PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala Work Out

Marv_Albert
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/video/2012/08/30/IguodalaWorkout83012mov-2201886/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Damm boy lookin in tip top shape and ready for the season... he gonna lead this team pretty deep into the playoffs with his scoring and hustle

PyrrhusX
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Would not be surprised if the Nuggets upset Lakers/Thunder to the WCF. They could shape up as a darkhorse this year.

SourPatchKids
09-02-2012, 11:07 PM
This makes me sad. :(

SpecialQue
09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
This motherfvcker is one of the reasons why I'm getting League Pass this year.

Too many potentially great games to let one slide.

tmacattack33
09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
This makes me sad. :(

:biggums:

Sixers fan?

U know u got Bynum right?

IGotACoolStory
09-02-2012, 11:20 PM
idk about upsetting the top teams but damn, Denver is going to be exciting.

SyRyanYang
09-02-2012, 11:30 PM
we all know Iggy's got range. He proved it with team USA. Now he just needs get a lot more aggressive offensively, pushing a old short white trainer to the rim ain't gonna get you anywhere.

The_Yearning
09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Lmao since when has Iggy been a game changer? This dude does nothing for Denver. They ain't going nowhere.

Donnybrook
09-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Would not be surprised if the Nuggets upset Lakers/Thunder to the WCF. They could shape up as a darkhorse this year.

I've been thinking the same since they drafted Iggy. No one really talks about it, though.

NuggetsFan
09-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Lmao since when has Iggy been a game changer? This dude does nothing for Denver. They ain't going nowhere.

Probably true. However Denver gave up the most 3's on the best % last year. AA's defense started to slide when he got a bigger offensive role. Iggy should help shore up the perimeter and help that 3 point defense which like I said was one of Denver's biggest weaknesses. Plus he fits perfectly into the run and gun style.

Denver probably doesn't do much. They need everybody collectively to step up and take the next step(Gallo, Lawson, Faried, McGee etc.) which is asking alot so most likely get bounced in the 1st round or 2nd round if they grab that 4th seed.

Probably the most athletic team in the league, play as a team so atleast it'll be fun as hell to watch. Nobody isoing the entire game taking 24 shots, good ball movement and tons lobs\dunks.

chocolatethunder
09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
As a Sixer fan I'll def miss him dribbling the ball off his foot at least once a game when the game is on the line and hoisting air ball threes in the clutch. In his defense I will say that if he was on a team like Dallas or LA or Miami where all he had to do was defend and get out in transition, he'd be great. As "the man" in Philly he was pretty brutal. He's not a game changer. He is a nice complimentary player and that's all.

NuggetsFan
09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
As a Sixer fan I'll def miss him dribbling the ball off his foot at least once a game when the game is on the line and hoisting air ball threes in the clutch. In his defense I will say that if he was on a team like Dallas or LA or Miami where all he had to do was defend and get out in transition, he'd be great. As "the man" in Philly he was pretty brutal. He's not a game changer. He is a nice complimentary player and that's all.

You described exactly what he'll do in Denver. He'll get out and run and defend. Handle the ball in the halfcourt. In no way shape or form will he be the man. Ty Lawson is that guy, well when he's feeling like it. Really there's a guy who you could call the "man" every game for Denver. I'm sure some nights it'll be Iggy but in no way shape or form will Iggy be looked at to carry this Denver team.

HylianNightmare
09-03-2012, 01:29 AM
that clip just makes me mad i don't get payed to play basketball for a living

imnew09
09-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Hope the Nuggets take out the Thunders in the playoff :oldlol: !!!

LETS GO IGGY!

PyrrhusX
09-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Hope the Nuggets take out the Thunders in the playoff :oldlol: !!!

LETS GO IGGY!

The lakers need even more help? :roll:
Well done :applause:

imnew09
09-03-2012, 01:47 AM
The lakers need even more help? :roll:
Well done :applause:

I don't mind :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

NugzFan
09-03-2012, 02:26 AM

damn. :cry:

ncrizzle
09-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Iggy adds great d, especially protecting the 3. I cant wait to see how he plays at SG instead of SF. He is not a great scorer, but he gets his team mates involved and moves great without the ball. Im sure teams with good perimeter defenders will have their sgs gaurding opposing teams sfs. Speaking of my team, ton y allen with be on gallinari, and Gay will be on Iggy. Rotations are gonna be a big story line for denver. they are a very good team. Second favorite team to watch besides my grizz. most balanced deep roster.Im suprised we swept them last season. We can get up and down like them, but have a better post game. Still i would have thought we lose at least one game to them. Lawson and Iggy are going to be a fun back court to watch

NugzFan
09-03-2012, 02:28 AM
You described exactly what he'll do in Denver. He'll get out and run and defend. Handle the ball in the halfcourt. In no way shape or form will he be the man. Ty Lawson is that guy, well when he's feeling like it. Really there's a guy who you could call the "man" every game for Denver. I'm sure some nights it'll be Iggy but in no way shape or form will Iggy be looked at to carry this Denver team.

exactly - i think he was trying to rip AI and instead made him sound like a great pickup for denver :bowdown: :oldlol:

ncrizzle
09-03-2012, 02:30 AM
He adds perimeter defense. He gets others involved . He moves great without the ball. Maybe you should watch basketball. Season goes from october through may. Denver, like my grizz, has a lot of really good players, but dont have a superstar. Iggy is a team player and will do everything possible for denver. I love people who talk about teams/players as if they know what they are talking about. go get your shine box and enjoy the WNBA

iDunk
09-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Andre I dont have an offensive game Iguodala

noosaman
09-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't see how he is better than Wilson Chandler

East_Stone_Ya
09-03-2012, 09:11 AM

defense?

noosaman
09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
defense?
Chandler is an elite defensive player...

East_Stone_Ya
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM

are you kidding me???

Rnbizzle
09-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Iggy is clearly a better passer/playmaker and defender then Chandler..

Figlo
09-03-2012, 11:19 AM
only in the NBA they practice how to travel

GOBB
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
What did he do in the video that was impressive? Iggy has always had a good work ethic. So him working out hard, staying in shape isnt anything new. He's done that in Philly. :confusedshrug:

Hitting a 3 over a little white dude doesnt translate into an NBA game
Driving on the little white dude and finishing doesnt translate into an NBA game

Iggy reacts differently in an NBA game setting than an individual workout is my point for those two remarks. That said he will do wonders for Denver and have some Sixers fans saying "Why didnt he do that here?", "Why did Sixers trade him". The Denver Nuggets makeup is a perfect fit for Iguodala. The new change in scenery is also perfect because those expectations and raised standards we Sixers fans had are gone. They arent felt among Denver fans or the organization there. People will be less critical of him being in Denver because he didnt replace a superstar which would have put focus and attention on his arrival. He can simply play his game.

Iggy will set up the scorers in Denver very well and get guys like Faried, McGee easy buckets. Those two arent going to create offense by themselves for the most part but they are around the rim and highly athletic. Iggy is unselfish and is always lookin to hook someone up for a bucket. It'll work in Denver better than Philly.

chocolatethunder
09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm not ripping him I'm just being honest. He was awful in Philly as a max contract player. He's a great team player. He's not the man an he's not a game changer. And no, you absolutely do not want him handling the ball in the half court. Great defender and unselfish with the rock. That's what you'll get. Can't dribble and can't shoot.

bballer
09-03-2012, 11:50 AM
This motherfvcker is one of the reasons why I'm getting League Pass this year.

Too many potentially great games to let one slide.how much is the mobile version? like if I just wanted to watch on my ipad? has to be less that the normal.

NuggetsFan
09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm not ripping him I'm just being honest. He was awful in Philly as a max contract player. He's a great team player. He's not the man an he's not a game changer. And no, you absolutely do not want him handling the ball in the half court. Great defender and unselfish with the rock. That's what you'll get. Can't dribble and can't shoot.

Never said you were. He's not worth what he's paid and he's not a franchise player. Everybody knows this now. He's a perfect fit into Denver's offense and with George Karl.

We'll have to disagree about that not being able to dribble. I think he's perfectly capable of running the break in transition and giving Denver another option in the halfcourt. He isn't Chris Paul for but a guy his size and position? Fully capable of it.

Can anybody shed some light on what was up with his shooting last year? He shot 39% from 3 on 3.1 attempts and made 1.2 of them.

OhNoTimNoSho
09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
No wonder Iggy has no offense. His movements are sloppy as shit, no extension, poor form. He barely gets proper separation on a midget trainer.

Having said that, he has great court vision, defense rebounding, and can slam it hard going down an open lane. He will fit perfectly in Denver... look for him to post multiple triple doubles.

kurple
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Andre I dont have an offensive game Iguodala
good thing he just got traded to the 2nd best offensive team in the league

kurple
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
good thing we got both this summer. the defense will be locked up

NugzFan
09-04-2012, 02:21 AM

dear lord. if chandler is better than iguodala, the nuggets are gonna be way better than i thought! :bowdown:

noosaman
09-04-2012, 04:48 AM
are you kidding me???

Thanks for the neg and yes I am serious. Try watching basketball.

noosaman
09-04-2012, 04:50 AM
dear lord. if chandler is better than iguodala, the nuggets are gonna be way better than i thought! :bowdown:

You also have Brewer. Thats some serious duplication at the 3 spot.

East_Stone_Ya
09-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the neg and yes I am serious. Try watching basketball.

OK, I will try to focus on the elite defense that he will provide for the nuggets

noosaman
09-04-2012, 05:48 AM
OK, I will try to focus on the elite defense that he will provide for the nuggets

Thank you. He's an elite wing defender.

blacknapalm
09-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Never said you were. He's not worth what he's paid and he's not a franchise player. Everybody knows this now. He's a perfect fit into Denver's offense and with George Karl.

We'll have to disagree about that not being able to dribble. I think he's perfectly capable of running the break in transition and giving Denver another option in the halfcourt. He isn't Chris Paul for but a guy his size and position? Fully capable of it.

Can anybody shed some light on what was up with his shooting last year? He shot 39% from 3 on 3.1 attempts and made 1.2 of them.

well said and i agree. karl already said he's going to run it as much as possible and they have the bigs to run with him. he's not really coming in there to save the franchise and even if he is overpaid, this is one of the best situations for him. if gallo stays healthy, chandler gets comfortable again and mcgee takes the next step, they'll be in good shape. remember, they essentially got rid of nene and afflalo for mcgee and iggy. i like afflalo but i think iggy is the better player overall as long as he knows he's the #3 option. between lawson, gallo and mcgee, i think that will be understood. just look at the olympics for example. iggy did a great job of filling in the gaps, starting fast breaks and breaking up plays.

Clippersfan86
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Not sure why people always try to rain on other people's parades. Reality is the Nuggets got a great impact player who is flawed and overpaid but will make a big difference for the team. People need to realize a few things.

1. Nuggets don't need that and their MO for years has been insane depth. Even with Melo as the star they had a loaded team where multiple guys could kill you any night.

2. The Nuggets gave up hardly anything to get a guy who is capable of playing at an all star level and is still only 26 years old. Not to mention he's a flawless fit for George Karl. Great passer, great perimeter defender (generate more fastbreaks) and completely unselfish teammate.

Nuggets will be much better this year and will be in the fight for the 3-5 seed in the west despite having no star clear star player yet. Which is extremely impressive to me. They beat you by committee, not star power.

brantonli
09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Not sure why people always try to rain on other people's parades. Reality is the Nuggets got a great impact player who is flawed and overpaid but will make a big difference for the team. People need to realize a few things.

1. Nuggets don't need that and their MO for years has been insane depth. Even with Melo as the star they had a loaded team where multiple guys could kill you any night.

2. The Nuggets gave up hardly anything to get a guy who is capable of playing at an all star level and is still only 26 years old. Not to mention he's a flawless fit for George Karl. Great passer, great perimeter defender (generate more fastbreaks) and completely unselfish teammate.

Nuggets will be much better this year and will be in the fight for the 3-5 seed in the west despite having no star clear star player yet. Which is extremely impressive to me. They beat you by committee, not star power.

3-5th seed is a bit optimistic isn't it? You've got:

Lakers
Thunder
Spurs (god damnit every season I want to put them lower, and every season they fool me)

Grizzlies
Clippers

To me that's quite easily the top 5 spots locked up, and 3 more to go:
Nuggets
Mavs
Jazz
Suns
T-pups

Tbh I reckon they'll end up exactly where they were last season, 6th seed.

ace23
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
that clip just makes me mad i don't get payed to play basketball for a living
This :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Lakers
Thunder
Spurs (god damnit every season I want to put them lower, and every season they fool me)

Grizzlies
Clippers

Nuggets
Mavs
Jazz
Suns
T-pups

I think they will end up 5-6 a long with the Grizzlies. I was thinking 4-6, not 3-5 so it was a typo basically.

NugzFan
09-05-2012, 01:26 AM

Lakers
Thunder

Grizzlies
Clippers

Nuggets
Mavs
Jazz
Suns
T-pups

denver was two games behind the clips. i guess no chance we can make up that difference. :banghead: