PDA

View Full Version : "As a competitor, you wanna play against the greatest... against the best" - LBJ

kshutts1
04-19-2013, 12:13 PM
:roll:

Quote came from ESPN interview with LBJ that I just saw on ESPN.

Is that why you teamed up with the best (other than you, at the time) in the league?

KungFuJoe
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
You obviously didn't hear the entire interview...if you had, you would have noticed the part in the end when Lebron says:

"But if you can't beat em, join em!"

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
hahahahaha

daj0264
04-19-2013, 12:24 PM
:coleman:

kshutts1
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
You obviously didn't hear the entire interview...if you had, you would have noticed the part in the end when Lebron says:

...Should have joined the Celtics then...

Nuff Said
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM

I don't think Bosh or Wade we're his biggest competition at the time. I would say that would go for Ray Allen though.

Scholar
04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah, LeBron can say that all he wants to, but I don't see him building a time machine to travel back to March 2nd, 1962, to stop Wilt Chamberlain from dropping 100 PTs.

Actions speak louder than words, LBJ.

Psycho
04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
What are you guys laughing about. Lebron joined Wade and Bosh so he could go against them everyday in practice instead of waiting for games all the time.

longtime lurker
04-19-2013, 12:36 PM

I lol'd

(e)
04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think Bosh or Wade we're his biggest competition at the time. I would say that would go for Ray Allen though.
Are you high? Wade was definitely one of his biggest threats, and still would be if they didn't team up.

bumpyknucks
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Shut up. Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Bird had Mchale, Parish...what

24r2
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
:lol :lol

Indian guy
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't think Bosh or Wade we're his biggest competition at the time.

Wade and Bosh weren't anybody's competition at that time. They had failed to make it past the first round for a combined 7 straight seasons prior to teaming up with LeBron.

pegasus
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=bumpyknucks]Shut up. Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Bird had Mchale, Parish...what

pegasus
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Wade and Bosh weren't anybody's competition at that time. They had failed to make it past the first round for a combined 7 straight seasons prior to teaming up with LeBron.
So you're saying they are not good?:lol

russwest0
04-19-2013, 12:47 PM
LMAO LeBron is a ****ing CLOWN

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ukballer
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
****ing trolls, reaching so badly at anything. :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I heard him say this a while ago. there should be a stickied thread called "whine about Lebron/Kobe".

Akhenaten
04-19-2013, 12:52 PM
So you're saying they are not good?:lol

Aint that what you wake out your bed and everyday and claim?
you defecate on Wade every opportunity you get, you even claim Ginobli's is better than him :roll:

so now he's a world beater when it suit you smh
lame ass square

pegasus
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Aint that what you wake out your bed and everyday and claim?
you defecate on Wade every opportunity you get, you even claim Ginobli's is better than him :roll:

so now he's a world beater when it suit you smh
lame ass square
Wade is the best at slashing and getting calls (fakes/initiates contact, but still gets calls), and now has been hitting from mid-range at a very efficient rate. So yes, he is a superstar, and I never said that he wasn't. Ginobili's had a more accomplished career and should be listed ahead of him (at least for now); that's what I said before, dumbass.

And Bosh is a great player who gets criminally underrated because he plays with two ball dominant players (one of them can play off the ball luckily for them, and the other one is just a stat-padding ball-less ball hog).

taucesays
[QUOTE=bumpyknucks]Shut up. Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Bird had Mchale, Parish...what

dh144498
oh Lebron. Earned not given. :applause:

:lol

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah man, that Lebron and Bosh rivalry was one for the ages...

And since when were Lebron and Wade rivals? They had a few big regular season games but never matched up in the playoffs. Even in the regular season games, I recall one of them would make a big shot and the other would laugh and then just and reply back with a huge shot. The whole game they would go back and forth but they were always great friends. That was no rivalry. The only real rivalries Lebron had were against Celtics (biggest rivals), Magic, and Wizards (not really anymore).

imnew09
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
No one actually take Lebron's word seriously after what he did/said to Cleveland. Such a phony.

dh144498
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah man, that Lebron and Bosh rivalry was one for the ages...

And since when were Lebron and Wade rivals? They had a few big regular season games but never matched up in the playoffs. Even in the regular season games, I recall one of them would make a big shot and the other would laugh and then just and reply back with a huge shot. The whole game they would go back and forth but they were always great friends. That was no rivalry. The only real rivalries Lebron had were against Celtics (biggest rivals), Magic, and Wizards (not really anymore).

April 2013, first post.

Guess some Lebron stan did not have the courage to stand up for his idol so had to make a gimmick to carry out the non-sense. Such cowards.

r15mohd
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
No one actually take Lebron's word seriously after what he did/said to Cleveland. Such a phony.

what exactly did he say or do? :confusedshrug:

ukballer
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Jordan - Drafted
Pippen - Drafted
Magic - Drafted
Worthy - Drafted
Bird - Drafted
McHale - Drafted

Miami Cheat - Top player collusion and ring chasers

Notice the difference?

The fact you say Cheat proves how salty you are. :lol

tpols
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM

This n!gga silly

taucesays
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM
what exactly did he say or do? :confusedshrug:

He broke up with them with the delicacy of a 15 year old girl.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
April 2013, first post.

Guess some Lebron stan did not have the courage to stand up for his idol so had to make a gimmick to carry out the non-sense. Such cowards.

I just found this website about a month ago and created an account today. Believe it or not, not everyone's a troll like you. I'd be bashing Lebron if he had went to the Celtics, Spurs, or Lakers. But with Miami, nah. Him and Wade were always good friends.

taucesays
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
The fact you say Cheat proves how salty you are. :lol

Not really salty. I'm not an idiotic fan that thinks the Lakers will win every year. I'm not worried. The Lakers are a franchise built on championships not tax breaks. You care to bring any information to the debate or are you just gonna talk trash to people on the internet?

pegasus
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I just found this website about a month ago and created an account today. Believe it or not, not everyone's a troll like you. I'd be bashing Lebron if he had went to the Celtics, Spurs, or Lakers. But with Miami, nah. Him and Wade were always good friends.

Then he should say "As a bitch-made school boy, you wanna play with your best friends because it's cute."

Akhenaten
04-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Wade is the best at slashing and getting calls (fakes/initiates contact, but still gets calls),

That doesn't sound like a very good player, let alone a great player
if your BEST quality is drawing fouls but flopping and initiating contact, you are NOT a superstar player

you basically just put Wade on the same level as Corey Magette and Kevin Martin, guys adept at drawing fouls but certainly nothing special.

this is what you use to butress your argument that Lebron is on a stacked team you blasted DUNCE.

I don't understand you wake up EVERYDAY, log in to the internet to type FOOLISHNESS.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Then he should say "As a bitch-made school boy, you wanna play with your best friends because it's cute."

Ok...

r15mohd
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
if your BEST quality is drawing fouls but flopping and initiating contact, you are NOT a superstar player

you basically just put Wade on the same level as Corey Magette and Kevin Martin, guys adept at drawing fouls but certainly nothing special.

this is what you use to butress your argument that Lebron is on a stacked team you blasted DUNCE.

I don't understand you wake up EVERYDAY, log in to the internet to type FOOLISHNESS.

:lol :lol :lol

pegasus
04-19-2013, 01:19 PM

I said he is the best slasher, as in "best in the NBA"; how hard did you try to overlook that part? He puts a lot more pressure on the opponents that way than Lebron and his bulldozing into defenders tactic. And he is a good passer and shot blocker too. Whether you or I like it or not, he is a superstar, and a top 6-7 player in this league. I loathe him, but that's a fact.

And who are you by the way? This is obviously your alt account. You have your hand so far up your own butt to make that "puppet" talk that you're not even paying attention to what shit it's saying.

Ne 1
04-19-2013, 01:19 PM

LeBron was the best player in the league, but he jumped on to a team with the "other" best player in the NBA who had also been putting together historical statistical seasons. That is the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Barkley joining in '93, Shaq and Duncan joining from '00-'03 or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade. They colluded together in free agency to create by far the most talented team in the league with not just them but another perennial All-Star.

What LeBron pulled is something not a single top 20 legend would have done, because they have too much competitive pride for that. That's what makes the "decision" even worse, the fact he could choose where to go while in his PRIME and he went to the backyard of a guy who could have easily been argued as being better than him the last two seasons.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 01:22 PM
LeBron was the best player in the league, but he jumped on to a team with the "other" best player in the NBA who had also been putting together historical statistical seasons. That is the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Barkley joining in '93, Shaq and Duncan joining from '00-'03 or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade. They colluded together in free agency to create by far the most talented team in the league with not just them but another perennial All-Star.

What LeBron pulled is something not a single top 20 legend would have done, because they have too much competitive pride for that. That's what makes the "decision" even worse, the fact he could choose where to go while in his PRIME and he went to the backyard of a guy who could have easily been argued as being better than him the last two seasons.

Would people be saying all this even if he went to play with Bulls? Because, arguably, a Bulls team with Lebron would be even more dominant than the current Heat team.

Akhenaten
04-19-2013, 01:23 PM
For the record I'm more disappointed in Wade more than anybody as a fan
I felt like he quit on us in 10, which was overlooked because of how putrid BRAWN performed in his last three games vs BOS in that same playoffs

Game 1 Wade was on fire, we had a 13 point lead at one juncture
the perfect setting for player to try to win a game "by himself" as Wade's teamates were to put it kindly absolute festering refuse

Wade however IMO in a rather conspicuous manner made a point of not looking for his offense in order to show what little help he had

If he would tried everything to win that first game on the road who knows what happens as guys like Beasely and Chalmers would have confidence having a lead

instead Wade sort of just gave in
I never thought he was the sort, what happened in the following free agency verified my feelings

I been know Lebron ain't have no heart, but Wade really disappoint
and then to see him jumping up and down like some teenage Bieber fan when he heard Lebron was coming made my stomach lurch

Trollsmasher
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
:facepalm

pmj
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Would people be saying all this even if he went to play with Bulls? Because, arguably, a Bulls team with Lebron would be even more dominant than the current Heat team.

This is what is idiotic about it, if Lebron had joined Chicago like a lot of ppl suggested, I'm sorry a lineup of:

Rose / Watson
Deng / Korver
LBJ / Deng
Boozer / Gibson
Noah / Asik

Would have been a lot better than the 2011 Heat.

IncarceratedBob
04-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Wade and Bosh were NOT LeBrons rivals, they were his FRIENDS. You guys act like you dont like playing with your friends, get real. LeBron wanted to have fun and win, and now he's doing both. Hate all you want but LeBron gets to play with his friends and that's all he ever wanted.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 01:30 PM
This is what is idiotic about it, if Lebron had joined Chicago like a lot of ppl suggested, I'm sorry a lineup of:

Rose / Watson
Deng / Korver
LBJ / Deng
Boozer / Gibson
Noah / Asik

I have no doubt they would have better than the 2011 Heat team. What I'm interested in is would Lebron have still faced so much criticism?

Kingwillball
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM

That will be motto for next few years of all teams and players who go against Lebron...

theBIGjabroni
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM
lebron is a fagggot what else is new

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM

:pimp:

pegasus
04-19-2013, 01:37 PM

Rose / Watson
Deng / Korver
LBJ / Deng
Boozer / Gibson
Noah / Asik

I don't think we would have been able to sign both Lebron and Boozer. I'm not glad that we got Boozer, but I'm very glad that we didn't get Lebron. His personality would just not fit our team and the city. He should have signed with the Knicks or stayed put in Cleveland. Amare, Bosh, or Boozer would have joined him in either place.

pegasus
04-19-2013, 01:39 PM
That will be motto for next few years of all teams and players who go against the super stacked Miami team...
Fixed.

Akhenaten
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Wade's Game 4 vs Boston in 2010 did nothing but made me mad
there's a time and place for "ballhogging" and "chucking"

Wade decided to do this after being down 3-0 :facepalm
then had the nerve to say post game that a great player is "supposed to be able to win you one game in a series"

yea, that's true
would have been nice if you would have went for the gusto in a game 1 on the road and possibly give your teammates enough confidence that they might play over their heads

Also Wade's willing acquiescence to BRAWN is also revolting to see at times
he did that same crap in game 2 2011

had 36 points on fire, that was his game to close
coming off the timeout you could see his posture change as he got out the way so Lebron could get some shine (ie get his stats up)

grown adult man babysitting another grown man :mad:
man that thing STILL vex me to this day

Bandito
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't think we would have been able to sign both Lebron and Boozer. I'm not glad that we got Boozer, but I'm very glad that we didn't get Lebron. His personality would just not fit our team and the city. He should have signed with the Knicks or stayed put in Cleveland. Amare, Bosh, or Boozer would have joined him in either place.
Amare didn't want go to Cleveland.

pmj
04-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Boozer didn't sign for the max, so I think that would have worked. I'm not sure Korver would have came though, i think he was around $5 mill if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, you are the wrong person to talk to considering you've been saying Miami was stacked from day 1, but in any of those scenarios I dont think those teams would be much worse, if at all, than the 2011 Heat.

The Bulls lineup + Lebron.
Felton+Gallo+Chandler+LBJ+Amare
Cavs with LBJ + one of Bosh/Boozer/Amare

Weren't the Clippers an option at the time too, with Bledsoe/Gordon/BG/DJ?

All of those teams have strengths and weakness better and worse than the 2011 Heat. I think he chose Miami for his friendship to Wade and the pitch made by Riley, not anything to do with taking shortcuts.

PJR
04-19-2013, 02:02 PM
All of those teams have strengths and weakness better and worse than the 2011 Heat. I think he chose Miami for his friendship to Wade and the pitch made by Riley, not anything to do with taking shortcuts.

These were the exact factors that played into to LeBron choosing to play in Miami, but you can't let facts get in the way of the morons with agendas.

Back to back League MVP's and Finals MVP's on the horizon. Stay mad fa99ots. :oldlol:

r15mohd
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM

thing is, he never had an issue beating them...did he even face any of them in the playoff's?

pegasus
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Boozer didn't sign for the max, so I think that would have worked. I'm not sure Korver would have came though, i think he was around $5 mill if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, you are the wrong person to talk to considering you've been saying Miami was stacked from day 1, but in any of those scenarios I dont think those teams would be much worse, if at all, than the 2011 Heat.

The Bulls lineup + Lebron.
Felton+Gallo+Chandler+LBJ+Amare
Cavs with LBJ + one of Bosh/Boozer/Amare

Weren't the Clippers an option at the time too, with Bledsoe/Gordon/BG/DJ?

I never said that he couldn't have formed a super team somewhere else, but some of those hypothetical teams you mentioned obviously would not have qualified as a super team to the same degree, especially in the West.

NYK was the best option for him to enhance his legacy other than staying in Cleveland, because they are a great franchise who was desperately in need of a savior. Miami, on the other hand, already had one (cuddled by refs, but still).

By the way, you're underrating Bosh. He was and still is better than anyone on those teams except for Rose.

mehyaM24
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
These were the exact factors that played into to LeBron choosing to play in Miami, but you can't let facts get in the way of the morons with agendas.

Back to back League MVP's and Finals MVP's on the horizon. Stay mad fa99ots. :oldlol:

sup samurai swoosh? you riding lebron's nuts now?

Mr Exlax
04-19-2013, 02:19 PM
I still can't find where he joined Boston, Orlando or the Spurs. Those were the only teams to beat him right? I can't find where Miami beat him.

LongLiveTheKing
04-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Why do people say Lebron couldn't beat Dwade and Bosh like they were rivals. They teamed up.
Stay mad.

PJR
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I still can't find where he joined Boston, Orlando or the Spurs. Those were the only teams to beat him right? I can't find where Miami beat him.

:oldlol: These dudes have NOTHING, man. They have to convince themselves that their loathing of LeBron has some semblance of rationality behind it.

Meanwhile LeBron is out here still winning League MVP's like it's nothing.

pmj
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I never said that he couldn't have formed a super team somewhere else, but some of those hypothetical teams you mentioned obviously would not have qualified as a super team to the same degree, especially in the West.

NYK was the best option for him to enhance his legacy other than staying in Cleveland, because they are a great franchise who was desperately in need of a savior. Miami, on the other hand, already had one (cuddled by refs, but still).

By the way, you're underrating Bosh. He was and still is better than anyone on those teams except for Rose.

You are right I don't think much of Bosh. I've never seen a supposed top 15 player where you simply never know if he's going to be a massive pu$$y game to game. As a Bulls fan you should understand b/c I've seen multiple games where Noah shuts him completely down.

He has surprised me with his clutch shot making over the years, but I still think his contribution could easily have been made up by less players, and the team would have been better as well to get actual rebounders and bigs that can finish around the rim (see how much Birdman has helped the team).

I think people get hung up on star power and big names, when the difference between a Wade/Bosh/scrubs team and the others is just not a big or any difference. Now, talking this year where we finally have an offense and got true role players? Ok, but not the 2011 Heat.

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Top 1 player joining Top 3 player.
Nuff said.

Don't understand how lebron fans respect a man like that.. but most lebron fans are pretty young anyways :oldlol:

mehyaM24
04-19-2013, 02:28 PM
:oldlol: These dudes have NOTHING, man. That have to convince themselves that their loathing of LeBron has some semblance of rationality behind it.

Meanwhile LeBron is out here still winning League MVP's like it's nothing. :oldlol:

sooo are you a kobe fan or shameless lebrick stan?

PJR
04-19-2013, 02:35 PM
sooo are you a kobe fan or shameless lebrick stan?

I'm your daddy, and I wish your mother swallowed you.

pegasus
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
You are right I don't think much of Bosh. I've never seen a supposed top 15 player where you simply never know if he's going to be a massive pu$$y game to game. As a Bulls fan you should understand b/c I've seen multiple games where Noah shuts him completely down.

He has surprised me with his clutch shot making over the years, but I still think his contribution could easily have been made up by less players, and the team would have been better as well to get actual rebounders and bigs that can finish around the rim (see how much Birdman has helped the team).

I think people get hung up on star power and big names, when the difference between a Wade/Bosh/scrubs team and the others is just not a big or any difference. Now, talking this year where we finally have an offense and got true role players? Ok, but not the 2011 Heat.
This thread is about what he has done vs. what he says. Joining the Heat in 2010 was not the last thing he's done to show that he's an idiot for saying things like ~see the title~.

He actively and openly recruited Ray Allen from their biggest rival in the off-season. I believe he had also contacted Battier back in 2011. So he didn't stop at joining Wade and Bosh. If the salary cap would allow, he'd also go after Howard this summer.

Kovach
04-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Meanwhile LeBron is out here still winning League MVP's like it's nothing.
Such an amazing accomplishment. And Tiger Woods is clearly the greatest athlete of all time, ESPYs can't be argued against.

All Net
04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Nuff said.

Don't understand how lebron fans respect a man like that.. but most lebron fans are pretty young anyways :oldlol:

It's called free agency for a reason....it's like people are saying he forced a trade there.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Nuff said.

I've only been on this site for around a month but why're you so obsessed with Lebron? Do you think anyone respects a guy like you that spends all of his time trolling?

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 02:54 PM
It's called free agency for a reason....it's like people are saying he forced a trade there.
But there's also something else called competition..

same reason monopoly is outlawed in society..

ShaqAttack3234
04-19-2013, 02:57 PM
And Lebron has Wade AND Bosh, and a great role/bench players that most superstars should/would win with, without Wade or Bosh.

You really want to get into the rest of those 80's Laker and Celtic casts? After Kareem and Magic, the Lakers usually had an additional 2-3 all-stars as well as Michael Cooper who has to be in the discussion for greatest role player ever.

Mid to late 80's Celtics? Two elite players in Bird and McHale, two other hall of famers in Parish and DJ, at one point, the sixth man of the year Bill Walton and Danny Ainge who even made an all-star team himself.

Exactly, I would never fault a player for playing out his contract and then choosing to sign elsewhere. Much better than a trade demand at least, and a lot of players get a pass on those.

DaSeba5
04-19-2013, 03:01 PM
I still laugh at the people who said he joined with the best or with his rivals.

When? How many times did he play Wade and Bosh in the playoffs? How many times did he have to go through them to make the Finals? When was Bosh the best?

LeBron knows he did it wrong, but he had the right to go where ever he wanted. I can't fault a player for leaving in FA.

SpurrDurr
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Finally LeBron got the grasp of sarcasm . :applause:

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I still laugh at the people who said he joined with the best or with his rivals.

When? How many times did he play Wade and Bosh in the playoffs? How many times did he have to go through them to make the Finals? When was Bosh the best?

Who was the next best player in the eastern conference? Not to mention the 3rd best nba player that season? Do you not expect to beat the next best player in the conference everytime you meet them? They didn't meet in the playoffs, but they had a lot of great head-to-head matchups.

When you're the best nba player in the whole league, 2 times defending MVP, there's just no reason to join someone like that.

Feel free to continue to root for him, but anyone should see that it was a cowardly act.

Haymaker
04-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Jordan - Drafted
Pippen - Drafted
Magic - Drafted
Worthy - Drafted
Bird - Drafted
McHale - Drafted

Notice the difference?

This :applause:

All Net
04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
But there's also something else called competition..

same reason monopoly is outlawed in society..

Bosh nor Wade were his competition. Thats the point. His options were to stay with a flawed roster in Cleveland, go to a bad Knicks team and be in the same place as he was in Cleveland or lead a team as the best player and compete for championships.

He made the decision most should make when it's the same kind of money. You act like he took the MLE.

Miami had basically no guys under contract...he wasn't going there with anybody current under contract.

DaSeba5
04-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Who was the next best player in the eastern conference? Not to mention the 3rd best nba player that season? Do you not expect to beat the next best player in the conference everytime you meet them? They didn't meet in the playoffs, but they had a lot of great head-to-head matchups.

When you're the best nba player in the whole league, 2 times defending MVP, there's just no reason to join someone like that.

Feel free to continue to root for him, but anyone should see that it was a cowardly act.

It was not cowardly. He had the right to do it. He was never going to win a championship in Cleveland. The problem was that he did it the wrong way. He should have never done the Decision and had that big celebration. He was leaving Cleveland no matter what whether it was for NY, Chicago, Miami, or even Brooklyn. Not once has he been carried by his "super star" teammates or his role players. The team is built around him and Wade. Last year, he was clearly their best player. He banged with bigs all playoffs and put up amazing stats to lead his team to a title. He was their clear best player on the team, and he's not even in my top 3 favorite players.

You would have had a better argument if they won in 2011. LeBron was awful in that series, so if Wade carried them to a title then you would have a better argument. Even with Wade and Bosh, they have had great series against Boston, Chicago, and Indiana so far in the East. You act like Miami put Durant, LeBron, and CP3 on the same team. We still got very dramatic good playoff basketball.

Odinn
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=bumpyknucks]Shut up. Jordan had Pippen, [B]Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Bird had Mchale, Parish...what

DaSeba5
04-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Jordan - Drafted
Pippen - Drafted
Magic - Drafted
Worthy - Drafted
Bird - Drafted
McHale - Drafted

Notice the difference?

This is so fvcking stupid IDK where to begin.

Wade was drafted by Miami, and they won a title. How? By getting Shaq here.

Free Agency is part of the game. If the Lakers were a great team and won a title this year, nobody would be saying this. Miami did not cheat in any way. They convinced two guys to take less money and join Wade, and then with great management they built a championship roster around this big 3 with little money. That's not cheating. It's not my fault the other franchises can't do that.

kshutts1
04-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Didn't expect 5+ pages.. but then again, I do have "LBJ" in the title.

To expound on my reason for creating the thread...

First, I love that Lebron took less money and accepted a ton of (expected) criticism to join a team where he had a phenomenal shot at multiple titles. Most athletes say it's "all about winning" and then turn around and chase the all-mighty dollar.

I don't mind players chasing the dollar; they have ever right to. But why lie and say you care about winning when, in reality, you care about winning only if you're being paid as much as you expect?

Reason I posted the quote is because, as much as I respect Lebron for making the same decision I hope I would make (choosing winning over money/PR), I disrespect him for trying to turn around now and say something that so blatantly flies in the face of his past actions.

Stay true to yourself and what you believe. Either sign with your uber-talented friends for less money with the sole purpose of winning titles, and accept that burden...
or
be a "competitor" who, in your own words, wants to "play against the greatest... the best".

All Net
04-19-2013, 03:22 PM
They played against each other. LeBron doesn't need this much help to win it all.

You don't win titles without help...just impossible.

PJR
04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
LeBron is held to a standard no other star has been held to in HISTORY, by some of these morons. It's quite amazing. I guess it's just a testament to his greatness as a player.

LeBron SHOULD win titles, but he shouldn't have any great players around him. And if he does, they can't be too great, or in the primes, or his accomplishments don't hold as much weight.

Do you realize how incredibly stupid that sounds?

At what point did the game become about 1 single great player leading a bunch of misfits to the title?

If we're going to penalize LeBron for playing with other great players, We've got some history to revise.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Didn't expect 5+ pages.. but then again, I do have "LBJ" in the title.

To expound on my reason for creating the thread...

First, I love that Lebron took less money and accepted a ton of (expected) criticism to join a team where he had a phenomenal shot at multiple titles. Most athletes say it's "all about winning" and then turn around and chase the all-mighty dollar.

I don't mind players chasing the dollar; they have ever right to. But why lie and say you care about winning when, in reality, you care about winning only if you're being paid as much as you expect?

Reason I posted the quote is because, as much as I respect Lebron for making the same decision I hope I would make (choosing winning over money/PR), I disrespect him for trying to turn around now and say something that so blatantly flies in the face of his past actions.

Stay true to yourself and what you believe. Either sign with your uber-talented friends for less money with the sole purpose of winning titles, and accept that burden...
or
be a "competitor" who, in your own words, wants to "play against the greatest... the best".

You should've posted this as the original post. Would have gotten much better replies. I get the general sentiment but let's say Wade signed with the Cavs. How would you feel then?

Mr Exlax
04-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Nuff said.

Was he beaten by a better player or a better team?
Same thing for Dwade?

I'm old enough to not hate anybody. I'm old enough to know that if I leave a company to get with a better company that doesn't discredit my skills or accomplishments.

Ne 1
04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
You don't win titles without help...just impossible.

Nobody is saying that. The thing is that LeBron visibly pouted and quit on his team in an odd turn of events after game 3 vs Boston in 2010. He then BEGGED for help to get a ring and colluded to move to another top 1-3 superstar's franchise and city who had also already acquired another top 15-20 perennial All-Star/Top 5 PF in the league because the route to a ring and multiple rings was tremendously easier than it would have been with the Cavs, Knicks, Nets Bulls or Clippers. Hence why he said they would win 8 rings and why he said "once the game starts, it's gonna be easy" and why Wade said "I feel sorry for whoever has to guard us."

PJR
04-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Nobody is saying that. The thing is that LeBron visibly pouted and quit on his team in an odd turn of events after game 3 vs Boston in 2010. He then BEGGED for help to get a ring and colluded

It's obvious you don't know what colluded means, and I mean both the dictionary definition, and the NBA's wording. :oldlol:

All Net
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Nobody is saying that. The thing is that LeBron visibly pouted and quit on his team in an odd turn of events after game 3 vs Boston in 2010. He then BEGGED for help to get a ring and colluded to move to another top 1-3 superstar's franchise and city who had also already acquired another top 15-20 perennial All-Star/Top 5 PF in the league because the route to a ring and multiple rings was tremendously easier than it would have been with the Cavs, Knicks, Nets Bulls or Clippers. Hence why he said they would win 8 rings and why he said "once the game starts, it's gonna be easy" and why Wade said "I feel sorry for whoever has to guard us."

If Lebron was given enough help in his first 7 years there he likely would of stayed. I think that what it comes down to...he got tired of waiting for help. Yeah he had some bad moments but also had some amazing moments in the playoffs. Like most great players there is only so much he could of done. The other places he could of gone would of still limited him getting the required help.

jlip
04-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Why is this still being discussed like it's August of 2010?

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
LeBron is held to a standard no other star has been held to in HISTORY, by some of these morons. It's quite amazing. I guess it's just a testament to his greatness as a player.

LeBron SHOULD win titles, but he shouldn't have any great players around him. And if he does, they can't be too great, or in the primes, or his accomplishments don't hold as much weight.

Do you realize how incredibly stupid that sounds?

At what point did the game become about 1 single great player leading a bunch of misfits to the title?

If we're going to penalize LeBron for playing with other great players, We've got some history to revise.
It's not about the fact he plays with other great players. It's never been about that ... this "woe is me" act from you, other LeBron stans, or the few actual Miami fans on this board is alarming.

The entire nation didn't get upset at this team for no reason.

It's how they came together, what players were chosen, and the number of talent collected through shady collaboration. They essentially stacked the deck to VERBATIM win rings, easily.

"Once the game starts ... it's gonna be easy"

"Not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8"

How can anyone with the right competitive mentality be proud of doing this?

They were "stat padding" their career resume portion of NBA championships. All the hard work, struggle, which makes a ring so much sweeter. Totally circumvented. How anyone can deny this is BEYOND me.

From a competitive perspective, it was disgusting what these three stars did. And it should be easy given the amount of game changing talent they formed together. Along with a TON of really good role players.

You mean to tell me the generation before it wouldn't have been easy for MJ, who couldn't get past the Pistons (Celtics of 2008 - 2010) to say eff this ... I'm taking the easy way out. Join CB34 in Philly, and bring a Danny Manning type PF over as well?

Hoopz2332
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
haters, specifically Kobe stans are still salty I see:oldlol: This is news to me about Wade and Boshbeing lebron biggest rivals and competition.

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
haters, specifically Kobe stans are still salty I see:oldlol: This is news to me about Wade and Boshbeing lebron biggest rivals and competition.
On an individual level, specifically in the ECF ... Wade was LeBron's biggest rival.

Hoopz2332
04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
On an individual level, specifically in the ECF ... Wade was LeBron's biggest rival.

In those years, the Heat weren't anywhere on the Cavs level. Lebron's main comp was the Celtics and Paul Pierce.

PJR
04-19-2013, 04:15 PM
It's not about the fact he plays with other great players. It's never been about that ... this "woe is me" act from you, other LeBron stans, or the few actual Miami fans on this board is alarming.

It's how they came together, what players were chosen, and the number of talent collected through shady collaboration. They essentially stacked the deck to VERBATIM win rings, easily.

"Once the game starts ... it's gonna be easy"

"Not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8"

How can anyone with the right competitive mentality be proud of doing this?

C'mon my dude, none of this shit matters. :oldlol:

The way a team got together is irrelevent on the floor. If other players/teams won with comparable cast, and their best player was given credit for such, why not in this circumstance? Because of some shit off court? A pre-season party got your jimmies that rustled? Just letting emotion factor in where it has no business.

And you can't compare this situation to situations of the past.

The game has changed. Salary cap rules have changed too. There was a hard cap in the mid to late 80's. And unrestricted free agency didn't even exist prior to 1988. It's different game, and a different league. So I don't really care to compare two scenarios that really aren't that much comparable.

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 04:20 PM
In those years, the Heat weren't anywhere on the Cavs level. Lebron's main comp was the Celtics and Paul Pierce.
Agreed, as was Wade's ... they both ran into the stacked Celtics team.

Wade was the best individual player not named LeBron in the conference. How can you deny this?

If Wade got a piece or two in free agency in 2010, he'd be competing again in the ECF.

If people who defend LeBron for THIS are making the case it was cause Bron didn't have any talent in Cleveland to legit compete for a ring (and I agree, even though LeBron sold them short in 2010 by quitting) ...

Why couldn't he pull a 2007 Kobe, and complain publicly in order to force Cavs management to make moves or know the outcome? Which would be him "taking his talents" elsewhere if they didn't provide him legit weapons to compete with the Celtics.

He totally lead the Cavs on acting as if he might stay. In the process dick teasing NYC and Chicago, too. If he had any respect for the Cavs organization he wouldn't have done that.

All LeBron needed was a Bosh type caliber player, and he could've balled to the 100% of his capabilities statistically and from an entertaining performance perspective, enhancing his legacy and still could've eventually won championships. Without this built in excuse of "ring chasing", "ring stat padding" and stacking the deck competitively in his own favor.

The obvious fact is he took a short cut. The pressure to win rings was clearly getting to him. He wanted to stack the deck in order to win, win BIG, and win NOW. Anyone claiming other is in denial.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Agreed, as was Wade's ... they both ran into the stacked Celtics team.

Wade was the best individual player not named LeBron in the conference. How can you deny this?

If Wade got a piece or two in free agency in 2010, he'd be competing again in the ECF.

If people who defend LeBron for THIS are making the case it was cause Bron didn't have any talent in Cleveland to legit compete for a ring (and I agree, even though LeBron sold them short in 2010 by quitting) ...

Why couldn't he pull a 2007 Kobe, and complain publicly in order to force Cavs management to make moves or know the outcome? Which would be him "taking his talents" elsewhere if they didn't provide him legit weapons to compete with the Celtics.

He totally lead the Cavs on acting as if he might stay. In the process dick teasing NYC and Chicago, too. If he had any respect for the Cavs organization he wouldn't have done that.

All LeBron needed was a Bosh type caliber player, and he could've balled to the 100% of his capabilities statistically and from an entertaining performance perspective, enhancing his legacy and still could've eventually won championships. Without this built in excuse of "ring chasing", "ring stat padding" and stacking the deck competitively in his own favor.

The obvious fact is he took a short cut. The pressure to win rings was clearly getting to him. He wanted to stack the deck in order to win, win BIG, and win NOW. Anyone claiming other is in denial.

I asked this before as well, but I'll direct it to you specifically. Would your reaction be any different if he signed with the Bulls instead of Heat?

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
I asked this before as well, but I'll direct it to you specifically. Would your reaction be any different if he signed with the Bulls instead of Heat?
I honestly don't know.

I know for certain if he was going out there claiming it would be easy, and not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8 type talk ... I'd be very embarrassed.

But the Bulls also wouldn't have talent like Wade or Bosh to feel embarrassed about stacking the deck competitively.

Rose was very good, not yet "MVP" caliber, but he still wasn't as good as Wade was of 2005 or 2006, let alone Wade coming off his 2009 and 2010 campaigns at his peak.

I was clamoring for Wade in the summer of 2010, though. Not LeBron. I still saw glaring flaws in his maturity levels, his intangibles, and his will / competitive fire.

Joining Wade was probably the best fit for him to ultimately mature. Someone whom he respected, both on the floor and off the floor who was near his equal to rub off on him.

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 04:28 PM
C'mon my dude, none of this shit matters. :oldlol:
Absolutely it does. What planet are you from? Do you even play ball, bro? :oldlol:

Go to a court with relative equal talent, and then watch a team full of community college players come in ... of greater talent. And let's say they don't split the teams up. They just want to play together.

That creates an awesome competitive balance, right? LOL ... stop it. That's why when you pick teams, the two best players get chosen first on opposite teams. It makes things COMPETITIVE.

How they came together absolutely matters. You're just a Miami Heat fan, with a Heat homer butt plug refusing to admit otherwise. No one is denying their success. No one is denying they haven't faced competition along the way. To act like how they came together isn't unfair from a competitive vantage point is being blissfully and willfully ignorant and stupid.

Hoopz2332
04-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I honestly don't know.

I know for certain if he was going out there claiming it would be easy, and not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8 type talk ... I'd be very embarrassed.

But the Bulls also wouldn't have talent like Wade or Bosh to feel embarrassed about stacking the deck competitively.

Rose was very good, not yet "MVP" caliber, but he still wasn't as good as Wade was of 2005 or 2006, let alone Wade coming off his 2009 and 2010 campaigns at his peak.

I was clamoring for Wade in the summer of 2010, though. Not LeBron. I still saw glaring flaws in his maturity levels, his intangibles, and his will / competitive fire.

Joining Wade was probably the best fit for him to ultimately mature. Someone whom he respected, both on the floor and off the floor who was near his equal to rub off on him.

If lebron would have signed with the Bulls he would have a better and more ready made title contending team than he did the first year on the heat. Outisde of the Big 3, the first year heat sucked and was top heavy. The Bulls that same year were more well rounded and if you would have plugged in lebron, they would have beasted.

PJR
04-19-2013, 04:33 PM
The funny thing about the Bulls situation is had LeBron joined them, it would've truly been an EASY route to the title. Knowing what we know today about Rose and his caliber of play , and Thibs as a coach with his defensive scheming. And the fact that there was had elite size & rebouding, rim protection with Noah and Boozer, & even Asik(a double double starting caliber center) off the bench. They flip Deng for a shooter or two, and
that team is pushing 70 games out the gate, and would be historically great defensivly.

I just thank god Miami had Pat Riley, and a player in Wade, who LeBron had a friendship with as recruiting tools. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
If lebron would have signed with the Bulls he would have a better and more ready made title contending team than he did the first year on the heat.
For a season, maybe. That's it. Definitely not dominant or long term like the Heat's talent would afford him. Regardless if top heavy. But I don't even know how you can claim that ... he made the Finals his first year with the Heat.

Don't try to act like LeBron made a decision for a more difficult road to championships playing alongside Wade and Bosh in Miami, than going to the Bulls with well rounded role players and niche guys outside of Rose.

The Heat still got to the Finals. So your point that the Bulls were more title contending ready is ABSURD. The Heat SHOULD'VE won a ring. That's how much better and more talented they were than Dallas. But LeBron HIMSELF pouted and threw the series because he didn't like the narrative of how they might win it.

Outisde of the Big 3, the first year heat sucked and was top heavy.
Agreed. But that top three is so GREAT, it off sets even a shallow roster outside of it.

Boston was stacked and well rounded, and the Heat mainly with just great performances from LeBron and Wade managed to beat them. That's how great those two are alone, not even including Bosh.

Now? Not only does Miami have a great big three, they have outstanding role players and niche pieces. This 2013 Heat team is one of the best teams of all-time.

Totally stacked, and elite superstar talent.

chosen_wun
04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Pretty weird quote from Lebron since Wade was the 2nd best player in 09', but oh well lol.

knicksman
04-19-2013, 04:43 PM
yah thats why you wear no. 23 before and no. 6 now.. Never knew a frontrunner and a competitor could be the same person

PJR
04-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Absolutely it does. What planet are you from? Do you even play ball, bro? :oldlol:

Go to a court with relative equal talent, and then watch a team full of community college players come in ... of greater talent. And let's say they don't split the teams up. They just want to play together.

That creates an awesome competitive balance, right? LOL ... stop it. That's why when you pick teams, the two best players get chosen first on opposite teams. It makes things COMPETITIVE.

How they came together absolutely matters. You're just a Miami Heat fan, with a Heat homer butt plug refusing to admit otherwise. No one is denying their success. No one is denying they haven't faced competition along the way. To act like how they came together isn't unfair from a competitive vantage point is being blissfully and willfully ignorant and stupid.

The NBA isn't the Y, or streetball, playboy. It's big business all around.

When an owner, GM, or player doesn't give 100% effort to win, fans complain and are critical of the fact they don't try hard enough to put the best possible product on the floor.

And they have every right to complain.

But now, an owner, GM, and 3 players give 110% effort to put the best possible team together with the resources available, and fans are saying they're trying TOO hard to win, :oldlol: !

It's a joke. And incredibly stupid.

The people who were outraged about the Heat simply does not use reason, but some bandwagon indignation that has little basis in the league and it's history.

pmj
04-19-2013, 04:52 PM

"The way we're going to challenge each other in practice... Once the game starts ... it's gonna be easy"

"Not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8. And I really believe we can win multiple championships if we take care of business and do things the right way."

Added the parts of the quotes you were missing.

Mr. Jabbar
04-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Lmao

ConanRulesNBC
04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I love LeBron's game. He is without a doubt one of the GOAT. But he's the biggest f*cking ***** in NBA history.

kshutts1
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
You should've posted this as the original post. Would have gotten much better replies. I get the general sentiment but let's say Wade signed with the Cavs. How would you feel then?

The signing itself didn't bother me. Along those same lines, Wade joining Lebron in Cleveland, or LBJ going to Chicago wouldn't bother me. What bothers me is Lebron's actions saying one thing, but then he paints an entirely different picture with his words.

He clearly took the easy way to titles... which I"m ok with!!!... but then to back track and say it's about "competition" and "beating the best"... that doesn't jive with what he DID. That's all.

If he joined Chicago under the pretense of winning titles, I'd be fine with it.. particularly so since I'm a Chicago fan. Likewise if Wade joined LBJ in Cleveland under the pretense of winning titles. But if either of them came out a year or two later and talked about how important competition and beating the best to be the best... then yes, I'd still "flame" them.

The-Legend-24
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
:oldlol:

DJ Leon Smith
04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
The NBA isn't the Y, or streetball, playboy. It's big business all around.

When an owner, GM, or player doesn't give 100% effort to win, fans complain and are critical of the fact they don't try hard enough to put the best possible product on the floor.

You mean like if a GM doesn't give 100% effort, like if they don't give their superstar what he wants, such as signing players like Larry Hughes.

Yes, the Cavs could have possibly put a better supporting cast around LeBron, but some of their terrible moves were done at his request. If he was really an alpha he would have convinced other stars to play with him, or at least done a Kobe/Jordan/Pierce and demanded the team make moves or he's gone.

Great player, but he's left himself open to criticism forever. I can't stand Kobe but at least he won on his terms and forced his team to make moves, not just (for example) going to the Spurs as a FA to stack the West and avoid TD because he thinks the issue is simply winning rings, not competing for rings. LeBron's mindset is "I need this ring to be considered great, what's the easiest way to get it" not "I want to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best".

PJR
04-19-2013, 05:28 PM
You mean like if a GM doesn't give 100% effort, like if they don't give their superstar what he wants, such as signing players like Larry Hughes.

Yes, the Cavs could have possibly put a better supporting cast around LeBron, but some of their terrible moves were done at his request. If he was really an alpha he would have convinced other stars to play with him, or at least done a Kobe/Jordan/Pierce and demanded the team make moves or he's gone.

This is nonsense.

LeBron told Jim Paxson to allow Carlos Boozer to become an unrestricted free agent, so they can agree to terms on a deal (illegally), opening the door for the Utah Jazz to offer him a more lucrative contract?

LeBron wanted the Cavs to draft Luke Jackson with their sole lottery pick in that era?

LeBron wanted Larry Hughes and Damon friggin Jones as opposed to two star sharpshooters/perimeter scorers in Michael Redd and Ray Allen who were also free agents?

Please.

And if any GM is consluting players on all his moves beforehand, they need to immediately be fired. Because that's not how an organization should be ran in the first place. A Players job description is to..... play.

Hell, If Jerry Krause listented to Michael Jordan enough, the Bulls would have never won shit. :oldlol:

Great player, but he's left himself open to criticism forever.

Yes, but only to people who lack logic, reason, and perspective.

Akhenaten
04-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Pretty weird quote from Lebron since Wade was the best player in 09', but oh well lol.

yup

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
The signing itself didn't bother me. Along those same lines, Wade joining Lebron in Cleveland, or LBJ going to Chicago wouldn't bother me. What bothers me is Lebron's actions saying one thing, but then he paints an entirely different picture with his words.

He clearly took the easy way to titles... which I"m ok with!!!... but then to back track and say it's about "competition" and "beating the best"... that doesn't jive with what he DID. That's all.

If he joined Chicago under the pretense of winning titles, I'd be fine with it.. particularly so since I'm a Chicago fan. Likewise if Wade joined LBJ in Cleveland under the pretense of winning titles. But if either of them came out a year or two later and talked about how important competition and beating the best to be the best... then yes, I'd still "flame" them.

So you're saying that if Wade signed with Cavs, you would still be calling Lebron a hypocrite?

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
I honestly don't know.

Come on man. The Bulls with Lebron would absolutely dominate. Also, yes Wade and Lebron are huge superstars but they don't complement each others skills in a way that, eg. Kobe and Shaq did. They're both ball dominant players, and they had issues with that in their first and (less so) second season. This year, Wade has taken more of a back seat and become a better off-the-ball player, which is part of why their offense has been looking much better recently.

It's like would you rather have Kobe and Jordan on your team or Kobe and Shaq? Just because you bring together two big names, it doesn't mean their production will double. Lebron and Bosh complement each other. Wade and Bosh complement each other. Lebron and Wade, not as much.

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Come on man. The Bulls with Lebron would absolutely dominate.
You come on man ...

You're seriously suggesting the Bulls with LeBron would have a better chance of winning multiple rings than Miami with Wade AND Bosh? Wow, really ...

Are you seriously that stuck to Bron's sack? You can't conceit he took the easiest way to a championship by playing with Wade and Bosh? That's why he's in Miami, kid.

Wade and LeBron didn't mesh, and their games are similar. But they are so good, it doesn't matter. Their talent overwhelms that ...

Their first season they didn't know how to play together and STILL almost won a ring, if it wasn't for LeBron quitting. How does that not prove how overwhelming they are from a talent perspective?

And since then they have learned to play together and be effective. They are ridiculous together in the open court, and amazing defensively.

Wade could've fit in on the Bulls and made them dominant as well. The Bulls have great niche pieces, and Rose. All they need is one more play making game changer.

:oldlol: @ you acting like LeBron took the more difficult route joining Wade and Bosh. Agenda exposed. Probably another pauk alternate.

I can't stand Kobe but at least he won on his terms and forced his team to make moves, not just (for example) going to the Spurs as a FA to stack the West and avoid TD because he thinks the issue is simply winning rings, not competing for rings. LeBron's mindset is "I need this ring to be considered great, what's the easiest way to get it" not "I want to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best".
BINGO. Great post.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 06:44 PM
You come on man ...

You're seriously suggesting the Bulls with LeBron would have a better chance of winning multiple rings than Miami with Wade AND Bosh? Wow, really ...

Are you seriously that stuck to Bron's sack? You can't conceit he took the easiest way to a championship by playing with Wade and Bosh? That's why he's in Miami, kid.

Wade and LeBron didn't mesh, and their games are similar. But they are so good, it doesn't matter. Their talent overwhelms that ...

Their first season they didn't know how to play together and STILL almost won a ring, if it wasn't for LeBron quitting. How does that not prove how overwhelming they are from a talent perspective?

And since then they have learned to play together and be effective. They are ridiculous together in the open court, and amazing defensively.

Wade could've fit in on the Bulls and made them dominant as well. The Bulls have great niche pieces, and Rose. All they need is one more play making game changer.

:oldlol: @ you acting like LeBron took the more difficult route joining Wade and Bosh. Agenda exposed. Probably another pauk alternate.

So I can't talk about Lebron without being accused of being an alt? I never said he didn't take the easy route. I simply said he'd have an easier one with the Bulls.

diamenz
04-19-2013, 07:02 PM
lebron's the biggest clown in nba history - at least rodman knew what he was doing.

The Choken One
04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Cowards way to get rings. From a historical standpoint, LeBron is a chump and will never be a top 5 player IMO.

Brb, Hakeem n MJ joining
Brb, magic n Larry
Brb brb

longtime lurker
04-19-2013, 07:21 PM

Great player, but he's left himself open to criticism forever. I can't stand Kobe but at least he won on his terms and forced his team to make moves, not just (for example) going to the Spurs as a FA to stack the West and avoid TD because he thinks the issue is simply winning rings, not competing for rings. LeBron's mindset is "I need this ring to be considered great, what's the easiest way to get it" not "I want to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best".

This post is spot on. And I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand. Had Lebron stayed and forced his team to make better moves there would be less criticism. The big 3 teaming up was the complete opposite of being competitive. There's a reason people say one ring in Cleveland would be a huge

Kiddlovesnets
04-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Whats so funny?
:rolleyes:

Electric Slide
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
lol at Kobe fans laughing at this.

Kobe forced a trade to the Hornets before he played a single NBA game
Kobe cried and bitched his way with the Lakers in 2007 cause his team sucked. And the reason the team sucked was because he drove Shaq out of LA.
Kobe is just as much, if not a bigger coward than Lebron is.

Mr. Jabbar
04-19-2013, 07:52 PM
lebron's the biggest clown in nba history - at least rodman knew what he was doing.

:applause:

TheBrewer
04-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Lequit with another gem

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
So I can't talk about Lebron without being accused of being an alt? I never said he didn't take the easy route. I simply said he'd have an easier one with the Bulls.
Except he wouldn't. The Heat got to the Finals in 2011, easily. I don't think the Bulls w/ LeBron do as well v.s. the Celtics, as the Heat did that season. Wade was the key, as was Bosh. Boozer is atrocious v.s. long, athletic, defensive minded PFs. LeBron w/ the Bulls might have won a ring in 2011. Beyond that season, being with Wade and Bosh set him up to contend, or in reality's case ... dominate to a much greater extent. The Heat have comparable level niche and glue guys to the Bulls, all while having tremendously superior top heavy superstar talent. Your argument is heinous.

24r2
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Haha!

HoopsFanNumero1
04-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Except he wouldn't. The Heat got to the Finals in 2011, easily. I don't think the Bulls w/ LeBron do as well v.s. the Celtics, as the Heat did that season. Wade was the key, as was Bosh. Boozer is atrocious v.s. long, athletic, defensive minded PFs. LeBron w/ the Bulls might have won a ring in 2011. Beyond that season, being with Wade and Bosh set him up to contend, or in reality's case ... dominate to a much greater extent. The Heat have comparable level niche and glue guys to the Bulls, all while having tremendously superior top heavy superstar talent. Your argument is heinous.

This season they do. The first two seasons, not even close. It's funny (and sad at the same time) the extent you're going to in underrating the Bulls as a team. The Bulls-Heat series in 2011 was fought out very well by the Bulls. Yeah they lost 4-1 but those games were very close until the end. One of them, Bulls lost by 3 and another they lost in OT. And why are you singling out Celtics? Yeah Wade was great in 2011, but was inconsistent in 2012 against them.

In 2012, the Bulls were 2-2 against the Heat and iirc one of the wins was when Rose played horribly after coming back from an injury. Even this year, without Rose they still tied the season series. So let me get this straight. The Bulls last year matched up very well against the Heat and for some reason you think they wouldn't dominate as much as this Heat team if they got Lebron? You really haven't made any real argument as to why the Bulls with Lebron wouldn't dominate asides from that silly Celtics example.

longtime lurker
04-19-2013, 08:33 PM
lol at Kobe fans laughing at this.

Kobe cried and bitched his way with the Lakers in 2007 cause his team sucked. And the reason the team sucked was because he drove Shaq out of LA.
Kobe is just as much, if not a bigger coward than Lebron is.

:oldlol: Boston fans

theBIGjabroni
04-19-2013, 08:37 PM
lebron is a fagggot

PickernRoller
04-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Everyone knows that this "team-up" was brewing when Lebron, Wade and Bosh played together in the 08 Olympics. Couldn't handle Kobe on the court and knew what they had to do. Bron stepped his game up, even Wade after the Olympics - despite their play they never claimed to be better than Kobe in those seasons - even when asked to.

Lol at LeQueen's comments and the fanbase here playing damage control. LeQueen and company are a fraud. Deal with it. No amount of hype, no amount of lies, even if told a million times will change the facts. A manufactured idol, given a break by sensationalistic media. Underachiever and choker he will always be. Not to even mentioned how Wade and Bosh both threw their legacies down the drain - disgusting.

The greatest tragedy in the NBA happened when this clown made the decision. How people let this go is a great indication of today's state of affairs. Stern knew what he did when he vetoed the CP3 trade. The whole league knew what was at stake - after what LeQueen had done.

DJ Leon Smith
04-19-2013, 11:29 PM
This is nonsense.

LeBron told Jim Paxson to allow Carlos Boozer to become an unrestricted free agent, so they can agree to terms on a deal (illegally), opening the door for the Utah Jazz to offer him a more lucrative contract?

LeBron wanted the Cavs to draft Luke Jackson with their sole lottery pick in that era?

LeBron wanted Larry Hughes and Damon friggin Jones as opposed to two star sharpshooters/perimeter scorers in Michael Redd and Ray Allen who were also free agents?

Please.

And if any GM is consluting players on all his moves beforehand, they need to immediately be fired. Because that's not how an organization should be ran in the first place. A Players job description is to..... play.

Hell, If Jerry Krause listented to Michael Jordan enough, the Bulls would have never won shit. :oldlol:

Yes, but only to people who lack logic, reason, and perspective.

I didn't say LeBron was pushing for EVERY bad move, and yes GMs shouldn't listen to players the majority of the time. But the way LeBron held that franchise hostage almost from day one - hedging his bets on staying, etc - made it nearly impossible for them to attract any other high-profile players to be LeBron's second banana. No one wanted to go there then have LeBron leave and you're left holding the baby.

BTW every front office makes terrible moves, and by your logic Dwayne Wade should have left the Heat because of the terrible team Pat Riley surrounded him with in 2009. Michael Beasley was his second best player, and he's actually worse than any second best player LeBron had in Cleveland.

pauk
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I dont get it....... i think he is right? :confusedshrug:

unbreakable
04-19-2013, 11:32 PM

so he teams up with the best players all in their prime in his conference....

PickernRoller
04-19-2013, 11:37 PM

Vacuum sweep in ECF.

A total fraud. Only his fans and those who chose to forget view him otherwise.

pauk
04-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Are you serious? I dont think Bosh or Wade qualifies as "The greatest... against the best". Wade was that once upon a time though back many years ago.... Lebron came to a Wade team which was bad/average, which either missed playoffs or lost in 1st round every year since 2006.... and Bosh? lol... them & their teams he used to toy with in his Cleveland days....

Durant/OKC... Carmelo/Knicks and so on... and those other great teams is what he is talking about.... the present...

Competitors like playing against the greatest and best... that doesnt mean they have to obliterate all types of talent from their team and try to play with scrubs only, if you do that then you wont even be able to be in a position to play against "the greatest and best" anyways...

Is that what you Lebron cynics want? For Lebron to try and win a championship like NOBODY in human history done before? All championship teams had at least 2 stars or 1 star with a ridicilously deep squad.....

ripthekik
04-19-2013, 11:47 PM
he is right.. but he didnt act that way :oldlol:

Are you serious? I dont think Bosh or Wade qualifies as "The greatest... against the best". Wade was that once upon a time though back many years ago.... Lebron came to a Wade team which was bad/average, which either missed playoffs or lost in 1st round every year since 2006.... and Bosh? lol... them & their teams he used to toy with in his Cleveland days....

Durant/OKC... Carmelo/Knicks and so on... and those other great teams is what he is talking about.... the present...
Really? Wade was a top 3 player in 2009. Other than Kobe, who else is qualified to be called "the best in the league"? Don't forget, Wade was recently an NBA Champion, FMVP, with a historical run in the playoffs.

If Wade can't be called the best.. then who can?

I'm also certain he's not talking about the current NBA.. because there is no best.. after he teamed up, and injuries took out all the major teams :roll: :roll:

Raymond
04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
I didn't watch the interview, but could he have meant that you want the best teams possible playing against the best teams possible, seeing how basketballs a team game?

pmj
04-20-2013, 12:05 AM
:facepalm

Wtf is this revisionist b.s. the 2011 Heat got to the Finals bc of Lebron. Wade sucked in the Bulls series. Heat haven't had comparable role players until this season, which is why the Bulls had a better record the past two seasons.

Beyond that, Rose is better than Wade if healthy, BoozerNoah+Gibson is better than Bosh plus scrubs. Lebron would easily be doing the same on the Bulls, if not more.

retaxis
04-20-2013, 12:18 AM
This goes along the lines of Lebron winning, people with no lives outside basketball (watching not playing) very very mad :cheers:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-20-2013, 12:22 AM

Look at the garbage wade and bosh had to work with the two years before the butt buddies joined forces. Lebron always had a stacked defensive team thats why the cavs didnt get blown out in every game against the spurs with lebron having 30%shooting 7 turnover games.

Legends66NBA7
04-20-2013, 12:24 AM
I simply said he'd have an easier one with the Bulls.

He wouldn't. The Bulls couldn't have signed pieces they did that season if LeBron joined and he would have to do with less help in comparison to what the Heat had already signed.

If he does join the Bulls instead, that would actually have been an intriguing matchup vs a Heat team with Wade and Bosh, if they met in the ECF.

Dbrog
04-20-2013, 12:51 AM

It actually doesn't matter at all because no one will remember "how" they came together if they manage to become a dynasty. And as for being unfair, no rules were broken when they joined. It was simple free agency...and Wade was never a rival. Also, how can you look down on this and yet praise Kobe and others for HOLDING THEIR TEAMS HOSTAGE AND THREATENING THEM the get their way? That doesn't seem backwards to you? In my eyes, you have to either be ok with both moves or despise both...one or the other.

The Heat are in no way heads above the league. They were beaten by beastmode Dirk and challenged by the Thunder as well as others. You're acting as if this is Magic joining Bird. Both had the most stacked teams in league history and were facing each other in the finals every year. How can that be compared to Bron joining Wade in any way? It would have been like if Bron joined the Celtics.

Anyway..I likely won't be posting again in this thread since it seems like you have an agenda as evidenced by lashing out and putting words into other posters' mouths. I just hope you can look at things in a more objective way or else just embrace whatever subjectivity you have. BULLS was hilarious on this board...miss that guy and his WEAK league talk :oldlol:

Ne 1
04-20-2013, 01:23 AM

Kobe didn't refuse to play for Charlotte or force any trade, the Lakers loved the potential they saw in Bryant before the draft and they needed to unload Vlade's contract to make room for Shaq.

Jerry West traded to get Kobe and the trade was made in advance, in order to unload Vlade's contract to sign Shaq. All Kobe did was turn off workouts for other teams once he got a promise from L.A. That is completely different from colluding with two other superstars in the prime of your career in order to "win at least 8 rings."

Kobe cried and bitched his way with the Lakers in 2007 cause his team sucked.

He was pressuring the front office to bring in talent. He did what he did and got Gasol after Bynum got injured. Dude's "temper tantrum" turned the organization around in a matter of months. Perhaps if guys would quit sitting on their hands wanting the public and the media to like them they'd get shit done.

Anyway Kobe has played every game of his career with one team and even Magic Johnson asked for a trade once. Why should Kobe should be punished because the Lakers refused to honor his wishes and instead tried to build a better team? Kobe never said "swing a Gasol deal" he said "trade me to bummy Chicago to play with Ben Gordon"

Kobe had people coming to him instead of him jumping on another legend that already had a ring ala Clyde and LeBron.

But yes, Kobe did bitch and he asked for a trade. However I doubt he was ever going to leave, I think it's obvious he was trying to spark a fire under management to bring in pieces, but let's say he legit was going to go to the Chicago Bulls with Ben Gordon/Kirk Hinrich. That's not nearly the same as colluding to join forces with two other superstars all in your prime.

Kobe wasn't asking to be traded to a team with a superstar who he'd essentially be competing otherwise and measured against. Kobe didn't ask to be traded to Duncan's Spurs, KG's T-Wolves, Nash's Suns, Wade's Heat, LeBron's Cavs or Dirk's Mavs.

And the reason the team sucked was because he drove Shaq out of L.A.

Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that they would do anything to resign Kobe, and bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq wanted a max contract extension (and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game that season). Jerry Buss refused. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss refused to give him max money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disastrous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Bryant ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth.

Ne 1
04-20-2013, 01:33 AM
I can't stand Kobe but at least he won on his terms and forced his team to make moves, not just (for example) going to the Spurs as a FA to stack the West and avoid TD because he thinks the issue is simply winning rings, not competing for rings. LeBron's mindset is "I need this ring to be considered great, what's the easiest way to get it" not "I want to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best".

:applause: Exactly.

kshutts1
04-20-2013, 12:47 PM
So you're saying that if Wade signed with Cavs, you would still be calling Lebron a hypocrite?
Just depends on how the initial situation is treated.

I was thinking of examples yesterday, and best I could come up with is (I'm pretty sure it was him) Ben Wallace.

The summer he joined the Bulls, he was saying things like "all I care about is winning" etc.. Well, he joined the Bulls for significantly more money than Detroit was offering, even though Detroit offered the better chance to win. Either you care about winning, and choose Detroit, or you care about money, and choose Chicago. I don't care which one it is, and won't lose respect for any player choosing one over the other.. but I will lose respect for a player saying one thing (cares about winning) and doing anything (chasing dollars to play for an obviously worse team).

That's what this quote shows Lebron did... either that, or he matured quite a bit since then. But at the time it was all about winning... "not 4, not 5..." so that didn't bother me. But to now come out and say he wants to play against the best? LoL. Make up your mind. Losing respect.

IGOTGAME
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
it is a bit funny now because he plays with arguably the best shooting guard and power forward in the NBA.

retaxis
04-20-2013, 01:26 PM
it is a bit funny now because he plays with arguably the best shooting guard and power forward in the NBA.
It was funny when Kobe played with arguably the greatest centre in NBA history and even funnier when he played with the best front court in Bynum-Gasol-Odom...Lets put on our big boy pants and relax

IGOTGAME
04-20-2013, 01:55 PM
It was funny when Kobe played with arguably the greatest centre in NBA history and even funnier when he played with the best front court in Bynum-Gasol-Odom...Lets put on our big boy pants and relax

if anyone isn't relaxed its you guy. why does everything have to come back to Kobe? its always back to the same tired argument with ish people these days.

G-Funk
04-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Dude would be ringless right now

Nevaeh
04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
I could see the Lebron hate if he came to a team where he basically just fell into the background of another star player, and let him do all the dirty work. But even in coming to Miami, he's still expected to be the same leader, initiator of the offense, the best defensive player, and the most clutch when his team needs him to, just like when he was in Cleveland.

So he does all of that, improves his shot selection, wins a championship as "Da Man" with clutch decision making, and clowns still aren't satisfied. If I'm Lebron I'm saying "f@ck all y'all", and setting my sights on a 4-peat just for the lulz.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Bigsmoke
04-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Moses Malone is a top 20 player of all time that joined Dj.J who is like a top 25 player of all time on the team that just came back from losing in the Finasl.

Akhenaten
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Beyond that, Rose is better than Wade if healthy,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/wtfharvey.gif

Dr.J4ever
04-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Moses Malone is a top 20 player of all time that joined Dj.J who is like a top 25 player of all time on the team that just came back from losing in the Finasl.

Doc was at least top 15, and should be higher, if you ask me, but I see your point.

dh144498
04-21-2013, 05:45 AM
electric slide is just another lebron stan's sock puppet pretending to be a Boston fan.... :oldlol:
exposed.

KOBE143
04-21-2013, 05:48 AM
LeBron is a funny guy in a bad way..

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ne 1
04-21-2013, 10:30 AM
The biggest tragedy in the whole "decision" fiasco to the fact we will never see this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOznE7ILek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA0ryRXA7eo

The Best match-up in the league is gone.

LeBron vs Wade in the ECF every year would have been an unbelievable rivalry. The gutless clown has no competitive spirit, didn't even want to beat his contemporaries but chose the easy path. Say what you want about Kobe but he won on his terms and put pressure on his team to make moves, not just (for example) going to the Spurs as a FA to stack the Western Conference and avoid Duncan because he thinks the issue is simply winning rings, not competing for rings. LeBron's mindset is "I need this ring to be considered great, what's the easiest way to get it" not "I want to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best". Kobe was about to go to the Clippers with Elton Brand in '04 if the Lakers hadn't traded Shaq and he was going to go the Bulls in '07 with Ben Gordon. There's no way in the prime/peak of his career he would go to another superstars team who he'd essentially be competing otherwise and measured against like Duncan's Spurs, KG's T-Wolves, Nash's Suns, Wade's Heat, LeBron's Cavs or Dirk's Mavs.

AintNoSunshine
04-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote came from ESPN interview with LBJ that I just saw on ESPN.

Is that why you teamed up with the best (other than you, at the time) in the league?

anyone who thinks those cavs supporting cast is championship caliber is idiots, not even jordan could win with that team. Lebron got them as far as anyone possibly could, to the top of the east. but that team was never championship caliber

lebeast666
04-21-2013, 11:47 AM
:oldlol: @ you guys thinking Wade and Bosh being the competition for LeBron. Wades recent teams weren't going nowhere in playoffs. LeBron would've shat on him anyway. And Bosh? please. The focus wasnt to beat Wade/Bosh, it was getting by a stacked Boston team. In this league now, your team ain't going anywhere if it ain't built right or got a couple stars on the team. Cavs had a bunch of nobody's and I don't recall there being an actual legit second star on the cavs. The reason you guys are mad is because LeBron is winning now. If he stayed in Cleveland he would probably still be ringless. Definitely wouldn't get past these teams such as Boston/Pacers/OKC/Clippers all by himself. Teams today are more deep/stacked teams. You all would have been happy though just to see LeBron waste his prime away in Cleveland.

FiveRings
04-21-2013, 02:08 PM
"As a competitor, you wanna play against the greatest... against the best"- Lebron James.

Signs with the team who has the best SG and PF in his conference, so he doesn't have to face them in the Playoffs because they were good enough to win a ring without him..

"Man this gone be easy. Not 6 not 7 not 8. 9 rings incoming. This gone be so easy even Pat Riley could suit up for us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lMXXaUaIo

:rockon:

ripthekik
04-21-2013, 02:12 PM
"As a competitor, you wanna play against the greatest... against the best"- Lebron James.

Signs with the team who has the best SG and PF in his conference, so he doesn't have to face them in the Playoffs because they were good enough to win a ring without him..

"Man this gone be easy. Not 6 not 7 not 8. 9 rings incoming. This gone be so easy even Pat Riley could suit up for us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lMXXaUaIo

:rockon:
:applause: :applause: :applause:
You are my favorite April 2013 poster. Keep up the good work :pimp:

FiveRings
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
:oldlol: @ you guys thinking Wade and Bosh being the competition for LeBron. Wades recent teams weren't going nowhere in playoffs. LeBron would've shat on him anyway. And Bosh? please. The focus wasnt to beat Wade/Bosh, it was getting by a stacked Boston team. In this league now, your team ain't going anywhere if it ain't built right or got a couple stars on the team. Cavs had a bunch of nobody's and I don't recall there being an actual legit second star on the cavs. The reason you guys are mad is because LeBron is winning now. If he stayed in Cleveland he would probably still be ringless. Definitely wouldn't get past these teams such as Boston/Pacers/OKC/Clippers all by himself. Teams today are more deep/stacked teams. You all would have been happy though just to see LeBron waste his prime away in Cleveland.
Future competition dude. D-Wade was arguably the second best player in his conference (him or Dwight) and Bosh signed to play with him on the Heat. Wade, Bosh, and whatever else they signed with Lebron's salary is a championship team. Lebron on the Knicks or Nets was not beating that team, and he knew it. Lebron on the Bulls with Rose probably beats that team, but we don't know what the Heat would have signed with Lebron's salary.

Don't sit here and act like Lebron didn't see a Wade-Bosh led Heat team as huge competition for the forseeable future in the East.