RRR3
10-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Dat 23.9% doe

AirTupac
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Lawd Kobe broke this man's career. Don't talk shit to Kobe :eek:

Fudge
10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
That sophomore slump. That shits real man...

FreezingTsmoove
10-13-2012, 10:32 PM

w2

Lebron said **** that and had that mammoth leap but I cant remember any star players from any sport not getting a sophmore slump

im probz rong

brandonislegend
10-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Preseason...

stallionaire
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Preseason...

what the **** does this mean? do guys not try to hit shots in pre-season? if anything it should be easier, guys go way less hard on defense. :kobe:

RedBlackAttack
10-14-2012, 12:19 AM
He shot under 35% from the floor during last year's shortened preseason.

This just in... Preseason means nothing and a lot of guys use these glorified scrimmages to work on some of the kinks in their games.

Who cares?

bdreason
10-14-2012, 02:23 AM
You guys need to ease up with the posting of rl pics and such. It's a basketball forum, and he made a perfectly acceptable observation. There's no reason to make such mean spirited personal attacks.

As for Kyrie, I think there's a good possibility, at least statistically, that he remains the same this season, or even takes a small step backwards. Teams and players have had a chance to scout your game, and defenses are going to make the adjustments.

brandonislegend
10-14-2012, 03:23 AM
You guys need to ease up with the posting of rl pics and such. It's a basketball forum, and he made a perfectly acceptable observation. There's no reason to make such mean spirited personal attacks.

As for Kyrie, I think there's a good possibility, at least statistically, that he remains the same this season, or even takes a small step backwards. Teams and players have had a chance to scout your game, and defenses are going to make the adjustments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69bc_OOLIMM

He is very hard to guard.

CarlosBoozer
10-14-2012, 08:53 AM
He's just rusty, he'll be fine.

Theoo
10-14-2012, 09:09 AM
atleast he have a two eyebrow. lets all maker a anthony davis pictures posts that will make him sad

Theoo
10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
atleast he have a two eyebrow. lets all maker a anthony davis pictures posts that will make him sad
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/06/28/0628-anthony-davis-getty-1.jpg

oh men what a loser

Ikill
10-14-2012, 10:03 AM
not really most players either stay the same or improve in their second year

Ikill
10-14-2012, 10:07 AM
w2

Lebron said **** that and had that mammoth leap but I cant remember any star players from any sport not getting a sophmore slump

im probz rong
Wade Rose Durant Deron Williams even guys like Melo Griffin or Chris Paul who had disappointing 2nd still made improvements to their game.

JellyBean
10-14-2012, 10:12 AM

:applause: :roll:

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Wade Rose Durant Deron Williams even guys like Melo Griffin or Chris Paul who had disappointing 2nd still made improvements to their game.

Yes sir. Wade, Rose, Durant, CP3 and Melo all had MVP type 3rd seasons. Look for Griffin, Wall, and Cousins to do the same.

cavsfanatic
10-14-2012, 11:21 AM
are y'all dumb? Wade did not slump his sophomore season. He went from averaging 16ppg to 24ppg.

he didn't slump wtf y'all talking about?

TheNaturalWR
10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
are y'all dumb? Wade did not slump his sophomore season. He went from averaging 16ppg to 24ppg.

he didn't slump wtf y'all talking about?

Like seriously..:facepalm

nathanjizzle
10-14-2012, 11:50 AM

rose didnt have a sophmore slump. he went from 16 points 4 assist to 22 points 6 assists.

TheMarkMadsen
10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Make a negative comment about an insecure fans favorite player

Gets personal life attacked.

:facepalm

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Make a negative comment about an insecure fans favorite player

Gets personal life attacked.

:facepalm

Well if it was a solid poster I'd feel bad, but if you're going to be annoying and constantly troll posters you bring this on yourself by posting a picture.

Anyways back on topic. About Kyrie Irvin who cares it's preseason. It means jack shit for starters.

Ikill
10-14-2012, 03:06 PM
rose didnt have a sophmore slump. he went from 16 points 4 assist to 22 points 6 assists.
Thats what i said that all those guys improved in their second years so the whole sophmore slump thing is not real.

chips93
10-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Why do you guys care what he looks like? He was just pointing out kyries slump during the preseason. Butt hurt kyrie fans go and try to make it personal.

kyrie fans?

:kobe:

only posters to comment are a dallas fan, bulls fan, and a laker fan

upside24
10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Irving will be alright. I really like his game.

Legends66NBA7
10-14-2012, 04:32 PM
He'll be fine.

Let him work out the rust. He'll still be a Top 10 PG at least this year.

RedBlackAttack
10-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Couple of notes...

1. Why don't we quit with the personal attacks? If you want to discuss RRR3 and what he looks like, do it in the thread where he originally posted the picture, which is undoubtedly off-topic for this forum. He and I are on opposites sides of the spectrum when it comes to sports fandom, but I fail to see the correlation between that and his looks. Stop posting that nonsense. I've cleaned up this thread... let's keep it that way. I shouldn't have to micromanage this site in such an extreme way.

2. For those saying these are Cavs/Kyrie fans posting his picture over and over... They pretty clearly are not. These are Internet rivalries bleeding over into a completely unrelated conversation.

3. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Kyrie's efficiency dropped a bit this year. I do think his overall numbers (points, assists, rebounds, steals) will go up because he should be playing more minutes and he should be more accustomed to the NBA regular season grind, but he has also made quite a name for himself in the last year and teams are going to be gunning to stop him... Not that they weren't last year, but it is even more pronounced now.

Also, this is a very young roster from top to bottom. While far more talented than last year's Cavs with a much brighter future, there aren't those steady leaders out there like Anthony Parker and Jamison to really guide the way for the young guys. Kyrie is on his own a little more this season.

And, on top of everything else, his efficiency was so good last year, it is just going to be difficult to replicate until he starts getting into his actual prime. 47/40/87 is just insane for a rookie point guard. It wouldn't exactly take an enormous slump for those numbers to drop a bit.

All of that said, I put no weight on what is happening in the preseason. He looks like he's treating these like practices, which is essentially what they are.

chips93
10-15-2012, 07:41 PM
kyries got 11pts, in 9 minutes, going 4/6 from the floor so far against orlando

Nick Young
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
LAWL is Kyrie really a blasphemer? I never would have thought...

kNIOKAS
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
oh men what a loser
A loser for what? Being born the way he's born? If anything, he's an exceptional athlete and NBA first draft pick. His body's anything but a loser.

brandonislegend
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
He played OK tonight.

RedBlackAttack
10-16-2012, 03:43 AM
He played OK tonight.
26 minutes, 22 points (5-8 FG, 11-11 FT, 1-1 3PT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals

A little better than OK, I'd say, depending on what your standards are. There is nothing wrong with Kyrie. Again, he's treating these preseason games as glorified practice, which is what they are.

CJ Miles has looked great in the preseason, btw. Maybe a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered?

brandonislegend
10-16-2012, 04:00 AM
26 minutes, 22 points (5-8 FG, 11-11 FT, 1-1 3PT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals

A little better than OK, I'd say, depending on what your standards are. There is nothing wrong with Kyrie. Again, he's treating these preseason games as glorified practice, which is what they are.

CJ Miles has looked great in the preseason, btw. Maybe a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered?

It was sarcasm.

RedBlackAttack
10-16-2012, 04:03 AM
It was sarcasm.
Got ya. :oldlol:

KDthunderup
10-16-2012, 04:36 AM
It was sarcasm.
Worse use of sarcasm i have ever ****ing seen :facepalm

FatComputerNerd
10-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Kyrie's assist #'s will go down a bit since Waiters will be on the floor with him a lot and they will no-doubt share ball-handling duties to some extent.

Theoo
10-16-2012, 07:53 AM
A loser for what? Being born the way he's born? If anything, he's an exceptional athlete and NBA first draft pick. His body's anything but a loser.
no there were peoples here in thread make a fun of a persons pictures so i make these posts as a joke to asy that even there basketball heroes arent all a perfect 10 mens but the deleted all there posts but not mine :hammerhead:

ripthekik
10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
no there were peoples here in thread make a fun of a persons pictures so i make these posts as a joke to asy that even there basketball heroes arent all a perfect 10 mens but the deleted all there posts but not mine :hammerhead:
:oldlol:
i looked back and only your post with anthony david's picture was left :lol

btw this thread was actually more fun with rrr3's picture on display. it was all fun with the guys n shiii. now it's just a pile of stinking crap. it's preseason, who cares.

RedBlackAttack
10-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Kyrie's assist #'s will go down a bit since Waiters will be on the floor with him a lot and they will no-doubt share ball-handling duties to some extent.
Could be, but I'm banking on minutes played will cancel out any ball-handling duties being shared. One other thing that will hurt his assist numbers more than likely, though, is the loss of Jamison. Sure, he could be a black hole offensively and he was a matador on defense, but the guy can still score. It isn't all that easy to find a guy who can throw up 25-30 points on any given night.

It should be noted that the last full month he played prior to his injury, he was averaging 32+ minutes, 20 points, 6.7 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

I believe those numbers are completely in-play for Kyrie this season since he will likely by playing in that 30-35 minute per game range all year.

One last thing... Having Ramon Sessions for over half the year was a nice luxury for the rookie last year and it allowed Byron to monitor Kyrie's minutes very closely, as he had a very capable backup. There is no backup PG like Sessions on this year's roster, so if Waiters takes some of the duties away from Kyrie, it isn't necessarily something new.

brandonislegend
10-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Could be, but I'm banking on minutes played will cancel out any ball-handling duties being shared. One other thing that will hurt his assist numbers more than likely, though, is the loss of Jamison. Sure, he could be a black hole offensively and he was a matador on defense, but the guy can still score. It isn't all that easy to find a guy who can throw up 25-30 points on any given night.

It should be noted that the last full month he played prior to his injury, he was averaging 32+ minutes, 20 points, 6.7 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

I believe those numbers are completely in-play for Kyrie this season since he will likely by playing in that 30-35 minute per game range all year.

One last thing... Having Ramon Sessions for over half the year was a nice luxury for the rookie last year and it allowed Byron to monitor Kyrie's minutes very closely, as he had a very capable backup. There is no backup PG like Sessions' on this year's roster, so if Waiters takes some of the duties away from Kyrie, it isn't necessarily something new.

nice post.

RedBlackAttack
10-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Kyrie Irving tonight going head-to-head with one of the other top young PGs in the league...

Kyrie Irving - 28 minutes, 23 points (8-16 FG, 4-4 FT, 3-4 3PT), 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Jrue Holiday - 25 minutes, 13 points (5-14 FG, 1-2 FT, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists

:confusedshrug:

FatComputerNerd
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Kyrie Irving tonight going head-to-head with one of the other top young PGs in the league...

Kyrie Irving - 28 minutes, 23 points (8-16 FG, 4-4 FT, 3-4 3PT), 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Jrue Holiday - 25 minutes, 13 points (5-14 FG, 1-2 FT, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists

:confusedshrug:

Kyrie FTW :rockon: