PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Plan to Propose Trade for Marcin Gortat

EoJ
11-23-2012, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE]According to Przeglad Sportowy, kingjamesgospel.com is reporting that the Celtics plan to offer a trade to Phoenix for center Marcin Gortat.

To acquire Gortat, the Celtics would likely have to move a combination of draft picks, Avery Bradley, and Fab Melo.

Since breaking onto the scene in the 2010-2011 season, Gortat has proven to be one of the leagues best all around centers. He consistently racks up double doubles, while leading the Suns defense.

If a trade goes through, expect to see him start at center for the C

All Net
11-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Why do Suns want to move him?

blablabla
11-23-2012, 05:00 PM
he's not happy as he feels that he isn't getting enough touches on O and his contract is expiring this summer

CelticBaller
11-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Everybody but Bradley :(

Mr. Incredible
11-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Just reaffirms the Celtics know they can't get past Miami

DuMa
11-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Suns dont do this. Gortat's gonna fetch a higher price tag than that.

CelticBaller
11-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Just reaffirms the Celtics know they can't get past Miami
No shit

bagelred
11-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Look for Suns to try to dump Channing Frye in any Gortat trade.

TonyD
11-23-2012, 05:19 PM

This.

Rekindled
11-23-2012, 05:26 PM

so you think the suns are just gonna trade their best player on a good contract for your scrubs on overpaid contracts?

Shade8780
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Not Bradley :no:

HylianNightmare
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
called it

Walker
11-23-2012, 06:06 PM
he's not happy as he feels that he isn't getting enough touches on O and his contract is expiring this summer
No it's not, his contract runs through next season....

Sarcastic
11-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Rondo then?

The Big Skinny
11-23-2012, 06:15 PM
"not bradley"

You guys serious?

He isn't anything special in the least bit.

Gortat would make that team better, not only just be an upgrade at the C

Him and KGs Hi low post game would be lethal, not to mention rondo at PG and PP at SG.

Not saying they must trade bradley, but he shouldn't be a reason that the FO doesn't pull the trigger on that trade

Sharmer
11-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Celtics definitely need more inside presence, the Sun's will want more.

longtime lurker
11-23-2012, 06:22 PM
What the hell do the Celtics have to offer the Suns? Especially if Bass isn't going in the trade.

Pushxx
11-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Gortat won't get more than 10 FGA with the Celtics, so if his chief complaint is touches, it won't improve that much.

swi7ch
11-23-2012, 06:24 PM

It's because Steve Nash made him. He helped him average 15PPG so imagine the scoring boost he'll do to Dwight! :eek:

Real Men Wear Green
11-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Because they'll have to pay him. They're cheap, that's how the Cs got Rondo. I'm not sure there's anything to this rumor but the Cs could use a rebounding big.

mentallooser
11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Gortat won't get more than 10 FGA with the Celtics, so if his chief complaint is touches, it won't improve that much.

Maybe he's ok with few touches if he has a chance of going far in the playoffs. On the Suns it isn't likely to happen, so he wants more touches.

InspiredLebowski
11-23-2012, 06:27 PM
kingjamesgospel.com is a source now? c'mon sports radio, get it together.

Sharmer
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM

If I was Gortat I wouldn't want this trade, Doc as been notoriously known for keeping good players on the bench, and limiting their touching.

HylianNightmare
11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
trade bass

hawkfan
11-23-2012, 06:41 PM
The Hawks could take on both Gortat and Frye and offer Harris (expirer), Morrow (expirer) and Petro (expirer).

Sharmer
11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
trade bass

Not enough bigs, they will have to look at their guards first.

ihatetimthomas
11-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I dont think the Celtics have anything worth dealing for the Suns to be willing to unload Gortat.

DStebb716
11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
they have nothing to offer really outside of bradley and that's not really compelling enough.

blablabla
11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
No it's not, his contract runs through next season....
yeah you are right

Cermet
11-23-2012, 07:19 PM
so you think the suns are just gonna trade their best player on a good contract for your scrubs on overpaid contracts?

Yes the suns are know to make the dumbest trades (also draft trades)

Rekindled
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes the suns are know to make the dumbest trades (also draft trades)

suns already traded draft right of Rondo to the celtics for cash, celtics should be grateful

Kews1
11-23-2012, 07:26 PM
If the Suns would trade Bradley + picks for Gortat i would do it, when your factor out his defense Bradley is nothing special and when PP & KG retire its doubtful that a core composed of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger will get anywhere close to a championship. The celtics need a decent big to put next to KG, we cant rebound and we cant score in the paint. I would start trading our bench and Bradley for the best players we can now and try to win right now and then when PP & KG retire trade Rondo, hel be around 30 by that time but should still get some value and start to rebuild, Rondo isnt good enough to win championships without KG or PP around let alone with Bradley and green as his new partners.

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Would rather keep Bradley.

Derka
11-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I wanna see actual pieces before I comment, not a source from a guy on a website.

If Avery Bradley's in the deal, I'm not especially torn up about it.

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-23-2012, 07:30 PM
"not bradley"

You guys serious?

He isn't anything special in the least bit.

Gortat would make that team better, not only just be an upgrade at the C

Him and KGs Hi low post game would be lethal, not to mention rondo at PG and PP at SG.

Not saying they must trade bradley, but he shouldn't be a reason that the FO doesn't pull the trigger on that trade
Bradley's easily a top 5 on ball defender in the league. The Celtics turned their season around last year when they inserted him into the starting line-up and moved KG to the 5. His offense has also improved leaps and bounds from his rookie year and he's still only 21 years old.

JohnnySic
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes.

Bradley is expendable with Terry/Lee/Barbosa around. C's fans need to stop overrating him. Sell high.

Papaya Petee
11-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Would rather keep Bradley.
You sir are an idiot. Gortat is one of the best defensive centers in the league and him and KG's high and low game along with their combined defense is legit. Bradley is a 11 PPG scorer who's a good defender, and that's about it.

Purch
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
I thought this Avery Bardley kid was a really good player, but C fans talk about him the same way Nuggets fans used to talk about how indispensable Aaron Afflao was. The way I see it, when you go into win now mode you can't go half way, if it means dealing a piece of your future so you can compete right now, you have to do it.

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-23-2012, 07:50 PM
You sir are an idiot. Gortat is one of the best defensive centers in the league and him and KG's high and low game along with their combined defense is legit. Bradley is a 11 PPG scorer who's a good defender, and that's about it.
:facepalm Please talk to me when you've seen Bradley play. :oldlol: @ describing Gortat as one of the best defenders while Bradley is only a "good" defender. He's easily one of the elite defenders in the league. Rondo (who goes up against him every day in practice) described him as the best on ball defender he's ever seen. And I'll take Bradley being an 11 ppg scorer at age 21 (and someone who's improved offensively leaps and bounds in one years time) over Gortat who is 28 and is an average offensive player with not much upside.

There's a reason Bradley replaced Ray Allen in the starting line-up and helped turn around the Celtics season. Gortat still doesn't get the Celtics to the Finals and we'd lose one of our best young players in the process. No f*cking thank you.

Rekindled
11-23-2012, 07:54 PM
pretty sure the celtics took heat to 7 games without bradley, i doubt he is the biggest reason for the turnaround.

bradley cannot create his own shot at all, when he played without rondo he was so lost.

gortat averaged 16 and 10 playing with nash last year, he would average around the same with Rondo. Gortat is also a very good shot blocker(leads the league in blocks this year last time i checked). you dont mind big man like this often, while combo guards are way easier to find /replace.

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-23-2012, 07:58 PM
pretty sure the celtics took heat to 7 games without bradley, i doubt he is the biggest reason for the turnaround.

bradley cannot create his own shot at all, when he played without rondo he was so lost.

gortat averaged 16 and 10 playing with nash last year, he would average around the same with Rondo. Gortat is also a very good shot blocker(leads the league in blocks this year last time i checked). you dont mind big man like this often, while combo guards are way easier to find /replace.
He was definitely one of the biggest reasons. Obviously KG's resurgence at the 5 was the biggest reason. Just look at the Celtics defensive stats when Bradley replaced Ray in the starting line-up, they were some of the best they've had since 2008. The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games because Rondo played out of his mind and KG was able to take advantage of the mismatch against the Heat's undersized front-line. But the absence of Bradley also forced the Celtics to have to double Wade on the catch instead of having someone who could defend him 1 on 1. No doubt Bradley would have made a big impact on that series.

Segatti
11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I would trade without hesitation if I were the Celtics.

Papaya Petee
11-23-2012, 08:03 PM
:facepalm Please talk to me when you've seen Bradley play. :oldlol: @ describing Gortat as one of the best defenders while Bradley is only a "good" defender. He's easily one of the elite defenders in the league. Rondo (who goes up against him every day in practice) described him as the best on ball defender he's ever seen. And I'll take Bradley being an 11 ppg scorer at age 21 (and someone who's improved offensively leaps and bounds in one years time) over Gortat who is 28 and is an average offensive player with not much upside.

There's a reason Bradley replaced Ray Allen in the starting line-up and helped turn around the Celtics season. Gortat still doesn't get the Celtics to the Finals and we'd lose one of our best young players in the process. No f*cking thank you.
Oh wait, you mean I DON'T see Bradley play seeing how I watch almost every single Celtic game on TV? :roll: Bradley is a good defender and that's about it. Very limited offensive game.

Gortat is a center, ANCHORS defenses, which is much more important then perimeter play. He leads the league in blocks, and is a great rebounder which the Celtics desperately need. The Celtics already have a bunch of guards who can score 10-20 a game, plus Pierce as the main scorer. Plus Bradley is injury prone while Gortat is not. When Gortat played with a point guard as good as Rondo (Nash) he was consistently putting up 16\12 games while playing great defense and hustling his heart out. How many centers can say they do that?

This move is a NO BRAINER for the Celtics.

maybeshewill13
11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Hmm I wonder how Gortat would fit into the Thunder. We have plenty of assets and badly need a new center.

Papaya Petee
11-23-2012, 08:05 PM
My opinion might be biased cause Gortat is my favorite player in the NBA, but give credit where its due, the guy is a beast!

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh wait, you mean I DON'T see Bradley play seeing how I watch almost every single Celtic game on TV? :roll: Bradley is a good defender and that's about it. Very limited offensive game.

Gortat is a center, ANCHORS defenses, which is much more important then perimeter play. He leads the league in blocks, and is a great rebounder which the Celtics desperately need. The Celtics already have a bunch of guards who can score 10-20 a game, plus Pierce as the main scorer. Plus Bradley is injury prone while Gortat is not. When Gortat played with a point guard as good as Rondo (Nash) he was consistently putting up 16\12 games while playing great defense and hustling his heart out. How many centers can say they do that?

This move is a NO BRAINER for the Celtics.
Stopped reading right there. Damn near everyone who has played with/watched Bradley acknowledges the fact that he's an elite on ball defender. You obviously haven't watched him play or are just completely downplaying his strengths for the sake of your argument.

I'll take an elite defensive guard with an average (but vastly improved) offensive game at age 21 over a good defensive center with an average offensive game at age 28. Please explain why the Celtics trade one of their best young players for a solid veteran center who isn't good enough to push them over the top (to the Finals/title)? Glad some of you guys aren't NBA GMs.

Whoah10115
11-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Melo, Bass, Green, Bradley...hopefully, (for Boston) Phoenix isn't smart enough to ask for Sullinger. But him too. Not ALL of them, but a mix.

And whoever mentioned Miami...:facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
11-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Wouln't trade Bradley.

Maybe pick or throw in Fab Melo because this would be a really good pickup.

Qwyjibo
11-23-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't see how Boston has the assets to nab a quality starting player like Gortat. Phoenix is bound to get better offers than anything reasonable that Boston can put together.

Pacers4ever
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
If the celtics want to beat miami

Gortat>Bradley

PejaNowitzki
11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Boston can "offer" whatever the **** they want, doesn't mean Phoenix shouldn't laugh at them. Gortat is a legit big man in a league that has increasingly less of them, he can rebound, score and defend, he's only 28, has an affordable contract and let's be cereal, they want to trade their random rubbish for him?

Please. There are many other teams who could put much more compelling offers together for a player of Gortat's status.

Qwyjibo
11-23-2012, 08:32 PM
If the celtics want to beat miami

Gortat>Bradley
And then OKC jumps in and offers the Toronto lottery pick. That pick is a better asset than anything Boston can give.

I haven't even thought about other teams that could chase Gortat. That's why I don't see how Boston gets a deal done.

veilside23
11-23-2012, 08:58 PM
i would do it if i were the celtics but honestly darko was released just to get gortat dont get me wrong gortat is better but darko +bradley isnt far behind...

veilside23
11-23-2012, 09:03 PM
And then OKC jumps in and offers the Toronto lottery pick. That pick is a better asset than anything Boston can give.

I haven't even thought about other teams that could chase Gortat. That's why I don't see how Boston gets a deal done.

gortat wont save your franchise bro.. if you only drafted right last draft time... it would been a better toronto franchise

you already have davis bargs that euro guy. why do you need gortat?

Qwyjibo
11-23-2012, 09:04 PM
gortat wont save your franchise bro.. if you only drafted right last draft time... it would been a better toronto franchise

you already have davis bargs that euro guy. why do you need gortat?
What are you talking about?

OKC has the Raptors lottery pick (via the Harden trade via the Lowry trade). They would be the ones to trade for him, not Toronto.

And for the record, who gives a shit about Bargnani and Davis if you're getting a better player like Gortat (not that they will)?

JohnnySic
11-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd offer Bass, Bradley, and Melo and/or picks. I dont gut the team for Gortat. He's a nice center but lets slow it down a little.

So basically, Gortat would be replacing Bass, and KG gets to slide back to the 4.

Xover
11-23-2012, 11:28 PM
rondo str8 up

Reverend Hoops
11-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Rondo, Pierce and Garnett and a 1st should be able to get it done.

B-Easy8
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Watching the Suns game now and I can see why Gortat wants out. Gentry has no idea what he is doing. Gortat has been benched again as I type this.