PDA

View Full Version : People sleeping on San Antonio again?

EnoughSaid
02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
This team is 38-11, best record in the NBA, and are on a 10 game winning streak right now. God damn Pop is no doubt the best coach in this league. Guy always has his team winning a shitton of games.

FKAri
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Im sleeping IN San Antonio. Is that what you were asking about? It's nice. I'm comfortable.

The Choken One
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Can't beat the Thunder or Lakers in the West.

rmt
02-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Duncan has a sprained left knee and a sprained right ankle. They're aren't gonna hold on to that #1 seed.

Suckafree
02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Duncan has a sprained left knee and a sprained right ankle. They're aren't gonna hold on to that #1 seed.

Since when have injuries stopped the spurs from getting wins in the regular season?

Indian guy
02-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Not sleeping on them hasn't proven to do much the last 2 seasons. They are deservedly under the radar a bit.

rmt
02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Since when have injuries stopped the spurs from getting wins in the regular season?

They have a tough stretch coming up soon. They aren't beating the likes of OKC, LAC, CHI (twice) without TD.

Myth
Spurs will be fine as long as Duncan is 100% by the time playoffs arrive.

SCdac
SA beat NO, PHX, and DAL without Pop. Spurs are deep (it's largely why they win) and have a balanced offense. But they're not top heavy enough like the 2-3 serious contenders. If only they had like a young yet established player, ala Iguodala, Gay, or Granger.

Bandito
02-03-2013, 05:46 PM
This team is 38-11, best record in the NBA, and are on a 10 game winning streak right now. God damn Pop is no doubt the best coach in this league. Guy always has his team winning a shitton of games.Didn't Duncan got a sprained knee or something?

DaSeba5
02-03-2013, 05:47 PM
This team is 38-11, best record in the NBA, and are on a 10 game winning streak right now. God damn Pop is no doubt the best coach in this league. Guy always has his team winning a shitton of games.

Being the Patriots of the NBA in recent years is probably the reason why.

Droid101
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Regular season wizards as usual. I see whoever is the 8 seed knocking them out again.

PJR
02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I believe they'll be in the Finals. OKC is a little easier to shut down with the one dimesional Kevin Martin as opposed to Harden's screen and roll threat(Harden killed SA in the WCF).

No one else besides OKC can beat the Spurs 4 times out of 7. It's between those two teams. The Clippers are fugazi.

SCdac
02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Regular season wizards as usual. I see whoever is the 8 seed knocking them out again.

LOL they swept the 8th seed last season

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
No one is "sleeping" on them. Their regular season prowess hasn't won them anything in years. Half a decade really.

Haymaker
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Harden killed SA in the WCF). This is true.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I believe they'll be in the Finals. OKC is a little easier to shut down with the one dimesional Kevin Martin as opposed to Harden's screen and roll threat(Harden killed SA in the WCF).
Really solid point, and what I've been telling people. Before his disappearance in the Finals (due to those SMOKING Miami women and night clubs) ... Harden, IMO might've been their best player for a stretch there, especially in that series v.s. San Antonio.

His playmaking and passing abilities, were IMO the best on the team. He gave them a serious dimension off the bench. Even though he's a legit top 5 SG in the league, and a top ten scoring talent.

To me that big three was as talented as Miami's ... I think OKC is significantly less frightening without Harden. All you need to do is bait UrkelBrook's emotions into trying to beat you himself, because after all he's easy to bait given his intelligence. Then you just body Durant on the perimeter, as he's so frail he has a hard time separating himself from the defense. There is no Harden to save them in tight situations this year.

Kevin Martin to me looks like a regular season stat padder, and he's already ridiculously one dimensional. He's not Harden caliber.

I think the Clippers may end up taking the Western Conference this year. That team is utterly stacked, and they play well together.

returnofthemack
02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Spurs will be fine as long as Duncan is 100% by the time playoffs arrive.

if by fine you mean they kick ass in the reg season and get bounced in the 1at or 2nd round then they should be fine. they arent winning a ring. everyone knows the nba is all about the playoffs. reg season dont mean jack. these guys cant hang with the best teams come april.

TMT
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
if by fine you mean they kick ass in the reg season and get bounced in the 1at or 2nd round then they should be fine. they arent winning a ring. everyone knows the nba is all about the playoffs. reg season dont mean jack. these guys cant hang with the best teams come april.

It does when a team at this point needs all the HCA they can get. Best home team in the league, and they won their first 6 home games last playoffs. Better defense + hca throughout is their best bet.

brantonli
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
SA beat NO, PHX, and DAL without Pop. Spurs are deep (it's largely why they win) and have a balanced offense. But they're not top heavy enough like the 2-3 serious contenders. If only they had like a young yet established player, ala Iguodala, Gay, or Granger.

Lol about 5 years ago that sentence would've been incredibly impressive, but many how times have changed (and the Spurs haven't)

G-train
02-04-2013, 06:27 PM
If Manu is healthy and Kawhi can play a little better consistently, they can win the title.

Haymaker
02-04-2013, 06:30 PM
If Manu is healthy and Kawhi can play a little better consistently, they can win the title. Kawhi and Green NEED to step up. The same applies to Neal and Splitter.

SCdac
02-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol about 5 years ago that sentence would've been incredibly impressive, but many how times have changed (and the Spurs haven't)

I understand those teams aren't the best of the best, but the point is these Spurs would probably be decent even with an average coach.

They have players coming off the bench who could be starting on teams (Jackson, Diaw) and a few PG's who could very well go on to become starters too (Mills, De Colo, Joseph).

Spurs Bench this season:

10.9 apg - #1 in the league
39.8 ppg - #4 in the league
3.7 spg - #2 in the league
46.6 FG% - Tied for first

ralph_i_el
02-04-2013, 06:38 PM
san antonio can make any team look stupid. Any team can make san antonio look old.

Hopefully timmy D's knee is ok

atljonesbro
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Literally the only reason people sleep on them is because they aren't on ESPN 24/7. PROVE ME WRONG. You guys on here only care about what you see on ESPN. PROVE ME WRONG

chips93
02-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Literally the only reason people sleep on them is because they aren't on ESPN 24/7. PROVE ME WRONG. You guys on here only care about what you see on ESPN. PROVE ME WRONG

:durantunimpressed:

Legends66NBA7
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Sorry, I don't watch their garbage. I've kept a good eye on the Spurs for a long time.

Horatio33
02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I think the Spurs can win the title, but I think Stern might find a way in the playoffs to make sure the Spurs don't make it.

Doranku
02-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Because they haven't done shit in the playoffs for the last 6 years.

TMT
02-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Because they haven't done shit in the playoffs for the last 6 years.

Two Conference Finals appearances is more than some teams have ever seen. Not to mention this was after we started getting "old", yet we are still competing even with two of the three cornerstones of our team 35+ years old.

Ignorance is bliss.

Bigsmoke
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
where's my pillow at?

Clippersfan86
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM

No one else besides OKC can beat the Spurs 4 times out of 7. It's between those two teams. The Clippers are fugazi.

You have yet to see the Clippers at anywhere near full strength yet they still ran off 17 straight wins and were the top team in the league statistically and record wise for pretty much a month. It's a joke to act like they aren't in that "elite" tier when they have the 3rd best record in the entire NBA, only behind OKC and SA.

Clippersfan86
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
As for the OP... I don't think anybody "sleeps" on them. I think it's more that they are always consistently so good that there is nothing to talk about. San Antonio winning 50-60 games every year is a given and much like the Lakers they aren't judged by regular season wins but by championships and finals appearances.

TheBigVeto
02-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Pop is indeed the best coach in the NBA.

The-Legend-24
04-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes, they're boring as fvck.