PDA

View Full Version : Lakers will be the "Low-seeded team no one wants to play"

Tarik One
03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
They appear to be putting it together at the right time. I don't believe any of the top seeds would be too pleased about playing them in the first round.

STATUTORY
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
clippers and spurs have no chance at all

OKC have an outside shot of beating the lakers

SilkkTheShocker
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
OKC would most definitely beat the Lakers. Spurs would probably lose though.

Budadiiii
Yep. Hoping the Thunder get that 2 seed. I have a feeling they gonna get that 1 seed though. :facepalm

That would be a bullshit first round.

L.Kizzle
Of course, at the end of the day, they still have Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Pau will be back.

I blame this on Utah, all they had to do was win their games.

shady6121
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
As much as I hate to say it, the Lakers could potentially give the Spurs or Clippers a run for their money. Though they've got absolutely no shot against the Thunder.

IGOTGAME
03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
OKC would kill LA. La would have a better shot beating Miami.

Phenith
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
They appear to be putting it together at the right time. I don't believe any of the top seeds would be too pleased about playing them in the first round.

Any team at the top of the west realizes that if the Lakers were a top seed they would probably have to beat them to get to the finals anyways, so they might as well knock them off in the first round and get it over with. In reality, the Lakers are in trouble going into the first round as they are going to have to face a top team to get to the 2nd round, then they will have to play another team ranked ahead of them that also has momentum from winning in the first round... then, they would probably have to play the 1st or 2nd seed.

When you think about the Stern angle, the Lakers season could be a setup to have an 8 seed win a chip (and I would cry, lol).

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Yep. Hoping the Thunder get that 2 seed. I have a feeling they gonna get that 1 seed though. :facepalm

I asked this in another thread, but what if the Lakers are red hot going into the Play-offs? Might as well get it done (playing the okc) in the first round if that's the case.

All Net
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Spurs would be good matchup..

longtime lurker
03-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Spurs should be worried but still it would be close. Clippers I can't see the Lakers beating them and OKC has nothing to worry about.

Kurosawa0
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM

I'd still take the Spurs, but that does feel like it goes 6 or 7.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
no beard, no fear

Doranku
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM

The Lakers, if they win this game, will only be two games out of the 6 seed. Not a guarantee that the Thunder would play them if they get the 1 seed.

All Net
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd still take the Spurs, but that does feel like it goes 6 or 7.

Dunno but think its more likely to beat spurs than OKC..

Tarik One
03-10-2013, 05:55 PM
This is what the league execs, casual fans and media wants. A chance to eliminate the "boring, unappealing" Spurs in an early round and for the Lakers to go deeper in the playoffs.

That would be a win-win scenario

Kurosawa0
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Dunno but think its more likely to beat spurs than OKC..

OKC is arguably the worst matchup for the Lakers in the league. Probably ends up being another 5 game series. You'd just have to hope Westbrook stops himself four times out seven.

MMM
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
this should be obvious

LAL won a title just 3 seasons ago - none of the other low seeded teams have come close to sniffing one recently

LAL won a playoff series - G-State and Houston have been lotto teams recently while Uta/Den have lost their previous first round series

Than you have the experience of Kobe, Nash, Howard, and Gasol

but for the top 3 teams i'm sure if they had a choice they might want to avoid a top seed and hope LAL gets through to them.

Would LAC want OKC/SAS or LAL???
Would SAS want OKC/LAC or LAL???
Would OKC want SAS/LAC or LAL???

Noob Saibot
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
April 14 will be a good litmus prediction on how the Lakeshow matches up with the peerless Spurs.

All Net
03-10-2013, 05:58 PM
OKC is arguably the worst matchup for the Lakers in the league. Probably ends up being another 5 game series. You'd just have to hope Westbrook stops himself four times out seven.

Problem is Westbrook owns us.. Durant isn't as big of an issue believe it or not.

LikeABosh
03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
They haven't beaten anyone worth shit, especially on the road. I hope the Lakers can make the playoffs so they can be clobbered by OKC or the Spurs, or better yet, the Clippers

The Choken One
03-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Best chance against the Spurs. And for all the people saying the Thunder would kill the Lakers...iunno bout dat. They'd probably win, but it'd go 6 at least.

RoseCity07
03-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Spurs would probably sweep LA. OKC would sweep them. Clippers and Memphis would both win probably 4-1 or 4-2.

The Choken One
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
They haven't beaten anyone worth shit, especially on the road. I hope the Lakers can make the playoffs so they can be clobbered by OKC or the Spurs, or better yet, the Clippers
Calm down bandwagoner. We know you're scared of the Lake Show making the finals.

elementally morale
03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Of course, at the end of the day, they still have Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Pau will be back.

I blame this on Utah, all they had to do was win their games.

Absolutely. That's all any team needs to do. Win their games.

elementally morale
03-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Spurs would probably sweep LA. OKC would sweep them. Clippers and Memphis would both win probably 4-1 or 4-2.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you are wrong, but I'd like to know how you feel about your predictions regarding the Lakers and Kobe especially. You've been predicting a loss every game the Lakers play and you were among those never believed Kobe is going to win without Shaq (not even after the Gasol trade).

How do you feel about your own track record?

game3524
03-10-2013, 06:26 PM
I am still puzzled why some people think the Spurs would have an easy time with LA, they barely got past them in the two games they played this year and that was when LA didn't even have their full core together and were playing like crap.

I understand OKC and LAC giving the matchups and the way the games were played.....but the Spurs....GTFO.:oldlol:

strike first
03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
lol @ putting it together at the right time

couldnt exactly go lower than what they were

flipogb
03-10-2013, 06:36 PM

lol m this is proof the Spurs are not slept on every year, they are actually extremely overrated . their new style and supposed depth doesn't work in the playoffs

game3524
03-10-2013, 06:42 PM
lol m this is proof the Spurs are not slept on every year, they are actually extremely overrated . their new style and supposed depth doesn't work in the playoffs

Bingo.

They may have all the depth, but the Lakers potentially have the two best players in the entire series.

longtime lurker
03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
If Lakers get to 6th seed somehow and Memphis stays in 3rd I like their chances.

Doctor Rivers
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say you are wrong, but I'd like to know how you feel about your predictions regarding the Lakers and Kobe especially. You've been predicting a loss every game the Lakers play and you were among those never believed Kobe is going to win without Shaq (not even after the Gasol trade).

Dont respond to the troll

MMM
03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I am still puzzled why some people think the Spurs would have an easy time with LA, they barely got past them in the two games they played this year and that was when LA didn't even have their full core together and were playing like crap.

I understand OKC and LAC giving the matchups and the way the games were played.....but the Spurs....GTFO.:oldlol:

SAS has been superior to LAL the last few seasons
we'll see how thing unfold in the playoffs though

Mrofir
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
The Lakers need a favorable matchup in the 1st round to do real damage in the playoffs. They might be gelling at the right time, but they are still not elite or anywhere near it. Also, Gasol will be coming back and they probably won't have time to fully work him into the groove in time for the playoffs.

LA has no chance vs OKC, and very little chance vs a healthy (hmm) SAS team in the 1st round. In the 2nd round, after winning a series together, gaining confidence and team unity, LA can beat anyone. By anyone I mean any team that's not Miami. But that's a huge hypothetical.

cotdt
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
LAL should have no problem beating Miami due to heavy rebounding advantage. It's OKC that I'm worried about.

Kingwillball
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
LAL should have no problem beating Miami due to heavy rebounding advantage. It's OKC that I'm worried about.

:facepalm :roll:

LONGTIME
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
So are the Spurs gonna tank a couple games so that they avoid LAL?

d.bball.guy
03-10-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't care who the Lakers should want to face. If they wanna win, they would have to beat the best teams no matter what.

SyRyanYang
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
So are the Spurs gonna tank a couple games so that they avoid LAL?
lol it's highly possibly that the Lakers finish at 7th or even 6th.

zizozain
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Dont respond to the troll
this

what happened Doc? lebron23 negged you? lol

i'll rep you tomorrow

LONGTIME
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
lol it's highly possibly that the Lakers finish at 7th or even 6th.

So should the Lakers tank some games if the Spurs hold on to the 1 seed? :lol

StroShow4
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
The low-seeded team that no one wants to play ultimately never wins anything. So whatever.

Micku
03-10-2013, 10:29 PM
All three of the top teams in the west are a bit of a bad match up for them. Westbrook kills them. CP3 kills them. And Tony Parker kills them (assuming if he's healthy by then).

It wouldn't be so bad if the Lakers teammates were up to par with their chemistry. Kobe would sometimes match up with them, but the Lakers defense is still pretty ecky. They would be facing teams that are better in offense, defense, and better at the fast break. Clips and Thunder are younger and faster than them. The Spurs have a jack of all trades.

They really have to step up their play, more so then what they are doing right now.

The Lakers shouldn't want to see any of those teams, especially since they don't have home court advantage (except for the Clippers, lol). They really have to play out of their mind or the other team have a meltdown.

Either one of those teams should be excited just for a chance to destroy them if they can. The Lakers have to gear themselves up for it.

Lebron23
03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
this

what happened Doc? lebron23 negged you? lol

i'll rep you tomorrow

Do you have a multiple personality disorder? Stop replying to your alternate accounts.

كس أمك.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-10-2013, 11:52 PM
All three of the top teams in the west are a bit of a bad match up for them. Westbrook kills them. CP3 kills them. And Tony Parker kills them (assuming if he's healthy by then).

It wouldn't be so bad if the Lakers teammates were up to par with their chemistry. Kobe would sometimes match up with them, but the Lakers defense is still pretty ecky. They would be facing teams that are better in offense, defense, and better at the fast break. Clips and Thunder are younger and faster than them. The Spurs have a jack of all trades.

They really have to step up their play, more so then what they are doing right now.

The Lakers shouldn't want to see any of those teams, especially since they don't have home court advantage (except for the Clippers, lol). They really have to play out of their mind or the other team have a meltdown.

Either one of those teams should be excited just for a chance to destroy them if they can. The Lakers have to gear themselves up for it.

kobe guarded none of those guys...and will not in regular season...but will guard them in playoffs....

BlueandGold
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Btw the Lakers are only a single game ahead of Utah meaning it's not locked up yet. Plus the Lakers have been playing pretty poor teams again as of late. Let's see how they do during the last stretch of their schedule. Which is starting in the next couple of days to a week.

Micku
03-11-2013, 12:20 AM
kobe guarded none of those guys...and will not in regular season...but will guard them in playoffs....

Nah, he guarded CP3 and I think he guarded Westbrook at one point, but it didn't matter. CP3 got his and Westbrook always kills them. I don't know if he guarded Tony Parker.

Rubio2Gasol
03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I think the Spurs wouldn't want to play them. With Parker's injury the main advantage they have is in some degree of doubt. Then, despite the fact they got Duncan, their front court is going to get out rebounded.

They are still going to pick them apart with their ball movement but I think they rather play the Warriors.

Clippers wold want to play them though, they are young and quick enough - wont get abused on the boards, and because of the structure of the team , Jordan and Griffins poor man defense won't be abused that much.

On the other hand Nash is going to get abused and likely have to switch. Add to that their bench is better.

RoseCity07
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM

I predicted Kobe would never win without Shaq? This is why I wish we had a better search tool to find old posts. I don't think I ever said that. I said he'd never do it on his own. All-Star Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum played a major role in Kobe winning. As you can see it took a beat up Celtics squad for LA to even win Kobe's 4th ring. Pretty sure Artest saved the day in that game 7 too.

Why does everything with the Lakers have to be about what Kobe did? The 4 other players he plays with are always overlooked. If Kobe loses it's because his teammates suck. If he wins it's because he went Godbe mode and saved the team. It's just bullshit. Kobe can't win without elite talent around him.

elementally morale
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
I said he'd never do it on his own.

I've been watching the NBA for 33 years. As far as I can remember, noone did it on theiir own. The ones who were the closest are Hakeem and Duncan since 1980.

The Real JW
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I predicted Kobe would never win without Shaq? This is why I wish we had a better search tool to find old posts. I don't think I ever said that. I said he'd never do it on his own. All-Star Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum played a major role in Kobe winning.

Do it on his own, as in he's the only player on the team to perform well during the series? :wtf:

If that's the case, I'd like to know who's ever won one on their own.

Bobcats2013
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Lakers are the Bucks of the West. No one takes them seriously.

Nero Tulip
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Lakers record against top 9 teams : 6/17. Scary stuff indeed.

SwayDizzle
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
I predicted Kobe would never win without Shaq? This is why I wish we had a better search tool to find old posts. I don't think I ever said that. I said he'd never do it on his own. All-Star Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum played a major role in Kobe winning. As you can see it took a beat up Celtics squad for LA to even win Kobe's 4th ring. Pretty sure Artest saved the day in that game 7 too.

Why does everything with the Lakers have to be about what Kobe did? The 4 other players he plays with are always overlooked. If Kobe loses it's because his teammates suck. If he wins it's because he went Godbe mode and saved the team. It's just bullshit. Kobe can't win without elite talent around him.
you mean Kobe's 5th? the second ring without Shaq..nobody overlooks Gasol's impact on those two championships, but Kobe was clearly the best on those runs

G-Funk
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
like I said on my thread,its not how u begin the season, its how u ended, and the Lakers are 8-2 since Buss' passing. Dwight has become a defensive monster and Kobe has put up 34/6/7 54%. they still have ways to go but they r on the right track

c3z4r
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Honestly, Bynum was a non factor in both of Kobe's wins after Shaq. I would put Odom instead of him. I mean in 08 and 09 I think he didn't even play during the playoffs and in '10 he was playing injured and in limited minutes.

While you say it took a beat up Celtics team for Lakers to win against them, the same can be said about the Celtics in 08, where ariza and bynum were out for the Lakers, two of their starters of the 09 championship win.

Besides, it's not like the 2010 Lakers were fully healthy either.

All I'm trying to say is that it's easy to nitpick when you really want to, so why not give credit to Kobe and his Lakers for pulling through and winning two more rings.

Graviton
04-28-2013, 08:10 PM
http://sportsversity.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

imdaman99
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
maybe the lakers should have stayed at 8th. imagine them playing OKC and they get some 9th man scrub to injure goatbrook :eek: could be a good series. although no kobe prob means no wins

Velocirap31
04-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Knew they'd be swept. Called it, that's my input for tonight.

oh the horror
04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Knew they'd be swept. Called it, that's my input for tonight.

A team with massive injuries going against the Spurs? Good call man.

TheBigVeto
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
A team with massive injuries going against the Spurs? Good call man.

:lol so salty