http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrqL4jxcOYk

33 points
7/8 2pts
5/5 3pts

in a win against biggest rivals Real Madrid

possibly the best shooter in the world

NLZ
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum > Juan Carlos Navarro crazy game

IGotACoolStory
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Best player in the best league in the best world in the best universe.

alenleomessi
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum > Juan Carlos Navarro crazy game
As far as i know we can talk about past, present or future nba players

fsvr54
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Where's the defense?

Nikka makes the same floater like 5 times.

Nick Young
01-03-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrqL4jxcOYk

33 points
7/8 2pts
5/5 3pts

in a win against biggest rivals Real Madrid

possibly the best shooter in the world
Yes, he's a better shooter than Ray Allen and Steve Novak:facepalm

inclinerator
01-03-2013, 10:20 PM
does he even lift?

TaLvsCuaL
01-03-2013, 10:28 PM
An incredibly talented player, and one of the best European players in history. Him and Pau have led the most glorious era of the Spaniard basketball. A shame, has no replacement.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 01:27 AM
An incredibly talented player, and one of the best European players in history. Him and Pau have led the most glorious era of the Spaniard basketball. A shame, has no replacement.

He's the best Spanish player of all time.

gabepizza
01-04-2013, 01:51 AM
He's the best Spanish player of all time.

You can't say Navarro is better than Pau. Pau has proved himself a champion and an All-star in the top league in the world, which Navarro hasn't.

And for the national team together Pau and Navarro have recently won gold medals in the last two Eurobaskets and silver in the last two Olympics (behind only the United States). Although Pau has never played without Navarro, in the 2010 World's Navarro played without Pau and Spain dropped from being the 2nd best team in the World to a 6th place finish with a 5-4 record (and 3 of those 5 victories were against Canada, Lebanon and New Zealand so really 2-4 record against other top teams)

So while we will never know how Spain would have fared with Pau and no Navarro we have seen that Spain with Navarro and no Pau, Spain drops from being the 2nd best team in the world to not even a top 5.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 03:06 AM
You can't say Navarro is better than Pau. Pau has proved himself a champion and an All-star in the top league in the world, which Navarro hasn't.

And for the national team together Pau and Navarro have recently won gold medals in the last two Eurobaskets and silver in the last two Olympics (behind only the United States). Although Pau has never played without Navarro, in the 2010 World's Navarro played without Pau and Spain dropped from being the 2nd best team in the World to a 6th place finish with a 5-4 record (and 3 of those 5 victories were against Canada, Lebanon and New Zealand so really 2-4 record against other top teams)

So while we will never know how Spain would have fared with Pau and no Navarro we have seen that Spain with Navarro and no Pau, Spain drops from being the 2nd best team in the world to not even a top 5.

You are a ****ing moron.

Navarro is the best Spanish player ever.

In fact, recently he won 3 different polls in Spain asking who is the best Spanish player ever.

lilojmayo
01-04-2013, 03:19 AM
You are a ****ing moron.

Navarro is the best Spanish player ever.

In fact, recently he won 3 different polls in Spain asking who is the best Spanish player ever.

Euroleague, how does Navarro currently ( in his prime) stack up against the current NBA SGs.

I had him high up there, the dude is phenomenal and has torched the US throughout the years. When i told some ppl this they thought I was trollin.

Jyap9675
01-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Damn that floater, I don't like his shooting form tho.. he leans to the left after every shot...

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Euroleague, how does Navarro currently ( in his prime) stack up against the current NBA SGs.

I had him high up there, the dude is phenomenal and has torched the US throughout the years. When i told some ppl this they thought I was trollin.

He's not in his prime now. In the current time, he has extremely bad injuries to his feet. This was just a throw back game from him.

He already went back to the injury list after that game. His prime was back a couple of years ago, before all of the injuries. In reality, he's not going to play much longer. He might not even make it past this season.

He has been playing at about 70-75% ever since the start of last season. I don't think he can manage to do so much longer.

The unfortunate thing for Navarro was that originally he was really athletic. Really quick, great first step, even great leaping ability (used to dunk a lot in games).

Then he had that bad leg injury early in his career and he lost most of his athletic ability. He learned to adjust to it, but because of that, he can't really afford the further erosion of more injuries to his legs and feet.

He adjusted also to getting older and slower, but now with the foot problems on top of it, he's pretty much to the end of his career now. It's unfortunate, because he is pretty much physically done at age 32, but his skills are better than ever.

TheBigVeto
01-04-2013, 03:52 AM
If he's healthy he's up there with elite shooters in the NBA. Nash. Ray Allen. Novak. Dirk.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 03:54 AM
If he's healthy he's up there with elite shooters in the NBA. Nash. Ray Allen. Novak. Dirk.

True, but he's more of a scorer type though. A lot of his offense comes off the dribble, or off of his floater.

madmax
01-04-2013, 04:04 AM
best shooter in the world currently:applause: :bowdown:

Fiba basketball
01-04-2013, 06:31 AM

There's nothing wrong with saying Navarro is better than Gasol ( who I think is underrated ) I also think that and a lot of other people think that too .

Jon_Koncak
01-04-2013, 06:32 AM

I'd compare him to JJ Redick.

inclinerator
01-04-2013, 06:35 AM
no.

9erempiree
01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
he's overrated in my opinion. A lot of it wont translate to the NBA gam.

If he's barely throwing up floaters and fade to the left jumpers, he's going to get killed.

Also, notice there were no defensive highlights....he would get lit up on defense.

pauk
01-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Those damn floaters, thought the video was on repeat or something

9erempiree
01-04-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm not a hater and I actually embrace basketball from all stand points. Even different leagues of the world but what Navarro did was not very impressive.

Impressive for the league he's playing?...maybe. He's not even Kobe or Lebron of his own league.

Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise. I know for a fact he couldn't do it in the NBA. If he was given the green light as the #1 option, I still don't think he can do it.

Props for him for having a great game for the league's standards.

pauk
01-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm not a hater and I actually embrace basketball from all stand points. Even different leagues of the world but what Navarro did was not very impressive.

Impressive for the league he's playing?...maybe. He's not even Kobe or Lebron of his own league.

Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise. I know for a fact he couldn't do it in the NBA. If he was given the green light as the #1 option, I still don't think he can do it.

Props for him for having a great game for the league's standards.

He could do it against Miami Heat! *ba dum tss!*

chains5000
01-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise.
They don't.
I can understand you thinking it's not the same due to being an inferior league, but you can't just claim Kobe and Lebron do that everyweek.
You must realize ACB games are just 40 minutes long, not 48 like in the NBA.
He scored 33 points in 40 minutes, which translates to 49.5 in 48 minutes. I don't see Lebron and Kobe getting just under 50 points every week, right?
In fact, Navarro played 30 minutes that game.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 07:19 AM
There's nothing wrong with saying Navarro is better than Gasol ( who I think is underrated ) I also think that and a lot of other people think that too .

gabepizza has never seen a game outside of the NBA or Team USA games. He obviously has no freaking clue in the slightest how good Navarro was in his career.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
I'd compare him to JJ Redick.

I like JJ, he's one my favorite players ever in NCAA actually. But he's not nearly as good a shooter or scorer as Navarro is. He's not as good at passing, running pick and roll, or dribbling either.

Not as good at creating his own shot. In fact, he's not even close to as good at any of that.

He is a lot better on defense though.
I think a much more accurate comparison for a contemporary NBA player would be Jason Terry. Basically, Navarro is a rich man's (as in better version of ) Terry.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM

If he's barely throwing up floaters and fade to the left jumpers, he's going to get killed.

Also, notice there were no defensive highlights....he would get lit up on defense.

Yet he can easily tear up Team USA, the Lakers, etc. every time he plays them.

Jon_Koncak
Spain with Navaro but without Gasol flopped badly in 2005 and 2010.Spain with Gasol was the best european team by far.No comparison.Gasol was definitely the difference maker in spanish NT.

Doranku
They don't.
I can understand you thinking it's not the same due to being an inferior league, but you can't just claim Kobe and Lebron do that everyweek.
You must realize ACB games are just 40 minutes long, not 48 like in the NBA.
He scored 33 points in 40 minutes, which translates to 49.5 in 48 minutes. I don't see Lebron and Kobe getting just under 50 points every week, right?
In fact, Navarro played 30 minutes that game.

:wtf: What archaic math did you use to come up with that number?

chains5000
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
:wtf: What archaic math did you use to come up with that number?
lol
you're right:facepalm Huge mistake

Rooster
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Spain with Navaro but without Gasol flopped badly in 2005 and 2010.Spain with Gasol was the best european team by far.No comparison.Gasol was definitely the difference maker in spanish NT.

Right on. Pau is the be all end all of Spanish team. Without him dominating those hapless unathletic centers like that stiff Bourossis, Spain would be like a shooting team.

Rooster
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
True, but he's more of a scorer type though. A lot of his offense comes off the dribble, or off of his floater.

He was the same spot up shooter in NBA. :oldlol:

Don't let that minor league scene fool you with those slow and unathletic defenders:oldlol:

LikeABosh
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Any decent NBA guard would make that little scrub their bitch:lol

Rooster
01-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Same sentiment here. He got overrated because of a couple of good games against USA. Scrubs like Patty Mills also torched USA and so did scrubs like Saras and Arroyo. Average NBA player at best. Good player off the bench or someone you can use for spacing. But defensively, he's too unathletic to keep with the Gazelles. Memphis used him appropriately. La Bamba fits better in an inferior league where he does not have to use his energy guarding the best scorers in the world without flopping.

Segatti
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Would be a decent role player on NBA in his prime. Ok, maybe a decent bench warmer in his prime.

gabepizza
01-04-2013, 12:04 PM
gabepizza has never seen a game outside of the NBA or Team USA games. He obviously has no freaking clue in the slightest how good Navarro was in his career.

I've seen Navarro a lot. He's inconsistant. This past summer he had a great first half against team USA but was shut down in the 2nd half. In 2008 he had a great gold medal game against the US but sucked the rest of the tournament.

In 2006 when Pau went down in the semi-finals Navarro, with some help, led Spain to gold but if Navarro has to be "the man" for Spain for a whole tournament Spain fails miserable like in 2005 and 2010.

Navarro is streaking. Like many streaking players there are times when he seems unstoppable but then there are times when he disappears. He played a full season in the NBA, 82 games, started 30. And while he had a good season, voted all-rookie second team, he wasn't even the top of his class while players like Al Thornton, Jeff Green and Luis Scola were first team.

People mentioned his game against the Lakers. That is a good example. In Navarro's prime his team traveled to LA and scored 34 points on 12-27 shooting in a 4 point loss.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281018013

But the very next day Barca played the lowly Clippers (this was when the Clippers were one of the worst teams in the league) and scored 11 points on 2-10 shooting in a 5 point loss.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281019138

So these two games are good example of Navarro. In one game he goes against the NBA's best, has a great game and almost beats them but the next day goes against the NBA's worst (and these Clippers were the worst of the worst, not only were they bad but as you can see from the box score they didn't even play their top players) and has a horrible game and can't beat NBA talent even at the lowest level.

Rooster
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I've seen Navarro a lot. He's inconsistant. This past summer he had a great first half against team USA but was shut down in the 2nd half. In 2008 he had a great gold medal game against the US but sucked the rest of the tournament.

In 2006 when Pau went down in the semi-finals Navarro, with some help, led Spain to gold but if Navarro has to be "the man" for Spain for a whole tournament Spain fails miserable like in 2005 and 2010.

Navarro is streaking. Like many streaking players there are times when he seems unstoppable but then there are times when he disappears. He played a full season in the NBA, 82 games, started 30. And while he had a good season, voted all-rookie second team, he wasn't even the top of his class while players like Al Thornton, Jeff Green and Luis Scola were first team.

People mentioned his game against the Lakers. That is a good example. In Navarro's prime his team traveled to LA and scored 34 points on 12-27 shooting in a 4 point loss.

But the very next day Barca played the lowly Clippers (this was when the Clippers were one of the worst teams in the league) and scored 11 points on 2-10 shooting in a 5 point loss.

So these two games are good example of Navarro. In one game he goes against the NBA's best, has a great game and almost beats them but the next day goes against the NBA's worst (and these Clippers were the worst of the worst, not only were they bad but as you can see from the box score they didn't even play their top players) and has a horrible game and can't beat NBA talent even at the lowest level.

Elden Campbell syndrome:oldlol:

Nash
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Yet he can easily tear up Team USA, the Lakers, etc. every time he plays them.
You do know he has played a full season in the NBA and only averaged 10.9 ppg? So its not like you can come up with stupid BS about how he would own the NBA.

alenleomessi
01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Best way to describe JCN is - he cant guard but he also cant be guarded

last year we had probably the best team defense in the tournament we shut down every team, our bigs ( especially antic ) did great job on the gasol brothers but there was just nothing we could do against navarro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_5ai_cNpYM

when he gets hot, a lineup of payton-jordan-pippen-duncan-hakeem cant do shit

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM

last year we had probably the best team defense in the tournament we shut down every team, our bigs ( especially antic ) did great job on the gasol brothers but there was just nothing we could do against navarro

:roll:

Rooster
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM

Navarro lighting up those hapless bums from Macedonians and get compare to Jordan. :oldlol:

When a dinosaur like Kobe decided to shut him down, La Bamba hardly did anything on the 2nd half.

And you try to tell me those prime version on Glove, Pippen and Jordan and can not do shit:facepalm

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Navarro is better than Gasol. Gasol never in his life had the ability to single handed beat teams. Navarro could do it any time he got hot.

Gaosl relies on an entire offense and team being designed to get him the ball where he needs it. Otherwise, he does nothing.

Navarro can just take the ball and get his own offense, or he can create for others, and run pick and roll.

It's really not even a contest. You are confusing most accomplished with best. Pau is more accomplished, not better.

Navarro is definitely the best Spanish player ever, even over Epi. Anyone saying otherwise has absolutely zero basketball knowledge.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:03 PM

You have never in your life seen a non NBA or Team USA basketball game. You probably have only seen a handful of non Knicks games.

Rooster
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Navarro is better than Gasol. Gasol never in his life had the ability to single handed beat teams. Navarro could do it any time he got hot.

Gaosl relies on an entire offense and team being designed to get him the ball where he needs it. Otherwise, he does nothing.

Navarro can just take the ball and get his own offense, or he can create for others, and run pick and roll.

It's really not even a contest. You are confusing most accomplished with best. Pau is more accomplished, not better.

Navarro is definitely the best Spanish player ever, even over Epi.

Yet Navarro led team can't get a medal without Pau:roll:

Maybe in a weak like Euroleague, Navarro can do all that.:oldlol:

But in a big league:no:

He is a mainly a spot up shooter:cheers:

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:08 PM

None of these guys has ever seen Navarro play more than 2 games, most of them have never seen him play ever. They are a bunch of drooling retards. Anyone that has seen enough European basketball knows that Navarro is unguardable the second he hits a couple shots.

If he hits a couple shots, the light just goes on and he will absolute destroy any team on the planet. gabepizza said he is streaky.yeah he's streaky hot bigger than Reggie Miller was.

He's an absolute nightmare when he gets rolling. This forum is such an absolute JOKE.

In Europe, people only compare Navarro to guys like Petrovic and Galis. None of this Pau Gasol shit.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Navarro lighting up those hapless bums from Macedonians and get compare to Jordan. :oldlol:

When a dinosaur like Kobe decided to shut him down, La Bamba hardly did anything on the 2nd half.

And you try to tell me those prime version on Glove, Pippen and Jordan and can not do shit:facepalm

He was playing on one leg in that Olympics and that gold medal game you ****ing idiot. The guy could barely even walk.

How ****ing pathetic are you that brag about holding a "Euro scrub" to 21 points when he was barely able to walk? American basketball fans are the most pathetic sports fans on the planet by far.

wang4three
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
His ability to score was never a problem. That floater worked in the NBA too. His problem was trying to play a team game. He was often cited for thinking he deserved more than he earned. He didn't play the team game either, was always looking for his shot. He was kinda like a poor man's Jason Terry

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Yet Navarro led team can't get a medal without Pau:roll:

Maybe in a weak like Euroleague, Navarro can do all that.:oldlol:

But in a big league:no:

He is a mainly a spot up shooter:cheers:

Euroleague is better than NBA. Euroleague IS the big league. NBA is the second tier league.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 02:14 PM
His ability to score was never a problem. That floater worked in the NBA too. His problem was trying to play a team game. He was often cited for thinking he deserved more than he earned. He didn't play the team game either, was always looking for his shot. He was kinda like a poor man's Jason Terry

He's a better version of Jason Terry. Memphis did not use him right. He needs the ball in his hands and freedom to run pick and roll. He's not a spot up shooter.

Anyone that thinks he is, is clearly a mental midget.

gabepizza
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Euroleague is better than NBA. Euroleague IS the big league. NBA is the second tier league.

The big league where AK47 is the league MVP AND DPOY. The big league where Bobby Brown dominates. Euroleague is the big league...for slow, unathletic Euros and other players who can't make the NBA.

gabepizza
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
He was playing on one leg in that Olympics and that gold medal game you ****ing idiot. The guy could barely even walk.

How ****ing pathetic are you that brag about holding a "Euro scrub" to 21 points when he was barely able to walk? American basketball fans are the most pathetic sports fans on the planet by far.

21 points but zero in the 2nd half.

Euroleague
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
The big league where AK47 is the league MVP AND DPOY. The big league where Bobby Brown dominates. Euroleague is the big league...for slow, unathletic Euros and other players who can't make the NBA.

In Europe, they call the NBA the little league.

Cali Syndicate
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Navarro is definitely the best Spanish player ever, even over Epi. Anyone saying otherwise has absolutely zero basketball knowledge.

Imagine if shaq never had those great players to get him the ball when he was in the low post, he wouldn't be able to do anything.

ElPigto
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
In Europe, they call the NBA the little league.

Funny how all the European greats want to play in the NBA. Hell even, Vassilis "T-Mac of Greece" Spanoulis came to play here. It's too bad that when they get here reality strikes them and they quickly learn that more than likely they won't be the heroes they were at home.