PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are out of playoffs now

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-30-2013, 12:44 AM
lol...look at their schedule...they will finish 10th ...

Thanks for Signing the corpse of NASH ...Cupcake....

coin24
03-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Awesome :cheers:

No one to blame but themselves blowing leads to average/shit teams:facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-30-2013, 12:50 AM

kobe has to take lion's share of blame on this...

just look at the start of 2nd qtr yesterday...nash/dwight with scrubs lead by 13....Jackbe comes in and ruins the whole game for lakers

SCdac
03-30-2013, 12:52 AM
laughing stock of the NBA :cheers:

takai
03-30-2013, 12:53 AM
It isn't over until it's over. I for one, still believe.

coin24
03-30-2013, 12:53 AM
kobe has to take lion's share of blame on this...

just look at the start of 2nd qtr yesterday...nash/dwight with scrubs lead by 13....Jackbe comes in and ruins the whole game for lakers

They looked great in the first qtr/half..
Then yeah Kobe and the great team no-defense took over:facepalm

If they lose to the kings tomorrow season done i think:(

tazb
03-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Popp will probably rest his starters for that game.

The-Legend-24
03-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Fvck! :oldlol:

talkingconch
03-30-2013, 12:58 AM
i think we are done, utah has next 4 or 5 games at home, they are 26-9 at home too. and records at matching and they own the tiebreaker which is even more pathetic for lakers.

PJR
03-30-2013, 12:58 AM
I hope Jim Buss never concedes control. :oldlol:

Beatlezz
03-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Remaining games:

vs Dallas
vs Memphis
@ L.A. Clippers
vs New Orleans
@ Portland
vs Golden State
vs San Antonio
vs Houston

Dat tough schedule. It's over. :cry:

qrich
03-30-2013, 01:07 AM
As long as they can beat Dallas, N'Awleans, Portland, Golden State & Houston, they should be in. Pop may rest his starters, or he may play them if he wants to make sure the Lakers don't make the playoffs so he can face Utah instead. Clippers & Memphis are in a position battle and can't see either slipping up.

Graviton
03-30-2013, 01:17 AM
lol...look at their schedule...they will finish 10th ...

Thanks for Signing the corpse of NASH ...Cupcake....
Before the season it was all...

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/mitchslapped-they-will-pay-for-their-basketball-reasons_1344636230_zps97bad247.jpg

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/24996086_zps87bb89c5.jpg

Then it was...

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/MikeDAntoniChillMeme_zps603130c0.jpg

Then we realized...

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/meme15_zps96373b31.jpg

And now we know...

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/FotoFlexer_Photophildaboss_zpsf1e80138.jpg

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209/theLegionofdoom666/FotoFlexer_Photojordan_zpsd9ef0623.jpg

Jyap9675
03-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Lakers deserve to be out of 8th spot based on the way they've been playing lately. If Lakers don't make it, I wish Dallas would instead of Utah

elementally morale
03-30-2013, 01:26 AM
The Lakers are winning the championship this year. They fooled everyone. Soon enough the real season is going to start.

Book it.

Artillery
03-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Remaining games:

vs Dallas
vs Memphis
@ L.A. Clippers
vs New Orleans
@ Portland
vs Golden State
vs San Antonio
vs Houston

The bolded are winnable games. Memphis and Clippers will blow out LA and I think SA beats them easily, starters or no starters.

Dallas game is especially important. They lose that and LA could be looking at a four game losing streak which would kill any type of momentum for a playoff push.

TheBigVeto
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM
LOL nice attempt of doing reverse jinx.

Don't worry fools, they will make it as 8th seed. They will then "upset" the first seed. It's all part of Stern's grand plan before his exit (which is about 30 years overdue).

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-30-2013, 01:31 AM
LOL nice attempt of doing reverse jinx.

Don't worry fools, they will make it as 8th seed. They will then "upset" the first seed. It's all part of Stern's grand plan before his exit (which is about 30 years overdue).

lol...not everybody is a kid like you...reverse jinx...thats what 10-12 yrs do and still think it works...stupid retard

Patrick Chewing
03-30-2013, 01:38 AM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/6011693ff5a833e35320ff5bce085a612f5eb2ee.gif

MMM
03-30-2013, 01:38 AM

i wouldn't blame the Lakers, they are in a down period due to things out of there control.

Could they have played better??? yes

but they have had a lot of things stacked up against them.

Poor management the last few season

1. Not fortifying the bench enough over the last 3 seasons and over paying for name recognition.

2. Egregious coaching hiring; Coach brown was a questioable hire from day 1 and the same could be said about dantoni

Injuries

yes injuries are part of the game, but when you are integrating multiple new players to a team it impacts a team more than usual.

TheBigVeto
03-30-2013, 01:44 AM
lol...not everybody is a kid like you...reverse jinx...thats what 10-12 yrs do and still think it works...stupid retard

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34rtwyh.jpg

U :mad: *******?

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

NumberSix
03-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Niqqas is crazy if they think lakers ain't making the playoffs

ThatsGame
03-30-2013, 01:52 AM
Imagine if the Heat failed this hard in their first year.

Just goes to show that Kobe is a cancer to any sort of team oriented basketball. His mentality doesn't work anymore, he doesn't have bigs that can compensate for him enough now.

onhcetum
03-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Kobe is no where near the dynamic player that Lebron, (prime) Duncan, Shaq, and Jason Kidd are (notice how I left Durant off that list since he still is just a scorer). When will you guys realize that scoring isn't everything? You still have to play defense and balling handling skills and getting your teammates open shots and running the offense are essential skills. Oh wait, none of you guys even play basketball.

He's 34 right? That's why... well when he was in his prime they still were a mediocre team (two first round exits) and didn't make the playoffs one year.

Scoooter
03-30-2013, 01:56 AM
I will say that Kobe's defense this year has been appalling. Steve Nash tries on defense and usually makes the right moves, he just isn't very capable physically. Kobe looks as capable physically as he has in years, but he doesn't care at all about defense. It's deflating to have a guy like that out there on the court. Pau also needs to step it up.

Kobe should really be ceding the keys of the offense to Nash, and expending his energy defensively. They've looked their best with something approaching that dynamic.

chazzy
03-30-2013, 01:59 AM
Kobe's such a cancer that they've only had a top 7-9 offense all year. Criticize his defense because he's not doing much at that end and they are 20th in the league, but even then that's more of a team problem rather than an individual one. Played even worse D in 2011 coming off knee surgery and they were 6th in the league.

Artillery
03-30-2013, 04:53 AM
Kobe's such a cancer that they've only had a top 7-9 offense all year. Criticize his defense because he's not doing much at that end and they are 20th in the league, but even then that's more of a team problem rather than an individual one. Played even worse D in 2011 coming off knee surgery and they were 6th in the league.

They're 20th because of Dwight. Take him off the team and they might be a bottom five in defense.

Kobe's never been a two way player though. He's an all-time great offensive player but the media and his fanbase have overrated his overall game to the point that they've brainwashed many people into thinking he was an impact defender when that was NEVER the case. All the advanced stats say, even in his prime, he was only above average on defense. It's because of these exaggerations(and myths) that people have such high expectations of Kobe. They expect him to dominate on both ends of the court when he's NEVER done that. What he's doing now is what he's always done in his career - anchor the offense and play negligible defense. Kobe's a one-way player that's been advertised as a two way guy.

ErhnamDjinn
03-30-2013, 05:12 AM
werent the lakers playing better after kobe got injured? when Nash was allowed to run the offense? cant they run the offense through nash first then divert through the rest, i believe they won a couple and the stats for all were good. seems weird that teams lioe tue lakers may be out of the playoffs. real changing of the guard.

chazzy
03-30-2013, 05:13 AM
They're 20th because of Dwight. Take him off the team and they might be a bottom five in defense.

Kobe's never been a two way player though. He's an all-time great offensive player but the media and his fanbase have overrated his overall game to the point that they've brainwashed many people into thinking he was an impact defender when that was NEVER the case. All the advanced stats say, even in his prime, he was only above average on defense. It's because of these exaggerations(and myths) that people have such high expectations of Kobe. They expect him to dominate on both ends of the court when he's NEVER done that. What he's doing now is what he's always done in his career - anchor the offense and play negligible defense. Kobe's a one-way player that's been advertised as a two way guy.
Why did it drop from 6th to 20th in two years?

And its too bad individual defense cannot be measured through advanced stats. Kobe played great man D in the 3peat and in 08. Also stepped it up in the playoffs throughout his career

Clutch
03-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Remaining games:

vs Dallas
vs Memphis
@ L.A. Clippers
vs New Orleans
@ Portland
vs Golden State
vs San Antonio
vs Houston

Well,look at it from the bright side. Most of the games are at home.

Bandito
03-30-2013, 05:38 AM
i wouldn't blame the Lakers, they are in a down period due to things out of there control.

Could they have played better??? yes

but they have had a lot of things stacked up against them.

Poor management the last few season

1. Not fortifying the bench enough over the last 3 seasons and over paying for name recognition.

2. Egregious coaching hiring; Coach brown was a questioable hire from day 1 and the same could be said about dantoni

Injuries

yes injuries are part of the game, but when you are integrating multiple new players to a team it impacts a team more than usual.Would rep you if I could. This is one of the main reason the Lakers are not playing good this year.

madmax
03-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Utah are finally out of their funk and they will safely cruise to the playoffs me thinks:cheers: Dallas will most probably pass Fakers in the standings too, especially if they win their next game in Staples. Good times to be a LAL hater:applause: :pimp:

keep-itreal
03-30-2013, 05:56 AM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

:roll: :roll:

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Lakers deserve to be out of 8th spot based on the way they've been playing lately. If Lakers don't make it, I wish Dallas would instead of Utah

By lately you mean the whole season right?

Utah are finally out of their funk and they will safely cruise to the playoffs me thinks

Yeah they finally changed the offense early in the game instead of force feeding Al.

Dallas will most probably pass Fakers in the standings too

Portland too hopefully. **** LA! :roll:

Graviton
03-30-2013, 06:45 AM
By lately you mean the whole season right?

Yeah they finally changed the offense early in the game instead of force feeding Al.

Portland too hopefully. **** LA! :roll:

Lol you are like the evil twin of Yao Ming's Foot, I always get you 2 confused with each other. Always wondering "Is this the Lakers dickrider or the hater?". :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
03-30-2013, 08:02 AM

You might want to go watch Kobe from 2000-2003, particular the 2001 and 2002 season when he was a Top 3 and Top 5-10 perimeter defender, respectfully.

With that said, if Kobe makes another All Defensive team in his career, we as NBA fans should truly revolt.

Sharmer
03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
MDA should bench his ass.......

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Vicsatre/s-KOBE-DEATH-STARE-GIF-large_zps32c7d8e4.jpg

SacJB Shady
03-30-2013, 08:37 AM
The best case scenario for the Lakers would be too all get injured and that would justify their absence in the playoffs. They do not want to make the playoffs because then their legacy of their 4 star players would be ruined. They would get swept.

willds09
03-30-2013, 09:04 AM
MDA should bench his ass.......

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Vicsatre/s-KOBE-DEATH-STARE-GIF-large_zps32c7d8e4.jpg
U wish u hater :lol

Nero Tulip
03-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Remaining games:

vs Dallas
vs Memphis
@ L.A. Clippers
vs New Orleans
@ Portland
vs Golden State
vs San Antonio
vs Houston

Utah and Dallas' schedule are pretty rough too. It's 50/50 at this point, but if the Lakers win against Dallas they'll be in a nice position. It's going to be the most important game of the season for them.

All Net
03-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Things not looking good right now..

PJR
03-30-2013, 12:29 PM
From pre-season title favorite odds, to missing the post-season altogether. That would be unprecedented.

HorryIsMyMVP
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
If Kobe was who people think he is they wouldn't need Nash to play a game to make the play offs.

Don Klein
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Pre-season doesn't matter. They'll come prepared in their home opener vs Dallas.

DMAVS41
03-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Mavs are playing really hard every night...and they have actually been a pretty good team since Dirk became a starter after the injury...something like 22-14 I think.

The game in LA will likely decide the Mavs / Lakers part of it. Jazz could get hot, but I still think the winner of the Lakers v. Mavs game will be the team to make it.

DMV2
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Well,look at it from the bright side. Most of the games are at home.
Technically one road game since they'll be in Staples Centers vs the Clippers.

Though with the success of the Clippers, how has the arena fanbase been like for Lakers vs Clippers games? Split even now or do LAL fans still dominate?

DMV2
03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Nobody has mentioned this but Utah owns tiebreaker over both the Lakers and Mavs, so the Jazz just have to match their records.

DMAVS41
03-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Nobody has mentioned this but Utah owns tiebreaker over both the Lakers and Mavs, so the Jazz just have to match their records.

Yea. They certainly hold the 8th seed in their hand at this point. If they play well, they will likely make it because of that tiebreaker. I just see the Lakers or the Mavs getting hot and the Jazz losing a couple games they shouldn't.

But I'm biased...I'm a Mavs fan...and I'd also much rather watch the Lakers in round 1 than the Jazz.

senelcoolidge
03-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Just blow it up. Amnesty Kobe. Get rid of the old garbage like Gasol, Nash, and Artest. Maybe get some draft picks back. Rebuild time. Maybe rebuild around Dwight Howard..even though eventually he won't be the best player on the team once you have talent around him. Either way the lakers are going to suck.

Flush
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Karma got the Lakers fans because they have been shitting on other teams (Especially on LeBron and the Heat) for past 5 years. I hope you are having fun time now Fakers fans.

DMAVS41
03-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Mavs not looking good against the Bulls in the 2nd half. No sure they can afford to lose this game. This could be it for the Mavs actually.

Dirk does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosnian Sajo
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Losing the last 4/5 when we just started go get hot...smh

Sharmer
03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
U wish u hater :lol

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Vicsatre/oie_30204758R2VWKNY9_zpsd197c413.gif

Shepseskaf
03-30-2013, 03:56 PM
One can only wonder how different things would have been if the CP3 trade hadn't been vetoed.

theBIGjabroni
03-30-2013, 03:57 PM
laughing stock of the NBA :cheers:
It's not fun I can tell you that :(

DMV2
03-30-2013, 03:59 PM
One can only wonder how different things would have been if the CP3 trade hadn't been vetoed.
I went on the record and said, it was a blessing in disguised for the Lakers because they got not only Steve Nash but Dwight Howard.

Well, looks like I'm wrong about that.

DuMa
03-30-2013, 04:01 PM
im not sure why you want to see this awful team in the playoffs anyway. they will stink it up with constant kobe isos, bad FT shooting and bad defensive rotations. absolutely no chemistry shown whatsoever during any stretch in the season. and no reason to think they will turn it on in the playoffs.

DMV2
03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Dallas just won.

Must win for Lakers and Utah later tonight to keep that 1 game ahead of DAL.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
im not sure why you want to see this awful team in the playoffs anyway. they will stink it up with constant kobe isos, bad FT shooting and bad defensive rotations. absolutely no chemistry shown whatsoever during any stretch in the season. and no reason to think they will turn it on in the playoffs.
That's because you don't know what it's like to root for a team.

gengiskhan
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM

Not much.

Maybe marginally better with guaranteed 7th spot.

The problem is not CP3 as LAL.

Problem is Kobe-ball, Kobe "FIRST" & Kobe's way of winning the game.

CP3 WILL never average double digit assists with Kobe in the backcourt.

CP3 at best will ave 8.5 APG because Kobe will marginalize him just like he marginalized NASH.

Pure PGs & Kobe are an ABSOLUTE NO NO.

Only reason why LAL will get to 6th spot is because they have HOWARD & PAU & ARTEST that CP3 will find refuge in.

Kobe will do the maximum damage playing DISRUPTIVE team B'ball.

But the trio of CP3-Howard-Pau with MWP will make up for Kobe-ball.

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Remaining games:

vs Dallas
vs Memphis
@ L.A. Clippers
vs New Orleans
@ Portland
vs Golden State
vs San Antonio
vs Houston

They technically have only one road game. With that said, those first 3 games are going to be tough.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Not much.

Maybe marginally better with guaranteed 7th spot.

The problem is not CP3 as LAL.

Problem is Kobe-ball, Kobe "FIRST" & Kobe's way of winning the game.

CP3 WILL never average double digit assists with Kobe in the backcourt.

CP3 at best will ave 8.5 APG because Kobe will marginalize him just like he marginalized NASH.

Pure PGs & Kobe are an ABSOLUTE NO NO.

Only reason why LAL will get to 6th spot is because they have HOWARD & PAU & ARTEST that CP3 will find refuge in.

Kobe will do the maximum damage playing DISRUPTIVE team B'ball.

But the trio of CP3-Howard-Pau with MWP will make up for Kobe-ball.

Lol what a retard post... Cp3 could have defended the best of the pg's

+ he demands much more attention than corpse nash....

I agree 1 pt is if the lakers have to win anything they have to go away from kobe & i think cp3 had the balls to do so.... Nash not so much

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Just blow it up. Amnesty Kobe. Get rid of the old garbage like Gasol, Nash, and Artest. Maybe get some draft picks back. Rebuild time. Maybe rebuild around Dwight Howard..even though eventually he won't be the best player on the team once you have talent around him. Either way the lakers are going to suck.

I'm sure teams are lining up for those contracts! Good luck paying Dwight the max too.

rmt
03-31-2013, 02:11 PM

Good luck finding a team to trade Gasol, Nash and Artest to - especially with the new tax. Forget about getting draft picks back - teams won't be trading cheap talent for overpriced old players. You really expect to get talent better than DH? and with which draft picks?