PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: the freakin' Knicks, man. I think they're going to be a good team

Sarcastic
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8375877/miami-heat-chris-bosh-willing-reconsider-playing-center

He also cautioned overlooking the New York Knicks.

"I just wanna say -- the freakin' Knicks, man. I think they're going to be a good team," Bosh said. "Nobody's really talking about them, and I don't like it. They're flying under the radar right now. I think the Knicks are gonna be a very good team."

Clutch
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
http://niggaupload.com/images/DtM6W.gif

pegasus
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
On paper, yes, but we'll see how that translates to the court. After last year, I have my reservations.

Clutch
09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
On paper, yes, but we'll see how that translates to the court. After last year, I have my reservations.
They actually have a coach now. He's not Phil Jackson or Popovich but he's still way better than Mike NoD'Antoni

tpols
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
They actually have a coach now. He's not Phil Jackson or Popovich but he's still way better than Mike NoD'Antoni
Hes a completely average coach.. Melo's gonna have to explode this season for them to compete.

IGOTGAME
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't even think they look good on paper. Prob should have keep Lin or got Sessions.

Crown&Coke
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Im still on the fence on the Knicks.

Woody is a decent coach, but his offense is really iso heavy, especially while he was in Atlanta. You won't beat good defensive teams like that, in the playoffs for certain.

I like the Kidd move. Like the Felton move if D'antoni was still coach. don't think the Camby addition will be cost effective, he gets hurt getting off the bus.

It really falls on Amare and Melo, who lets face it, haven't been the best guys to build your team around if playoff success is what you are looking for.

If STAT really took his game to the post, it will open things up a ton. Here's to hoping The Dream sprinkled some magic dust on Amare

kennethgriffin
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
no bosh... sorry. the knicks suck as long as they have melo and amare

2 biggest cancers in the nba

Mr Exlax
09-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Am I the only person that thinks if Melo is your best player then you won't be a good team?

Mr Exlax
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM

I will rep you no matter what from now on. This is cracking me up!

TheMarkMadsen
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I love bosh's confidence. He's comes off as a humble champion

funnystuff
09-14-2012, 01:50 PM
:oldlol:

niko
09-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Hes a completely average coach.. Melo's gonna have to explode this season for them to compete.
You constantly talk up the Nets, there coach is completely average too.

That said, i hope he's right but i don't see it.

crisoner
09-14-2012, 02:10 PM

LMAO

stallionaire
09-14-2012, 02:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM

:bowdown: repped

Y2Gezee
09-14-2012, 06:04 PM

Don't see why not. The thought that the Knicks were underachieving last year is mistaken. They were a terrible roster, that didn't have a real training camp/free agency to put a complete team together (same as other teams, but the Melo trade and then the move for Chandler and cutting Billups really gave them an incomplete team). It was basically Carmelo Anthony, a poorly rehabbed Amare Stoudemire, and a bunch of offensive liabilities until they decided to play the last man on their bench (Lin) and Baron Davis came back. They had the worst guard rotation in the league prior.

Now you could argue that they have one of the better pg rotations in the league, and really lack weaknesses. In fact their roster has more possibilities for dynamic lineups than anyone in the league. They could go super offensive, super defensive (and keep Melo, Felton on the floor), put out strong outside shooting lineups, Put shotblocking and rebounding on the floor with Camby and Chandler.

I don't know what Woodson's plan is, but there can be no complaints about the roster if guys stay healthy.

Trentknicks
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't see why not. The thought that the Knicks were underachieving last year is mistaken. They were a terrible roster, that didn't have a real training camp/free agency to put a complete team together (same as other teams, but the Melo trade and then the move for Chandler and cutting Billups really gave them an incomplete team). It was basically Carmelo Anthony, a poorly rehabbed Amare Stoudemire, and a bunch of offensive liabilities until they decided to play the last man on their bench (Lin) and Baron Davis came back. They had the worst guard rotation in the league prior.

Now you could argue that they have one of the better pg rotations in the league, and really lack weaknesses. In fact their roster has more possibilities for dynamic lineups than anyone in the league. They could go super offensive, super defensive (and keep Melo, Felton on the floor), put out strong outside shooting lineups, Put shotblocking and rebounding on the floor with Camby and Chandler.

I don't know what Woodson's plan is, but there can be no complaints about the roster if guys stay healthy.
Good post, I really liked that the Knicks filled legitimate holes this offseason as opposed to going for a home run again. They signed 3 new PG's all capable of running an offense and giving you defense. Got Brewer as a stop gap till Shumpert is back who can then slide over to Melo's back up. And got arguably the best back up center in Camby.

Only hole I can sort of see is if Amare went down for an extended period. But I guess Melo would slide up to the 4 and Brewer/Novak could take over the minutes at the 3. Kenyon Martin or Lou Admunson would have been a complete offseason but a better back up PF than Kurt Thomas may still be had.

Y2Gezee
09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Melo sliding into the 4 is exactly what would happen. But that's the thing that makes me think this team will be top tier, Melo's proven he can carry this team to be pretty tough even without Amare, and starting Baron Davis. The Knicks have significantly upgraded, and if Melo were to take that role again due to Amare injuries, they could still be a very tough team. Also if the opposite were to happen, and they had to rely heavily on Amare...they have the pieces to pick and roll you to death and spread the floor and still keep things rolling.

Their FO did a great job building high quality depth on this roster. Camby could've been a starter for the Spurs/Celtics/Heat/etc. but will be backup to Chandler and Amare. Kidd could've started for quality teams still, maybe even the Heat...may backup Felton (may start for Knicks). Brewer and JR Smith could be starters for good teams, and they are playing below their market value and probably will eventually come off the bench together (once Shump returns, but Brewer at this stage could be better than Shump). Felton and JR I believe are the steals of the offseason for 3 mil apiece.

As long as Amare finds his jump shot, screw post game. I feel this is by far the best team built around Carmelo in his career.

lilgodfather1
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I see the Knicks as a crappy team. They didn't improve very much, fourth seed swept in the first round, or slide through to be second round fodder.

kurple
09-14-2012, 07:29 PM
the team is good on paper. but i dont see how Melo and Amare will be any better together now, and i doubt Ray Cupcake Felton will make a difference. + Kidd is 70years old now

but they got potential to prove me wrong

no way they win a chip

Bahamian Balla
09-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Knicks just need to convince K-Mart to sign for the veteran's minimum then we can really have a shot. Ceiling NBA Finals, Basement Eastern Conference Finals.

BlackVVaves
09-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Knicks just need to convince K-Mart to sign for the veteran's minimum then we can really have a shot. Ceiling NBA Finals, Basement Eastern Conference Finals.

The Knicks aren't getting pass Miami. As long as Miami - as presently constructed - remain, the Knicks will not be making any Final appearances.

So basement Conference Finals? They better hope they avoid Miami or Boston in the second round before even dreaming of Conference Finals.

kurple
09-14-2012, 08:23 PM
:roll: :roll:

lilgodfather1
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
That would mean they would have to get the 2 seed, and pray that Boston gets the 4 so they don't have to play them in the second...

BTW nobody's basement is the ECF/WCF. The NBA where injuries happen. The NBA where choking happens. The NBA where bad games happen. The NBA where a team can catch fire happens.

TOO MANY VARIABLES.

mariodeathgrip
09-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry only read thread headline!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit!! Bosh better get ready for phily!!! That's realy under the radar!! Trade away from taking out the top seed in the play-off!!! Don't denie the heart and soul of the fans!! To lift the team up!!!

IGotACoolStory
09-14-2012, 08:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nhWcguk9a-U/T-R0T-nU6nI/AAAAAAAAkso/RvjA4B9fuY0/s320/chris+bosh+champagne+shower+show+

"the freakin' Knicks"

EnoughSaid
09-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Amare/Melo will never ever work unless they both learn how to play off the ball efficiently and Amare gets a legit P&R PG and Felton isn't that guy. Melo needs to be the #1 option, yeah, but Amare is most effective when he's the go-to guy. This isn't like Wade and LeBron where both players are so versatile and can adapt. This is two heavily offensive-minded guys that can't affect a game without scoring. Did anyone notice how many game-changing plays Wade made this past playoffs? If it was a block, a rebound, a putback, a steal, he did so much. Amare and Melo are never going to get it done if it's just them. They need that third piece to bring it all together.

Y2Gezee
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
I think the excuse of Amare and Melo not being able to work together is a very lazy excuse. Whether its by media and knicks fans last season, or outside fans saying that's why THIS year's team won't be better.

Amare and Melo's games can very well compliment each others in various ways. Melo is a strong player in the pick and roll as a ball handler, and obviously Amare thrives there. Amare up until last season has been a deadly mid range shooter who can get open shots from Melo post ups or Melo penetration and kicks; Melo can spread the floor for Amare isolations or out of the pick and roll with Amare and a PG.

I think they came pretty close to figuring out how to play together offensively at the end of 2011 season when the team was essentially Amare/Melo/Billups/scrubs who are no longer in the league. This gets forgotten because the lasting memory was the Boston series where Billups and Amare became irrelevant due to injuries. But going into the season with an injured Amare last year with Melo playing with a first year sg playing pg, and 2nd year SF playing SG in Fields with Chandler in the paint running D'antoni's system ? Not good. No floor spacing, and no true pg forcing the ball to be in Melo's hands is what hurt them last year. Amare looked much better as soon as the Linsanity thing got into full swing. They'd found outside shooting with Lin/Davis/Novak/JR smith that just weren't there prior to Lin playing (remember Novak/Smith/Davis weren't there to start the season).

Tyson's a bigger problem for Amare than Melo, but that's due to floor spacing also. amare's played Center probably most of his career

EnoughSaid
09-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh and Amare is supposedly the healthiest he's ever been and has been training hard. If he comes back into MVP form, he can maybe take over Melo's option 1-spot.

Bahamian Balla
09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Last Time I checked Felton is a very good defensive minded passing point guard who is a way better player and fits the Knicks system. I expect New to be either2nd to fourth seed. Miami is not guaranteed to win yes they are the shortened season champs. Bron is an excellent player, Wade is a shadow of his former self (5 points in a playoff game)! Brewer & Shumpert are gonna enjoy guarding him straight up! Miami needs a better center because if they meet the Lakers, Grizzlies, Spurs, in the finals they won't have a chance. Better hope and pray they meet no Low post offense jump shooting OKC Thunder!

Knicksfever2010
09-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Last Time I checked Felton is a very good defensive minded passing point guard who is a way better player and fits the Knicks system. I expect New to be either2nd to fourth seed. Miami is not guaranteed to win yes they are the shortened season champs. Bron is an excellent player, Wade is a shadow of his former self (5 points in a playoff game)! Brewer & Shumpert are gonna enjoy guarding him straight up! Miami needs a better center because if they meet the Lakers, Grizzlies, Spurs, in the finals they won't have a chance. Better hope and pray they meet no Low post offense jump shooting OKC Thunder!

actually felton FLOURISHED under d'antonis system. d'antoni is no longerhere. In addition, felton never played w/ melo in ny. In ny he will be told, "get it to melo" and go to the other side of the court.

Bahamian Balla
09-14-2012, 09:40 PM
actually felton FLOURISHED under d'antonis system. d'antoni is no longerhere. In addition, felton never played w/ melo in ny. In ny he will be told, "get it to melo" and go to the other side of the court.

Felton will improve dramatically because most of the players on our roster he has played with before Chandler, Amare, JR Smith, etc. plus Jason Kidd will greatly assist in training camp & practice. Felton will be okay as this is a more defensive orientated team only Melo and Amare have to buy into the team concept 110%. Pressure is on Felton & Amare. Melo just have to play consistent defense on his opponent. I see New York playing plenty zone & some man to man defense Mavericks in 2011. Felton must improve his outside shot because he will be getting vast amounts of open looks this season!

jbot
09-14-2012, 10:11 PM
this is coming from the guy that says he can play center. :rolleyes:

coin24
09-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Knicks will finish top 4:cheers:

Haters scared.. They've put together a decent roster. Better than that pile of overrated crap in brooklyn:oldlol:

k-vil
09-15-2012, 12:53 AM

I thought this thread was about the Knicks?

D.J.
09-15-2012, 01:26 AM
This team is a 50 win team if they're healthy. But they're still not getting past Miami, Chicago, Boston, and maybe Indiana.

coin24
09-15-2012, 01:29 AM
This team is a 50 win team if they're healthy. But they're still not getting past Miami, Chicago, Boston, and maybe Indiana.

:lol :lol

Chicago are missing who again?:oldlol: lucky to even make the 8..
And the pacers aren't that special either.

Heat
Then any of Knicks celtics nets..

Then rest of crappy east.. Maybe Philly 5 if Bynum pulls his head out of his ass. Good luck with that though..

Trentknicks
09-15-2012, 01:54 AM
Pacers are going to struggle with offensive flow next season. Hill is the starting PG and neither him or Augustin have solid passing skills, both are shoot first. It was good to play big ball against Miami in the playoffs when Collison's ball security was alarmingly bad, but they will miss his passing and playmaking big time.

This has been a pretty under the radar issue because everyone's spent too much time bagging the Knicks.

All Net
09-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Bosh always seems respectful when talking about other teams.

longtime lurker
09-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Knicks will be good, how much better depends on how well the team gels and how healthy they can remain. Realistically they'll probably be 5 or 6th seed with a ceiling of 4th.

Bandito
09-15-2012, 09:23 AM
If these players can finally put it together then maybe, but the problem with them is the lack of playmakers, and kidd is not the answer. He's great but they need someone young that can still run. If they still had lin with kidds help he could've been way better now. He could teach the basics like how to protect the ball, how to a correct pick and roll etc... Felton I don't believe is the answer and this team cannot afford to get too young in this position, they need a proven player now. If they could trade for Bledsoe I think he could be the answer but meh, they don't have the players for that...

stallionaire
09-15-2012, 09:30 AM
I love how the immature kids now are finally seeing passed Bosh's feminine side to realize he's a cool dude. Dude has been a G since he was drated! Nice, humble, well spoken individual. Y'all can **** off with this praise 9 years of relentlessly making fun of him.

bluechox2
09-15-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i.imgflash.com/p0b.gif

longtime lurker
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM
If these players can finally put it together then maybe, but the problem with them is the lack of playmakers, and kidd is not the answer. He's great but they need someone young that can still run. If they still had lin with kidds help he could've been way better now. He could teach the basics like how to protect the ball, how to a correct pick and roll etc... Felton I don't believe is the answer and this team cannot afford to get too young in this position, they need a proven player now. If they could trade for Bledsoe I think he could be the answer but meh, they don't have the players for that...

This is what I'm thinking. The Kidd acquisition would have made sense had they kept Jeremy Lin, but since they acquired Felton they should have signed Aaron Brooks as a spark plug off the bench. A quick, energetic PG that can shoot the 3 and can play off the ball when Melo plays more ball dominant. Until Shumpert returns a lack of bench scoring is a concern for the Knicks.

ChuckOakley
09-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Posts like this wreak of insecurity. Who cares what a player or analyst says? Teams need to prove it in the court. Does this really make a fan feel better about their team that Chris Bosh thinks the Knicks are being overlooked? Trust me when I say the Heat don't care about anyone but LA.

Punpun
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't see it. Fatlon isn't a good enough PG. It's on Melo and Stoudemire to show they can finally do something together. Which hasn't been happening for two seasons now. At least they succeeded in breaking the Knicks losing streak in the po.

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Amare/Melo will never ever work unless they both learn how to play off the ball efficiently and Amare gets a legit P&R PG and Felton isn't that guy.

It worked perfectly for them during Felton's first go with the Knicks.

Trentknicks
09-15-2012, 06:48 PM
:facepalm All 3 of our pg's can create and find the open man, was that a troll post. To a lesser degree both Shump and Brewer have excellent passing skills, when the emphasis isn't on them to create Melo and Camby are both underrated passers. So no, the Knicks are going to have plenty of ball movement. Plus Lin was not pass first and was never going to be a great fit with this team, and our ball security is going to be much better this year.

This is what I'm thinking. The Kidd acquisition would have made sense had they kept Jeremy Lin, but since they acquired Felton they should have signed Aaron Brooks as a spark plug off the bench. A quick, energetic PG that can shoot the 3 and can play off the ball when Melo plays more ball dominant. Until Shumpert returns a lack of bench scoring is a concern for the Knicks.
Even when Shumpert returns he will be the starting SG and Brewer will be moved to Melo's back up. Knicks bench has Smith and Novak on it who will provide sufficient bench offense and floor spacing, besides Melo or Amare is on the floor in most circumstances anyway, this won't be a problem.

Trentknicks
09-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't see it. Fatlon isn't a good enough PG. It's on Melo and Stoudemire to show they can finally do something together. Which hasn't been happening for two seasons now. At least they succeeded in breaking the Knicks losing streak in the po.
At least watch some Knicks games instead of just regurgitating what everyone else says here. Felton and Amare played amazing together. People often say that Amare and Melo don't work well with each other, with Billups as the PG Melo and Amare were cooking together and scored a combined 49ppg together on the floor.

Then Chandler was added to the mix and they had no sufficient pass first PG (Lin wasn't a good fit). With 3 pass first PG's and a bunch of talented passers they offensive stagnation won't be a problem, let's give them a training camp and 20-30 games before passing judgement.

upside24
09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
My God.:lol

Money 23
09-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh sweet jesus

:oldlol:

Sarcastic
11-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Posts like this wreak of insecurity. Who cares what a player or analyst says? Teams need to prove it in the court. Does this really make a fan feel better about their team that Chris Bosh thinks the Knicks are being overlooked? Trust me when I say the Heat don't care about anyone but LA.

If this thread reeks of insecurity, then what about your's which claimed that the Knicks peaked after 2 games?