PDA

View Full Version : James Harden last 9 games

TylerOO
02-08-2013, 11:33 PM
He struggled big time for a 4 game stretch and was getting bashed here but since that stretch he has been on an absolute tear.

Last 9 games

26.4 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.6 SPG, 55% FG, 51.2% from 3 (21-41)

Rockets are 6-3 in those games. Only losses coming in Miami, Denver, and at home vs Denver.

Only player better than him during this stretch has been LeBron.

IGotACoolStory
02-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Story of his season.

TylerOO
02-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Story of his season.

Yea but I've been impressed with his shot selection lately. And he has been lights out from downtown as of late. Very impressive.

DMV2
02-08-2013, 11:42 PM
I think he definitely has a case for the title of best SG in the game right now. 25.8/4.6/5.6/1.9 and currently leading his team to a playoff spot.

I'm sure Kobe lovers will say otherwise.

shoops
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Really liking his passing recently, hope he can keep that up

Day La Ghetto
02-09-2013, 03:03 AM
I think he definitely has a case for the title of best SG in the game right now. 25.8/4.6/5.6/1.9 and currently leading his team to a playoff spot.

With kobes struggles of late and wades consistent still not great yet is say he's having the best season fro a 2 guard, I'm still anticipating wade to keep getting better and better after all star break.

spiegel
02-09-2013, 03:51 AM
He is averaging almost a triple double in the last 4 games and 35 points 6 boards 9 assists in the last 2 games on almost 70% shooting and 80 % from the the 3pt line.

BrickingStar
02-09-2013, 04:14 AM
He is averaging almost a triple double in the last 4 games and 35 points 6 boards 9 assists in the last 2 games on almost 70% shooting and 80 % from the the 3pt line.
so basically 5 numerals away from averaging a triple double in those last 2 games huh? Sounds like this years lebron season average

spiegel
02-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Well Lebron is a freak of nature.

Whoah10115
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM

He has a legitimate argument over Bryant. He and Kobe are battling for the 2nd guard spot, ahead of Chris Paul and behind Tony Parker.

dunksby
02-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Harden>LeBron.

chips93
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM
He has a legitimate argument over Bryant. He and Kobe are battling for the 2nd guard spot, ahead of Chris Paul and behind Tony Parker.

:durantunimpressed:

come on brah, parker is nice, really consistent, but he doesnt have the impact that harden, kobe, cp3 have.

steve franchise
02-09-2013, 06:51 PM
James Harden is the real deal, a bit overrated though. Too bad Houston isn't tanking like they're supposed to. They'll end up with another.500 record and another 14th pick.

:violin:

Whoah10115
02-09-2013, 08:43 PM
:durantunimpressed:

come on brah, parker is nice, really consistent, but he doesnt have the impact that harden, kobe, cp3 have.

He's been the best guard this season.

millwad
02-09-2013, 08:46 PM
James Harden is the real deal, a bit overrated though. Too bad Houston isn't tanking like they're supposed to. They'll end up with another.500 record and another 14th pick.

No reason to tank, they have the youngest team and tanking will not give them any real experience and Morey will probably get something good done pretty soon.

Phantom_Blue
02-09-2013, 11:04 PM

When you have one of the youngest teams in the league and you're above .500, it breeds confidence and a winning attitude, not to mention you have actual assets, and not players that put up stats on a bad team.

Give me this team any day over the cavs, bobcats and wizards. That's what happens when you suck and get high draft picks every year.

Big#50
02-09-2013, 11:46 PM
OKC will miss this guy in the playoffs. Dude is the truth.

TylerOO
02-10-2013, 01:00 AM

inb4 his finals performance

I dont care how he did in the finals. If Miami can take out Harden in a series, they will have no problem taking Kevin Martin out.

TMac&Luther
02-10-2013, 01:55 AM
When you have one of the youngest teams in the league and you're above .500, it breeds confidence and a winning attitude, not to mention you have actual assets, and not players that put up stats on a bad team.

Give me this team any day over the cavs, bobcats and wizards. That's what happens when you suck and get high draft picks every year.

They are actually the youngest team in the league and don't listen to that moron.. he doesn't know what the hell he's posting about. How the hell is Harden overrated? Everybody here laughed when we gave him a max contract and called him Joe Johnson V2.0???

ILLsmak
02-10-2013, 02:00 AM

I dunno man. That was one of the most fair trades I've seen in awhile. Especially considering he was a star. They sent him to a good situation and both teams got exactly what they wanted.

-Smak

steve franchise
02-10-2013, 05:31 PM
lololol

Happy campers because Houston is @ .500 again.

I see no reason why Houston shouldn't tank. Houston doesn't need another .500 season. They've been there for the past 3 years. Another .500 season or even a playoff birth as an 8th seed is pointless for Houston. They're not the 2010 OKC. OKC had room to grow, this team doesn't. Who's going to have their break out year next season? Morris? Patterson? Parsons? Lin? Motiejunas?

:oldlol: Houston doesn't have room to grow. They're young. So what? Age is only relevant when you take talent into consideration. Sorry but they don't have the talent.

This team should have tanked since day 1. Can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

TMac&Luther
02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
lololol

Happy campers because Houston is @ .500 again.

I see no reason why Houston shouldn't tank. Houston doesn't need another .500 season. They've been there for the past 3 years. Another .500 season or even a playoff birth as an 8th seed is pointless for Houston. They're not the 2010 OKC. OKC had room to grow, this team doesn't. Who's going to have their break out year next season? Morris? Patterson? Parsons? Lin? Motiejunas?

:oldlol: Houston doesn't have room to grow. They're young. So what? Age is only relevant when you take talent into consideration. Sorry but they don't have the talent.

This team should have tanked since day 1. Can't see the forest for the trees I guess.

LMFAO! How sad:facepalm

steve franchise
02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
LMFAO! How sad:facepalm

LOL Bro. I want Houston to win too but I have patience. Winning now won't payoff in the long run.

TMac&Luther
02-11-2013, 09:05 AM
LOL Bro. I want Houston to win too but I have patience. Winning now won't payoff in the long run.

Losing won't pay off. Houston isn't getting a top 5 pick bro and I'll take the playoff experience for my young guys over a late lottery pick, that will pay off down the road.

blablabla
02-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Wow check this out

Hardens stats against top 10 teams

17.3PPG on 39%FG
3.4RPG
4.7APG

spiegel
02-11-2013, 10:13 AM
He is averaging 29 points 8 boards 6 assists on 50% shooting against Miami(2 games). He is also averaging 31 points 6 assists 5 boards on 53% against the Spurs(2 games).

Whoah10115
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Yes it will, that first post was stupid. You have the players that you have and you want to tank? That's not only embarrassing but it goes against the grain of the game. Period. You do that when your team is ass, not when your team is good enough to make the playoffs...and look at that, you're in the playoffs right now.

The team should push for the playoffs. You have pieces everywhere. Tanking for a draft pick that won't be as good as the draft picks already on your squad is pretty stupid and you'd end up nowhere. This is the way to go.

Doctor Rivers
02-11-2013, 01:36 PM
He struggled big time for a 4 game stretch and was getting bashed here but since that stretch he has been on an absolute tear.

Last 9 games

26.4 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.6 SPG, 55% FG, 51.2% from 3 (21-41)

Rockets are 6-3 in those games. Only losses coming in Miami, Denver, and at home vs Denver.

Only player better than him during this stretch has been LeBron.

best SG in the league???

TylerOO
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
best SG in the league???

Hes in the discussion, obviously. I think he is the best SG in the league but Kobe and Wade also have a case.

scm5
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Harden is too streaky to be the Top SG.

That title still belongs to Kobe, at least so far.

Kobe has been able to keep his performance relatively stable while changing up his play style. That is impressive.

TMac&Luther
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Harden is too streaky to be the Top SG.

That title still belongs to Kobe, at least so far.

Kobe has been able to keep his performance relatively stable while changing up his play style. That is impressive.

How the hell is Harden "streaky"? He's already set the franchise record for most consecutive 25+ point games (originally held by Moses Malone). Thats something Tmac, Yao, and even the great Olajuwon never did. He's been one of the most consistent players in the league... and yes, he is the best SG in the NBA. Kobe can pad his stats on a losing non playoff team though.

All Net
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Harden damn good player. He's inconsistant at times but hey he's new to this as go to guy. He will continue to learn in that area.

TylerOO
02-11-2013, 04:24 PM
How the hell is Harden "streaky"? He's already set the franchise record for most consecutive 25+ point games (originally held by Moses Malone). Thats something Tmac, Yao, and even the great Olajuwon never did. He's been one of the most consistent players in the league... and yes, he is the best SG in the NBA. Kobe can pad his stats on a losing non playoff team though.

That's what I was thinking. :lol

How is he inconsistent/streaky? Monta Ellis and Jennings are inconsistent and streaky. Besides that horrid four game stretch in mid-January he has been great. And in that horrible stretch he still averaged 21/6.7/6.5

steve franchise
02-11-2013, 08:01 PM
lolol

Yes it will, that first post was stupid. You have the players that you have and you want to tank? That's not only embarrassing but it goes against the grain of the game. Period. You do that when your team is ass, not when your team is good enough to make the playoffs...and look at that, you're in the playoffs right now.

The team should push for the playoffs. You have pieces everywhere. Tanking for a draft pick that won't be as good as the draft picks already on your squad is pretty stupid and you'd end up nowhere. This is the way to go.

Cool analysis bro. Houston was good enough to make the playoffs last year and the year before that. Now analyze how that worked out for them. Done? K. Your inability to look at the bigger picture is stupid. Once again, Houston has battled for a playoff birth for the past three seasons. They failed. Even if Houston had made the playoffs, what's the point if the team has no room to grow? No upside. Look at the talent Houston's had/has. They have no talent, no good players. Harden is the only keeper, Asik brings what a legit playoff/championship contending team needs from their center. Other than those two, Houston is mediocre. Houston has been mediocre for the past three years. Different players, same level of talent. Only difference is Harden.

I don't care if tanking goes against the spirit of the game in your eyes. What tanking means to you is irrelevant to me. I stand by opinion, Houston should have tanked since day one.
Losing won't pay off. Houston isn't getting a top 5 pick bro and I'll take the playoff experience for my young guys over a late lottery pick, that will pay off down the road.

A playoff birth as an 8th seed or even 7th won't payoff. It only pays off for players who have room for growth (potential). Sorry but I don't think guys like Beverley, Morris, Patterson have potential. They don't. This Houston team isn't anything special. Other than Asik and Harden I wouldn't be upset if any of these guys were traded.

Patterson can take his soft-ass 3 point shooting small forward trapped in an undersized power forward's body ass somewhere else. Playoff experience/winning only pays off when the team has potential. This team doesn't. Don't think tanking was a good idea?

Turn around and look at what Houston has done post McGrady-Yao era.

I rest my case.

TMac&Luther
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
lolol

Cool analysis bro. Houston was good enough to make the playoffs last year and the year before that. Now analyze how that worked out for them. Done? K. Your inability to look at the bigger picture is stupid. Once again, Houston has battled for a playoff birth for the past three seasons. They failed. Even if Houston had made the playoffs, what's the point if the team has no room to grow? No upside. Look at the talent Houston's had/has. They have no talent, no good players. Harden is the only keeper, Asik brings what a legit playoff/championship contending team needs from their center. Other than those two, Houston is mediocre. Houston has been mediocre for the past three years. Different players, same level of talent. Only difference is Harden.

I don't care if tanking goes against the spirit of the game in your eyes. What tanking means to you is irrelevant to me. I stand by opinion, Houston should have tanked since day one.

A playoff birth as an 8th seed or even 7th won't payoff. It only pays off for players who have room for growth (potential). Sorry but I don't think guys like Beverley, Morris, Patterson have potential. They don't. This Houston team isn't anything special. Other than Asik and Harden I wouldn't be upset if any of these guys were traded.

Patterson can take his soft-ass 3 point shooting small forward trapped in an undersized power forward's body ass somewhere else. Playoff experience/winning only pays off when the team has potential. This team doesn't. Don't think tanking was a good idea?

Turn around and look at what Houston has done post McGrady-Yao era.

I rest my case.

You can rest on your case all you want to, especially if you enjoy resting on a heap of crap, because that's all "your case" is.

First of all, how the hell do you expect the Rockets to "tank"? They already stripped their team of veteran leadership and currently employ the youngest roster in the league. Do you want them to start trotting out high schoolers now, because that's pretty much the only way they can get any younger.

Every player who freaking starts is doing so as a first year full time starter, so even your notion that "playoff berths only payoff for teams that have potential and can grow" argument is completely stupid. Hell even soft ass Patterson can grow and has potential. You basically destroyed your own "case" with that argument. When you have the youngest team in the league you have nothing but growth and potential.

And please spare me the dumb "post Yao/Tmac" argument too, because that has no relevance here either. Those teams were constructed of role players who were brought in to compliment Yao and Tmac. When they left due to injury or a bleeding ****** we instantly went into a rebuilding period, but it couldn't happen over night. Why the hell do you think we waived Scola who was playing on a highly affordable contract? Those teams don't have jack crap to do with this team or the current personnel stratagies and the next step in our building process is for this team to make the playoffs.

Please keep your loser's mentality to yourself.

wagexslave
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
To think this guy was a 3rd option 6th man last year.