His court vision among PGs is top 10.

/fact

MontaEllis24
11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
jeremy lin drinks cobra venom before playing
/fact

Micku
11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
jeremy lin shot one 3 and it counted for 100 points.

/fact

Dictator
11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I been noticed too. Great passer but other than that he sucks. His court vision is definitely top 10. For now.

MontaEllis24
11-27-2012, 10:43 PM
jeremy lin once wrestled a bear the bear was called for a foul
/fact

KungFuJoe
11-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, his court vision is his saving grace right now because his shooting and overall impact has been "so so". But, he is one of those guys that can control the game without scoring a point. But I would definitely say he is one of the top guys in terms of seeing the floor. He makes passes to guys that I didn't even notice were open and I have the benefit of camera angles.

DMV2
11-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I been noticed too. Great passer but other than that he sucks. His court vision is definitely top 10. For now.
He's a pretty good loose ball rebounder for a PG.

He's a decent at post-up defense but terrible against face-to-basket offense. He's also pretty good with double team defense.

The only that "sucks" for him right now is his scoring, shooting and passiveness on scoring.

Still not sure why he's not aggressive on the offensive end in terms of scoring. Even on a night where he started off 3/4, including a 3-pointer, he refuses to take more than 10 FGA.

HoopDreams247
11-27-2012, 10:48 PM

I wouldn't say he sucks. I'd say his performance so far has been sucky. But he's been playing well the past few games.

DuMa
11-27-2012, 10:50 PM
its because he sees in HD. everyone else sees in SD

cotdt
11-27-2012, 10:55 PM
he's still recovering from injury

Micku
11-27-2012, 11:03 PM
He's a pretty good loose ball rebounder for a PG.

He's a decent at post-up defense but terrible against face-to-basket offense. He's also pretty good with double team defense.

The only that "sucks" for him right now is his scoring, shooting and passiveness on scoring.

Still not sure why he's not aggressive on the offensive end in terms of scoring. Even on a night where he started off 3/4, including a 3-pointer, he refuses to take more than 10 FGA.

Probably coaching, lack of confidence, and he has Harden on his team. Lately he has been playing solid.

And, he has quick hands. He's good at getting steals.

IGOTGAME
11-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Nash
Paul
Deron
Kidd
Andre Miller
Rubio
Rondo
Calderon
Conley
Kyle Lowry

10 pgs with better vision than Jeremy. There are also many more players with just as good or better vision.

HoopDreams247
11-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Linsanity with the steal+dunk!!!!!

He jumped from pretty far out too.

KungFuJoe
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Nash
Paul
Deron
Kidd
Andre Miller
Rubio
Rondo
Calderon
Conley
Kyle Lowry

10 pgs with better vision than Jeremy. There are also many more players with just as good or better vision.

In terms of court vision I would put Lin ahead of Deron, Miller, Calderon, Conley and Lowry.

HoopDreams247
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Nash
Paul
Deron
Kidd
Andre Miller
Rubio
Rondo
Calderon
Conley
Kyle Lowry

You're a proven Lin hater. Fly a kite.

IGOTGAME
11-27-2012, 11:13 PM
In terms of court vision I would put Lin ahead of Deron, Miller, Calderon, Conley and Lowry.

that is just silly. Deron is top tier level when it comes to vision. Lin isn't even in the same ball park.

this whole thing is silly.

You're a proven Lin hater. Fly a kite.

from the beginning I said he was Ramon Sessions, I stand by that.

inclinerator
11-27-2012, 11:16 PM
i think his court vision is higher than his passing skills

DMV2
11-27-2012, 11:17 PM
16 points on 7/9 shooting tonight. Could have had more than 10 assists if of the lay-ups went in for his teammates. 4 boards and 3 steals to add. Only 3 TO's.

Based on the games I've seen, he's trying to be a facilitator first than a scorer. More importantly, he's really trying to control his game instead speeding outta control like he was last year.

noob cake
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM

This. Deron, Lowry and Conley are better players but Lin vision is very good.

TheAesirsFinest
11-27-2012, 11:27 PM
he's still recovering from injury

Not anymore. He dunked it for the first time this season today.

eazyduzzit10
11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
SMH at people saying his court vision's better than Deron Williams...D-Will has been carving it up for years, disrespectful

selrahc
11-27-2012, 11:56 PM
i didnt think japanese could have good court vision :confusedshrug:

phoenix_bladen
11-28-2012, 12:05 AM

He's not Japanese u idiot :facepalm

Beatlezz
11-28-2012, 12:08 AM

He's Indonesian

Money 23
11-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Agreed.

Maybe not ahead of Deron, but absolutely over the others.

He sees the floor well, but his passing skill isn't on the level of his vision.

selrahc
11-28-2012, 12:23 AM

He's Indonesian

LOL thats basically the same thing

Klazart
11-28-2012, 12:30 AM
If Lin had the same amount of ball usage and freedom as he had under D'Antoni, he could easily have put up linsanity numbers tonight.

But the greatest thing about Lin is that he is a humble, team first player. With harden and parson's scoring he can focus on running the team and getting hockey assists as well as defending.

Of course box score watchers don't notice this kind of stuff, but I'm sure his team mates do.

Reverend Hoops
11-28-2012, 12:32 AM
LOL thats basically the same thing
:facepalm

KungFuJoe
11-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Agreed.

Maybe not ahead of Deron, but absolutely over the others.

He sees the floor well, but his passing skill isn't on the level of his vision.

I think his passing skills are elite. Look at how well he threads the needle or gets the ball in the exact right spot. There was a play tonight where Asik was on the post and spun towards baseline and Lin dropped it just over the defender perfectly for Asik to get the lay up on the other side. That stuff is what makes Lin an elite passer.

His vision and passing skills are elite...his decision making sometimes could be better and he needs to work on getting HIMSELF in better position.

Cali Syndicate
11-28-2012, 01:44 AM
16 points on 7/9 shooting tonight. Could have had more than 10 assists if of the lay-ups went in for his teammates. 4 boards and 3 steals to add. Only 3 TO's.

Based on the games I've seen, he's trying to be a facilitator first than a scorer. More importantly, he's really trying to control his game instead speeding outta control like he was last year.

D'Antoni's system encourages that crazy uptempo style. His system also spreads the floor with shooters everywhere which opens up lanes especially on the wings in transition. Lin isn't a great slasher so without that spacing its much harder to do what he was doing as a Knick.

I agree that he's trying to control his game though. I think he's understanding his role more and more as the season is progressing.

TheBigVeto
11-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Lin is better than Kobe.

Sinox
11-28-2012, 05:11 AM

He's Indonesian

Do you guys think Asia is all the same?

His parents are from Taiwan. There are 48-50+ countries in Asia and they are not all the same..

Shepseskaf
11-28-2012, 06:04 AM
This is what makes people dislike hearing about Lin. He's been putrid all season, then when he puts a couple of decent games together, all of a sudden threads start appearing like this.

Can he actually play more games, and show more consistency, before people start making claims about "elite" skills?

Klazart
11-28-2012, 07:05 AM
This is what makes people dislike hearing about Lin. He's been putrid all season, then when he puts a couple of decent games together, all of a sudden threads start appearing like this.

Can he actually play more games, and show more consistency, before people start making claims about "elite" skills?

Except if you actually watched him play this season you'd realise that the passing and vision isn't something new that has just appeared in the last two games, he's been doing it pretty much since game one barring the 4-6 game stretch where he was not handling the ball at all while the team adjusted their offensive style.

He has also significantly improved his transition play since last season where he hardly ever turns over the ball in transition now, whereas this was something he did do from time to time in trying to make the hero pass with the knicks.

The only difference in the last two games is that his shot has been falling. Other than that the rest of his play, passing, vision, rebounding, defending and steals has been there all season long. But it's still a very small sample size, either to laud or to damn him.

But you're going to hate no matter what anyway.

Shepseskaf
11-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Except if you actually watched him play this season you'd realise that the passing and vision isn't something new that has just appeared in the last two games, he's been doing it pretty much since game one barring the 4-6 game stretch where he was not handling the ball at all while the team adjusted their offensive style.

He has also significantly improved his transition play since last season where he hardly ever turns over the ball in transition now, whereas this was something he did do from time to time in trying to make the hero pass with the knicks.

The only difference in the last two games is that his shot has been falling. Other than that the rest of his play, passing, vision, rebounding, defending and steals has been there all season long. But it's still a very small sample size, either to laud or to damn him.

But you're going to hate no matter what anyway.
I don't "hate" anyone, I dislike hype.

He's been bad for most of the season, so let's see more good games before undue praise is given.

Klazart
11-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't "hate" anyone, I dislike hype.

He's been bad for most of the season, so let's see more good games before undue praise is given.

Except that in regards to the specific topic of his passing ability and court vision he has been very good, which you would know if you bothered to actually watch him play.

I don't know why I wasted my time writing out a detailed reply to a hater like you in the first place. I guess maybe because someone who is objective might read it and your erroneous statements will be noted as such by said observers.

andremiller07
11-28-2012, 07:24 AM

LOL over Lowry MAYBE but Deron and Miller NOT EVEN CLOSE Calderon and Conley hes below but not via landslide and Lowry maybe because Lowry is a more attacking/ defensie type PG

Shepseskaf
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Except that in regards to the specific topic of his passing ability and court vision he has been very good, which you would know if you bothered to actually watch him play.

I don't know why I wasted my time writing out a detailed reply to a hater like you in the first place. I guess maybe because someone who is objective might read it and your erroneous statements will be noted as such by said observers.
Feel free not to "waste your time" responding to any of my posts in the future. Your fanboyism is annoying, and does nothing but add to the general dislike of Lin threads on the board.

As a starting point guard, Lin is supposed to display good court vision and awareness. Has he developed this to the point where he can be considered "elite"? No.

Time will tell if that will happen.

ripthekik
11-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Coming from someone doing the exact same thing, where he plays 1 bad game and you make a ton of posts calling him out for it :rolleyes:

Toizumi
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
I have been surprised by his court vision and passing so far. His 6.4 APG isn't outstanding and his decisionmaking isn't that great, but he sees openings and has really thrown some nice passes this season. He sees cutters and has good timing on his passes. I wouldn't call it elite, but it has been great, unlike other aspects of his game.

niko
11-28-2012, 09:48 AM
A thread like this is a backhanded compliment. It basically is saying "too bad the rest of his game sucks". Note there is no "Deron has great court vision" thread because Deron has great everything. There is no need.

Shepseskaf
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Coming from someone doing the exact same thing, where he plays 1 bad game and you make a ton of posts calling him out for it :rolleyes:
I have consistently tried to put Lin's performance in the context of not only this year, but last season as well -- and have even made reference back to his rookie year.

I've noted when he's had bad games, but so have a bunch of other people. When its bad, its just bad and worth commenting on. Shooting in the mid-30% range is beyond pathetic for a starting NBA guard.

So, it isn't true to say that I've called him out after "one bad game".

1rkrage
11-28-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lf9NxCosQG4

ILLsmak
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
A thread like this is a backhanded compliment. It basically is saying "too bad the rest of his game sucks". Note there is no "Deron has great court vision" thread because Deron has great everything. There is no need.

Among those great things is better court vision than Lin. I like Lin but c'mon now. Court Vision is more than passing, anyway. It's understand everything that is happening and having an intuition as for what will happen next.

-Smak

FKAri
11-28-2012, 01:21 PM

:lol

BlitzForce
11-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Deron has a great body - maybe Homo :yaohappy:

HoopDreams247
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
yup, pretty much

CavaliersFTW
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
jeremy lin only plays while high on bath salts

/fact

selrahc
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Do you guys think Asia is all the same?

His parents are from Taiwan. There are 48-50+ countries in Asia and they are not all the same..

asia is one country, so yes they are all the same

HoopDreams247
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM

You racist?

Killbot
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM

You should use a better word instead of country

DMV2
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Lin's last 4 games

24-for-42(57%) including 3-for7 from 3's
13.5 PPG, 7.3 AST, 4.3 REB, 2.3 STL, 3 TO
3-1 in Win-Loss column.

not too bad.

jawkam
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM

you're a disgrace to mankind :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Lin's last 4 games

3-1 in Win-Loss column.

not too bad.

Apart from that win against Raptors, the other three teams all had winning records.
:applause:

HoopDreams247
12-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Lin's last 4 games

3-1 in Win-Loss column.

not too bad.

BalLin!

Hopefully he can finish the season with 13/3/7 ast on 45%+

Beebo
12-01-2012, 11:37 PM
You racist?

I think he's just stupid.

DMV2
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
BalLin!

Hopefully he can finish the season with 13/3/7 ast on 45%+
I think he can average 4-4.5 RPG for the season because of the Rockets uptempo offense. There'll be a lot of opportunity because they shoot a lot, and he's a great loose-ball rebounder too.

HoopDreams247
12-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Bump

Is it just me or is Jeremy Lin getting underrated? Commentators always act super surprised whenever he has a good defensive play. Or even when he makes an amazing pass commentators brush it off like it's nothing. It's like people assume that whatever he does must be really easy.

millwad
12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Bump

Is it just me or is Jeremy Lin getting underrated? Commentators always act super surprised whenever he has a good defensive play. Or even when he makes an amazing pass commentators brush it off like it's nothing. It's like people assume that whatever he does must be really easy.

Yes, it's only you.

KungFuJoe
12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Bump

Only you. It seems like most commentators like Lin and are always complementing him.

I think his defense has much improved throughout the year. His TOs are definitely down. Honestly, his only negatives at this point are shooting percentage and being overly non aggressive at times.

BlitzForce
12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes he is underrated :p

millwad
12-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Only you. It seems like most commentators like Lin and are always complementing him.

I think his defense has much improved throughout the year. His TOs are definitely down. Honestly, his only negatives at this point are shooting percentage and being overly non aggressive at times.

This.

His defense is looking solid this season which was a surprise for me, if Lin steps up offensively a la making more of his shots while being more aggressive I think as well that he'll work it out.

HoopDreams247
12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Need I say more?

Mrofir
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
He's only getting better

01-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Lin may or may not be elite in court vision but the Rockets are doing better than the Suns.

Scola and Dragic were thought to be a mistake to let go. But with Omer Asik and Lin and Harden, it's like Scola and Dragic are obsolete. lol.

spiegel
01-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Lin makes some of the best pin point outlet passes in the league. I also like his bounce passes on the break as well.I'm also liking his on ball defence. He does get lost sometimes on picks, but generally he does he good job staying infront of his man off the dribble.

HoopDreams247
01-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Lin makes some of the best pin point outlet passes in the league. I also like his bounce passes on the break as well.I'm also liking his on ball defence. He does get lost sometimes on picks, but generally he does he good job staying infront of his man off the dribble.

Most def. His passes on fast breaks are godly. His only problem on D is he goes under screens too much or doesn't get around them quick enough. 1 on 1 he's fine, and his steals reflect how quick his hands are + his ability to play the passing lanes.

I just hope he develops a 3 pt shot cuz he gets too many open looks that he bricks.

spiegel
01-02-2013, 08:32 AM
The next level is to develop a reliable shot.

Whoah10115
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
His shot is solid. It will start going in.

Rekindled
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
His shot is solid. It will start going in.

wtf, he has the worst form of all guards maybe except tyreke evans. thats why so many of his outside shots dont even come close to going in.

KungFuJoe
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
wtf, he has the worst form of all guards maybe except tyreke evans. thats why so many of his outside shots dont even come close to going in.

Is his form THAT bad? I mean, yeah it's unorthodox, but his release is smooth, his shots are never flat, and when he makes them, it's a very satisfying swish.

I think he tends to bring his legs up a bit behind him affecting his center of gravity...but I just don't see anything glaringly bad in his form.

Perhaps someone can point something out I'm not seeing.

Some pretty good shooters in the NBA past and present have UGLY form.

KungFuJoe
01-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Has anyone done any shot analysis on Lin? I'm curious to see how his percentage is on jumpers inside the 3point line.