PDA

View Full Version : Referees for Game 6

illmaticone
06-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Joe Crawford Mike Callahan Ken Mauer

I know Joey Crawford hates the Spurs, but I don't think this is as bad as Danny Crawford officiating the game. Do you guys expect this game to be called fairly?

KrizMiz
06-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Smells like an ejection for Duncan!

illmaticone
06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
haha. Crawford officiated Game 6 between Spurs and Golden State in Golden State and called that game very fairly. I'm hoping the FT disparity won't be large in favor of Miami tonight..

BigTicket
06-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Why wouldn't it be called fairly ?

I never understood why people cling to these silly conspiracy theories.

HurricaneKid
06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Joey Crawford is a horrible official and his history with SA makes this an absurd assignment. He did a game earlier this series and his calls were nuetral/lean SA but in this scenario its just ridiculous. Its an assignment that screams out "something is going on". The NBA gets so upset when people suggest things are rigged but then they go and do stuff like this that seems almost to confirm it.

jzek
06-18-2013, 09:57 AM

Tim Donaghy

bagelred
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Don't you see? Joey Crawford doing the game is the BEST thing for the Spurs.

Joey is not intimidated by a home crowd, and JC is not a fan of Lebron's or at least doesn't give him special treatment. Plus, the LAST thing Crawford will do is screw over Duncan....everyone is watching this game, including his bosses. He'll go out of his way to ensure he DOESN'T screw Duncan over.

sportjames23
06-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Joe Crawford Mike Callahan Ken Mauer

I know Joey Crawford hates the Spurs, but I don't think this is as bad as Danny Crawford officiating the game. Do you guys expect this game to be called fairly?

Game 7 guaransheed.

CJ Mustard
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
:oldlol: Notice how Joey Crawford is officiating EVERY time the Heat are in a must win situation?

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Tim Donaghy
His claims don't prove anything. He has numerous reasons to lie (cover his own ass in the criminal investigation for betting on games by blaming the league, sell a book, lie so he doesn't look as bad etc.) He sure picked an easy target that people have been whining about for years, its not like he picked a game nobody would have ever suspected and from what we know about Donaghy, he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be above lying.

tikay0
06-18-2013, 10:25 AM
:oldlol: Notice how Joey Crawford is officiating EVERY time the Heat are in a must win situation?

The NBA doesn't give a fugg. They have no shame whatsoever.

Clutch
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2013/06/duncan-parker-crawford-guns.jpg

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Also, why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, a series not going to the 7 game limit, the ideal star player not winning etc.is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

Trollsmasher
06-18-2013, 10:47 AM
In PO games with Joey, LeBron either wins or gets ejected. I wonder what it is going to be today:lol

Chizdog
06-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Also, why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, a series not going to the 7 game limit, the ideal star player not winning etc.is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

Rich people don't go to prison. Even if they did, it would still be luxurious.

HurricaneKid
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Why wouldn't it be called fairly ?

Well he DID throw out Duncan while he sat on the bench laughing with a teammate. And he DID try to fight Duncan during a game. And he IS a convicted FELON.

DMV2
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I'v watched hundreds of games through the years, and the only ref that I feel tries to influence or take over the game is Joey Crawford.

I don't think he hates certain players or teams, I think he's just an a-hole who wants attention.

BoutPractice
06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Whether or not there's an agenda to this game, Joey Crawford is a terrible ref so it's disappointing news for those who just want to watch a good game.

HurricaneKid
06-18-2013, 11:02 AM

This is absolutely true. And anyone that thinks Stern calls officials and tells them who is supposed to win is an idiot. But officials are rewarded for officiating well: they get plum playoff assignments, substantial increases in pay, etc. If an official calls a game or series of games to the league's wishes and gets rewarded with more playoff assignments they will continue to officiate in the same fashion. Just like if your boss rewarded you for doing something, it would increase the likelihood of you doing it again.

Officiating should be transparent. But its not. There aren't a lot of explanations for why it isn't. And with the Ed Rush scandal in the Pac-10 I think we see a pattern throughout the NBA officiating tree.

DonDadda59
06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Joey's bout DAT life

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5jXBruBJcr4/ULWqYW-dZyI/AAAAAAAAAH4/qQUJVoU1g9A/s1600/Crawford+gif.gif

HorryIsMyMVP
06-18-2013, 11:28 AM
You don't go to prison for rigging the game according to what Stern would want the outcome to be. You go to prison for rigging the game for your own personal gain. They purposely don't call the NBA a sport for a reason because it's not. It's as much of a sport as the WWE. Simulated entertainment.

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 11:32 AM
You don't go to prison for rigging the game according to what Stern would want the outcome to be. You go to prison for rigging the game for your own personal gain. They purposely don't call the NBA a sport for a reason because it's not. It's as much of a sport as the WWE. Simulated entertainment.

So you really think that there's some grand conspiracy by the league to fix the outcome of playoff series and that the outcome of games are decided beforehand?

Really, if you actually believe that the NBA is scripted like the WWE, that the outcome of series are predetermined, why watch basketball? You conspiracy theorists are nuts. If it's fixed, get out of this abusive relationship and stop being a consumer.

plowking
06-18-2013, 11:36 AM
haha. Crawford officiated Game 6 between Spurs and Golden State in Golden State and called that game very fairly. I'm hoping the FT disparity won't be large in favor of Miami tonight..

What do you mean "you hope the FT disparity won't be large in favor of Miami"?

Every single game, we've committed more fouls, and they've shot more free throws than us.

If the Heat do get more free throws, its because we deserve it, and its overdue.

BoutPractice
06-18-2013, 11:36 AM
It's not scripted, but I'd say there are definitely attempts at interference. One thing is almost certain: there are a few rogue referees out there (still working now) who will occasionally use their position for money. It's simply a matter of incentives.

nosfan773
06-18-2013, 11:52 AM
2012 Game 6 WCF ... yeah Joey really wanted to show up the home team :rolleyes:

livinglegend
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
:facepalm Spurs getting the calls in the first 5 games and it seems like they will also get them tonight.

Doranku
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
What do you mean "you hope the FT disparity won't be large in favor of Miami"?

Every single game, we've committed more fouls, and they've shot more free throws than us.

If the Heat do get more free throws, its because we deserve it, and its overdue.
:oldlol:

Crafty
06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I think Joey hates everyone in the same way. That's why he's so bad

plowking
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM

This sour puss. :oldlol:

Orlando Magic
06-18-2013, 12:35 PM

You're almost like one of those "the Holocaust never happened" people... lol.

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
You're almost like one of those "the Holocaust never happened" people... lol.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/a10l50.jpg

Zodiac
06-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Lbh Joey Crawford could shock the world a pull a massively unexpected face turn

Fudge
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Spurs stand NO CHANCE tonight. :oldlol: 0 chance.

caliman
06-18-2013, 02:35 PM
His claims don't prove anything. He has numerous reasons to lie (cover his own ass in the criminal investigation for betting on games by blaming the league, sell a book, lie so he doesn't look as bad etc.) He sure picked an easy target that people have been whining about for years, its not like he picked a game nobody would have ever suspected and from what we know about Donaghy, he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be above lying.

That has always been my contention with Donaghy. He cherry picked the most controversial officiated game of the last 20 years and based his claims on that. It was too easy. Give is a random game in February that no one cares about that was fixed.

TylerOO
06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Joey Crawford hates LeBron James.

Fudge
06-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Joey Crawford hates LeBron James.

Uh.. And what about Tim Duncan?

TylerOO
06-18-2013, 03:29 PM

Uh.. And what about Tim Duncan?

We all know what happened years ago, but what recently has he done to Tim Duncan? LeBron gets called for a bullshit call late in the game the last 3 times Crawford has reffed. And LeBron doesn't get calls from anyone in the paint anymore.

Goldrush25
06-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Luckily no responsible citizen with any kind of pull or power believes in conspiracy theory crap. It's always the guy that's been fired from 8 jobs and works as a barista, who says the man is keeping him down.

NumberSix
06-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Like game 6 against Indiana where LeBron fouled out?:confusedshrug:

Boomerang
06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Luckily no responsible citizen with any kind of pull or power believes in conspiracy theory crap. It's always the guy that's been fired from 8 jobs and works as a barista, who says the man is keeping him down.
and the NSA would never infringe our rights and read all our email records, and internet history right? :oldlol:

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 03:39 PM
and the NSA would never infringe our rights and read all our email records, and internet history right? :oldlol:

and the moon landing was faked, Elvis Presley is still alive, the government has been hiding space aliens, George W. Bush had the Twin Towers wired up to collapse on 9/11, and JFK's assassination was a mafia hit, right? :oldlol:

Glide2keva
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Lbh Joey Crawford could shock the world a pull a massively unexpected face turn
I literally LOL'ed at this.

Glide2keva
06-18-2013, 03:44 PM
NO, THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!! Oh wait.

jzek
06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Well he DID throw out Duncan while he sat on the bench laughing with a teammate. And he DID try to fight Duncan during a game. And he IS a convicted FELON.

But but but but but refs don't rig games man!!! Stop with this conspiracy bullsh*t! :hammerhead:

Boomerang
06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
and the moon landing was faked, Elvis Presley is still alive, the government has been hiding space aliens, George W. Bush had the Twin Towers wired up to collapse on 9/11, and JFK's assassination was a mafia hit, right? :oldlol:
Of course, not every single conspiracy theory is true. They are all different. But Tim Donaghy here actually went to jail for it. How hard is it to believe that the NBA would try to influence a game if it would bring them millions more of dollars?

Of course they wouldn't say "Let Heat win". But they would only try to help out, give a few calls here and there and try to influence the game slightly. If Spurs are up 20, then they wouldn't do anything. If Spurs are only up 1, you think they wouldn't sneak in a call here or there?

Goldrush25
06-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Of course, not every single conspiracy theory is true. They are all different. But Tim Donaghy here actually went to jail for it. How hard is it to believe that the NBA would try to influence a game if it would bring them millions more of dollars?

Of course they wouldn't say "Let Heat win". But they would only try to help out, give a few calls here and there and try to influence the game slightly. If Spurs are up 20, then they wouldn't do anything. If Spurs are only up 1, you think they wouldn't sneak in a call here or there?

He's one bad apple. That's far different from an entire group of NBA refs and executives complicit in influencing those kind of activities. There's no way for that to exist in today's world with social media. Someone would sell that story quickly. I know I would.

Ne 1
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Tim Donaghy here actually went to jail for it.

Tim Donaghy went to prison for betting on games he officiated. He's a liar, a convicted felon, and cheater probably trying anything he can to get a reduced sentence.

Boomerang
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
He's one bad apple. That's far different from an entire group of NBA refs and executives complicit in influencing those kind of activities. There's no way for that to exist in today's world with social media. Someone would sell that story quickly. I know I would.
How long did it take until NSA story finally came out? And why did it take so long, even though so much people were in on it?

Fear. They fear prosecution themselves. Snowden had to give up his life and move to Hong Kong.

For the NBA, perhaps only the very highest level executives and few select refs would know. And why would anything get out? Why would a high level executive risk losing his luxurious life, huge house, family, and risk getting in jail? Why would a ref risk going to jail, if he can just blow 1 call, keep his mouth shut, and get a piece of the pie?

It's in everyone's best interest to keep their mouth shut, or they'll all lose everything. The number involved here is probably far lower than the NSA, yet that was able to be kept secret for so long.

You said you'd say something. But would you still blow the whistle, if you know you'll lose your entire life, and definitely face serious prosecution?

Orlando Magic
06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
How long did it take until NSA story finally came out? And why did it take so long, even though so much people were in on it?

Fear. They fear prosecution themselves. Snowden had to give up his life and move to Hong Kong.

For the NBA, perhaps only the very highest level executives and few select refs would know. And why would anything get out? Why would a high level executive risk losing his luxurious life, huge house, family, and risk getting in jail? Why would a ref risk going to jail, if he can just blow 1 call, keep his mouth shut, and get a piece of the pie?

It's in everyone's best interest to keep their mouth shut, or they'll all lose everything. The number involved here is probably far lower than the NSA, yet that was able to be kept secret for so long.

You said you'd say something. But would you still blow the whistle, if you know you'll lose your entire life, and definitely face serious prosecution?

Great post.

BarberSchool
06-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Joey Crawford is a horrible official and his history with SA makes this an absurd assignment. He did a game earlier this series and his calls were nuetral/lean SA but in this scenario its just ridiculous. Its an assignment that screams out "something is going on". The NBA gets so upset when people suggest things are rigged but then they go and do stuff like this that seems almost to confirm it.Precisely.

BarberSchool
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM

You said you'd say something. But would you still blow the whistle, if you know you'll lose your entire life, and definitely face serious prosecution?I normally don't support globalizing a pro sports issue. but you, my brother, are a gentleman and a scholar for this one. :applause:

La Frescobaldi
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Rich people don't go to prison. Even if they did, it would still be luxurious.
dang he said truth on that

russwest0
06-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Tim Donaghy went to prison for betting on games he officiated. He's a liar, a convicted felon, and cheater probably trying anything he can to get a reduced sentence.

:facepalm

You do realize that Donaghy went to prison for betting on games that other officials officiated right? Most notably the 2002 WCF. Donaghy didn't even officiate that series, he just placed bets on it.

People are so blind

Draz
06-18-2013, 09:14 PM
lolol james