PDA

View Full Version : Say 3 bad things about your favorite player

IamRAMBO24
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll start:

Lebron

1. Took a shortcut by going to Miami.
2. Does not have the offensive finesse of Kobe.
3. Can't seem to beast it up and pull off a 60+ type of game.

IamRAMBO24
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Prediction:

Kobe fans will avoid this thread like the plague.

Pacers4ever
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
All 3 of those are arguably not bad. So it's a bad thing lebron didn't mold his game after another player who doesn't fit his own? Only reason why I would ever consider opening up on your threads ever again is for your avi.

White Mamba
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Kobe:

Couldn't get along with Shaq
demanded a trade in 2007
didn't shoot in the second half of a game 7 vs suns.

fpliii
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Wade:

Rubio2Gasol
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Rubio/Rondo

>Should be a better shooter
>Should get angry a little more/ should get angry a little less.
>Should be more assertive scoring the ball when they get played off off.

TheMarkMadsen
12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Mark Madsen:

Has the heart but not the dance moves

Should have stuck around LA and won more rings.

Never made himself the # 1 option in minny or for the clippers

MichaelCheazley
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Shaq
1. Could have had a better work ethic to stay in shape and work on flaws
2. Commited quite a bit of what we would consider offensive fouls today
3. Wasn't as great of a defender as he could have been given his physical attributes
4. Ft's

+ Pretty bad at inside the nba. His arguments are terrible, hes terrible at judging talent, he's insecure considering what he has accomplished when it comes to dwight and what not

Midnight Toker
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Ibaka

Still needs to develop better on-ball D
Still hasnt developed a good post up game
Goes for broke on blocks sometimes and it causes him to have unnecessary fouls

lilgodfather1
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
LeBron

That abortion in South Beach.
Incredibly stupid for the Decision.
Needs to work on his shooting and post game.

Kyrie

TERRIBLE defense.
Injury prone.
Not a great passer, but not a terrible one.

heavensdevil
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Kevin Durant

-Needs to get physically stronger
-needs to improve defense
-needs to be more selfish

Whoah10115
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Was OP really interested in his own thread or did he wanna slag off Kobe and his stans?

Patrick Ewing:

1. Couldn't dribble as well as I can and I don't have good handles.

2. Got fat, despite how bad his knees got (post 95).

3. Didn't bitch harder for a real PG. Didn't bitch hard enough to keep Mark Jackson. Didn't bitch hard enough to stop us from letting go of Harper to sign Chris Childs. Didn't bitch hard enough to laugh at us for wasting our free agency on Childs and Houston.

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Kobe:

- Even though he can make them, sometimes forces though shots when unnecessary

- Can be stubborn in his ways

- Can be lazy on defense, especially pick and roll and transition.

Rysio
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
nothing. he's perfect. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Fudge
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Durant
-Needs to look to score more
-Way too turnover prone with his passing
-Has to stop complaining for fouls. Just makes him look bad.

red1
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
scalabrine
too much of a baller
makes others around him feel inferior
could be even more handsome if he was tanned

Rysio
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Kobe:

- Even though he can make them, sometimes forces though shots when unnecessary

- Can be stubborn in his ways

- Can be lazy on defense, especially pick and roll and transition.

Kobe:

Couldn't get along with Shaq
demanded a trade in 2007
didn't shoot in the second half of a game 7 vs suns.
negged

TylerOO
12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Lets Wade touch the ball
Passes too much
Wears a ridiculous headband

rodman91
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Rodman

Limited scoring skills.
Bad Free Throws.
Too much distraction even for his own team.

no pun intended
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire

1) Stop getting injured.

2) Learn to consistently shoot a mid-range jumpshot again. You used to be good at them.

3) Ever since you came to NY, you seem to have put fashion before sports. Stop that.

KingLeBronJames
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
LeBron James:

1. Quit on the Cavaliers
2. Horrible free throw shooter. Probably it's his only weakness right now to become the greatest and most dominant player ever.
3. No killer instinct.

Asiantastic
12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Kobe

1. Forces shots and doesn't know when to stop shooting.

2. Gambles on defense.

3. Comes off as an arrogant player nowadays.

ihoopallday
12-10-2012, 03:39 PM
LeBron:

Huge Ego
The decision/preseason celebration
Choked in 2011

atljonesbro
12-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Jeff Teague:
1. He looks like an alien
2. His jumper doesn't look very smooth
3. He reminds me a mouse running full speed when he hits full speed on a fastbreak

LBJ 23
12-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Lebron:

Game 5 against Boston

2011 Finals

Settles for jumpers too much instead of attacking the rim while he's still pretty unstoppable

Spaulding
12-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Not my favorite but still liked.

Wade

Coasts way too much during season games.
Is not trying to turn his game into a jump shot, instead tries to drive the lane too much for his health/age.
Looks for a foul on every defensive play put on him.

albas89
12-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Paul Pierce

- He's a drama queen: flailing arms trying to draw fouls all the time, and of course Game 1 of the 2008 Finals...smh
- Too much hero ball when the game is on the line.
- Lately has become a turnover waiting to happen.

EnoughSaid
12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Wade:

- Sometimes is lazy on defense and complains to the refs frequently.

- Just took a backseat to LeBron in stead of continuing with the 1A/1B routine.

- Injury-prone throughout career.

Shade8780
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Rajon Rondo

- Can't shoot
- Passes up open layups sometimes for an assist
- Terrible free throw shooter for his position

AirTupac
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Wade:

- He's just terrible in every aspect of the game
- He's a terrible human being
- I dont know why I'm his fan.

But seriously

Kobe

1) More so last season, I always hate it when he goes into "Im taking over mode" especially when he has great teamates, sometimes its necessary but other times I just yell at my TV .

2) His defense this season has been subpar... leaving his man wide open at times

3) His turnovers are annoying as hell, mostly because he's the playmaker since Nash is out.

IamRAMBO24
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Kobe

1. Forces shots and doesn't know when to stop shooting.

2. Gambles on defense.

3. Comes off as an arrogant player nowadays.

Thank you.

This is prob the first time in the history of this forum I have heard a Kobe fan finally say this.

Money 23
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
MJ

- Waisted 2 years of his peak / prime on a pro baseball experiment
- The Wizard Years
- Atrocious GM, with a now horrendous "I don't give a eff" fashion sense

konex
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobe

- Complains instead of getting back on D when refs don't call a foul
- Turns it over forcing passes that aren't there
- Dares 3pt shooters to make 3s while roaming instead of staying on his man

TylerOO
12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Kobe

- Complains instead of getting back on D when refs don't call a foul
- Turns it over forcing passes that aren't there
- Dares 3pt shooters to make 3s while roaming instead of staying on his man

Sounds like Wade too.

Deuce Bigalow
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
chuck
rape
snitch

Zodiac
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Teague

-Lackadasical at times
-not much of a mid-range
-streaky

Jolokia
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Wade

1. Announcing how his life/family became bigger than basketball. Why bro? Keep it to yourself and keep your fans happy. Just by saying this, we all assume you aren't 100% all-in on the court even though it's great that your priorities are straight.

2. He disrupts the flow of the offense by trying to draw fouls too often. Catch the ball and drain that jumper you are capable of.

3. Lazy. Doesn't go hard all the time. Even if he practices every day, he'd still be inconsistent unless he goes hard in practice all the time.

Toizumi
12-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Pip is my all time favorite, but I

ripthekik
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
my man Lebron

1) chokes in clutch time and in many series such as Finals 2011
2) cannot lead own team to win, not competitive, must join up to create stacked superteam
3) can only take last shot if tied or leading in the final seconds. if behind, will either brick shot or pass to ray.

Rake2204
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Wade

1. Announcing how his life/family became bigger than basketball. Why bro? Keep it to yourself and keep your fans happy. Just by saying this, we all assume you aren't 100% all-in on the court even though it's great that your priorities are straight.I'm not always tuned into Dwyane Wade's storylines, but if he did in fact declare his life/family to be more important than basketball, I'm not sure I'd declare that a criticism. Instead, I feel as though many would consider that a breath of fresh air. I mean, what would be weirder, someone saying their family was more important than basketball or the guy who came out and said, "Hey, I just want you guys to know, basketball means more to me than my first born child, so... "

And I understand maybe you just felt there wasn't a need for declaration either way, perhaps creating an ignorance is bliss type of deal where fans can maybe make themselves believe basketball is every player's full life, but I don't find such a suspension of belief necessary.

pauk
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Dont know about "favorite player" but the players games i enjoy watching the most are Lebron, Ray Allen, Durant, Rondo, Chris Paul, Deron, Rose, Nash, Kidd and Kobe has been fun to watch this season aswell and a couple of others....

There is really nothing bad i can say about them, i could have said something in the past about some of them but they have fixed or are fixing what annoyed me the most about their games or what i feel/felt they should improve upon... except for Lebron (his FT shooting this season :mad:)

Boston C's
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Ray Allen

:When he was actually a great player, settled for too many jumpers when he could have taken it to the rack

:The move to miami, understand why he did it but its still a shortcut to me

: Too disinterested in defense, and can't reiterate enough, he was an above average athlete that did not use it to his advantage as much as he should especially since how great of a shooter he was/is still (obviously not great athletically anymore)

Whoah10115
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Ray Allen

:When he was actually a great player, settled for too many jumpers when he could have taken it to the rack

: Too disinterested in defense, and can't reiterate enough, he was an above average athlete that did not use it to his advantage as much as he should especially since how great of a shooter he was/is still (obviously not great athletically anymore)

100% agree on the last point. How can a guy who's so dedicated, disciplined, and hard-working EVER improve his defense. Not even getting beat 1v1, but team defense and leaving guys open. That's annoying.

chips93
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
kyrie irving:

- his defense is still terrible. hes young, and most players dont give a shit on that end, especially i they are gonna play regardless of their defense, but irving is just awful at times on that end.

- his passing is still pretty pedestrian. he can make a nice pass here and there, but it feels like its mostly when he cant get a shot off. hes definitely thinking shot first. not too big of an issue right now, but when we get more reliable scoring options, he will have to adjust

- i know people love the uncle drew thing, but i find he pretty contrived, as a 'celebrity'. like the harrison barnes effect, hes too polished, and doesnt seem very genuine. sure its better than a thuggish kinda dude, but it gets annoying, all the shallow dull things he says.

La Frescobaldi
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Nicola Pekovic

Has a smooth jumper that he doesn't use.

Completely shut down Varejao.... But yet peewee Gee gets like 6 dunks in half court set - no weakling guard should touch our rim

doesn't aggressively destroy in 4th Q like he can and should.

Alltime favorite?
Walt Frazier.
weaknesses.....

uhh.

KayHaven
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Ray Allen

1.has seemingly lost ability to dribble with left hand after 2007 season

2.does not take advantage of smaller defenders and post them up

3. Never demanded to go to a big market...let his best years wither away in Milwaukee and Seattle.

PyrrhusX
12-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Russell Westbrook
1. Likes to go hero mode with the defence draped all over him.
2. Will sometimes like to chuck not one, not two, not three, maybe 4 bricks in a row before he realizes that Durant is on his team.
3. Sometimes has questionable fashion decisions.

Boston C's
12-10-2012, 05:58 PM
100% agree on the last point. How can a guy who's so dedicated, disciplined, and hard-working EVER improve his defense. Not even getting beat 1v1, but team defense and leaving guys open. That's annoying.

i dont get it...it can be infuriating sometimes

Bigsmoke
12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I'll start:

Lebron

1. Took a shortcut by going to Miami.
2. Does not have the offensive finesse of Kobe.
3. Can't seem to beast it up and pull off a 60+ type of game.

to me, my biggest :wtf: thing about LeBron was the number change. How are u going to honor Michael Jordan and tell everybody to NOT wear #23 but then switch to #6... Dr.J's and Bill Russell's jersey number.

very stupid and disrespectful shit right there

BuffaloBill
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Manu Ginobili

1. Old as fxck, always injured
2. Flopper
3. Bald spot (I like the bald spot but I couldn't think of anything else)

KayHaven
12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Ray Allen

Gotta disagree on the disinterest in defense...maybe before boston...but post Boston he's been all effort..its just he's not ABLE to...had he given this effort in his early years he might have been an overall beast

fos
12-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Dirk

1. Doesn't shoot enough
2. His rebounding has dropped each year like every year since forever.
3. Not a great passer.
4. I know you said 3, but whatever. Sometimes too sexy?

Graviton
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Derrick Rose

1) Likes to chuck 3s on the fastbreak
2) Bricks free throws in the clutch
3) Never calls out his teammates even when they play like shit.

Boston C's
12-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Gotta disagree on the disinterest in defense...maybe before boston...but post Boston he's been all effort..its just he's not ABLE to...had he given this effort in his early years he might have been an overall beast

yea your right i meant before boston...k.g def changed the culture in boston as even pierce was sometimes disinterested pre big 3...k.g came in and changed everything

ray was an beast on the offensive end in his prime...wish he could have been an elite defender as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjM_DH_WBZE

forget rays scoring highlights...the end of the video in clutch time dude was marking freakin k.g... thats amazing lol

millwad
12-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon

1. He changed his name from "Akeem" to "Hakeem".
2. His english was terrible, his nigerian accent destroyed his english completely.
3. He's black.

pauk
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
to me, my biggest :wtf: thing about LeBron was the number change. How are u going to honor Michael Jordan and tell everybody to NOT wear #23 but then switch to #6... Dr.J's and Bill Russell's jersey number.

very stupid and disrespectful shit right there

Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time.... and by far the biggest icon & pioneer of the sport globally.. and not just basketball but arguably SPORTS in general... and not just sports but arguably one of the most known humans in humans histor... that will never be surpassed.... he is MUCH bigger than anybody, you can go anywhere in the world and ask any random sane person young or old if they ever heard about Michael Jordan and you by majority will get "Yes" or "Are you kidding me?"... Russell is up there on the top 10 as far as accolades go, but meh... and Dr. J? Lebron has already surpassed him...

ErhnamDjinn
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Jason Kidd

-wife beater
- has what i believe to be a alcohol problem
- wished he developed the mid range / 3 earlier in his career

Purch
12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time and by far the biggest icon & pioneer of the sport (that will never be surpassed), globally.... he is MUCH bigger than anybody, you can go anywhere in the world and ask any random sane person young or old if they ever heard about Michael Jordan and you by majority will get "Yes" or "Are you kidding me?"... Russell is up there on the top 10 as far as accolades go, but meh... and Dr. J? Lebron has already surpassed him...
If Mj deserves to have his number not used for being the Icon, than clearly Russell deserves to have his number not used for being the greatest winner of all time.

Why does it seem everytime you defend Lebron you try to discredit other players:confusedshrug:

IamRAMBO24
12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon

1. He changed his name from "Akeem" to "Hakeem".
2. His english was terrible, his nigerian accent destroyed his english completely.
3. He's black.

:facepalm

nightprowler10
12-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Derrick Rose

1) Likes to chuck 3s on the fastbreak
2) Bricks free throws in the clutch
3) Never calls out his teammates even when they play like shit.
Yeah this is pretty good for me. His FTs have definitely cost him big games, starting with his big game for Memphis. I remember when he missed those 2 crucial FTs against the Clippers in his MVP year and lost the game, he made like 75 consecutive FTs following that. It makes me feel that he really over thinks it and screws himself up. Just build a routine and get it out of your head ffs.

alenleomessi
12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
lebron has been done so ill do blake ( 2nd favorite player )

1. flops and whines for no reason ( thankfully this season not as much as last )
2. plays subpar defense ( yeah i know he has short hands, but for a man as athletic and conditioned as him he should at least be a little bit over an average defender)
3. free throws ( i cringe when blake shoots a ft )

rmt
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Tim Duncan:

1. Never committed a foul in his life - what's with the googly-eyes?
2. Chokes at the free-throw line
3. Whines and complains to the refs

fpliii
12-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time.... and by far the biggest icon & pioneer of the sport globally.. and not just basketball but arguably SPORTS in general... and not just sports but arguably one of the most known humans in humans histor... that will never be surpassed.... he is MUCH bigger than anybody, you can go anywhere in the world and ask any random sane person young or old if they ever heard about Michael Jordan and you by majority will get "Yes" or "Are you kidding me?"... Russell is up there on the top 10 as far as accolades go, but meh... and Dr. J? Lebron has already surpassed him...

Young X
12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
CP3:

- WAAAAY to passive, SMH at taking 3 shots in one half :facepalm
- Horrible at contesting shots
- Is a huge flopper

pauk
12-10-2012, 07:20 PM
If Mj deserves to have his number not used for being the Icon than clearly Russell deserves to have his number not used for being the greatest winner of all time.

MJ is MUCH bigger to Tellus than anybody who ever got his jersey retired... thats my point... he deserves to have his jersey retired and raised up in every home around the world and daily bowed downed to :P

...as far as Bill Russell being the greatest winner of all time, hm... he was a player who was nowhere even close to be the most talented/skilled player of all time (not even near top 10, not in my list) who played in arguably the most stacked team in NBA history in a era with only 8 teams.... He is the greatest winner of all time technically speaking (well yea he has 11 rings, woohoo), but not if you go by context compared to other players, especially not when compared to Jordan...

Greatest winner means the player who managed with his talent/skill/productions/intangibles to inflict the most impact/success based on what he had to work with around him and based on the competition he faced..... for example:

Who is the greater winner down here?

Player A: Is maybe the most talented/skilled player to ever lace up a pair of shoes, goes to the Finals by averaging a 50 point quadruple double carrying the biggest scrub all 4 foot teammates and loses.... in a Game 7.....

Player B: Is not the most talented/skilled player in the NBA, but wins a championship over Player A above in the Finals as he had the most stacked team ever....

Rings (which are team accomplishments) are kindof overrated that way.... Its the CONTEXT that matters... Just because Russell has more rings than Jordan doesnt mean he was a greater winner, because if you go by the context of how Jordan went about to have his success and how dominant he was with less to work with around him than Russell (and more competition) you will quickly find out its actually Jordan who was the greater winner........

Why does it seem everytime you defend Lebron you try to discredit other players:confusedshrug:

Not trying to defend Lebron, but trying to defend logic and reason, just trying to be more understanding....... I dont think Lebron was meaning to be disrespectful to Russell, hell there are many many many many more who wore #6..... but, you know.... its freakin Michael Jordan... who also was a guy he idolised since he was nothing but just a conception, like many else... including me...

B-hoop
12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Dont know about "favorite player" but the players games i enjoy watching the most are Lebron, Ray Allen, Durant, Rondo, Chris Paul, Deron, Rose, Nash, Kidd and Kobe has been fun to watch this season aswell and a couple of others....

There is really nothing bad i can say about them, i could have said something in the past about some of them but they have fixed or are fixing what annoyed me the most about their games or what i feel/felt they should improve upon... except for Lebron (his FT shooting this season :mad:)

:biggums:

pauk
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Unfortunately in its entity all in all Russell indeed was more "meh'ish" compared to Jordan.... anybody was...

pauk
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
:biggums:

Did i miss something?

derb2k2
12-10-2012, 07:47 PM
WADE:

-looks for fouls instead of shot
-whines too much
-mid-range sucks

other than that, he's the greatest :D

Asukal
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Jordan

- is a douchebag.
- is fat and ugly now.
- has a terrible fashion sense.

:cheers:

SyRyanYang
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Kobe
-Ballhog
-thinks he's cool
-thinks he's dat boss

Whoah10115
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Nicola Pekovic

Has a smooth jumper that he doesn't use.

Completely shut down Varejao.... But yet peewee Gee gets like 6 dunks in half court set - no weakling guard should touch our rim

doesn't aggressively destroy in 4th Q like he can and should.

Alltime favorite?
Walt Frazier.
weaknesses.....

uhh.

Did not know Frazier was #1. A Knick is #1 in something, finally.

On Pekovic, your complaint should be his shot-blocking...you hinted at it but he just needs to block more shots...and also, for such a good rebounder, he doesn't always get as many as he should. Let me see more, especially on the offensive glass.

upside24
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Tim Duncan:

1. Never committed a foul in his life - what's with the googly-eyes?
2. Chokes at the free-throw line
3. Whines and complains to the refs
Always good for a laugh.

1. Terrible decision making at times.
2. Too many heat-check threes after a hot streak of 1 made three.
3. Settles for contested jumpers too often.

Guess who my guy is.

twintowers
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
LeBron James:

1. Quit on the Cavaliers
2. Horrible free throw shooter. Probably it's his only weakness right now to become the greatest and most dominant player ever.
3. No killer instinct.

:confusedshrug:

RazorBaLade
12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
kobe

1. makes up his mind that hes gonna shoot no matter what on this play too often. Its annoying when something in the defense obviously changes but he already had decided to shoot so he doesnt give someone an open 3.

2. gets visibly upset on the court while playing and it hurts the team imo

3. cant dribble well anymore

Teanett
12-10-2012, 08:47 PM
amar'e:
-great on p'n'r but otherwise cluelesss
-cant stay healthy
-has all the tools to be a great defender but is clueless because of his limited bb-iq

:cry:

SpecialQue
12-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Pau Gasol

Has been downright atrocious on defense as of late.

Has a ridiculous pass-first mentality, even when he can clearly take it to the hole.

Doesn't have a competitive fire anymore, at least on the Lakers. Seems to absolutely hate being on this team.

La Frescobaldi
12-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Did not know Frazier was #1. A Knick is #1 in something, finally.

On Pekovic, your complaint should be his shot-blocking...you hinted at it but he just needs to block more shots...and also, for such a good rebounder, he doesn't always get as many as he should. Let me see more, especially on the offensive glass.

Anybody that don't have Clyde in their all-time top 5 guards doesn't know his game. Which is true sadness of the world that he would EVER be forgot.
That dude was silk. Frazier had no flaws. None at all.

Him and Earl the Pearl had epic battles and Monroe won his share such a slick huckster he could trick anybody right out of their sneaks. But Frazier was ALWAYS better to me. Him & Willis on the Knicks oh man those teams was BAD. AWFUL. Walt Frazier and P Jax showed up at about the same time and they sat the bench but you could just see that future. Well PJ got busted up and he never was what could have been, same as Willis. Reed had problems with his knees. had problems with his shins. He had a bad hip. Willis is so forgot man it's crazy. Straight up if Willis Reed was playing today he'd be flat the best center in the NBA.

We saw those guys play in the schoolyards man, Connie Hawkins, Pearl, Wilt, just a whole lot of them. Billy C sometimes. You would just hear they would be in Manhattan or Philly and Saturday afternoon there it was. DeBusschere too showed up in somebody's VW van and just bombed about 4 in a row from the half court corner then jumped back into that van and speed off. Didn't need to say any more!! Crazy stuff and little teenager punks from the sticks we had no idea what we were seeing.

You know they called him Clyde to begin with because the movie with Faye Dunnaway and Warren Beatty came out just about as he hit the pros.
But it didn't take long for all of us to know that name was a perfect fit for Frazier............. that thief.

Shoot. At his best Walt Frazier was better than the Logo himself.

Game 7 of 1970 NBA Finals is the best performance by any player I've ever seen and that includes all of them. Including Wilt in '67, Havlicek in '69, Wilt in '72... Walton... Magic & Bird, Isiah Thomas & Jordan... all of the Finals performances I ever saw, Walt Frazier did it best. Like liquid fire.

Saw it on ABC Sports broadcast on tape delay and to this day I will never forget it. The announcer voice was off from the video by whole seconds. That is what they call the Willis Reed game but you know what that was?

That was Walt Frazier just glorious from beyond.

yeah that was something. Walt Frazier

IamRAMBO24
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Anybody that don't have Clyde in their all-time top 5 guards doesn't know his game. Which is true sadness of the world that he would EVER be forgot.

Him and Earl the Pearl had epic battles and Monroe won his share such a slick huckster he could trick anybody right out of their sneaks. But Frazier was ALWAYS better to me. Him & Willis on the Knicks oh man those teams was BAD. AWFUL. Walt Frazier and P Jax showed up at about the same time and they sat the bench but you could just see that future. Well PJ got busted up and he never was what could have been, same as Willis. Reed had problems with his knees. had problems with his shins. He had a bad hip. Willis is so forgot man it's crazy. Straight up if Willis Reed was playing today he'd be flat the best center in the NBA.

We saw those guys play in the schoolyards man, Connie Hawkins, Pearl, Wilt, just a whole lot of them. Billy C sometimes. You would just hear they would be in Manhattan or Philly and Saturday afternoon there it was. DeBusschere too showed up in somebody's VW van and just bombed about 4 in a row from the half court corner then jumped back into that van and speed off. Didn't need to say any more!! Crazy stuff and little teenager punks from the sticks we had no idea what we were seeing.

You know they called him Clyde to begin with because the movie with Faye Dunnaway and Warren Beatty came out just about as he hit the pros.
But it didn't take long for all of us to know that name was a perfect fit for Frazier............. that thief.

Game 7 of 1970 NBA Finals is the best performance by any player I've ever seen and that includes all of them. Including Wilt in '67, Havlicek in '69, Wilt in '72... Walton... Magic & Bird, Isiah Thomas & Jordan... all of the Finals performances I ever saw, Walt Frazier did it best. Like liquid fire.

Saw it on ABC Sports broadcast on tape delay and to this day I will never forget it. The announcer voice was off from the video by whole seconds. That is what they call the Willis Reed game but you know what that was?

Nice story.

Whoah10115
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM

I tried to rep but I gotta wait before I can rep you again...I should watch more of him. I like his game a lot, as he was just so all-around. I owe him some more attention for you..and I did not know about the Bonnie And Clyde thing (best film of the 60's).

But wow...Frazier over West :eek:

I'm trying to imagine DeBusschere coming out and going back into a fan...sounds like a hippie lol.

BuffaloBill
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Always good for a laugh.

1. Terrible decision making at times.
2. Too many heat-check threes after a hot streak of 1 made three.
3. Settles for contested jumpers too often.

Guess who my guy is.

Gary Neal?

BEAST Griffin
12-10-2012, 09:51 PM
- Builds a brick house at the free throw line
- Has no soul and no regard for human life
- Has Tyrannosaurus Rex arms

scandisk_
12-10-2012, 10:09 PM
MJ

1. One of the biggest a-holes and d-bags of all time. His killer mentality might rub you the wrong way.

2. Prolly one of the worst GMs today/all-time. Unlike Jerry West, he's too stubborn and always does it his way. Being too critical of how the games is played today doesn't help either.

3. http://www.krackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mjordan-gj-miami480.jpg

:lol :lol

LA Lakers
12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Magic
1. HIV
2.HIV
3.HIV/ Weak man to man D.

imdaman99
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Westbrook

-too hot headed

-shot selection

-should become better leader since it's obvious he is the fire of the team

fpliii
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately in its entity all in all Russell indeed was more "meh'ish" compared to Jordan.... anybody was...

Both have a case for GOAT, as does Magic IMO. Some others might feel Wilt, Bird, Kareem can be argued there as well.

...as far as Bill Russell being the greatest winner of all time, hm... he was a player who was nowhere even close to be the most talented/skilled player of all time (not even near top 10, not in my list) who played in arguably the most stacked team in NBA history in a era with only 8 teams.... He is the greatest winner of all time technically speaking (well yea he has 11 rings, woohoo), but not if you go by context compared to other players, especially not when compared to Jordan...

Greatest winner means the player who managed with his talent/skill/productions/intangibles to inflict the most impact/success based on what he had to work with around him and based on the competition he faced..... for example:

Who is the greater winner down here?

Player A: Is maybe the most talented/skilled player to ever lace up a pair of shoes, goes to the Finals by averaging a 50 point quadruple double carrying the biggest scrub all 4 foot teammates and loses.... in a Game 7.....

Player B: Is not the most talented/skilled player in the NBA, but wins a championship over Player A above in the Finals as he had the most stacked team ever....

Rings (which are team accomplishments) are kindof overrated that way.... Its the CONTEXT that matters... Just because Russell has more rings than Jordan doesnt mean he was a greater winner, because if you go by the context of how Jordan went about to have his success and how dominant he was with less to work with around him than Russell (and more competition) you will quickly find out its actually Jordan who was the greater winner........

You know, I'm really disappointed in this response. I'm not into ignore lists, but posts like these almost make me consider using them. You know a bit about certain eras, but trying to pass off opinion as fact based largely on speculation and incomplete knowledge of a certain period is rather unfortunate.

wagexslave
12-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Hmm... favorite player on the Suns right now?

Goran Dragic:

1) He doesn't look to score enough, especially in clutch time where he's the only player on the court that's anywhere near being a "go-to guy/franchise player", but I think this is Alvin Gentry's fault as well

2) Hasn't quite developed the role of "leader" yet, at least vocally

3) Like Steve Nash, he often tries too hard to aimlessly dribble the ball down the baseline getting himself caught in "no man's land" underneath the hoop, often getting forced by defenders to step out of bounds, or having to force a really tough pass.... that crap annoys me. It annoyed me so much with Steve Nash, and Dragic learned too much from his master. lol

thefatmiral
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Timmy D-

tries to draw the foul too much
doesn't shoot enough 3's
weird shooting form.

wagexslave
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
amar'e:
-great on p'n'r but otherwise cluelesss
-cant stay healthy
-has all the tools to be a great defender but is clueless because of his limited bb-iq

:cry:
I miss healthy Amare. He used to be my favorite player when he was on the Suns, despite having his obvious weaknesses at defense and rebounding, and health for that matter. He was just so much fun to watch on offense. And his dunks were amazing... such powerful posterizations. I think people forget how exciting he was. Remember the dunk on Tolliver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onpuTShm_Nc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onpuTShm_Nc)

He was just automatic on offense... nobody could stop him. A lot of people feel like Blake Griffin is the new Amare with all of the facials and stuff, but really Amare was a lot more talented on offense than Griffin. Better jump shooter, better FT shooter, better face-up offensive ability, etc.

TeamLAC
12-11-2012, 01:42 AM
flops
doesnt score as much as we need him to
...?