PDA

View Full Version : Get Jalen Rose the hell off TV

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 12:14 AM
this idiot knows nothing about the game

Kings Cousins w/31pts & 20 rebs in a road win at Toronto. I hear many opinions,now hear this...he is the best C in the league!

What an idiot. The guy can't speak properly to save his life either

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
He knows the game better than you buddy.

Doctor Rivers
01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
LeBron >> Durant

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
He knows the game better than you buddy.

That's an inane response. He may know the game better than some jackass poster on the internet but that doesn't mean he provides eloquent and interesting analysis.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
That's an inane response. He may know the game better than some jackass poster on the internet but that doesn't mean he provides eloquent and interesting analysis.
sigh...

It was just a direct insult at the poster with no regard if it makes logical sense

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 12:40 AM
sigh...

It was just a direct insult at the poster with no regard if it makes logical sense

Oh... step your game up then.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
sigh...

stop being such a ****er and baiting. quit derailing, ****er

Rubio2Gasol
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
What did he say about Durant?

I agree - he's an idiot.

andremiller07
01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
he is the best C in the league!
Atm no hes not Marc Gasol is, but in time he will be, his game does not rely on athletic ability like most the bigs out which means hes only going to get better with time, and he can do more things than just about any C in the L.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
stop being such a ****er and baiting. quit derailing, ****er
Why? So everyone can agree with you that Jalen Rose sucks on TV?

Well ok.. if thats the attention you crave

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Why? So everyone can agree with you that Jalen Rose sucks on TV?

Well ok.. if thats the attention you crave

He does kind of suck, it would be nice if ESPN took this a little more seriously.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 01:02 AM
He does kind of suck, it would be nice if ESPN took this a little more seriously.
Magic is clearly the worst of the bunch. At least the other two have some sort of brains.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
they have no chemistry. it's like they're robots. they need sir Charles.

he said most talented btw not best. which is arguable

kNicKz
01-05-2013, 01:05 AM

:rolleyes: sure bud

Shepseskaf
01-05-2013, 01:56 AM

What an idiot. The guy can't speak properly to save his life either
Its ironic how idiots like to call other people idiots.

Jalen is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and if he makes a comment, then it should be taken seriously.

Cousins is obviously as erratic as they come, but when playing up to his potential could certainly be considered the best C in the game.

The real disgrace on that set is Simmons -- someone who doesn't belong there at all.

Beebo
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Who is that homeless looking white guy?

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Its ironic how idiots like to call other people idiots.

Jalen is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and if he makes a comment, then it should be taken seriously.

Cousins is obviously as erratic as they come, but when playing up to his potential could certainly be considered the best C in the game.

The real disgrace on that set is Simmons -- someone who doesn't belong there at all.

Just because he's a former player does not mean he's extremely knowledgable about the game.

How many all time great players become coaches? Almost none. Playing at a professional level has absolutely nothing to do with knowing the game, it has to do with being extremely skilled and or hitting the genetic lottery

I have no issue with Simmons as he gives a different view of things. He almost speaks from a fan's perspective, which is an interesting provides an interesting dynamic. I like the contrasting styles, however Rose is very ignorant. Especially given he discusses other sports like football. He has no business being on a show like first take, yet he regularly fills in for SAS.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:11 AM
I dont really watch the espn games so I cannot comment on his TV. Love his podcast though, even if I dont always agree with him.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:12 AM
Just because he's a former player does not mean he's extremely knowledgable about the game.

How many all time great players become coaches? Almost none. Playing at a professional level has absolutely nothing to do with knowing the game, it has to do with being extremely skilled and or hitting the genetic lottery

I have no issue with Simmons as he gives a different view of things. He almost speaks from a fan's perspective, which is an interesting provides an interesting dynamic. I like the contrasting styles, however Rose is very ignorant. Especially given he discusses other sports like football. He has no business being on a show like first take, yet he regularly fills in for SAS.
if you really think this you are a complete idiot. You honestly think Jalen Rose doesnt understand the game of basketball at a high level? Really?

andremiller07
01-05-2013, 02:14 AM
I have no issue with Simmons as he gives a different view of things.

He said the exact same thing so did Magic they BOTH agreed with Rose, plus Jalen did not say hes the best he said most talented.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:14 AM
also, while his statement was clearly meant to be somewhat controversial, hes not really that far off. Look at cousins production the last 4 or so games. Basically putting up a 20-20 or close to it.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:15 AM
if you really think this you are a complete idiot. You honestly think Jalen Rose doesnt understand the game of basketball at a high level? Really?

Do you think Shaq understands the game of basketball at a high level? Do you think he provides excellent commentary/analysis of the game?

"If you want to be a great bigman, you need to be putting up 28 and 15"

Shepseskaf
01-05-2013, 02:16 AM

I think your obvious bias makes you post in extremes. Jalen is knowledgeable about the game -- something you would know if you'd listened to, and watched him, throughout his broadcast career.

I'd lay odds that Jalen is smarter than you are.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:16 AM
also, while his statement was clearly meant to be somewhat controversial, hes not really that far off. Look at cousins production the last 4 or so games. Basically putting up a 20-20 or close to it.

He's shooting 40% from the field while not taking 3's, that's an absolute disgrace for a great center.

andremiller07
01-05-2013, 02:17 AM
He's shooting 40% from the field while not taking 3's, that's an absolute disgrace for a great center.

Impact on games >FG% Dwights FG is through the roof and look at the Lakers, he gets less easy looks than any other big most his misses he gets and has 1-2 misses on tip ins and makes it.

Watching games >stats

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:18 AM
I think your obvious bias makes you post in extremes. Jalen is knowledgeable about the game -- something you would know if you'd listened to, and watched him, throughout his broadcast career.

If you mean in terms of playing at a professional level? Of course

In terms of analyzing basketball? Laughable comparison, seeing as basketball is a hobby of mine and I don't go in depth in terms of analysis

In terms of mental acquity? :roll:

Rose's IQ is below 100

Shepseskaf
01-05-2013, 02:24 AM
In terms of analyzing basketball? Laughable comparison, seeing as basketball is a hobby of mine and I don't go in depth in terms of analysis

In terms of mental acquity? :roll:

Rose's IQ is below 100
So, if basketball is a hobby of yours, are you a professional at judging intelligence levels? What is your IQ, then?

I'll stand by my earlier statement that probably he's smarter than you. I've watched Jalen from his days at Michigan, and have always found him to be extremely insightful on the game of basketball, as well as on other topics.

He's taken his gifts and put together a very productive career as both a player and broadcaster. What have you done with your life?

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:28 AM
So, if basketball is a hobby of yours, are you a professional at judging intelligence levels? What is your IQ, then?

I'll stand by my earlier statement that probably he's smarter than you. I've watched Jalen from his days at Michigan, and have always found him to be extremely insightful on the game of basketball, as well as on other topics.

He's taken his gifts and put together a very productive career as both a player and broadcaster. What have you done with your life?

I'll be attending medical school in the spring, unfortunately I was not gifted with the physical ability to be a professional athlete :confusedshrug:

andremiller07
01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
I'll be attending medical school in the spring, unfortunately I was not gifted with the physical ability to be a professional athlete :confusedshrug:

Dude at no point did Jalen say right now Cousins is the best Centre, he said most talented theres a big difference

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Dude at no point did Jalen say right now Cousins is the best Centre, he said most talented theres a big difference

Straight from Jalen Rose's twitter, and I quote

Kings Cousins w/31pts & 20 rebs in a road win at Toronto. I hear many opinions,now hear this...he is the best C in the league

andremiller07
01-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Straight from Jalen Rose's twitter, and I quote

O ns? Well on ESPN he said most talented and he probably still means that imo, Cousins has only just began to play well there a quiet a few guys right now over the course of the season better than him.

Shepseskaf
01-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Apparently, while the OP is busy calling other people 'idiots', he needs to work on his own intelligence and comprehension skills.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Do you think Shaq understands the game of basketball at a high level? Do you think he provides excellent commentary/analysis of the game?

"If you want to be a great bigman, you need to be putting up 28 and 15"
Someone like shaq clearly has some massive genetic advantages, but he also understands the game quite well. Is he a good commentator? No, hes crap. But that doesnt mean I question his bball understanding.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 02:53 AM
ESPN as a whole is just trash.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Someone like shaq clearly has some massive genetic advantages, but he also understands the game quite well. Is he a good commentator? No, hes crap. But that doesnt mean I question his bball understanding.

Red Auerbach never played professionally, I guess he didn't know anything about the game :confusedshrug:

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:56 AM
no doubt he has his flaws. Clearly he takes too many poor shots (he had more shots than monroe and drummond combined and barely outscored just monroe the other day). He is also a offensive pivot like few others (jefferson come to mind) while also being a very solid paint defender (granted he takes plays off).

I am not saying I agree with Jalen's assessment. I am saying you are silly for writing off jalen's insight into the game. He is clearly a fairly well rounded and reasonably intelligent person, despite the AAU/college/nba treadmill limiting his actual educational exposure. He sure sounds smarter than most NBA ballers to me.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Red Auerbach never played professionally, I guess he didn't know anything about the game :confusedshrug:
stop it. You just sound like an idiot. Sounds about right for a premed student. No nuance or actual logic (the discipline) in your argument. Nowhere do I say you have to be a prof baller to understand bball. typical weak ass response when you really dont have an argument. Many of the greatest basketball minds never played professionally. So? The point still stands that anyone who has played at a high level for much of their adult life has a pretty good grasp on the game. Particularly if you actually bothered to watch Jalen's career.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 03:09 AM
stop it. You just sound like an idiot. Sounds about right for a premed student. No nuance or actual logic (the discipline) in your argument. Nowhere do I say you have to be a prof baller to understand bball. typical weak ass response when you really dont have an argument. Many of the greatest basketball minds never played professionally. So? The point still stands that anyone who has played at a high level for much of their adult life has a pretty good grasp on the game. Particularly if you actually bothered to watch Jalen's career.

First off, I'm revealing the flaws in your absurd logic that you must be a professional athlete to be a true student of the game.

Secondly, nothing about Jalen Rose's career as an analyst has been particularly impressive. He was hired because of his history as a professional athlete, it had very little to do with his actual knowledge of the game.

Ignorant casual fans take anything from a professional athlete as fact, when in actuality it's nothing more than conjecture based upon intuition and little reasoning.

Finally, I never majored in pre-med. I graduated with a degree in Biochemistry.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-05-2013, 03:09 AM

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. :oldlol:

I don't understand how (or why) people are backing Jalen. He's freaking horrible. Same with Simmons. Magic and Wilbon (periodically) seem to be the only people on that set w/ an ounce of bball knowledge.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Jalen Rose said the Wizards were the dark horse team to watch, the guy feeds his own ego, agree with OP turn the damn camera off

\thread

PS he's still mad he got no playing time in PHX

PPS the expression on his face when congratulating his buddy Juwan after the ring was priceless

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 03:12 AM

I don't understand how (or why) people are backing Jalen. He's freaking horrible. Same with Simmons. Magic and Wilbon (periodically) seem to be the only people on that set w/ an ounce of bball knowledge.

I'm assuming Boozehound is a fan of the University of Michigan and is very sensitive towards Rose as he representes the university. There is no other explanation.

Shepseskaf
01-05-2013, 03:16 AM

The OP seems to be in the twilight zone, but most of the responses in this thread have been very rational and measured.

Jalen is not "polished", but don't confuse that with not being smart.

He was better on the show as a commentator, but playing the host role is new.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 03:17 AM
First off, I'm revealing the flaws in your absurd logic that you must be a professional athlete to be a true student of the game.

Secondly, nothing about Jalen Rose's career as an analyst has been particularly impressive. He was hired because of his history as a professional athlete, it had very little to do with his actual knowledge of the game.

Ignorant casual fans take anything from a professional athlete as fact, when in actuality it's nothing more than conjecture based upon intuition and little reasoning.

Finally, I never majored in pre-med. I graduated with a degree in Biochemistry.
wow, you are a fool. I never once said you had to be a pro baller to understand the game. I said that in order to be a pro baller with a lengthy career as a starter, you obviously have a very good grasp of the game. Hence my reference to logic. You cant just invert my assertion and act like I said that instead.

Second, I am not talking about his analyst career. I am talking about his bball career. If you had watched any of it, you would know that he is a heady and smart baller.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm assuming Boozehound is a fan of the University of Michigan and is very sensitive towards Rose as he representes the university. There is no other explanation.
You are an idiot. a complete and total idiot. Have fun being a quality control tech in a slaughterhouse after you flunk out of med school,

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 03:20 AM
You are an idiot. a complete and total idiot. Have fun being a quality control tech in a slaughterhouse after you flunk out of med school,

Just stop.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Just stop.
Sorry, not going to stop when you act the fool. You cant be bothered to read what people said, you make huge logical twists and use very poor technique in your arguments, and you're an arrogant shithole.

again, where do I say you have to be a pro baller to understand bball? Nowhere, but you apparently cant/cant be bothered to respond to the statements people actually make and would rather argue against a very shallow, unrealistic and naive strawman.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Sorry, not going to stop when you act the fool. You cant be bothered to read what people said, you make huge logical twists and use very poor technique in your arguments, and you're an arrogant shithole.

again, where do I say you have to be a pro baller to understand bball? Nowhere, but you apparently cant/cant be bothered to respond to the statements people actually make and would rather argue against a very shallow, unrealistic and naive strawman.

You've resorted to personal attacks after someone questioned the credibility of an analyst on television, to which you have no personal ties.

This is a new level of stanning. I'm done here.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Ok girls lets try to be a little less emotional here. I can just see you tapping away furiously at your keyboards: "YOURE AN IDIOT!!!"

AGHGHGHGH!!!!!

Calm down.

boozehound
01-05-2013, 03:30 AM
You've resorted to personal attacks after someone questioned the credibility of an analyst on television, to which you have no personal ties.

This is a new level of stanning. I'm done here.
again, it has nothing to do with your dislike of his analysis. It has everything with you being unable or unwilling to comprehend the argument. Putting ignorant words in my mouth (and weak ass shit like your Auerbach post which is completely irrelevant, as no one said only players can understand the game) pisses me off.

28renyoy
01-05-2013, 03:33 AM
again, it has nothing to do with your dislike of his analysis. It has everything with you being unable or unwilling to comprehend the argument. Putting ignorant words in my mouth (and weak ass shit like your Auerbach post which is completely irrelevant, as no one said only players can understand the game) pisses me off.

You lent credence to Rose's validity as an analyst based upon an underwelming playing career as a journeyman.

I deduced he was a poor analyst based upon his illogical stances/irrational views, extreme perspectives straying afar from reasonable rationale, and poor linguistics.

Stop being hypersensitive

boozehound
01-05-2013, 03:41 AM
You lent credence to Rose's validity as an analyst based upon an underwelming playing career as a journeyman.

I deduced he was a poor analyst based upon his illogical stances/irrational views, extreme perspectives straying afar from reasonable rationale, and poor linguistics.

Stop being hypersensitive
so, you stand by your statements demeaning his intelligence? Or his lack of understanding of the game? You will notice I never say anything about his actual commentating. That was never my point. My point was that he clearly is intelligent about basketball.

journeyman? He averaged nearly 15 ppg for 15 years. He was a huge part of some very good pacers teams and was a significant starter most of his career. I wonder if you saw any of his career outside of his elder statesman role down the stretch.

Finally, you do realize the point of those stupid panels is to make hyperbolic statements? There is a reason dudes like skip and cowherd are very popular "analysts".

All Net
01-05-2013, 04:41 AM
He's better than some idiots on there.

bdreason
01-05-2013, 06:03 AM
I was a fan of Rose as a player, but not really as an analyst. I always respect the opinion of ex-players and coaches, regardless of whether I agree or not. I'm actually really picky about which analysts I enjoy. Usually it's the ex-players/coaches that give me those small insights into the game that you can't get anywhere else but from someone who played/coached the game on that level.