http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/13/57/50/3078707/9/628x471.jpg

[quote]Outside of David West and Lance Stephenson, Tuesday night

Jameerthefear
02-28-2013, 07:53 PM
:lol
grown ass man

Wavy Crockett
02-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Completely ridiculous. Let a professional accountant manage your funds. However, I applaud his parents for trying to keep Klay out of the next ESPN 30 for 30: Broke.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2013, 08:07 PM
I wonder if any other player would put up with that.

talkingconch
02-28-2013, 08:14 PM
lol what a joke. 23 years old. shows how much your parents respect your ability to be responsible and how much of a ***** klay is. unless he WANTS them to do it

The Choken One
02-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Completely ridiculous. Let a professional accountant manage your funds. However, I applaud his parents for trying to keep Klay out of the next ESPN 30 for 30: Broke.
Completely agree with second part of your post.

Far too many NBA players aren't responsible enough to set themselves for post-NBA though they make more than enough, good job on his parents part imo.

Brokenbeat
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Klay: "OMG YOU GUYS THIS IS SOO EMBARRASSING" *slams bedroom door/puts tv remote in butt

R.I.P.
02-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Completely ridiculous.Let a professional accountant manage your funds. However, I applaud his parents for trying to keep Klay out of the next ESPN 30 for 30: Broke.

Cause they are all nice and responsible human beings with your best interests at heart and nothing ever goes wrong. All an NBA player of Thompson

funnystuff
02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Klay: "OMG YOU GUYS THIS IS SOO EMBARRASSING" *slams bedroom door/puts tv remote in butt
Funny video.

Whoah10115
02-28-2013, 08:31 PM
my buddy saw him at the transgender strip club though, tossing bills up, with jenkins laughing

No one else noticed this post?

devin112
02-28-2013, 08:31 PM
lol what a joke. 23 years old. shows how much your parents respect your ability to be responsible and how much of a ***** klay is. unless he WANTS them to do it

What's ur debt situation like brag? School loans, mortgage, car loan, cc bills....

Zodiac
02-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Wait, he's black?

Brujesino
02-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Hes an idiot who no ones takes seriously that why everyone just passes that post by.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
This is almost as bad as Drake claiming he made it from the bottom. :facepalm

Bitch made fool

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I have to hand out some reps before I can neg him again.

chazzy
02-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah I remember Mychal talking about this on the radio a while ago. He doesn't want Klay to blow his money early and keep him away from drugs (which he was caught for in college) so he gives him a set amount every month.

TheCorporation
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Yeah, let's trust a money grubbing agent that's going to have his best interest in mind...I'd rather trust my parents; assuming they're financially savvy, then a damn stranger..

All Net
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
:lol :wtf:

Cali Syndicate
02-28-2013, 09:09 PM

Bitch made fool

You're 12 years old.

STFU

CarlosBoozer
02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
:lol

Noof
02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
I love Mychal Thompson. Only good thing on espn radio aside from kellerman.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-28-2013, 10:34 PM
:coleman:

niko
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
No one takes him seriously, he's an idiot.

Ballin416
02-28-2013, 10:47 PM
His dad was a former player who saw first hand what could happen to players who got sucked into a life of thrills and luxurious spending. I don't see anything wrong with allowing your parents to handle your finances so you can focus the entirety of your efforts on the game. Much better than a lot of them bloodsucking leeches called agents.

FreezingTsmoove
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM

Bitch made fool

:oldlol:

longtime lurker
02-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah I remember Mychal talking about this on the radio a while ago. He doesn't want Klay to blow his money early and keep him away from drugs (which he was caught for in college) so he gives him a set amount every month.

Who was caught for drugs Klay or Mychal?

Hopper15
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Troutfisch
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif

It's A VC3!!!
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
I wonder how much allowance money Klay receives every week and how much money his dad puts into his own personal bank account.

chazzy
02-28-2013, 11:20 PM
I wonder how much allowance money Klay receives every week and how much money his dad puts into his own personal bank account.
It was a ridiculously small amount. Like bare necessity type of money.. with the logic being the NBA pays for your flights and hotels so you don't need to spend much

It's A VC3!!!
02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
It was a ridiculously small amount. Like bare necessity type of money.. with the logic being the NBA pays for your flights and hotels so you don't need to spend much
That stupid. Klay can lock his capital into a CD account on his own through a personal or private banker. His dad doesn't need to watch over him like that.
If I was Klay, I'd go to warriors owner and ask for checks to be paid to him and be deposited into his account.

niko
02-28-2013, 11:29 PM
That stupid. Klay can lock his capital into a CD account on his own through a personal or private banker. His dad doesn't need to watch over him like that.
If I was Klay, I'd go to warriors owner and ask for checks to be paid to him and be deposited into his account.

If his father is overseeing his money it's because he asked him to do so. You are acting like he just came in one day and stole money. Klay can take his money out regardless of what his father says - he's not a child.

b0bab0i
02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Article states this
[QUOTE]So, if Mychal takes care of Klay

02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I am not 100% sure that trusting your parents is the best but in most cases it's the lesser of the evil.

Didn't Rip Hamilton's dad steal money from Rip and Rip sued him? I think his pops stole almost one million dollar over the years.

Best low risk scenario is to manage your own money a LA Shane Battier.

It's A VC3!!!
02-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Article states this
I'm really curious on what car Klay drives. His dad seems like a crazy micromanager.

ralph_i_el
03-01-2013, 12:45 AM
I saw him at the transgender strip club though, tossing bills up, with jenkins laughing

fixed that for you.

iDunk
03-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Didn't Klay Thompson get caught with pot before he got drafted? Strict parents raise the biggest potheads.

dunksby
03-01-2013, 04:33 AM
Didn't Klay Thompson get caught with pot before he got drafted? Strict parents raise the biggest potheads.
Good, a pothead is better than an overgrown child who trolls forums for a living, and that's ignoring the fact that Thompson is a baller. Now go back to your sad little life iDung.

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 04:53 AM

Heard on knbr it's 3,000 a month for rent and living, 300 a week for spending. But Jarret Jack said that it's all good because Klay to him is very frugal when they hang out.

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 05:00 AM

But it was just one dollar bills. He wasn't exactly making it rain. He was just tossing up ones, one at a time.

On the other hand, I have seen Eddy Curry at the club toss 1000 dollars on stage and act like a king, while all the girls crowded him at the vip table. Shook his hand, he was all ''I'm Eddy, I play ball for the Knicks.''

Seen Biedrins obviously at the notorious Mitchell Brother's. Got his autograph, and he remembered me at the union street bar a few years later.

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 05:02 AM
Here is the Club Thompson visited http://divassf.com/ They are passable

He had a great time, I heard. My friend will joke around though about Lacob and Gruber going there, spending 500, and getting 9 inches. But that is just a joke.

dunksby
03-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Heard on knbr it's 3,000 a month for rent and living, 300 a week for spending. But Jarret Jack said that it's all good because Klay to him is very frugal when they hang out.

But it was just one dollar bills. He wasn't exactly making it rain. He was just tossing up ones, one at a time.

On the other hand, I have seen Eddy Curry at the club toss 1000 dollars on stage and act like a king, while all the girls crowded him at the vip table. Shook his hand, he was all ''I'm Eddy, I play ball for the Knicks.''

Seen Biedrins obviously at the notorious Mitchell Brother's. Got his autograph, and he remembered me at the union street bar a few years later.

Here is the Club Thompson visited http://divassf.com/ They are passable

He had a great time, I heard. My friend will joke around though about Lacob and Gruber going there, spending 500, and getting 9 inches. But that is just a joke.
:roll: :roll: You are a legend man, but I'd rather you rhymed your posts :pimp:

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Have you guys noticed that Klay and Curry are like kids? I mean they look like good boys. And Lee is their bigger brother. Biedrins held Curry back in that fight like he was his cub.

Scholar
03-01-2013, 05:25 AM
Mychal Thompson hosts a morning radio show on ESPN LA. I heard him say he won't hold back Klay's allowance because he believes Klay was wrongly fined. I doubt he changed his mind since yesterday morning, so this article in the OP is incorrect.
Also lol @ some of you guys calling Klay a bitch for letting his parents manage his finances. That's actually a smart move by Klay. You all are aware that the kid is in his early 20's & capable of blowing through his income, right? I'm sure the Thompsons don't want their son to end up another broke NBA player.

maybeshewill13
03-01-2013, 05:29 AM
What I don't understand is how someone earning as much as they do can spend it ALL and end up broke :biggums:

SAKOTXA
03-01-2013, 05:35 AM
What I don't understand is how someone earning as much as they do can spend it ALL and end up broke :biggums:
Lots of groupies and spending 10k on club tabs? Helping out distant family members, million dollar cars, houses...etc.

maybeshewill13
03-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Lots of groupies and spending 10k on club tabs? Helping out distant family members, million dollar cars, houses...etc.

There is NO excuse for going broke if you were once rich. Investing/high interest accounts is so easy if you have the money to start. ****ing dumbasses. He shouldn't need his parents to look after his money. He's a grown adult, he should use his own brain to stop him being stupid and wasting it all.

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 05:53 AM
There is NO excuse for going broke if you were once rich. Investing/high interest accounts is so easy if you have the money to start. ****ing dumbasses. He shouldn't need his parents to look after his money. He's a grown adult, he should use his own brain to stop him being stupid and wasting it all.

He's 23, but still child like

Burgz V2
03-01-2013, 05:55 AM
this is hilarious. bypass the whole "responsibility" thing and go straight to eating out of his hand lollll

Burgz V2
03-01-2013, 05:58 AM

because they live like millionaires but only make millions for a very short amount of time not knowing they will immediately be living way beyond their means once they retire.

SacJB Shady
03-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Klay is very sheltered. It's quite interesting.

03-01-2013, 06:42 AM

there is this perception that if you have millions, the bank accounts will feel like inexhaustible wells so they spend and spend.

This perception is not limited to athletes but also average joes who win the lottery.

KBryant24
03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
his parents dont want him to end up like this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/allen-iverson-in-debt_n_2246970.html

teddytwelvetoes
03-01-2013, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Cause they are all nice and responsible human beings with your best interests at heart and nothing ever goes wrong. All an NBA player of Thompson

Scholar
03-01-2013, 09:07 AM
lmao you think pops won't be skimming off the top? prolly bitter as hell these youngbloods get paid big bucks :lol

You do realize Klay's dad is former NBA player Mychal Thompson, right? The guy saved practically every cent he made in the NBA & now he works for ESPN's LA-based radio station, easily earning tens of thousands of dollars in advertisement endorsements alone.

red1
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
klay thompson gettings sonned as a grown man

Da KO King
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Can't respect it from Klay or Mychal side.

Klay, you're an adult earning large amounts of money. Learn to manage it yourself.

Mychal, trust that you raised your child properly and let him be the man you believe he has become.

tontoz
03-01-2013, 10:21 AM

Then you must be a kid or just not paying attention.

Overdrive
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM

You mean like Vin Baker?

R.I.P.
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Can't respect it from Klay or Mychal side.

Klay, you're an adult earning large amounts of money. Learn to manage it yourself.

He

AlphaWolf24
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM

- happen's all the time...

- a young person has money ( and no one to guide them / explain to them ....that thier athletic career's if they are Lucky will be over in 5 - 7 years...most are over sooner)

- they buy houses, cars etc...and live a lifestyle that requires monthly payments, morgage..without a steady income that money dissapears fast.

- Props to Clay's dad for teaching his son....all dads should be as strict as Mr.Thompson.

- again...90% of athlete's have a very short career....career's are over by 25 or 30 years old....they need to be extremely smart on how they handle thier money.

- a 20 year old blowing 20 million$ on cars, House, partying etc..etc....by the time he is 30 he has no income.....then what?