he doesn't always make the right decisions and over passes more than often.

You are 6'8 the best athlete in the world, going up against an old Duncan in the lane, why are you passing to a shooter!!!!! go up strong for god's sakes!!! some inexplicable decisions by him. Over and over during the playoffs I asked myself why Bron was making some of those passes, never really calculated.

I can keep going on and on but my overall point is made.

In short: MJ = GOAT
Bron = One of the greatest ever

DirkNowitzki41
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
op is and always will be, a ******.

Replay32
06-22-2013, 11:06 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMV2
06-22-2013, 11:08 AM
The first few games, LeBron was overthiming too. You can see how he was dribbling the ball, trying to make moves for like 15 seconds before taking a shot.

Game 7, he didn't do any of that. He got the ball, dribble a few times and took his shot.

CAstill
06-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Hell no. GP would of locked Parker and Kemp would of terrorized Duncan. The Celtics team probably would of won too.

sportjames23
06-22-2013, 12:02 PM
OP wrote all that, and he contradicted himself in the first post.

Giving Jordan credit for hitting wide open 3's against Portland, yet Lebron isn't allowed to get it?

What a f@ggit.

Also good job on comparing him to the greatest player ever. Clear signs of insecurity from this douche.

Your posting was shit before the season was over, and now its gotten even worse that its over.

Thou furious?

sportjames23
06-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Nah I think the Pacers of today are alot better than the 90s Pacers.

You cannot be serious. :facepalm

sportjames23
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM

You can always tell which posters started watching basketball within the last 10 years.

DaSeba5
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
The LeBron stans are very annoying, but his haters take it to another level. Even when he as a terrific game 7 to win his 2nd Finals MVP and is the best in elimination games, people still find ways to discredit him.

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Lebron is tied with the great commentator for most points in an NBA Finals Game 7.

Most Points In NBA Finals
Game 7 Win

Player Year Points

LeBron James, MIA 2013 37
Tom Heinsohn, BOS 1957 37
James Worthy, LAL 1988 36
Walt Frazier, NYK 1970 36

navy
01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NPtSojoUXdQzzidIoxsoSw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-06-23/44b3e51d-d59d-4336-9f24-dbc3f3a0f9b4_LeBron_webgame7.gif

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
This guy is mad.

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Lebron stans seriously talking about Jordan's competition when Lebron was struggling to score against BORIS DIAW?

Didn't Miami face 3 sub 50 win teams in the playoffs?

The same Lebron who played in the east for his whole career?

:facepalm I'm so tired of this stupid old bullsh1t. Diaw is kinda fat so he sucks, right?

I've seen Diaw play legit defense time and time again. We saw him shut down LeBron (who was scoring otherwise) on national TV. Just last week he shut down mr. Dirk Nowitzki who then proceeded to drop 40 against Anthony Davis after Diaw got under his skin. Boris "Man Boobs" Diaw also sealed the game against us (when the Spurs big-3 were missing) with a nasty, clutch block against Curry. He doesn't get insane numbers of blocks or steals but he plays good man defense and players don't go off against him.

Seriously, is there something I'm missing? Yeah he's not a rim protector or help defender but I see this guy play excellent D against great players, consistently, and get bashed for it. If you're using Diaw to bash Lebron you just hurt your own argument.

Rodmantheman
01-13-2014, 10:25 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NPtSojoUXdQzzidIoxsoSw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-06-23/44b3e51d-d59d-4336-9f24-dbc3f3a0f9b4_LeBron_webgame7.gif

Army of lebrons:oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2014, 10:27 PM
This guy is mad.
Mad than an all-time great is so timid on the big stage with his abilities. As a fan of basketball, you should be frustrated at that as well. I'm just being totally honest. Don't get all bitter beer face it took him a whole series to take advantage of a disrespectful defensive strategy.

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 10:29 PM
The greatest Game 7/Elimination player in NBA history. GOATs gonna GOAT.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Mad than an all-time great is so timid on the big stage with his abilities. As a fan of basketball, you should be frustrated at that as well. I'm just being totally honest. Don't get all bitter beer face it took him a whole series to take advantage of a disrespectful defensive strategy.
He still won.

MastaKilla
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Has a SilkTheShocker alt ever been so obvious

branslowski
01-13-2014, 10:31 PM

So basically you have to lose 3 games in a series to accomplish this? Thats why Jordan not on this arbitrary list?

cos88
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
So basically you have to lose 3 games in a series to accomplish this? Thats why Jordan not on this arbitrary list?

check the stats moron, or is your eye test better

rlsmooth775
01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
I like jordan but he doesn't have to be mentioned with modern players its pretty silly his career is over

Black and White
check the stats moron, or is your eye test better

Check the stats of the first 6 games

FrobeShaw
A lot of LeBron's feats are arbitrary.

MastaKilla

he said GOATS

so his GOAT list looks something like this

LeBron James, MIA 2013 37
Tom Heinsohn, BOS 1957 37
James Worthy, LAL 1988 36
Walt Frazier, NYK 1970 36

can't argue with that, it's not debatable, that's the GOAT list, no question about it

navy
01-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Jordan played in 3 game sevens.

Plus when he played the first two rounds ended in 5 games and he played in 2 Final Game 5s.

Im guessing you never actually watched Jordan. :facepalm

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:37 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/01/8084446.jpg

Boris Diaw shutdown Dirk a couple of days ago. Dirk only scored 8 points against the french man, and he dropped 40 points against Anthony Davis.

BD even blocked Dirk's patented jump shot.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140108-san-antonio-spurs-shut-down-dirk-nowitzki-rout-dallas-mavericks-112-90.ece

Stop acting like Diaw is a modern day version of Oliver Miller

MastaKilla
01-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Jordan played in 3 game sevens.

Plus when he played the first two rounds ended in 5 games and he played in 2 Final Game 5s.

Im guessing you never actually watched Jordan. :facepalm

you do realize this entire discussion is about FINALS game 7's

which Jordan never saw any of

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2014, 10:38 PM
He still won.
LeBron won? Yes, the Heat won a championship. Where did I say otherwise? I was talking about the LeBron stan hyperbole regarding the overall quality of the individual performance, within context.

navy
01-13-2014, 10:39 PM

No. The post he responded to was this one.

"The greatest Game 7/Elimination player in NBA history. GOATs gonna GOAT."

Do you honestly think he was talking about the Finals?

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:40 PM

Just STFU.

Black and White
Boris Diaw shutdown Dirk a couple of days ago. Dirk only scored 8 points against the french man, and he dropped 40 points against Anthony Davis.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140108-san-antonio-spurs-shut-down-dirk-nowitzki-rout-dallas-mavericks-112-90.ece

Is Dirk in his prime tho?

MastaKilla
Just STFU.

mad?

MastaKilla
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
No. The post he responded to was this one.

"The greatest Game 7/Elimination player in NBA history. GOATs gonna GOAT."

Do you honestly think he was talking about the Finals?

do you honestly not :facepalm

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM

:wtf: You dumb bro? However you want to slice it, LeBron still going to out on top.

Game 7s PPG FG% RPG APG
LeBron 34 46.50% 8.1 3.5
Jordan 33.3 45.70% 7.7 7
Kobe 22.2 38.90% 8 5

When Facing Elimination PPG FG% RPG APG
LeBron 31.5 46% 10 6.5
Jordan 31.3 44.50% 7.9 7
Kobe 21.5 41.40% 5.8 3.5

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Is Dirk in his prime tho?

He's still one of the best PF in the league, and he just out played 21 yrs.old Anthony Davis.

35 yrs.old dirk > 35 yrs.old Kobe and Duncan.

navy
01-13-2014, 10:42 PM
do you honestly not :facepalm
Nice reading comprehension. :applause:

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
:wtf: You dumb bro? However you want to slice it, LeBron still going to out on top.

Lebron is indeed Mr. Game 7/Mr. Elimination/Do or Die Games.

Black and White
01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
He's still one of the best PF in the league, and he just out played 21 yrs.old Anthony Davis.

35 yrs.old dirk > 35 yrs.old Kobe and Duncan.

Yea I agree with how well he has been able to maintain his production.

Rodmantheman
01-13-2014, 10:45 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/01/8084446.jpg

:oldlol:

MastaKilla
01-13-2014, 10:45 PM

Game 7 W/L

Kobe: 5-1

Jordan: 2-1

Lebron: 2-2

however you want to slice it, Lebron still won less, lost more, and (as you would say if it was Durant's named sitting next to a 2-2 game 7 record) has empty stats

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Game 7 W/L

Lebron 2-2

Jordan 2-1

Kobe 5-1

however you want to slice it, Lebron still won less, lost more.

and as you would say if it was Durant's named sitting next to a 2-2 game 7 record "empty stats"

LeBron won 3 Game 7's in the last two years alone, nice making up fake stats. :oldlol: Won't even bother with the rest of your dumbass post.

Rodmantheman
01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
LeBron won 3 Game 7's in the last two years alone, nice making up fake stats. :oldlol: Won't even bother with the rest of your dumbass post.

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM

Diaw is an excellent man defender you idiot

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM

Faking Stats

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

navy
01-13-2014, 10:54 PM

:roll:

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Mastakilla is now using his alternate account.(Lol4thedonkey)

Black and White

Damn thats a burn

navy
Didnt even bother logging out your alternate account. :roll:

MastaKilla
01-13-2014, 10:56 PM
I took it from an article dated June, 03 2013.

My bad.

feel free to update the W/L record if you want

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Didnt even bother logging out your alternate account. :roll:

This

Mr. Mastakilla is probably Branlowski.

Rodmantheman
01-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Diaw is an excellent man defender you idiot

he maybe decent but he isn't excellent:oldlol:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
:applause:

Trollsmasher
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
don't do'em like that:lol

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 11:02 PM
EDIT: :facepalm my math was wrong.

King Jane
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Why is it receiving as much praise as it is? It's overhyped.

But to be honest ...

'**** outta here wit dat mj bible talk dat n!gg* preyed on 6-4 white "bounce pass" artists like dan majerle

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/stopit.png

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

Bron is the real deal playing against the likes of 7 foot superforwards like Durant. Jordan couldn't hold brons jockstrap.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
OP is butthurt that LEBron is closing in on Jordans number 1 spot( which should be Wilts anyway) with sonic speed.
this is OP right now-->:milton

Eye Test
01-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Jordan number 1 spot( which should be Wilts anyway)

well surprise surprise, a lebron stan holds the guy who invented choking and has the biggest reg season-finals dropoff in high regard :rolleyes:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 11:23 PM
well surprise surprise, a lebron stan holds the guy who invented choking and has the biggest reg season-finals dropoff in high regard :rolleyes:
Kobe's finals numbers are putrid. He might be worse than Wilt and definitely LeBron.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 11:25 PM
Kobe's finals numbers are putrid. He might be worse than Wilt and definitely LeBron.
:applause:

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Scrub Mr. Jabbar, get on your main account. :facepalm

Rodmantheman
01-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Scrub Mr. Jabbar, get on your main account. :facepalm

he is banned

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
he is banned
i wonder why:roll: :roll: :roll:

JebronLames
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Wonder what jordan will say once lebron 4 peats.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 11:35 PM
'**** outta here wit dat mj bible talk dat n!gg* preyed on 6-4 white "bounce pass" artists like dan majerle

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/stopit.png

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

Bron is the real deal playing against the likes of 7 foot superforwards like Durant. Jordan couldn't hold brons jockstrap.
This is true. Lebron has had to guard every type of player there is, from Kevin Durant to Tony Parker. Are we really supposed to be impressed that Jordan shut down Jeff Hornacek? :biggums:

Eye Test
01-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Imo the real game 7 of that series was game 6, it was sas to lose and they did, regardless of the miracle 3, green, ginobili and parker did some cringe worthy stuff in that game..it was basically over after that devastating blow

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
i wonder why:roll: :roll: :roll:
It does seem like 90 percent of the posters who have alts are Kobe stans. :lol

Black and White
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Wonder what jordan will say once lebron 4 peats.

He will wake up and say "oh it was just a dream lol"

JebronLames
01-13-2014, 11:40 PM
He will wake up and say "oh it was just a dream lol"
Haha jordan has nightmares about lebron.

Black and White
01-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Haha jordan has nightmares about lebron.

How would it be a nightmare when it has no chance of ever happening? Not even scare worthy

AnaheimLakers24
01-13-2014, 11:48 PM
mj > kobe > barkley >>>>>> lebrick

Deuce Bigalow
01-13-2014, 11:55 PM
2008 vs Boston Lebron in Game 7 scores 45 points but...
Game 1 shoots 2/18
Game 2 shoots 6/24
Game 3 shoots 5/16
Game 4 shoots 7/20
A combined 20/78 the first 4 games and the series was tied 2-2 somehow.

branslowski
01-14-2014, 12:19 AM
2008 vs Boston Lebron in Game 7 scores 45 points but...
Game 1 shoots 2/18
Game 2 shoots 6/24
Game 3 shoots 5/16
Game 4 shoots 7/20
A combined 20/78 the first 4 games and the series was tied 2-2 somehow.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rpupkz.jpg

Kingwillball
01-14-2014, 12:23 AM
mj > kobe > barkley >>>>>> lebrick

Kobe better than Lebron.. LOL :face palm :roll: I almost spit my drink out than I read Barkley and did.

navy
01-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Game 2 shoots 6/24

6/24 isnt bad I hear. :lol

pauk
01-14-2014, 12:36 AM
You would think all these haters would have vanished completely after what Lebron has been doing... but nope... here they are, trying to discredit & put asterisks at anything that Lebron ever touched....

russwest0
01-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Wait, are people arguing that LeBron is better than Kobe?

LMFAO sit down children that started watching basketball 2 years ago. Jan 14 cancer man, I swear... :lol

If you think LeBron is in anyway better then Kobe, well, then...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2b/2b8f11b7c64f429513f51fd23274762c5b284507e6328d4c51 01c290d5d5d9f1.jpg

Lebron23
01-14-2014, 12:42 AM
You are really a kobe stan who pretends that he's a KD and westbrick fan.

LBJ > Kobe, KD and RW.

FrobeShaw
01-14-2014, 12:45 AM

LBJ > Kobe, KD and RW.

He must be putting on a great charade because I'd venture and say he'd let Westbrook bust in his mouth.

JebronLames
01-14-2014, 12:45 AM

LBJ > Kobe, KD and RW.
Probably a bill RUSSell/Jerry WEST fan.

Lebron23
01-14-2014, 12:47 AM
He must be putting on a great charade because I'd venture and say he'd let Westbrook bust in his mouth.

Great acting job. He's probably's Fudge alter ego.

russwest0
01-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Yes, I'm a "kobe stan" because I say he's better than LeBron.

Are any of the alltime greats Kobe stans? What about 90% of the players in the nba?

You're a dumb ass b*tch dude :lol least respected poster here

Joe Anderson
01-14-2014, 12:54 AM
I could almost respect him if he admitted how much he wants Kobe's jock. Almost...:lol

branslowski

LBJ > Kobe, KD and RW.

Yea....I'm willing to bet any amount of money that your user title would read "In a Relationship with LeBron's Cawk" if you had the space to write it.

Lebron23

Are any of the alltime greats Kobe stans? What about 90% of the players in the nba?

4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP >>>> 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

FrobeShaw
01-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Yea....I'm willing to bet any amount of money that your user title would read "In a Relationship with LeBron's Cawk" if you had the space to write it.

We can't all be drug lords now, can we?

Illuminati
01-14-2014, 12:56 AM
We can't all be drug lords now, can we?
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Lebron23
01-14-2014, 12:56 AM

Why are you so sensitive? Lebron would be a top 5 player of all time if the heat wins their 3rd straight NBA titles.

branslowski
01-14-2014, 12:58 AM
Why are you so sensitive? Lebron would be a top 5 player of all time if the heat wins their 3rd straight NBA titles.

No he wouldn't.:facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
u can switch to you alt again Mr Druglord:roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe Anderson

Not because you say he's better than Bron, plenty of people have ridiculous opinions like that. It's because we have seen you go out of your way to say that Kobe is practically on Jordan's level. :wtf: Only a Kobe stan would say something that stupid. :lol

Marlo_Stanfield
01-14-2014, 12:59 AM
yes he would :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Illuminati
01-14-2014, 01:00 AM

3x Finals MVPs, 3x Rings, 4x MVPs (maybe 5x).

Outside of the usual top 5, who's better?

KendrickPerkins
01-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Yo rice boy, keep my bro's name outchur mouf. We blood.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Yo rice boy, keep my bro's name outchur mouf. We blood.
hicks gonna hick:facepalm

FrobeShaw
01-14-2014, 01:04 AM

You're delusional, at best.

KendrickPerkins
01-14-2014, 01:05 AM
hicks gonna hick:facepalm
Yeah brah, i'm a hick...from Canada.

:lol

Magic 32
01-14-2014, 04:53 AM
2013 Spurs would beat the 2008/2010 Celtics.

http://www.basketusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/boris-diaw.jpg