PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Did More With Mike Brown and Played With WAY WORSE Teammates

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
And save the "its the West" excuse. The Dirk-less Mavs and Utah Jazz aren't exactly world beaters. I distinctly remember certain Laker fans talking about how Kobe was going to show Bron up and win a title with Mike Brown. Many of them tried saying he was "underrated" even :oldlol: :oldlol: Season is still early, but there is no way in hell the Lakers are 1-4 with any version of Lebron replacing Kobe in the starting lineup.

White Mamba
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
A. It is the west

B. Kobe is not 25 and he never started a season 1-4

C. season is not over yet.

D. with the injury kobe's playing with Lebron won't even fly to utah let alone play.

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2012, 01:34 PM
A. It is the west

c. season is not over yet.

1. Your team has lost to the Dirk-less Mavs and Jazz

2. Brown had success in Cleveland playing against wester conference teams. This isn't 2008 anymore. The West is VERY open this season.

White Mamba
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
1. Your team has lost to the Dirk-less Mavs and Jazz

2. Brown had success in Cleveland playing against wester conference teams. This isn't 2008 anymore. The West is VERY open this season.

last time i checked mavs are 4-1

brown (and lebron) won 1 big playoff series in 7 years (detroit 2007) they fail to win any other series, thats why your boy run to miami before its too late.

Nick Young
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Lebron player in weak era in the Eastern conference where the Chauncey Billups-Richard Hamilton-Tayshaun Prince-Ben Wallace-Rasheed Wallace Pistons AKA a team of roleplayers that fluked their way to one title, was head and shoulders the best team in the East and the only true competition.

And even then, Lebron needed a fluke shooting performance he will never come close to duplicating again +the refs to suddenly start treating Boobie Gibson like D-Wade (look up the flukey amount of freethrows he was suddenly given in decisive games) to get to the finals.

And as soon as they got out of the east they were soundly destroyed in the most lopsided NBA finals in history.

Kobe could have lead his teams of Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton starting to the finals if he had played in the east back then.

Bano114
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
:oldlol:

Sure he did more with less...because he had more time. I dont care either way about either of them but I sure as hell am not a fan of stupid people. Try again later.

:hammerhead:

joeysms55
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
too many excuses.

Same piston team that beat Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone too. Don't forget

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2012, 02:13 PM
:wtf:
Lebron player in weak era in the Eastern conference where the Chauncey Billups-Richard Hamilton-Tayshaun Prince-Ben Wallace-Rasheed Wallace Pistons AKA a team of roleplayers that fluked their way to one title, was head and shoulders the best team in the East and the only true competition.

And even then, Lebron needed a fluke shooting performance he will never come close to duplicating again +the refs to suddenly start treating Boobie Gibson like D-Wade (look up the flukey amount of freethrows he was suddenly given in decisive games) to get to the finals.

And as soon as they got out of the east they were soundly destroyed in the most lopsided NBA finals in history.

Kobe could have lead his teams of Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton starting to the finals if he had played in the east back then.

05- Misses playoffs
06- Loses in 1st round
07 Loses in 1st round.

Kobe wasn't leading that team anywhere until he got to play with another all-star post player.

White Mamba
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
too many excuses.

Same piston team that beat Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone too. Don't forget

bs - they won cuz malon got injured and larry brown coached. they never beat um with saunders.

White Mamba
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM

05- Misses playoffs
06- Loses in 1st round
07 Loses in 1st round.

Kobe wasn't leading that team anywhere until he got to play with another all-star post player.

once again - in 7 seasons only 1 big series lebron won - detroit.

Nick Young
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM

05- Misses playoffs
06- Loses in 1st round
07 Loses in 1st round.

Kobe lead a team where Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown were starters to a 3-0 advantage Vs the Phoenix Suns run by MVP Nash.

Lebron would've been swept easily by the Suns.

R.I.P.
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe Brown is simply a defensive coordintaor. He had the players for that in Cleveland. He has nobody besides a gimpy Howard in LA.

crisoner
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM

05- Misses playoffs
06- Loses in 1st round
07 Loses in 1st round.

And LeBron never won sh*t until he jumped on D Wade's ship in Miami.
See we can play they game as well.

And all these LeBron fans saying that the Cavs was a bad team STFU. You know sh*t about ball. He had a good team built around him. I agree about Brown not being a good coach but b*tch please about Lebron's teammates.

DukeDelonte13
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
MB in Cleveland...

Lebron dribbles down the clock and jacks up a bad shot.

Fans: "OMG MB sucks, he has no offense!!"

Gotta love how people think NBA players do exactly what their coaches tell them and never blow plays. Granted, getting players to buy in is on the coach, but i hate the mindset that the lakers problems are all on MB. A lot of it is execution.

Pacers4ever
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM

And all these LeBron fans saying that the Cavs was a bad team STFU. You know sh*t about ball. He had a good team built around him. I agree about Brown not being a good coach but b*tch please about Lebron's teammates.
The thread titles is correct kobes team mates > LeBrons.

PJR
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
LeBron is better than Bryant ever was. Should be common knowledge by now.

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Where did I say Bron didn't need help to win a title, f..ag? The point is Bron did way more with less than Kobe has. Thats a fact.

Rysio
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
cavs played defense. they were regular season heros. played their best every single game only to get exposed in the playoffs.

NumberSix
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Excuses excuses

Replay32
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Not too many people who have played in the league has had the impact on a team greater than lebron james.

He doesn't get enough credit, but lebrons impact can't be denied. He's a beast, he makes his teammates better and he's a great all around player. The energy lebron puts into every game offensively and defensively has to be respected and this is the main reason the Cavs overachieved (especially in the regular season) when he was there.

chips93
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM

C. season is not over yet.

these

/Thread

TheMan
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Kobe kocksuckers vs LeBron nut-huggers:lol

typical day at ISH:rolleyes:

TheMarkMadsen
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
its been 5 fcking games :lol

you're comparing a 2 year sample size to 5 games...

you're just a troll though so who cares your threads are meaninglesss.

Heavincent
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
shit thread

I<3NBA
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
shit thread
only because it makes you cry

Bandito
11-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Kobe has only played 1 season and 5 games with Mike and has go to the second round in the playoffs with him. Why are people overreacting over this 5 games is beyond me. At least wait until the midseason to fired him, he's not a bad coach he's just a player coach. The princeton offense obviously sucks but it may just because these players never played in it, just be patient until Dwight goes back in shape (he didn't play most of last season) and everyone else get used to the offense.

hawke812
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
When the Lakers do well...SHAQ/GASOL/BYNUM'S TEAM (Watch for HOWARD/NASH/MWP/STEVEBLAKE/MIKE BROWN'S TEAM when they start winning)

When the Lakers do bad...KOBE'S TEAM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Micku
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
LeBron did do more with less with the Cavs. People were saying that back then with 08-10.

But the current problem with the Lakers is the defense. They don't have the same defense intensity as the Cavs did or the championship Lakers did.

jjayfive
11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
And save the "its the West" excuse. The Dirk-less Mavs and Utah Jazz aren't exactly world beaters. I distinctly remember certain Laker fans talking about how Kobe was going to show Bron up and win a title with Mike Brown. Many of them tried saying he was "underrated" even :oldlol: :oldlol: Season is still early, but there is no way in hell the Lakers are 1-4 with any version of Lebron replacing Kobe in the starting lineup.

We get it, you like Lebron. You think he's the greatest.

NumberSix
11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
When the Lakers do well...SHAQ/GASOL/BYNUM'S TEAM (Watch for HOWARD/NASH/MWP/STEVEBLAKE/MIKE BROWN'S TEAM when they start winning)

It's Jim Buss' team, period.

Kobe is just an employee. Just like MJ was, like Shaq was, like LeBron is, and every other player.

Artillery
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Lebron's the better all-around player. As a result, he'll always have more of an impact on a game. Kobe's just a scorer. Big difference.

Micku
11-08-2012, 06:05 PM
No they did not. They were saying "most stacked team ever":roll:

Oh no. They had a bit of bench depth, but they were not better than the Lakers talent pool.

In 08 they didn't have that much talent. They took the Celts to seven games, but they went seven games with the Hawks as well.

In 09, they were better with the addition of Mo Williams. Projected to go to the Finals because they way they were playing. But they weren't the most talented bunch.

In 10, they had better talent the previous years. But throughout all that, the Lakers, Nuggets, Celts from 08-09, and Rockets when Yao was playing had more talent than the Cavs.

eliteballer
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
LeBron 2009 Cavs: 66 wins
LeBron 2010 Cavs: 61 wins

LeBron 2011 Heat: 58 wins

NumberSix
11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Can you imagine the reaction if LeBron did this with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol in his starting lineup?

Micku
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
LeBron 2009 Cavs: 66 wins
LeBron 2010 Cavs: 61 wins

LeBron 2011 Heat: 58 wins

lol!

That year is the team where I would say there's more than what meets the eye their record.

Wade and Bron were having problems to adjust to each other game, and every single team in the league want to step up and kick the crap out of them more than any other team. Especially more than the Cavs teams.

Magic 32
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Lebron fans using a player in his 17th season to prove his greatness:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbv6nvejCR1qmzxy4o5_250.gif

Bigsmoke
11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
bs - they won cuz malon got injured and larry brown coached. they never beat um with saunders.

he was 40 years old! players that old are injury prone.

and Larry Brown is part of the team u idiot. might as well said "the lakers won in 2000 because they have Phil Jackson"

longtime lurker
11-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Wasn't this idiot OP banned before? :facepalm dude needs to gtfo comparing a 1-4 team to a team that was together for 2 years. Now if the Lakers put it together and begin to start winning this moron will say the only reason the team won is because Kobe had the most stacked team in the league. Jesus these god damn Lebron nutriders are the worst thing to happen to the NBA.

kNicKz
11-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Lebron fans using a player in his 17th season to prove his greatness:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbv6nvejCR1qmzxy4o5_250.gif

:roll: :roll:

dude has been in the league for longer than Lebron's current fanbase has been alive

Derivative
11-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Lebron's the better all-around player. As a result, he'll always have more of an impact on a game. Kobe's just a scorer. Big difference.

if lebron took as many shots a game as kobe, he would average at least 5 more points per game. Lebron's offensive efficiency is way better than kobe

nathanjizzle
11-08-2012, 11:47 PM
7 games into the season:roll:

magnax1
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
If the point of this thread is that prime Lebron is better than old Kobe, then no ****ing duh.

secund2nun
11-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Kobe lead a team where Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown were starters to a 3-0 advantage Vs the Phoenix Suns run by MVP Nash.

Lebron would've been swept easily by the Suns.

Amare was out for the entire series and Kobe still lost in the first round again...in his prime.

Lebron would have destroyed the Amare-less Knicks in 5-6 games.

secund2nun
11-09-2012, 01:01 AM

We saw Kobe's teams-----in the 3 seasons after Shaq and before Gasol..

3 straight first round loses....and Kobe was in his prime LOL

asdf1990
11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
If the point of this thread is that prime Lebron is better than old Kobe, then no ****ing duh.

prime lebron is better than any version of kobe

Sarcastic
11-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Can you imagine the reaction if LeBron did this with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol in his starting lineup?

He started 8-9 with prime Dwyane Wade and prime Chris Bosh in the starting lineup, and lost in the Finals to the Mavs with only 1 star.

So yea, I can imagine.

Artillery
11-09-2012, 02:34 AM
prime lebron is better than any version of kobe

:applause:

ihoopallday
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
He started 8-9 with prime Dwyane Wade and prime Chris Bosh in the starting lineup, and lost in the Finals to the Mavs with only 1 star.

So yea, I can imagine.

Do you think LA is making it to the finals?

SilkkTheShocker
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
bump

PJR
11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Lead the Cavs to 127 wins in two seasons with Mike Brown at head coach. With Mo Williams, (a guy who was relegated to third string point guard on the Clippers) being the most potent offensive player on the roster. He tooks those teams as far as they possibly could go.

LeBron's legacy keeps on getting better and better as time goes on.

jlip
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Lead the Cavs to 127 wins in two seasons with Mike Brown at head coach. With Mo Williams, (a guy who was relegated to third string point guard on the Clippers) being the most potent offensive player on the roster. He tooks those teams as far as they possibly could go.

LeBron's legacy keeps on getting better and better as time goes on.

I actually agree with this.

I just wouldn't necessaruly take the OP's position here. With Kobe in his 17th season he is not supposed to be able to do what a younger, prime Lebron did with Brown. If Kobe was 26-30 years old with this same roster and had limited success with Mike Brown then this would be a better comparison. Honestly, at this stage of Kobe's career, IMO, he can only add to his legacy. Very few players even play 17 seasons. Far fewer are still elite in their 17th season.

Indian guy
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
LeBron's stint in Cleveland becomes GODLIER by the day :bowdown:

ripthekik
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Not really. Weak East.

Lebron had 2 teams to fear, that was the Pistons and Celtics. Who else were there? It's a free pass for him to the ECF every single year. However, out of 7, how many times did he win? He only got to the finals once.

Not very impressive if you ask me :confusedshrug:

funnystuff
11-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Not really. Weak East.

Lebron had 2 teams to fear, that was the Pistons and Celtics. Who else were there? It's a free pass for him to the ECF every single year. However, out of 7, how many times did he win? He only got to the finals once.

Not very impressive if you ask me :confusedshrug:
Bron w/ Brown = finals, Kobe w/ Brown w/ a MUCH more talented roster = chance of missing playoffs. :confusedshrug:

Maybe its just me, but Kobe is HUGELY overrated.

Mr. Incredible
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
HAHA RIP at it again. Stay salty son