PDA

View Full Version : Wade takes shot at Chuckbe, Brickbrook?

AirFederer
04-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote of the Night

"I hate that I really value efficiency. Because I look around the league sometimes and I see a guy shooting 41, 42 percent from the field and I'm like, 'Wow, they're just hoisting up shots and they don't care.' I guess that's that freedom, but I don't have that mindset. I want to be as efficient as possible."

Dwyane Wade, on valuing NBA titles over scoring titles.

:applause:

Remix
04-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Kobe shot 41% this year? Repped. OP is a smart guy.

SAKOTXA
04-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Kobe is a career .454 shooter from the field, and Westbrook is miles ahead of Wade as a player right now. He's right though, all NBA players should pull up for a jump shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock and then after being challenged kick it out to Battier/Chalmers/Allen/etc for a contested 3 30 feet away from the basket, just so they don't have to mess up their "FG %". :lol Even though that kills the flow of their offense, it's all about dat field goal percentage baby.

Nobody in the league, and i mean nobody does that more than Wade.

Oh and the "Chuckbe" Kobe has been far more efficient than Wade in their heads up battles throughout their careers.

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1oXvRCXnds

lilblingy
04-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Mofo's on this forum be reaching man...:coleman:

Sakkreth
04-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Jennings man, there are bunch of mlb players that has better hit % than Jennings fg%.

Nick Young
04-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Stats nerd D-wade basically telling us how he pads his FG% all game:facepalm

GTFO you 2 ring pretender:mad:

RagaZ
04-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Stats nerd D-wade basically telling us how he pads his FG% all game:facepalm

GTFO you 2 ring pretender:mad:
0.5 + 0.5 = 2:facepalm

NumberSix
04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Kobe and wade are actually pretty close in shooting efficiency this season.

Wade's eFG% is .527 and Kobe's is .504. Wade is more efficient, but its not like Kobe is drastically less efficient.

TheBrewer
04-16-2013, 05:45 AM
0.5 + 0.5 = 2:facepalm

0.7 + 0.3 = 1

Rubio2Gasol
04-16-2013, 05:45 AM
I might be wrong - but if you take into account free throws and 3 pointers - and Bryant is as efficient as Wade.

The emphasis placed on efficiency is...sad. The skewed statistics sometimes used to measure it are worse.i

NumberSix
04-16-2013, 06:16 AM
I might be wrong - but if you take into account free throws and 3 pointers - and Bryant is as efficient as Wade.

The emphasis placed on efficiency is...sad. The skewed statistics sometimes used to measure it are worse.i
That's why you should use eFG%. It's mathematically flawless. It accounts for the difference between 2 point and 3 point efficiency unlike FG% but it doesn't skew it with FT% like TS%.

plowking
04-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Kobe is a career .454 shooter from the field, and Westbrook is miles ahead of Wade as a player right now. He's right though, all NBA players should pull up for a jump shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock and then after being challenged kick it out to Battier/Chalmers/Allen/etc for a contested 3 30 feet away from the basket, just so they don't have to mess up their "FG %". :lol Even though that kills the flow of their offense, it's all about dat field goal percentage baby.

Oh and the "Chuckbe" Kobe has been far more efficient than Wade in their heads up battles throughout their careers.

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

Did you seriously just post that?

I guess Chalmers, Allen and Battier are great contested 3 point shooters, since they all shoot at a 40%+ clip from 3 point land. That really does seem to be killing the flow of their offense... :facepalm

#number6ix#
04-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Op is kinda reaching

FPJ
04-16-2013, 07:05 AM
0.7 + 0.3 = 1

0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.3 + 0.4 = 1 ring :rolleyes:

elementally morale
04-16-2013, 07:12 AM
That's why you should use eFG%. It's mathematically flawless. It accounts for the difference between 2 point and 3 point efficiency unlike FG% but it doesn't skew it with FT% like TS%.

Mathematically. In reality, it doesn't tell us much. For example, if Wade was a better outside shooter, he would most likely take 2-3 more shots per game (end of shotclock, end of quarter, etc.). That would lower his eFG%, despite the fact that he would be a better shooter.

If you are willing to take shots that have little chance of going in but the team needs someone taking them, your stats will suffer. There is a reason Tyson Chandler is the most efficient scorer in the league.

maybeshewill13
04-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Neck yourself OP.

NumberSix
04-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Mathematically. In reality, it doesn't tell us much. For example, if Wade was a better outside shooter, he would most likely take 2-3 more shots per game (end of shotclock, end of quarter, etc.). That would lower his eFG%, despite the fact that he would be a better shooter.

If you are willing to take shots that have little chance of going in but the team needs someone taking them, your stats will suffer. There is a reason Tyson Chandler is the most efficient scorer in the league.
Yeah, in the same way that Shaq is the all-time 3P% leader. :facepalm

AirFederer
04-16-2013, 07:37 AM
So who is Wade talking about, and is about one game or two, or the whole season?

Yeah I was reaching, but :lol

Deleterious
04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Take offense Rio!

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
So who is Wade talking about, and is about one game or two, or the whole season?

probably Monta Ellis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9yS2-x5sA

Nash
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Nobody can fault Wade for saying that. Avoiding bad shoots is very important. Players caring about efficiency is a coaches dream, players thinking points are more important than efficiency is a coaches nightmare.

Deleterious
04-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Nobody can fault Wade for saying that. Avoiding bad shoots is very important. Players caring about efficiency is a coaches dream, players thinking points are more important than efficiency is a coaches nightmare.

Players scared to shot because they might get under 50% is a coach dream? :rolleyes:

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Players scared to shot because they might get under 50% is a coach dream? :rolleyes:
When did he say he's afraid to shoot? He speaking about avoiding bad shots. How often do you see him blatantly pass up a good shot?

dunksby
04-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Wade would not hit anything if he started shooting only natural he hates on those who do.

Deleterious
04-16-2013, 07:52 AM
When did he say he's afraid to shoot? He speaking about avoiding bad shots. How often do you see him blatantly pass up a good shot?

The poster I quoted said caring about efficiency, if you have a good look you take it don't pass up because you're scared to miss because that will maybe take you under 50%. LeBron, Durant and Wade have all become pussie,s in that they don't take late clock shots because maybe that will bring them under50%, Pathetic.

Simple as that, and for the record Kobe and Wade have the same TS% this year.

DMAVS41
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
I will say it again....

The fact that people think it is somehow a negative for players to care about their efficiency just floors me.

That is what any coach would want. Always caring about getting the best shot possible.

The only way it becomes a negative is if a player just refuses to take certain shots the team needs that player to shoot. And I've yet to come across situations where I think that is the case...especially with star players.

The critics are basically saying..."yea, but it's clear Wade cares whether he makes or misses the shots he takes"

Yea. What an idiot...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
The poster I quoted said caring about efficiency, if you have a good look you take it don't pass up because you're scared to miss because that will maybe take you under 50%. LeBron, Durant and Wade have all become pussie,s in that they don't take late clock shots because maybe that will bring them under50%, Pathetic.

Show me when this has happened? I watch quite a few Heat/OKC and i haven't seen this ever.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
I will say it again....

The fact that people think it is somehow a negative for players to care about their efficiency just floors me.

That is what any coach would want. Always caring about getting the best shot possible.

The only way it becomes a negative is if a player just refuses to take certain shots the team needs that player to shoot. And I've yet to come across situations where I think that is the case...especially with star players.

The critics are basically saying..."yea, but it's clear Wade cares whether he makes or misses the shots he takes"

Crafty
04-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I will say it again....

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with what Wade said.

ZenMaster
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM

No, but players who are concious about creating as easy shots as possible either for them or their teammates are.

Dragonyeuw
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Reaching.

DMAVS41
04-16-2013, 08:57 AM

But Wade isn't talking about free throws. So talking about TS% here is meaningless.

He's talking about the shots you take from the field. Ane Kobe has hardly been inefficient this year from the field. So Kobe is not really a great example in terms of efficiency, but he's a good example in taking too many bad shots. It just so happens that Kobe has made them at an inordinate rate for him as this is the highest efg% of his career.

Chrono90
04-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Kobe is clearly a better player, a more accomplish winner, more individually talented, more fan-base, more career accomplishments and way longer longevity than Wade. These Wade vs Kobe talks is going no where. Kobe is clearly better.

Rubio2Gasol
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
The right player taking a difficult shot - either for his own rhythm or to make defenses commit to him can be the best thing for the team . Westbrook is a great example - people are angry he doesn't pass to Durante every possession - but that's just a very short sighted view of the game.

LikeABosh
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

So...stupid..

WayOfWade
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't see a problem with wanting to take the best shot available in order to help your team instead of jacking up unwarranted shots. There are pros and cons both ways in that while you are more efficient, you don't do as much in volume as you would otherwise.

Pointguard
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I think he meant it for Westbrook who does challenge Wade and is likely an obstacle. Kobe rarely shoots that low and isn't in his way this year.

ripthekik
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Exactly, there's nothing wrong with what Wade said.

really?

"I hate that... I see a guy shooting 41, 42 percent from the field and I'm like, 'Wow, they're just hoisting up shots and they don't care.' "
Does he think all these guys really don't care about making the shot/winning the game, and they're just doing it for fun? Have a little respect for his peers man :facepalm Every NBA players are trying to make shots and win games. Not everyone plays on a stacked team and get easy shots all day long.

DMAVS41
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
really?

Does he think all these guys really don't care about making the shot/winning the game, and they're just doing it for fun? Have a little respect for his peers man :facepalm Every NBA players are trying to make shots and win games. Not everyone plays on a stacked team and get easy shots all day long.

But many of these guys do....not to mention. Open NBA players make shots. The biggest misconception as fans is that role players just can't do anything. They can. They are far better than most of us give them credit for.

And Wade isn't talking about a huge difference. I could literally be just a play or two a game. But, as a coach, those two plays could be the difference in the game.

We all know what he's talking about. Take Melo for example. those 2 to 3 shots a game he takes...he just settles. He could pass. He could create. He could try to draw a foul. Instead, he just settles and takes a very low percentage shot. It's the difference between him and Durant offensively.

StroShow4
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Chuckbe and Brickbrook? OP is super creative.

Doctor Rivers
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Chuckbe and Brickbrook? OP is super creative.

I thought the official name was Westbrick

chosen_wun
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I think Wade was just referring to players who shoot around 41-42% ... reading comprehension is a must OP.

DMV2
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM

Monta and Jennings, who are Wade's first round opponents. I'm assuming.

I remember seeing both Ellis and Jennings shooting around .395 to .401 a little after the All-Star break. Ellis shot a lot better when the Redick trade first went down, but now he's dropping back to 35-40% shooting for the past month.

EDIT: Ellis currently at .416 FG and Jennings at .398, and Jennings' FG career so far is .394 :facepalm

imdaman99
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM
goatbrick is shooting 44% :rockon:

and who is wade talking about? dude thinks he can take shots, and not mention names. what a boss

Blue&Orange
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Look at this c#nt that teamed up with Bosh and Lebron, cherry picks his shots like there's no tomorrow, taking shots at players that can't cherry pick, because there's nobody else.

Electric Slide
04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
probably referring to players like Monta ellis, JR Smith.

The Iron Fist
04-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Kobe 5 NBA titles
Wade 2

aj1987
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Look at this c#nt that teamed up with Bosh and Lebron, cherry picks his shots like there's no tomorrow, taking shots at players that can't cherry pick, because there's nobody else.
50% in 05-06 Out of prime Shaq was the second best player.
49% in 06-07 Same and Shaq also missed a bunch of games.
47% in 07-08 Scrubs.
49% in 08-09 Scrubs.
48% in 09-10 Scrubs.

Do you not remember those seasons?

Kobe 5 NBA titles
Wade 2

Pretty sure that Wade wasn't talking about Kobe.