PDA

View Full Version : Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Seems like his scoring ability and his rebounding are actually getting worse. Is Paul hurting his development or was he overachieving to begin with? I remember when he got drafted a lot of people saying he'd be a 14 & 10 type player, and now it seems like he is steadily heading backwards in that direction.

Levity
11-06-2012, 04:16 PM
The great red hype.

daily
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't know if he's going backward but it does seem his game has become stale and predictable. Probably more that defenses are on to him and his game hasn't expanded all that much

tikay0
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Could care less bout that floppin pu$$y, but it could have something to do with the knee injury this past Summer.

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Could care less bout that floppin pu$$y, but it could have something to do with the knee injury this past Summer.
Oh yeah I forgot he got hurt, but still I agree with daily, people not falling for his usual tricks anymore. I would like to see this guy go one game without trying to do a spin move.

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Who the hell knows man I'd say its far too early to write him off as stagnant or declining but he's been a joke so far.

mattvNJ
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
aside from being an athletic beast he isnt very talented offesnively and he sucks the dong on defense. Very predictable offense, his post moves are that of a crappy college player. I cringe when i see him try to work in the post.

Y2Gezee
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I think he'll develop into a consistent scorer, and he is physical on the glass.

But, he's a 3rd option probably at this point. I recently saw some trade threads in regards to Amare, and saw something about Blake. Then I thought to myself, that if Blake Griffin isn't a 11 rebound per game type guy he's not even the offensive player that Amare is or even close at this point in their careers. Defensively its about a wash. Just the youth factor.

Ikill
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I think he'll develop into a consistent scorer, and he is physical on the glass.

But, he's a 3rd option probably at this point. I recently saw some trade threads in regards to Amare, and saw something about Blake. Then I thought to myself, that if Blake Griffin isn't a 11 rebound per game type guy he's not even the offensive player that Amare is or even close at this point in their careers. Defensively its about a wash. Just the youth factor.
Blake is an average defender Amare is terrible

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 04:41 PM
clipperfan what do u have to say about this

flipogb
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
I blame Crawford, he ruins teams

DuMa
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
hes in a funk. what is really concerning is that he and cp3 hasnt been able to nail the pick and roll play yet.

Haymaker
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Don't expect any more than a Shawn Kemp-esque career out of Griffin, and you won't be upset.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
His lack of a skillset on the offensive side of the ball is a HUGE concern for me. Dude has a limited post and face-up game, and his jumper has this weird hitch-like form. It looks like garbage.

I dont blame CP3 for not going to him late in games. He's a ****ing joke in crunchtime. :oldlol:

RRR3
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
His lack of a skillset on the offensive side of the ball is a HUGE concern for me. Dude has a limited post and face-up game, and his jumper has this weird hitch-like form. It looks like garbage.

I dont blame CP3 for not going to him late in games. He's a ****ing joke in crunchtime. :oldlol:
This. Are people seriously going to fault CP3 for not trusting Blake in close games? Why should he? :confusedshrug: Blake hasn't done anything in those situations to inspire confidence.

ballsohard247
11-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Not until he develops a jumpshot. He can victimize shotblockers who don't know how to play actual defense and drop 40 and face Timmy or even LMA and stuggle HARD. It's a really apparent hole in his game.

NuggetsFan
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I think the biggest thing people forget is during his rookie season he threw those numbers up as the focus of an offense on a team that was going nowhere. Now? He's on a very good basketball team. He was never going to be the 25\12\4 big men people thought on a championship level squad.

He'll be more than a 14\10 guy but the comparisons to Duncan\KG early in his career have become foolish because he'll never have their defensive impact and he probably never carries teams offensively like those two did.

Good player, too much hype\expectations early on. People shouldn't have expected a statistical spike from his rookie season, the better the Clippers got the more his numbers came back down to earth. An All-Star level PF, not the next coming some expected after his rookie year.

Suckafree
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Why can't he just work on a straight two foot jump hook from the post. He can out jump anybody so why not work on that? Instead of all these other weird post moves he does

KeyNote
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't see him being top 5 at any point until he can develop a consistent 18 foot jumper, hit his FTs somewhere around a 70-75% clip, and use his ridiculous athleticism more to become a great defender..

Until that happens defenders are just gonna foul him and leave him a lot of space to take the jumper and clog the paint vs cp3...he also gets lost on defense way too often

ralph_i_el
11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Why can't he just work on a straight two foot jump hook from the post. He can out jump anybody so why not work on that? Instead of all these other weird post moves he does

because he's not that tall or long so it's harder to get that shot off clean than it is to just out quickness people

Whoah10115
11-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Griffin's a top player. Please.

Odinn
When he stops being a show-off and take the game seriously, he might have a chance to become an all-time great. If he keeps his arrogant attitude, he will stay as a empty stat sheet.

RRR3
Griffin's a top player. Please.
Top 20 or 25 maybe.

Whoah10115
11-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Top 20 or 25 maybe.

Not the biggest insult in the world, plus upside.

knickswin
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
did he like not start playing basketball until he was 16 or something?

Money 23
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Don't expect any more than a Shawn Kemp-esque career out of Griffin, and you won't be upset.
That's an insult to Kemp. He was arguably more athletic. Was clearly a superior defender, and was way more skilled on offense.

NumberSix
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm actually starting to like Blake Griffin......... That feels so weird to say.

outbreak
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I think the biggest thing people forget is during his rookie season he threw those numbers up as the focus of an offense on a team that was going nowhere. Now? He's on a very good basketball team. He was never going to be the 25\12\4 big men people thought on a championship level squad.

He'll be more than a 14\10 guy but the comparisons to Duncan\KG early in his career have become foolish because he'll never have their defensive impact and he probably never carries teams offensively like those two did.

Good player, too much hype\expectations early on. People shouldn't have expected a statistical spike from his rookie season, the better the Clippers got the more his numbers came back down to earth. An All-Star level PF, not the next coming some expected after his rookie year.

This post hits the nail on the head. He put up good stats on a horrible team as the focal point. Now that their winning he won't be the go to guy offensively. In no means is he a bad player though but he isn't a one man army dominant every one and win type player.

Levity
11-06-2012, 07:31 PM
clipperfan what do u have to say about this

He was ready to trade him last night. :lol

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 07:33 PM
not trying to hate BTW, griffin is one of my favorite players

Thechosen1
11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
blake needs to work with david west so he can turn into that for chris paul.....thats the player blake should turn into

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
He was ready to trade him last night. :lol
:oldlol: this guy

RRR3
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
blake needs to work with david west so he can turn into that for chris paul.....thats the player blake should turn into
If he learned how to shoot like David West, I bet CP3 wouldn't ignore him in the 4th quarter anymore.

Segatti
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
His game would improve if he could hit free throws.

Lebron23
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Blake needs to develop his post game, and improves his mid range jumper. Griffin just came back after his injury, but he also struggled in the playoffs againts a 36 yrs.old Tim Duncan.

Money 23
11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
He tried to foolishly take people off the dribble way too much for my liking for a PF.

outbreak
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Clips should try and trade him for LMA or Smith or something. With their current line up they should be trying to enter win now mode.

Chrono90
11-06-2012, 08:03 PM
No. He's athletic but not skilled

Clippersfan86
11-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Blake's game is actually more refined. His D, jumper and free throws are much improved. Mentally he seems to have become as weak as his teammate DJ and Kwame Brown. First time something doesn't go his way he folds. Worst part is he looks scared out there right now like he doesn't want the ball and when he gets ot he passes it.

As for CP3 he has still failed to utilize Griffin the way Baron did. He holds the ball 20 seconds and kicks to shooters. Can't give Griffin the ball with 4 seconds and expect him to create and finish. I'd do a CP3 for Rondo swap purely because I think Rondo would grt Griffin going every game and give him more confidence in turn. Clippers offense is at it's best going through Griffin. Taking tons of 3's and CP3 playing hero ball in 4th isn't sustainable.

Overall though I am very disappointed in Griffin mainly for how passive and soft he's becoming.

plowking
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
I've been saying it the whole time while hes been getting love over Aldridge and Bosh while hes been in the league. There is no way in hell I'd take him over those two players. He gets all the hype and media accolades, but hes not as good as those two.

Ikill
11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Blake's game is actually more refined. His D, jumper and free throws are much improved. Mentally he seems to have become as weak as his teammate DJ and Kwame Brown. First time something doesn't go his way he folds. Worst part is he looks scared out there right now like he doesn't want the ball and when he gets ot he passes it.

As for CP3 he has still failed to utilize Griffin the way Baron did. He holds the ball 20 seconds and kicks to shooters. Can't give Griffin the ball with 4 seconds and expect him to create and finish. I'd do a CP3 for Rondo swap purely because I think Rondo would grt Griffin going every game and give him more confidence in turn. Clippers offense is at it's best going through Griffin. Taking tons of 3's and CP3 playing hero ball in 4th isn't sustainable.

Overall though I am very disappointed in Griffin mainly for how passive and soft he's becoming.
Blake just doesn't seem comfortable he never seems to actually be in rhythm his situations is very similar to Wades. If your not in rhythm if your not getting the proper touches your going to lose your focus your attitude is going to change.

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 08:42 PM

yea man I agree with all that except rondo for paul. last thing clippers need is another guy that can't shoot all that well.

Ikill
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
yea man I agree with all that except rondo for paul. last thing clippers need is another guy that can't shoot all that well.
Baron Davis couldn't shoot he worked a lot better with Blake

notatop29pg
11-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Personally i think he is just another dumb uber athlete.

However... develop a mid range J and its game over for the league imo. There isnt a pg in the league that is going to "improve" Blake Griffin, he needs to take it on himself. Layoff the benchpress and start working on the jumper, 2 seasons and it hasnt changed, no excuses for that.

whats Rondo going to do? Its not nba 2k13 so his passes arent going to increase blakes shots in rhythm success rate by 20%.

kmartshopper
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
true, clips did suck tho, but it was good for griffin

Ikill
11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Personally i think he is just another dumb uber athlete.

However... develop a mid range J and its game over for the league imo. There isnt a pg in the league that is going to "improve" Blake Griffin, he needs to take it on himself. Layoff the benchpress and start working on the jumper, 2 seasons and it hasnt changed, no excuses for that.

whats Rondo going to do? Its not nba 2k13 so his passes arent going to increase blakes shots in rhythm success rate by 20%.
He doesn't need a point guard to improve his game he needs a point guard that will allow to play his game. Blake is not getting his proper rhythm by playing with so many ball handlers which is causing him to lose focus. Blake is not dumb before coming to the NBA one of his best qualities was supposed to be his BBIQ. His decision making has gotten worse but not because he's a dumb player its the same reason Wades shot selection and decision making has gotten worse. Blakes shot did improve last year shot 4% better from mid range attempted more shots even though had less fga and was assisted on less.

notatop29pg
11-06-2012, 09:25 PM
He doesn't need a point guard to improve his game he needs a point guard that will allow to play his game. Blake is not getting his proper rhythm by playing with so many ball handlers which is causing him to lose focus. Blake is not dumb before coming to the NBA one of his best qualities was supposed to be his BBIQ. His decision making has gotten worse but not because he's a dumb player its the same reason Wades shot selection and decision making has gotten worse. Blakes shot did improve last year shot 4% better from mid range attempted more shots even though had less fga and was assisted on less.

What exactly is "his game" though? We all know he can catch a lob and has above average handles, but now his defenders are just going to sag off him and guard the rim because he isnt a reliable threat outside of 8 feet.

His post ups are okay when he doesnt think he has horns, and CP3 hands him the ball in post ups for pretty much the 1st half of most games. everybody says they need to run, but you cant get out and run when youre 15 foot from the rim chasing blocks while letting the opposition get 2nd chances over and over again.

I'm not trying to bash the guy... as id love to see the Clippers win a ring, but at some point these guys have got to stop playing like they are owed something. Once Blake is dangerous from mid range.. these guys will be nasty. Until then, they are going to win and loose games according to whether CP3, Butler and Crawfords jumpers are falling and DJ is boxing out properly.

RRR3
11-06-2012, 09:36 PM
:facepalm @ the Clippers being better going through Flake Flippin

brandonislegend
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Been saying all along that Blake Griffin is the most overrated player in the NBA in terms of impact.

Whoah10115
11-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Blake Griffin is a great player and probably has more upside than any PF in the league. I hate to say this because I love both Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge, but it's the truth...if anything, Aldridge with his touch (think Karl Malone getting older) and Kevin Love's...Kevin Loveness...these are the 3 best guys going forward. If Anthony Davis is a 4, then of course him too.

Blake Griffin has great ball-handling ability, has much more ability and potential in the post than people pretend, can pass the ball, and is just freakin good. Shawn Kemp was great, but Blake Griffin will absolutely pass him.

Ikill
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
What exactly is "his game" though? We all know he can catch a lob and has above average handles, but now his defenders are just going to sag off him and guard the rim because he isnt a reliable threat outside of 8 feet.

His post ups are okay when he doesnt think he has horns, and CP3 hands him the ball in post ups for pretty much the 1st half of most games. everybody says they need to run, but you cant get out and run when youre 15 foot from the rim chasing blocks while letting the opposition get 2nd chances over and over again.

I'm not trying to bash the guy... as id love to see the Clippers win a ring, but at some point these guys have got to stop playing like they are owed something. Once Blake is dangerous from mid range.. these guys will be nasty. Until then, they are going to win and loose games according to whether CP3, Butler and Crawfords jumpers are falling and DJ is boxing out properly.
He needs more time to create his own offence if he gets more time to just play with the ball he'll be more in rhythm. Blake is not good as an off the ball player he's not a consistent shooter he's not good at pick and roll and he does not have the length to do quick turnarounds or hooks.

Collie
11-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Isn't kinda weird that former ROYs like Blake and Evans are actually regressing? I would have bet that Evans would have been on the level of DWade by now, and Blake a 25-12-5 player.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2012, 10:52 PM
He needs more time to create his own offence if he gets more time to just play with the ball he'll be more in rhythm. Blake is not good as an off the ball player he's not a consistent shooter he's not good at pick and roll and he does not have the length to do quick turnarounds or hooks.

You're spot on as usual when it comes to the Clips. Respect for knowing your shit.

BEAST Griffin
11-06-2012, 11:44 PM
The Chris Paul system that's being run doesn't suit Blake Griffin at all. The game needs a little more pace and he needs more plays run through him and more touches otherwise his talent is wasted.

He is an impact player, just not as much in this system. And if you want to point out the Clippers crappy record in his first season just take a look at the roster he was playing with. Him and EJ started to get rolling too before EJ got injured.

He's not putting up less stats because the team is good, he's putting up less stats because of how the system has changed and is not allowing him to be Blake Griffin any more.

The Chris Paul trade is looking more and more like a mistake for Blake Griffin's development.

NumberSix
11-07-2012, 12:43 AM
BG is a really good player and one of the top PFs in the league. The problem is some like to act like he is one of the elite players of the league.

Clippersfan86
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
BG is a really good player and one of the top PFs in the league. The problem is some like to act like he is one of the elite players of the league.

I always thought he was mentally special in terms of confidence, attitude and focus but that's his problem right now.

RRR3
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I always thought he was mentally special in terms of confidence, attitude and focus but that's his problem right now.
Stop blaming CP3 for Blake's faults, too :no: It's ridiculous how ungrateful you have become towards Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA" Paul

bluechox2
11-07-2012, 01:08 AM
still think blake is good...just some guys around him bring his game down

one guy mentions crawford... i can see how great it is seeing a guy off the bench score so many points, but crawford takes away from the other guys.

Clippersfan86
11-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Stop blaming CP3 for Blake's faults, too :no: It's ridiculous how ungrateful you have become towards Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA" Paul

I don't think you understand because you haven't watched every single game like I have. CP3 is incredible and IS a top 5 player and the Clippers best player. Doesn't mean he's not hurting Griffin's development because it's clear as hell to see that he is. Like I said Griffin isn't good enough right now to where you can dribble around in circles for 20 seconds and give him the ball with 4 seconds left and expect him to do something. He's a rhythm player as Ikill said who needs a few seconds to set up and go into a move.

The numbers absolutely support the claim that CP3 hasn't been as good for Griffin as previously predicted and beyond the numbers I've said it since early last season. Baron was looking for Griffin nonstop in the paint where as CP3 treats Blake like a 4th option and would pass to Crawford, Billups, Butler, DJ etc before Griffin which is wrong.

CP3 promised two things this year.

1. He would push the tempo.

2. He would feed Blake more and get him involved more.

He's absolutely pushing the tempo as the Clippers are top 10 right now after being 28th last year. He's doing a terrible job getting Blake in good positions though and is hardly running PNR at all. It's CP3's job as the best PG on the team, the team's leader and the primary ballhandler to get Griffin touches and get him going every single game.

Like I said... Rondo would turn Griffin into a 25+ ppg player right away I believe.

RRR3
11-07-2012, 02:26 AM
I don't think you understand because you haven't watched every single game like I have. CP3 is incredible and IS a top 5 player and the Clippers best player. Doesn't mean he's not hurting Griffin's development because it's clear as hell to see that he is. Like I said Griffin isn't good enough right now to where you can dribble around in circles for 20 seconds and give him the ball with 4 seconds left and expect him to do something. He's a rhythm player as Ikill said who needs a few seconds to set up and go into a move.

The numbers absolutely support the claim that CP3 hasn't been as good for Griffin as previously predicted and beyond the numbers I've said it since early last season. Baron was looking for Griffin nonstop in the paint where as CP3 treats Blake like a 4th option and would pass to Crawford, Billups, Butler, DJ etc before Griffin which is wrong.

CP3 promised two things this year.

1. He would push the tempo.

2. He would feed Blake more and get him involved more.

He's absolutely pushing the tempo as the Clippers are top 10 right now after being 28th last year. He's doing a terrible job getting Blake in good positions though and is hardly running PNR at all. It's CP3's job as the best PG on the team, the team's leader and the primary ballhandler to get Griffin touches and get him going every single game.

Like I said... Rondo would turn Griffin into a 25+ ppg player right away I believe.
Rondo can't get the Celtics offense out of the crapper, what makes you think he'd make the Clippers better? And did you ever think of the fact that a team isn't going anywhere with Griffin scoring 25 PPG? :confusedshrug: CP3 uses Blake as he sees fit, I would assume, he obviously doesn't think Blake is good enough to receive more touches.

Whoah10115
11-07-2012, 03:25 AM
If Paul is hurting Griffin's development then Blake Griffin is hurting Blake Griffin's development.

This is ridiculous.

Clippersfan86
11-07-2012, 03:36 AM
If Paul is hurting Griffin's development then Blake Griffin is hurting Blake Griffin's development.

This is ridiculous.

You think CP3 is utilizing Griffin well? I think he's proven he'd rather kick out to Butler or Crawford for ISO's and pass to DJ in the paint than feed Griffin.

bdreason
11-07-2012, 04:02 AM
He's a good offensive player, who could become a great offensive player. I'm not sure his defense will ever be legit though. His 20/10 nights are never going to translate like a Duncan or KG 20/10 night.

Whoah10115
11-07-2012, 04:26 AM
You think CP3 is utilizing Griffin well? I think he's proven he'd rather kick out to Butler or Crawford for ISO's and pass to DJ in the paint than feed Griffin.

You could argue that Paul should focus more on Griffin, but I can't see how Griffin's development is being impeded or or slowed down.

Griffin can get his own shot. He doesn't need Paul to feed him. The Clippers offense isn't even existent, as a system. The only thing they do well is that the big men are great off the ball and running the floor. And Paul finds Griffin plenty there.

Now, we could argue about Caron Butler, because I think he's useless on this team. He just wants ISO all day long and his jumpshot isn't good enough for the game he's trying to play. But I can't say that Paul is holding Griffin back. Blake has got to take it himself.

NumberSix
11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
http://www.irunnerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/raisins.jpg

notatop29pg
11-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Paul hits Blake in rhythm plenty of times every single game, Blake just stutters/half dribbles, takes a step then the moment is past. Blake is a big man, and the NBA is built on pick and roll, its time he learnt it.

DJ and Blake are force fed for the opening minutes of every single game until Paul gets over seeing DJ dribble off his feet and pull off some awful looking post moves or Blake just burrows his head into stuff.

Problem with Blake is there isnt enough value in getting him heaps of touches. On his post ups he gets in trouble (4 turnovers/game) OR he gets fouled and blows the freebies.

I'm sorry but if you're not passing it to Caron and Jamal right now you're retarded, those two are going off.

Yeah Paul is passive, get over it.... he's been that way since day 1. Gets everyone else involved before himself and still gets close to 20 and 10.

Take it from a guy that has watched every hornets game of CP3's Hornets career. You cry now, but theres a reason why the clippers come back EVERY single game, the same thing happened at NO. Soon as Paul decides its time... Unfortunately he has learnt the hard way, a 6" pg in this league isnt going to win a ring solo. Time for the other guys to step up. Super Blake is currently being outplayed by two guys over 30.

Ikill
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Blake Griffin averaged 29 points on 60% in 2012 playoffs when Paul wasn't on the court and this year 32 points on 100% shooting.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Chris-Paul-vs-Blake-Griffin|101108,201933;year=201213;season=r

notatop29pg
11-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Blake Griffin averaged 29 points on 60% in 2012 playoffs when Paul wasn't on the court and this year 32 points on 100% shooting.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Chris-Paul-vs-Blake-Griffin|101108,201933;year=201213;season=r

9 minutes total and 44 minutes total isnt really an impressive sample size.

On the other hand.. check out the two entire regular seasons prior for a sample size. Blake barely changes... while CP3 takes the hit.

Punpun
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Holy hell, cp86 is actually dissing mother****ing Chris Paul. Is this guy for real ?

RRR3
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Holy hell, cp86 is actually dissing mother****ing Chris Paul. Is this guy for real ?
Exactly. It's clear where his allegiances lie

Nero Tulip
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
The thing he's good at is finishing off good passes, alley oops, etc. I think it's actually better for him to stick to screening and dunking. He can iso against bad defenders but he's not reliable. The thing that would really make him better is if he developed a reliable mid-range jumper. I saw he changed his form this year but he still looks pretty bad.

Darius
11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
He's playing hurt:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/griffin-376836-burst-playing.html

Nonetheless, he did get overrated due to his dunking etc.

He's a very good player but not a great player.

He might be able to get to great if he refines his face-up game but he needs some work.

Clippersfan86
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Exactly. It's clear where his allegiances lie

My allegiance lies to the team and what's best for the team. I've ripped Blake too. Bottom line is as the floor general and Clippers best player CP3 takes a large part of this blame.

CavaliersFTW
11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
My allegiance lies to the team and what's best for the team. I've ripped Blake too. Bottom line is as the floor general and Clippers best player CP3 takes a large part of this blame.
How come that team on paper is so dominant but isn't getting it done so far this season? I was actually pleasantly surprised by Deandre and Blake's moves in the post last game against the Cavs (ambidextrous hook shot anyone!?) - with those kind of weapons in the front court and CP3's backcourt + that teams 6th man... I mean damn, lots of potential but they don't even seem to be trying to gel wtf is wrong with them right now? A loss isn't a big deal but I just didn't see any effort, only frustration and disinterest. Maybe some internal lockerroom issues a-la Kobe/Shaq feud? I heard Blake does not like Cp3's playing style

ashlar
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Guy is one of the most overrated players at the moment. He is a top 20-25 player at best. His game is all flash and no substance. He freezes out like what Lebron used to do at the end of games because he has no go to move and his ft shooting is ass. And lol @ the notion that CP3 has to adjust to him. He's just a poor man's shawn kemp right now.

senelcoolidge
11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Griffin is improving. With such a stacked team he's no longer the #1 option. He played hurt during that Spurs series. He's playing hurt right now (elbow, bursitis) and that could be the reason he's tentative to start the season. He's really good. Better than most of the big men in the league. His mid range is improving and it will get there. His defense has improved. He has post moves. He's getting there. I agree that sometimes the team goes away from him and just starts shooting too much. He's an excellent passer most of the time and has a knack for finding the open man. So they should utilize him more. Not just at the beginning of the game and the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Griffin also spends too much time outside and that hurts his rebounding numbers.

Clippersfan86
11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
How come that team on paper is so dominant but isn't getting it done so far this season? I was actually pleasantly surprised by Deandre and Blake's moves in the post last game against the Cavs (ambidextrous hook shot anyone!?) - with those kind of weapons in the front court and CP3's backcourt + that teams 6th man... I mean damn, lots of potential but they don't even seem to be trying to gel wtf is wrong with them right now? A loss isn't a big deal but I just didn't see any effort, only frustration and disinterest. Maybe some internal lockerroom issues a-la Kobe/Shaq feud? I heard Blake does not like Cp3's playing style

Where do I start? Coaching and rotations are still atrocious. Like others have said the team acts entitled like they have done something, crying to refs, not playing hard etc. No direction or identity with Vinny. Chris Paul seems to be allergic to shooting and feeding Blake and Blake seems to have the confidence of Kwame Brown. Still good enough to get to second round but I've had to drop my expectations a ton last few days.

The Clippers have zero shot at WCF for the forseeable future until they correct all of these things starting with firing Vinny. It's almost like I got caught up in all the hype myself and forgot that Vinny is still coach.

hotsizzle
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
He is good because he is a freak. In terms of actual basketball skill, he is really not that good.

Micku
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Griffin is good, but he has potential to be greater if he improve on his skills. The Clippers would only get so far in the playoffs depending on Griffin and his level of play imo. We know what CP3 can do, and Griffin has to step up to the next level in order to get far in the playoffs.

Griffin is an athletic beast. He is good passer and great ball handling skills for a guy his size. Great on the fastbreak. His post moves needs polishing, and he gets by on his athletic ability with his awkwardness. He's off to a bad start by his standards, but we'll see where he ends up by the end of the year.