PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Says No To The Plans Of David Stern And Mark Cuban

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 09:12 AM
FIBA World announced:

1. Olympic Basketball will not be an Under-23 tournament.

2. Olympic Basketball will now have 16 teams, instead of 12. FIBA Europe zone will be given multiple more places.

3. 3 on 3 will become an Olympics event starting in 2016. The first FIBA 3 on 3 World Championship starts next week.

4. The court size will be the same as the NBA, and the 3 point line distance will be the same as the NBA, starting with the 2017 FIBA regional zone competitions.

5. The FIBA World Cup will be promoted as the world's biggest and most important basketball event, over Olympic Basketball, but the NBA (David Stern, Mark Cuban) will not own nor control it, FIBA will.

6. If the NBA and USA Basketball want to have a big share in the TV, sponsor, and marketing revenues of the FIBA World Cup, then they will have to send their best players, and they will have to spend time and money to promote it.

7. After the 2014 FIBA World Cup, future FIBA World Cups will contain 64 teams at the qualification stage, and 32 teams at the group stage.

8. The FIBA World Cup will from now on be heavily promoted and marketed in the United States, with games and qualifying games to be aired on US TV (they are negotiating with ESPN).

Batz
08-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Thank you for being a week late.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM

2. Olympic Basketball will now have 16 teams, instead of 12. FIBA Europe zone will be given multiple more places.

3. 3 on 3 will become an Olympics event starting in 2016. The first FIBA 3 on 3 World Championship starts next week.

4. The court size will be the same as the NBA, and the 3 point line distance will be the same as the NBA, starting with the 2017 FIBA regional zone competitions.

5. The FIBA World Cup will be promoted as the world's biggest and most important basketball event, over Olympic Basketball, but the NBA will not own or control it, FIBA will.

6. If the NBA and USA Basketball want to have a big share in the TV, sponsor, and marketing revenues of the FIBA World Cup, then they will have to send their best players, and they will have to spend time and money to promote it.

7. After the 2014 FIBA World Cup, future FIBA World Cups will contain 64 teams at the qualification stage, and 32 teams at the group stage.

8. The FIBA World Cup will from now on be heavily promoted and marketed in the United States, with all of the games, and qualifiers to be aired on US TV.
Maybe Greece can qualify now!

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you for being a week late.

FIBA just announced it you moron.

tommy3
08-18-2012, 09:24 AM
FIBA World announced:

5. The FIBA World Cup will be promoted as the world's biggest and most important basketball event, over Olympic Basketball, but the NBA (David Stern, Mark Cuban) will not own nor control it, FIBA will.

8. The FIBA World Cup will from now on be heavily promoted and marketed in the United States, with games and qualifying games to be aired on US TV (they are negotiating with ESPN).
dafuq

Batz
08-18-2012, 09:26 AM
FIBA just announced it you moron.
Wow so we all knew about it a week before FIBA officials? **** man, ISH is just amazing during the off-season. :applause:

dunksby
08-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow so we all knew about it a week before FIBA officials? **** man, ISH is just amazing during the off-season. :applause:
Another reason NBA>>>Euroleague :bowdown: ISH>>>Eurobum

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 09:35 AM

You are a ****ing idiot. The only thing US media announced was that Stern admitted it was too soon to have the Olympics be Under-23

That's just slightly ****ing different than what the official announcement was you ****ing PIECE OF SHIT.

Even up until yesterday, US media was still claiming NBA ownership of FIBA World Cup and a youth Olympics for 2020.

Batz
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM
You are a ****ing idiot. The only thing US media announced was that Stern admitted it was too soon to have the Olympics be Under-23

That's just slightly ****ing different than what the official announcement was you ****ing PIECE OF SHIT.

Even up until yesterday, US media was still claiming NBA ownership of FIBA World Cup and a youth Olympics for 2020.
Who said anything about the US media?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqLt0-y1uyw
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM

This was not said anywhere on this site. ESPN was still claiming the NBA would own and run the "World Basketball Cup" even as of yesterday.

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Who said anything about the US media?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqLt0-y1uyw
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You did.

Welcome to infinite ignore.

Batz
08-18-2012, 09:39 AM
You did.

Welcome to infinite ignore.
Don't think I did.

Raz
08-18-2012, 09:41 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/20821466.jpg

niko
08-18-2012, 09:49 AM
This was not said anywhere on this site. ESPN was still claiming the NBA would own and run the "World Basketball Cup" even as of yesterday.
There was nothing except the statement of what Stern was tring to do. You always post on shit the US media doesn't give 2 ****s about. There is no discussion on Espn or anywhere about this.

Horde of Temujin
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the post, good info. Some people act like this site is overloaded with threads and criticize people whi actually post decent threads such as this.
Batz whats your deal? Did you post this info when it was known a week ago as you say?

Anyways, i am totally hyped for the 3 on 3, so many intriguing possibilities.

dunksby
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8376/ignorez.png
:durantunimpressed:

Horde of Temujin
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
There was nothing except the statement of what Stern was tring to do. You always post on shit the US media doesn't give 2 ****s about. There is no discussion on Espn or anywhere about this.

So, just because ESPN doesnt cover it causes you to lose interest? If you dont care then dont post in the thread. Go start another one.

Xiao Yao You
08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
16 teams in the Olympics could be good as long as it's not another automatic berth each to Africa and Asia.

coin24
08-18-2012, 10:17 AM
12 or 16 whatever... I guess that gives shitty teams like Greece more of a chance to qualify..Even though theyll still get destroyed by basketball powerhouses like Nigeria:oldlol:

But... 3 on 3??? Fu*k that shit:facepalm :facepalm

Euroleague
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
16 teams in the Olympics could be good as long as it's not another automatic berth each to Africa and Asia.

I think they want 3 more places for Europe and 1 more for the Americas. Really, it should be 4 more for Europe. But as long as they don't add a place for Africa or Asia, as you said.

bmd
08-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Why is it called the "world cup"? This isn't soccer. Europeans take everything and put a gay spin on it.

Punpun
08-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Why is it called the "world cup"? This isn't soccer. Europeans take everything and put a gay spin on it.

U HOMOPHOBE ?

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 12:52 PM
sounds terrible......downplaying the olympics....starting a world cup ?......sounds like fiba just wants to make money........

niko
08-18-2012, 12:53 PM
So, just because ESPN doesnt cover it causes you to lose interest? If you dont care then dont post in the thread. Go start another one.
Dickhead, the thread starter always talks about the US media being wrong when it's stuff not even covered. Are you his groupie or an alt? Either way, **** off.

Fiasco
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
3 on 3 a sport? LOL

Punpun
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Notice how NO SOURCE was provided ?

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 01:01 PM
FIBA World announced:

1. .

4. .

78. The FIBA World Cup will from now on be heavily promoted and marketed in the United States, with games and qualifying games to be aired on US TV (they are negotiating with ESPN).

nobody will be giving a **** about this cup......olympic medals are legend stuff, goes back 1000

bluechox2
08-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Where are the ones on ish demanding the Olympics add  3 vs3, dunk contest, 3 point shooting , skills challenge etc.

HurricaneKid
08-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the post, good info. Some people act like this site is overloaded with threads and criticize people whi actually post decent threads such as this.
Batz whats your deal? Did you post this info when it was known a week ago as you say?

Anyways, i am totally hyped for the 3 on 3, so many intriguing possibilities.

I concur. I know Euroleague has a bad rep around here but this is actually a lot of info that I'm glad to have received.

bluechox2
08-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Espn wont report it because stern has his vice grip on them and don't want to look weak

bmd
08-18-2012, 01:08 PM
1. I thought it was just the NBA making a rule that only players 23 and under would be allowed to play for team USA... not FIBA?

2. How would FIBA decide that 3 on 3 will be an Olympic sport? Doesn't the Olympic committee have a whole process for selecting new sports?

This all seems made up.

bluechox2
08-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Stern wanted the whole Olympics to be 23 under... Russia and other countries were like fuc k that. Cus talent for them would be hard to come by

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Stern wanted the whole Olympics to be 23 under... Russia and other countries were like fuc k that. Cus talent for them would be hard to come by
lol. So Stern wanted to change the age format for the Olympics and than take over FIBA basketball?

ThunderStruk022
08-18-2012, 02:25 PM
FIBA World announced:

Where the f*ck is the link you inbred cuntsuck?

Until you provide a link, I'm going to assume your mentally retarded self is just making shit up.

TheWINdyCity
08-18-2012, 02:44 PM

:oldlol:
:applause:
:bowdown:

Actinium59
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Here is the link (I only googled FIBA to find it)
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/inte/p/newsid/53415/arti.html

The president of FIBA is only proposing to the International Olympic Committee to make 3x3 basketball an olympic event, I am really not sure that this a priority to the IOC nor that I will be aproved, but we will see...
And he also talks about the Basketball Olympic Events and the World Cup format.

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
1. I thought it was just the NBA making a rule that only players 23 and under would be allowed to play for team USA... not FIBA?

2. How would FIBA decide that 3 on 3 will be an Olympic sport? Doesn't the Olympic committee have a whole process for selecting new sports?

This all seems made up.

if all of this is made up lies......i will break into a morgue, cut off the dick of a dead AIDS patient, track down the OP and shove that dick down his throat

Peteballa
08-18-2012, 05:22 PM
if all of this is made up lies......i will break into a morgue, cut off the dick of a dead AIDS patient, track down the OP and shove that dick down his throat

This has nothing to do what you just said, but I just glanced at your avatar and laughed my ass off. Can't believe I have never looked at it closely before. :roll: :cheers:

eurobum
08-18-2012, 06:14 PM

ahem

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
This has nothing to do what you just said, but I just glanced at your avatar and laughed my ass off. Can't believe I have never looked at it closely before. :roll: :cheers:

yeah, Stephen Curry at the skills challenge was fun :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=GkzH9utGOyc&NR=1

and what i said about euroleague is of course just for fun as well........:cheers:

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
ahem

228 post in 6 years ?.:eek: .. are you euroleagues little brother ? aka alternate account.......:oldlol:

tomtucker
08-18-2012, 06:44 PM
yeah, Stephen Curry at the skills challenge was fun :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=GkzH9utGOyc&NR=1

and what i said about euroleague is of course just for fun as well........:cheers:

I don

Sarcastic
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
They should do a 3 on 3, full court and half court.

SpecialQue
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Nigeria says NO to the Greek team's Olympic hopes.

tmacattack33
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
F this.

You can't just force everyone to think that the basketball World Cup is more important.

Chris Paul, Lebron, Durant and them dictate which event is more important by playing for the one that they take more pride in...and that will likely be the Olympics.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 04:13 AM
sounds terrible......downplaying the olympics....starting a world cup ?......sounds like fiba just wants to make money........

The FIBA World Cup started in the year 1950 genius.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 04:16 AM
lol. So Stern wanted to change the age format for the Olympics and than take over FIBA basketball?

Yes, him and Cuban. They are probably enraged right now that FIBA told them no.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 04:18 AM
F this.

You can't just force everyone to think that the basketball World Cup is more important.

Chris Paul, Lebron, Durant and them dictate which event is more important by playing for the one that they take more pride in...and that will likely be the Olympics.

Every single player you listed has played at the FIBA World Cup.........

08-19-2012, 04:29 AM
The 3 on 3 tournament is interesting. I wonder who would enter.

For the US, I could see LeBron, Kevin Garnett, and Tyson Chandler.

Noof
08-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Godd. **** you Stern.

tomtucker
08-19-2012, 04:58 AM
The FIBA World Cup started in the year 1950 genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Basketball_World_Cup

so the world cup is the world championship......why did you not just say world championship then....
in hockey for instance, world championships and the world cup of hockey are 2 different things........
how and why should fiba world championship become more important then the olympic tournament ?

08-19-2012, 06:30 AM

so the world cup is the world championship......why did you not just say world championship then....
in hockey for instance, world championships and the world cup of hockey are 2 different things........
how and why should fiba world championship become more important then the olympic tournament ?

FIBA is copying FIFA soccer model.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 07:50 AM

Because it's called the FIBA World Cup. I called by it's name.

dunksby
08-19-2012, 08:39 AM

They are changing the name to World Cup and it debuts in 2014 in Spain. I like the idea of the World Cup being more emphasized but it's not possible as long as the Olympics Basketball does not have an age limit.
It's funny that FIBA is trying to copy FIFA's model to make their World Cup more important than the Olympics Basketball but still refuse to make the Olympics event an U-23 one like the Soccer event. It's obvious that as long as countries are sending their main teams to the Olympics it's gonna remain the most important international Basketball event.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 10:00 AM
They are changing the name to World Cup and it debuts in 2014 in Spain. I like the idea of the World Cup being more emphasized but it's not possible as long as the Olympics Basketball does not have an age limit.
It's funny that FIBA is trying to copy FIFA's model to make their World Cup more important than the Olympics Basketball but still refuse to make the Olympics event an U-23 one like the Soccer event. It's obvious that as long as countries are sending their main teams to the Olympics it's gonna remain the most important international Basketball event.

Countries send their main team to the FIBA World Cup too......so what exactly is your point?

Punpun
08-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Countries send their main team to the FIBA World Cup too......so what exactly is your point?

THAT AN EVENT HAPPENING EVERY 4 YEARS AND AS PRESTIGIOUS AS THE OLYMPICS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A WORLD CUP EVENT BRUH.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 10:08 AM
THAT AN EVENT HAPPENING EVERY 4 YEARS AND AS PRESTIGIOUS AS THE OLYMPICS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A WORLD CUP EVENT BRUH.

Olympics only has 12 teams, and they are trying to get 16.

World Cup will have 32 teams and 64 at the qualification stage.

Anyone that thinks the Olympics is better has an I.Q. in the low 60s range.

Nick Young
08-19-2012, 10:10 AM
3 on 3 is an actual event? Yes, more medals for USA.

Kobe-Carmelo-Durant

Is USA allowed multiple teams in the 3v3 tournament? We would cleansweep that shit

Punpun
08-19-2012, 10:15 AM
More teams =/= More prestige. What I said isn't up to debate euroleague. It's just me stating facts. Either take them or **** off.

Xiao Yao You
08-19-2012, 11:30 AM

Most important in America. To most countries the World Championship is more important. A lot of good teams don't make it to the olympics even if they go to 16. Some good European teams didn't make it to the World Championships with 24 teams.

CeltsGarlic
08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Most important in America. To most countries the World Championship is more important. A lot of good teams don't make it to the olympics even if they go to 16. Some good European teams didn't make it to the World Championships with 24 teams.

Nope, olympics is the shit in basketball. No way to deny it.

tomtucker
08-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Olympics only has 12 teams, and they are trying to get 16.

World Cup will have 32 teams and 64 at the qualification stage.

Anyone that thinks the Olympics is better has an I.Q. in the low 60s range.

why would having more teams make for a better tournament ?........there are only about 4 national teams in the whole world that are any good at playing basketball anyway

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
More teams =/= More prestige. What I said isn't up to debate euroleague. It's just me stating facts. Either take them or **** off.

You are wrong. Many, many countries hold the world cup above the Olympics.

Euroleague
08-19-2012, 04:53 PM
why would having more teams make for a better tournament ?........there are only about 4 national teams in the whole world that are any good at playing basketball anyway

And you are a moron.

lilgodfather1
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
You are wrong. Many, many countries hold the world cup above the Olympics.
And yet an NBA title is still far better than any world cup, Olympic medal, or any other non NBA title you can claim. Hell the NCAA is a better product than the rest too. Face it Euroleague the Euro trash sucks at basketball. The few good euro's play in the NBA anyways.

Bandito
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]I don

tomtucker
08-20-2012, 03:20 PM
forgot to log out from your alternate account?

no....:oldlol: .......i am just screwing around............

bdreason
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM

End of thread right here.

Euroleague
08-21-2012, 08:12 AM
End of thread right here.

Maybe Team USA can actually win more world titles than Yugoslavia..........I doubt it though, since that's the tournament that most of the European countries take as the most important.

coin24
08-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Maybe Team USA can actually win more world titles than Yugoslavia..........I doubt it though, since that's the tournament that most of the European countries take as the most important.

How the fu*k would you know?????

YOU LIVE IN ARKANSAS RETARD:facepalm :facepalm