PDA

View Full Version : Conference Finals Predictions Thread- (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (5) Memphis Grizzles

Kiddlovesnets
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
who wins in 7?

Game 1: May 19 3:30pm EDT @SAS (TV: ABC)
Game 2: May 21 9:00pm EDT @SAS (TV: ESPN)
Game 3: May 25 9:00pm EDT @MEM (TV: ESPN)
Game 4: May 27 9:00pm EDT @MEM (TV: ESPN)
Game 5: May 29 9:00pm EDT @SAS (TV: ESPN)
Game 6: May 31 9:00pm EDT @MEM (TV: ESPN)
Game 7: Jun 2 9:00pm EDT @SAS (TV: ESPN)

willds09
05-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I hope tha spurs win in 7 since we beat them twice this season.

Kiddlovesnets
05-14-2013, 11:57 PM

Yeah, the Heat beat Spurs twice in NBA playoffs, but they are only 1-1 against the Grizzlies. The Heat would love to play the Spurs more, but I think they will win against Grizzlies too, just a bit more challenging.

bdreason
05-15-2013, 12:00 AM
I give the Spurs the slight edge in this series because of HCA.

willds09
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Yeah, the Heat beat Spurs twice in NBA playoffs, but they are only 1-1 against the Grizzlies. The Heat would love to play the Spurs more, but I think they will win against Grizzlies too, just a bit more challenging.
Im talking about tha knicks.

1987_Lakers
05-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Duncan is gonna run out of gas. I got Memphis in 6.

shady6121
05-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Grizzlies in 6 imo.

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2013, 01:58 AM
Whoever beats the Spurs wont win chips, so Miami Heat should wish the Grizzlies to come out of the West instead.
:D

VIntageNOvel
05-16-2013, 02:01 AM

that kobe's level of confidence :applause:

AussieG
05-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Going against OKC it was easy to see and know.. that without Westbrook they'd be screwed.

It's maybe the biggest team in the NBA, where if you take one player out they are screwed.

With the Spurs.. it'd be easier to say after watching game 1. Parker, Duncan and the bench are the big keys for me. I used to think it was Manu and that he was the MVP of the Spurs (years ago) but he doesn't seem the same player these days.. and his bald spot has grown.

Leonard, Diaw, Green.. chipping in.. with Duncan and especially Parker.. if they can shut down Parker.. the series is easily winnnable. If they don't.. Spurs could control it. Both teams have reason to feel confident.

The Grizzlies are a better more mature team now.. and the Spurs are experienced and healthy. The Spurs are also old.. but Parker and Duncan still play like they are young.

But the Grizzlies are like a python that slowly chokes the life out of you. The last two series have followed a similar pattern.. as each game has gone on.. the belief and the life of the team has slowly been drained out.

In the last 2 series, the Grizz went on to win 4 in a row both times. But this Spurs team might not be so easy, and Pop is a good coach.

Mrofir
05-16-2013, 02:19 AM
.. and his bald spot has grown.

This. Grizz in 6.

AussieG
05-16-2013, 02:23 AM
:lol Hard not to notice it.

DuMa
05-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Grizz play hard defense. Thats their best asset. However, They never once blew out OKC with their nonexistent offensive game plan with Durant being the lone threat of attack. Durant had trouble scoring the last 2 games and STILL OKC was able to hang around until the final moments. That says alot to me how Grizz are not the overwhelming favorites against the Spurs

I think the Spurs win in 6. Just because they are more offensively potent and Coach Pop can outcoach Hollins easily

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 01:02 AM
This will get started next week I guess, or Saturday?
:banana:

outbreak
05-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Grizz in 6

COnDEMnED
05-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Spurs are the better team, but I think after beating GSW I think they gas out. Grizzlies in 7.

LongLiveTheKing
05-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Grizzlies in 6...

lakeshow1
05-17-2013, 01:14 AM
Grizz in 6.

Series starts Sunday.

1987_Lakers
05-17-2013, 01:16 AM
2nd chance points will be the story of this series. Memphis in 6.

jcsrplumply
05-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Spurs in 6.

prodnus
05-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Grizz 2012-2013 champs

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Grizzlies defended the Thunder well during crunch time, but the Spurs usually get hot from 3pt line near the end of the game. Interesting to see who will prevail from this matchup.

Young X
05-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Spurs in 6

The_Yearning
05-17-2013, 01:19 AM
These Grizz will grind these old men til they drop.

SCdac
05-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Spurs in 6 or 7.

They're a much better team than the team that lost to the Grizz in 2011.

But it will be a tough series. Hard fought. The way it should be.

hitmanyr2k
05-17-2013, 01:22 AM
It'll be a 7 game series and a toss-up to who wins Game 7. Home court won't matter in this series.

Stern
05-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Grizzlies in 7.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Grizz 2012-2013 champs

ib4 willds09 enters this thread and bites you.
:lol

WWRWestbrookDo?
05-17-2013, 01:27 AM
memphis

Jyap9675
05-17-2013, 01:27 AM
This is a win for basketball, now Heat will be facing a legit opponent

LongLiveTheKing
05-17-2013, 01:28 AM
ib4 willds09 enters this thread and bites you.
He's banned. :lol

All Net
05-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Use this thread to make your predictions...

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2013, 01:29 AM
He's banned. :lol

Oh really? Thats why he hasnt been trolling around when the Knicks won a playoffs game. For some reason I want him to be unbanned until the Knicks get eliminated, otherwise it kills the fun to pwn him by then(either by Indiana or by the Heat).

fsvr54
05-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Spurs in 6

All Net
05-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Spurs in 6 or 7.

They're a much better team than the team that lost to the Grizz in 2011.

But it will be a tough series. Hard fought. The way it should be.

Agree

One of those series that is tough to call...

SCdac
05-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Agree

One of those series that is tough to call...

I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis wins, especially if Randolph in particular has a big series, but really nothing surprises me.

I do get the vibe from SA's team that they didn't come this far to lose in the WCF again though.

For SA, it's about Parker not being outplayed by Conley (almost a bigger match up than the bigs in this series), and making sure Green/Leonard/Splitter all show up offensively (on top of the Big 3), like they have been all season.

SoCalLakersFan1
05-17-2013, 01:40 AM
This is gonna be a great series. I think it's either gonna be Grizzlies in 6 or Spurs in 7.
Splitter and Bayless are gonna have to play well.

O_City_Thunder
05-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Memphis in 6

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Silence
05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Three straight playoff rematches for the Grizzlies haha. That's pretty crazy considering they are against the only three teams Memphis has faced in the Gasol-Randolph era. This is an extremely tough series to predict. As much as I would like the Grizzlies to advance, I think the Spurs will win in 7. Hope I'm wrong.

illmaticone
05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Spurs in 7.

Shepseskaf
05-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Put Curry on the Grizz, and this series would be over in 4.

AussieG
05-17-2013, 01:54 AM
There is no player in this series as good as Durant was.

Parker can have stretches where he plays like MVP but in that last game, he shot horribly and was basically a ball distributer and spot up shooter. Conley can outplay that, but he can't outplay when Parker gets hot from midrange. Parker is the closest thing they have to a superstar I guess.. but he's still much easier to stop than Durant, and older too.

What the Spurs lack in terms of a true superstar, they have in terms of experience and balanced scoring. Balanced scoring is harder to stop, most of the time. But it also means less reason to double and triple team.

I don't expect it to be until game 2 or 3 until the adjustments take effect and we will really see who can win. By game 5, all the adjustments will have been made and it'll just be a battle of wills.

The role players like Green, Diaw, Splitter can have a huge bearing on the series. Manu showed today that even when he doesn't hit his 3's he's still hard to guard off the dribble. And can make plays.

I wonder if fatigue and age can play a role later in the series.

Grizzlies are undefeated on their home floor all playoffs.. and if Spurs can steal one in game 3 or 4, they'll be hard to beat.

I think the Spurs will be in for a bit of a shock though.. so far they've played Lakers (lol) and Warriors.

Those are two soft teams compared to Memphis or OKC.. and they'll need to adjust. This team actually plays D.. and plays very physical, and fights to the death.

Both teams have a good chance to win, but either way.. it should be good to watch, and a nice repeat of 2 years ago. Spurs want revenge, and Grizzlies want their first ever finals appearance.

I don't think Memphis will truly feel confident until after they've stolen 1 in SA. If they go back home 2-0 down, it could be hard. They did that against Clippers but this Spurs team is much better.

unbreakable
05-17-2013, 02:01 AM
zach isnt as dominant as he was 2 yrs ago when they beat the spurs.. and gasol isnt a big scorer..

wheres the scoring gonna come from for memphis? they dont have the perimeter firepower to compete with the spurs for 7 games.

spurs in 6.

TMT
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
I'm going to go Spurs in 6. My head says maybe due to fatigue this series could go 7 games but I'll stick with 6.

The regular season series was 2-2.

The Grizzlies are going to have to make this a slow, grind it out series to get to the Finals. But I have a feeling Popovich is going to make a fast gamplan and try to make this a track meet Memphis. Neither Gasol or Z-Bo are great athletes, and one ability the Spurs showed during their regular season match ups was being to outrun their bigs. Splitter has benefited from this majorly and after a big close out Game 6 at GS in the semis I expect him to have a big series in the conference finals. This year against the Grizzlies Parker has been relatively successful averaging 26 points and 7 assists per game on 50% shooting and 51% from three. Conley has given him trouble in the past but this should be Tony's best shot at proving himself.

The Grizz are shooting the three at around a 30% clip so they clearly don't have many deep threats. The Spurs are going to have to pack the paint and make this a rough series.

The other side of the floor is what I think most people are going to be curious about. The Memphis Grizzly league best defense against one of the top offensive teams in San Antonio. Gasol and Randolph against Duncan and Splitter in the paint is going to be entertaining to watch. Looking forward to this series.

:cheers:

Kurosawa0
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Going with the herd, Memphis in six.

Wonder Bread Kid
05-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Spurs in 5. :D

Rose'sACL
05-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Spurs in 7. same for the finals.

BlazersDozen
05-17-2013, 02:44 AM
I have Spurs in 6, maybe 5.

The Spurs defense isn't bad enough for it to be a great advantage for Memphis. San Antonio has two bigs in Duncan & Splitter who can defend Gasol & Randolph effectively. We could finally see Blair get some run in this series also due to his strength & could make it hard for Randolph to get position in the post. The Spurs have the better all around offense which is why I give them the edge. During the regular season, the Grizzlies had one of the best three point defenses in the NBA, but San Antonio shot 36% from deep against them in the regular season & 48% from the field while Memphis' offense was abysmal versus the Spurs with 42/23.

Duncan & Splitter won't be pushed around or out rebounded drastically by Randolph & Gasol. Conley will continue to struggle shooting while Parker will continue his strong play & the Spurs ball movement, ability to play inside/out & find open three point shooters will put them over the Grizzlies and into the NBA Finals.

Alan Ogg
05-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Spurs in 6.

Sarcastic
05-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Spurs should win this. Mempis is overrated.

Wavves
05-17-2013, 03:02 AM
I have the Spurs in 7. Could go either way though, Memphis will need to play better to beat the Spurs, they're a great team but they didn't really destroy OKC like they probably should have the way they were playing.

TrueRob
05-17-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm gonna go with Spurs in 7. It seemed like the Spurs had no trouble getting wide open 3-pointers against the Warriors' defense, I wonder how they will do in this series with Memphis swarming them.

dbugz
05-17-2013, 03:12 AM
Memphis in 5 or 6.

The Grizz is a bad match up for the Spurs at both ends of the floor.

SCdac
05-17-2013, 03:14 AM
I have Spurs in 6, maybe 5.

The Spurs defense isn't bad enough for it to be a great advantage for Memphis. San Antonio has two bigs in Duncan & Splitter who can defend Gasol & Randolph effectively. We could finally see Blair get some run in this series also due to his strength & could make it hard for Randolph to get position in the post. The Spurs have the better all around offense which is why I give them the edge. During the regular season, the Grizzlies had one of the best three point defenses in the NBA, but San Antonio shot 36% from deep against them in the regular season & 48% from the field while Memphis' offense was abysmal versus the Spurs with 42/23.

Duncan & Splitter won't be pushed around or out rebounded drastically by Randolph & Gasol. Conley will continue to struggle shooting while Parker will continue his strong play & the Spurs ball movement, ability to play inside/out & find open three point shooters will put them over the Grizzlies and into the NBA Finals.

Like the Spurs-Lakers series, we'll probably see a little Aron Baynes too

He's a 7 foot, foul-absorber SA didn't have in 2011, yet in his limited minutes he's active and plays relatively smart.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0428/nba_g_baynes_400.jpg

BlazersDozen
05-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Like the Spurs-Lakers series, we'll probably see a little Aron Baynes too

He's a 7 foot, foul-absorber SA didn't have in 2011, yet in his limited minutes he's active and plays relatively smart.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0428/nba_g_baynes_400.jpg

Definitly against Gasol.

BlazersDozen
05-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Memphis in 5 or 6.

The Grizz is a bad match up for the Spurs at both ends of the floor.

Explain...

dbugz
05-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Explain...

They have Conley who's a good defender to guard TP. (they can even put Tony Allen to guard him)

Grizz has an excellent wing defenders and Spurs outside shooting will be for sure get marked.

Grizz bench is pretty good as well.

Who will guard Gasol and Randolph? Gassed TD?

madmax
05-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Grizz play hard defense. Thats their best asset. However, They never once blew out OKC with their nonexistent offensive game plan with Durant being the lone threat of attack. Durant had trouble scoring the last 2 games and STILL OKC was able to hang around until the final moments. That says alot to me how Grizz are not the overwhelming favorites against the Spurs

I think the Spurs win in 6. Just because they are more offensively potent and Coach Pop can outcoach Hollins easily

just as easily as 2 years ago, you mean?:lol
Anyway, Grizz in 5

Ancient Legend
05-17-2013, 03:35 AM
The Grizzlies match up extremely well against the Spurs' Big 3.

- Current Gasol & Randolph vs Duncan, come on son (Splitter doesn't count), they clog the paint and Duncan either gets in foul trouble or will be a bit tentative defensively.

- If Tony Allen (and Prince) can make Durant go 10-27 and 5-21, what will he do to Ginobili?

- Conley fared well against CP3. Parker is a bit more crafty and faster, but I don't expect TP to go nuts on him.

The bench and role players favor the Spurs. Pointdexter and Bayless scare no one. Leonard, Green, Diaw on the other hand are crafty and shoot lights out from three if open.

If it comes down to defense, the Grizz will win 6. If the Spurs role players get hot, they win in 7.

Artillery
05-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Parker's been been effing slow from March onwards(when he sprained his ankle). It was a big mistake on his part to come back early from that injury. He's going to have a very bad series against Memphis, I think. Memphis win the Western Conference(beating injured teams in every round) and end up getting crushed by a healthy Lebron.

BlazersDozen
05-17-2013, 04:02 AM
They have Conley who's a good defender to guard TP. (they can even put Tony Allen to guard him)

Except, Mike Conley has been garbage on offense this post season. He's shooting 38/28 so even if he brings Parker's 48% shooting down to 42%, Parker will still be out playing Conley. Parker is no slouch on defense either & Conley's numbers have come come against Chris Paul who was crap defensively this post season and Reggie Jackson/Derek Fisher. Also, I know Parker hasn't seen a defender yet in the post season, which is why I do think his effectiveness will decrease, but he'll still out play Mike Conley. Tony Allen can't guard Tony Parker. If he sags off of Parker to make up for his speed then Parker can hit the mid rage jumper & lets not forget Parker did shoot 51% against Memphis in the regular season.

has an excellent wing defenders and Spurs outside shooting will be for sure get marked.

So why did these wing defenders not work during the regular season when the Spurs shot 48% against them & 36% from 3? You also seem to forget that the Spurs wing players are also good defenders and can also score unlike Memphis wing players who are primarily defenders. You also seem to be forgetting that SA have two bigs who can come in and pull Memphis' bigs from the paint (Diaw & Bonner) so how are they going to defend them? You want to see Arthur or Zach Randolph defending Boris Diaw or would you rather see them defending Danny Green. What I'm saying here is that the front court of the Spurs (Green, Leonard, Diaw & Bonner) cause serious match up problems against anyone.

bench is pretty good as well.

Who exactly? Pondexter and who? Bayless is shooting 36% Arthur is only getting 2 boards. Outside Arthur & Pondexter, nobody is even shooting 40% (guys in the actual rotation)

will guard Gasol and Randolph? Gassed TD?

Gassed TD versus a slow, plodding Randolph is just fine. It's not like the Grizzlies are the Warriors. They aren't trying to run all the time. They want to slow it down which is benefit to Duncan in the long haul. Plus he & the rest of the Spurs have time off to rest. It's not like this series is starting ASAP. Tiago Splitter was one of the better defensive & rebounding big men in the NBA this season (as was Duncan). Blair has the strength & height to guard Randolph off the bench (Randolph is only 6'9"), you will probably also see Aaron Baynes in there as well on Gasol.

Like I said in the prediction. The Spurs defense is not that far behind Memphis' for it to be such a great advantage for Memphis in this series. San Antonio can cause match up problems, moves the ball better offensively, shoots better & have already proven they can score AND shoot against Memphis during the regular season.

BlazersDozen
05-17-2013, 04:08 AM
The Grizzlies match up extremely well against the Spurs' Big 3.

- Current Gasol & Randolph vs Duncan, come on son (Splitter doesn't count), they clog the paint and Duncan either gets in foul trouble or will be a bit tentative defensively.

- If Tony Allen (and Prince) can make Durant go 10-27 and 5-21, what will he do to Ginobili?

- Conley fared well against CP3. Parker is a bit more crafty and faster, but I don't expect TP to go nuts on him.

The bench and role players favor the Spurs. Pointdexter and Bayless scare no one. Leonard, Green, Diaw on the other hand are crafty and shoot lights out from three if open.

If it comes down to defense, the Grizz will win 6. If the Spurs role players get hot, they win in 7.

How does Splitter not count when he was one of the better defensive bigs in the NBA this season?

Also, you know Ginobili is a role player now right? He hasn't played 30 minutes per game the past two years & is only taking 11 shots per game this post season.

dbugz
05-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Except, Mike Conley has been garbage on offense this post season. He's shooting 38/28 so even if he brings Parker's 48% shooting down to 42%, Parker will still be out playing Conley. Parker is no slouch on defense either & Conley's numbers have come come against Chris Paul who was crap defensively this post season and Reggie Jackson/Derek Fisher. Also, I know Parker hasn't seen a defender yet in the post season, which is why I do think his effectiveness will decrease, but he'll still out play Mike Conley. Tony Allen can't guard Tony Parker. If he sags off of Parker to make up for his speed then Parker can hit the mid rage jumper & lets not forget Parker did shoot 51% against Memphis in the regular season.

So why did these wing defenders not work during the regular season when the Spurs shot 48% against them & 36% from 3? You also seem to forget that the Spurs wing players are also good defenders and can also score unlike Memphis wing players who are primarily defenders. You also seem to be forgetting that SA have two bigs who can come in and pull Memphis' bigs from the paint (Diaw & Bonner) so how are they going to defend them? You want to see Arthur or Zach Randolph defending Boris Diaw or would you rather see them defending Danny Green. What I'm saying here is that the front court of the Spurs (Green, Leonard, Diaw & Bonner) cause serious match up problems against anyone.

Who exactly? Pondexter and who? Bayless is shooting 36% Arthur is only getting 2 boards. Outside Arthur & Pondexter, nobody is even shooting 40% (guys in the actual rotation)

Gassed TD versus a slow, plodding Randolph is just fine. It's not like the Grizzlies are the Warriors. They aren't trying to run all the time. They want to slow it down which is benefit to Duncan in the long haul. Plus he & the rest of the Spurs have time off to rest. It's not like this series is starting ASAP. Tiago Splitter was one of the better defensive & rebounding big men in the NBA this season (as was Duncan). Blair has the strength & height to guard Randolph off the bench (Randolph is only 6'9"), you will probably also see Aaron Baynes in there as well on Gasol.

Like I said in the prediction. The Spurs defense is not that far behind Memphis' for it to be such a great advantage for Memphis in this series. San Antonio can cause match up problems, moves the ball better offensively, shoots better & have already proven they can score AND shoot against Memphis during the regular season.

Stop acting like the Spurs sweep the Grizz in the regular season. :oldlol: I would have to agree with you if the Spurs win at least 3 but your basis way contradicts the result of their match up on the regular season :oldlol:

Memphis 95 - San Antonio 99

San Antonio 98 - Memphis 101

Memphis 82 - San Antonio 103

San Antonio 90 - Memphis 92

and 7 games series is way different from playing in a regular season.

Again, I didn't say that the Grizzlies is a sure win on this series(I said Grizz in 5 or 6, but that just me), I just said that the Grizz is a bad match up for Spurs.

Big#50
05-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Spurs in 6.

HarryCallahan
05-17-2013, 05:02 AM
Spurs in 5-6.

SMH at all these Grizz bandwagoners.

Nero Tulip
05-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I love Memphis, I respect the team but they're a great matchup for us. I'll bet on Spurs in 5.

SacJB Shady
05-17-2013, 06:55 AM
The Heat are winning the finals

Greg Oden 50
05-17-2013, 07:05 AM
The Heat are winning the finals

u ARE SO ANNOYED,GET OUT HERE

rmt
05-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Spurs in 6 or 7.

Jyap9675
05-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Don't care who wins. I'm happy for any of these two to face the Heat

K Xerxes
05-17-2013, 08:22 AM
This is an incredibly difficult matchup to make a prediction on. Memphis matchup well, but Spurs have Duncan and Splitter to somewhat neutralise Z-Bo and Gasol. I can see Parker struggling with Conley/Allen on him.

Definitely at least a 6 game series, probably 7. I'll give it to the Spurs based on HCA, but I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis wins. At all.

NauruDude
05-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Spurs gonna sweep the first 4, then the Grizzlies come roaring back win 3 in a row before they split the next two games, Spurs win in 9.

5-4

All Net
05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
This is an incredibly difficult matchup to make a prediction on. Memphis matchup well, but Spurs have Duncan and Splitter to somewhat neutralise Z-Bo and Gasol. I can see Parker struggling with Conley/Allen on him.

Definitely at least a 6 game series, probably 7. I'll give it to the Spurs based on HCA, but I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis wins. At all.

Really is one of those 50/50 series..

Think Leonard impact could be huge...he was huge in game 6 last night hitting key shots when they needed it to keep GS at bay.

andremiller07
05-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Its so even I think it might all come down to Manu and how effective he can be, everywhere else its a fairly even match up but the Grizz don't have anyone like Manu off the bench like the last time they beat the Grizz when they had Mayo.

Probs gonna be a sweet series I like both teams hard to say atm really hard but if Manu plays well Spurs in 6 if he does not Grizz in 6.

Clutch
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
It's such a hard series to predict a winner. Basically it's 50/50.

I'll go with Grizzlies in 6.

Crafty
05-17-2013, 09:33 AM
No way this ends in 5. I'm hoping for a 7 game series

treadster
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
this will be a fun series.

grizz in 7

grantz
05-17-2013, 10:28 AM
I have Grizlies in 7, taking game 5 in SA.

I don't have any fancy statistics or reasoning outside of Marc Gasol has just been amazing.

Seeing Duncan in the finals would be great to see too though.:rockon: :rockon:

Droid101
05-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Grizz in 6.

Road teams usually win in 6. I know that they already proved this wrong by winning in 5 in the previous series. But still.

nashwade
05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Memphis in 6

Though I would love to see Lebron meet Spurs in the Finals. It's pay back time. It's 4-0 or bust

ReturnofJPR
05-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Spurs in 6

I'm not sure Conley will be able to keep up with Parker. The jump in talent level and experience from the back ups the Thunder had at point, to Parker, will be a significant jump. Add in, Parker has Manu to keep the spacing and open up the floor for him to drive.

LONGTIME
05-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Spurs in 6.

Gotterdammerung
05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
If the Grizzlies control the pace of the game, consistently feed their bigs, and keep the scoreboard no higher than 90 ppg, and Z-Bo + Gasol the Younger dominate, they'll win.

Because the Spurs are good at either fast or slow pace, that they can match up with the Grizzlies in a low scoring game, and yet they're too intelligent, too disciplined to stay there, therefore, the Spurs will force the action, stretch the Grizzlies defense to its breaking point with 3 point bombers and relentlessly penetrate with Parker & Ginobili, they'll win.

Spurs in 6

:pimp:

jzek
05-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I hope the Spurs win because I think MEM has a legit shot at beating MIA in the Finals whereas the Spurs do not.

veilside23
05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
if Grizzlies takes 1 of the 2 games in SA .. this will be over in 5 or 6 games. Grizzlies

Anaximandro1
05-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Spurs are back to the NBA Finals

On paper the Spurs match up well against the Grizzlies: both teams are good at defense but the Spurs have more talent and experience.

SAS have won 6 of the last 8 against MEM because Parker/Duncan are better than Conley/Gasol (among other reasons)

1) MEM 82 - SAS 95 (Dec 26, 2011)

Parker 15/7/4/4 - Duncan 10/6/3/1

Conley 11/7/3/2 - Gasol 13/6/3/1

2) SAS 83 - MEM 73 (Jan 30, 2012)

Parker 5/12/5/2 - Duncan 14/6/4/2

Conley 15/3/2/0 - Gasol 7/12/0/1

3) SAS 89 - MEM 84 (Feb 6, 2012)

Parker 21/7/1/3 - Duncan 19/17/3/5

Conley 19/8/6/1 - Gasol 22/9/2/2

4) MEM 97 - SAS 107 (Apr 12, 2012)

Parker 13/9/1/2 - Duncan 28/12/0/2

Conley 11/4/5/1 - Gasol 14/10/3/1

5) MEM 95 - SAS 99 (Dec 1, 2012)

Parker 30/6/4/1 - Duncan 27/15/4/1

Conley 18/12/2/4 - Gasol 20/8/3/1

6) SAS 98 - MEM 101 (OT) (Jan 11, 2013)

Parker 30/5/1/0 - Duncan 13/15/4/3

Conley 21/5/2/2 - Gasol 10/6/2/3

7) MEM 83 - SAS 103 (Jan 16, 2013)

Parker 17/11/1/0 - Duncan 19/8/4/5

Conley 10/3/2/2 - Gasol 12/3/1/0

8) SAS 90 - MEM 92 (April 1, 2013)

Parker 25/4/2/0 - Duncan (DNP)

Conley 23/2/3/0 - Gasol 16/7/4/1

H2H

Parker 19.5 pt,7.6 as,2.4 rb,1.5 st

Conley 16.0 pt,5.5 as,3.1 rb,1.5 st

Duncan 18.6 pt,11.3 rb,3.1 as,2.7 blk

Gasol 14.0 pt,7.7 rb,2.0 as,1.3 blk

Kawhi (13.7 pt,8.4 rb,1.5 stl,0.5 blk FG 55.6%) is better than Prince and Manu does all the little things that help win games.

The only advantage the Grizzlies have in this series is Z-Bo,but I I think the Spurs are better equipped this time (Tiago/Boris)

Z-Bo against SAS this season

FG 5-21
FG 8-15
FG 4-11
FG 4-11

FG 21-58 (36.2%)

Jacks3
05-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Spurs in 6.

All Net
05-18-2013, 05:28 AM
spurs in 6. but this have to be one of tha worse western conference finals matchups of all time. Too damn dull and boring:facepalm

Think you will be next one out the door on here...

All Net
05-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Schedule added

AT9
05-18-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm going with Spurs in 6 or 7, barring any unforeseen injuries.

The predictions for this series remind me of a March Madness game. It's like the Spurs are a good 2 or 3 seed and the Grizz are the trendy 6 or 7 team to make a run.

Two years ago, the Grizz dominated the Spurs. But they're a much better team than they were two years ago, thanks largely to guys like Leonard, Green, and Splitter. Should be a great series between the two Western teams who have the best shot at knocking off Miami, IMO.

TMT
05-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Only 15 hours and 15 minutes until tip-off. Getting nervous, thinking about changing my prediction to Spurs in 7. :lol Still going to be a great matchup.

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 12:17 AM
San Antonio Sweepers are ready to take on their next opponents.

wordsRweapons
05-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Make a predictions thread for the finals, i wanna know who not to bet on.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Spurs gonna sweep the first 4

Naurustrodamous. :bowdown: