05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Hell yea. Congrats to LeGod

imnew09
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
ooh shyt Lebron won MVP?

you don't say...

jzek
05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Next year, even though LBJ is still the best player KD wil win the award because the voters will AGAIN be tired of giving it to LBJ almost every year. :facepalm

So it looks like KD next year and then LBJ again in 2015.

All Net
05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Question is did he get every first place vote?

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Question is did he get every first place vote?

Some dickhead probably put Durant at 1 or something

unbreakable
05-03-2013, 03:47 PM
only in the modern era can the best player on the most stacked team of all time win the mvp :facepalm:

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 03:49 PM
only in the modern era can the best player on the most stacked team of all time win the mvp :facepalm:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/206/961/KareemWorthyMagic_display_image.jpg?1313730490

r15mohd
05-03-2013, 03:50 PM

well the modern era dates back to the late 19th and 20th century doesnt it...so basically all of the ABA and NBA included hmmm :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Bill Russell has 5 of them and played with 6 Hall of Famers.

pauk
05-03-2013, 03:57 PM
4 of the last 5 MVPs.... and its not even close to over yet....

Mr. Incredible
05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Should just name the award after him at this point

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Should just name the award after him at this point
I don't think he'll match MJ in rings (and you can forget Russell there completely) but I think I'd bet money on him setting a new record for MVPs.

TheMarkMadsen
well the modern era dates back to the late 19th and 20th century doesnt it...so basically all of the ABA and NBA included hmmm :confusedshrug:

Brb going to watch some clips of 19th century ABA & NBA...

daj0264
undeservingly

pauk

Actually in any era its like that, especially in the older eras..... unfortunately everybody watch games (except you i guess) and can see what that player has to do in order for his team to win, it all unfortunately has to translate to team success.... if not then its just "empty stats"...

pauk
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
undeservingly

Hah!! Who deserved it more then? This will be very interesting.... Kobe right?

daj0264
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Hah!! Who deserved it more then? This will be very interesting....

without durant okc wouldnt even be a playoff team whereas miami would still win 50+ games

Psileas
05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Just 3 more to go and he passes Kareem and MJ's award totals.:applause:

Kareem's actually. MJ has 5.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Should be 5 straight.

Nash
05-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Next year, even though LBJ is still the best player KD wil win the award because the voters will AGAIN be tired of giving it to LBJ almost every year. :facepalm

No, they'll never justify it. As long as Miami have a better record they won't. If Lebron keeps shooting around 55% while keep up the 27/7/7 Durant won't win.

fpliii
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Damn, he's up there with Wilt and Dr. J in MVPs already...crazy stuff.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:08 PM
without durant okc wouldnt even be a playoff team whereas miami would still win 50+ games
They'd still have Westbrook. I'm not sure that's a playoff team because it's impossible to be sure but they'd be close. Besides, Miami was the best team in the league. How is a team supposed to be great if they don't surround their star with talent? It's not like OKC doesn't have a good roster. These critiques don't make sense.

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 04:10 PM
They'd still have Westbrook. I'm not sure that's a playoff team because it's impossible to be sure but they'd be close. Besides, Miami was the best team in the league. How is a team supposed to be great if they don't surround their star with talent? It's not like OKC doesn't have a good roster. These critiques don't make sense.

Typical ISH

pegasus
It took you 2 minutes to remember that your original post was lacking in Kobe-hate? You're slowing down. Is the rest of your body trying to catch up with your brain or what?

jzek
4 of the last 5 MVPs.... and its not even close to over yet....

LBJ won't win next year. Voters will give it to Durant. LBJ will get it again in 2015.

Fox
05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Inb4 butthurt LeBron haters.

daj0264
05-03-2013, 04:12 PM

kobe is worse than lebron

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
LBJ won't win next year. Voters will give it to Durant. LBJ will get it again in 2015.
I don't know man. I didn't think LeBron could get better than he was last season, but he somehow did. I'm not gonna assume he can't improve again.

Watch this dude shoot 62% next season and win DPOY and MVP. Dude is unreal.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Same reason he wins the ring this year: lack of competition, injuries, and other teams not being as stacked.

If durant got a team as stacked as lebron, he would easily get the MVP as well.

Fox
05-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Same reason he wins the ring this year: lack of competition, injuries, and other teams not being as stacked.

If durant got a team as stacked as lebron, he would easily get the MVP as well.http://i.imgur.com/Bh4CvHm.gif

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3vgk138j1qzihejo1_500.gif

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 04:19 PM

If you take Westbrook off of OKC and you take Wade of off MIami, and you don't replace either player, who's got the better team around their superstar?

fos
05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
More shocking than the story about Brittney Griner eating *****.

Rose'sACL
05-03-2013, 04:21 PM

If you take Westbrook off of OKC and you take Wade of off MIami, and you don't replace either player, who's got the better team around their superstar?

http://i.imgur.com/V8IM8zm.jpg

Teanett
oh shit. that means melo's gonna take 42 shots tonight :banghead: to prove a point.

pegasus
More shocking than the story about Brittney Griner eating *****.
Well, this is about Lebron's pu$sy being eaten by the media as usual, so it is less shocking.

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 04:22 PM

http://generatormeme.com/media/created/yt1rzw.jpg

Nash
05-03-2013, 04:23 PM

"Lack of competition" :roll: :roll:

First of all, there is lack of competition because Lebron is so much better than everyone else.

Second, Durant is averaging 28/8/4 while shooting 51%. At any other year he would be MVP.

Also, make up your mind. Sometimes you say Lebron shouldn't get it because he's in a stacked team and now you say being stacked wins you MVP?

You're losing the plot, rip.

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, this is about Lebron's pu$sy being eaten by the media as usual, so it is less shocking.
http://generatormeme.com/media/created/t7zb27.jpg

Rose'sACL
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
this one is funny.

HomieWeMajor
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
And the fanboys buss their nuts
Congrats to Lebron though

Crafty
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

DaSeba5
05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I came in here just to see all the upset people. The same people didn't disappoint.

http://stylealchemy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/kingofpopcorn1.gif

pegasus
05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
How would you feel if someone bumped that picture if/when Lebron got injured one of these days? You know it will eventually happen, right? What are you gonna do then? Jump on another bandwagon and get a new account?

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 04:33 PM
The best player of the remaining is Bosh but after him the next 3 or 4 are all Thunder. I'm not sure.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Chicago huh? Da fux are you doing on the internet? Shouldn't you be out murdering innocent children?

Mr Clutch Melo
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
:cheers:

pegasus
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Chicago huh? Da fux are you doing on the internet? Shouldn't you be out murdering innocent children?
So your ignorance has no boundaries, unlike Lebron's hairline.

Rose'sACL
05-03-2013, 04:41 PM
They also make pie and call it "pizza". pic related:
http://www.passion-4-pizza.com/images/chicago_pie.jpg

Nothing better than a slice of tomato pie with a side of gang violence

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2013, 04:42 PM
The best player of the remaining is Bosh but after him the next 3 or 4 are all Thunder. I'm not sure.

I agree with the best remaining player being Bosh, I'd say the the 2nd best remaining player is Ibaka..

From there i'd take Ray Allen over Kevin Martin, Chalmers over reggie Jackson, Battier over Thabo although it's close but IMO they cancel each other out defensively while Battier is the better shooter.

I'd say Perkins & Haslem are a toss up, even though Haslem isn't a player who will negatively impact your team while on the court, which sometimes happens to Perk if the other team is going small.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
They also make pie and call it "pizza". pic related:
http://www.passion-4-pizza.com/images/chicago_pie.jpg

Nothing better than a slice of tomato pie with a side of gang violence
http://www.hiphopmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1230-200x200.jpg

HEAT111
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Congrats to Lebron! Just two more to tie Kareem.

Burgz V2
05-03-2013, 05:00 PM

If you don't think he deserves the MVP because of how good his teammates are then Shaq, MJ, Duncan, Magic, Kareem, Bird should all give back their trophies I guess?

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're just a moron.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree with the best remaining player being Bosh, I'd say the the 2nd best remaining player is Ibaka..

From there i'd take Ray Allen over Kevin Martin, Chalmers over reggie Jackson, Battier over Thabo although it's close but IMO they cancel each other out defensively while Battier is the better shooter.

I'd say Perkins & Haslem are a toss up, even though Haslem isn't a player who will negatively impact your team while on the court, which sometimes happens to Perk if the other team is going small.
Ray Allen can't handle major minutes. I'd take him in the clutch over Martin but if he had to average 30 mpg he wouldn't last the whole year. Sefolosha actually has better stats than Battier (they are close though).

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
If you don't think he deserves the MVP because of how good his teammates are then Shaq, MJ, Duncan, Magic, Kareem, Bird should all give back their trophies I guess?

Like seriously...Kareem and Magic are both GOAT caliber players and they played TOGETHER lol.

There is literally nothing the haters can do to discredit LeBron's team.

EnoughSaid
05-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Congrats to the best player in the game today! Now in elite company and I honestly see him getting 2-3 more. Hopefully him and D-Wade put it together again and close out this title. :rockon:

#number6ix#
05-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Congrats to lebron... The king reigns supreme for another year!!!!!

hybridLB
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Breaking: Lebron James wins MVP for the year 2013/2014..

..and 2014/2015....

..and.....

you guys should be used to it by now.. :applause:

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Also, make up your mind. Sometimes you say Lebron shouldn't get it because he's in a stacked team and now you say being stacked wins you MVP?

You're losing the plot, rip.
What? those statements do not contradict, dumbass.
Lebron's going to get it because he's in a stacked team, yet he shouldn't be getting it.

Hard to understand? Like I said, give Durant a stacked team and he'll win it. The MVP is officially a team award. It is a media voted team award.

Basically, Lebron, congrats for being voted by the media for having the best team. :applause:

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Lebron's going to get it because he's in a stacked team, yet he shouldn't be getting it.

Hard to understand? Like I said, give Durant a stacked team and he'll win it. The MVP is officially a team award. It is a media voted team award.

Basically, Lebron, congrats for being voted by the media for having the best team. :applause:
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28099585.jpg

Sakkreth
05-03-2013, 05:26 PM
So many haters, be thankful that u can watch futures all-time top5 player.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-03-2013, 05:29 PM

I ask once again, why has this dumb ass not been banned?

LilEddyCurry
05-03-2013, 05:37 PM

So lets give it to the best player in the league ok? I wonder who that is :rolleyes:

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 05:39 PM

This guy is just grasping for straws at this point.

He's one of those guys who thought the Decision to join Wade and Bosh would put an end to everything.:oldlol:

LeBron is so great he transcends all of that bullshit. One day you will bow down and just accept what you are witnessing is great, till then keep making excuses clown.:cheers:

LikeABosh
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Lebron is also the best player, best stats, most valuable by any metric. Please tell me who you believe the MVP is and make a case for him. Did Lebron also only win those 2 MVPs in Cleveland because of how "stacked" his team was? :roll:

TheReal Kendall
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
The MVP is officially a joke award. Congrats Lebron!:cheers:

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I ask once again, why has this dumb ass not been banned?
This. If he was just biased, that would be ok, but he's not. He's just an idiot troll.

ripthekik
Lebron is also the best player, best stats, most valuable by any metric. Please tell me who you believe the MVP is and make a case for him. Did Lebron also only win those 2 MVPs in Cleveland because of how "stacked" his team was? :roll:
Before I answer you, put on a Lakers avatar. Then we'll talk.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292247

wakencdukest
I got no problem with it. Congratulations LeBron.

Unbiased_one
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Why does it make sense to ignore westbrook and wade?...as these playoffs have showed, westbrook makes a much bigger contribution nowadays that wade.

PJR
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Well deserved. Should be unanimous.

AlphaWolf24
05-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Best player on the best regular season team....

Just like in Cleveland...

duh!

LikeABosh
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Before I answer you, put on a Lakers avatar. Then we'll talk.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292247
Nope/ The guy rejected the bet because I was a "bum". Nice try dodging my question.

Unbiased_one
05-03-2013, 05:49 PM

lebron won last year on a second seed :confusedshrug:

(also kobe got mvp consideration on an 8th seed this year...despite not even beng clearly the best player on his team). Durant has shown that he's quite capable of getting knocked out of the playoffs first round without westbrook. Last year, he had 3 players all of whom are in the top 5 in the LEAGUE in win shares this season. That's stacked.

KG215
05-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Eh, that's debatable. Like you said, Bosh is better than Ibaka. After that, I'd say Ray is better than Martin, or at least his equal. Martin is wildly inconsistent and at least Ray can create and get his own shot off the bounce from time to time.

The Chalmers/Cole PG combo is probably a little better than Reggie/Fisher, although Fisher has been surprisingly good in the playoffs, and Reggie has done a pretty good job of filling in; or at least he's doing as well as one could reasonably expect.

Then, who, Battier and Thabo? I mean that's probably a push. Both can be somewhat inconsistent 3P shooters who provide great defense. I think Thabo is the better defender, so if they're both making 3's at the same rate, I'd probably take Thabo, but you could make a case for Battier.

Chris Anderson definitely gets the nod over Perkins (by a lot going by how he's playing in the playoffs), and I'd take Collison over Haslem.

Point being, after Durant/Ibaka and LeBron/Bosh, I'd probably take the Heat's 3-8 guys over OKC's. It's definitely arguable, but the Heat have better, more consistent shooters to spread the floor than the Thunder.

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Congrats, well deserved.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
real man wear green had to delete my thread which was backed with facts and logic again. :rolleyes:

Just want to discuss this. Basically the best player on the team with the best NBA record will win the MVP right? So what it is based on, is actually the best team. Therefore isn't it a team award?

Look at this example:
1) Best NBA player joined by sub-par role players: 5th seed
2) Top 2, 3, 4 NBA players joined one team: 1st seed with best record

So the MVP goes to that Top 2 player who got the best stats in the best team right?

So this award basically tells you who has the best stacked team in the regular season. So let me get this straight.. isn't it actually better to have less MVP and more rings... because that means you took an unstacked team to the championship?

The other way around.. lots of MVP's with no rings.. that means you had a stacked team but always chocked and never won in the playoffs.

Makes sense?

FACT: it is given to the best player on the best team.
I don't see how anyone can disagree with this. Therefore it is a team award.

Actually some of you including heat fans agreed with this statement in the thread that was just deleted by lebronfanmod. So I guess we're in agreement.

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM
real man wear green had to delete my thread which was backed with facts and logic again. :rolleyes:

Actually some of you including heat fans agreed with this statement in the thread that was just deleted by lebronfanmod. So I guess we're in agreement.

FACT: LeBron is the best player in the league by far

Unbiased_one
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM

FACT: you are an idiot.
I don't see how anyone can disagree with this. Therefore you are an idiot.

Theoo
05-03-2013, 06:01 PM

yah lerbron would not win to these award if the were just 4 or 6 seed so it is a small aprt a team awards is true. but mvp is still one bigge award to win to these league and he was obvious best to the season so it dont not matter

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:01 PM
FACT: LeBron is the best player in the league by far
Lebron james is the best player on the best team.

This i do not disagree with, and this is why he gets the mvp. It's a team award.

TylerOO
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM

This i do not disagree with, and this is why he gets the mvp. It's a team award.

Keep living in denial little guy

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:03 PM
yah lerbron would not win to these award if the were just 4 or 6 seed so it is a small aprt a team awards is true. but mvp is still one bigge award to win to these league and he was obvious best to the season so it dont not matter
Theoo you are right. If Lebron james played at his same level this year and ended up with 4th or 6th seed, would he get MVP? No.

The best player on the best team gets it instead.

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM

So Iverson had the best team in 2001 ? Nash in 2006 ?:rolleyes:

Or they change the criteria every year ?:oldlol:

Unbiased_one
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM

To be honest, lebron has in the past led pretty bad teams to the one seed, so it's not really a realistic scenario that he would be on a 4 or 6 seed. That's why he's mvp...

BBallZen83
05-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Come on rip, all you do is rip on lebron. Your name fits. Lebron is unquestionably the best in the league right now. You can argue with reality, but that won't change it's course. Other players from opposing teams have given him praise on numerous occasions this year, saying things like he is just on another level, and there is nothing you can do against him. If other players from other teams, who have a reason to be pissed, can begrudgingly give him his dues, why can't you??

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
So Iverson had the best team in 2001 ? Nash in 2006 ?:rolleyes:

Or they change the criteria every year ?:oldlol:
So why did they get it? You tell me then.

Is it because those players are of major importance to their team.. and if their team is missing that player, they will drop off tremendously?

If so.... tell me why Lebron's a MVP?

All Net
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Theoo you are right. If Lebron james played at his same level this year and ended up with 4th or 6th seed, would he get MVP? No.

The best player on the best team gets it instead.

Record is why Rose won it...his stats weren't as good as Lebron's. His team was a surprise story.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Come on rip, all you do is rip on lebron. Your name fits. Lebron is unquestionably the best in the league right now. You can argue with reality, but that won't change it's course. Other players from opposing teams have given him praise on numerous occasions this year, saying things like he is just on another level, and there is nothing you can do against him. If other players from other teams, who have a reason to be pissed, can begrudgingly give him his dues, why can't you??
Of course. I am congratulating him.

Congrats Lebron.

There ya go.
I was just clearing up the fact about the MVP. I think it's pretty clear that MOST of the time, it goes to the best player on the best team. OTHER times, it goes to the most valuable player who, if taken off the team, will affect the team negatively in a huge way.

I think I just summed up the MVP award pretty well.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Record is why Rose won it...his stats weren't as good as Lebron's. His team was a surprise story.
Yes. So team + record does play a HUGE role in the MVP award. I think people are starting to see this more clearly now?

MOST of the time = best player on best team = team award
Other times = most valuable to team = valuable player award

#number6ix#
05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Lebron the best player in the league and his team is the best because he's on the team=MVP

BBallZen83
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Of course. I am congratulating him.

Congrats Lebron.

There ya go.
I was just clearing up the fact about the MVP. I think it's pretty clear that MOST of the time, it goes to the best player on the best team. OTHER times, it goes to the most valuable player who, if taken off the team, will affect the team negatively in a huge way.

I think I just summed up the MVP award pretty well.
It's the leauge MVP, it goes to the best player in the league. Now if the best player in the league plays on a shit team that doesnt make the playoffs, then yeah they will give it to a player on a higher seeded team. But how often does an mvp player play on an absolute shit team? If Durant had a better season or parker, they would have gotten it, but they didnt. Lebron was the best player this year whether he was in the one seed or the 4th or 5th.

Unbiased_one

Is it because those players are of major importance to their team.. and if their team is missing that player, they will drop off tremendously?

DO you think the jordan never should have won an mvp because his team won 55 games and damn near made the finals without him?

Tell me something...how many wins do you think the heat would get if lebron had missed the entire season due to injury?

Some points to consider: Wade is obviously capable of leading a good team. Bost is also pretty good. The heat have lots of good role players.

Others: Who knows whether wade's body could hold up? Could bosh and the role players still make shots without all the open looks lebron makes? They are a very old team and some old guys would have to play major minutes. Lebron is historically great player at both ends.

chosen_wun

Well those guys turn playoff teams into contenders, LeBron turns contenders into title favorites/locks.

Same theory, except LeBron's standard is greater.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
It's the leauge MVP, it goes to the best player in the league. Now if the best player in the league plays on a shit team that doesnt make the playoffs, then yeah they will give it to a player on a higher seeded team. But how often does an mvp player play on an absolute shit team? If Durant had a better season or parker, they would have gotten it, but they didnt. Lebron was the best player this year whether he was in the one seed or the 4th or 5th.
Do you think Lebron would have gotten it as a 5th seed? I think absolutely no chance.. even if he plays at his current level. They would've given it to Durant if he puts up the same numbers, and has either 1/2 seed right?

Noob Saibot
05-03-2013, 06:15 PM
In the wise words of Raiden. LeBron is the "Chosen One"

Unbiased_one
05-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Do you think Lebron would have gotten it as a 5th seed? I think absolutely no chance.. even if he plays at his current level. They would've given it to Durant if he puts up the same numbers, and has either 1/2 seed right?

kind of the point is is that if lebron plays at this level his team will get a high seed no matter who his teammates are. He showed that in cleveland.

All Net
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Yes. So team + record does play a HUGE role in the MVP award. I think people are starting to see this more clearly now?

MOST of the time = best player on best team = team award
Other times = most valuable to team = valuable player award

Of course it is but different voters have different reasons. Record is a must in winning it no matter what...there's a reason Kobe was never considered the year he averaged 35 a game.

hawke812
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Does he have a post game yet?

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
kind of the point is is that if lebron plays at this level his team will get a high seed no matter who his teammates are. He showed that in cleveland.
I agree with that, here I'm not arguing Lebron. I'm arguing MVP.

If the best player, say Lebron, did what he did this year on a 5th seed team (imagine a team without Wade and Bosh, and major injuries). Would he get MVP over Durant, who did not play as well as Lebron, but still got 1/2 seed?

No right? So you see the point? It's pretty clear, the MVP factors in TEAM ahead of anything else.

On some rare years, it goes for the valuable player- AI, Nash etc. But most of the time it is team-first.

BBallZen83
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I dont know man... The reality is if you watch him play, he is just the best right now. He affects the game in every way. You seem like a reasonable dude with some of the things you say. Like people were giving Jordan crap the other day for getting married, and you made a point that he is older and probably wants to settle down and find true love. Totally reasonable post, and shows that you seem like a reasonable, good person in most respects. But then you have this hatred of Lebron, that borders on obbsession. I don't get it. Just enjoy his game while he plays. It makes watching the sport more fun if you do.

ripthekik
05-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I dont know man... The reality is if you watch him play, he is just the best right now. He affects the game in every way. You seem like a reasonable dude with some of the things you say. Like people were giving Jordan crap the other day for getting married, and you made a point that he is older and probably wants to settle down and find true love. Totally reasonable post, and shows that you seem like a reasonable, good person in most respects. But then you have this hatred of Lebron, that borders on obbsession. I don't get it. Just enjoy his game while he plays. It makes watching the sport more fun if you do.
:cheers:
I do agree Lebron is the number 1 player in the league right now. Have always said that. In this thread I was just talking about the MVP, its definitions and criteria. How it puts more importance on team than anything else - even possibly above best player. I thought it was interesting and put it forward in a thread about MVP, but of course i'll get attacked.

Lebron23
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

d.bball.guy
05-03-2013, 06:49 PM
:eek: Only idiots would have thought he would win.

chosen_wun
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Wilt Chamberlain has..

2 rings

4 MVPs

hmmmm...

hawke812
05-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Wilt Chamberlain has..

2 rings

4 MVPs

hmmmm...

And a post game.

Soundwave
05-03-2013, 07:14 PM
http://generatormeme.com/media/created/yt1rzw.jpg

LeBronbe

Solefade
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
This. If he was just biased, that would be ok, but he's not. He's just an idiot troll.

Can we start a petition for this?

leMVP
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Solefade
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Eh, that's debatable. Like you said, Bosh is better than Ibaka. After that, I'd say Ray is better than Martin, or at least his equal. Martin is wildly inconsistent and at least Ray can create and get his own shot off the bounce from time to time.

The Chalmers/Cole PG combo is probably a little better than Reggie/Fisher, although Fisher has been surprisingly good in the playoffs, and Reggie has done a pretty good job of filling in; or at least he's doing as well as one could reasonably expect.

Then, who, Battier and Thabo? I mean that's probably a push. Both can be somewhat inconsistent 3P shooters who provide great defense. I think Thabo is the better defender, so if they're both making 3's at the same rate, I'd probably take Thabo, but you could make a case for Battier.

Chris Anderson definitely gets the nod over Perkins (by a lot going by how he's playing in the playoffs), and I'd take Collison over Haslem.

Point being, after Durant/Ibaka and LeBron/Bosh, I'd probably take the Heat's 3-8 guys over OKC's. It's definitely arguable, but the Heat have better, more consistent shooters to spread the floor than the Thunder.

Good post but the Thunder core have been together for much longer, no one would have said that the Heat had a better squad than them last year, especially with Bosh out of the playoffs and Wade hurt for basically the entire playoffs. LeBron's championship run last year should have silenced all of his critics but haters are still transcending bullshit to try to discredit him.

Solefade
05-03-2013, 07:28 PM

There's no set criteria for MVP, sometimes it's the best player on the best team, sometimes it's not. The point is, who has played better individually than LeBron while getting the W's this season?

Ripthekik GTFO already. You get flamed literally everyday.

BlackVVaves
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM

:facepalm Shaq? Shaq had Kobe and then perennial role players, at BEST.

Did you just call the 2002 and 2003 Spurs stacked?!!:roll:

Good god, some of you really don't try to hide that you didn't watch basketball pre-2003.

alenleomessi
05-03-2013, 07:47 PM
congrats to the 2nd greatest player ever :rockon:

enjoy him while you can :bowdown:

BlackVVaves
05-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Oh yea, congrats Lebron. Well deserved.

Rip, through your incoherent jargon, there's a small, insignificant portion of what you're saying that I agree with. Problem is, you've got the wrong year buddy. The whole media propaganda thing would apply to 2001 (Shaq), 2006 (Kobe), 2011 (Dwight or Wade), and a few years in the 90s where voter fatigue prevented MJ from walking away with more MVPs.

Those in parenthesis are the players who should have won MVP because they were individually the best player in the league, independent of record, season storyline, or media driven assessments.

But this year? Yeah, ESPN has Lebron's ******* filling the insides of their jaw, but so what? That doesn't change the fact that he's the best player in the league. All your points about stacked team or KD this or that is trivial because, right now this very second, Lebron is a better player than KD. And, that can't even be disputed after this season.

Sorry, chap.

Solefade
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
:facepalm Shaq? Shaq had Kobe and then perennial role players, at BEST.

Did you just call the 2002 and 2003 Spurs stacked?!!:roll:

Good god, some of you really don't try to hide that you didn't watch basketball pre-2003.

Are you discrediting Big shot bob, D. Fish, Rick Fox, and B. Shaw?

Yes these guys were role players but they were very good ones and they were all clutch as hell.

NASH = BEST
05-03-2013, 07:57 PM
This was no surprise, personally I don't understand what the criteria is to winning this award.

Is it a "Best player of the year" award, or "Most valuable player to their team" award?

LeBron def wins it for being the best player on the planet, but the best player hasn't always won it.

I also think that the Thunder are worse off without Durant than the Heat are without LeBron, so does that make Durant more valuable than LeBron?

I guess its just a media award so no logic is used when voting.

NumberSix
05-03-2013, 08:00 PM
This was no surprise, personally I don't understand what the criteria is to winning this award.

Is it a "Best player of the year" award, or "Most valuable player to their team" award?

LeBron def wins it for being the best player on the planet, but the best player hasn't always won it.

I also think that the Thunder are worse off without Durant than the Heat are without LeBron, so does that make Durant more valuable than LeBron?

I guess its just a media award so no logic is used when voting.
It's not an award for who's the most valuable on the thunder. It's who's the most valuable player in the entire NBA.

chosen_one6
05-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Only 5 players in the history of the NBA have won at least 4 MVP's...

MJ, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, and now LeBron.

Let's stop being trolls and realize that LeBron is going to go down as one of the top 10 greatest of all time RIGHT NOW and with a couple more rings will be top 5.

NASH = BEST
05-03-2013, 08:12 PM
It's not an award for who's the most valuable on the thunder. It's who's the most valuable player in the entire NBA.

What makes LeBron the most valuable player in the entire NBA, how do you measure that, through stats?

Having superior stats could be do to having a superior team around you, so I don't agree with it if its just cause of stats.

No doubt LeBron is the best player on the face of the earth, but was he of more value to the Heat than Durant was to the Thunder?

Hoopz2332
05-03-2013, 08:14 PM

:oldlol:

Bandito
05-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Yes these guys were role players but they were very good ones and they were all clutch as hell.
Why are most april 2013 members morons? For the exception of Rick Fox for his years before he became a Laker most of those people were considered scrubs by everyone. They could play a role and that was it. They were not even Heat role players good. Horry is not even close to how good Allen is. Fish does not compare to how good Chalmers is. And Rick Fox is as good as Battier is right now except Battier has a btter 3 point shot.:facepalm

Hoopz2332
05-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Fish does not compare to how good Chalmers is. And Rick Fox is as good as Battier is right now except Battier has a btter 3 point shot.:facepalm

Fisher is one of the clutchest playoff performers ever. Do you realize how many times he saved the Lakers?:coleman:

BlackVVaves
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM

If having role players makes you a "stacked team," then this league's been riddled with stacked teams, year after year, for 90% of teams.

The '87 Lakers were stacked. The '08 Celtics were stacked. The 2000 Lakers were not stacked. They had two very dominant players who wrecked havoc on the league and an array of role players who hit very important shots in the playoffs. But, they were not stacked.

maybeshewill13
05-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I thought this happened already? :confusedshrug:

Bandito
05-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Fisher is one of the clutchest playoff performers ever. Do you realize how many times he saved the Lakers?:coleman:
How many times did he now?

Did you know the Lakers were knows for the opposite teams pg to have career nights on them? Why do you think that was? Derek ****ing Fisher that's who. That I remember he only had that Spurs .04 shot and the Magic two clutch shots. What else did he do except give an a red carpet welcome to the hoop to Tony Parker in that same series he made that miracle shot? If it wasn't because of him maybe tey wouldn't be in that hole to begin with.:facepalm

I am not hating on the guy but don't compare him to Ray Allen or Battier or even Chalmers for christ sakes.

willds09
05-03-2013, 11:54 PM
tha NBA is a joke... kobe has 1 mvp but lebron 4 which is tied up with mj??????? mj deserved his 6 rings, kobe deserved his 5 rings while lebron was given 1 ring. Something dont add up:facepalm

whippyAU
05-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Congrats to Lelbron, truly one of a kind :applause:

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 12:13 AM
What a massive denial by ripthekik in this thread. I am not going to act like I wasn't expecting it. And of course he gets ethered hard:roll:

Congrats to LeBron, more than well deserved. Should be unanimous.

tazb
05-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Well deserved. 4th MVP in 5 years. Joins elite company with Chamberlain, Jordan, Kareem & Russell. :eek:

willds09
05-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Well deserved. 4th MVP in 5 years. Joins elite company with Chamberlain, Jordan, Kareem & Russell. :eek:
Lebum has 1 given ring while everybody else deserves theirs tho:rolleyes:

DuMa
05-04-2013, 12:25 AM
mmm derrick rose MVP sandwich.

tazb
05-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Lebum has 1 given ring while everybody else deserves theirs tho:rolleyes:

LeBron's career is just getting started though.

LongLiveTheKing
05-04-2013, 12:30 AM
http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/221.gif

Go Heat!

deja vu
05-04-2013, 12:38 AM
He can win as many MVPs as he wants. People will still think of him as a loser and choker who dumped his team to connive with two other superstars in an effort to chase the ring. :lol

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 12:46 AM
He can win as many MVPs as he wants. People will still think of him as a loser and choker who dumped his team to connive with two other superstars in an effort to chase the ring. :lol

http://www.imgur.com/hpR6iGQ.jpeg

plowking
05-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Coming from someone who hated Lebron when he was on the Cavs; its good to have him on our team. Slowly became my favorite player in the league along with Wade. He truly is the MVP and no one else was close this year.

willds09
05-04-2013, 12:58 AM
LeBron's career is just getting started though.
lets see if he will get 5, or should i say his 2nd:rolleyes:

Hoopz2332
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/158389/lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Most Valuable *******

well deserved :applause:

tazb
05-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Most Valuable *******

Kareem is a 6x Most Valuable *******? Jordan 5 time? Not bad.

wfb
05-04-2013, 01:33 AM
A lot of butthurt trolls in this thread. :oldlol:

Kudos Lebron, well deserved. :applause:

JtotheIzzo
05-04-2013, 01:33 AM

If he maintains this kind of efficiency in an era of volume shooters, he will win until he takes a step back.

The writers recognize greatness, and this LeBron season was one of the greatest ever, by anyone.

Yeah, I said it.

Leftimage
05-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Most Valuable *******

ooo... more rated R than your usual posts :oldlol: I see you save the harsher style for major announcements.

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Most Valuable *******

Now I get why you always say that Kobe should've won more:rockon:

ILLsmak
05-04-2013, 01:46 AM
early in the year, I couldn't believe it, but once they went on that streak, it was like oh well, gg.

Winning 66 games is pretty huge while putting up stats like he did. Amazing he's won so many MVPs lately. Just by MVPs he has to be looked at as a GOAT candidate.

-Smak

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Most Valuable *******

True story:roll:

TonyMontana
05-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Notice how the only people that oppose LeBron winning this are the most pathetic of the Kobe stans?(ripthekik,mr jabbar, mark madsen,etc.) The jealousy in their posts is great.

LeBron is by far the best player in the league. His team is by far the best in the league. The Miami Heat are the most relevant in the league because of LeBron. Take LeBron off of that team and put him ANYWHERE else and that team will automatically become the most relevant team in the league just because they have LeBron. He is that good.

ripthekik was already exposed as a 5'10 170 pound asian in another thread so I don't get why people actually entertain his pathetic statements . :oldlol:

Hoopz2332
05-04-2013, 02:12 AM
ripthekik was already exposed as a 5'10 170 pound asian in another thread so I don't get why people actually entertain his pathetic statements . :oldlol:

:roll:

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 02:16 AM
ripthekik was already exposed as a 5'10 170 pound gay asian in another thread so I don't get why people actually entertain his pathetic statements . :oldlol:
fixed

uoykcuf
05-04-2013, 02:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EX98o.gif

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:24 AM
what a bunch of jason collinses:facepalm

Graviton
05-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Well deserved, coulda won DPOY as well if he didn't coast so much early in the season and had Heat not ended up as a mid tier defensive team.

COnDEMnED
05-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Congrats Lebron, one more to tie Bill, I'd like to see that happen.:cheers:

arifgokcen
05-04-2013, 03:02 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jchu
05-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Its really this simple, most if not all the other 29 teams would kill to get lbj on their team.

strifed169
05-04-2013, 05:35 AM

literally :lol d

Can't wait to see the world's best player back in action in the 2nd round soon

walaladun
05-04-2013, 05:39 AM
well deserved

Andrei89
05-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Best player in the NBA

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

xoracle55
05-04-2013, 07:02 AM
What an amazing season for Lebron, you are history in the making! Congrats MVP! and you managed to do it while coasting :lol You made it look so easy! Heads and shoulders above the rests. Ripthekik and Mr Jabbar, eat your heart out! On the other hand I don't blame these Kobe Stan's for acting the way they do, they are really dying of jealousy. If Kobe can aknowledge Lebron's greatness so can you guys..

mikek85
05-04-2013, 08:06 AM
LeGawd :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Like for example if the Blazers had the best record (69-13) in Regular Season and their Best Player is Lillard while the Heat with 44-38 Record. Would you give award it to Lillard or Lebron? It's stupid to give it to LeBron right? if that's the scenario.

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Source?

Rik Smits' Hair
05-04-2013, 09:02 AM
So much butthurt in this thread.

2010splash
05-04-2013, 09:05 AM
LeBron is the second best player ever who had one of the top 2-3 greatest seasons ever on one of the greatest teams ever. Should have been a landslide unanimous decision. Easy pick.

A lot of people complain about "inconsistencies" in the criteria for MVP voting, but the reality is this year's decision is consistent with history. Any time a player has had a season this dominant (and it's only been like once or twice), they won the award by a landslide. Basically only Jordan was this good. It's not just the "best player on the best team". That was Kobe winning it in 2008 when there were better individual players but none of them had a better record because they were on worse teams. What LeBron did this season is all-time stuff. No one in the league is even close to him. It's frightening.

coin24
05-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Most valuable bullshit. If Lebron sat on the bench the heat still win 60 games and advance to the finals.
No melo, Knicks are shit
No Kobe, well we saw what happened there...

Lebron should not ever be considered for MVP because he chose the easy way out, piggybacking his way to a title..

retaxis
05-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Most valuable bullshit. If Lebron sat on the bench the heat still win 60 games and advance to the finals.
No melo, Knicks are shit

Lebron should not ever be considered for MVP because he chose the easy way out, piggybacking his way to a title..
Between kobe getting his achilles ripped off, Lakers getting swept and Miami and Lebron at the top of the world you must be like this::cry: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :banghead: :cry:

2010splash
05-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Kobe?:roll: Dude's team got swept in the first round and won a pathetic 45 games despite having 3 future HOFers.

Carmelo? Hahahaha. The 2.8 apg averaging Carmelo over the walking triple double with a 31.7 PER and a 57 FG% who won 66 games and went 37-2 to close out the season. LOL!:oldlol: :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
No melo, Knicks are shit

Man, just STFU. Why are Kobe stans so insecure?

BlazersDozen
05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
How does LeBron not deserve this?

He led his team to the best record in the NBA. Also, no the Heat are NOT a 50 win team without LeBron. Wade is reaching the end of his prime, Bosh can't carry a team and you have a bunch of shooters around Wade alone isn't enough to have the entire defense collapse on the paint to get these shooters open. The offense would suffer a lot and I won't even get started on the defense.

LeBron
26.8PPG
56.5% FG%
40.6% 3PT%
8.0RPG
7.3APG
1.7SPG
0.9BPG

Durant
28.1PPG
51% FG%
41.6% 3PT%
7.9RPG
4.6APG
1.4SPG
1.3BPG

Also, Durant averages more turnovers per game while averaging nearly 3 less assists per game

People really just hate LeBron...

All Net
05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Man, just STFU. Why are Kobe stans so insecure?

It's embarrassing for laker fans...

HoopsFanNumero1
05-04-2013, 09:35 AM
It's embarrassing for laker fans...

It's all good. I don't really consider them to be Lakers fans.

coin24
05-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Bullshit the heat aren't a 50 win team without lebron:lol :facepalm
Also, what does the lakers getting swept have to do with Kobe? He was injured, hence why he's so valuable to the team..

Trollsmasher
05-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Bullshit the heat aren't a 50 win team without lebron:lol :facepalm
Also, what does the lakers getting swept have to do with Kobe? He was injured, hence why he's so valuable to the team..
Lakers would lose in 3 if Kobe was healthy:facepalm

Luckily, he b*tched out and let them lose with at least some dignity.

coin24
05-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Lose in 3? Nice work genius.:applause:
Bitched out? The man gave his all to will the lakers into the playoffs. I'm guessing your a bron stan, a man who rides a stacked team that would win without him...

LEFT4DEAD
05-04-2013, 09:54 AM
This is one of the most deserving MVPs of all time. Head and shoulders above the rest. Congrats.

oh the horror
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

At this point trolls here aren't event comical anymore.

willds09
05-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Take melo off knicks they would be tha bucks, take kobe off tha lakers they would be a lottery team, take paul off clippers off they would be a lottery team, take durant off tha thunder and they would barely make tha playoffs, take lebron off tha heat and they would still be better than tha pacers, I rest my damn case.:no: mr. overrated won again

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Take melo off knicks they would be tha bucks, take kobe off they would be a lottery team, take paul off clippers off they would be a lottery team, take durant off tha thunder and they would barely make tha playoffs, take lebron off tha heat and they would still be better than tha pacers, I rest my damn case.:no: mr. overrated won again

Last year Bosh got injured, Pacers were favored to win the series.. Does it mean Bosh is more Valuable than Lebron?

ripthekik
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Source?
there is no source. the guy just threw that out there blindly and the random kids who follow me around laugh like sheep.

i guess it's because the things i say about lebron hurt them badly :(

btw, to the guy that put the example of blazers 60+ wins, heat 5th seed, then yes Lillard should be mvp.

coin24
05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Last year Bosh got injured, Pacers were favored to win the series.. Does it mean Bosh is more Valuable than Lebron?

We're talking about this season:facepalm

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
there is no source. the guy just threw that out there blindly and the random kids who follow me around laugh like sheep.

i guess it's because the things i say about lebron hurt them badly :(

btw, to the guy that put the example of blazers 60+ wins, heat 5th seed, then yes Lillard should be mvp.

So do you agree that Lebron is the MVP? Because he's the best player of the Best Team in terms of Regular season record. Stacked or not, they are the best team.

willds09
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Man stop dem lies, nobody had tha pacers over tha heat, people had tha heat winning ever since rose went down, and that was tha first round:facepalm

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 10:15 AM
We're talking about this season:facepalm

What's the difference? :confusedshrug:

ripthekik
05-04-2013, 10:15 AM
So do you agree that Lebron is the MVP? Because he's the best player of the Best Team in terms of Regular season record. Stacked or not, they are the best team.
yes, earlier I was just discussing the concept of MVP.

It is the best player on the best team. It seems you agree with me too?
I dont know why lebron fans are so offended with this true statement.

LikeABosh
05-04-2013, 10:16 AM
If you don't think Lebron is the MVP, say who you think should have won it and make a case for him. /thread

ripthekik
05-04-2013, 10:18 AM
If you don't think Lebron is the MVP, say who you think should have won it and make a case for him. /thread
stop dodging and own up to your avatar bet. put up a lakers avatar, biiitch.

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Best team record, best player, best stats, best individual season, wouldn't pass second round or ECF without him :confusedshrug:

What's so hard to understand haters?

And if Heat didnt have LeBron, he would probably win MVP on another team with possibly the #1 seed.

Simple as that. Haters...no need to be mad.

coin24
05-04-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm not arguing that Lebron isn't the best player currently in the game(kobes injured after all) you Lebron lovers in your blind circle jerk are missing the point.
The award is for most valuable.
Other players are more valuable to there teams success, hence why the hands down best player in the league rarely wins the award..

Nobody can say the heat wouldn't win, say 55 games without Lebron.
To me, he chose the easiest path in history to titles, so that should factor into this...

Real Men Wear Green
05-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Wade missed 13 games this season. I don't see what basis you have for saying they would. In reality we don't know the exact number of games they win without James but we know that with him and mostly thanks to him they were the best team in the NBA.

pauk
05-04-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm not arguing that Lebron isn't the best player currently in the game(kobes injured after all) you Lebron lovers in your blind circle jerk are missing the point.
The award is for most valuable.
Other players are more valuable to there teams success, hence why the hands down best player in the league rarely wins the award..

To me, he chose the easiest path in history to titles, so that should factor into this...

Other players may be more valuable to their teams success in terms of role, in terms of talent to scrub ratio, but what type of team success are we talking about here? Get it? Because no other player on this planet causes more team success than Lebron.... especially this season, there is literally half of those games Heat won Lebron (the very unclutch guy) has closed out teams with 15-20 point games in 4th or hitting 3 gamewinning shots (led the league) and 4 gamewinning assists (led the league) and 2 gametying shots............. he orchestrates everything offensively, without him they aint going anywhere.... HE is the reason to his teams success..... and what type of success is it? The best in the league, franchise best and were on course to break the most wins in a row with 27..... not to mention what he does also defensively and he doesnt do it only individually, he orchestrates & anchors the team defense very vocally and intelligently....

THATS the MVP....

...one more thing, this "stacked" team without Lebron contains of a 15-7 averaging soft undersized zero-defense "Center" who cant even lead his own team in rebounds (Lebron did, surprise) and a very injury proned / out of prime Wade.... they could maybe win 55 games but they could not have the best record in the NBA and they aint getting anywhere near the Finals without Lebron, better yet win the championship....

willds09
05-04-2013, 10:38 AM
What's the difference? :confusedshrug:
you are so blind itz sad:facepalm

willds09
05-04-2013, 10:40 AM
we just did, but ur in denial:rolleyes:

PJR
05-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I really don't like to rationalize with obvious morons. But hey, why not?

If you think the best way to measure a player's MVP worthiness is by estimating how awful the team would be without him, you really don't have a clue. How this bizarre idea has come about, I don't know.

The precedent has been set with this award. And in most circumstances, the award has been given to a player who's had individual brilliance + team success. LeBron easily had the best all around season according he numbers. His impact is pretty much undeniable. His numbers are easily the most impressive, with only Durant worthy of being in the discussion. He either scored or assisted on 43% of the Heat's points. That's the highest among any player. He was also the leading rebounder for his team. Add on the fact that the Heat had the best record in the league, including the longest winning streak ever post NBA/ABA merger, and there you ago.

LeBron epitomized "Most Valuable Player", this season. Again. And you hating ass suckas are just going to have to deal with it.

Good day.

tpols
05-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I really don't like to rationalize with obvious morons. But hey, why not?

If you think the best way to measure a player's MVP worthiness is by estimating how awful the team would be without him, you really don't have a clue. How this bizarre idea has come about, I don't know.

The precedent for the award has flipped back and forth over time.. It hasnt been the best player in the world to win it every year. Look at..

Allen Iverson? Is he better than prime Shaq? Nope.. but he added more wins to his team probably because they relied solely on him for offense.

Is Derrick Rose better than Lebron James? Because he won an MVP over him for the exact reasons you state you cannot win MVP for.

Is Steve Nash better than peak Kobe? Dirk better than peak Kobe? Nope.. but their teams overachieved and won 60+ games so they were given the award based on the whose most valuable to their own individual team precedant.

This year there was no 'story'.. no underdog superstar exceeding expectations. So they just gave it to the best player in the league.. its that simple.

coin24
05-04-2013, 10:59 AM
The precedent for the award has flipped back and forth over time.. It hasnt been the best player in the world to win it every year. Look at..

Allen Iverson? Is he better than prime Shaq? Nope.. but he added more wins to his team probably because they relied solely on him for offense.

Is Derrick Rose better than Lebron James? Because he won an MVP over him for the exact reasons you state you cannot win MVP for.

Is Steve Nash better than peak Kobe? Dirk better than peak Kobe? Nope.. but their teams overachieved and won 60+ games so they were given the award based on the whose most valuable to their own individual team precedant.

This year there was no 'story'.. no underdog superstar exceeding expectations. So they just gave it to the best player in the league.. its that simple.

This..Thank you:applause:

Most of these Lebron lovers weren't watching ball before the decision so you can't expect them to know these facts:facepalm

tpols
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
This..Thank you:applause:

Most of these Lebron lovers weren't watching ball before the decision so you can't expect them to know these facts:facepalm
But Lebron still deserved the MVP.

To beat him somebody wouldve had to lead a team that was predicted middle of the pack to at least a 2 seed. You basically needed a Derrick Rose type situation to happen.. Maybe if Melo had led NY past the Heat but he wasnt even close lol. There was no chance of bron losing from the start really.

LuigiChambles
05-04-2013, 11:09 AM

To beat him somebody wouldve had to lead a team that was predicted middle of the pack to at least a 2 seed. You basically needed a Derrick Rose type situation to happen.. Maybe if Melo had led NY past the Heat but he wasnt even close lol. There was no chance of bron losing from the start really.

THIS..

I have never questioned the MVP awards of DRose, Kobe, Nash etc because they deserved it.

I love how neutral you are Sir Tpols. :applause:

PJR
05-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Iverson, Nash, and Rose all fit in with the precedent that has been set. :confusedshrug:

So you aren't making much of a case listing them. They all may have had the feel good narratives in their favor(especially Nash), to push them over the top over another worthy candidate, but they still fit in with the criteria and precedent.

Individual brilliance + team success. That has been the set precedent in the eyes of the media who hold ballots.

willds09
05-04-2013, 11:20 AM

but thats sad, compare knicks injuries toward heat injuries, big difference, knicks havent been number 2 since tha damn 90s, lebron got mvp again because he's tha most popular, admit it:facepalm

tpols
05-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Iverson, Nash, and Rose all fit in with the precedent that has been set. :confusedshrug:

So you aren't making much of a case listing them. They all may had the feel good narratives in their favor(especially Nash), to push them over the top over another worthy candidate, but they still fit in with the criteria and precedent.

Individual brilliance + team success. That has been the set precedent in the eyes of the media who hold ballots.
Oh I thought you were saying the best player always wins it.. moving along then.

Inactive
05-04-2013, 11:40 AM
They won the equivalent of 57 last year, and 58 the year before that. With Wade aging, and constantly injured, it would basically be the Miami Raptors half the season. Unless we're assuming Lebron was replaced with an All-Star caliber player, I don't see Miami doing that well without him.

#number6ix#
05-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Lebron is the best player in the league and the heat are the best team because of him=MVP

FreezingTsmoove
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
tha NBA is a joke... kobe has 1 mvp but lebron 4 which is tied up with mj??????? mj deserved his 6 rings, kobe deserved his 5 rings while lebron was given 1 ring. Something dont add up:facepalm

2 things

2002 WCF (talk about deserved his 5 :lol )

and Jordan has 5 MVPs, what are you 8 yrs old?

Asiantastic
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
The guy deserves it. He was clearly the best player in the league.

retaxis
05-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Think he can make a run for another few MVPS?

Le Shaqtus
05-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Voter fatigue has to kick in at some point, dude is winning them like every year. Not that he doesn't deserve them but at this point its a popularity contest.

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM

I think so only if he puts up similar numbers and continues to improve. There's the 'voters fatigue' and then also players like Durant and others can still improve. LeBron did say he wants to aim for his free throw shooting to be in the 80s. If that happens, that could be another 2ppg at least and end up 28-29ppg. He could win MVP + scoring title? Who knows

LikeABosh
05-04-2013, 12:39 PM
If Lebron has another "ho hum" season. (26-27 ppg, 55-56% shooting, 8 and 7, no crazy 27 game win streak) I don't think he'll win it again. He's going to need to continue to improve again in order to avoid voter fatigue.

The_Yearning
05-04-2013, 12:45 PM
If Lebron has another "ho hum" season. (26-27 ppg, 55-56% shooting, 8 and 7, no crazy 27 game win streak) I don't think he'll win it again. He's going to need to continue to improve again in order to avoid voter fatigue.

He'll win it again if he can up his FT% to at least 80.

willds09
05-04-2013, 12:52 PM
2 things

2002 WCF (talk about deserved his 5 :lol )

and Jordan has 5 MVPs, what are you 8 yrs old?
2002 he deserved it, like shaq said they weren't worried about tha sacramento queens.:no:

willds09
05-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Yea if david stern and adam silver give him more for no reason then yea :rolleyes:

willds09
05-04-2013, 12:56 PM
They won the equivalent of 57 last year, and 58 the year before that. With Wade aging, and constantly injured, it would basically be the Miami Raptors half the season. Unless we're assuming Lebron was replaced with an All-Star caliber player, I don't see Miami doing that well without him.
Stop being stupid, wade wasnt injured like that at all

LBJ 23
05-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Very important factor you're all forgetting is also owning second best MVP candidate in head to head matchups. In 2011 Rose and Bulls sweept Miami in regular season. It was voters fatigue, Lebron hate for the Decision and new superstar rising(Rose) but also head to head matchups.

''The Bulls and Heat met three times in the regular season. Three times the Bulls won, a couple of close games and one pretty comfortably. Derrick Rose had big games, Chris Bosh struggled.''

Look at this year for example, when did Lebron win MVP. After that hot shooting streak when he shoot above 64% for I don't know how many games? After 27 games winning streak? No, those two feats only further confirmed his MVP, he won it when Miami and Lebron owned OKC and Durant in head to head regular season matchups.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Very important factor you're all forgetting is also owning second best MVP candidate in head to head matchups. In 2011 Rose and Bulls sweept Miami in regular season. It was voters fatigue, Lebron hate for the Decision and new superstar rising(Rose) but also head to head matchups.

''The Bulls and Heat met three times in the regular season. Three times the Bulls won, a couple of close games and one pretty comfortably. Derrick Rose had big games, Chris Bosh struggled.''

Look at this year for example, when did Lebron win MVP. After that hot shooting streak when he shoot above 64% for I don't know how many games? After 27 games winning streak? No, those two feats only further confirmed his MVP, he won it when Miami and Lebron owned OKC and Durant in head to head regular season matchups.
That's pure bullshit, melo and knicks beat lebum 3-1

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 01:07 PM

One game was beginning of the season, one game Melo was injured and they beat Miami without him, and last game they barely won without Wade/LeBron.

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Melo and LeBron were 1-1 this season.

Lol. Do you ever get tired of always being wrong about everything?:roll:

LikeABosh
05-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Everything you post is guaranteed to be idiotic.

Crafty
05-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Shhh, let him talk. It's a pretty boring afternoon

LBJ 23
05-04-2013, 01:17 PM

That's why I didn't even bother to respond to his post. Also, Carmelo was never a true 2nd MVP candidate. It was Durant all the time and had Durant and OKC won both regular season games against Miami and he clearly outplays Lebron, I'm not so sure Lebron wins MVP just cuz of the above 64% shooting streak and 27 games winning streak.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:20 PM
That's why I didn't even bother to respond to his post. Also, Carmelo was never a true 2nd MVP candidate. It was Durant all the time and had Durant and OKC won both regular season games against Miami and he clearly outplays Lebron, I'm not so sure Lebron wins MVP just cuz of the above 64% shooting streak and 27 games winning streak.
durant had westbrook, melo had a sixth man of the tear with multiple injuries on tha side.:facepalm

Crafty
05-04-2013, 01:20 PM
And the best record on the league. Shitting on Durant (2nd MVP candidate) on both games in the RS. Beating everyteam of the league at least once.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:26 PM
One game was beginning of the season, one game Melo was injured and they beat Miami without him, and last game they barely won without Wade/LeBron.
game 1, melo played and bust wade and lebron's ass by 20 without martin, shump and stoudamire.
game 2, we bust wade and lebrons ass again by 20 without melo, martin, shump and stoudamire.
game 3, was bullshit cuz of coach woodson benched stoudamire in tha final 7 minutes.
game 4, we won fair and square without stoudamire, while lebron and wade were scared to play us.
THATS HOW IT WENT DOWN:no:

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:28 PM

im talking about tha season series overall:facepalm

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:28 PM
game 1, melo played and bust wade and lebron's ass by 20 without martin, shump and stoudamire.
game 2, we bust wade and lebrons ass again by 20 without melo, martin, shump and stoudamire.
game 3, was bullshit cuz of coach woodson benched stoudamire in tha final 7 minutes.
game 4, we won fair and square without stoudamire, while lebron and wade were scared to play us.
You and ripthekik are the same guy though, right?

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
im talking about tha season series overall:facepalm
No, you clearly weren't. You got owned as usual, idiot.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
your bitch ass iz just mad cuz im posting facts:coleman:

LikeABosh
05-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Like I said, every single post is idiotic. :facepalm :facepalm

Shade8780
05-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I haven't read through this thread but I don't know how it got to 16 pages :lol Didn't we already know LeBron was going to win?

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:32 PM
How is this phaggit not banned yet? At least bring him down to 1 account.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:33 PM
No, you clearly weren't. You got owned as usual, idiot.
i didnt get owned u lebron nut hugger, Im just getting jumped by you lebron lovers who dont wanna accept tha truth:mad:

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:35 PM
i didnt get owned u lebron nut hugger, Im just getting jumped by you lebron lovers who dont wanna accept tha truth:mad:
The truth that Melo and the Knicks beat LeBron 3-1. Yeah, it's not the truth you fcuking moron. Keep trying to dig your way out you know-nothing troll-tard.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:37 PM
The truth that Melo and the Knicks beat LeBron 3-1. Yeah, it's not the truth you fcuking moron. Keep trying to dig your way out you know-nothing troll-tard.
you not proving shit niguh, what are u proving??? Im stating facts, and you wanna talk shit cuz ur in denial:rant

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:38 PM
you not proving shit niguh, what are u proving??? Im stating facts, and you wanna talk shit cuz ur in denial:rant
3-1 isn't a fact fcuk-tard. They didn't even play 4 times, idiot.

willds09
05-04-2013, 01:44 PM
3-1 isn't a fact fcuk-tard. They didn't even play 4 times, idiot.
I said tha season series, which is 3-1, am i right???:confusedshrug:

NumberSix
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I said tha season series, which is 3-1, am i right???:confusedshrug:
No you didn't shithead. You said they beat LeBron 3-1. You didn't say they beat the Heat 3-1. You're wrong and youre stupid. End of story.

ripthekik
05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
this guy's so mad :oldlol:

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
No you didn't shithead. You said they beat LeBron 3-1. You didn't say they beat the Heat 3-1. You're wrong and youre stupid. End of story.
thats tha same thing bitch, cuz its lebrons team:lol

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 02:10 PM

There needs to be a warning notice at the beginning of your posts.

"Warning! IQ may drastically drop reading the following post."

KingBeasley08
05-04-2013, 02:11 PM
people like you are why black ppl get shit from everyone :facepalm

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
people like you are why black ppl get shit from everyone :facepalm
says tha dumb niguh who still call queen james king james:facepalm

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:53 PM
There needs to be a warning notice at the beginning of your posts.

"Warning! IQ may drastically drop reading the following post."
thats your best comeback??? u lebron stans are pitiful and beyond:lol

willds09
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM
this guy's so mad :oldlol:
he sure iz:roll:

lebeast666
05-04-2013, 03:05 PM
thats your best comeback??? u lebron stans are pitiful and beyond:lol

No need for a comeback when your embarrassing yourself already.