PDA

View Full Version : Kobe bryant confronts Dwight on his passive aggressive whispering

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 06:27 PM
They held a clear-the-air team meeting before Wednesday morning's shoot-around, with Kobe Bryant very directly asking Dwight Howard if he disliked playing with the long-time Lakers star.

Nash, in his first season with the Lakers, said he didn't care how they played, whether it was via pick-and-roll or fastbreak or whatever. He just wanted everybody to be comfortable in the system. It was seen as a sacrifice by Nash, who played four seasons under D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense in Phoenix and won two NBA MVP awards while doing it.

Bryant also spoke up, acknowledging he could be "hard to play with" and asking Howard if that bothered him.

Howard's answer was unclear, though he did not engage Bryant in nearly as vocal a manner as Bryant engaged him.

"He didn't go back at Kobe," said the person who witnessed the meeting.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-meeting-20130123,0,5793715.story

:applause: :applause:

aintputtingupwithmorethanonebitchinhislifenomoreBe

avonbarksdale
01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
dwight stays a *****

9erempiree
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Alpha male is always going to alpha.

No surprise that Dwight didn't want anything of Kobe.

FireDavidKahn
Passive aggressive people are the most annoying kind.

Haymaker
Well done by Kobe. Lay the cards on the table and go to work. Howard is being so immature about their crisis.

eurobum
GoodFriendBe.

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Dwight being beta aka true to form

sbw19
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Not exactly Shaq'n'Kobe feud level, but this could turn ugly real quick, and Mitch might want to nip it in the bud and just trade Howard like he did with Shaq before it's too late.

lakerspng
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
They needed to air it out with each other weeks ago. That's what teams do, they communicate. The fact that they obviously have not been communicating until now, shows how deep the problems are. I hope they can work it out quickly enough to give them an actual shot at salvaging this season.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
kobe, nash and gasol have all shown some leAdership recently...

Howard thinks he's shaq or something.

Big Cheese
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Dwight is a fake ass bitch talk shit behind your back but scared to say it to your face.
He was suppose to be a leader and a franchise player yet he is scared of confrontation

Ancient Legend
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I guess today marks the start of the Lakers 3rd season already :lol

Whoah10115
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Being passive-aggressive is one thing...it's not an attractive or good quality, but it doesn't make you a piece of garbage....acting like a piece of garbage, through a method of passive-aggressive behavior...that makes you a big piece of garbage. For him to not answer Bryant and to not "engage" in dialogue the way Kobe did...sounds bad. He's saying it starts with him tho...so let's see what happens.

ripthekik
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
what a puussy. it was an opportunity for him for tell his thoughts and make a change, but this dude backs off like a wimp. he just lost his right to complain or ask for the ball the rest of the season.

crisoner
Passive aggressive people are the most annoying kind.

Especially passive aggressive girlfriends!!!
I had two of those in my days!

ispin69
Dwight doesn't have to fight back, he's about to leave this offseason anyways. He has the power. Kobe needs to kiss his nuts for him to even think about coming back.

Heavincent
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Dwight Howard apparently had such a problem, yet he doesn't say anything when Kobe directly asks him?

:rolleyes:

Godzuki
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
i wonder who the snitch is

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Dwight Howard apparently had such a problem, yet he doesn't say anything when Kobe directly asks him?

:rolleyes:

dude's gonna blog about it later tonight. in his room. alone. under cover of superman bedsheets.

dwight is the type of dude that should be peeing sitting down. beta

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Dwight stays being a b*tch.

No one has the balls like my boy Jerry Seinfeld to tell Kobe what's up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSxfi5mb4k

alleykat
01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
imagine if KG was the center for the Lakers and they were going through this problem....i'm not a drama fiend but I would like to see that confrontation...

anyways i think dwight has nothing to say. He knows he was in the wrong and putting bryant on blast was childish.

Heavincent
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSxfi5mb4k

That's a shockingly accurate representation of the Lakers locker room this year :oldlol:

Nash is Jerry
Kobe is George
Dwight is Kramer

Kurosawa0
01-23-2013, 06:51 PM
You really couldn't have asked more from this Lakers season. It's been awesome.

ripthekik
01-23-2013, 06:53 PM
the lakers vs memphis game tonight is going to be fun :banana:
great time for league pass

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
That's a shockingly accurate representation of the Lakers locker room this year :oldlol:

Nash is Jerry
Kobe is George
Dwight is Kramer

:oldlol: Perfect.

G-Funk
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
imagine if KG was the center for the Lakers and they were going through this problem....i'm not a drama fiend but I would like to see that confrontation...

anyways i think dwight has nothing to say. He knows he was in the wrong and putting bryant on blast was childish.
If KG was the center Lakers would bot be in this dilema in the first place.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Alphabe
Cutthecrapbe
Supnikkabe
Watchaproblembe
Unothappywithmebe

RoundMoundOfReb
01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Alphabe
Cutthecrapbe
Supnikkabe
Watchaproblembe
Unothappywithmebe

HardToPlayWithBe

ClutchOver9000
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
How can anyone be a fan of Dwight Howard? Srsly this guy pisses me off and I'm not even a Lakers/Magic fan.

This is turning out to be very Hollywood... It's befitting to LA

Mr. Jabbar
HardToPlayWithBe

younowalkwithnostatsheetaroundmebe

Kobr
01-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Not exactly Shaq'n'Kobe feud level, but this could turn ugly real quick, and Mitch might want to nip it in the bud and just trade Howard like he did with Shaq before it's too late.

Dawhite doesn't have Shaq's balls. He'll get in line right quick.

7secondsorless
01-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Meeting will probably be quite helpful in establishing an identity for the team. Dwight seemed to imply that he will focus more on the defensive end, getting the team to become at least a respectable defensive club. Kobe will probably ease up on shots for a bit and look to let Nash control the flow of the game. Even d'Antoni seemed to suggest tweaking his beloved system and slowing down the pace and that will help transition defense, getting Dwight more post touches and controlling Kobe's to volume shoot (to a degree). More methodical offense will lead to stability on defense. I'm expecting a nice 10-3ish record over their next dozen+ games and finally moving into real contention for the 7th-8th seed.

Haymaker
01-23-2013, 07:37 PM
dude's gonna blog about it later tonight. in his room. alone. under cover of superman bedsheets. :oldlol:

Pacers4ever
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Kobe wouldn't lay a finger o Dwight come on now :lol This won't do shit.

ispin69
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
If you think about it, it's very much like the Kobe/Shaq but the shoe is on the other foot.

Kobe was young upcoming + contract ending, able to force Buss' hand by demanding to trade the older dominant player or he would leave.

Howard seen as the future franchise player to Mitch Kupchak/Buss + contract ending, if they want to keep their future young star...they need to cater to his demands or he walks.

In before mad laker fans say just let him walk and they would rather the empty cap space. Difference is, Kobe has a no trade clause so it is harder to get rid of him or force him into retirement. Shaq had 3-4 years prime (9-10 years total) left while Kobe has 2-3 years tops.

Maybe nothing they say or do can keep Dwight. But the future sure does look bleak for these Lakers.

The-Legend-24
01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
This nigguh had a lot to say to the media, once confronted, the dude doesn't say shit... What a punk bitch.

Shepseskaf
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Dawhite doesn't have Shaq's balls. He'll get in line right quick.
No he won't. He'll just shut it down, collect paychecks for the rest of the season, and then leave.

Waking_Life
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Meeting will probably be quite helpful in establishing an identity for the team. Dwight seemed to imply that he will focus more on the defensive end, getting the team to become at least a respectable defensive club. Kobe will probably ease up on shots for a bit and look to let Nash control the flow of the game. Even d'Antoni seemed to suggest tweaking his beloved system and slowing down the pace and that will help transition defense, getting Dwight more post touches and controlling Kobe's to volume shoot (to a degree). More methodical offense will lead to stability on defense. I'm expecting a nice 10-3ish record over their next dozen+ games and finally moving into real contention for the 7th-8th seed.
:roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Dwight doesn't have to fight back, he's about to leave this offseason anyways. He has the power. Kobe needs to kiss his nuts for him to even think about coming back.

spoken like a true b!tch that u r...

Kobe didnt needed shaq to win championship(B2B) & he most definitely doesnt need a diva in Howard to win his 6th chip

The-Legend-24
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Don'tsayshitbehindmybackBe

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
http://dyingread.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kobe_dunks_over_dwight_howard.jpeg

Calabis
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Kobe getting that Gundy treatment from Howard...talk shit, then when confronted, act like everything is great:oldlol:

bigt
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Nash is Jerry
Kobe is George
Dwight is Kramer

Somebody with far more talent than me needs to edit this video with the Laker faces on the three of them :roll:

Reverend Hoops
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
spoken like a true b!tch that u r...

Kobe didnt needed shaq to win championship(B2B) & he most definitely doesnt need a diva in Howard to win his 6th chip

No, but he needs Phil.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Somebody with far more talent than me needs to edit this video with the Laker faces on the three of them :roll:

you need to narrow the search a bit jk

SpecialQue
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
How can anyone be a fan of Dwight Howard? Srsly this guy pisses me off and I'm not even a Lakers/Magic fan.

Dwight basically has no fans here (on ISH). I've actually made posts about it awhile back. He only has "defenders" now because it helps Kobe-haters with their f@gg0ty agenda.

Money 23
01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Kobe getting that Gundy treatment from Howard...talk shit, then when confronted, act like everything is great:oldlol:
Ashamed this guy is from my generation. That's the type of men you see today in the sport.

It's sickening for the most part. Yea you have your exceptions, but they're few and far between.

Whoah10115
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Dwight basically has no fans here (on ISH). I've actually made posts about it awhile back. He only has "defenders" now because it helps Kobe-haters with their f@gg0ty agenda.

D12 "Magic" is a fan, obviously. And he's a Nets fan from here in NJ.

chips93
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM

there are rational people who think that howard gets hated on unnecessarily, and defend him because of that, not just to shit on kobe

dwight is still really really good player.

SpecialQue
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
D12 "Magic" is a fan, obviously. And he's a Nets fan from here in NJ.

I forgot about him. I think there was one other person on ISH who said they were a fan. Aside from that though it was mainly crickets chirping.

AlphaWolf24
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Kobe's def the Alpha ....

Alpha's gonna Alph.....

next

DropStep
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Dwight continues to kill his fanbase. I havnt seen a player implode this much off the court in awhile.

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Ashamed this guy is from my generation. That's the type of men you see today in the sport.

It's sickening for the most part. Yea you have your exceptions, but they're few and far between.
wait I thought u watched MJ in his prime?

:oldlol:

if you appreciate basketball you can't possibly be a dwight howard fan.

chips93
01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Kobe's def the Alpha ....

Alpha's gonna Alph.....

next

so when will kobe's alpha-ness lead the lakers to .500? maybe even the playoffs?

or am i misunderstanding this 'alpha' concept.

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
or am i misunderstanding this 'alpha' concept.
u should consult your mother. she's quite the expert.

R.I.P.
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
So players meeting info got leaked. Wonder which player that was?

Money 23
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
wait I thought u watched MJ in his prime?

:oldlol:
This guy Dwight is roughly my age. I started watching and learning to play bball at 4 years old.

I watched MJ from '89 - '96 (his prime) so from age 4 to age 11, yes I watched MJ in his prime.

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
This guy Dwight is roughly my age. I started watching and learning to play bball at 4 years old.

I watched MJ from '89 - '96 (his prime) so from age 4 to age 11, yes I watched MJ in his prime.

your right my bad. for some reason I assumed u were a grown man during MJ's prime. surprised u remember so much from when u were 11

brownmamba00
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
So players meeting info got leaked. Wonder which player that was?
duhon...that nikka's got snitch written all over him

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:16 PM
your right my bad. for some reason I assumed u were a grown man during MJ's prime. surprised u remember so much from when u were 11
I have a good memory. I remember stuff quite clearly up to about 90 and 91 ...

89 stuff is hazy, but thats when I first picked up a ball. Dad taking me to the gym with him ... I was learning the sport quick. Was playing YMCA youth league ball by 5 or 6 years old.

Kobe always said his favorite player was Magic and team the Lakers. Kobe's said he started learning, watching, and playing the game at 3 or 4 years old.

Dwight might be slightly younger than me, LeBron is my age, maybe half a year older.

When I was 11 I was a ball boy for the Dallas Mavericks. Even got to meet Magic when he made his brief comeback at the end of the season. Our family was friends with Jason Kidd.

monkeypox
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Especially passive aggressive girlfriends!!!
I had two of those in my days!

No way! And how many of them were passive aggressive?

selrahc
01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
If you think about it, it's very much like the Kobe/Shaq but the shoe is on the other foot.

Kobe was young upcoming + contract ending, able to force Buss' hand by demanding to trade the older dominant player or he would leave.

Howard seen as the future franchise player to Mitch Kupchak/Buss + contract ending, if they want to keep their future young star...they need to cater to his demands or he walks.

In before mad laker fans say just let him walk and they would rather the empty cap space. Difference is, Kobe has a no trade clause so it is harder to get rid of him or force him into retirement. Shaq had 3-4 years prime (9-10 years total) left while Kobe has 2-3 years tops.

Maybe nothing they say or do can keep Dwight. But the future sure does look bleak for these Lakers.

Empty cap space? The Lakers are $30 million over the cap. If they let Dwight Howard walk there is no empty cap space... He needs to be traded.

Screamingdoom
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM

Nash is Jerry
Kobe is George
Dwight is Kramer

So true :lol

rmt
01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
The shoe is on the other foot. Now DH is the young star with all the power. No team will trade for him without assurance that he'll re-sign. He can just wait and become a free agent. For sure, Cuban will sign him to a big, fat contract. Pau is difficult to trade because of his age, contract and recent play. Lakers are in a bind.

andgar923
01-23-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-meeting-20130123,0,5793715.story

:applause: :applause:

aintputtingupwithmorethanonebitchinhislifenomoreBe

Good shit by Kobe.

He had to put an end to this before it became something.

TheBigVeto
01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
This is why Dwight is despicable.
He should've just punched Kobe in the mouth and say, "This is MY team".

This guy does not belong in the HoF.

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 12:08 AM

Basically yeah. Because let's be real, Howard at this point is looking like an absolute nightmare to have in the locker room

He isn't just "gonna walk". LA trading you away in your prime years means that you're a BROKEN commodity. If LA chooses to move him they'll get talent back and IMO Dwight is looking worse and worse. First the Orlando drama and now this?

His "defenders" have literally no legs to stand on here. The guy is embarrassing himself

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 12:09 AM
The shoe is on the other foot. Now DH is the young star with all the power. No team will trade for him without assurance that he'll re-sign. He can just wait and become a free agent. For sure, Cuban will sign him to a big, fat contract. Pau is difficult to trade because of his age, contract and recent play. Lakers are in a bind.

Dude, according to LA media and their sources Dwight is making himself look like a fool to everyone

Kobe 4 The Win
01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Dwight is bitchmade.

longtime lurker
01-24-2013, 01:07 AM

Except Dwight has been in LA half a season and hasn't brought a single thing to the Lakers besides drama and controversy.

Spaulding
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Dwight is not emotionally prepared to win. Here's Kobe trying to get the flame going in Dwight and Dwight cannot even backup what he's been thinking.

Ol Dirty Bastard
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Mike Brown is sitting back smoking a cigar and laughing at all of this (while getting his potato head sucked by former laker girls)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-24-2013, 02:32 AM

shows what kind of retard are you...seriously...go fcuking read some papers

ihoopallday
01-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Mike Brown is sitting back smoking a cigar and laughing at all of this (while getting his potato head sucked by former laker girls)

:roll: :roll: So true

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Except Dwight has been in LA half a season and hasn't brought a single thing to the Lakers besides drama and controversy.

Exactly

shadow
01-24-2013, 03:08 AM
DH doesn't have all the leverage. If he walks he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table. His best bet is to have the Lakers do a S&T for him unless he doesn't care about the money at all.

Kiddlovesnets
01-24-2013, 03:09 AM
Seriously what could have happened if CP3 was traded to the Lakers. Is Kobe willing to have CP3 be the leader of the team? And if not, is CP3 going to stand up against him?

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 03:17 AM
Seriously what could have happened if CP3 was traded to the Lakers. Is Kobe willing to have CP3 be the leader of the team? And if not, is CP3 going to stand up against him?

I'd like to think the dynamic would be vastly different. Both are killers cut from
Similar cloth. Look, in the end game recognizes
Game and I'm beginning to feel like Howard deep inside is a bit of a soft character.

Budadiiii
01-24-2013, 03:19 AM
Chris Paul is so much more well rounded than Kobe. His intellect would make Kobe his bitch, on, and off the court. Kobe's not all there in the head. He's really not.

Cali Syndicate
01-24-2013, 03:23 AM
I imagine Dwight with his goofy smile when Kobe was addressing him.

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 03:24 AM
Chris Paul is so much more well rounded than Kobe. His intellect would make Kobe his bitch, on, and off the court. Kobe's not all there in the head. He's really not.

He's a multi million dollar sports icon with career accolades. I'm sure Chris, will totally make him his "bitch"

Budadiiii
01-24-2013, 03:27 AM
He's a multi million dollar sports icon with career accolades. I'm sure Chris, will totally make him his "bitch"
The same way Dwayne Wade is LeBron's bitch.

rmt
01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
DH doesn't have all the leverage. If he walks he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table. His best bet is to have the Lakers do a S&T for him unless he doesn't care about the money at all.

Seems like a few players are leaving money on the table to go where they can win/are happy and DH certainly isn't winning in LA nor is he happy (which seems very important to him). He's got enough leverage and seems immature enough to just forego the extra money and stick it to Kobe/LAL. Lakers will have lost Bynum and will be screwed for years (no way to replace that talent) if he decides to walk.

Regardless of what some of you Laker fans think, Pau hasn't suddenly lost his skill (after his Olympics performance) and DH is still not completely healthy. This experiment is not working (at least not with D'Antoni at the helm). Do you think other teams aren't willing to take a chance that DH will get completely healthy and go back to his Orlando form in a place where he's happy? Anywhere will be better than the circus in LA and as far as winning - there are 20 teams out there with better records than LAL.

oh the horror
01-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Seems like a few players are leaving money on the table to go where they can win/are happy and DH certainly isn't winning in LA nor is he happy (which seems very important to him). He's got enough leverage and seems immature enough to just forego the extra money and stick it to Kobe/LAL. Lakers will have lost Bynum and will be screwed for years (no way to replace that talent) if he decides to walk.

Regardless of what some of you Laker fans think, Pau hasn't suddenly lost his skill (after his Olympics performance) and DH is still not completely healthy. This experiment is not working (at least not with D'Antoni at the helm). Do you think other teams aren't willing to take a chance that DH will get completely healthy and go back to his Orlando form in a place where he's happy? Anywhere will be better than the circus in LA and as far as winning - there are 20 teams out there with better records than LAL.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lakers GM loses Dwight and doesn't get assets back. We ain't the Bobcats here dude. They're a storied franchise for a reason.

Soundwave
01-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I think Dwight knew if he says Kobe is hard to play with, it's a trap even if he's being honest. Kobe will always remember someone saying that and will never let it go.

ItsTwisted
01-24-2013, 09:26 AM
This is exactly the reason why I was baffled when the Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni as coach, and as a Lakers fan, its hard to look at the team right now, but I am glad that this is happening because Jim Buss clearly cant run the team.

Phil would have been an excellent choice regardless of what he demanded because he is a coach that is respected by all players and therefore needed in this situation to deal with all the egos. Mike clearly couldnt do that in New York, so what made management think he was going to be able to do it in LA is still something that I dont understand. Even if they didnt hire Phil back, Mike wasnt the right choice.

However, the coach is the least of our problems, and I am not using it as an excuse, but situations such as these do really show how great of a coach Phil was when it came to managing all the egos and getting everyone on the same page.

Take Your Lumps
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Dwight Howard is done. He's never going to get there mentally until it's too late.

When the trade went down I thought Kobe Bryant of all people could straighten his ass out.

Turns out he's a lost cause with a high price tag.

hoopslife
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
In my opinion all of this Dwight drama just further illustrates how great of a coach Stan Van Gundy was. He kept Dwight in line as well as you can and created a system that fit to Dwight's strengths. D'Antoni is a terrible coach at handling strong personalities.

www.sportsdivide.com

White Mamba
01-24-2013, 10:00 AM

Cp3 is not a cry babe, he is a leader.