PDA

View Full Version : LeGod achieves a Triple Double

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 06:59 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: holy shit were blowing up australia save the kangaroos

LeGod's triple double is the first in USA basketball history and Olympic History!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I CAME! ! ! !

11 points, 12 assists and 14 rebounds and all that with 0 TURNOVERS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1283852/leusa.gif
http://i.imgur.com/kzwxj.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
How many triple doubles have there been in Olympic history?

SourPatchKids
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: holy shit were blowing up australia save the kangaroos

I CAME! ! ! !

11 points, 12 assists and 14 rebounds.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7n2m5qgcr1qej6m2o4_r2_250.gif

swag2011
08-08-2012, 07:01 PM
not really a fan so i haven't really watched him much but i must say his court vision is really good. Does anyone know what's the most assists he's ever got in a game before?

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:02 PM
not really a fan so i haven't really watched him much but i must say his court vision is really good. Does anyone know what's the most assists he's ever got in a game before?
Did you just start watching him :biggums: he's not 1 dimensional

KingBeasley08
08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Gawd of basketball :bowdown:

Faptastrophe
08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
How many triple doubles have there been in Olympic history?

LeBron's triple double is the first in USA basketball history.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:05 PM
LeBron's triple double is the first in USA basketball history.
added it to the op :applause:

Cherry Picker
08-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Meet me on the court and I'm trouble ....

CasterL
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Great performance all around. He just looks so composed and confident all the time. Good plays all over the place.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Great performance all around. He just looks so composed and confident all the time. Good plays all over the place.
:rockon: :applause:

truhooper
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
:bowdown:

BlueandGold
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Amazing performance.. arguably the most talented NBA player of all time.. perhaps only Wilt/Shaq/Jordan and maybe Kobe has been more talented.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Amazing performance.. arguably the most talented NBA player of all time.. perhaps only Wilt/Shaq/Jordan has been more talented.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

RRR3
08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
He's not looking to score enough for my liking.

kaiteng
08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kzwxj.gif

BlueandGold
08-08-2012, 07:14 PM
That's not his game, and it would also take away from his passing/distributing abilities.

jlip

LeGod's triple double is the first in USA basketball history.

I CAME! ! ! !

11 points, 12 assists and 14 rebounds.

Commentators keep saying that this is the 1st in Olympic history period not just USA Olympic b-ball history. BTW...It was 11 assists instead of 12.

pauk
wow... really? is it the first in history?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RRR3
08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
That's not his game, and it would also take away from his passing/distributing abilities.
He's won a scoring title, and led olympics in scoring in 2008 :confusedshrug:

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Luckily basketball is about defending scoring rebounding creating shots and cow tipping if it was based on scoring lebron would not have won some mvps

LBJ 23
08-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Some time ago I remember people saying that Lebron might be better passer than CP3 and Deron and people were calling them crazy. But slowly, an example of games played together is getting bigger and bigger and this claim is not as far fetched as people firstly thought. I mean, Lebron is really not having ball in his hands a lot more than CP3 and yet his passes are more effective and he's establishing his teammates into rhythm way more than CP3 for example. Deron is not even in the conversation, trying too hard to score and neglecting passing in these Olympics.

Cowboy Thunder
08-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Love OKC and Goatbrook, KD, Beard, Blocka, etc...

but man, LeBron is gooood. :eek:

RRR3
08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Luckily basketbnall is about defending scoring rebounding creating shots and cow tipping if it was based on scoring lebron would not have won some mvps
Are you aware LeBron is the 3rd highest scorer in NBA history?
And LeBron is playing great, don't get me wrong, it's just weird since he's the 2nd best scorer on the team besides KD that he's not trying to score as much

BlueandGold
08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I mean that's not his game this olympics. Along with Lebron you have literally the top3 wing scorers in the league in Melo, Durant and Bryant.

Anyways I said it was an amazing performance. I've never seen that type of game in any olympic game i've watched. How many minutes did he average? Normally whenever a play starts going crazy hot/dominating the coach pulls that player when the lead starts growing in order to preserve the competitive spirit. Wasn't Melo's 37 points in like 14 minutes or something?

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I mean that's not his game this olympics. Along with Lebron you have literally the top3 wing scorers in the league in Melo, Durant and Bryant.

Anyways I said it was an amazing performance. I've never seen that type of game in any olympic game i've watched. How many minutes did he average? Normally whenever a play starts going crazy hot/dominating the coach pulls that player when the lead starts growing in order to preserve the competitive spirit. Wasn't Melo's 37 points in like 14 minutes or something?
I was hoping they put him in the game in the 4th when he came in we were only up 12 and not safe for my liking in a elimination game

chips93
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Some time ago I remember people saying that Lebron might be better passer than CP3 and Deron and people were calling them crazy. But slowly, an example of games played together is getting bigger and bigger and this claim is not as far fetched as people firstly thought. I mean, Lebron is really not having ball in his hands a lot more than CP3 and yet his passes are more effective and he's establishing his teammates into rhythm way more than CP3 for example. Deron is not even in the conversation, trying too hard to score and neglecting passing in these Olympics.

its still very very very crazy so say bron is a better passer than cp3

and very crazy to say hes a better passer than deron

b1imtf
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I think it was Wade that lead the team

LongLiveTheKing
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Lebron doing everything he's the MVP of this team!

pauk
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Commentators keep saying that this is the 1st in Olympic history period not just USA Olympic b-ball history..

:lebronamazed:

Jax
08-08-2012, 07:26 PM
WOW, he should just drop 30 next 2 games and be the leading scorer of team USA.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:26 PM
its still very very very crazy so say bron is a better passer than cp3

and very crazy to say hes a better passer than deron
Well he's looking like the goat passer in the olympics right now :bowdown:

Umad101
08-08-2012, 07:27 PM
What do u expect when u hold the ball as long as he does:confusedshrug:

BlueandGold
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Are you aware LeBron is the 3rd highest scorer in NBA history?
And LeBron is playing great, don't get me wrong, it's just weird since he's the 2nd best scorer on the team besides KD that he's not trying to score as much
He's not even top30 according to this :facepalm

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPTSQuery.html?topic=4&stat=1

Do you just blatantly lie to push your agenda? You realize ppl can google stuff right?

Ruutu
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I must say...Lebron is best all around player in the world right now. His court vision is off the charts and he can score if he wants do...we witnessed some history right now

LongLiveTheKing
08-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Lebron had 0 turnovers also!

jlip
08-08-2012, 07:29 PM

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPTSQuery.html?topic=4&stat=1

Do you just blatantly lie to push your agenda? You realize ppl can google stuff right?

3rd highest in points per game not career totals. Lebron is only behind MJ and Wilt in points per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_career.html

TheAesirsFinest
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM

He's been noticeably more effective at creating than both of them this Olympics for sure. Thanks to his height and strength, he can make passes that they can't, and opponents have been foolishly doubling him / dedicating too much help defense at him, allowing him to create even more opportunities than normal.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM

He meant PPG he's only 28 don't see why you thought he would be there :biggums:

kaiteng
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Lebron had 0 turnovers also!
This is actually even more impressive stat that others.

BlueandGold
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
He meant PPG he's only 28 don't see why you thought he would be there :biggums:
He said "highest scorer in NBA history". Where in his post do you see "points per game or even PPG?" Sorry I can't read minds?

3rd highest in points per game not career totals. Lebron is only behind MJ and Wilt in points per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._g_career.html

Thanks for letting me know what he meant without being a dick.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
What do u expect when u hold the ball as long as he does:confusedshrug:
Even kobe went more iso then lebron :lol

Faptastrophe
08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
"LeBron takes 7 shots. Still manages to make history."

FatComputerNerd
08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
LeGoat :pimp:

Fiasco
08-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Why didn't we have a thread when he achieved a triple double in the Finals two years ago?

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Why didn't we have a thread when he achieved a triple double in the Finals two years ago?
This is history :bowdown: we had one this year finals in game 5 tho :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BrickingStar
08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
:applause:

Pacers4ever
08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
wow he looks even better after the finals

alenleomessi
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Meet me on the court and I'm trouble ....
last week ****ed around and got a triple double, freakin ****** everyway like L.B.J :bowdown: ... I can't believe, today was a good day

Is He Ill
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Amazing performance.. arguably the most talented NBA player of all time.. perhaps only Wilt/Shaq/Jordan and maybe Kobe has been more talented.

I'd say maybe Wilt or Jordan match him talent wise, but King James is definitely a complete player and an all time great already. When he is on his A game it's amazing to watch. Another fantastic game for LBJ.

DuMa
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
FYI: LeBron with a triple-double with no turnovers in just 30 minutes time? No NBA player has done that in over 25 yrs.

arifgokcen
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
he has been amazing to watch.As crazy as it sounds seeing his passing skills i am tempted to say he is the best PG on this team.CP has the ball a lot more than lebron dont forget that part

Fiasco
08-08-2012, 08:12 PM
he has been amazing to watch.As crazy as it sounds seeing his passing skills i am tempted to say he is the best PG on this team.CP has the ball a lot more than lebron dont forget that part

Maybe that has to do with the fact that he's the best point guard on this team.

All Net
08-08-2012, 08:13 PM
FYI: LeBron with a triple-double with no turnovers in just 30 minutes time? No NBA player has done that in over 25 yrs.

Indeed, top performance by the best player in the world

inclinerator
08-08-2012, 08:16 PM
lebron can play with any unit

KDTrey5
08-08-2012, 08:17 PM
man is a beasttt

KeyNote
08-08-2012, 08:19 PM
He's so damn gifted..still with a handful of years left in his prime..crazy

PJR
08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
That's my small forward. Let's go Heat.

NiHao
08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
feel so glad to be a witness of this dude:bowdown:

General
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
He's basically the point guard on this team of course he's going to rack up assists passing it to Durant, Kobe, Melo.

BrickingStar
08-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Legod

KingBeasley08
08-08-2012, 09:07 PM
He's basically the point guard on this team of course he's going to rack up assists passing it to Durant, Kobe, Melo.
lol then how come no other PGs done it? :oldlol: clown

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
So he's a better PG magic?

Mr. Incredible
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
LeGOAT

LeBESTPLAYERINDAWORLD

Mr. Incredible
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Hilarious seeing Kobe Stan's wetting the bed in this thread and starting threads.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank god somebody deleted that moronic thread that that kobe stan started.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank god somebody deleted that moronic thread that that kobe stan started.
Dude hates lebron all the way from canada pretty impressive.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Dude hates lebron all the way from canada pretty impressive.
:lol

B-Easy8
08-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Massive travel by Melo in OP's gif.

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Well can't blame the refs they were disorientated after LeBron's sonic boom pass

RoundMoundOfReb
08-08-2012, 09:59 PM
It sorta looked like a mini jumpstop.

nbaballllller
08-08-2012, 10:10 PM
great game from lebron

and lol at peopole trying to discredit him. he is clearly the best playmaker/passer in this team. he had the ball in his hands much less than paul.

its crazy to think that the dude who is 3rd all time in ppg may in fact be a better play maker than scorer

KG215
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Seriously, the desperation and tactics Kobe stans are using to try and discredit what LeBron did is hilarious.

Round Mound
08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Whats all this hype? LeGold HAS BEEN AND IS...The Best Player in the Game for like the Last 4-5 Years...And Now

Rubio2Gasol
08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Seriously, the desperation and tactics Kobe stans are using to try and discredit what LeBron did is hilarious.

Only one Kobe Stan is (The OP) is completely bad. Honestly not sure where I stand on this, great accomplishment, all I can say lmao.Not sure what to make of these Olympic games, I think Rondo could do it no problem if he was on the team and had the ball in his hands.

Fiasco
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
great game from lebron

and lol at peopole trying to discredit him. he is clearly the best playmaker/passer in this team. he had the ball in his hands much less than paul.

its crazy to think that the dude who is 3rd all time in ppg may in fact be a better play maker than scorer

:facepalm

pauk
08-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Whats all this hype? LeGold HAS BEEN AND IS...The Best Player in the Game for like the Last 4-5 Years...And Now
its just shocking to me nobody accomplished this before in olympic history, i mean not even magic was able to do it with the even better people he had to pass to, this td is "just" a td we see often from lebron but its a historic one, the only one

NuggetsFan
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM

You can disagree with it but it's not that crazy. If LeBron played like a Steve Nash and wasn't as aggressive with his own shot in the NBA he could average 10-12 dimes a game probably. It'd be stupid because dominant scoring is more important but LeBron has crazy court vision. Has the mentality for it as well, his teams have just needed him to score at an elite level.

pauk
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
why the hell not?
speaking of assists he could easily give you 10++ apg if he didnt have to "waste" offensive possessions scoring, he has proven it many times.. lebron was not drafted as a pg for nothing... he is basically a magic with more scoring ability...
speaking of court vision i think he might have the best court vision in the nba...
speaking of raw passing skills themselves i think only steve nash can maybe match lebrons repertoir...

cp3, rondo and so on have better ballhandling and pass the ball much more, but that doesnt mean they are better playmakers... when you put all those pgs on the floor the offense will at the end of the day be orchestrated buy the best playmaker... and that is lebron... and thats exactly what you are seeing in the olympics.... cp3 does a great job simply doing a pgs job, but he is not capable of dominating the game like lebron is with his playmaking...

Rubio2Gasol
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
why the hell not?
speaking of assists he could easily give you 10++ apg if he didnt have to "waste" offensive possessions scoring, he has proven it many times.. lebron was not drafted as a pg for nothing... he is basically a magic with more scoring ability...
speaking of court vision i think he might have the best court vision in the nba...
speaking of raw passing skills themselves i think only steve nash can maybe match lebrons repertoir...

cp3, rondo and so on have better ballhandling and pass the ball much more, but that doesnt mean they are better playmakers... when you put all those pgs on the floor the offense will at the end of the day be orchestrated buy the best playmaker... and that is lebron... and thats exactly what you are seeing in the olympics.... cp3 does a great job simply doing a pgs job, but he is not capable of dominating the game like lebron is with his playmaking...

You could say the same for many people to be honest, Prime Mac, Prime Wade, three peat Kobe, they could all do it but they rightfully have a scorers mentality because that's how they could best influence the game.

No suprise Bron gave up the PG act and immediately wins a title.

General
08-08-2012, 11:05 PM
It's not like Lebron is getting all these assists by getting players quality shots. He's passing the ball to All-Stars and future Hall of Famers. He's not passing it to Jared Dudley or Channing Frye like Nash does. Delusional Lebron fans comparing him to Magic:roll:

AlonzoGOAT
08-08-2012, 11:08 PM
It's not like Lebron is getting all these assists by getting players quality shots. He's passing the ball to All-Stars and future Hall of Famers. He's not passing it to Jared Dudley or Channing Frye like Nash does. Delusional Lebron fans comparing him to Magic:roll:
You act like lebron doesn't have several 10+ assist games and magic has had 1 in the olympics with the best team on the planet

blacknapalm
08-08-2012, 11:11 PM
cp3 has led the league twice in assists but isn't capable of dominating with his playmaking? dafuq? he's the league's best playmaker in the PNR, one of the best passers in the paint and one of the best lobbers. how many times has lebron had more than 15 assists? the one edge i'd give lebron is passing across the court and his downcourt bounce pass...mostly because he can put so much power and accuracy behind it.

anyway, fanboys arguing is some pedantic shit. this is the olympics. root for a team and enjoy it. lebron and iggy killed the first half. kobe killed the second half. jesus, it's like you guys arguing over who had the best all-star game. they're all going to have their moments. why not just sit back without making a comparison for a whole minute?

BrickingStar
08-08-2012, 11:18 PM
cp3 has led the league twice in assists but isn't capable of dominating with his playmaking? dafuq? he's the league's best playmaker in the PNR, one of the best passers in the paint and one of the best lobbers. how many times has lebron had more than 15 assists? the one edge i'd give lebron is passing across the court and his downcourt bounce pass...mostly because he can put so much power and accuracy behind it.

anyway, fanboys arguing is some pedantic shit. this is the olympics. root for a team and enjoy it. lebron and iggy killed the first half. kobe killed the Garbage time. jesus, it's like you guys arguing over who had the best all-star game. they're all going to have their moments. why not just sit back without making a comparison for a whole minute?
Fixed he barraged when we were up 12 cmon now:facepalm

DaSeba5
08-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Best player in the world :cheers:

tmacattack33
08-08-2012, 11:22 PM
You could say the same for many people to be honest, Prime Mac, Prime Wade, three peat Kobe, they could all do it but they rightfully have a scorers mentality because that's how they could best influence the game.

No suprise Bron gave up the PG act and immediately wins a title.

?

Only T-mac had excellent court vision out of those you named.

tmacattack33
08-08-2012, 11:24 PM

LOL. Lebron was getting his guys great looks tonight.

And by the way, if the pass doesn't directly lead to an advantage which directly leads to a score for the receiver of the pass, it's not recorded as an assist.

bluechox2
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM
lolbron

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 09:34 AM
you can tell who the Lebron jizz slurpers are in this thread.:lol

plowking
08-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Its just hilarious to me that Jordan fans like to insist that Jordan was in fact a better passer than Lebron, but he just doesn't have the ball as much.

What a crock of shit really. Lebron is on another level in terms of passing. Its quite funny when certain posters act like Grant Hill or McGrady were right there as well.
The only forward/point guard combo player that I can remember being as good was Anfernee Hardaway.

Rubio2Gasol
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Bird and Magic man Dafuq am I reading ?

Optimus Prime
08-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Meh. He wasn't playing against Vspan or Parker so I am not impressed. Deron is on his team and Diogu and White Mamba weren't out there either.:sleeping

:kobe: