PDA

View Full Version : John Salley with tremendous hate on MJ

mark
08-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't get it at all. I think Salley was frequently ridiculed by Pippen but why all of the sudden hate on MJ. His whole interview is spiteful and vengeance. I don't get it. Salley rates MJ 4th or 5th all time, plus put LeBron ahead of him defensively. What a moron.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/index?w=1c1og&i=COM

Under Salley:Jordan not greatest ever

G-train
08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
I dont get your link

scm5
08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
I didn't watch the interview you are talking about, but it's generally well known that MJ was a dick to most people. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends to fellow players and that's why Salley doesn't like him.

blacknapalm
08-14-2012, 10:50 PM
the guy has always hated MJ. i'm not sure if there was a specific incident or what but considering it's MJ, it's definitely possible. salley used to bring up and criticize MJ all the time on that fox show back in the day...like shit wasn't even relevant to the topic but he'd go on a rant anyway :oldlol:

i know MJ gave him a couple cheap digs in retaliation to what detroit was doing back in the day...but does that warrant a hate crusade?

DatAsh
08-14-2012, 10:53 PM
salley used to bring up and criticize MJ all the time on that fox show back in the day...like shit wasn't even relevant to the topic but he'd go on a rant anyway :oldlol:

Sounds like some of the guys here:lol

mark
08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I didn't watch the interview you are talking about, but it's generally well known that MJ was a dick to most people. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends to fellow players and that's why Salley doesn't like him.

Agreed its severe resentment you can see it all over his face. Like his career was important. He probably got belittled and thinks its time for retribution, instead of paying homage. Should just shut his mouth. He said Isaiah Thomas was better what a joke.

StarJordan
08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
because jordan wouldn't let his pistons get glory and kept isiah thomas off the dream team. what jordan wanted, jordan got.

mark
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
because jordan wouldn't let his pistons get glory and kept isiah thomas off the dream team. what jordan wanted, jordan got.

Was a jerk no doubt, but Isaiah wasn't better. He's belittling himself looking stupid.

Smoke117
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't even like Jordan, but who the hell gives a shit what John Salley has to say? He's a ****ing nobody.

AK47DR91
08-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Something must have happened during that 1996 season.

mark
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't even like Jordan, but who the hell gives a shit what John Salley has to say? He's a ****ing nobody.

That's exactly my sentiment.

stephanieg
08-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Everyone on the Pistons hated MJ, film at 11.

It was pretty awkward when the Bulls picked up Rodman.

magictricked
08-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Funny how as the years go by the target on Jordan's back gets larger. The shine is off, the hype is over and now people are not as shy about sharing their true feelings, Be careful who you step on on your way up because those same people will still be there on your way down

WockaVodka
08-14-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't get it at all. I think Salley was frequently ridiculed by Pippen but why all of the sudden hate on MJ. His whole interview is spiteful and vengeance. I don't get it. Salley rates MJ 4th or 5th all time, plus put LeBron ahead of him defensively. What a moron.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/index?w=1c1og&i=COM

Under Salley:Jordan not greatest ever
So he is a moron because he does not believe he is the greatest ever? It's not like jordan is the far away greatest ever. He has a case and probably the best case among all but other great players like Kareem and Russell have great cases as well.

Plus, Salley is not the only former Jordan teammate that hates or dislikes him, not a whole lot of Jordan's teammates do like him just fyi.

TheAesirsFinest
08-14-2012, 11:18 PM
So he is a moron because he does not believe he is the greatest ever?

No, I'm pretty sure that's why he's a moron.

WockaVodka
08-14-2012, 11:19 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that's why he's a moron.
that still doesn't make him a moron because lebron arguably is better defensively and you could list up to 3 to 4 players better than him.

mark
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM
So he is a moron because he does not believe he is the greatest ever? It's not like jordan is the far away greatest ever. He has a case and probably the best case among all but other great players like Kareem and Russell have great cases as well.

Plus, Salley is not the only former Jordan teammate that hates or dislikes him, not a whole lot of Jordan's teammates do like him just fyi.

He rates Isaiah over MJ. Just flat out state that you hate MJ, instead of incorrect comparisons. He completely lacks logic. MJ must have been with his sister or something. MJ had a ridiculous number of accomplishments, putting LeBron in the same sentence is plain wrong.

andgar923
08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
He basically agreed that they beat him up.

WockaVodka
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Pretty much.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jordan would be the most hated player if he was playing in today's league with the media and how they constantly follow these players.

People would realize what kind of a-hole he was.

He was a great player and I'm not denying that, but he was also a serious a-hole. you guys think kobe and lebron are bad? MJ was like 50x worse.

Indian guy
08-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Salley's been hating on MJ since his Piston days. I don't know WTF is his problem, but he does not like the guy.

LongLiveTheKing
08-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I heard him say on 1st Take, that Magic was the GOAT, and Jordan didn't beat the Pistons that the league dismantled the Pistons, and if Jordan was so good why would 6-2 Dumars could stop him.

SpecialQue
08-14-2012, 11:36 PM
This idea that Jordan is completely untouchable and cannot be criticized ever really needs to die.

bizil
08-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Salley is entitled to his opinion. If u take for example Bird, Magic, and MJ all at their peak, I would still take MJ. Because he was a great scorer, great passer, great defender,and great rebounder all in one. Bird and Magic had three out of the four and were bigger players who could both play the PF. And u can say Bird and Magic were both better at rebounding and passing. But MJ at 6'6 was as complete as a player could possibly be at that size. I don't know what the hell Salley is talking about in terms of MJ and passing the pill. MJ is a great passer, arguably the greatest passing SG of all time. Easily capable of playing PG, SG,and SF. And let's not forget that the MOST PREMIUM ASSET IN BBALL IS ALPHA TAKEOVER SCORING ABILITY! MJ and Bird are arguably the two greatest of all time at it when u thrown in the clutch gene. Magic is up there too, but he was PG who put more into being a QB throughout the game. But when it came time to takeover or if he needed to, Magic or Isiah could dominate scoring damn near on the level of MJ or Bird.

But I will say this, if Magic and Bird had close to MJ's athletic ability and defense, I feel they would be the better players. That's why the potential LeBron has is very scary. He has the athletic ability and defense Bird or Magic never had. And Bron's feel for the game reminds me more of a Bird or Magic than MJ. MJ and Kobe are more attack first kind of guys who were great passers.

jstern
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
The other day I was thinking why does John Salley hate Jordan so much, wondering what went down there. So it's funny seeing this thread. Too bad the link doesn't work.

jlip
08-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I would like to hear people's opinion on an issue that Salley brought up regarding defense across eras. I call it the reverse effect of hand-checking. Most people of my generation (I'm 35) who were able to see most or all of MJ's career are quick to tout how difficult it was to score in the 90's because of hand-checking and how today's players would struggle to score under 90's defensive rules. Conversely very few of us make the other argument that defenders of the 90's would struggle today because they can't use the added advantage of guiding the offensive players with their hands anymore.

Is there any validity to that second assertion? Also, can we have it both ways? Can we in good conscience boost the legacy of the players of our childhood and adolescence from 15-20 years ago claiming that they were better partially because it was more difficult to score during the 90's due to the physicality of the era and hand-checking but not consider that maybe the defenders of that era would struggle today because they couldn't use those same defensive advantages now?

Just got me to thinking...

NumberSix
08-14-2012, 11:50 PM
We making John Salley threads now?

DatAsh
08-14-2012, 11:56 PM
that still doesn't make him a moron because lebron arguably is better defensively and you could list up to 3 to 4 players better than him.

Lebron has absolutely no argument over Jordan what so ever defensively at this point in his career. Lebron has had 1 elite defensive season. Jordan had 4-6 seasons that were on that same level or higher, and then another 4-5 seasons that were better than anything of Lebron's other seasons.

Lebron was amazing defensively this past year, but one year of elite defense doesn't make you great in an all time sense.

To quote myself from another thread

If we're strictly talking absolute peak, I'd say it's somewhat close, but I'd still give Jordan the edge. It's also an unknown at this point and time whether or not Lebron has actually peaked. This might be a more valid comparison a few years down the road.

In terms of what they actually did on court.

Jordan was easily the better man to man iso defender. He was laterally a bit quicker than Lebron and better at anticipating where his man was going and adjusting his feet and body accordingly. He was also very skilled with his hands. Ball handlers had to be very cautious and protect the ball at all times when Jordan was on the. This is where Jordan's biggest and most significant edge is defensively in my opinion.

Jordan also clearly trumps Lebron with his off the ball defense. Watch the way he relentlessly fights around screens(often to the point of fouling the screener ). Watch the way he tirelessly battles his man inside the post to keep him from getting the ball(often times nearly starting a fight). Lebron isn't a bad off the ball defender, he does stay with his man, he does tend to give the appropriate amount of space depending on who he's guarding, he doesn't give up after getting screened, in fact, he does most things right, he just doesn't have the same tenacity that Jordan had. That viscous and relentless tenacity also made Jordan the better full court trap and press defender (he and Scottie together were an absolute nightmare).

Help defense is close. Lebron, because of his size and strength is more capable of helping down low in the post against the big guys than Jordan was. He can use his size to help some of the smaller players on his team who maybe get caught down low off of an unfortunate switch and take over when need arises. Where Jordan has him beat, and why I'd still give Jordan the edge here, is timing, and a lot of that comes from his superior defensive intelligence.

Jordan and Pippen were among the smartest players ever when it comes to general defensive knowledge. They'd literally spend hours after the rest of the team had gone home, practicing defense and coming up with new defensive tricks and strategies to help their team win. Both of them had an impeccable sense of where everyone on their team should be at all times, when and how to help, who to help off of, who not to help off of, where the guy with the ball was going, how to make him go somewhere else, I could go on, but you get the picture. Both were also masters of thievery and perhaps the two best ball thieves of all time(Considering they both led the league in steals several times without sacrificing defense). They both possessed an incredibly keen, almost unnatural ability to pick up on when a player lost focus, even for just an instant, and how to capitalize on that loss of focus.

Where Lebron has a fairly significant edge, and makes up a ton of ground for his shortcoming elsewhere is his defensive versatility. I think people tend to underrate just how important versatility is as an aspect of defense. For one, it allows your team more freedom with various rosters and lineups(play small and put Lebron on their PF, or play big and have Lebron guard one of their wing players). Two, it mitigates the effects of some of those necessary but awful switches that tend to leave a lot of players up shit creek and without a paddle. Look at the 91 finals, Jordan was clearly the best defender on his team at that particular point in time, yet Scottie's superior versatility made him the better defender for that particular match up. Magic's size was obviously bothering Jordan, and although Scottie could have helped, the other options were even worse, so pick your poison. Scottie and Lebron might have actually been better in a situation like that.

Overall, peak vs peak, I'm going with Jordan at this point, but who knows how the rest of Lebron's career will actually pan out.

In an all time sense, you have to realize that Jordan matched and probably surpassed the level that Lebron found this last year, and kept up that level for 5 years( and with 4 or so more years on par or greater than Lebron's 10-11 season). Because of that, Lebron's all time case kind of goes down the drain, at least for the time being. To be among the all time defensive greats, it's not enough to do it for just one season.

KOBE143
08-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Kobe is the only player better than MJ.. John Salley is known as Jordan's hater..

DatAsh
08-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I would like to hear people's opinion on an issue that Salley brought up regarding defense across eras. I call it the reverse effect of hand-checking. Most people of my generation (I'm 35) who were able to see most or all of MJ's career are quick to tout how difficult it was to score in the 90's because of hand-checking and how today's players would struggle to score under 90's defensive rules. Conversely very few of us make the other argument that defenders of the 90's would struggle today because they can't use the added advantage of guiding the offensive players with their hands anymore.

Is there any validity to that second assertion? Also, can we have it both ways? Can we in good conscience boost the legacy of the players of our childhood and adolescence from 15-20 years ago claiming that they were better partially because it was more difficult to score during the 90's due to the physicality of the era and hand-checking but not consider that maybe the defenders of that era would struggle today because they couldn't use those same defensive advantages now?

I think there's some validity to both assertions. Like you said, we can't spin it both ways. Offensively the guys today have it a bit easier(on the perimeter) since it's much easier to beat your man off the dribble when he can't touch you, but by the same token, it's easier to defend guys on the perimeter if you're allowed to touch them.

Neither affects that game all that much in my opinion, but it does do something.

TheBigVeto
08-15-2012, 12:07 AM
This idea that Jordan is completely untouchable and cannot be criticized ever really needs to die.

LOL Spoken like a true Kobetard.

andgar923
08-15-2012, 12:08 AM

I thought about this before because it was used as an argument. But here's the problem with the counter argument. In today's era players in general are dumber. They make silly mistakes, like

Da_Realist
08-15-2012, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Btw

franchiez
08-15-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.dreamvillain.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tumblr_ltbymhfOQZ1qcuv78o1_500.jpg

Da_Realist
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
I've privately wondered if Salley took some heat from MJ during his days in Chicago. With the way MJ ran practices, Salley seemed to be the perfect target. Salley has always been a prankster, loved telling jokes (even did stand up for a while during his career and by the time he joined the Bulls he had already made his money and won his titles. He was just collecting checks. That laissez-faire attitude didn't seem to mesh with MJ's hyper competitive, super intensive attitude towards practice. I used to always wonder how in the world he and MJ got along.

And John played for the Bulls during the 96 season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91136). Definitely the wrong season to play the clown.

franchiez
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
True. MJ played D with his feet.
He was underrated as a defender too.

1987_Lakers
08-15-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.dreamvillain.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tumblr_ltbymhfOQZ1qcuv78o1_500.jpg

:bowdown:

andgar923
08-15-2012, 12:27 AM
I find it odd since Salley once said MJ was hilarious. Years ago on Best Damn Sports Show, they were asked which sports star they would like to see get interviewed, and john said MJ cause he was hilarious.

I originally didn't think he was hating on MJ, they all have their criteria on what the greatest player should be, but then he said Zeke could drop 40 points at 6'1 or so. As if MJ couldn't do that.

He later bragged about them holding MJ, but then said they were very physical with him

Da_Realist
BTW

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7455255&postcount=6

jstern

I always defend today's players saying that it's not that they're less physical, sissies, etc, that's it's the rule. So yes, some defenders would struggle. Doc Rivers said he would struggle playing defense if he played today. The argument usually is how it has made it easier for perimeter scorers.

Whoah10115
08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
The Interview (just audio):

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8268528

steve
08-15-2012, 12:36 AM

There's a great quote in Jack McCallum's Dream Team book that's out now where he's talking to Pippen and brings up who the better defender between the two was. Pippen sort of laughs and then says something to the effect of Jordan being able to get away with a lot more than anyone else could and (I'm paraphrasing) "Jordan would be over there mauling Dumars and getting the steal and the refs would do nothing."

I usually have a problem with people mentioning defense in the '90s because the clutch and grab tactics, of the Knicks and Heat especially, isn't defense in basketball and never should've been and the league was right ti make that correction. The point of defense is to stay in front of the offense player without putting your hands on him, sure the offensive player probably has the advantage but that's just apart of basketball (granted, offensive fouls have been ridiculously lax since the iso era.)

Also, I find it kind of telling that people's first reaction is to jump on Salley and wonder what Jordan did to him, as if the man is incapable of having his opinion and it being a valid one. There's a lot of hero worship when it comes with Jordan and that mentality correlates a lot with highlights being shown more regularly and every game being televised. I'm not saying there isn't a legit argument for Jordan being the greatest of all time (there is, obviously), but I think a lot of people's opinions might be swayed by reasons they're not even aware of, in a way that doesn't necessarily apply to other players. Also to say that there isn't a discussion and that other player can't enter the argument is fundamentally a ridiculous, narrow minded, and obtuse stance to take.

LAClipsFan33
08-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Title should have been : "John Salley tremendous b!tch"

Dude still salty LOL

:oldlol:

TheMan
08-15-2012, 12:45 AM
You know you hating when you claim Thomas>Jordan...:no:

andgar923
08-15-2012, 12:47 AM
You know you hating when you claim Thomas>Jordan...:no:

That's why imo he was hating.

I had no problem when he said Magic and Bird>> MJ but Zeke?

OldSchoolBBall
08-15-2012, 12:52 AM
There's a great quote in Jack McCallum's Dream Team book that's out now where he's talking to Pippen and brings up who the better defender between the two was. Pippen sort of laughs and then says something to the effect of Jordan being able to get away with a lot more than anyone else could and (I'm paraphrasing) "Jordan would be over there mauling Dumars and getting the steal and the refs would do nothing."

Which is especially funny because Pippen did a ton more handchecking and hacking on defense than Jordan did.

BigMic
08-15-2012, 01:27 AM
The Interview (just audio):

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8268528
Thx.

Salley is so embittered :(

andgar923
08-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Thx.

Salley is so embittered :(

Salley "We pushed him left, and we weren't worried about it.":rolleyes:

He just doesn't make any sense, which is why he comes across as a hater.

andgar923
08-15-2012, 01:40 AM
Salley: Kobe is gonna score 34 point next season.

:biggums:

AngelEyes
08-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Funny how as the years go by the target on Jordan's back gets larger. The shine is off, the hype is over and now people are not as shy about sharing their true feelings, Be careful who you step on on your way up because those same people will still be there on your way down

Spoken like a true retard.

comerb
08-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Salley was from the "bad boy" Piston's and he was always hanging from Isiah's nut sack, so it's not really surprising.

The funny part was where he said "we weren't worried about him, we just knew if you pushed him left and he picked the ball up he couldn't pass it."... and yet the Piston's had a whole defensive scheme on Jordan that had it's own name and rules and involved throwing double and triples teams at him constantly while being overtly physical. Yeah, that sounds like all ya had to do was "push him left" John... you definitely weren't worried about him.

You'd think he'd be a little more appreciative after he rode Jordan's sack to a 72 win season and another ring. I'm curious on how Jordan pissed in his cheerios in that 95'-96' season.

senelcoolidge
08-15-2012, 04:37 AM
I've noticed a lot of MJ hating lately. This kind of happens every 10 years or so. When you have a new generation of players you downplay the guys from before to make the current guys seem like they are the greatest. It's media play. Oh, Lebron is the greatest ever..15 years from now..oh this guy is the greatest ever. It's happened to Wilt and others and now it's happening to MJ.

scandisk_
08-15-2012, 04:47 AM
I've noticed a lot of MJ hating lately. This kind of happens every 10 years or so. When you have a new generation of players you downplay the guys from before to make the current guys seem like they are the greatest. It's media play. Oh, Lebron is the greatest ever..15 years from now..oh this guy is the greatest ever. It's happened to Wilt and others and now it's happening to MJ.

It's all fair, happens to everyone. Though I doubt the hate on MJ/propping up the current players would even affect the perception on MJ. It's like wash, rinse, repeat e.g a current superstar (LeBron or Kobe) underperforms on the biggest stage - the media drags them down like there's no tomorrow. But when he wins a title or some sort the G.O.A.T comparisons continue. What happens when LBJ or Kobe performed like an a$$ on another trip this year to the finals? :confusedshrug: Media = Gurbage

Calabis
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
According to Salley: Zeke Thomas is better than Kobe and MJ

Magic, Lebron, Kareem, Russell, Zeke and everyone else is better than Jordan.

He goes on to say how Jordan had the advantage of using handchecking,to guide players then talks about how they pushed, collapsed and smashed him:wtf: is this mf'er is retarded

I knew this mf'er was stupid when he said A. Peterson was the best running back, since Jim Brown:facepalm

ever hear of Payton, Campbell, Dickerson, Sanders, Smith :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
08-15-2012, 09:43 AM

I usually have a problem with people mentioning defense in the '90s because the clutch and grab tactics, of the Knicks and Heat especially, isn't defense in basketball and never should've been and the league was right ti make that correction. The point of defense is to stay in front of the offense player without putting your hands on him, sure the offensive player probably has the advantage but that's just apart of basketball (granted, offensive fouls have been ridiculously lax since the iso era.)

Also, I find it kind of telling that people's first reaction is to jump on Salley and wonder what Jordan did to him, as if the man is incapable of having his opinion and it being a valid one. There's a lot of hero worship when it comes with Jordan and that mentality correlates a lot with highlights being shown more regularly and every game being televised. I'm not saying there isn't a legit argument for Jordan being the greatest of all time (there is, obviously), but I think a lot of people's opinions might be swayed by reasons they're not even aware of, in a way that doesn't necessarily apply to other players. Also to say that there isn't a discussion and that other player can't enter the argument is fundamentally a ridiculous, narrow minded, and obtuse stance to take.Well stated.

guy
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Anyone see him on First Take when he asked "Is Michael Jordan greater then Dr. J?" And everyone answered yes, and John Salley had like this surprised reaction? It was odd. I don't think I've ever heard anyone try to make the argument for Dr. J but here he was surprised. And the Isiah comment was odd. At least there are arguments for players like Bird and Magic. It seems like one of those agendas where he's always going to go against him. You could've probably asked him if someone like Allen Iverson was a better player then Jordan and he'd say yes.

guy
08-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Salley is entitled to his opinion. If u take for example Bird, Magic, and MJ all at their peak, I would still take MJ. Because he was a great scorer, great passer, great defender,and great rebounder all in one. Bird and Magic had three out of the four and were bigger players who could both play the PF. And u can say Bird and Magic were both better at rebounding and passing. But MJ at 6'6 was as complete as a player could possibly be at that size. I don't know what the hell Salley is talking about in terms of MJ and passing the pill. MJ is a great passer, arguably the greatest passing SG of all time. Easily capable of playing PG, SG,and SF. And let's not forget that the MOST PREMIUM ASSET IN BBALL IS ALPHA TAKEOVER SCORING ABILITY! MJ and Bird are arguably the two greatest of all time at it when u thrown in the clutch gene. Magic is up there too, but he was PG who put more into being a QB throughout the game. But when it came time to takeover or if he needed to, Magic or Isiah could dominate scoring damn near on the level of MJ or Bird.

But I will say this, if Magic and Bird had close to MJ's athletic ability and defense, I feel they would be the better players. That's why the potential LeBron has is very scary. He has the athletic ability and defense Bird or Magic never had. And Bron's feel for the game reminds me more of a Bird or Magic than MJ. MJ and Kobe are more attack first kind of guys who were great passers.

Lebron is far from as great of a passer as Magic and Bird, and he's nowhere near as skilled of a scorer or rebounder as Bird. He's not Magic/Bird with Jordan's athleticism like you are implying.

guy
08-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Did Lebron really guard Roy Hibbert? I don't remember. This idea that Lebron guards all 5 positions efficiently is really overblown.

Its funny, cause Lebron could only guard like 2-3 positions just a few years ago. Now, he's improved that much that he can guard everyone in the league? :oldlol:

Calabis
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Did Lebron really guard Roy Hibbert? I don't remember. This idea that Lebron guards all 5 positions efficiently is really overblown.

Its funny, cause Lebron could only guard like 2-3 positions a few years ago. Now, he's improved that much that he can guard everyone in that league? :oldlol:

Jordan guarded Divac in the Finals, can he guard all 5 positions too?:confusedshrug:

swi7ch
08-15-2012, 10:04 AM
salley is just doing this for publicity.

get these NETS
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
haven't seen the clip or the link

but if he's saying what he's alleged to be saying ,has to be deeper than basketball

MJ must have taken some of his groupies from him....or maybe banged his wife

not like he couldn't if he wanted to

TheMan
08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
According to Salley: Zeke Thomas is better than Kobe and MJ

Magic, Lebron, Kareem, Russell, Zeke and everyone else is better than Jordan.

He goes on to say how Jordan had the advantage of using handchecking,to guide players then talks about how they pushed, collapsed and smashed him:wtf: is this mf'er is retarded

I knew this mf'er was stupid when he said A. Peterson was the best running back, since Jim Brown:facepalm

ever hear of Payton, Campbell, Dickerson, Sanders, Smith :confusedshrug:

Yeah, it's ironic that a former Piston Bad Boy would point that out, the Pistons would grab, push and literally maul Jordan whenever he got in the lane, that was the main reason Jordan started to bulk up and add muscle in the late 80s because of all the physical plays the Pistons dished out on him. Salley is just being a little butthurt bitch.

AlphaWolf24
08-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Can Jordan stans please just copy and paste (or create if they haven't been made yet) the "Jordan Guidelines"....so we as a basketball community know what is ok and not ok to say about MJ.

For example:

The Jordan Guidelines

1.anyone saying Kareem , Russell , Bird or Magic were better then Jordan shall be thrown into a tank of Sharks with Lasers.

2. anyone who says Kobe or Lebron may be better then MJ at a part of basketball shall be forced to watch 10 episodes of Baywatch Nights

3.anyone who thinks MJ wasn't really cut from his highschool team , thinks Craig ehlo was a crappy defender , doesn't like Space Jam and thinks the 90's were watered down shall be shunned from the planet Earth where they will be exalted into space until ISH updates thier page layout from Bulliten V2 - V3

TheMan
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Can Jordan stans please just copy and paste (or create if they haven't been made yet) the "Jordan Guidelines"....so we as a basketball community know what is ok and not ok to say about MJ.

For example:

The Jordan Guidelines

1.anyone saying Kareem , Russell , Bird or Magic were better then Jordan shall be thrown into a tank of Sharks with Lasers.

2. anyone who says Kobe or Lebron may be better then MJ at a part of basketball shall be forced to watch 10 episodes of Baywatch Nights

3.anyone who thinks MJ wasn't really cut from his highschool team , thinks Craig ehlo was a crappy defender , doesn't like Space Jam and thinks the 90's were watered down shall be shunned from the planet Earth where they will be exalted into space until ISH updates thier page layout from Bulliten V2 - V3

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22882000/ngbbs4defdc059a896.jpg

Calabis
08-15-2012, 01:22 PM

For example:

The Jordan Guidelines

:facepalm

As soon as u and ur misfits realize these guidelines

1. Players mentioned in guideline #1, Kobe is not better than, so quit saying or acting like he's goat. Also most Jordan fans believe all those mentioned have a strong case and don't have a issue with it.

2. Kobe fans need to realize that besides range Kobe doesn't do anything better than Jordan, although the gap is not huge he is a lesser version of MJ, due to bball iq
and decision making

3. Anyone who isn't considering Kobe a top 5 candidate is not a hater or a u mad individual. They just have common sense

jbot
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
yeah, just saw this. he talks about how mj's defense relied to much on hand checking.

AlphaWolf24
08-15-2012, 02:20 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22882000/ngbbs4defdc059a896.jpg

hec yeah I'm mad....I wanna embed !!!!!!:mad:

jayfan
08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I completely understand where Salley is coming from. It's the big brother/ little brother dynamic. Salley and his teammates spent years bitch-slapping little brother Mike around. Eventually, little brother grew up and got over, but in Salley's eyes, he'll always just be little brother. And Isiah was the lead big brother, who, contrary to the belief of stat geeks, was a great, great player whose referenced performance against the Lakers was a top 5 single game performance in NBA history. Salley simply has more admiration for players that he aspired to beat, like Bird, Magic, McHale... than those who aspired to beat him - like little brother Mike.

Timmy D for MVP
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Jordan was loved and respected by a pretty large portion of the NBA.

Those were the guys like him, the alphas. They got him, they understood him, and they loved him. He was popular in a sense. Like a CEO that was loved among the top business execs.

But the other portion of the NBA hated him. And it's easy to see why. He was Jordan, we all know what his near mental disorder of a competitive drive. He was that kind of guy that would stick the needle in, and then twist it, just to make sure you knew who was boss. He stepped on many toes, but most in the professional sports world understand that process I think. Jordan had a tendency to go over board with it. I'm sure a good many are still bitter.

Salley was never anywhere near an alpha. He has always been bitter, for whatever reason. I would love for someone to write a book about all the known Jordan haters from his past, and interview them and get the stories on why they felt that way. I'd buy that shit right quick.

Owl
08-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Ah but you forget, he's a 4 time NBA champion on 3 different teams (89 and 90 Pistons, 96 Bulls and 2000 Lakers) and thus necessarily is one of the greats of the game. I believe that's how the argument goes anyway :D

Da_Realist
08-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I completely understand where Salley is coming from. It's the big brother/ little brother dynamic. Salley and his teammates spent years bitch-slapping little brother Mike around. Eventually, little brother grew up and got over, but in Salley's eyes, he'll always just be little brother. And Isiah was the lead big brother, who, contrary to the belief of stat geeks, was a great, great player whose referenced performance against the Lakers was a top 5 single game performance in NBA history. Salley simply has more admiration for players that he aspired to beat, like Bird, Magic, McHale... than those who aspired to beat him - like little brother Mike.

Nah... Salley collected a ring sitting on the bench watching Mike lead the team to 72 wins for his fourth title. After sitting out for almost 2 seasons. If the little brother syndrome hadn't flown out the window before that, it certainly did by then.

sekachu
08-16-2012, 05:42 AM

He couldn't do anything against Mj on the court. He find way to against him in the interview. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rt_Z5iFbog&feature=related

This is where his hate came from on MJ.