PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lamb the man who saves the Harden trade

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Who can forget this dunk? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPo-Pmk6Z5E

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0no7nFKSH1qma1obo1_250.gif
Lamb was pretty much a throw in, in the Harden deal. OKC can let Kevin Martin go and have Lamb get more minutes. He has great length and can shoot and defend. Reminds me of the Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol trade when it looked like a rip off. Lamb will be taking over the NBA one day! That's my hope at least.

[QUOTE]NBA Comparison: Reggie Miller:roll:

Strengths: Long and lanky swingman with a nice athletic profile and a good skill-set for the off-guard position ... Good size ... Stands just over 6'5" in shoes with a 6'11" wingspan, which gives him great length for the shooting guard position in the NBA ... Great leaping ability ... Gets off the floor quickly ... Has good explosiveness ... Nice quickness, and moves well with or without the ball ... Excellent all-around jump-shooter ... Spots up well off the ball ... Able to shoot comfortably in motion, from either mid-range or on the perimeter ... Should be a very dangerous weapon in an NBA motion offense as somebody that can score consistently off of curls and v-cuts ... Can also shoot off the dribble ... Has a nice step-back move that creates a fair amount of separation ... Due to his length and athleticism, has a high release on his jump shot that is difficult to defend ... Has range out to the NBA three-point line ... Good ball-handling skills that still have the potential to get better ... Has shown the ability to break down defenders off the dribble, especially when driving to his left ... Possesses a nice looking runner that he doesn

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
what no Jeremy Lamb fans here?

Haymaker
05-16-2013, 03:13 PM
You think Brooks will give him a chance? He let him rot on the bench all year long, same with Jones III. It's a lost season for him.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 03:15 PM
You think Brooks will give him a chance? He let him rot on the bench all year long, same with Jones III. It's a lost season for him.

he's gonna have to after their depth was exposed. They need more guys off the bench that can put up some points.

dzav323
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
And who could forget this one

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1007116/boing.gif

Rekindled
05-16-2013, 03:32 PM
he is better than sefalosha, no idea why brooks didnt play him all season

stevieming
05-16-2013, 04:01 PM
he is better than sefalosha, no idea why brooks didnt play him all season

Too right...

Mark Jackson playing his rookies Barnes and Green in the season, developed them and now are trusting them to contribute in the post season.

Thabo is past his sell by date, can't hit threes or open jump shots, can't drive in and create on his own, defence isn't that good any more either...I am not saying Lamb should be getting Thabo's minutes but come on, 7-8 minutes a game couldn't have hurt.

Brooks relied far too much on Durant and Westbrook.

(e)
05-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Jimmy Butler only played in half the games for Chicago last year, most of which was garbage time.

Looks what he was able to do this year once given a chance. There is nothing wrong with bringing young players along slowly.

I could definitely see Lamb becoming a very solid player in the league. He has all the physical abilities.

KyrieTheFuture
05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
I love Lamb I'm hoping he plays way more. Brooks honestly seems like a terrible coach he gives his young guys no minutes and refuses to not play Scrubrik Scrubkins

Burgz V2
05-16-2013, 05:18 PM
im convinced they will hand him the sixth man role at some point

dekciw
05-16-2013, 05:21 PM
If Lamb doesn't get more play time next season I hope they fire brooks. Actually they should just fire him already he really has no clue how to use the talent this team has that's just rotting on the bench/d league. PJ3 should be getting some time too.

Perkins/Ibaka and Thabo get away with not being so good too much because of how good Durant/Westbrook are. I mean, people actually voted Ibaka on an NBA all-defensive team :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
I like dude. I was wondering why the Thunder didn't play him. Hopefully he'll get some pt next season. They need to get rid off Perkins

Burgz V2
05-16-2013, 05:30 PM
If Lamb doesn't get more play time next season I hope they fire brooks. Actually they should just fire him already he really has no clue how to use the talent this team has that's just rotting on the bench/d league. PJ3 should be getting some time too.

Perkins/Ibaka and Thabo get away with not being so good too much because of how good Durant/Westbrook are. I mean, people actually voted Ibaka on an NBA all-defensive team :facepalm

:biggums:

do you realize what you are saying? You are saying that they should fire Brooks for not playing JEREMY LAMB and PJIII?

Even though he went to the Finals last year?

Even though if Russell Westbrook was healthy they probably would have done so again?

Even though they'd won 60 games or close to it for like 3 seasons in a row?

EVEN THOUGH they just signed him to a multi year contract and firing him would mean they'd have to eat that contract and still pay him AND pay another coach?

Your last statement I don't even understand. So Ibaka is NOT an all-defensive team worthy player? is that what you're saying?

I'm sorry it's hard to wrap my head around this, I just don't understand moron. :facepalm

WeGetRing2012
05-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Throw in :lol

Everyone who knows about basketball knew that was a good asset.

They also will have that lottery pick this year.

dekciw
05-16-2013, 05:37 PM

do you realize what you are saying? You are saying that they should fire Brooks for not playing JEREMY LAMB and PJIII?

Even though if Russell Westbrook was healthy they probably would have done so again?

EVEN THOUGH they just signed him to a multi year contract and firing him would mean they'd have to eat that contract and still pay him AND pay another coach?

Your last statement I don't even understand. So Ibaka is NOT an all-defensive team worthy player? is that what you're saying?

I'm sorry it's hard to wrap my head around this, I just don't understand moron. :facepalm

Not sure if serious :facepalm

1- What's the point of getting all that young talent if you're just gonna let them rot in d league? They've already proved they're much better than that. Why play D.Fisher over jackson in reg season?

2- Brooks got to the finals because of how good okc is, not because he's a good coach.

3- I'm not saying he's not worthy but there are players more worthy than him. His defense is overrated because he block shots. He gets murdered in the post. (see memphis series)

Burgz V2
05-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Not sure if serious :facepalm

1- What's the point of getting all that young talent if you're just gonna let them rot in d league? They've already proved they're much better than that. Why play D.Fisher over jackson in reg season?

2- Brooks got to the finals because of how good okc is, not because he's a good coach.

3- I'm not saying he's not worthy but I'd of taken many more players before him. His defense is overrated because he block shots. He gets murdered in the post. (see memphis series)

They did the same thing with Sefolosha before letting him play. Same thing with Ibaka. Let them get PT in the D-League before playing in the NBA. Why is that a bad thing? Kevin Martin expires this year they could easily just insert him in next year after a full year playing in the D-League.

To say that they got to finals because of the players and not Brooks is just silly. Why give all the players the credit. Fine, the reason that OKC lost was because the players weren't good enough. If Brooks' presence is negligible then at least be consistent, no?

And who are these many more players you speak of? You realize he can't guard Z-Bo AND Gasol right? You realize Perkins was HISTORICALLY bad this series which put more pressure on Ibaka right? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 07:13 PM

I'd fire Brooks because he hasn't found a way to better utilize Durant. HE has no fckin plays! OKC has gotten far in the playoffs based off talent alone. It has nothing to do with what Brooks has done.

Wavves
05-16-2013, 07:20 PM
He'll get his chance next season with Martin leaving the team. He may even be given a major role in the team.

I wouldn't say OKC have been letting him and PJ3 rot on the bench, they've been getting their time in the D-League, of course which isn't the same as the NBA, but experience against NBA worthy player nonetheless. The team won 60 games again this season, it wasn't like they HAD to be played.

Rubio2Gasol
05-16-2013, 07:32 PM
On Firing Brooks - No - don't do it. He connects well with the team and has some decent qualities. However, hire an offensive coordinator.

On Lamb, I like him - I think rather than letting him be a 6th man - you give him a Harrison Barnes type role from next season. He's the type of player that can get stuff in the flow of the game, but he doesn't have much moves.

KDthunderup
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I have watched Lamb closely this year and he has all the tools to be a quality starting sg perhaps even an all star guard one day. He has a silky smooth stroke and is uber athletic as well with one long ass reach. I do question his iq though, he does make silly rookie errors, he takes questionable shots and doesn't see the floor that well but that can be excused somewhat since he is a rookie. I have also heard rumours about his motivation, apparently he can be a bit lazy, but heres hoping they arent true because he can be a vital piece to the Thunder next year if he works on his weaknesses.

Nash
05-16-2013, 08:44 PM
poor, poor Lamb. Dude was suppose to be playing and learning this season like his fellow rookies. Instead he is stuck on the OKC bench. Feel sorry for the dude.

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
poor, poor Lamb. Dude was suppose to be playing and learning this season like his fellow rookies. Instead he is stuck on the OKC bench. Feel sorry for the dude.

remember when Kemba Walker left they were talking about how Lamb was a potential 1st overall pick the next year.

LONGTIME
05-16-2013, 08:54 PM
People defending Scott Brooks just ****ing :roll:

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-16-2013, 08:55 PM
People defending Scott Brooks just ****ing :roll:

I hope he gets canned even though he wont for another year or two

MARLO
05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
The guy was a baller in the summer league; he shared summer league MVP honors with Lillard but he gets benched for almost the entire regular season?!
I was convinced OKC would've wrapped Martin, Lamb, and the picks into a package for something nice before the trade deadline, but no..

He needs to go to a team like Boston where he can get playing time and open looks from a good PG and some veteran leadership if those old guys are still there next season.

chips93
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I'd fire Brooks because he hasn't found a way to better utilize Durant. HE has no fckin plays! OKC has gotten far in the playoffs based off talent alone. It has nothing to do with what Brooks has done.

this

good coaches, stuck coaching bad teams often get fired unfairly, because their untalented team loses

brooks in okc is pretty much the opposite. hes a bad coach, but his team has done well, so he hasnt got fired.

chips93
05-16-2013, 09:13 PM
remember when Kemba Walker left they were talking about how Lamb was a potential 1st overall pick the next year.

i dont remember anybody saying anything like this

people thought he could go top 10, maybe top 5.

nobody was saying number 1 overall.

Da KO King
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
The amusing thing to me is Jeremy Lamb reminds me of Kevin Martin back when Martin was good for 20+ points a night. So the Thunder will be letting the original leave to let the second coming play.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-11-2014, 11:55 PM
props to all the brothers that were on the Lamb train early!

Smook A.
02-12-2014, 12:13 AM
props to all the brothers that were on the Lamb train early!
I saw it coming. As a Rockets fan I watched him all summer league when he got drafted. I really liked him as a player and I saw his potential. He's a crafty player

CelticBaller
02-12-2014, 12:14 AM
UConn finest :applause:

kNicKz
02-12-2014, 12:26 AM
And who could forget this one

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1007116/boing.gif

That whole 2011-2012 season was just :facepalm

Getting bounced in the first round by Iowa State haunts me to this day. We were supposed to repeat

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-12-2014, 12:59 AM
terrible 3 minutes for okc

All Net
02-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Scary he is only 21

It's unfair how scary okc can be down the line..

02-12-2014, 07:56 AM
UConn and them wing players...

Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Rudy Gay, and now Lamb...:bowdown:

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 08:23 PM
He's sucked for two straight years. He can still be good though.
Hopefully somebody will bump this next season.

Done_And_Done
04-17-2014, 11:31 PM
He's shown flashes along the way though. He he's been anything but consistent, but his time in OKC hasn't been a complete wash. We'll just have to wait and see how he pans out..

navy
04-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Scott Brooks hates him He looked good in the games I watched.

Graviton
04-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Brooks hates all young players, dude rather play Porkins, Fisher, Butler than any of our fresh studs that played well when they got the chance. :facepalm

TMac&Luther
04-18-2014, 12:46 AM
"NBA Comparison: Reggie Miller" :facepalm :oldlol:

Sorry, no way in hell he turns into the "Marc Gasol" in this trade...

His max potential is a possible starter (not a star or main 1st/2nd option). Most likely he'll be a 6th man on a championship caliber team.

russwest0
04-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Scott Brooks hates him He looked good in the games I watched.

Yeah, he averaged about what OKC fans expected this year at 8ppg, the difference is we didn't expect his minutes to be inconsistent as hell. 8ppg is nice considering he was the 2nd option off the bench and had multiple games where he only logged like 1-2 minutes of garbage time relief.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 12:49 AM
That Harden trade is still one of the worst trades in the NBA history

OKC would've been better if they had Harden right now. FACT

BrainDead
04-18-2014, 12:59 AM
This guy sucks just like the rest of the players on that team

russwest0
04-18-2014, 01:01 AM
That Harden trade is still one of the worst trades in the NBA history

OKC would've been better if they had Harden right now. FACT

Lmao, are you still salty that Harden recently had an interview where he came across regretful as hell for leaving OKC?

Yall literally want OKC to have 3 max contracts + two guys making 10M a year + a collection of other guys making around 2M a year. Even MIA didn't go that much into the tax and even amnestied Mike Miller (an important piece) just to avoid doing so.

And if you actually read up on the CBA you could learn all about the repeater tax and the simple fact that, accounting for OKC's actual worth, there is no chance in hell they'd be able to keep that core together for 10+ years.

I mean, I don't see how the value could ever decrease between anyone on a team of Westbrook, Reggie, Harden, Durant, Ibaka. I mean surely Westbrook and Harden would each average 25/7, Durant would get his 32/5, and Ibaka would chip in his 15PPG along with Reggie's 13PPG. Surely. And surely Harden's PPG jumping up a whopping 10 points from OKC to Houston was just him improving and not a role increase that he wouldn't get in OKC. Surely.

Also, people are stupid as hell to point to what Harden is doing in Houston as if that is somehow salt in the wound to OKC. OKC knew that he was more than capable of doing that being the guy somewhere. OKC uses advanced data for everything and account for almost every possible variable (teammates, opponent, etc, etc) as well. They know precisely what Hardens value was in OKC and set their price accordingly. Harden dragged shit down to the wire, so they gave him one hour to decide and he ****ed up and made the wrong choice. (Sounds especially regretful in that last interview) It is what it is. He'll just have to live with it once he gets on the bus after OKC sends Houston packing in the WCF and goes to the Finals without him.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Lmao, are you still salty that Harden recently had an interview where he came across regretful as hell for leaving OKC?

Yall literally want OKC to have 3 max contracts + two guys making 10M a year + a collection of other guys making around 2M a year. Even MIA didn't go that much into the tax and even amnestied Mike Miller (an important piece) just to avoid doing so.

And if you actually read up on the CBA you could learn all about the repeater tax and the simple fact that, accounting for OKC's actual worth, there is no chance in hell they'd be able to keep that core together for 10+ years.

I mean, I don't see how the value could ever decrease between anyone on a team of Westbrook, Reggie, Harden, Durant, Ibaka. I mean surely Westbrook and Harden would each average 25/7, Durant would get his 32/5, and Ibaka would chip in his 15PPG along with Reggie's 13PPG. Surely.

And surely Harden's PPG jumping up a whopping 10 points from OKC to Houston was just him improving and not a role increase that he wouldn't get in OKC. Surely.
Good points.

I forgot about the money issue.

TMac&Luther
04-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Yeah, he averaged about what OKC fans expected this year at 8ppg, the difference is we didn't expect his minutes to be inconsistent as hell. 8ppg is nice considering he was the 2nd option off the bench and had multiple games where he only logged like 1-2 minutes of garbage time relief.

You ever think there's a reason why his minutes were inconsistent and he was the 2nd option of the bench? (20 min per game), maybe it was because Lamb was inconsistent and wasn't ready for a increased roll. And the "Brooks hates young players" argument doesn't fit.. as that would mean he's hated almost his entire team during his tenure in OKC.

russwest0
04-18-2014, 01:10 AM
You ever think there's a reason why his minutes were inconsistent and he was the 2nd option of the bench? (20 min per game), maybe it was because Lamb was inconsistent and wasn't ready for a increased roll. And the "Brooks hates young players" argument doesn't fit.. as that would mean he's hated almost his entire team during his tenure in OKC.

A 2nd year player in the NBA is inconsistent?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131017164655/cardfight/images/a/af/You-dont-say.jpeg

And Brooks doesn't hate younger players, he just loves his vets. He gets a hard on for any player that reminds him of him in his playing days. A bench warming vet that got by on toughness and intangibles. Problem is he's living vicariously through these players (Fisher and Perkins for example) and giving them far too many minutes over more talented younger players.

Just watch OKC in the regular season and focus on what I'm saying if you want some proof. Our other young 2 guard Andre Roberson came in when OKC was down and needed a spark and in 6 minutes scored 6 points (on 3-3 shooting), got 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 steal, locked down Tyreke Evans, and then was instantly benched for Fisher who came in to be used as Tyreke Evans stopper (after already getting worked) and got torched repeatedly.

Or you'd see Steven Adams coming in, getting 3 boards in 1 minute and then picking up a foul and getting instantly benched as a "teaching moment" just to never return in that game while Perkins plays like ass.

Point is Caron Butler plays like ass, gets torched on D all game, shoots 1-7 and still comfortably gets 30 minutes that game. Lamb comes close to even doing the same shit and he's benched before he even gets 10 minutes. Hard as hell to play well when you can't get into a rhythm because your coach holds you on a short leash and to a higher standard that he doesn't hold washed up vets to.

russwest0
04-18-2014, 01:23 AM
And FYI, Lamb "falling out of the rotation" was by design. Follow how OKC develops their players and you would have already known it was going to happen. They've managed his development really well.

First year: Got plenty of burn in the D-League to hone his skills, work on the fundementals, and learn OKC's offense/defense (they run the exact same system in the d league that they run in the pros)

Second year: Get called up to the NBA and get minutes sporadically, get acquainted with the team and fully adjusted to the NBA to make a big leap next year (conveniently the year Thabo Sefolosha will no longer be under contract).

This shit was all set in stone from the start. We traded Harden and acquired a SG 2 years before our starting SG's contract expires and a C 2 years before our starting C's contract expires. We essentially give them both 2 years to develop and get acclimated to prepare them for a starting role.

Supplementing 2 bonafide superstars and a fringe all star with young talent like this while having plenty of more cap flexibility was absolutely the right move rather than being in cap hell with no replacement plans for Sefolosha or Perkins and with diminishing value for Harden, Reggie, Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.

TMac&Luther
04-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Hmm... I guess that's why the guy Lamb was traded for never got consistent burn under Brooks... oh wait. :facepalm he did

Fans try to do this crap all the time. Blame a coach for not playing a player that they'd like to see get more burn.. but they don't get to see any of the practices and don't know what's going on behind the scenes. If Jeremy Lamb was the next "Reggie Miller" he'd be playing a LOT more under Brooks. Brooks has had one of the youngest rosters in the league during his tenure in OKC.. he doesn't hate young players. And every coach loves vet players, especially on contending teams, but still it doesn't mean they ignore every young player who deserves to play (see Harden with Brooks).

Rockets fans said the same thing about McHale until Houston drafted Chandler Parsons (who was a 2nd round pick).. and he was able to gain McHale's trust as a rook and become a main player in our rotation his very first season (something T. Jones didn't even do his first year). Point is, if Lamb was half as good as the OP is trying to make him seem, he would've been able to do the same.

At best just hope he becomes a lethal shooter, but I highly doubt he ever becomes as valuable to his franchise as Marc Gasol has become to his.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 01:50 AM
And FYI, Lamb "falling out of the rotation" was by design. Follow how OKC develops their players and you would have already known it was going to happen. They've managed his development really well.

First year: Got plenty of burn in the D-League to hone his skills, work on the fundementals, and learn OKC's offense/defense (they run the exact same system in the d league that they run in the pros)

Second year: Get called up to the NBA and get minutes sporadically, get acquainted with the team and fully adjusted to the NBA to make a big leap next year (conveniently the year Thabo Sefolosha will no longer be under contract).

This shit was all set in stone from the start. We traded Harden and acquired a SG 2 years before our starting SG's contract expires and a C 2 years before our starting C's contract expires. We essentially give them both 2 years to develop and get acclimated to prepare them for a starting role.

Supplementing 2 bonafide superstars and a fringe all star with young talent like this while having plenty of more cap flexibility was absolutely the right move rather than being in cap hell with no replacement plans for Sefolosha or Perkins and with diminishing value for Harden, Reggie, Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.

this. if WB doesn't go down last year...they were winning the title imo.

the only thing i'd say, and i agree completely with the above, is that Presti ****ed up his year and should have traded the Dallas pick and solidified this roster.

If the Thunder win...then it won't matter much, but if they lose...the 2nd guessing should commence and rightfully so.

But the Harden trade has become a joke...it was the right move to trade him or WB...and the Thunder got back exactly what they wanted and needed.

russwest0
04-18-2014, 01:52 AM
oh what a coincidence that Lambs consistent minutes ended towards the end of the season with OKC acquiring Caron Butler while already in the process of shortening the rotation for the playoffs.

Nah, he sux doe!!1

:oldlol: Retards don't realize it was all part of the plan to give Lamb 2 years before being a playoff contributor. It's very simple, let me break it down as simple as possible with examples.

Lamb (SG) acquired 2 years before Thabo's (SG) contract expires.
Adams (C) acquired 2 years before Perkins' (C) contract expires.
Roberson (SG) acquired 2 years before Reggie's (SG) contract expires.

And within those 2 years, we don't depend on nor expect shit out of these players come playoff time, barring a situation like last year where Westbrook went down and Reggie Jackson was forced to step in and play.

I guess some people just get lost with OKC making the transition from young team that tanked for 3 years and gave the young guys all the minutes they wanted to a contender that is having to approach the development of young players different ways. Westbrook is a hell of player now but if this team added a similar player to ROOKIE Westbrook, there is no way in hell that that player would be getting the minutes to develop here in the NBA this season. He'd have one whole year in the D-League to sort shit out and develop.

Houston fans should actually be more knowledgeable about this situation than they are. Knowing that OKC basically prepared Harden to make that 3rd year leap and make a push for the title. The difference is they have to approach the situation with someone like Lamb differently because in Lambs first year OKC was contending. Can't say the same for Harden in his first year.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 02:26 AM
oh what a coincidence that Lambs consistent minutes ended towards the end of the season with OKC acquiring Caron Butler while already in the process of shortening the rotation for the playoffs.

Nah, he sux doe!!1

:oldlol: Retards don't realize it was all part of the plan to give Lamb 2 years before being a playoff contributor. It's very simple, let me break it down as simple as possible with examples.

And within those 2 years, we don't depend on nor expect shit out of these players come playoff time, barring a situation like last year where Westbrook went down and Reggie Jackson was forced to step in and play.

I guess some people just get lost with OKC making the transition from young team that tanked for 3 years and gave the young guys all the minutes they wanted to a contender that is having to approach the development of young players different ways. Westbrook is a hell of player now but if this team added a similar player to ROOKIE Westbrook, there is no way in hell that that player would be getting the minutes to develop here in the NBA this season. He'd have one whole year in the D-League to sort shit out and develop.

Houston fans should actually be more knowledgeable about this situation than they are. Knowing that OKC basically prepared Harden to make that 3rd year leap and make a push for the title. The difference is they have to approach the situation with someone like Lamb differently because in Lambs first year OKC was contending. Can't say the same for Harden in his first year.

bingo

what do you think about Presti not moving the Dallas pick for something at the deadline?

are you cool with running this team you have out there or would you have been willing to part with something like the pick and a young player to get better now?

TMac&Luther
04-18-2014, 02:48 AM

Nah, he sux doe!!1

God damn.. just more excuse making.

And I love the fact that you totally changed your position on why Lamb doesn't get the burn that you think he should..

First year: Got plenty of burn in the D-League to hone his skills, work on the fundamentals, and learn OKC's offense/defense (they run the exact same system in the d league that they run in the pros)

This shit was all set in stone from the start.

:biggums: OK.. do me a favor and please stop talking out of both sides of your corn hole and stop changing your argument. Which has gone from "Brooks won't play young players" which you were upset with.. and now you're trying to pass this off as just being a "organizational thing" (which goes WAY above Brooks' head) and "part of the design" by the organization.. which now you support. :facepalm

You're trying to play both sides here and it isn't flying. And as far as the Thunder picking up Caron Butler and allowing him to steal minutes from Lamb.. that doesn't mean they're trying to stash him or develop him, it means they don't trust him and are looking for a upgrade so can we please cut the bullshit here.. really. Again, If Lin was even half as good as you're trying to make him seem.. no way I hell would he of lost any time to Butler. He would've still gotten his minutes and burn.

Brokenbeat
04-18-2014, 02:50 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131017164655/cardfight/images/a/af/You-dont-say.jpeg

Off topic, but I want to punch my screen every time I see this meme. :banghead:

russwest0
04-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Houston fans having a hard time comprehending a team with a proven and efficient system for player development as opposed to recklessly trying to acquire disgruntled stars and being left with a 2-3 year window to "contend."

It's hardly even "hit or miss" at this point. OKC gets guys with elite measurable and athleticism for their position. All guys who improved from year to year in college or made a big jump in skill from HS to college showing they have the capabilities to do so in the pros. It's all about sticking to the plan in OKC. No "luck," and no guesswork. I guess you must be taken back by that though because Presti doesn't go rogue like Morey and end up with a situation like yall have with Asik. :oldlol:

russwest0
04-18-2014, 02:58 AM
Off topic, but I want to punch my screen every time I see this meme. :banghead:

russwest0
04-18-2014, 03:03 AM
bingo

what do you think about Presti not moving the Dallas pick for something at the deadline?

are you cool with running this team you have out there or would you have been willing to part with something like the pick and a young player to get better now?

Meh, not sure who OKC could have gotten at the deadline w/ the Dallas pick or let alone OKC's first rounder. Evan Turner would have been an option but definitely didn't want him. They did agree to a trade in principle with the Knicks to get Shumpert who would have been a great fit but then the Knicks went full Knicks mode and derped out.

Me thinks OKC will try to trade up both their first rounders and possibly a young player/prospect to get Doug McDermott in the draft this year.

I've just been following that situation and it makes a lot of sense despite McDermott not having the elite measurables OKC looks for. He's said his favorite team is OKC, (which Perry Jones said before OKC drafted him) Presti has been going to scout him ever since he was a sophmore (which is typical of a Presti draftee), and he fills the sniper role to replace Caron Butler and Derek Fisher.

Doesn't mean it will happen though. So many variables go into trading up for a player, it almost never goes through.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 03:11 AM
Meh, not sure who OKC could have gotten at the deadline w/ the Dallas pick or let alone OKC's first rounder. Evan Turner would have been an option but definitely didn't want him. They did agree to a trade in principle with the Knicks to get Shumpert who would have been a great fit but then the Knicks went full Knicks mode and derped out.

Me thinks OKC will try to trade up both their first rounders and possibly a young player/prospect to get Doug McDermott in the draft this year.

I've just been following that situation and it makes a lot of sense despite McDermott not having the elite measurables OKC looks for. He's said his favorite team is OKC, (which Perry Jones said before OKC drafted him) Presti has been going to scout him ever since he was a sophmore (which is typical of a Presti draftee), and he fills the sniper role to replace Caron Butler and Derek Fisher.

Doesn't mean it will happen though. So many variables go into trading up for a player, it almost never goes through.

Guys like Shumpert and Afflalo come time mind.

I think it's a fascinating topic personally...and my opinion is that they should have done something this season to sure up their rotation.

But if they win anyway...I'll be wrong because they'll have the title and more assets for the future to do the kind of stuff you are talking about above.

disel
04-18-2014, 04:32 AM

Stupid ******.

ILLsmak
04-18-2014, 06:14 AM
what no Jeremy Lamb fans here?

I think you can dig up plenty of posts of dudes saying WORST TRADE. And then a couple people (myself included) saying Lamb might be good tho... dat prospect. And then many LOLLAMBs. I think he's good. I also still think that was a good trade for both teams.

-Smak

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Thunder fans still in absolute denial :oldlol:

Mr Exlax
05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Let's discuss guys.