PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Brown

gabepizza
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
13 points and 4 assists in leading Siena to a 5-0 record in the top 16 He is a lock for all Euroleague 1st team and has a chance to be Euroleague MVP and who knows, maybe Final Four MVP.

Spanoulis only wishes he could hold his jock-strap.

Fiba basketball
01-26-2013, 08:51 AM
13 points and 4 assists in leading Siena to a 5-0 record in the top 16 He is a lock for all Euroleague 1st team and has a chance to be Euroleague MVP and who knows, maybe Final Four MVP.

Spanoulis only wishes he could hold his jock-strap.

No he isn't . He will probably be in second all Euroleague team but thats it since Siena won't reach F4 but even if they did he wouldn't be a lock for winning MVP. He isn't good enough to lead a team to Euroleague F4 and since he needs to have ball in his hands more than anyone else on his team he will never be good on some of the bigger teams like CSKA , Barcelona etc. on those teams he would be role player at best .

gabepizza
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
No he isn't . He will probably be in second all Euroleague team but thats it since Siena won't reach F4 but even if they did he wouldn't be a lock for winning MVP. He isn't good enough to lead a team to Euroleague F4 and since he needs to have ball in his hands more than anyone else on his team he will never be good on some of the bigger teams like CSKA , Barcelona etc. on those teams he would be role player at best .

I didn't realize that making the final four was a prerequisite for making the final four so yeah he is not a lock but if he does make the final four he would be deserving of the MVP as well I believe.

Fiba basketball
01-26-2013, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize that making the final four was a prerequisite for making the final four so yeah he is not a lock but if he does make the final four he would be deserving of the MVP as well I believe.

Yes he would have chance of winning MVP if they reach F4 but there would be othere players who would have chance of winning it too .

Euroleague
01-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes he would have chance of winning MVP if they reach F4 but there would be othere players who would have chance of winning it too .

Siena has zero chance of making the final four on their own merit, but the refs are clearly pushing them extremely hard.

They also had about zero chance of making the quarterfinals on their own merit, until the refs gifted them 2 games in Top 16. Although they still might not make it.

First counting a basket by Brown 2 seconds after time expired against Olympiacos, and then choosing to not call an intentional and unsportsmanlike like foul on Hackett against Vidmar, after he hit him in the face, at the end of the game against Besiktas.

2 games that were extremely influenced and/or decided by unbelievable ref calls, which points to an extreme push by Euroleague to get this team to keep advancing.

I don't know if it is Euroleague's way of trying to cover up all the stuff about mafia and Siena and stealing the 2-3 billion euros or what. Maybe they are worried with this getting out that it will look like Siena was buying wins all these years.

But then why would their solution be to push them by refs? Maybe Siena paid more to the refs this year and to Euroleague and that was why they really cut their budget, trying to buy the title.

Anyway, as it seems from the latest reports, that club's ownership is in huge trouble with the law over all the money laundering investigations.

It is extremely sad that Euroleague is pushing this mafia related team so hard.

Euroleague
01-27-2013, 11:34 AM

There is no such prerequisite. You have to make the Top 16 to qualify for the MVP award, not the final four.

But the simple fact is that the voters are never going to vote in anyone who did not make the final four, because that would be a highway robbery. So you have to make final four to actually win it, not to qualify for it.

For example, the fan vote can be gotten. He could win the fan vote without making it. But not the media vote.

Giving the MVP to someone who did not make the final four would be the equivalent of giving the MVP to an NBA player that did not make the playoffs.

Sure, it could happen and is possible, but it's simply not actually going to happen. Even though you can win the fan vote without doing so, the media voters won't have it. Because it would be hugely unfair and a travesty.

That's why Euroleague changed the rules on their old MVP awards. Because guys like Sabonis were winning MVP awards without even going past the Top 16. So they realized they needed to make different rules and set specific criteria on the award to stop that kind of stuff. So the media can't just vote by whatever they feel like.

They have a basic understanding that they should not really consider someone unless they make the final four.

Also, you don't understand how Euroleague MVP voting works. They just look at who made final four then pick whomever they like personally and for whatever reasons.

Teodosic was very debatable whether he deserved MVP.

Navarro did NOT deserve it when he won it.

Kirilenko did NOT deserve it when he won it.

Parker's MVPs were both very highly questionable as he was not even the best player on his own team.

Papaloukas deserved it when he won it, but it was still a bit debatable.

The only clear cut times that the guy that won the award without question deserved it was when Diamantidis and Siska won the award.

The media voters are definitely extremely subjective on that award and the fans getting 1/4 the vote does not help the matter. Bobby Brown will win that award only by making the final four, and also being someone that the fans and media voters like.

Otherwise, he's not sniffing that award.

Fiba basketball
01-27-2013, 01:21 PM
OLY was in charge of time so it's their fault because they lost but against Besiktas it was clear that Siena is getting help .

Kirilenko did deserve to be MVP last season and it wasn't even close , everyone I know who follows EL expected that .

Euroleague did you hear that Bodiroga is going to be new president of FIBA Europe or is that only talked about in Serbia ?

Euroleague
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
OLY was in charge of time so it's their fault because they lost but against Besiktas it was clear that Siena is getting help .

Kirilenko did deserve to be MVP last season and it wasn't even close , everyone I know who follows EL expected that .

Euroleague did you hear that Bodiroga is going to be new president of FIBA Europe or is that only talked about in Serbia ?

Spanoulis should have been MVP last year, not Kirilenko. The Euroleague already admitted that Olympiacos did not mess the game clock and no one pushed anything.

According to the Turkish media that was at the game, the clock stopped because one of the refs accidentally hit his game clock button and stopped it.

Well, Bodiroga is being put in charge so that he will agree to all of the changes they made to EuroBasket. I really don't like having EuroBasket once every four years. But I do like that they are forcing the World Basket Cup to take precedence over the Olympics.

Hopefully, Bodi has better luck at this job than he did as a manager.

gabepizza
01-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Bobby Brown might think twice about living Euroleague for the NBA.

Jeremy Pargo who just a couple years ago was all-Euroleague 2nd and was the starting pg for a team that made the Euroleague final, leading them in minutes, points and assists, was released by the Cavs, the 2nd worst team in the NBA.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=E2010

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/24/cleveland-cavaliers-fans-will-miss-jeremy-pargo/

On another note congratulations to Bobby Brown for winning Euroleague MVP for January!

Euroleague
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Bobby Brown might think twice about living Euroleague for the NBA.

Jeremy Pargo who just a couple years ago was all-Euroleague 2nd and was the starting pg for a team that made the Euroleague final, leading them in minutes, points and assists, was released by the Cavs, the 2nd worst team in the NBA.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=E2010

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/24/cleveland-cavaliers-fans-will-miss-jeremy-pargo/

On another note congratulations to Bobby Brown for winning Euroleague MVP for January!

You have been told over and over that Jeremy Pargo was never a star in Euroleague. You are a ****ing idiot.

gabepizza
01-28-2013, 11:07 PM
You have been told over and over that Jeremy Pargo was never a star in Euroleague. You are a ****ing idiot.

Being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and being the starting point guard for a team that made the Euroleague finals, not to mention leading them in minutes played, points and assists that year means you are a star.

By that logic Westbrook is not a star in the NBA.

Fiba basketball
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and being the starting point guard for a team that made the Euroleague finals, not to mention leading them in minutes played, points and assists that year means you are a star.

By that logic Westbrook is not a star in the NBA.

No it doesn't . Whit that logic Savanovic is a star in Europe because that year he was also in all-Euroleague 2nd team and he isn't because in Europe you have less than 10 guys that are considered stars ( Spanoulis , Diamantidis , Navarro , Teodosic , Lorbek etc. ) . For example Khryapa is one of the best pfs in Europe in last years but I think no one considers him a star or only a few do .

gabepizza
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
No it doesn't . Whit that logic Savanovic is a star in Europe because that year he was also in all-Euroleague 2nd team and he isn't because in Europe you have less than 10 guys that are considered stars ( Spanoulis , Diamantidis , Navarro , Teodosic , Lorbek etc. ) . For example Khryapa is one of the best pfs in Europe in last years but I think no one considers him a star or only a few do .

That's just weird than. Being selected to an all-Euroleague team means you are one of the top 10 players or at least one of the top 2 or 4 at your position. Also being the lead scorer and assist man on a Euroleague runner-up is also star worthy. In the NBA the top 20-25 players are considered stars. The NBA has 6 more teams the Euroleague but still.

So Euroleague has a culture where the top players are not considered stars for some reason. Then fine, Pargo was not a "star" in Euroleague but he was a top player. It's only an argument about semantics at this point.

Fiba basketball
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
That's just weird than. Being selected to an all-Euroleague team means you are one of the top 10 players or at least one of the top 2 or 4 at your position. Also being the lead scorer and assist man on a Euroleague runner-up is also star worthy. In the NBA the top 20-25 players are considered stars. The NBA has 6 more teams the Euroleague but still.

So Euroleague has a culture where the top players are not considered stars for some reason. Then fine, Pargo was not a "star" in Euroleague but he was a top player. It's only an argument about semantics at this point.

Pargo got more minutes because Perkins got hurt so thats one of the reasons of his good stats , if I'm not wrong he was 2nd pg at start of the season .

Pargo probably wasn't top 5 pg when he made it : Teodosic , Diamantidis , Huertas , McCalebb , Spanoulis ( I consider him a sg but you can also consider him a pg ) .

gabepizza
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Pargo got more minutes because Perkins got hurt so thats one of the reasons of his good stats , if I'm not wrong he was 2nd pg at start of the season .

Pargo probably wasn't top 5 pg when he made it : Teodosic , Diamantidis , Huertas , McCalebb , Spanoulis ( I consider him a sg but you can also consider him a pg ) .

The point is with those stats he took his team to the final. Only Diamantidis was able to do that and that's why he was first team and Pargo was 2nd. Spanoulis was 2nd team for sg/sf. They weren't empty stats. As you could see he was the starting and top pg for a team that made the Euroleague finals.

In the final four he was 2nd on his team in points, rebounds and he had 13 more assists then the next closest teammate. You could definitely make the argument that that he was one of the top pgs in Europe.

Fiba basketball
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
The point is with those stats he took his team to the final. Only Diamantidis was able to do that and that's why he was first team and Pargo was 2nd. Spanoulis was 2nd team for sg/sf. They weren't empty stats. As you could see he was the starting and top pg for a team that made the Euroleague finals.

In the final four he was 2nd on his team in points, rebounds and he had 13 more assists then the next closest teammate. You could definitely make the argument that that he was one of the top pgs in Europe.

He was very good ( I loved watching him play and he became one of my favorite players ) but he wasn't top 5 pg in Europe .

You need to stop looking at stats because they tell nothing you need to watch the game to see how good is someone , there are many of players with good stats but fans still don't consider them good .

gabepizza
01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
He was very good ( I loved watching him play and he became one of my favorite players ) but he wasn't top 5 pg in Europe .

You need to stop looking at stats because they tell nothing you need to watch the game to see how good is someone , there are many of players with good stats but fans still don't consider them good .

Yes you're right about that. It is important not to just look at stats. But for a forum like this stats are important. Watching players play is important but not as important as stats, awards and win/loss record. When it comes down to it fans opinions about who is good or not is just that, opinions and therefore arbitrary. Fans will say their favorite players are better than they really are. Stats, official awards and win/loss records do not lie and give an unbiased picture of different players.

I don't have time to actually watch every single NBA, Euroleague, FIBA, Eurocup, etc...game but I can watch highlights and analyze box scores to get an idea of how players are performing.

Fiba basketball
01-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes you're right about that. It is important not to just look at stats. But for a forum like this stats are important. Watching players play is important but not as important as stats, awards and win/loss record. When it comes down to it fans opinions about who is good or not is just that, opinions and therefore arbitrary. Fans will say their favorite players are better than they really are. Stats, official awards and win/loss records do not lie and give an unbiased picture of different players.

I don't have time to actually watch every single NBA, Euroleague, FIBA, Eurocup, etc...game but I can watch highlights and analyze box scores to get an idea of how players are performing.

:oldlol: No you can't get the idea how player is performing just by watching stats or highlights and watching games is certanly more important .

Teodosic and Brown have the same apg but Teodosic is a lot better passer than Brown it's like comparing Nash and Rose but since the way they count assists in Europe is different you will never see how good of a passer is someone .

There are some players with high rpg who don't box out on defense so even though they have more rebounds than someone else who boxes out and let's his teammates get the rebounds it doesn't mean they are making their team better at rebounding .

Some players are worse at scoring than stats show becuase the way they play , if player A has 15 ppg it doesn't mean anything if he gets them by hitting open lay ups that player B is creating for him .

Someone might have a lot of TOs but it might not be his fault , maybe his teammates aren't moving well so he doesn't have someone to pass to .

Do you understand now why you need to watch games ?

gabepizza
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
:oldlol: No you can't get the idea how player is performing just by watching stats or highlights and watching games is certanly more important .

Teodosic and Brown have the same apg but Teodosic is a lot better passer than Brown it's like comparing Nash and Rose but since the way they count assists in Europe is different you will never see how good of a passer is someone .

There are some players with high rpg who don't box out on defense so even though they have more rebounds than someone else who boxes out and let's his teammates get the rebounds it doesn't mean they are making their team better at rebounding .

Some players are worse at scoring than stats show becuase the way they play , if player A has 15 ppg it doesn't mean anything if he gets them by hitting open lay ups that player B is creating for him .

Someone might have a lot of TOs but it might not be his fault , maybe his teammates aren't moving well so he doesn't have someone to pass to .

Do you understand now why you need to watch games ?

Yes but who has time to watch every game.

And I don't agree about someone getting 15 ppg not meaning anything. Yes scoring 15 or one game perhaps but not for a whole season. If player A is getting 15 all the time by hitting wide open lay ups and his team is winning because of that, other teams are going to scout him and tell their players to be sure not to leave him open.

Euroleague
01-30-2013, 05:15 AM

You are a moron.

Euroleague
01-30-2013, 05:18 AM

stats stats stats stats stats

you are a retard that has never actually watched a game.

Euroleague
01-30-2013, 05:19 AM

Kevin Love must be your favorite player of all time. Just stop.

Euroleague
01-30-2013, 05:20 AM

And I don't agree about someone getting 15 ppg not meaning anything. Yes scoring 15 or one game perhaps but not for a whole season. If player A is getting 15 all the time by hitting wide open lay ups and his team is winning because of that, other teams are going to scout him and tell their players to be sure not to leave him open.

You are a troll.

gabepizza
01-30-2013, 09:49 AM
You are a troll.

That's coming from a poster whose tagline is "crazed troll". Well I guess it takes one to know one.

I would ask is it possible for you to add to a discussion instead of just throwing around insults but I guess then you wouldn't be a crazed troll.

Fiba basketball
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM

You don't need to watch every game but 5 or 6 games are enough to see how is someone playing .

Well if player A gets his points from open lay ups that are created by player B than you need to stop player B not player A but if player B is so good you can't stop him than you won't be able to stop player A .

Ofcourse there aren't any players that can score 15 ppg only by hitting open lay ups that someone else created for them but for example Krstic gets at least half of his points by Teodosic creating for him or Navarro only needs to be on the court and because of his scoring defense will need to concetrated at guarding him and his teammates will have couple of open opportunities so he basically created those chances for them .

gabepizza
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
You don't need to watch every game but 5 or 6 games are enough to see how is someone playing .

Well if player A gets his points from open lay ups that are created by player B than you need to stop player B not player A but if player B is so good you can't stop him than you won't be able to stop player A .

Ofcourse there aren't any players that can score 15 ppg only by hitting open lay ups that someone else created for them but for example Krstic gets at least half of his points by Teodosic creating for him or Navarro only needs to be on the court and because of his scoring defense will need to concetrated at guarding him and his teammates will have couple of open opportunities so he basically created those chances for them .

Steve Novak is a type A player. He was getting his shots from open 3s because teams were doubling Anthony. There was a while where he was scoring around 20 points a game. But teams scouted the games and realized that you need to always put a defender on Novak no matter what. Now for many games he is held scoreless because his man stays on him all the time.

I always thought of Navarro as a type A player too and believe he get many of his points from teams concentrating on the Gasol brothers. When Navarro did not have Pau in 2010 he did not fair so well. Also I remember in the gold medal game of 2012 Navarro had like 20+ points in the first half. In the 2nd half Kobe told coach I got him and Navarro did not score another point the rest of the game. If you put a good one on one defender on Navarro who never leaves him to double team he can be shut down, just like Novak, but that leaves one less player to double Anthony, Pau, etc...

Fiba basketball
01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Steve Novak is a type A player. He was getting his shots from open 3s because teams were doubling Anthony. There was a while where he was scoring around 20 points a game. But teams scouted the games and realized that you need to always put a defender on Novak no matter what. Now for many games he is held scoreless because his man stays on him all the time.

I always thought of Navarro as a type A player too and believe he get many of his points from teams concentrating on the Gasol brothers. When Navarro did not have Pau in 2010 he did not fair so well. Also I remember in the gold medal game of 2012 Navarro had like 20+ points in the first half. In the 2nd half Kobe told coach I got him and Navarro did not score another point the rest of the game. If you put a good one on one defender on Navarro who never leaves him to double team he can be shut down, just like Novak, but that leaves one less player to double Anthony, Pau, etc...

Navarro is better offensive player than Pau and might even be better player overall but he is a lot better player than Marc .

You clearly don't know how good of a player he is , Kobe guarded him in the first half too if If I remember good so this just something made up to overrate Kobes defense .

Only way you can stop Navarro is by playing with a lot of contact but reffs will almost never alow that and if they do he will still score 10 points because of his floping .

And another reason he isn't the type A player is because he scores by creating for himselfe and by moving off the ball .

gabepizza
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Navarro is better offensive player than Pau and might even be better player overall but he is a lot better player than Marc .

You clearly don't know how good of a player he is , Kobe guarded him in the first half too if If I remember good so this just something made up to overrate Kobes defense .

Only way you can stop Navarro is by playing with a lot of contact but reffs will almost never alow that and if they do he will still score 10 points because of his floping .

And another reason he isn't the type A player is because he scores by creating for himselfe and by moving off the ball .

Yes Kobe guarded him in the first half but would sag off him to help double the bigs down low. In the second half he told coach not to worry and he stuck to Navarro like glue and did't try to help anyone else. If Navarro is not a type A player than why did he not score at all in the 2nd half? The gold medal game is the biggest game in a players career, especially a Euroleague player.

Fiba basketball
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes Kobe guarded him in the first half but would sag off him to help double the bigs down low. In the second half he told coach not to worry and he stuck to Navarro like glue and did't try to help anyone else. If Navarro is not a type A player than why did he not score at all in the 2nd half? The gold medal game is the biggest game in a players career, especially a Euroleague player.

You do know Navarro was injured and he still is and thats why he will retire in couple of years .

Also Kobe didn't sag off him to help double the bigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKW9fmiXCCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eRRDp5MrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mwVeY4wSE

gabepizza
01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
You do know Navarro was injured and he still is and thats why he will retire in couple of years .

Also Kobe didn't sag off him to help double the bigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKW9fmiXCCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eRRDp5MrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mwVeY4wSE

You realize those highlights are from a friendly, not the gold medal game.

Fiba basketball
01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
You realize those highlights are from a friendly, not the gold medal game.
lol , I didn't pay atention to that because I didn't see exebition in the name of the video . I will find good ones but you can still see how Kobe guards Navarro .

Euroleague
01-31-2013, 04:47 AM

You have NEVER seen Navarro play.

GFTO troll

A ****ing guy that has the entire defense designed to stop him in EVERY game INCLUDING all the ones with Spanish national team and you are ****ing comparing him to Steve Novak.

**** YOU

Euroleague
01-31-2013, 04:49 AM

NBA players place more emphasis on Olympics than Euroleague players do. Dumb ass.

gabepizza
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
NBA players place more emphasis on Olympics than Euroleague players do. Dumb ass.

First off there's no way to prove that. I know of no example of a Euroleague player choosing to sit out of the Olympics (although many lessor players like Spanoulis can't even qualify). And I'm not saying as compared to the World Championship. My logic is that for Euroleague players, since they don't play in the top league in the world, the Olympics and the World Championships, are the one chance they have to prove themselves against the best players in the world.

Fiba basketball
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
First off there's no way to prove that. I know of no example of a Euroleague player choosing to sit out of the Olympics (although many lessor players like Spanoulis can't even qualify). And I'm not saying as compared to the World Championship. My logic is that for Euroleague players, since they don't play in the top league in the world, the Olympics and the World Championships, are the one chance they have to prove themselves against the best players in the world.

Well your logic is bad and you don't follow Euroleague enough to know for such an example .

Players play for their NT for their country and not to prove themselves .

In case if you are wondering what player from Europe doesn't play for his NT it's Diamantidis and he is clearly good enough to still play in NT.

I don't agree that European players don't care about Olympics , they care about it as much as american players .

gabepizza
01-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Well your logic is bad and you don't follow Euroleague enough to know for such an example .

Players play for their NT for their country and not to prove themselves .

In case if you are wondering what player from Europe doesn't play for his NT it's Diamantidis and he is clearly good enough to still play in NT.

I don't agree that European players don't care about Olympics , they care about it as much as american players .

Yes but Diamantidis played many times for his national team, probably more than any American player. He is just retired from the national team now.

Fiba basketball
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Yes but Diamantidis played many times for his national team, probably more than any American player. He is just retired from the national team now.

Well if he wanted he could still play but he chooses not too .

You are still wrong if you think players from Europe play for their NT to prove themslefs against NBA players .

Euroleague
01-31-2013, 09:29 PM

Another lie from you. He retired several years ago and he played much less than the current core of Team USA did. The core of Team USA of this era played way more in national teams than Diamantidis ever did.

Euroleague
01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Well if he wanted he could still play but he chooses not too .

You are still wrong if you think players from Europe play for their NT to prove themslefs against NBA players .

Fiba, this is a serious question. What exactly is it going to take for you to grasp that gabepizza is a troll?

BTW, Sonny Weems, "the without any question best player in Europe, best scorer in Europe, and for sure 100% guaranteed Euroleague MVP", according to gabepizza, continues to suck ass in Top 16.

That's 2 years in a row that he played awful in Top 16 level. What a ****ing joke gabepizza is, calling this guy best player in Europe, or even best on CSKA.

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Another lie from you. He retired several years ago and he played much less than the current core of Team USA did. The core of Team USA of this era played way more in national teams than Diamantidis ever did.

Buzzzzzzzz! Wrong again. Lies, lies and more lies. Diamantidis participated in
2003 Eurobasket
2004 Olympics
2005 Eurobasket
2006 World Championship
2007 Eurobasket
2008 Olympics
2010 World Championship
That's 7 tournaments he participated in.

By the "core" of Team USA you must mean James and Anthony because they have played the most games for team USA this decade. The participated in
2004 Olympics
2006 World Championship
2007 Americas Championship
2008 Olympics
2010 Olympics

So they played in 5 tournaments, Diamantidis played in 7 yet he played less than the core of Team USA. Another bold face lie which you have been exposed telling.

And after James and Anthony the next "core" members of team USA I guess would be Kobe, Paul, D-Will, Howard and Wade and they all only played in 3 total tournaments and any one else less than that (unless we include Kidd but even he only played in 5).

But nice try lying troll.

Euroleague
02-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Buzzzzzzzz! Wrong again. Lies, lies and more lies. Diamantidis participated in
2003 Eurobasket
2004 Olympics
2005 Eurobasket
2006 World Championship
2007 Eurobasket
2008 Olympics
2010 World Championship
That's 7 tournaments he participated in.

By the "core" of Team USA you must mean James and Anthony because they have played the most games for team USA this decade. The participated in
2004 Olympics
2006 World Championship
2007 Americas Championship
2008 Olympics
2010 Olympics

So they played in 5 tournaments, Diamantidis played in 7 yet he played less than the core of Team USA. Another bold face lie which you have been exposed telling.

And after James and Anthony the next "core" members of team USA I guess would be Kobe, Paul, D-Will, Howard and Wade and they all only played in 3 total tournaments and any one else less than that (unless we include Kidd but even he only played in 5).

But nice try lying troll.

WRONG. Diamantidis was only in the team for 6 years. USA core is in the team for 7-9 years and STILL in it.

Your lying is beyond the pale, even for this website.

Besides NUMEROUS Greek players refused to play. Mavrokefalidis refused to play so much he actually got banned for 2 months from playing by the Greek federation.

Half the ****ing Greek players don't give a shit about the Olympics. Slovenia almost always had several players refusing to play, etc. You are a delusional nut.

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 10:50 AM
WRONG. Diamantidis was only in the team for 6 years. USA core is in the team for 7-9 years and STILL in it.

Your lying is beyond the pale, even for this website.

Besides NUMEROUS Greek players refused to play. Mavrokefalidis refused to play so much he actually got banned for 2 months from playing by the Greek federation.

Half the ****ing Greek players don't give a shit about the Olympics. Slovenia almost always had several players refusing to play, etc. You are a delusional nut.

Wrong? I just showed that Diamantidis was on the team for 7 tournaments. Check any roster of a Greek team in those tournaments and Diamantidis would be on it. I also showed that the players who have played the most for Team USA really ever, James, Anthony and Kidd only played 7 tournaments, try to find a roster from a tournament I did not put to see if they were on it. I don't know why you are talking years. Kidd played in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2008. Does that mean he played 9 years.

The facts are you have been caught lying again. Diamantidis has played in 2 more tournaments than the American players who have played the most. No matter how you put it that is the facts.

But keep trying to weasel yourself out of another bold face lie you have been caught writing because that seems like all you are good at.

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Wrong? I just showed that Diamantidis was on the team for 7 tournaments. Check any roster of a Greek team in those tournaments and Diamantidis would be on it. I also showed that the players who have played the most for Team USA really ever, James, Anthony and Kidd only played 7 tournaments, try to find a roster from a tournament I did not put to see if they were on it. I don't know why you are talking years. Kidd played in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2008. Does that mean he played 9 years.

The facts are you have been caught lying again. Diamantidis has played in 2 more tournaments than the American players who have played the most. No matter how you put it that is the facts.

But keep trying to weasel yourself out of another bold face lie you have been caught writing because that seems like all you are good at.

I mean only played in 5 tournaments.

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Even Spanoulis has played more than any Team USA player

2004 Olympics
2005 Eurobasket
2006 World Championship
2007 Eurobasket
2008 Olympics
2009 Eurobasket
2010 World Championship
2012 Olympic qualifying tournament.

That's 8 tournaments Spanoulis has played in. 3 more than any US player. For example Kobe and Durant have played in a total of only 2 tournaments each. The difference every they play they win gold, not like Spanoulis who gets 11th place and then eliminated by Nigeria.

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 04:58 PM

2004 Olympics
2005 Eurobasket
2006 World Championship
2007 Eurobasket
2008 Olympics
2009 Eurobasket
2010 World Championship

That's 8 tournaments Spanoulis has played in. 3 more than any US player. For example Kobe and Durant have played in a total of only 2 tournaments each. The difference every they play they win gold, not like Spanoulis who gets 11th place and then eliminated by Nigeria.

Kobe played in 3 tournaments. I forgot about the 2007 FIBA Americas championship.

Euroleague
02-01-2013, 09:56 PM

No you just LIED again and got caught LYING again and continued to LIE more.

Diamantidis 2003-2008 = 5 years + 2010 = 6 years

Team USA core 2004 - current time = 9 years / 2006 - current time = 7 years

STOP LYING

Euroleague
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM

2004 Olympics
2005 Eurobasket
2006 World Championship
2007 Eurobasket
2008 Olympics
2009 Eurobasket
2010 World Championship

Team USA core is there from 2004 - present. The SAME as Spanoulis.

STOP LYING

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 10:18 PM
No you just LIED again and got caught LYING again and continued to LIE more.

Diamantidis 2003-2008 = 5 years + 2010 = 6 years

Team USA core 2004 - current time = 9 years / 2006 - current time = 7 years

STOP LYING

I don't know what more to do. I posted every tournament all those players were in and showed that Diamantidis played in 7 and Spanoulis played in 8 and the most any American played in was 5.

Of the Team USA "core" of 2004 only two players (Anthony and James) have played in the most recent tournament (2012 Olympics) and only one (Odom) played in the tournament before that (2010 WC).

Spanoulis- 8 FIBA tournaments
Diamandtidis- 7 FIBA tournaments
James and Anthony- 5 FIBA tournaments
Paul, Wade, D-Will, Chandler and Kobe- 3 FIBA tournaments
Durant, Love and Westbrook- 2 FIBA tournaments

Yet I am the liar? Okay

gabepizza
02-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I think you might have some confusion of who was on USA 2004's roster.I will list them and put the other tournaments they have played in since then. Remember I already listed every tournament Diamantidis and Spanoulis played in. Spanoulis has played in 8 and Diamantidis 7.

USA 2004 team:
Iverson - never again
Marbury - never again
Wade - 2006 and 2008 for a total of 3 tournaments
Boozer - never again
Anthony - 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 for a total of 5 tournaments
James - 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 for a total of 5 tournaments
Okafor - never again
Marion - never again
Stoudemire - 2007 for a total of 2 tournaments
Duncan - never again
Odom - 2010 for a total of 2 tournaments
Jefferson - never again

Yet you put the core of the 2004 is still playing? Are you just joking or just that misinformed about Team USA?

Euroleague
02-02-2013, 08:21 AM
You are counting tournaments. That's not how long someone played in the national team. You get onto the A national team and you stay there.

That's how long you are on it.

The Team USA players have been on it since 2004 or 2006. The ONLY time they were not was 2010.

You are just being an asshole, as usual.

gabepizza
02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
You are counting tournaments. That's not how long someone played in the national team. You get onto the A national team and you stay there.

That's how long you are on it.

The Team USA players have been on it since 2004 or 2006. The ONLY time they were not was 2010.

You are just being an asshole, as usual.

So you count from the first time a player plays to the last time? So Odom, who only played twice (2004 and 2010) has been on team USA for 6 years? Jason Kidd, who did not play a tournament from 2003-2008, was on the team for 9 years? USA is different. It's not like Greece which has such a small pool to choose from that they basically use the same players every tournament. If you count every player who played on Team USA from 2004 until now you would have a pool of around 40 players.

A good example is 2010. The World Championships that Euroleague players care so much more about than the Olympics. Every single player on Team USA, which went undefeated in that tournament, was different from the Team USA that went undefeated in the last tournament (2008 Olympics). In fact only three players on that team (Chandler, Billups and Odom) had ever played in a FIBA tournament before and all of them played in only one tournament before.

So to imply that the core of Team USA is the same since 2004, when only two players from that team, James and Anthony, have played on USA's last FIBA tournament and only one, Odom, on the one before that, is just a lie.

gabepizza
02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
I think you might have some confusion of who was on USA 2004's roster.I will list them and put the other tournaments they have played in since then. Remember I already listed every tournament Diamantidis and Spanoulis played in. Spanoulis has played in 8 and Diamantidis 7.

USA 2004 team:
Iverson - never again
Marbury - never again
Wade - 2006 and 2008 for a total of 3 tournaments
Boozer - never again
Anthony - 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 for a total of 5 tournaments
James - 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012 for a total of 5 tournaments
Okafor - never again
Marion - never again
Stoudemire - 2007 for a total of 2 tournaments
Duncan - never again
Odom - 2010 for a total of 2 tournaments
Jefferson - never again

Yet you put the core of the 2004 is still playing? Are you just joking or just that misinformed about Team USA?

I caught myself. Boozer was the 12th man on the 2008 team.

Euroleague
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
So you count from the first time a player plays to the last time? So Odom, who only played twice (2004 and 2010) has been on team USA for 6 years? Jason Kidd, who did not play a tournament from 2003-2008, was on the team for 9 years? USA is different. It's not like Greece which has such a small pool to choose from that they basically use the same players every tournament. If you count every player who played on Team USA from 2004 until now you would have a pool of around 40 players.

A good example is 2010. The World Championships that Euroleague players care so much more about than the Olympics. Every single player on Team USA, which went undefeated in that tournament, was different from the Team USA that went undefeated in the last tournament (2008 Olympics). In fact only three players on that team (Chandler, Billups and Odom) had ever played in a FIBA tournament before and all of them played in only one tournament before.

So to imply that the core of Team USA is the same since 2004, when only two players from that team, James and Anthony, have played on USA's last FIBA tournament and only one, Odom, on the one before that, is just a lie.

Odom and Kidd are not part of Team USA core and never were. You ****ing moron.

Greece does not use the same players every tournament you god damn snake. **** YOU AND BURN IN HELL!

gabepizza
02-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Odom and Kidd are not part of Team USA core and never were. You ****ing moron.

Greece does not use the same players every tournament you god damn snake. **** YOU AND BURN IN HELL!

What do you mean by core? You seem to suggest that US players have played together longer than other countries. Let's do it this way. Let's look at the top 5 national teams in the world and see how many players they had from 2004 that played in the most recent tournament in 2012.

USA- 2 (James, Anthony)
Spain - 5 (Gasol, Fernandez, Calderon, Navarro, Reyes)
Argentina - 5 (Ginobili, Scola, Nocioni, Gutierrez, Delfino)
Greece - 3 (Spanoulis, Zisis, Fotsis)
Lithuania - 2 (Jasikevicius, Songailia)

So you see in 2004 the USA, with Lithuania had the least amount of players out of the top teams to play in 2012.

And how about for 2006.

USA - 3 (James, Anthony, Paul)
Spain - 7 (Gasol, Fernandez, Calderon, Navarro, Reyes, M.Gasol, Rodriguez)
Argentina - 6 (Ginoblili, Scola, Nocioni, Gutierrez, Delfino, Prigioni)
Greece - 3 (Spanoulis, Zisis, Fotsis)
Lithuania - 5 (Songailia, Kalneitis, Kleiza, Jasaitis, Jankunas)

So again as you see. Out of the top national teams, USA with Greece had the least amount of players from 2006 play in 2012.

So don't go implying that the "core" of Team USA has played more than other national teams because as I have proven, they have played less.

Euroleague
02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Fiba, you can inform Gabe that he's on my ignore list so he can STFU.