PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is the best player on the Lakers, not Dwight.

Boomerang
11-21-2012, 12:33 AM
before the season began, everyone was underrating Kobe, talking like he was an old man just playing the role of a role player. like Dwight is the greatest superstar. people saying that if Lakers win, Dwight will get FMVP.

well, if you're watching the games this year, it's totally the opposite. Kobe RUNS the Lakers, he is their best and most important player. Dwight is great, don't take me wrong, but when Kobe sits and it's only Dwight, Lakers suck. it's like watching the Orlando Magics without shooters.

when kobe comes in, the team works again. shooters are shooting, dwight and paul are scoring. if he plays like this- he's going to get MVP, FMVP, and be the best player of his 6th championship ring.

outbreak
11-21-2012, 12:36 AM
before the season began, everyone was underrating Kobe, talking like he was an old man just playing the role of a role player. like Dwight is the greatest superstar. people saying that if Lakers win, Dwight will get FMVP.

well, if you're watching the games this year, it's totally the opposite. Kobe RUNS the Lakers, he is their best and most important player. Dwight is great, don't take me wrong, but when Kobe sits and it's only Dwight, Lakers suck. it's like watching the Orlando Magics without shooters.

when kobe comes in, the team works again. shooters are shooting, dwight and paul are scoring. if he plays like this- he's going to get MVP, FMVP, and be the best player of his 6th championship ring.

:coleman:

HardwoodLegend
11-21-2012, 12:38 AM
He's doing great, but I fear he's going to hit a wall... and even harder than last season.

He'll fall drastically. Then again, that may be wrong to underestimate him in that regard too.

However, even if he does win the 6th ring as the best player, it's really not that impressive since the team is so stacked at multiple spots on the floor. More spots than what LeBron enjoyed with a hobbled Wade.

Dictator
11-21-2012, 12:39 AM
He's doing great, but I fear he's going to hit a wall... and even harder than last season.

He'll fall drastically. Then again, that may be wrong to underestimate him in that regard too.

However, even if he does win the 6th ring as the best player, it's really not that impressive since the team is so stacked at multiple spots on the floor. More spots than what LeBron enjoyed with a hobbled Wade.

I guess you didn't watch the 2012 playoff heat.

The Heat bench literally played like their life depended on it.

RRR3
11-21-2012, 12:40 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277805

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzg9uZe9L1qdhxl0.gif

ripthekik
11-21-2012, 12:40 AM

:lol not really.

Lebron has 2 players in their primes. Kobe has an old Nash, only Dwight is in his prime. Not to mention no bench besides Jordan Hill. Lebron has a ton of shooters.

Love it, same thing for Lebron, he gets praised, but for Kobe, it's nothing :oldlol:

ripthekik
11-21-2012, 12:41 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277805

back from hiding :roll: :roll: :roll:
ready to go for round 2? Must be tough stopping yourself from posting :roll: :roll: :roll:

HardwoodLegend
11-21-2012, 12:42 AM
I guess you didn't watch the 2012 playoff heat.

The Heat bench literally played like their life depended on it.

That's because playing with LeBron made them better. He elevated their play.

You're acting like it's the same thing as walking into the Playoffs with the kind of help Kobe has?

ripthekik
11-21-2012, 12:44 AM
That's because playing with LeBron made them better. He elevated their play.

You're acting like it's the same thing as walking into the Playoffs with the kind of help Kobe has?

2 things.

1. Kobe has made his teammates better so far too.

2. Lebron plays in the damn East with Wade and Bosh. He doesn't even need to play and they'll make the playoffs :oldlol: Hell, he basically only has 1 tough series and then he gets the finals

Heavincent
11-21-2012, 12:44 AM

:facepalm

KungFuJoe
11-21-2012, 12:47 AM

Weakest bench on the NBA. Old ass Nash. Gasol softer than ever and on the decline. I'll give you Dwight. MWP?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

HardwoodLegend
11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm kidding, you guys.

Kobe's success makes me mad, and I'm trying to work my way towards accepting it. It'll take a bit of therapy.

talkingconch
11-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Dantonio not taking out dwight?

swag2011
11-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Clearly. No debate. Playing as good as anyway in the league

Jameerthefear
11-21-2012, 02:03 AM
nah.

heyhey
11-21-2012, 02:03 AM
no doubt and it's best that way cuz Dwight doesn't have that assassin alpha frame of mind, u see how happy he is to get carried by Kobe? that's not 1st option on championship team mentality

NumberSix
11-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Yes, right now, Kobe is playing better than Dwight.

pauk
11-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Dwight is a bit more impactful (you will know this sooner or later)
Kobe is the better closer ofcourse and a better leader

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Tonight Dwight had a bigger impact on the game, poor FT shooting aside.

But yes, 11 games into the season the Lakers best player has been Kobe. Kobe's arguably been the best player in the NBA so far.

Jameerthefear
11-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Dwight is a bit more impactful (on both ends)
This.

KOBE143
11-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Dwight is the best player
Kobe is the best closer and a better leader
STFO

Kobe is the best player, the leader, the closer..

Dwight is the sidekick just like your boy..

DatAsh
11-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Dwight is a bit more impactful (you will know this sooner or later)

Normally I would agree, but Kobe's been playing really efficient basketball. Dwight was clearly the better player tonight, but I'd still give the overall edge to Kobe at this point.

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:11 AM
no doubt and it's best that way cuz Dwight doesn't have that assassin alpha frame of mind, u see how happy he is to get carried by Kobe? that's not 1st option on championship team mentality
How in the f*** did you get so much positive rep?

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-21-2012, 02:11 AM
No.

G-Funk
11-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Kobe is the best offensive player by a mile. Dwight is not a huge offensive thread the way Kobe is. You can't even run the offense off Dwight. The offense would be run through Nash & Kobe.

Stern
11-21-2012, 02:14 AM
How in the f*** did you get so much positive rep?
Ignore the retard zizozain and winwin.

ihoopallday
11-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Kobe will be the best player on the Lakers till he retires. Don't know why people thought differently coming into this season.

Heavincent
11-21-2012, 02:17 AM

I disagree. His FT shooting nearly cost them the game :confusedshrug: It's not just a little footnote. He should at least be shooting 60% on FT's. It might end up costing them a playoff series if he has shoots like he did tonight.

Not hating on Dwight, but Kobe was more efficient tonight and did a good job setting up the offense. Hell, I'd say Pau had a better game than Dwight too.

IGOTGAME
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM

But yes, 11 games into the season the Lakers best player has been Kobe. Kobe's arguably been the best player in the NBA so far.
What game were you watching tonight?

ripthekik
11-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Kobe is the best offensive player by a mile. Dwight is not a huge offensive thread the way Kobe is. You can't even run the offense off Dwight. The offense would be run through Nash & Kobe.
I agree with this.
Mike Brown tried it and it was bad. They dumped the ball to Dwight for him to go 1 on 1 down low, but it's usually pretty ugly. Dwight is good for being the defensive anchor, and offense for cleaning things up. That is if you set him up for an lob, open pass, or when he rebounds and putback.

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:21 AM
I disagree. His FT shooting nearly cost them the game :confusedshrug: It's not just a little footnote. He should at least be shooting 60% on FT's. It might end up costing them a playoff series if he has shoots like he did tonight.

Not hating on Dwight, but Kobe was more efficient tonight and did a good job setting up the offense. Hell, I'd say Pau had a better game than Dwight too.

What game were watching tonight?

And here we go. Kobe kids coming to the rescue.

Yes, Howard's FT shooting nearly cost them the game. Still doesn't mean he wasn't the more impactful player tonight, especially on defense. He had four blocks and altered a number of other shots at the rim.

Not saying Dwight was better by a mile or anything, but in my opinion he was their best player tonight. Kobe and Pau also had really solid games.

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Beans Bryant is currently the best player on the Lakers.

rhythmic
11-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Dwight is our anchor defensively, but Kobe is our best offensive weapon; this is clear as day. So far this season, Kobe has played like our best player regardless if Dwight is at 100% or not because Kobe is a far better & more consistent offensive threat.

Heck, Kobe has played like the best player on the planet so far this season.
Leading the league in scoring, shooting 50%+, 40%+ and 90%+...averaging 5 assists and 5 boards...he's been as good as anyone at the very least, in my opinion.

Dwight and Kobe are two of the five best players on the planet, only team in this league to have that PLUS Nash & Gasol? Insane.
Heck, MWP has looked pretty damn good this season as well.

Deuce Bigalow
11-21-2012, 02:23 AM
No.
Was Kobe ever the best player on the Lakers in his career?

97-04: Shaq
05-07: Kwame Brown
08-11: Pau, the real Finals MVP and league MVP
12: Bynum, Dwight

Am I right?

Heavincent
11-21-2012, 02:25 AM

Yes, Howard's FT shooting nearly cost them the game. Still doesn't mean he wasn't the more impactful player tonight, especially on defense. He had four blocks and altered a number of other shots at the rim.

Not saying Dwight was better by a mile or anything, but in my opinion he was their best player tonight. Kobe and Pau also had really solid games.

So I'm a "Kobe kid" just because I think Kobe had a better game tonight? Get real man.

Kobe also played great D on D-Will down the stretch and was the most impactful player by far on the offensive end. I'm sorry, but I just can't overlook Dwight's FT shooting.

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
So I'm a "Kobe kid" just because I think Kobe had a better game tonight? Get real man.

Kobe also played great D on D-Will down the stretch and was the most impactful player by far on the offensive end. I'm sorry, but I just can't overlook Dwight's FT shooting.
No, you're a "Kobe kid" because you are obsessed with Kobe and always come to his rescue anytime someone tries to say he's not the best at something.

Tonight, though, that's fine. The gap between he and Howard wasn't that big, so I can see the case for Kobe.

G-Funk
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM

:oldlol:

Dwight's +/- was -4

Bryant's +/- was +20

Pacers4ever
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM

Let's be real you ride kobe jock even for a "nets" fan don't blame you the nets ****ing suck.

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Let's be real you ride kobe jock even for a "nets" fan don't blame you the nets ****ing suck.

Aww come on now, they have some good talent on that team.

Heavincent
the nets ****ing suck.

6-3 :confusedshrug:

KG215
Dwight's +/- was -4

Bryant's +/- was +20
Pretty sure there were stretches of the game where Dwight was the only starter on the floor with the shitty Lakers bench.

rhythmic
11-21-2012, 02:33 AM
No, you're a "Kobe kid" because you are obsessed with Kobe and always come to his rescue anytime someone tries to say he's not the best at something.

Tonight, though, that's fine. The gap between he and Howard wasn't that big, so I can see the case for Kobe.

Kobe was pretty mediocre after the 1st quarter, IMO.
Why some people would pick Kobe tonight is because he hit some big free throws to seal the deal; Dwight was a big liability at the line.

Dwight had a great game though; 20 points, 15 boards & 4 blocks? :bowdown:
His poor free throws really hurt us from putting this team away earlier. I mean we shot below 40% I believe from the line and took 25+ free throws? If we shot 70%, we would have won by double digits tonight.

G-Funk
11-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Nets = 6-3
Pacers = 5-7

just saying

rodman91
11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Lakers commentators said Howard was player of the game..and he was.

G-Funk
Pretty sure there were stretches of the game where Dwight was the only starter on the floor with the shitty Lakers bench.

:rolleyes:

rhythmic

THANK YOU.
Quit using the stupid +/- stat, it's worthless. Howard plays 6-10 minutes with 4 bench player to start the 2nd and 4th quarters, and our bench STINKS besides Hill; on both ends.

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Nets = 6-3
Pacers = 5-7

just saying

I don't believe in the Pacers. As long as Granger remains arguably their best player and Paul George still remains outside an all star caliber player I can't see them making serious noise.

G-Funk
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Who ran the offense? Kobe
Who controlled the defense? Dwight
Who took over the game? Kobe

Pacers4ever
11-21-2012, 02:36 AM
6-3 :confusedshrug:
Let me correct it you ride kobe's jock before this season happy?

AngelEyes
[QUOTE=rhythmic

DatAsh

Dwight's +/- was -4

Bryant's +/- was +20

That has more to do with rotations. Dwight plays 12+ minutes with the bench where as Kobe plays almost none.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Kobe went through a stretch not doing anything. His 4th qtr was alright. Did most of his damage in the first half (or first qtr rather). POG = Dwight, albeit it's close.

rodman91
Who took over the game? REFS

fixed.:lol

Pacers4ever
11-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Nets = 6-3
Pacers = 5-7

just saying
Good thing last season never happened and this season is over and you're not a retard that doesn't use +/- to prove something :roll: :roll:

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Pacers4ever
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
That has more to do with rotations. Dwight plays 12+ minutes with the bench where as Kobe plays almost none.
This but remember this is ISH

fpliii
11-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Just for fun, it's worth throwing out there that YES (Yankees channel, broadcasts Nets games in the NYC area) actually picked Pau as the player of the game.

Anyhow, I don't have a dog in this, but in terms of impact ('best' player in a vacuum means little to me tbh) you gotta go with Dwight just looking at the team as a whole. Thus far though it's been Kobe, though we'll have to see how sustainable his insane level of play is (plus Dwight was pretty shafty defensively during the first few games with Mike Brown) as the season progresses.

KG215
11-21-2012, 02:41 AM
:rolleyes:
So Dwight playing 10-12 minutes of the game with Duhon, Meeks, Jamison, and Hill compared to almost zero for Kobe means nothing when talking about +/-?

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Just for fun, it's worth throwing out there that YES (Yankees channel, broadcasts Nets games in the NYC area) actually picked Pau as the player of the game.

Anyhow, I don't have a dog in this, but in terms of impact ('best' player in a vacuum means little to me tbh) you gotta go with Dwight just looking at the team as a whole. Thus far though it's been Kobe, though we'll have to see how sustainable his insane level of play is (plus Dwight was pretty shafty defensively during the first few games with Mike Brown) as the season progresses.

Agreed. So far Kobe. Will see if he can sustain this play, god knows beans has many miles on those old legs.

DatAsh
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm not really sure how people can say Kobe was the better player tonight. Are people really that biased?

23pts 15reb 3ast 4blk on 73% vs 23pts 4reb 5ast on 53%

Dwight was terrible from the line(7-19), but was still the better player overall, especially when you consider both sides of the ball.

rodman91
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM

Pau deserved as well. Not just his low post game and mid range jumpers but actually he is making Howard's job so easy on offense..like he did with Bynum. Those passes from high post can make Omer Asik scoring threat.:lol

rhythmic
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM
You guys agree that so far Kobe has been the best player in the league, not just the Lakers? I mean he is making things look effortless out there. Even tonight, he was still 8 for 15 and it wasn't one of his better games.

I can't believe what he's doing out there; guy is nearing 30,000 points and entering his 17th season. :biggums:

I personally thought either Gasol or MWP were our best player tonight. :confusedshrug: I thought MWP shot well from beyond the arc and hit a HUGE three point shot that actually swung momentum in our favor and facilitated that 11-2 run when we were down by 6 with 5 minutes left in the game. Pau did a little bit of everything and had a double-double I believe.

Kobe was too quiet for most part and Howard's free throw shooting was a big problem for us. I mean to miss 12+ free throws? I can't give him the game ball for that. Despite getting 15 boards and recording 4 blocks, he was pretty mediocre defensively. Wasn't rotating that well and his awareness was a little off but he isn't fully healthy either so I'm not expecting the world from the guy. Some Laker fans are too inpatient with him.

DatAsh
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM

Kobe had an off game tonight when you compare it with his other performances this season, but I do think he's been their most effective player overall at this point in time.

He's the only one(until Nash comes back) that can reliably run the team's offense. As a result, he's been their best offensive player by a comfortable margin.

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:49 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

fpliii
11-21-2012, 02:49 AM
You guys agree that so far Kobe has been the best player in the league, not just the Lakers? I mean he is making things look effortless out there. Even tonight, he was still 8 for 15 and it wasn't one of his better games.

I can't believe what he's doing out there; guy is nearing 30,000 points and entering his 17th season. :biggums:

I personally thought either Gasol or MWP were our best player tonight. :confusedshrug: I thought MWP shot well from beyond the arc and hit a HUGE three point shot that actually swung momentum in our favor and facilitated that 11-2 run when we were down by 6 with 5 minutes left in the game. Pau did a little bit of everything and had a double-double I believe.

Kobe was too quiet for most part and Howard's free throw shooting was a big problem for us. I mean to miss 12+ free throws? I can't give him the game ball for that. Despite getting 15 boards and recording 4 blocks, he was pretty mediocre defensively. Wasn't rotating that well and his awareness was a little off but he isn't fully healthy either so I'm not expecting the world from the guy. Some Laker fans are too inpatient with him.

I haven't watched as many Lakers games as I've liked...how's his defense been so far?

So far he's on the shortlist of top guys for me, but I haven't dissected his game (beyond a cursory glance of the gaudy numbers).

Kobe had an off game tonight when you compare it with his other performances this season, but I do think he's been their most effective player overall at this point in time.

He's the only one(until Nash comes back) that can reliably run the team's offense. As a result, he's been their best offensive player by a comfortable margin.

agreed

dabulls23
11-21-2012, 02:58 AM
honestly, Dwight doesn't have the impact that Kobe has overall....though Dwight is obviously a bigger defensive presence.. there's a reason why Dwight hasn't won a MVP award even with his crazy efficient stats...

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 03:01 AM
honestly, Dwight doesn't have the impact that Kobe has overall....though Dwight is obviously a bigger defensive presence.. there's a reason why Dwight hasn't won a MVP award even with his crazy efficient stats...

I don't see Dwight ever winning the MVP award. I don't think his offensive game will ever be good enough where the writers can will vote him over Lebron and Durant in the upcoming years.

DatAsh
11-21-2012, 03:43 AM
I haven't watched as many Lakers games as I've liked...how's his defense been so far?

From what I've seen, and I'm sure I don't speak for everybody, his defense has been pretty terrible this year. That being said, his stiffest competitor - Lebron - hasn't been playing great defense either.

takai
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
The way Kobe played against the Nets tonight really proved that he indeed is the best player on the team. Given, with the help around him he's able to take smarter shots, but he can do just as well on his own, just like he did tonight. Some shots he took were unreal.

Look at it this way, the Lakers would be doing a lot worse if they didn't have Kobe, compared if they didn't have Howard.

DatAsh
11-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Look at it this way, the Lakers would be doing a lot worse if they didn't have Kobe, compared if they didn't have Howard.

Agreed. That may change somewhat once Nash is in the lineup, but for now that seems to be the case.

takai
11-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Agreed. That may change somewhat once Nash is in the lineup, but for now that seems to be the case.
Most likely. Once Nash comes back, everyone will start playing significantly better.

Doranku
11-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Kobe, in his 17th season, is still (arguably) the best player in the world. :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
11-21-2012, 05:37 AM

Not that good and tonight's game he got into early foul trouble, so he couldn't be aggressive on defense and offense for a spell.

I would rather see him continue to cut down on his turnovers, if he's going to handle the basketball a lot. When Nash comes back to the team, I see him being more aggressive defensively (needs to be quicker on his rotations) and see him a play a lot more off the ball on offense.

Graviton
11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Kobe, in his 17th season, is still (arguably) the best player in the world. :bowdown:
He is arguably the 2nd best, people hastily put Durant over him. but there is no case for #1. Lazyass Lebron playing with little effort still put up 29/7/7 last week and has lead his team to a better record thus far. The difference between James and everyone else is still quite noticeable, even when Lebron plays crappy defense and looks disinterested he still has a bigger impact than those other guys who have to work extremely hard just to momentarily catch up to Lebron on cruise control.

keepinitreal
11-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Was Kobe ever the best player on the Lakers in his career?

97-04: Shaq
05-07: Kwame Brown
08-11: Pau, the real Finals MVP and league MVP
12: Bynum, Dwight

Am I right?

Nah, I have Kobe slightly ahead of Kwame in 07.:lol

ripthekik
11-21-2012, 07:16 AM
True.

Without Kobe? No flow, just imagine the offense :facepalm :facepalm
Lakers probably get blown out of the building, not to mention Dwight can't even hit his free throws - he'll be the biggest reason the Lakers lose.

He was a big liability today, almost cost them the game. I don't see how Dwight can be the player of the game. I mean, just watch the damn 4th quarter. It would've been better to bench him.

Chrono90
11-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Who took over the game? Kobe
:cheers:

Heavincent
11-22-2012, 01:35 AM
bump

G-Funk
11-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Nash is the only player that will go to war with Kobe, Dwight & Pau just don't have "IT"

G-Funk
11-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Basketball is much more than just stats and this game proves it.

moey-
11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
I cannot understand why anyone would even make the claim the claim that Dwight is better than Kobe.

It's absolutely laughable. Dwight will NEVER be better or more important for the Lakers.

Stern
11-22-2012, 01:40 AM
bump
You are not even a laker fan so gtfo.

pauk
11-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Yep, i dont care what i said before

Heavincent
11-22-2012, 01:43 AM
You are not even a laker fan so gtfo.

Sorry, I didn't see the "Lakers fans only" sign.

Graviton
11-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Just trade Pau already, no need to wait for him to disappear in 3rd straight playoffs. Get some athleticism, bench production and defense.

AirTupac
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Dwight playing just awful. Gasol even worse (downright pathetic for Gasol). Kobe did what he could.

G-Funk
11-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Dwight playing just awful. Gasol even worse (downright pathetic for Gasol). Kobe did what he could.
Dwight has an excuse(even though he played with no effort) What's Gasols excuse, He didn't even bother looking for a shot with the bench on the floor, instead he differs to the scrubs.

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I def thought Dwight would be easily the best player on the team. Figured they'd build the offense around him and Kobe would take more of a backseat and average 20-23 points. That along with Dwight arguably being the best defender in the league made it a pretty easy assumption for me. Kobe's having the better year, still think it's a little early. Dwight could turn it around offensively and Kobe could slow down. As it stands right now Kobe is easily the man.

I say this as a pretty happy camper too. Rather see Kobe score 38 and lose to the Kings and Dwight have 4 shot attempts in 41 minutes than Dwight be the "best player" and the Lakers win. Lakers playing .500 ball and haven't won a road game yet, Kobe averaging like 27+ on 50%+ shooting? .. Yeah didn't see that one coming at all.

AirTupac
11-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Dwight has an excuse(even though he played with no effort) What's Gasols excuse, He didn't even bother looking for a shot with the bench on the floor, instead he differs to the scrubs.

I know Dwight was shutout from the very beginning but still, as the best center in the league, you'd think he would try to do more SOMEWAY SOMEHOW. Gasol can suck a fat one, he was just embarrassing.

G-Funk
11-22-2012, 01:52 AM
I def thought Dwight would be easily the best player on the team. Figured they'd build the offense around him and Kobe would take more of a backseat and average 20-23 points. That along with Dwight arguably being the best defender in the league made it a pretty easy assumption for me. Kobe's having the better year, still think it's a little early. Dwight could turn it around offensively and Kobe could slow down. As it stands right now Kobe is easily the man.

I say this as a pretty happy camper too. Rather see Kobe score 38 and lose to the Kings and Dwight have 4 shot attempts in 41 minutes than Dwight be the "best player" and the Lakers win. Lakers playing .500 ball and haven't won a road game yet, Kobe averaging like 27+ on 50%+ shooting? .. Yeah didn't see that one coming at all.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 01:56 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What are you rolling your eyes at? Can you not comprehend what I said or something? .. I'm happy I was wrong. I 100% thought that Dwight would be the best player on the Lakers this year. Kobe's playing out of his mind, Dwight is playing ok at times and tonight was pretty much nowhere to be seen. Yet the Lakers aren't winning.

I'm not a Laker fan, I was wrong about Dwight.

F*cking idiot :oldlol:

G-Funk
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Sooo, How about them Nuggets? rolol

fukin Tool

Sharmer
11-22-2012, 02:04 AM
If I'm building a team, I would pick Dwight and Lebron before Kobe, at this stage in their careers. Kobe has the killer instinct, like MJ, but it's hard to go past Dwight and Lebron because dominant centers are rare in this league and having a player who can play all positions is even rarer.

chazzy
11-22-2012, 02:06 AM
This team is only winning the title if Dwight is as good or better than Kobe, so I hope he gets completely up to speed soon.

rhythmic
11-22-2012, 02:08 AM
What are you rolling your eyes at? Can you not comprehend what I said or something? .. I'm happy I was wrong. I 100% thought that Dwight would be the best player on the Lakers this year. Kobe's playing out of his mind, Dwight is playing ok at times and tonight was pretty much nowhere to be seen. Yet the Lakers aren't winning.

I'm not a Laker fan, I was wrong about Dwight.

F*cking idiot :oldlol:

They're winning more then your Denver squad, without their star point guard.

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Sooo, How about them Nuggets? rolol

fukin Tool

What? Seriously you should go play in traffic because your a f*cking idiot. This thread is about Kobe being the best player on the Lakers, I came in here to eat crow because like I've said twice now I figured Dwight would be that guy no doubt about it. Didn't realize you were on your period and me mentioning that I'm happy I was wrong because even with Kobe playing out of his mind the Lakers are still in turmoil. I apologize I'm a Nuggets fan, like you pointed out and Dwight attempting 4 shots and Kobe dropping 38 with a L to the Kings is something I enjoy.

Rubio2Gasol
11-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Did this guy seriously just score 7 points? To go with terrible pick and roll defense and a lack of pick and roll defense or defensive co-ordination ( none at all really ).

Kobe is averaging 27 points, same thing he did last year, he added some dimension to his game but nothing out of the ordinary. Before someone brings up the percentages, they don't matter.

Legends66NBA7
11-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Kobe is averaging 27 points, same thing he did last year, he added some dimension to his game but nothing out of the ordinary.

In simple terms: he's getting to the rim more, playing within the offensive rhythm, and is not forcing as many shots as he did last year.

NuggetsFan
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
What? Seriously you should go play in traffic because your a f*cking idiot. This thread is about Kobe being the best player on the Lakers, I came in here to eat crow because like I've said twice now I figured Dwight would be that guy no doubt about it. Didn't realize you were on your period and me mentioning that I'm happy I was wrong because even with Kobe playing out of his mind the Lakers are still in turmoil. I apologize I'm a Nuggets fan, like you pointed out and Dwight attempting 4 shots and Kobe dropping 38 with a L to the Kings is something I enjoy.

Please get a clue seriously.
Turmoil? We don't have our starting point guard or our backup point guard. Howard is returning from a back surgery so his conditioning isn't 100%, and we played a 2nd game of a back-to-back on the road. Had a tough game against Brooklyn last night that went to the wire, which means our starters clocked in big minutes.

Howard looked tired, Gasol looked tired...but we're improving. We finally beat a quality team and have looked a lot more cohesive out there on both ends. Tonight? Lack of energy, and if you watch the game you'd know that instead of talking out of your ass.

Again, TURMOIL? :rolleyes: :facepalm
I bet you wish your Denver squad had our problems. :oldlol:
Come back to me in a month or two and see how much "turmoil" we're under, we're a work-in-progress; any intelligent basketball fan knows that. They're in a similar position as Miami were in 2010 and are playing short handed for the last 6-7 games (and only had Nash for 5 quarters this season).

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 02:16 AM
In simple terms, he's getting to the rim more, playing within the offense, and is not forcing as many shots as he did last year.

Not to mention he's shooting like 53% from the floor and over 40% from deep. So than there's that :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
11-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Not to mention he's shooting like 53% from the floor and over 40% from deep. So than there's that :oldlol:

Well, the guy I quoted said that percentages "don't matter".

:confusedshrug:

But yeah, it's been impressive he's been this consistent.

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

MetsPackers
11-22-2012, 02:26 AM

Dwight's +/- was -4

Bryant's +/- was +20

You are a f*cking idiot and I always see you poking your head in Kobe threads trying to act like you know something, and you're not just here to hug his nuts. With retarded analysis like this, i'd be shocked to find out you even watch games.

Why are you an idiot? Simple

Kobe had the far superior +/- for the game, but check the stat sheet, and shyt, check out the game

Dwight had 23/15/3/4 on 8/11 shooting
A monster night
His +/- is dragged down by missed free throws

Kobe had 25/4/5/1 on 8/15 shooting
Great performance, but Dwight clearly had the greater impact. CLEARLY

As someone who watched the game, if you think Kobe is "+24" better than Dwight in terms of impact you are a clownnn

NuggetsFan
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Well, the guy I quoted said that percentages "don't matter".

:confusedshrug:

But yeah, it's been impressive he's been this consistent.

Yeah not quite sure why I quoted you're post. Felt right at the time :lol

kennethgriffin
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
You are a f*cking idiot and I always see you poking your head in Kobe threads trying to act like you know something, and you're not just here to hug his nuts. With retarded analysis like this, i'd be shocked to find out you even watch games.

Why are you an idiot? Simple

Kobe had the far superior +/- for the game, but check the stat sheet, and shyt, check out the game

Dwight had 23/15/3/4 on 8/11 shooting
A monster night
His +/- is dragged down by missed free throws

Kobe had 25/4/5/1 on 8/15 shooting
Great performance, but Dwight clearly had the greater impact. CLEARLY

As someone who watched the game, if you think Kobe is "+24" better than Dwight in terms of impact you are a clownnn

this mental midget actually thinks a center with no decision making, no go to moves, no play making, who just gets put backs and lobs while clanking free throws all day has more of a positive impact on the lakers than the main ball handler, main play maker, main scorer, vocal leader, decision maker, main clutch player

:roll:

and +/- has allot to do with impact. its the definition of impact since whenever kobe goes out of the game dwight has no idea how to take controll of a team. they fall apart without kobe

and for a team that doesnt rely on defense and just trys to outscore everyone. i highly doubt dwights impact on the defensive end is all that important anymore. his dpoty chances are gone

rhythmic
11-22-2012, 02:32 AM
NuggetsFan, just stop...you're the one taking this too heart. Weren't Denver expected to do well? 6-6 isn't well. They are playing below expectations, yet you come into this thread using words like "turmoil" and "sinking" regarding the Lakers.

LA are 5-2 in their last 7 games, how exactly are they sinking?
They are not only missing their starting point guard (but also their backup PG) and just had a coaching change, if anything they're clearly improving their play. Like I said tonight we had no energy. I am not surprised with Howard coming back from surgery and is obviously not at 100%; so therefore I expect him not to be as mobile or quick out there.

Like the Lakers Denver added a new piece, but do you see me overreacting every-time Denver losses a game? Fact is, Denver will be fine just give them some time to gel. They added arguably the best player on their current roster. Just like LA adding Nash & Dwight. Nash hasn't even played more then 5 quarters for us and Howard had his first serious injury of his career. I don't expect him to be consistent right now or play to his full capabilities.

I'll be in panic mode if LA are still playing inconsistent basketball come February if they're at full strength. Only reason I semi-attacked you is because you being a Nugget fan, I figured you'd understand my point of view.

I apologize for insulting you by the way. You're a damn good poster and I usually agree with your opinion on matters.

No biggie homie. :cheers:

MetsPackers
11-22-2012, 02:39 AM
this mental midget actually thinks a center with no decision making, no go to moves, no play making, who just gets put backs and lobs while clanking free throws all day has more of a positive impact on the lakers than the main ball handler, main play maker, main scorer, vocal leader, decision maker, main clutch player

and +/- has allot to do with impact. its the definition of impact since whenever kobe goes out of the game dwight has no idea how to take controll of a team. they fall apart without kobe

and for a team that doesnt rely on defense and just trys to outscore everyone. i highly doubt dwights impact on the defensive end is all that important anymore. his dpoty chances are gone

Hmm, so Dwight plays more minutes, is the defensive anchor, has much greater statistical impact, yet Kobe is better for some reason. You criticize Dwight's playmaking as if that's actually his job; I would HOPE Kobe will always be doing more playmaking than Dwight. And I think the Lakers horrible bench might have something to do with the team sputtering when the starters aren't out there :facepalm

And LOL at one of the board's KNOWN RETARDS trying to comment on anyone else's intelligence. However, I will not reply after this since you are so mentally dense that I would only be troll baiting myself. LMAO at this kobe nut hugger trying to tell people with real education they're wrong. Don't you got school in the morning, kid, time for bed :roll:

I'd keep rollin with the jokes but i'm sure you're a loser in real life (you know it), so you can just act out you're own punchlines :roll:
LMAO if you really have no friends, and are wondering why you can't get girls; here's the things kid, God hates you and you deserve it :roll:

Magic 32
11-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I'd keep rollin with the jokes but i'm sure you're a loser in real life (you know it), so you can just act out you're own punchlines :roll:
LMAO if you really have no friends, and are wondering why you can't get girls; here's the things kid, God hates you and you deserve it :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Rubio2Gasol
11-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Defensive Anchor?

Anchoring the worst defense in the league while not playing defense himself.

Good Job :applause:

amfirst
11-22-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't care who is better. Anyone who actually watches the game should automatically know.

Jameerthefear
11-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Damn you ride Kobe's dick hard.

ihoopallday
11-22-2012, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

upside24
11-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Howard is not healthy and the season is too young. Kobe may not keep it up all season though I hope he does and Howard could come back and be as dominate if not more so than past years.

Boomerang
11-24-2012, 10:26 PM
WHAT DiD I TELL YOU GUYS. Dwight ain't doing shit.
I'll wait for the reps now :pimp:

NBASTATMAN
11-25-2012, 12:26 AM
:lol not really.

Lebron has 2 players in their primes. Kobe has an old Nash, only Dwight is in his prime. Not to mention no bench besides Jordan Hill. Lebron has a ton of shooters.

Love it, same thing for Lebron, he gets praised, but for Kobe, it's nothing :oldlol:

Durant would win titles with lebron or kobe's teams... Both are overrated:applause:

VegasLakerFan
11-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Howard is am AMAZING defensive player who can contribute a lot to the offense.. Kobe is an AMAZING offensive player who can contribute a lot to the defense. They are on the same team. I'm a happy Laker fan.

stephanieg
11-25-2012, 12:51 AM
We need to go back to the give and go offense we ran last year. You give me the ball and the rest of you go to hell.
--Kobe Bryant

Boomerang
12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I am damn right, Dwight is a scrub
Before the season people were calling him the best player on the Lakers just to spite Kobe :facepalm :facepalm