10-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Up to 21 who wins?

scandisk_
10-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Up to 21 who wins?

could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Kobe and LBJ

G-Funk
10-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Is this a joke? Prime Kobe and Lebron are on Jordan prime level. Magic and Jordan vs Kobe and Lebron makes a better argument. Dont wanna take away from Pippen but he's more on Wades level.

upside24
10-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Kobe and LeBron for me.

KOBE143
10-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Pair Prime Kobe with any SF in the league and probably they still gonna win.. Prime Kobe was a beast 1 on 1 even Pippen the greatest perimeter defender and Jordan cant stop him..

ImmortalD24
10-20-2012, 01:44 AM
This is a no-brainer.. hell, replace LeBron with Rudy Gay and Kobe's team still wins imo.

jk

RedBlackAttack
10-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Pair Prime Kobe with any SF in the league and probably they still gonna win.. Prime Kobe was a beast 1 on 1 even Pippen the greatest perimeter defender and Jordan cant stop him..
Based on what exactly? That huge catalog of one-on-one games we are all privy to?

I love when people make statements completely based on opinion and attempt to use them as fact. I don't believe I've ever seen any of these guys play a single serious game of one-on-one.

Poochymama
10-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Based on what exactly? That huge catalog of one-on-one games we are all privy to?

I love when people make statements completely based on opinion and attempt to use them as fact. I don't believe I've ever seen any of these guys play a single serious game of one-on-one.

Kobe's the best one on one player ever and the most clutch player of his generation. You don't need facts to back up those statements, he just is.

If enough people say it's so, then it must be true.

andgar923
10-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Kobe and Bron

Kobe gets the ball at the top, forces jumper.

Bron gets the ball at the top, shakes his foot like a rabbit 3 times, dribbles passes to Kobe.

Kobe catches the ball gets double teamed, Bron stays at the 3pt line and Kobe forces a shot over the double even tho there's no shot clock

Next possession

AlonzoGOAT
10-20-2012, 01:58 AM

You're talking to a poster who's 14 years old never saw MJ play and thinks Kobe is number one in everything that you could possibly imagine. Hell look at his Avatar and location, dude would suck Kobe's **** if ever got a chance even if it meant killing him if Kobe declined.

Money 23
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
While MJ is easily the best of the 4 player, Pippen is easily the worst of the 4 players.

There is only so much MJ can do by himself, and in 2 v 2 it requires more solo scoring skills, which Pippen just doesn't have.

Pippen is in a tier or two lower in terms of scoring skill set than MJ / Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe and LeBron compliment each other just as well as MJ and Pippen in terms of chemistry on offense, while having none of MJ and Pips weaknesses. LeBron is the 2nd best player of the bunch, but he will gladly and selflessly help Kobe get going.

Just as we saw in this year's Olympics. And given LeBron is overly passive, and Kobe is overly aggressive ... they kind of balance each other out.

If you put prime MJ (90, 91, 92, 93) on LeBron or Kobe defensively, he's going to SEVERELY limit their games. LeBron's way too slow to beat MJ consistently off the dribble given MJ's lateral speed, anticipation and quick hands. And all he needs to worry about is Kobe's jumper.

I would put MJ on LeBron to be honest. LeBron plays point guard more than anything. It wasn't until 2012 that LeBron took advantage of his strengths in the post. He was still trying to beat old Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion off the dribble and couldn't. MJ would get in Bron's head with trash talk while keeping him off penetration. I'd let long arm Pippen stay in front of Kobe, and just contest his fadeaway and long jumpers.

I think MJ and Pip are the superior defensive group, while Kobe and LeBron are the superior offensive group. Just depends who gets hot I guess.

TheeBeast
10-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Jordan and Pippen- They have arguably the best chemistry between two players in the history of the nba. While Lebron and Kobe secretly hate each other :lol

Intangibles over a little more skill, plus Lebron wouldn't thrive like he does only having Kobe to pass to

MiamiThrice
10-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Jordan/Pippen

Kobe would hog the ball and take ill-advised shots because he'd be butthurt he wasn't the best on the team.(Think 2004 NBA Finals) .

D.J.
10-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Jordan and Pippen have proven chemistry, plus Pippen would have a ball with LeBron at the defensive end. And besides, Jordan wouldn't allow Kobe/LeBron to win.

jstern
10-20-2012, 04:41 AM
The fact that Pippen and Jordan played with each other for so many years gives then an unbelievable advantage if you can visualize it.

bdreason
10-20-2012, 05:16 AM
It could go either way obviously, but I'd take Jordan and Pipppen. I think Pippen could handle LeBron defensively in a half court setting, and I think MJ would eat Kobe for breakfast.

rodman91
10-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Prime Kobe & Lebron couldn't exist. Too much ball demanding, too much ego. On the other hand Pippen is perfect complimentary player to Jordan like player.

IGOTGAME
10-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I would go Jordan and Pippen. Better defensive players. I think they would have a much better shot of stopping them than the other way around.

Segatti
10-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Jordan/Pippen.

Kobe can't do everything alone.

I<3NBA
10-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Jordan and Pippen. teamwork > individual talent. that duo has infinity times more teamwork than Kobe and Lebron.

EnoughSaid
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Is this a joke? Prime Kobe and Lebron are on Jordan prime level. Magic and Jordan vs Kobe and Lebron makes a better argument. Dont wanna take away from Pippen but he's more on Wades level.

Wade's level? Prime Wade is up there with prime LeBron and Kobe. So I don't know what you're talking about.

macpierce
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
can pippen check lebron in the post? I dunno about that

andgar923
10-20-2012, 11:25 AM
can pippen check lebron in the post? I dunno about that
can kobe check MJ anywhere?

not a chance

eliteballer
10-20-2012, 11:34 AM
can kobe check MJ anywhere?

not a chance

If North Carolina Jerry Stackhouse can beat him 1 on 1, and Scott f*cking Burrell can take him to the limit 1 on 1......Kobe can hold his own.

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Pippen. By all accounts Jordan and Pippen went defended each other in practice and they were intense. Pippen would do fine.

I also feel you guys are overrating James post game.

eliteballer
10-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Pippen was a poor post defender....LeBron would have his way there.

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 11:40 AM
If North Carolina Jerry Stackhouse can beat him 1 on 1, and Scott f*cking Burrell can take him to the limit 1 on 1......Kobe can hold his own.
Good point. One on one/two on two setting ae much different from a team game. It becomes more about athleticism and ability to play defense staright up.

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Pippen was a poor post defender....LeBron would have his way there.
Lol Pippen wasn't a poor post defender. Get outta here with that. Prove it.

eliteballer
10-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Lol Pippen wasn't a poor post defender. Get outta here with that. Prove it.

Watch him try to guard Penny or Monster Mash.

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Watch him try to guard Penny or Monster Mash.
I could do that for anyone. I wouldn't say Pippen was a s great in the post as he was on the perimeter, but he was not poor

pauk
10-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Kobe & Lebron imo...

The overall talent difference between Lebron and Pippen is far greater than Jordan and Kobe...

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Kobe & Lebron imo...

The overall talent difference between Lebron and Pippen is far greater than Jordan and Kobe...
They're very similar talent wise. James is bulkier. Pippen has the length.

NumberSix
10-20-2012, 06:26 PM
MJ+Pip. Chemistry counts.

ihoopallday
10-20-2012, 06:31 PM
MJ+Pip. Chemistry counts.

This.

pauk
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Similar in gamestyle... but that is as far as it goes...

DKLaker
10-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Kobe and LeBron for me.

Easy :cheers:

arifgokcen
10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
However one is one of the best scorers of all time the other is not even top 100.That matters a lot in 2 vs 2

JellyBean
10-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Kobe/LBJ as well.

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 08:47 PM
However one is one of the best scorers of all time the other is not even top 100.That matters a lot in 2 vs 2
Pippen is conidered the alltime greatest perimeter defender.

arifgokcen
10-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Pippen is conidered the alltime greatest perimeter defender.
Ok let me ask you this can pippen lock down lebron.Because lebron can easily lock down pippen.Now pay attention.Lebron can lock down pippen not because he is a better defensive player but because of pippens offensive skills is not on par with lebron.

Anyway as great as pippen/jordan combo was,i would definitely pick lebron/kobe.

D.J.
10-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Ok let me ask you this can pippen lock down lebron.Because lebron can easily lock down pippen.Now pay attention.Lebron can lock down pippen not because he is a better defensive player but because of pippens offensive skills is not on par with lebron.

Anyway as great as pippen/jordan combo was,i would definitely pick lebron/kobe.

You're overrating LeBron's man D. It has certainly improved, but you're assuming he's going to automatically lock down Pip. Now on the other hand, Pippen would almost certainly lock down Bron. Jordan/Pippen have proven chemistry and better D in their favor.

lakerspng
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd just tell Pip and LeBron to have a seat and enjoy the real match with the rest of us. Prime Kobe vs Prime Jordan would be epic. They'd rip each other's heads off.

G-Funk
10-20-2012, 10:59 PM
If you put prime MJ (90, 91, 92, 93) on LeBron or Kobe defensively, he's going to SEVERELY limit their games. LeBron's way too slow to beat MJ consistently off the dribble given MJ's lateral speed, anticipation and quick hands. And all he needs to worry about is Kobe's jumper.

Yeah right, He was great cause he could hand check. As good as Pippen & Jordan are they are equal to Lebron & Kobe defensively. For exp. If Lebron could hand check Pippen, he would limit him to a low FG%

97 bulls
10-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah right, He was great cause he could hand check. As good as Pippen & Jordan are they are equal to Lebron & Kobe defensively. For exp. If Lebron could hand check Pippen, he would limit him to a low FG%
Well that goes both ways. If they couldn't hand check, Pippen would be a much better scorer

DatAsh
10-20-2012, 11:41 PM

By that same measure, couldn't you also say that Kobe and Lebron's scoring abilities are inflated because they don't have to face hand checks?

It's a double edge sword that cuts both ways.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Is this a joke? Prime Kobe and Lebron are on Jordan prime level.

:roll: @ both, but especially Kobe.

TheMan
10-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Jordan and Pippen

1. Chemistry, they played together while Kobe and LeBron haven't, that's a huge advantage for MJ and Pip.
2. Jordan and Pippen are much better off the ball players, Kobe and LBJ basically stand around when they don't have the ball, in other words, Kobe and LBJ would be forced into tougher shots because all they would do is try to beat their man 1 on 1 and we talking about 2 on 2 game here.
3. MJ won't let KB/LBJ beat him, GOAT goes beast mode...

Final score, 21-16

TheeBeast
10-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Jordan and Pippen have proven chemistry, plus Pippen would have a ball with LeBron at the defensive end. And besides, Jordan wouldn't allow Kobe/LeBron to win.
:rockon:

You could give them 10 games of 21 and all of them are gonna be close as hell- We're talking 21-17 or 21-19 in that range.

They're all pretty decent 3 point shooters (career average wise) but Kobe and Lebron shoot better.

But having been on the same team for that long they can read each other 10x better, so that gives them the advantage.