PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Celtics, Clippers Discussing Deal (KG for Bledsoe and DJ)

no pun intended
02-16-2013, 02:05 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski Verified

‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan.

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4fdb51aceab8eaa52a000021/kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

imnew09
02-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Now we're talking about Clippers making it to the Final.

yhaanraads
KG aint going to flop city.
Besides why would they want Bledsoe?

Graviton
Why? That's great for short term, but what happens when they lose to OKC/Heat next 2 years and KG retires?

Clippers gotta plan for the future, same as OKC. Heat will win at least the next 2 championships but OKC/Clippers will reign supreme for 5+ years after Lebron slows down at 30+.

no pun intended
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
KG aint going to flop city.
Besides why would they want Bledsoe?
Young, solid PG to replace Rondo.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Stupid deal! We better be getting another young piece like Bradley for that. KG may retire in the next two years and we will have traded away our only young high upside players outside of Blake. Clippers won't be stupid enough to do this deal by itself. I'm all for moving Jordan+Bledsoe for something like KG+Lee which is likely what the deal would be.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Stupid deal! We better be getting another young piece like Bradley for that. KG may retire in the next two years and we will have traded away our only young high upside players outside of Blake. Clippers won't be stupid enough to do this deal by itself. I'm all for moving Jordan+Bledsoe for something like KG+Lee which is likely what the deal would be.
I feel like Bledsoe is as good as gone this summer after the Clippers max out CP3. Might as well make a legit title run while the opportunity is here

Oh I didn't see Deandre is in the deal too. Hmm.. yeah that's tough.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski Verified

‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan.

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4fdb51aceab8eaa52a000021/kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

what Clipps need is a 3 who can atleast try to guard Lebron/Durant.....

they should have gone after Gay instead of KG....just my 2 cents

Harison
Young, solid PG to replace Rondo.

...or to trade for someone else.

hawkfan
Why? That's great for short term, but what happens when they lose to OKC/Heat next 2 years and KG retires?

Clippers gotta plan for the future, same as OKC. Heat will win at least the next 2 championships but OKC/Clippers will reign supreme for 5+ years after Lebron slows down at 30+.

Jordan probably won't get better without a trade, and during the interim, Garnett even at this age is better. After 2 years, there will be a lot of cap space when his deal expires.

Bledsoe is going to want a big contract, and the Clippers probably won't have the cap space to spend on him.

Another option is Al Horford for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe and a 1st round pick (top 10 protected).

El Kabong
02-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Thought KG had a no trade clause that he said he wouldn't waive while Paul Pierce was still on the team?

PJR
02-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Would be an incredibly stupid trade for the Clippers. Not even the timberwolves got that much for late prime KG. If Ainge pulls that off...:oldlol:

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 02:18 AM
KG would ONLY waive it to go to the Clippers according to sources close to him. Clippers better not do this straight up or they are fu**ing retarded. Sure it will be great for a year but what if KG suddenly retires this year? Then we are royally fu**ed. At least better be getting Lee or Bradley out of this.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-16-2013, 02:20 AM
KG would ONLY waive it to go to the Clippers according to sources close to him. Clippers better not do this straight up or they are fu**ing retarded. Sure it will be great for a year but what if KG suddenly retires this year? Then we are royally fu**ed. At least better be getting Lee or Bradley out of this.

WTF Son....why would the Celtics give rising star Braley for same player bledsoe + trash DJ?

makes no sense

Dw1ll
02-16-2013, 02:20 AM
why in gods name would the clips do this?

lose 2 good YOUNG pieces for an old washed up KG who may or may not retire at the end of the year. dafuq?

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
why in gods name would the clips do this?

lose 2 good YOUNG pieces for an old washed up KG who may or may not retire at the end of the year. dafuq?

At the latest he retires after next year probably. Clippers give up more than the Celtics did for KG despite him being like 5 years older. :oldlol:

Pushxx
02-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Not a good trade for either team.

Bledsoe is an underrated high-upside player, but the Celtics already have two undersized combo guards for the future that can't run an offense exclusively.

DJ is an athletic enigma, which is great especially when you have a CP3/Rondo PG, but his offensive-ceiling is way too low. He's perfect in his role with the Clippers and Blake Griffin.

KG needs to stay a Celtic. He's invaluable to the Celtics on and off the court.

As for the Clippers, I don't see why they meddle with their biggest strength: explosiveness and depth. Bledsoe is amazing value.

andremiller07
02-16-2013, 02:47 AM
If the Clippers want to give themselves the best chance to win in the next 2 years you make this deal. KG is beyond a massive upgrade as a overall player than DJ and with Billups healthy for the most part now losing Bledsoe won't hurt as much. You got to take it while its there you never know with injuires and other factors if they will ever have this good a team again in the near future.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Vinny pushing for the deal, Clippers front office is mostly against it according to reports.

DuMa
02-16-2013, 02:55 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121216060047/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/5/54/Annoying_no_gif.gif

ProfessorMurder
02-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Dumb trade for the Celtics, get a lob catching, low IQ, poor free throw shooter and a guy who plays the same position as your 4 time all star who's still on the team.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 03:00 AM
If the Clippers want to give themselves the best chance to win in the next 2 years you make this deal. KG is beyond a massive upgrade as a overall player than DJ and with Billups healthy for the most part now losing Bledsoe won't hurt as much. You got to take it while its there you never know with injuires and other factors if they will ever have this good a team again in the near future.

Cripples the future though. Cap space wise it will free up a ton when KG retires but the team will be left with Griffin+CP3+Crawford+cap space instead of Griffin+CP3+DJ+Bledsoe.

InspiredLebowski
02-16-2013, 03:03 AM
If the Clippers want to give themselves the best chance to win in the next 2 years you make this deal. KG is beyond a massive upgrade as a overall player than DJ and with Billups healthy for the most part now losing Bledsoe won't hurt as much. You got to take it while its there you never know with injuires and other factors if they will ever have this good a team again in the near future.This. It's a lot to give up but when the chance for a title is there you have to take it. IT'S THE CLIPPERS.

Also, man, people overrate Jordan. He's a nice player but he ain't some franchise cornerstone.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 03:05 AM
This. It's a lot to give up but when the chance for a title is there you have to take it. IT'S THE CLIPPERS.

You guys aren't thinking as if this was your team. Let's say KG retires after this year. Then what are the Clippers left with? I'm all for getting rid of DJ for KG... but throwing in Bledsoe and we have NO assets left at all to get an upgrade. I suppose we can sign a few free agents who no doubt will be rushing to play with CP3+Blake but KG would have to play out the rest of his contract to make this worth it.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Cripples the future though. Cap space wise it will free up a ton when KG retires but the team will be left with Griffin+CP3+Crawford+cap space instead of Griffin+CP3+DJ+Bledsoe.
I really don't think they'll be able to resign Bledsoe.. what do you think the odds are? Someone's gonna give him starter's money

InspiredLebowski
02-16-2013, 03:07 AM
You guys aren't thinking as if this was your team. Let's say KG retires after this year. Then what are the Clippers left with? I'm all for getting rid of DJ for KG... but throwing in Bledsoe and we have NO assets left at all to get an upgrade. I suppose we can sign a few free agents who no doubt will be rushing to play with CP3+Blake but KG would have to play out the rest of his contract to make this worth it.You're left with a ring. FOR THE CLIPPERS. That's the thinking.

If you can get a ring **** the future, that should always be the goal. It's not like Sterling's going to shell out the money to match Bledsoe offers anyway.

andremiller07
02-16-2013, 03:08 AM
This. It's a lot to give up but when the chance for a title is there you have to take it. IT'S THE CLIPPERS.

Also, man, people overrate Jordan. He's a nice player but he ain't some franchise cornerstone.
Exactly and his contract ain't the best nethier, Clippers have to strike while the iron is hot, KG brings every single thing they need other than catching lobs, hes another guy who can space the floor for both Griffin & Paul and you can put in at the end of games. Even at 37 theres very few Kevin Garrnets you can find athletic lower skilled 7 footers before you find KG. If the Clippers were rebuilding or not really in a position to win than no way you do this trade but this is a different situation.

1/2 years of having a great chance to win a ring > 3/5 years of having a decent chance. Even if it does not work out its easy to get players to come play with CP3 and Blake and simply reload.

dunksby
02-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Clippers are in a similar situation OKC was with Harden, Bledsoe will want out or more money than the Clippers are wiling to pay so they are trying to get as much as they can for him. This is the best value they can get for him right now, KG will give them an edge over almost every West PO team save for the Spurs.

Celtic_Pride
02-16-2013, 03:12 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121216060047/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/5/54/Annoying_no_gif.gif

This

Deandre is an overpaid bum. If there is 1 team in the league that doesn't need Bledsoe, its the Celtics.

Makes no sense at all!

There are enough overpaid players for the Celtics in Bass, Green, Terry. Now replace KG with Deandre and that's a perennial 8th seed with a huge payroll. Cripples the Cs for years

Terrible trade

InspiredLebowski
02-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Sam Amico says Pierce is next

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/16/13/Sources-Celtics-contemplate-Garnett-trad/msn_landing.html?blockID=865075&feedID=3725

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 03:27 AM
I really don't think they'll be able to resign Bledsoe.. what do you think the odds are? Someone's gonna give him starter's money

He's on the books through next season at like 2 mill dude. Clippers could trade him next season and it won't affect them.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 03:53 AM
He's on the books through next season at like 2 mill dude. Clippers could trade him next season and it won't affect them.
Ohh ok, this whole time I thought he was a RFA this year

Y2Gezee
02-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Somebody is giving Ainge good advice.

Seriously, if he didn't take this opportunity with Rondo dropping as an opportunity to sell both Pierce and KG, or at least KG...he'd be an idiot. That window is already closed, has been for 2 years now. Ray Allen knew that.

Solid move for both teams. If KG is for it and won't up and retire, why not? They have a legit shot at the title this season, especially with KG. Celtics? Well Bledsoe and DJ are good pieces that you can see what they have this season as big time pieces on a team, and then you can try and re-build this offseason with a lot of nice young players to offer up. Bledsoe still has a lot of developing to do, but you can tell he's going to be a stud in some way. Whether he develops into an allstar? I don't know, but at the very worst he can be that constant 6th man candidate and a huge spark.

But if the Celtics don't make this move, they should be looking for another one

bdreason
02-16-2013, 04:04 AM
I wonder if Clips are worried about CP3 leaving. Going after someone like KG is really a "win now" type roster move.

All Net
02-16-2013, 04:17 AM
Question is does this deal make clippers beat miami? I honestly don't think so and this would hurt them long term.

Great deal for Boston though.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:17 AM
Ohh ok, this whole time I thought he was a RFA this year

Naw. We picked up his option through 2013-2014 season. This is just too much value for KG who may retire this year.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Question is does this deal make clippers beat miami? I honestly don't think so and this would hurt them long term.

Great deal for Boston though.

Clippers already have the talent to beat Miami and the matchups. KG would make them the favorites. They would be the one team in the NBA without a single glaring weakness. It does hurt long term but short term they would have a VERY good shot at the title the next year or two.

All Net
02-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Clippers already have the talent to beat Miami and the matchups. KG would make them the favorites. They would be the one team in the NBA without a single glaring weakness. It does hurt long term but short term they would have a VERY good shot at the title the next year or two.

They would have a legit shot to win but to me wouldn't be favourites. Guess it depends how long KG plays for it to worth it.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:25 AM
They would have a legit shot to win but to me wouldn't be favourites. Guess it depends how long KG plays for it to worth it.

I just don't see Miami being as formidable as some people are making it out to be. Yes they are the favorites but this isn't the 96 Bulls. They are very beatable.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-16-2013, 04:33 AM

my ass they would beat the miami heat...like i said earlier...they dont have a guy/guys to stop Durant and then Lebron.....

dont tell me bull sh!t about G Hill or butler guarding anybody....neither Barnes...As laker fan...u will learn that Barnes will get anytime soon as playoffs are around the corner...

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:35 AM
my ass they would beat the miami heat...like i said earlier...they dont have a guy/guys to stop Durant and then Lebron.....

dont tell me bull sh!t about G Hill or butler guarding anybody....neither Barnes...As laker fan...u will learn that Barnes will get anytime soon as playoffs are around the corner...

Who guards CP3? Griffin? KG? Goes both ways bud. Heat have 1 guy you can't guard, we have multiple. Wade and Bosh have pretty much been our bitch the last couple years.

All Net
02-16-2013, 04:35 AM
I just don't see Miami being as formidable as some people are making it out to be. Yes they are the favorites but this isn't the 96 Bulls. They are very beatable.

Didn't say miami are unbeatable but they have the best player in the world.. And in current form nobody is likely to beat him but yea clips would stand a good chance with KG.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Bosh vs the Clippers:

2012-2013: 11 ppg, 9 rpg. The only team he's played worse against is the Lakers.

2011-2012: 16 ppg, 11 rpg BUT played 43 minutes and shot 37 percent.

Wade vs the Clippers:

2012-2013: 13 ppg on 38 percent shooting. 4.5 rpg, 6.5 apg. Only team he's played worse against is the Kings but that was one game, this is 3 games.

2011-2012: 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg on just 35 percent shooting from the field.

Posted this in the other thread today.

B4llin
02-16-2013, 04:44 AM
Supposedly KG and Peirce told Ainge they are retiring at the end of the year so they asked him to trade them to the lakers for howard and that they'll retire when they get to L.A ..... just to screw the lakers over.

ukballer
02-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Clippers need to worry about an OKC matchup first before thinking about Miami. Walk before you can run and all that. Saying that, I definitely think this deal in the short-term would take them into definite contender status.

I saw the comparison in another thread yesterday. When a player is on your own team, you think he's untradeable, or don't see who else could come in and be better. It's human nature, not taking a jab at anyone. I don't think the loss of DJ and Bledsoe would be quite as catastrophic as it's being made out to be. Retiring in 2 years or not, this is still KG. Even if he's shocked by the trade, he's not the type to just shrivel up and not try, that's not his nature. I think it's highly likely that another Celtic player is added to the deal (not Avery Bradley though).

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Clippers need to worry about an OKC matchup first before thinking about Miami. Walk before you can run and all that. Saying that, I definitely think this deal in the short-term would take them into definite contender status.

I saw the comparison in another thread yesterday. When a player is on your own team, you think he's untradeable, or don't see who else could come in and be better. It's human nature, not taking a jab at anyone. I don't think the loss of DJ and Bledsoe would be quite as catastrophic as it's being made out to be. Retiring in 2 years or not, this is still KG. Even if he's shocked by the trade, he's not the type to just shrivel up and not try, that's not his nature. I think it's highly likely that another Celtic player is added to the deal (not Avery Bradley though).

This year no it's not catastrophic. KG and a role player would immediately make the Clippers better. That's not the point of contention for Clippers fans. The point of contention is KG retires in two years max and the Clippers gave up their young core outside of Blake.

All Net
02-16-2013, 05:22 AM
This year no it's not catastrophic. KG and a role player would immediately make the Clippers better. That's not the point of contention for Clippers fans. The point of contention is KG retires in two years max and the Clippers gave up their young core outside of Blake.

It's title or bust for clips given the young talent they would give up.. They would certainly get far less athletic.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:28 AM
It's title or bust for clips given the young talent they would give up.. They would certainly get far less athletic.

Pretty much. It's pushing all of the chips in for one or two runs max, similar to what the Lakers did trading 5 picks for Nash and the trade for Howard. As you see in the Lakers situation it's not always guaranteed to work the first year. Imagine if KG never quite blends and then retires at the end of the year? Sure we will have a lot of cap space and people would likely love to play here but again it's a gamble.

I understand these gambles can pay off but the Clippers as currently constructed have a puncher's chance already with good upside going forward.

Shade8780
02-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Don't do this Danny!! :(

roffie
02-16-2013, 05:36 AM
it depends how u look at this trade.. long term of course every1 is going to think this deal is shit. but its obvious the clippers intention is going all or nothing and is just optimizing their chances to win this season and let's face it.. they won't be able keep paying blesdoe to come off from the bench. if landry fields got offered that absurd contract i don't see why blesdoe won't be getting the same (and more).

at the end of the day it's just DJ for garnett and what i'm guessing the clippers don't see DJ's development to grow much further.

All Net
02-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Pretty much. It's pushing all of the chips in for one or two runs max, similar to what the Lakers did trading 5 picks for Nash and the trade for Howard. As you see in the Lakers situation it's not always guaranteed to work the first year. Imagine if KG never quite blends and then retires at the end of the year? Sure we will have a lot of cap space and people would likely love to play here but again it's a gamble.

I understand these gambles can pay off but the Clippers as currently constructed have a puncher's chance already with good upside going forward.

Oh the bright side this is a gamble clips never would of had the balls to do in the past.. So,shows they are now finally trying to win.

BlackWhiteGreen
02-16-2013, 05:43 AM

Enough for Paul and Howard, though (if you could dump Butler). You'd have $24m committed to Blake, Crawford, and Hill, enough to give Paul and Howard deals starting at ~$18m per. Sign a SG with the mini MLE then wait for players to throw themselves at you for the minimum.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Enough for Paul and Howard, though (if you could dump Butler). You'd have $24m committed to Blake, Crawford, and Hill, enough to give Paul and Howard deals starting at ~$18m per. Sign a SG with the mini MLE then wait for players to throw themselves at you for the minimum.

Hmm I didn't think about just HOW much cap space. Hill is retiring at the end of the season too so we would actually have more like 20 mill. I'm all for this after talking numbers. No way in hell a max player like Howard DOESN'T rush to play with CP3+Blake and like you said role players would sign up on the cheap like Miami.

All Net
02-16-2013, 05:53 AM
^ This could screw up heat/thunder finals plans for the next 3-4 years if that happens :lol

unbreakable
02-16-2013, 05:54 AM
LMAO at clipper fans not respecting KGs ability..

reminds me of the bulls fans when they didnt wanna give up deng for KOBE BRYANT LMAO

KG instantly makes this team a legit title contender (as of now they are a bonafide 2nd round exit). KG brings toughness to your interior which you SEVERELY LACK, all time great defensive leadership, all time great intensity, rebounding, clutch, great passer...

yet you wanna hold on to a backup pg and an athletic , non offensive center :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

andremiller07
02-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Is DJ seriously that big a loss to the Clippers? Seriously theres a lot of PF/C's that are way better overall in the L right now, Jermaine O"Neal could fill in and do what DJ does while shooting free throws. The Clippers could find guys in the upcoming draft that could do the things he does. If Paul stays and resigns than again Bledsoe only plays like 10-15mins max a game and he most likely would want to go somewhere to play more.

I just don't see the big deal in losing DJ, hes a fantastic athlete no doubt and at times plays good D but really hes not going to be the difference in the Clippers winning games or not now or in the future, KG is in the now.

As long as you have Paul/Griffin as the core than you can sign free agents to come to play for the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Is DJ seriously that big a loss to the Clippers? Seriously theres a lot of PF/C's that are way better overall in the L right now, Jermaine O"Neal could fill in and do what DJ does while shooting free throws. The Clippers could find guys in the upcoming draft that could do the things he does. If Paul stays and resigns than again Bledsoe only plays like 10-15mins max a game and he most likely would want to go somewhere to play more.

I just don't see the big deal in losing DJ, hes a fantastic athlete no doubt and at times plays good D but really hes not going to be the difference in the Clippers winning games or not now or in the future, KG is in the now.

As long as you have Paul/Griffin as the core than you can sign free agents to come to play for the Clippers.

DJ isn't the loss, Bledsoe is. Not because he has a big future on our team but because of his value that could net us a younger player. Like I just said though I suppose about 20 mill in cap space going into free agency isn't too bad :D .

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:01 AM
LMAO at clipper fans not respecting KGs ability..

reminds me of the bulls fans when they didnt wanna give up deng for KOBE BRYANT LMAO

KG instantly makes this team a legit title contender (as of now they are a bonafide 2nd round exit). KG brings toughness to your interior which you SEVERELY LACK, all time great defensive leadership, all time great intensity, rebounding, clutch, great passer...

yet you wanna hold on to a backup pg and an athletic , non offensive center :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Which Clippers fan has disrespected KG? Also please don't comment on teams you don't follow. The Clippers don't lack toughness in the paint at all. Our team is filled with gritty guys who love to bang in the block and goon it up with hard fouls.

Not to mention the Clippers absolutely are NOT capped at the 2nd round with this roster. This team if they can stay healthy has a very realistic shot at the WCF.

devin112
02-16-2013, 06:03 AM
DJ and a couple of picks.

unbreakable
02-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Which Clippers fan has disrespected KG? Also please don't comment on teams you don't follow. The Clippers don't lack toughness in the paint at all. Our team is filled with gritty guys who love to bang in the block and goon it up with hard fouls.

Not to mention the Clippers absolutely are NOT capped at the 2nd round with this roster. This team if they can stay healthy has a very realistic shot at the WCF.

1. what grit? blake has grit? :wtf: dude routinely grabs 1-2 rebounds in a HALF UNACCEPTABLE for your star big man... as for DJ he basically = kendrick perkins... good big body, not much else

2. clips aint getting past the spurs or OKC as it stands. so stop dreaming

3. erik bledsoe is not the clippers CORE. a backup pg cannot be a CORE. stop overrating him and stop disrespecting KG.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:09 AM
1. what grit? blake has grit? :wtf: dude routinely grabs 1-2 rebounds in a HALF UNACCEPTABLE for your star big man... as for DJ he basically = kendrick perkins... good big body, not much else

2. clips aint getting past the spurs or OKC as it stands. so stop dreaming

3. erik bledsoe is not the clippers CORE. a backup pg cannot be a CORE. stop overrating him and stop disrespecting KG.

I said the Clippers have a shot at the WCF, didn't guarantee anything.. so stop being dense. Yes.. Blake is one of the most physical players in the league, Odom, Hollins and Turiaf are also extremely physical. Blake's decrease in rebounding has a lot to do with the changes to the team, doesn't mean he's not a physical or tough player.

Kendrick Perkins has NOWHERE near the physical tools of DJ and this year is half the player or less so not sure I get the comparison. Eric Bledsoe is a part of the Clippers core for now until he's dealt. He's our 4th best player and is a big part of what our team does. Stop commenting on teams you don't follow :hammerhead: :hammerhead: .

Darius
02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
The clippers have to take this trade if its on the table.

KG makes their half court offense elite with pick and pop ability and opening up the land for griffin. Cp3/billups/kg/griffin? That's 4 very smart players and passers playing w each other. Pick on rolls on either side of the floor.

KG will also improve a defense that is already top 5.

Sad to lose Bledsoe and DJ but fact is DJ is overpaid and Bledsoe will not be kept because of the money he will command. Bledsoe, in reality, is traded for Alec Burke or someone like him in offseason.

By dropping DJs salary and having KG come off the books in 2 years clippers will be able to sign a big time impact FA and players will be dying to play for the clips. They als have all their future picks to get more young players.

Darius
02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Biggest considerations to this trade are health and chemistry.

Health bc billups and kg are old with major injuries in recent years.

Chemistry bc clips are close team and DJs personality is big part of that

howlin_wolf
02-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Let's not kid ourselves. If the Clippers have the chance to do this trade, they will do it. And they're completely right to do it.

Doranku
02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Does Flop City really need another fake tough guy?

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
how much cap space you think u'll have?

Whoah10115
02-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm glad he verified it.

Nah lol.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
When asked if there was any team or circumstance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."

"If its up to me I will live and die green," KG said. When reminded its up to him, KG said: "OK then. So what are we talking about it?"

MJ(Mean John)
02-16-2013, 01:35 PM

lol. I can already see you after 2 years (Which is a long time. maybe not basketball but when you stop and think about 2 years of time)

"Man, The clippers are f.ucken awesome. They brought in the best vet in KG. He is the reason we won the chip. He is the best big all time. Hands down. It was a steal. Now we have cap room."

PP34Deuce
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
When asked if there was any team or circumstance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."

I dont think people realize he KG actually enjoys Boston. He and Paul Pierce are closer and he loves Doc Rivers. I dont think any BOS trade happens unless they agree to package PP with him or they notify each one where they are going.

Deandre Jordan is durable athletic and only 23. But No way I see BOS taking Bledsoe.

sfballa13
02-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Clippers should trade for KG + Pierce

KG + Pierce
for
Bledsoe, Butler, Odom, Jordan, 2 first round picks

Clippers become

CP3 - Billups - Pierce - Blake - KG

That team goes to the finals

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I feel like Bledsoe is as good as gone this summer after the Clippers max out CP3. Might as well make a legit title run while the opportunity is here

Oh I didn't see Deandre is in the deal too. Hmm.. yeah that's tough.

I think KG would bring a certain kind of toughness that the Clippers truly lack right now.

If the Clippers believe that their a KG away from making the final then by all means do this now

BG + KG would be a nasty front court

PP34Deuce
02-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Clippers should trade for KG + Pierce

KG + Pierce
for
Bledsoe, Butler, Odom, Jordan, 2 first round picks

Clippers become

CP3 - Billups - Pierce - Blake - KG

That team goes to the finals

Dont think Boston wants Bledsoe when he and Bradley are similar in ways and Rondo being ready for next season. Celtics actually need legit guard size at SG.

qrich
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm hoping Sacks is a good enough negotiator to get this down to just DeAndre + two firsts for KG as opposed to Bledsoe and DJ for KG. But either way, it's a trade I take and run with as long as Garnett is willing to play out his contract. The upgrade he brings over Jordan is immense and will definitely put the Clippers in the upper echelon as opposed to right there on the cusp. I'd definitely also ask for Melo on the way back as well.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Of course KG is going to initially be cold to it. I truly do feel he's just fine and happy as a Celtic and we all know he's probably the most loyal dude in the NBA. Thing is... if he truly wants a shot at another ring in the next two years and to be closer to his family in Malibu, it's a good idea for him.

RidonKs
02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
god i hope this happens. big risk but huge upside.

clips would be dumb to give up both though

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Remember when Chauncey Billups said he would retire if any team besides a title contender picked him up? When we signed him he was cold to us at first but the minute he got around our family environment of players and a front office that truly cared enough to welcome him and make him feel at home... he bought in.

Now he says this is the best environment he's ever been in and he's obviously happy. I think KG once he actually got here would immediately love his teammates, being able to sleep in his own bed and being able to compete for a title. I don't see any sort of chemistry issue. The loss of Bledsoe hurts but DJ not as much.

CelticBaller
02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
If KG is traded, I'm going to put all my hate for flop city aside and I will glady root for them. Let KG go out with a bang

devin112
02-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Remember when Chauncey Billups said he would retire if any team besides a title contender picked him up? When we signed him he was cold to us at first but the minute he got around our family environment of players and a front office that truly cared enough to welcome him and make him feel at home... he bought in.

Now he says this is the best environment he's ever been in and he's obviously happy. I think KG once he actually got here would immediately love his teammates, being able to sleep in his own bed and being able to compete for a title. I don't see any sort of chemistry issue. The loss of Bledsoe hurts but DJ not as much.
also before kg bleed green, he bled twolves blue and didn't want to be traded to the Celtics either. It took his friends to convince him. He's very loyal, but can be reasoned with. It might be best for everyone involved.

Droid101
02-16-2013, 04:47 PM
also before kg bleed green, he bled twolves blue and didn't want to be traded to the Celtics either. It took his friends to convince him. He's very loyal, but can be reasoned with. It might be best for everyone involved.
Dwight Metta and Clark for KG and Pierce. Get it done.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Devin you're 100 percent right. KG just is a loyal ass dude. As you said though he's reasonable and intelligent. Sit him down with the Clippers guys and let them reason with him.

"Clippers confident they could change Kevin Garnett's mind about a trade if the Celtics tell him they want to do it, a source tells Y! sports"

-Marc Spears

BlackWhiteGreen
02-16-2013, 04:58 PM
If KG is traded, I'm going to put all my hate for flop city aside and I will glady root for them. Let KG go out with a bang

I don't have any particular dislike for them as it is but I agree, I'd be rooting for any team that lands Pierce or Garnett as long as it's not the Lakers.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't have any particular dislike for them as it is but I agree, I'd be rooting for any team that lands Pierce or Garnett as long as it's not the Lakers.

Most Celtics fans I know like the Clippers as a second team to root for but this is probably because they are LA natives and hate the Lakers so much so it's more by default :oldlol: .

Celtic_Pride
02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
KG would definitely agree to play for the Clips

For the sake of Celtics, I hope this doesn't happen. They really don't Deandre's contract and Bledsoe. If they flip these 2 for Josh Smith or Al Jefferson, it would be cool

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
KG would definitely agree to play for the Clips

For the sake of Celtics, I hope this doesn't happen. They really don't Deandre's contract and Bledsoe. If they flip these 2 for Josh Smith or Al Jefferson, it would be cool

Not trying to change your mind but it's a good trade for you guys too man. Just think about your young core going forward and all the trade assets.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Jordan

6th man: Bledsoe

I mean that's one hell of a young core that probably no team in the NBA can match in terms of youth, upside and raw talent (for young teams) outside of the Rockets.

Not to mention everybody besides Jordan is a very tradable, valuable asset. I understand it's tough to let go of KG though because he's the heart and soul of the Celtics.

Jordan is not a bad player, I want you guys to know that. He's definitely developing slower than I want as a fan of a team trying to win titles NOW but we drafted him knowing he was a long term project, 35th pick. He's still on pace for a Tyson Chandler type career. Chandler didn't emerge as a true defensive anchor until about season 7 and DJ is in 5. He's a pretty good center, it's just that he's paid like a VERY good player that bugs me. If he was making more like 8 mill a year I wouldn't complain.

Bledsoe on the other hand... you've seen what he can do. You would LOVE this kid's heart, hustle and work ethic the way you do Bradley's. I doubt you'd want him traded if you got him on your team. He's got more upside and athleticism than Bradley.

devin112
02-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Plus he's probably taking this reluctant stance to avoid the wraith of bean town, I don't blame him. If he did anything diff people would call him a ring chaser

Celtic_Pride
02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Not trying to change your mind but it's a good trade for you guys too man. Just think about your young core going forward and all the trade assets.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Jordan

6th man: Bledsoe

I mean that's one hell of a young core that probably no team in the NBA can match in terms of youth, upside and raw talent (for young teams) outside of the Rockets.

Not to mention everybody besides Jordan is a very tradable, valuable asset. I understand it's tough to let go of KG though because he's the heart and soul of the Celtics.

Jordan is not a bad player, I want you guys to know that. He's definitely developing slower than I want as a fan of a team trying to win titles NOW but we drafted him knowing he was a long term project, 35th pick. He's still on pace for a Tyson Chandler type career. Chandler didn't emerge as a true defensive anchor until about season 7 and DJ is in 5. He's a pretty good center, it's just that he's paid like a VERY good player that bugs me. If he was making more like 8 mill a year I wouldn't complain.

Bledsoe on the other hand... you've seen what he can do. You would LOVE this kid's heart, hustle and work ethic the way you do Bradley's. I doubt you'd want him traded if you got him on your team. He's got more upside and athleticism than Bradley.

No outside shooting to complement Rondo.

The core is alright but when you add Deandre's contract to the current team, they are maxed out for the next few years with NO flexibility. They are trade assets for sure..I agree on that. Ainge loves to pile up trade assets and make a splash like he did it during the summer of 07!

IMO, If they trade KG and Pierce, Cs should get back atleast 1 wing player or a big who can create his own shot

I love Bledsoe's hustle and work ethic but with Rondo and Bradley, adding Bledsoe doesn't make any sense since they need size and shooting at the guard spot!

Just saw Simmons latest tweet,

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
4. Also, Clips dumping DeAndre's deal in a KG trade is huge if KG retires this summer or next. Gives Clips cap space for summer of 14 (LBJ).

This would obviously be a great trade for the Clippers..

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:13 PM
"I love the way he competes as a player," Griffin said. "He's a very, very serious competitor. His level of professionalism is off the charts. Every game, I've heard he's the most intense guy to be around. That's tough to do to play as many games as he's played and still have that level of intensity."

As much as Griffin likes the Clippers' roster, he made it clear that there is certainly room for improvement on the team and sometimes personnel moves are a part of that improvement process.

"I think we need to be better," Griffin said. "I think we have enough talent to be a championship contender ... Sometimes you have to plant the seeds and let them grow and all that but with the pieces we have now is the time to continually keep attacking and make those moves to be a championship team."

"Everybody knows I love our team and love the position that we're in right now," Paul said. "We've been playing great basketball. Right now I'm focused on who we have and what we're doing because we're not playing bad ... Whatever we have out there, we're going to fight with. We're like brothers. I love our team and we're moving forward."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8954542/chris-paul-blake-griffin-welcome-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers

Blake has the freaking right mindset of a future champion. He sets aside his friendship and understands the bottom line is WINNING. CP3 on the other hand ironically is more in the no trade camp despite being an even bigger competitor.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
No outside shooting to complement Rondo.

The core is alright but when you add Deandre's contract to the current team, they are maxed out for the next few years with NO flexibility. They are trade assets for sure..I agree on that. Ainge loves to pile up trade assets and make a splash like he did it during the summer of 07!

IMO, If they trade KG and Pierce, Cs should get back atleast 1 wing player or a big who can create his own shot

I love Bledsoe's hustle and work ethic but with Rondo and Bradley, adding Bledsoe doesn't make any sense since they need size and shooting at the guard spot!

Just saw Simmons latest tweet,

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
4. Also, Clips dumping DeAndre's deal in a KG trade is huge if KG retires this summer or next. Gives Clips cap space for summer of 14 (LBJ).

This would obviously be a great trade for the Clippers..

You'd obviously flip Pierce for some young shooters man. I agree though Bledsoe, Bradley or Rondo would likely need to be traded. You have a half a season to figure out which one you want to keep. I personally would keep Bledsoe over Bradley though. I think Bledsoe has finally surpassed Bradley as an all around player this year.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:19 PM
2014 free agency includes Lebron, Melo and countless other good players.

CP3
Griffin
Melo

would be insane. I doubt Lebron leaves Miami.

longtime lurker
02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
This is pretty much a no brainer for the Clippers, but just putting together talent doesn't always work out. See the Lakers...

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
This is pretty much a no brainer for the Clippers, but just putting together talent doesn't always work out. See the Lakers...

Never guarantees. No offense but we have a different class of players who aren't primadonna's, that's the difference. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Billups etc are fantastic leaders and teammates who don't care about the glory and don't have big egos the way Kobe and Dwight do. So I don't see the same conflict at all. Anybody who we've added to our team the last 2 years falls into line and does what they are told with zero issue. We have too many respected vets for anybody to pull any shit.

I also think KG will be on the same wavelength as CP3, Griffin and Billups right off the bat.

Derka
02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
If Danny does this shit, it more or less tells me that he gives up on this team. And if he's throwing this season out, than so am I. I'll watch the Bruins and read more or something.

DJ's not that good and he certainly isn't a piece you build for the future around, while Bledsoe is a rental unless Danny has plans to deal Rondo.

D-Rose
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
This rumor seems to be the hottest one right now.

I think it makes sense for both teams...I'm guessing the Celts are kind of throwing in the towel after Rondo's injury. Interesting though that you're hearing rumors of a Rondo trade as well. Not to mention that perhaps for KG to agree to a trade, PP would have to be traded first.

Would be rather freaking surreal if they traded two of those three guys...seems like something that'd happen more in the summer than in the midst of a playoff run, but Rondo's injury does change things a bit.

Human Error
02-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I know the Celtics want to rebuild but it is not right to trade Garnett for DJ and Bledsoe. DJ is an overpaid center who showed no progress this season and he is most likely be a left handed Javale McGhee for the rest of his career. Eric Bledsoe is the most overrated young player in the league by their own fans along with Iman Shumpert, of course he could fly but he does not possess the natural court vision and playmaking ability required for a floor general and his best case scenario is a bigger Nate Robinson.

KG has a potential to net better deals for the Celtics for instance packages including Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, Demarcus Cousins, Andrea Bargnani etc if they are willing to be more creative and do more research. But major props for the Clippers if they can convince the Celtics to do this, KG will make them instantly better at both ends it is almost scary.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Never guarantees. No offense but we have a different class of players who aren't primadonna's, that's the difference. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Billups etc are fantastic leaders and teammates who don't care about the glory and don't have big egos the way Kobe and Dwight do. So I don't see the same conflict at all. Anybody who we've added to our team the last 2 years falls into line and does what they are told with zero issue. We have too many respected vets for anybody to pull any shit.

I also think KG will be on the same wavelength as CP3, Griffin and Billups right off the bat.

I will take kobe over those mutha fcukers u mentioned as leaders....even howard.... He took some scrubs to the chip finals....

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I will take kobe over those mutha fcukers u mentioned as leaders....even howard.... He took some scrubs to the chip finals....

Okay.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-16-2013, 06:37 PM
I know the Celtics want to rebuild but it is not right to trade Garnett for DJ and Bledsoe. DJ is an overpaid center who showed no progress this season and he is most likely be a left handed Javale McGhee for the rest of his career. Eric Bledsoe is the most overrated young player in the league by their own fans along with Iman Shumpert, of course he could fly but he does not possess the natural court vision and playmaking ability required for a floor general and his best case scenario is a bigger Nate Robinson.

KG has a potential to net better deals for the Celtics for instance packages including Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, Demarcus Cousins, Andrea Bargnani etc if they are willing to be more creative and do more research. But major props for the Clippers if they can convince the Celtics to do this, KG will make them instantly better at both ends it is almost scary.

Mcghee >>> DJ right now

Mcghee even tough if he makes plays has game... Give him a yr to mature and he will dominate....DJ is kwame level scrub

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Philadelphia 76er guard Jrue Holiday got a first-hand look at the Clippers' last week, and while his team lost

Doctor Rivers
02-16-2013, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Clippersfan86]Philadelphia 76er guard Jrue Holiday got a first-hand look at the Clippers' last week, and while his team lost

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 08:01 PM
James & Wade >>>>

As individuals I agree 100 percent. Chemistry wise on and off the court, not even close. Nor are they "balanced". They take turns isoing, Chris and Blake feed off each other.

CP3MVP
02-16-2013, 08:17 PM
LAL gets: Rondo, DJ
LAC gets: KG, Jordan Hill
BOS gets: Dwight, Bledsoe

Rondo / Kobe / Metta / Gasol / DeAndre - improvement
CP3 / Billups / Butler / Griffin / Garnett - improvement
Bledsoe / Lee / Pierce / Bass / Dwight - improvement

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=cq487yy

http://i.imgur.com/NKNRfz0.jpg

qrich
02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
LAL gets: Rondo, DJ
LAC gets: KG, Jordan Hill
BOS gets: Dwight, Bledsoe

Rondo / Kobe / Metta / Gasol / DeAndre - improvement
CP3 / Billups / Butler / Griffin / Garnett - improvement
Bledsoe / Lee / Pierce / Bass / Dwight - improvement

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=cq487yy

And why the hell would the Clippers help the Lakers get better? To get a guy who is out for the remainder of the year and isn't that good himself?

CP3MVP
02-16-2013, 08:37 PM
And why the hell would the Clippers help the Lakers get better? To get a guy who is out for the remainder of the year and isn't that good himself?

Jordan Hill isn't that good? He's a great young piece to have, plays with a lot of intensity and could be turned into a great center next to Paul. Better fundamentals than DJ. Not to mention a higher PER for a cheaper salary.

A front court rotation of Griffin/Garnett/Hill/Odom > Griffin/Jordan/Odom

Pushxx
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Celtics don't want injured, clown-ass, butter fingers, team cancer Dwight.

qrich
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Jordan Hill isn't that good? He's a great young piece to have, plays with a lot of intensity and could be turned into a great center next to Paul. Better fundamentals than DJ. Not to mention a higher PER for a cheaper salary.

A front court rotation of Griffin/Garnett/Hill/Odom > Griffin/Jordan/Odom

1] He's a free agent at seasons end while being injured, making him irrelevant in this trade.

2] Great young piece? Man, it seems it is so much easier to be a great young piece these days. He's a good hustle guy, but that is about it. Was Craig Smith ever a great young piece? Or Josh Powell? Mikki Moore? Chris Wilcox? Melvin Ely? Man, even stretching to Nick Fazekas?

3] Great Center? Even with how weak the position is, Hill won't crack the top 5, or even 7, hell probably not even 10-15. Can't be great unless you can crack the top 5 in a weak position.

4] Why would the Clippers even consider making the Lakers a better squad?

qrich
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
And it is Boston initiating talks, not the Clips

While there had been no communication between the Clippers' and Celtics' front offices as of two weeks ago regarding a deal that would bring Garnett to the Clippers, a person with knowledge of the situation said Boston has initiated the talks but nothing substantial has come of them. The Clippers, the person said, are considering this possibility and a number of others as the deadline approaches. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the discussions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/02/16/chris-paul-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers-boston-celtics/1925137/

Paul also doesn't want the trade to go down.

Derka
02-16-2013, 10:49 PM
And it is Boston initiating talks, not the Clips

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/02/16/chris-paul-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers-boston-celtics/1925137/

Paul also doesn't want the trade to go down.

I don't buy it. If Danny wanted to have the option of trading KG, why give him a no-trade clause in the first place?

Boston isn't initiating these talks and whoever said that is making it up.

magnax1
02-16-2013, 11:23 PM
If this went through I'd have a hard time seeing the Clippers not winning the title.

TrueRob
02-16-2013, 11:47 PM
I hope the Clips can get KG. That would put them in a position to compete for the Western Conference championship at the very least. I like DJ, he's fun to watch, but overall, he's not really that good. I don't expect him to get much better either. I don't think it would be the end of the world if the Clips moved him.

Derka
02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
I hope the Clips can get KG. That would put them in a position to compete for the Western Conference championship at the very least. I like DJ, he's fun to watch, but overall, he's not really that good. I don't expect him to get much better either. I don't think it would be the end of the world if the Clips moved him.

Precisely what I'm hoping Danny is saying with this stupid trade rumor.

DuMa
02-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I thought you couldnt trade injured players, especially ones out for the season by the deadline. How are they supposed to pass a physical?

flipogb
02-17-2013, 03:42 AM
I thought you couldnt trade injured players, especially ones out for the season by the deadline. How are they supposed to pass a physical?
teams can choose to disregard it, seriously this gets asked in every injured player trade ideas

Clippersfan86
02-17-2013, 03:51 AM
More this sits more I'm actually leaning against this trade again. Mainly because if we actually hire a great coach I think they can get way more out of DJ+Bledsoe than Vinny is. Not only increasing their trade value tremendously but benefiting the team as well.

Gary Sacks the Clippers GM said something pretty telling today.

"If the coaching staff can't figure out how to get the most out of the guys we have, that's their problem".

Yes this is an actual quote.

BlackWhiteGreen
02-17-2013, 09:30 AM

I don't know. I've seen flashes of a post game and he's only what, 24? If we were rebuilding I don't think we'd get a much better offer than Bledsoe and Jordan.

Haymaker
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
More this sits more I'm actually leaning against this trade again. Mainly because if we actually hire a great coach I think they can get way more out of DJ+Bledsoe than Vinny is. Not only increasing their trade value tremendously but benefiting the team as well.

Gary Sacks the Clippers GM said something pretty telling today.

"If the coaching staff can't figure out how to get the most out of the guys we have, that's their problem".

Yes this is an actual quote.

Maybe they just want to make sure Clippers go straight to the finals so Paul stay and other FA's in the future consider signing with them.

MetsPackers
02-17-2013, 05:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a93ntju