PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose "good 90 percent" and could return vs. the Heat in the second round

winwin
04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75684525/

Derrick Rose is at a "good 90 percent" and could return vs. the Heat in the second round, according to his brother Reggie Rose.

"He has been working hard and getting a lot of shots up every day," Reggie said about Derrick. "Most of all, he is getting his mind ready, getting comfortable with his body. I think [his mind] is probably at a good 90 percent now." It's basically been the same story on Rose for three months with different quotes coming from a handful of people. The Bulls didn't need Rose on Saturday with Nate Robinson going off, but this won't be the last we've heard about this story.

Via Roto

--------
Also from the article

When asked if it needs to be 100 percent to return, Rose replied: "His 100 percent might not be your 100 percent. It's hard. But the Bulls organization has basically told him: We support you. When you are ready, we will welcome you with open arms."

Like coach Tom Thibodeau, Rose has not ruled out his brother returning for a potential series with the Heat.

"I think anything is possible," he said.

In comments made to ESPN.com in February, Rose was critical of Bulls' management, saying: "It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him."

But Rose is now, well, bullish on the team.

"No matter what, if (Derrick) is playing or not, I still think it would be a competitive series (with the Heat) because of the way the Bulls defend," he said.

Rose said that when his brother does come back, "the game will come to him a little easier. It will be slower. You can learn from watching the game. And he's learning from Coach Thibs, so he can see what Coach Thibs needs on certain plays."

Lucas wishes people would stop pressuring Rose to return and said that when he does, "he will come back bigger, faster, stronger, more explosive and more athletic. People don't understand how hungry he will be."

all copy n paste

AussieG
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
That's the point.. the final lines of those quotes. He shouldn't need to be "faster or stronger or more explosive" in order to return. It sounds like ROSE himself is the one putting pressure on himself.

He should ease himself into the rotations and gradually get a feel for the game again.. against the bench players and then slowly work his way back to the starting lineup. It sounds like he'd prefer to start and play 40mpg right off the bat. And then to play like nothing has changed.

RagaZ
04-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Heat fans sh*tting their pants.

Goldrush25
04-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Classic no-win situation for Rose, based on the caveat that they aren't beating the Heat whether he comes back or not.

If he plays well, people will criticize him for not coming back sooner, with the presumption that he would've been even better, good enough to push them over the hump vs. the Heat.

If he doesn't play well, then people will criticize him for not coming back sooner, as he would've had time to shake off the rust and get back to his old playing condition.

In any event, it's evident that in his own mind, he isn't the Rose that we all knew pre-injury. He missed his window. Might as well just stay on the bench.

chosen_wun
04-28-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/and%20here%20we%20go/grand/and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1271.gif

Rose is gonna get shitted on :lol

aj1987
04-28-2013, 07:00 PM
2011. 4-1.

LongLiveTheKing
04-28-2013, 07:01 PM
:sleeping
Maybe they'll win a game.

Trollsmasher
04-28-2013, 07:01 PM
6% shooting

Dengness9
04-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Classic no-win situation for Rose, based on the caveat that they aren't beating the Heat whether he comes back or not.

If he plays well, people will criticize him for not coming back sooner, with the presumption that he would've been even better, good enough to push them over the hump vs. the Heat.

If he doesn't play well, then people will criticize him for not coming back sooner, as he would've had time to shake off the rust and get back to his old playing condition.

In any event, it's evident that in his own mind, he isn't the Rose that we all knew pre-injury. He missed his window. Might as well just stay on the bench.

Diggin' your post Brah'

b1imtf
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Wasn't he 100% a couple of weeks ago?

HoopsFanNumero1
04-28-2013, 07:04 PM

I don't think so. His 2011 ECF should be the only benchmark used for his performance if he does come back. As long as he actually helps his team, why would people have a problem with it?

DaSeba5
04-28-2013, 07:05 PM

Good post. In all honesty, the Bulls are not going anywhere this year. Most people would be shocked if Chicago beat Miami in a series. Rose should be considering the future of his career, and not rush himself into a tough physical series. His first game would be against a Miami team on the road without any playing time in the regular season. I think that would hurt the team. The people who are dogging him for not coming back are annoying.

jzek
04-28-2013, 07:11 PM
When was the last time a Rose-led Bulls beat the Heat in a series?

Oh yeah, it has never happened.

AngelEyes
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75684525/

Derrick Rose is at a "good 90 percent" and could return vs. the Heat in the second round, according to his brother Reggie Rose.

"He has been working hard and getting a lot of shots up every day," Reggie said about Derrick. "Most of all, he is getting his mind ready, getting comfortable with his body. I think [his mind] is probably at a good 90 percent now." It's basically been the same story on Rose for three months with different quotes coming from a handful of people. The Bulls didn't need Rose on Saturday with Nate Robinson going off, but this won't be the last we've heard about this story.

Via Roto

--------
Also from the article

When asked if it needs to be 100 percent to return, Rose replied: "His 100 percent might not be your 100 percent. It's hard. But the Bulls organization has basically told him: We support you. When you are ready, we will welcome you with open arms."

Like coach Tom Thibodeau, Rose has not ruled out his brother returning for a potential series with the Heat.

"I think anything is possible," he said.

In comments made to ESPN.com in February, Rose was critical of Bulls' management, saying: "It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him."

But Rose is now, well, bullish on the team.

"No matter what, if (Derrick) is playing or not, I still think it would be a competitive series (with the Heat) because of the way the Bulls defend," he said.

Rose said that when his brother does come back, "the game will come to him a little easier. It will be slower. You can learn from watching the game. And he's learning from Coach Thibs, so he can see what Coach Thibs needs on certain plays."

Lucas wishes people would stop pressuring Rose to return and said that when he does, "he will come back bigger, faster, stronger, more explosive and more athletic. People don't understand how hungry he will be."

all copy n paste

You'll see him in the fall

AngelEyes
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Good post. In all honesty, the Bulls are not going anywhere this year. Most people would be shocked if Chicago beat Miami in a series. Rose should be considering the future of his career, and not rush himself into a tough physical series. His first game would be against a Miami team on the road without any playing time in the regular season. I think that would hurt the team. The people who are dogging him for not coming back are annoying.

That's exactly what he's been doing.

Dengness9
04-28-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't think so. His 2011 ECF should be the only benchmark used for his performance if he does come back. As long as he actually helps his team, why would people have a problem with it?

Im not trying to come at you harshly but just stop.

YOU SEE HOW MUCH SCRUTINY HE'S UNDER ON A DAILY BASIS?

People will call him selfish if he comes back, and a weak minded if he doesn't come back.

It couldnt be more obvious he's gonna be making the "WRONG" decision either way.

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2013, 07:23 PM

I hope u r not being serious right? He will hurt his team more then help since he has not played one game all season.

CHi1PriDe
04-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Of course, all these Apr 2013 registers happened to be heat fans. Not surprised :facepalm

Haymaker
04-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Why can't he wear the uniform and sit on the bench?

Reverend Hoops
04-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Is he gonna wear a Nets jersey?

Burgz V2
04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
2011. 4-1.

April 2013.

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Of course, all these Apr 2013 registers happened to be heat fans. Not surprised :facepalm
You and every one else that says April 2013 have to be a bunch of f****** dumbasses. I have lived in Miami fl my whole life, have gone to more then 100 games including playoffs and championships. I have been lurking on these forums for a while now and tried registering before but the system wouldn't let me.

Don't be upset that your bulls won't ever see another championship since the Jordan days.

Mr. Incredible
04-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Lol. :sleeping

daj0264
04-28-2013, 07:52 PM
people need to get over him not coming back

Mr. I'm So Rad
Jesus coming back before this n!gga

HoopsFanNumero1
Im not trying to come at you harshly but just stop.

YOU SEE HOW MUCH SCRUTINY HE'S UNDER ON A DAILY BASIS?

People will call him selfish if he comes back, and a weak minded if he doesn't come back.

It couldnt be more obvious he's gonna be making the "WRONG" decision either way.

Well those are trolls, and they're going to act stupid either way. But I know plenty of Bulls fans that are a bit upset that Rose hasn't come back yet. Why would he be called selfish if he comes back? As a fan, you should want him to come back. The right decision would have been for him to come back when he was medically cleared. Even now, it's better late than never.

guy
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM

If he doesn't come back they'll be saying the same shit anyway. So it wouldn't make a difference unless they win, which is a possibility I wouldn't write off, but I'm biased.

CHi1PriDe
04-28-2013, 07:56 PM
You and every one else that says April 2013 have to be a bunch of f****** dumbasses. I have lived in Miami fl my whole life, have gone to more then 100 games including playoffs and championships. I have been lurking on these forums for a while now and tried registering before but the system wouldn't let me.

Don't be upset that your bulls won't ever see another championship since the Jordan days.

Doubt it. You're a bandwagon fan just like every so called heat fan on here. Bulls franchise >>> Heat. Guarantee you'll be mia, if the heat lose. Bandwagon fans always come and go :facepalm

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Dengness9
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM

Miami as a franchise can't even compare to the Bulls but nice try....

OH YEA... APRIL 2013... another front runner....you tried hard to lie your way through that post

Kingwillball
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM
HEat will beat Bulls with or Without Rose and in Fact might be EASIER with Rose..

TrueRob
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM
I think Rose should just come back next year. It would really screw him up mentally if he came back and played poorly against the Heat and the Bulls got swept or only got one win.

Y2Gezee
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
He's playing well, but I think Heat fans would need to be more afraid if Noah was really healthy.

He's been the best center in the league IMO this year.

P.S. Rose ain't playin.

Blue&Orange
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I think [his mind] is probably at a good 90 percent now."

Now please all the idiots that kept saying Bulls were being careful just shut up, Rose are cleared to play with no added chance of injury for 2 months now.

CHi1PriDe
04-28-2013, 08:11 PM

OH YEA... APRIL 2013... another front runner....you tried hard to lie your way through that post

Lol and I can't believe I almost believed him. Almost got me, smh...

CHi1PriDe
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
I think Rose should just come back next year. It would really screw him up mentally if he came back and played poorly against the Heat and the Bulls got swept or only got one win.

If that was to happen, I'd think that'll will make Rose workout and practice even harder.

Mr. Incredible
04-28-2013, 08:19 PM
He's playing well, but I think Heat fans would need to be more afraid if Noah was really healthy.

He's been the best center in the league IMO this year.

P.S. Rose ain't playin.
Afraid?

Child, please.

Robalvarez2010
04-28-2013, 08:29 PM

Let me see. The bulls have been in the league since the 1960s, and the heat have been in the league since the late 1980s. In the short time the heat have been around have pretty much accomplished more. It took you guys 25 years to win your first title. It took the heat 18 years.

Pointguard
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Now please all the idiots that kept saying Bulls were being careful just shut up, Rose are cleared to play with no added chance of injury for 2 months now.

:lol Another doctor.

imdaman99
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
rose gotta tell his brother to stfu. he aint doing rose any favors? :facepalm

imdaman99
04-28-2013, 09:24 PM
you're a supposed knicks fan yet you dickride someone on a hated franchise. what a disgrace :facepalm

let me guess, you have many MJ23 jerseys too :facepalm :facepalm

poido123
04-28-2013, 10:03 PM
2011. 4-1.

It's wrong to assume that Bulls with Rose now would be comparable to the 2011 matchup. Noah and Boozer were hurt in that series, Korver couldn't hit open shots, and we had bogans, yeah bogans...So where was the scoring gonna come from? Rose. How did the Heat beat the Bulls? They cut off Rose's driving lanes, knowing that Korver and Deng were bricking, and Noah and Boozer were banged up. They dared the Bulls team to shoot jump shots, and cut off Rose's driving lanes and that won them the series in the end. Let's not forget that whole series was close, only for a couple of questionable foul calls and Rose having to do it all was the Bulls downfall.

A healthy Rose out there now? It would be an interesting series. The emergence of Butler and the offense/creating own shot of Bellineli and Robinson would be something the bulls didnt have that series. Bulls also have hinrich and hamilton who can chip in good minutes, they did lose Asik off the bench, but I think the Bulls team is a better overall unit now and more capable of scoring, particularly if they add Rose to the mix.

KDthunderup
04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
I reckon he is 100% physical good because its been over a godamn year, that 10% left is all mental

Peteballa
04-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Chicago has given us issues all year. Rose coming back will not hurt their chances.

It should be a very good series. To my fellow Heat fans: Don't get too cocky. As good as we look right now, Chicago can't be taken lightly.

Shepseskaf
04-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Rose should have eased himself back into the game months ago.

Is he making his own decisions about his career, or is his family? Why is it always his brother coming with these revelations?

AintNoSunshine
04-28-2013, 10:20 PM
And it's a sweep now, great

Derka
04-28-2013, 10:24 PM
He gains nothing by coming back for the second round and I'm not sure he helps his team out enough to beat Miami anyway.

He's gotta look 10 years in the future here and not one series into the future. He's young and his team has injuries to deal with still. Just stay on the damn bench and don't let the ridiculous media-driven pressure sway your decision.

DMAVS41
04-28-2013, 10:25 PM

And are you a doctor? If he's 100%...should he still not come back? Even Wilbon intimated that the remaining part is all mental on NBA countdown today.

So if he's 100%...should he still wait? Please answer.

The_Yearning
04-28-2013, 10:26 PM
if MVP Rose shot 45%... imagine what bitchmade Rose will shoot.

Stay on the bench f4ggot.

Glide2keva
04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Just stop.

(e)
04-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Would be great to see him back, especially in the Playoffs.

But I don't think he's coming back

Eat Like A Bosh
04-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Guess he changed his mind...

comerb
04-29-2013, 12:02 AM

Because of Rose? We've always owned Rose.

I'm more worried about Nate Robinson than Rose.

ripthekik
04-29-2013, 12:09 AM
And are you a doctor? If he's 100%...should he still not come back? Even Wilbon intimated that the remaining part is all mental on NBA countdown today.

So if he's 100%...should he still wait? Please answer.
He said 's 90%.. isn't this what you wanted to hear? I'm assuming you have no problems with it now, considering you stated that as long as he's not physically ready, you have no problem with him playing?

All screw all the reports and outsider sources. If the man says he's 90% then he is.

leMVP
04-29-2013, 12:11 AM
#TheReturn

to being owned by The heat.

TheCorporation
04-29-2013, 12:18 AM
When was the last time a Rose-led Bulls beat the Heat in a series?

Oh yeah, it has never happened.

But it's gonna happen this year as opposed to 2011 when the Bulls got beat down 4-1 because:

Rose isn't going to be at 100%, but will somehow do better than 2011
LBJ is peaking, and somehow playing even better
The Heat have since picked up both Birdman, Ray Allen, and Rashard Lewis
Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers are starting to develop into decent players
Miami now has home court advantage
Miami is something absurd like 42-3 in their last 45 games

Yep, Miami fans are shitting their pants at the return of Rose

:lol :lol :lol

Kingwillball
04-29-2013, 12:23 AM
But it's gonna happen this year as opposed to 2011 when the Bulls got beat down 4-1 because:

Rose isn't going to be at 100%, but will somehow do better than 2011
LBJ is peaking, and somehow playing even better
The Heat have since picked up both Birdman, Ray Allen, and Rashard Lewis
Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers are starting to develop into decent players
Miami now has home court advantage
Miami is something absurd like 42-3 in their last 45 games

Yep, Miami fans are shitting their pants at the return of Rose

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah actually Cole wasn't there last time either he is only in his 2nd here and he is getting better and better. Chalmers is the better Shooter But Cole is the better Defender and passer. Cole is actually Very good Running a fast break. The Heat have lost 2 Legit games since all-star break. 1 loss was with Lebron and Wade sitting out and Knicks trying to clinch 2 seed.

okayabc123
04-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Why rush to get back against the Heat?

The thing with Rose's injury is more like 80% mental 20% physical. Mentally, if he wasn't ready to step on to the court to play a week, 2 weeks ago, he isn't going to be that much more mentally ready to play right now. Especially given that his first game back is against the Heat.

I also think Rose given that he is a PG is going to take more than a few games to not only adjust the speed and the game management part, but also how he plays with his teammates. This ain't a pick up game, you can just jump in and take over a game.. not in the NBA, and certainly not against the Heat.

This has a "bad decision" written all over it. Sit his a$$ until next year.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 01:01 AM
you're a supposed knicks fan yet you dickride someone on a hated franchise. what a disgrace :facepalm

let me guess, you have many MJ23 jerseys too :facepalm :facepalm
If you're that other screename or its you under another name just say it, or if its your brother or whatever. I'd respect that more than you just sounding stupid. I have a very good reason as to why I speak on Rose's behalf and its because of his work outside of basketball. You won't find one post where I dick ride him tho: In general, I dog haters across the board, or at least in the few threads I go in.

I give away a lot of jersey's, but I only keep one Jersey and its Stark's.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 01:03 AM
He said 's 90%.. isn't this what you wanted to hear? I'm assuming you have no problems with it now, considering you stated that as long as he's not physically ready, you have no problem with him playing?

All screw all the reports and outsider sources. If the man says he's 90% then he is.
He can't read.

wang4three
04-29-2013, 01:10 AM
That's great. Joakim Noah's foot will be nearly amputated for logging long minutes this series when this series could've ended by now if Rose had played.

nashwade
04-29-2013, 01:16 AM
it would be really funny if Nets win the series

TonyMontana
04-29-2013, 01:29 AM
http://oi39.tinypic.com/vzk7wp.jpg

I hope he does come back. It's never as fun to see these stars teams get embarassed when they dont play.

ripthekik
04-29-2013, 01:31 AM
well, if rose is going to be remembered for 9.8, then we definitely shouldn't forget this:

http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpg

Fawker
04-29-2013, 01:32 AM
he will not come back this year.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 01:33 AM

What is the missing 10%? Is it mental? Physical? We don't know.

But let's say it's physical. Should he play at 90%? Absolutely. Get used to it. Nobody is ever 100% all the time. And as long as the knee is healed...which it clearly is based on what rose is saying and all reports...then the likelihood of him injuring himself severely now rather than in 5 months down the road is probably like a 1% difference at best.

And...at some point he's going to be playing at less than 90% in the future. Like I said...get used to it.

90% and knee is healed? Play.

ripthekik
04-29-2013, 01:38 AM
What is the missing 10%? Is it mental? Physical? We don't know.

But let's say it's physical. Should he play at 90%? Absolutely. Get used to it. Nobody is ever 100% all the time. And as long as the knee is healed...which it clearly is based on what rose is saying and all reports...then the likelihood of him injuring himself severely now rather than in 5 months down the road is probably like a 1% difference at best.

And...at some point he's going to be playing at less than 90% in the future. Like I said...get used to it.

90% and knee is healed? Play.
Isn't this different than what you were saying in the other thread? Should I quote you? Where you said you would have no problem is he's not 100%. Now you're saying it doesn't matter?

Well, why not come back at 60% then? everyone plays injured :confusedshrug:

KyleKong
04-29-2013, 01:40 AM
April 2013.

:facepalm

But anyway,

Lets just say in the very slim chance that Rose decides to come back. The Bulls would have made it to the playoffs and even the second round without him and all of a sudden Rose returns, becomes all the headlines everywhere for the entire series.

Not to mention that the chemistry of the offense would be all messed up with Rose playing. I'm not worried about the defense changing because Rose is an awful defender.

**** off Rose, come back next season and impress people with your comeback. Don't take the glory of from your teammates hard work.

SnakePlissken
04-29-2013, 01:42 AM
The only way he should come back at this point is if the Bulls make it to the NBA finals.

KyleKong
04-29-2013, 01:45 AM
The only way he should come back at this point is if the Bulls make it to the NBA finals.

You're right, the Bulls should have worked their ass off without Rose to get passed Miami, make it all the way to the finals, just to have Rose come back to make some claim he deserved a ring.

Rose should sit out for the rest of the season and not disturb the Bull's offense so the Bulls can keep winning.

ProfessorMurder
04-29-2013, 01:46 AM

Yeah that worked really well when Jameer Nelson did it.

Shepseskaf
04-29-2013, 01:51 AM
The fact that this thread exists shows how badly both Rose and the Bulls have handled the situation. The constant teases of what he "could" do are beyond annoying.

I think he should at least get out on the court and give it a try in limited minutes.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Isn't this different than what you were saying in the other thread? Should I quote you? Where you said you would have no problem is he's not 100%. Now you're saying it doesn't matter?

Well, why not come back at 60% then? everyone plays injured :confusedshrug:

I said that if he's not right physically..he shouldn't play. Is 90% not right? I can't answer that for Rose I guess, but I'd say he better get used to playing at less than 100%...considering pretty much every playoff game he ever plays he'll be less than 100%. What I do know is that once the knee is healed and it clearly is at this point...then there is no added risk. And I also know that playing a NBA playoff game at 90% is absolutely normal. The real issue now is how do you handle him coming back. Do you just throw him in for 40 minutes a game? Those are the types of questions that matter a lot more.

Since we know the knee is healed...and has been for 2 months now. I was under the impression that Rose was referencing both the mental and maybe some lingering physcial issues as why he isn't a full 100%...which Wilbon intimated on tv tonight.

But honestly, you guys just look dumber and dumber as more information comes out. Before this announcement you are all claiming he should never come back...it's not worth the risk. Are you changing your tune? Or are you annoyed that Rose might come back this season?

The truth is that Rose probably should have come back sometime in early April to play 15 or so minutes a game to ease his way back in if he wanted to come back this year. He's handled this poorly...everyone can see it but his blind fans.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 02:30 AM
If he's coming back, he won't be that good. I remember when Jordan came back from baseball he wasn't good. He shot like 40% and guys like Hardaway would steal the ball from him in the open court like they were supposed to. Miami is really fast and play good defense against guards.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 02:49 AM
I said that if he's not right physically..he shouldn't play. Is 90% not right? I can't answer that for Rose I guess, but I'd say he better get used to playing at less than 100%...considering pretty much every playoff game he ever plays he'll be less than 100%. What I do know is that once the knee is healed and it clearly is at this point...then there is no added risk. And I also know that playing a NBA playoff game at 90% is absolutely normal. The real issue now is how do you handle him coming back. Do you just throw him in for 40 minutes a game? Those are the types of questions that matter a lot more.

Since we know the knee is healed...and has been for 2 months now. I was under the impression that Rose was referencing both the mental and maybe some lingering physcial issues as why he isn't a full 100%...which Wilbon intimated on tv tonight.

But honestly, you guys just look dumber and dumber as more information comes out. Before this announcement you are all claiming he should never come back...it's not worth the risk. Are you changing your tune? Or are you annoyed that Rose might come back this season?

The truth is that Rose probably should have come back sometime in early April to play 15 or so minutes a game to ease his way back in if he wanted to come back this year. He's handled this poorly...everyone can see it but his blind fans.
Did somebody just fart?

Leftimage
04-29-2013, 03:13 AM
D.Rose has only himself to blame for the rising pressure he faces in light of his return. At this point, he has essentially created an inescapable lose-lose situation for himself:

Scenario#1: remains on sidelines, watches as his self-sacrificing brothers in arms get slaughtered by the Heat after a great 1st round effort. Gets a well-deserved sh*tting-on from the media in anticipation of next season.

Scenario#2: comes back, gets sonned by Lebron & co, performs awfully and destroys Bulls chemistry en route towards Miami sweep. Severe risk of becoming mental midget for rest of his career.

Ultimately, I think D.Rose's shy & introverted nature is beginning to cost him career-wise. Poor guy doesn't even seem assertive enough to know his own opinion on this saga... it's like he's emotionally mute.

All Net
04-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Doubt it

You don't return this late.. He will make them worse

DuMa
04-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Rio will just own him again like he did in the NCAA Championship game.

Foster5k
04-29-2013, 06:14 AM
:oldlol:

With or without Rose. Heat in 5.

Shepseskaf
04-29-2013, 06:40 AM
If he's coming back, he won't be that good. I remember when Jordan came back from baseball he wasn't good. He shot like 40% and guys like Hardaway would steal the ball from him in the open court like they were supposed to.

Look up the double-nickel game at MSG.

SFMF
04-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Will he be 10% when he loses to Heat? :biggums: what is this % shit

DaSeba5
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Doubt it. You're a bandwagon fan just like every so called heat fan on here. Bulls franchise >>> Heat. Guarantee you'll be mia, if the heat lose. Bandwagon fans always come and go :facepalm

I'm sure you became a Bulls fan when Jordan was there. It's easy to call people bandwagon fans if they root for the best team. Nobody knows for sure who is a real fan and who is not, nor should it matter if they are good posters.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Look up the double-nickel game at MSG.
And... Kwame Brown has the occasional good game. Why are you citing one game? He shot 41% which is way below his standard, and wasn't aware enough to know when he messed up team continuity. And he had a lot of forgettable games if you compare him to himself. And you have to remember Jordan wasn't coming back from an injury.

Ultimately, I think D.Rose's shy & introverted nature is beginning to cost him career-wise. Poor guy doesn't even seem assertive enough to know his own opinion on this saga... it's like he's emotionally mute.
Emotionally mute??? You are not even following the story or even trying to keep up. How much can you possibly miss??? He doesn't answer to you. His teammates and those close to him are cool with it. I mean you really don't think he should give his answer to you, do you? Do you really think his career will boil down to a few games at the end of 2013 do you? That would only make sense if he listened to irrational haters and thought they made sense.

guy
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
If he's coming back, he won't be that good. I remember when Jordan came back from baseball he wasn't good. He shot like 40% and guys like Hardaway would steal the ball from him in the open court like they were supposed to. Miami is really fast and play good defense against guards.

He wasn't himself, but lets not act like he was Wizards Jordan. For that timeframe, there was AT MOST only 3 players you would've wanted over him - Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson.

guy
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
If he doesn't come back they'll be saying the same shit anyway. So it wouldn't make a difference unless they win, which is a possibility I wouldn't write off, but I'm biased.

Apparently Hinrich is out today, and maybe even longer. Reports are that he's even wearing a boot.

I was wrong. It could get worse. If they somehow lose this series without Rose coming back in light of this news, it could get worse.

retaxis
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Please come back D rose. I just want to watch you play against the Heat. No doubt Miami has some undefeatable line ups in
Chalmers, Allen, Wade, Lebron, Bosh or
Wade, Allen, Battier, Lebron Bosh or even
Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh Bird

but don't worry no one can beat them so just play and make it fun :)

(e)
04-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Didn't take long for Jordan to get it back. 9 days after he returned he hit a game winner. 10 days after he came back he dropped 55 in MSG...

Rose has been practicing with the team for awhile now. I don't think he will come back and be at peak performance, but I don't think there will be a long period of "rust".

Still...don't think he's coming back, but tonight wouldn't be a bad idea if he wants to. Up 3-1 and Kirk is out. Why not come in and just try to get a feel of game action if a Miami return is what he wants?

Shepseskaf
04-29-2013, 12:52 PM
And... Kwame Brown has the occasional good game. Why are you citing one game? He shot 41% which is way below his standard, and wasn't aware enough to know when he messed up team continuity. And he had a lot of forgettable games if you compare him to himself. And you have to remember Jordan wasn't coming back from an injury.
Really? Comparing Kwame to MJ? :facepalm

I agree that the comparison of the Jordan and Rose situations is stupid, but you're the one who brought it up.

And you're mis-characterizing MJ's entire 1994-95 season. There were some highs and some lows, but in all he was getting himself back into legendary shape.

We all know how the rest of his tenure on the Bulls turned out.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-29-2013, 12:56 PM

I agree that the comparison of the Jordan and Rose situations is stupid, but you're the one who brought it up.

And you're mis-characterizing MJ's entire 1994-95 season. There were some highs and some lows, but in all he was getting himself back into legendary shape.

Yeah. While clearly not being his 100% self (mental errors in that Orlando series), MJ had a VERY good playoff outing all things considered (averaged 32 on ~48% shooting).

guy
04-29-2013, 12:57 PM

Emotionally mute??? You are not even following the story or even trying to keep up. How much can you possibly miss??? He doesn't answer to you. His teammates and those close to him are cool with it. I mean you really don't think he should give his answer to you, do you? Do you really think his career will boil down to a few games at the end of 2013 do you? That would only make sense if he listened to irrational haters and thought they made sense.

He didn't mess up team continuity. They were 34-31 without him and 13-4 with him. They were clearly better with him.

AussieG
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Can anyone name any other instances where a player sits out.. not because of physical but because of mental reasons?

I don't mean a superstar. Or a star player. I mean anyone..

The only thing I can think of, is when a player misses a game or two due to a death in the family.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Did somebody just fart?

So what is your take now? Should he come back or not?

Look at you...now you are resorting to saying he won't be that good. Why? He's at least 90% physically and he's been practicing for 2 months.

He might not be at his best, but he'd still certainly be a net positive for the Bulls...right?

All Net
04-29-2013, 01:31 PM
If he does return he couldn't of come back against a worse team.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
http://oi39.tinypic.com/vzk7wp.jpg

I hope he does come back. It's never as fun to see these stars teams get embarassed when they dont play.

It's not hard to embarrass folks when the two greatest players in their conference (arguably the league) team up like buddies, and then add a top five PF, and in 2012 and 2013's case ... find even more ammo with amazing niche and role players.

It's still, regardless of their current success, a soft way to compete in order to stack the deck to win rings and dominate teams. Anyone with a brain will remember how this dynasty was put together, and the talent they had in relation to the competition they faced.

You should be embarrassed for feeling so proud about it, too.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 03:32 PM

I compared the one good game, not the players.

I brought up Jordan because it took a minute to just function with getting his wind under control. Nevermind, trying to trust his leg again. The mental mistakes and poor decision making were a bit stunning to see. But it let me know that it wasn't going to be that easy. In the playoff's he still wasn't himself.

Didn't take long for Jordan to get it back. 9 days after he returned he hit a game winner. 10 days after he came back he dropped 55 in MSG...

Rose has been practicing with the team for awhile now. I don't think he will come back and be at peak performance, but I don't think there will be a long period of "rust".

Still...don't think he's coming back, but tonight wouldn't be a bad idea if he wants to. Up 3-1 and Kirk is out. Why not come in and just try to get a feel of game action if a Miami return is what he wants?

Miami, at times looks like the fastest moving defensive team I ever saw. Practice and playing Pheonix isn't the same the same thing at all. Practicing and playing Miami is a totally different game. During the game the mental pressure of doing everything right will tire you out alone. If you broke your arm and was away from a desk job for two weeks, the pressure of the job mentally drains you, much less if you are doing a physically demanding job and have to think all the time. Its worse for point guards because they are the ultimate thinkers. Rose might have to play with Nate.

I think his presence could mean something for the team but I doubt that he can play effectively against the Heat. Shumpert has days where he is looks close to being himself, but then you see the recuperation process. Rose does more hard twist, turns, jigs and strong pivots than any player I ever seen. Its not reasonable to think he can come back and be old Rose in 5 games. Doubt will creep up on him at some point and he will look like Bogut. He just has to keep that down to a minimum.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 03:39 PM
So what is your take now? Should he come back or not?

Look at you...now you are resorting to saying he won't be that good. Why? He's at least 90% physically and he's been practicing for 2 months.

He might not be at his best, but he'd still certainly be a net positive for the Bulls...right?
Not against Miami. They are too quick. They create crazy pressure on guards. Rose could be a positive if Nate is missing and goes wayward or if the opponent was Golden State, maybe. But otherwise I don't think he can make Chicago better. Its like a video game you never played before and at level ten the progressive speed is too much for you.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
I think Rose and Nate Rob in the back court could put a LOT of pressure on Miami. Their quickness, ball handling abilities, and ability to get into the interior layers of defense could wear them out over the course of a series.

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 03:44 PM
I think Rose and Nate Rob in the back court could put a LOT of pressure on Miami. Their quickness, ball handling abilities, and ability to get into the interior layers of defense could wear them out over the course of a series.
If he does come back I imagine he would be at 20 minutes a game for the first two games, right? Then 23, 25, 27 and I don't think he will get above 30 minutes even if it goes to 7 games.

TonyMontana
04-29-2013, 03:44 PM

It's not hard to embarrass folks when the two greatest players in their conference (arguably the league) team up like buddies, and then add a top five PF, and in 2012 and 2013's case ... find even more ammo with amazing niche and role players.

It's still, regardless of their current success, a soft way to compete in order to stack the deck to win rings and dominate teams. Anyone with a brain will remember how this dynasty was put together, and the talent they had in relation to the competition they faced.

Nope I'm proud. The goal of the front office is to put the best possible product on the court so that the chances of winning a title championship are as high as possible. I'd say they've done a very nice job since this team has more people crying than any team in league history.

I care about my chances of winning, not my opponents. You don't win championships by looking for the interests of your opponents.

Since your crying about their talent I guess you can just admit them as the Best Team of all-time, but we know you wont do that since your just some butthurt fan looking for something to bitch about . What the Heat are doing now is no different than what the Lakers/Spurs did in the 00s, what the Bulls did in the 90s, what the Lakers/Celtics did in the 80s, and especially what the Celtics did in the 50s/60s.

Enjoy losing to us in the next round.

pegasus
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM

That is pure ETHER.:applause:

ripthekik
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:
ouch.

Adam2k9
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Don't be upset your team only has two championships.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-29-2013, 04:28 PM

What a bunch of bs. Stick to the topic. Rose played horribly in that playoffs and that's all there is to it. I don't remember any Bulls fan saying this before the series started. All I hear from Bulls fans after game 1 was that Rose and the Bulls would dominate the Heat. Pathetic :facepalm

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 04:31 PM

What an awful post.

All of the dominant teams throughout NBA history have been significantly better than their competition. Russell's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, MJ's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, and now the Heat.

Really only Duncan has done it without having some of the best help of all time.

And why again are the Heat much more talented than a healthy Thunder team? Still waiting for anyone to explain that to me. It's mainly because Lebron is just that much better than Durant. And make no mistake...Durant will go down as one of the 20 best players of all time. And is already doing historic things.

Not to mention the Heat won last year without a healthy Bosh at times....and a Bosh that gave you 14/8/1...and nothing more. LOL

zizozain
04-29-2013, 04:42 PM

:applause: :applause:

and if Rose returned vs. the Heat

it's a win win situation

-

3LiftHeatCurse
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Dude still sitting out and he's 90 percent. What a disgrace.

So many players play and they are banged up and not even 75%.

Rose'sACL
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM

don't ever justify it. i have lived in new york and Sydney my whole life and i am a spurs fan. these people who think that you can only support a team if you are born in that city are idiots. i started watching basketball in 1998 and i chose spurs because of the way they played even though i used to live in NYC at that time.I go to at least 2 spurs games each year even though i don't live in the US anymore.
If some day spurs' owner and front office keeps ****ing up for years like knicks' without caring for fans, i will start supporting another team. I can understand when a team sucks for a few years or when a team is in a market which is too small/bad to attract good players.
If you know about basketball and support the team which plays your kind of basketball, there is no shame in supporting it. these aren't national teams or your college team, these are privately owned teams playing in a privately owned league.Most players in the NBA don't play for the city/state they were born in.
Miami fans might not be very knowledgeable but they are classy as they showed in game 7 of last year's conf. finals when they gave standing ovation to celtics' big 3 as everyone thought that was the last time they were going to play together. everyone in miami knew that pierce and garnett don't like miami.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
don't ever justify it. i have lived in new york and Sydney my whole life and i am a spurs fan. these people who think that you can only support a team if you are born in that city are idiots. i started watching basketball in 1998 and i chose spurs because of the way they played even though i used to live in NYC at that time.I go to at least 2 spurs games each year even though i don't live in the US anymore.
If some day spurs' owner and front office keeps ****ing up for years like knicks' without caring for fans, i will start supporting another team. I can understand when a team sucks for a few years or when a team is in a market which is too small/bad to attract good players.
If you know about basketball and support the team which plays your kind of basketball, there is no shame in supporting it. these aren't national teams or your college team, these are privately owned teams playing in a privately owned league.Most players in the NBA don't play for the city/state they were born in.
Miami fans might not be very knowledgeable but they are classy as they showed in game 7 of last year's conf. finals when they gave standing ovation to celtics' big 3 as everyone thought that was the last time they were going to play together. everyone in miami knew that pierce and garnett don't like miami.

zizozain
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
bla bla

bottom line .. you are a complete asshole

Rose'sACL
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM
why so upset?

bottom line .. you are a complete asshole
i haven't raped anyone.

hawkfan
04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
He should sit out the entire playoffs and summer and come back next year.
No point in getting hurt again.

bluechox2
04-29-2013, 06:44 PM
wud be funny if rose comes back and puts up a mvp performance

flipogb
04-29-2013, 07:27 PM
90 percent and still a maybe, lol.

lpublic_enemyl
04-29-2013, 07:38 PM
at this point he should just stay out, they aren't gonna beat miami 4 times

Clifton
04-29-2013, 07:51 PM
They match up pretty well, though. Noah on Bosh, Hinrich on Wade, and Deng on Lebron. And meanwhile, the Heat have no shotblocking to counter a player like Rose.

I think the Bulls are a greater threat to the Heat than the Knicks. Though to be honest, I would not be surprised to see the Heat lose to either team. The Heat are the favorites obviously, but they could lose.

Lebron23
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
http://unlocked.footlocker.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SS13_Rose_3.5_Category_TrqsGld_G59653_01-800x599.jpg

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/celebrity-sneaker-watch-derrick-rose-in-adidas-rose-3.5-year-of-the-snake.jpg

http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/derrick-rose-adidas-rose-3_5-year-of-the-snake%281%29.jpg

http://counterkicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/adidas-d-rose-3.5-year-of-the-snake-2.jpg

We might See Derrick Rose wear this shoes if he plays in the post season.

LosScandalous
04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
:applause: Rose will have an Adrian Peterson type comeback and shit on the heat. They can beat them 4 times.

LosScandalous
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
We might See Derrick Rose wear this shoes if he plays in the post season.

The blue color scheme looks ugly on classic bulls uniforms. Now I don't want him to come back if this is true.

(e)
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
The blue color scheme looks ugly on classic bulls uniforms. Now I don't want him to come back if this is true.
He wouldn't wear those lol

aj1987
04-30-2013, 01:34 AM
So, the Miami Heat aren't stacked enough to beat the Bulls? These haters (i.e. ripthekik, etc.) are ridiculous. I'm going to say it one more time. Yeah, the 2011 comparison isn't fair. It's not because the Bulls have gotten better or anything but because the Heat have gotten infinitely better. Lebron has been playing like the GOAT. Wade, who has usually sucked against the Bulls, has played really well against them this year (20/5.5/4/2.5/2 on 57%). Lets not forget about the additions of Ray Allen, Norris Cole, Shane Battier, Chris Andersen, and Rashard Lewis. Mario Chalmers has also gotten a lot better since 2011.

The Bulls team on the other hand, if Rose comes back, do not have the 2011 MVP Rose. They have the "I just got back from an ACL tear" Rose . They were also the best defensive team in 2011. Granted, they are still a good defensive team, but no where near as good as the 2011 team.
So please tell me. How are Bulls going to beat THIS Heat team?

ripthekik
04-30-2013, 02:13 AM
The Bulls team on the other hand, if Rose comes back, do not have the 2011 MVP Rose. They have the "I just got back from an ACL tear" Rose . They were also the best defensive team in 2011. Granted, they are still a good defensive team, but no where near as good as the 2011 team.
So please tell me. How are Bulls going to beat THIS Heat team?
That's the thing, it's not the injured rose we're talking about. Heat fans statements "we've already beaten a Rose-led Bulls" is assuming that, even if a healthy rose plays, the bulls will still lose.

I'm just saying that's not a legit statement. And that statement was made throughout last season, this season, before now. It's based on the notion that once you beat one team.. you can beat them forever. So I asked what would happened if Lebron face that mavs team again.

Of course, this season Heat has already the highway to the championship. But with a healthy rose and healthy team you never know, at least there is a bigger chance than now

aj1987
04-30-2013, 02:43 AM
That's the thing, it's not the injured rose we're talking about. Heat fans statements "we've already beaten a Rose-led Bulls" is assuming that, even if a healthy rose plays, the bulls will still lose.

I'm just saying that's not a legit statement. And that statement was made throughout last season, this season, before now. It's based on the notion that once you beat one team.. you can beat them forever. So I asked what would happened if Lebron face that mavs team again.

Of course, this season Heat has already the highway to the championship. But with a healthy rose and healthy team you never know, at least there is a bigger chance than now
They only say that because Miami has gotten much better. The first year together, it was too much iso and hero ball from Wade and Lebron. They're playing a lot better now. Let me give you an example. If the Lakers beat the Spurs in '99 without Shaq and they were facing off again in '01, with Shaq, wouldn't you say that they would beat the Spurs handily, give the fact that they already beat them without Shaq? I'm not saying that Miami has acquired anything close prime Shaq in the last two years, but the team is a lot better. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls got swept. The Bulls team got degraded (loss of Rose) and they Heat team got upgraded (Allen, Battier, Cole, Andersen, Lewis and improved existing players). Hence, Miami beat the Bulls in 2011 and they'll do it again.

MMM
04-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Seems like Rose is only coming back after the Bulls upset the Heat without him.

uoykcuf
04-30-2013, 03:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/odmM7.jpg