PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown: Nash shouldnt run the picknroll because it has never won a title

Rekindled
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/264144848213381122

IGOTGAME
11-01-2012, 09:49 PM
that isn't what he said.

Remember, that is what he ran with Lebron in Cleveland too.

Also, Mike Brown in right not to run that Nash-centric offense. with that type of offense it shuts down when you stop the pg or main distributor. It is way to easy for playoff teams to stop this version of Nash and it would be hard to start playing a whole new way in the playoffs. Nash has to fit in. He is the 4th best player on the team and has to find away to apply his talents to the team concept. Lol @ getting mad Brown for putting in a read and react offense.

Rekindled
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
that isn't what he said.

Also, Mike Brown in right not to run that Nash-centric offense. with that type of offense it shuts down when you stop the pg or main distributor. It is way to easy for playoff teams to stop this version of Nash and it would be hard to start playing a whole new way in the playoffs. Nash has to fit in. He is the 4th best player on the team and has to find away to apply his talents to the team concept. Lol @ getting mad Brown for putting in a read and react offense.

mike brown is that you?

princeton offense is the worst offense ever created, it hasnt won in the nba, hasnt won in NCAA, hasnt won in Europe, why do you think nash the greatest offensive player in the past decade should just stop doing what he does best and confine to Mike Brown.

sportsfan76
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
mike brown is that you?

princeton offense is the worst offense ever created, it hasnt won in the nba, hasnt won in NCAA, hasnt won in Europe, why do you think nash the greatest offensive player in the past decade should just stop doing what he does best and confine to Mike Brown.

It also got Eddie Jordan fired in Philadelphia

longtime lurker
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Where's that Jerry Seinfeld gif where he gets up and starts to leave the theartre? That's how I feel reading this quote from Mike Brown.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
mike brown is that you?

1. Lets talk about now. Not 5 years ago. Right now, Nash is the 4th best player on his own team. He is not a top 10 point guard in the NBA. He own team would be better off with 15 other pgs.

2. This is only the Princeton offense in name. In reality it is just a basic read and react motion offense with some Princeton elements.

3. Nash shouldn't be allowed to run pick and rolls all day because it turns Kobe into a spot up shooter and takes away from the dominant post presence that this team has.

4. Nash shouldn't play Nash ball because he is also too old to handle the minutes in such an offense. It really wouldn't be hard to shut down this version of Nash in the post season. He can't stay on balance and get to his spots all the time now. What would ultimately happen is that they will shut down Nash and then the team will ask Kobe/Howard to bail them out. Why not put in an offense that allows everyone to play a role/not spend time being a decoy.

DukeDelonte13
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
mike brown is that you?

nash the greatest offensive player in the past decade?

:kobe:

Mr Know It All
11-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Where's that Jerry Seinfeld gif where he gets up and starts to leave the theartre? That's how I feel reading this quote from Mike Brown.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/BBrulz82/seinfeld/jerryimout.gif

Whoah10115
11-01-2012, 10:09 PM
1. Lets talk about now. Not 5 years ago. Right now, Nash is the 4th best player on his own team. He is not a top 10 point guard in the NBA. He own team would be better off with 15 other pgs.

Don't know if you made any good points after this, as I stopped reading.

Terrible.

FireDavidKahn
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
What does Mike Brown know about winning a title?

IGOTGAME
11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
What does Mike Brown know about winning a title?

he does know about spamming pick and roll and winning a lot of regular season games but losing in the Finals. He has realized that it doesn't work. Nothing wrong with that.

Reverend Hoops
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Why get Nash if you don't want him to play Nash ball though? He is a horrendous defender. He is a good shooter, but so is Steve Blake/Derek Fisher.

longtime lurker
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/BBrulz82/seinfeld/jerryimout.gif

Repped :cheers: thank you

longtime lurker
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Why get Nash if you don't want him to play Nash ball though? He is a horrendous defender. He is a good shooter, but so is Steve Blake/Derek Fisher.

Same reason you get Sessions and then insists on dumping the ball to Bynum on every play. Mike Brown logic

BarberSchool
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
It also got Eddie Jordan fired in PhiladelphiaIf this is what it takes to get Mike Brown fired in Los Angeles, I'm all for it.

I'm not a lakers fan, but I am a severe Mike Brown hater.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM

-Lakers needed shooting. Blake and Nash are no where near the shooter Steve is.

-Nash has the opportunity to run p&r within the offense.

Rekindled
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM

2. This is only the Princeton offense in name. In reality it is just a basic read and react motion offense with some Princeton elements.

3. Nash shouldn't be allowed to run pick and rolls all day because it turns Kobe into a spot up shooter and takes away from the dominant post presence that this team has.

4. Nash shouldn't play Nash ball because he is also too old to handle the minutes in such an offense. It really wouldn't be hard to shut down this version of Nash in the post season. He can't stay on balance and get to his spots all the time now. What would ultimately happen is that they will shut down Nash and then the team will ask Kobe/Howard to bail them out. Why not put in an offense that allows everyone to play a role/not spend time being a decoy.

stopped reading after this. Nash led nba in assists,led all guards in FG% and was an allstar last year.

Rowe
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM
that isn't what he said.

No, he did not.

Eddie Jordan was brought in for the Princeton offense.

Jordan ran an inverted Princeton Offense in Washington.

Dictator
11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
stopped reading after this. Nash led nba in assists,led all guards in FG% and was an allstar last year.

I don't think Nash is gonna be a top ten pg this year.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
No, he did not.

Eddie Jordan was brought in for the Princeton offense.

Jordan ran an inverted Princeton Offense in Washington.

you misunderstood. I said Brown ran a pick and roll centric offense in Cleveland guy.

Rekindled
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
you misunderstood. I said Brown ran a pick and roll centric offense in Cleveland guy.

rofl no. he didnt run a pick and roll offense in cleveland, do you even watch the same nba?

DatAsh
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
nash the greatest offensive player in the past decade?

:kobe:

There's actually quite a bit of evidence to support that claim.

dbk123
11-01-2012, 10:46 PM
dis nig*a needs to get knocked the **** out

poido123
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Are you serious? Kobe needs to be a spot up shooter on this team. If nash cant do what nash does, this team will not function properly. Nash is so crafty that the big guys down low wont need to post up as much, since nash would be creating havoc with his passes and getting the big guys open looks near the basket.

Do you want the team to win? Or do you only care how many shots Kobe gets :facepalm

Levity
11-02-2012, 12:38 AM
maybe im just high, but everything im reading in this thread is confusing me.

chazzy
11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
He's saying the team shouldn't exclusively run pick and roll, not that they should never run it.

ClutchOver9000
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
http://unit-pic.twittweb.com/img/original/a8/a830007bd9fb430c9e8f4d89a2497b30.gif

http://cjzero.com/gifs/mikeborwnwhat_1.gif

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-02-2012, 12:44 AM

Lol

IGOTGAME
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Are you serious? Kobe needs to be a spot up shooter on this team. If nash cant do what nash does, this team will not function properly. Nash is so crafty that the big guys down low wont need to post up as much, since nash would be creating havoc with his passes and getting the big guys open looks near the basket.

Do you want the team to win? Or do you only care how many shots Kobe gets :facepalm

You are thinking short term wins. Nash is old. He doesn't have the balance and quickness to create offense consistently against teams SAS, Memphis, OKC and Miami in the playoffs. The goal isn't to win regular season games. The only way this old team beats them is with an offensive system. I'm not saying run Kobe-ball, I'm saying run a damn motion offense.

If Nash is such a great pg he should be to manipulate the Princeton offense and be an efficient and effective pg within it. Jason Kidd did by making good cuts to create passing angles and making the best of his opportunities. I hope Nash can do the same thing, if not it is gonna be hard overcoming his piss poor defense.

G-Funk
11-02-2012, 12:46 AM
He made some valid points, Why be a one trick pony? Come playoff time if the offense is ran one way, teams will take away ur best offensive option and the lakers will be pretty screwed with no other type of offense to fall back on. In this case, Lakers are trying to learn the p-offense so they won't depend on the pick n roll only.

Also said Nash does not want to run the pick n roll so much...

G-Funk
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
He's saying the team shouldn't exclusively run pick and roll, not that they should never run it.
this

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/11/01/121101Brownmov-2273701

bdreason
11-02-2012, 01:50 AM
So they paid Nash 9 mil to be a spot up shooter? :confusedshrug:

This offense they are trying to run is a joke, and has never worked at the NBA level. It will be abandoned within a month.

kNicKz
11-02-2012, 01:55 AM
He is not a top 10 point guard in the NBA.

That's a wild call out

Lebron23
11-02-2012, 02:01 AM
So they paid Nash 9 mil to be a spot up shooter? :confusedshrug:

This offense they are trying to run is a joke, and has never worked at the NBA level. It will be abandoned within a month.

Daniel Gibson 2.0

Walker
11-02-2012, 02:42 AM
You are thinking short term wins. Nash is old. He doesn't have the balance and quickness to create offense consistently against teams SAS, Memphis, OKC and Miami in the playoffs. The goal isn't to win regular season games. The only way this old team beats them is with an offensive system. I'm not saying run Kobe-ball, I'm saying run a damn motion offense.

If Nash is such a great pg he should be to manipulate the Princeton offense and be an efficient and effective pg within it. Jason Kidd did by making good cuts to create passing angles and making the best of his opportunities. I hope Nash can do the same thing, if not it is gonna be hard overcoming his piss poor defense.
Just out of interest.
Name the planet and year you're in right now..

Cause you are clearly totally out of sinc with everyone else's reality.

dabulls23
11-02-2012, 03:32 AM
this

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/11/01/121101Brownmov-2273701
:applause:

IGOTGAME
11-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Just out of interest.
Name the planet and year you're in right now..

Cause you are clearly totally out of sinc with everyone else's reality.
I'll take that as a compliment.

Godzuki
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM
the bottom line to me is no matter what excuses people want to make for their current offense, its just completely unacceptable to run so few iso's or pick n rolls at all in their first 2 games given their talent in relation to every other team. i don't think they ran one pick n roll in their first game, and maybe tried a few in their second at most. meanwhile they continue to flounder all thru the preseason and their first 2 games when there have been such high expectations.

anyone who isn't blind can see how poorly their current offense utilizes their talent. why the fukk would you be passing it around everywhere to whoevers open in some team ball based system when you're so individually talented? if you had a bunch of scrubs that can't win their matchups i can get that. i mean logically speaking and from what everyone is visibly watching, how the fukk does that make sense? :facepalm theres just so much they're doing that makes no sense in relation to their talent like slow down halfcourt ball when you got rid of your immobile big man for someone who is much more mobile, got a PG that is known for pushing the temp which opens up lanes and easy baskets, and they have the most talented starting lineup in the NBA but want to keep games close by slowing it down :wtf:

HorryIsMyMVP
11-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry but noone ever actually stopped Nash and Amare. It was more Amare's defensive struggles and rebounding problems. I don't think this team would have those issues. With dwight and gasol.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'll take that as a compliment.

You take being completely delusional as a compliment? Wait..don't answer that.

rodman91
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Not top 10 poing guard anymore... :lol

http://i.imgur.com/V26Ml.gif

Yung D-Will
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Who ever implied Mike Brown understands how to run an offense with multiple ballhandlers?

KeyNote
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
In this offense Gasol has the ball WAY too much at the top of the floor...I mean, gasol is a good passer and all, but some of the TOs come from other teams pressuring him and him not being able to respond well..because he's 7 feet and not too quick

I've even seen MWP with the ball dribbling which is the scariest thing in the NBA

I'd much rather nash or kobe have the ball generating the O

A writer tweeted something along the lines of "the Lakers FINALLY have a legit PG and they have no idea how to use him"

http://nballin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/17-placid-mike-brown.jpg

che guevara
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
The mistake people are making here is assuming the Suns offense with Nash got worse in the playoffs. It didn't, the problem was the defensive end.

If you didn't get Nash to have him run the offense, there's no reason to have him.

Y2Gezee
11-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I love the Princeton offense, but this team needs to look for easy transition and secondary transition buckets first. Then run your halfcourt offense, when things aren't flowing right.

But they also have to give all 3 of Pau/Kobe/Dwight iso opportunities also, as they can all be one on one advantages. For teams like the Kidd Nets/and the Kings it worked because they were at the top of the league in terms of transition scoring. I'd say neither of those teams had the one on one ability of this team also, or even close, but the Princeton can work for the Lakers. It just shouldn't be forced. More like a fall back plan to get good shots, when the offense is too disjointed.