PDA

View Full Version : Artest: "Only way to make big trades : You gotta trade big time players."

DTD
07-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
Only way to make big trades : You gotta trade big time players. No way around it.... I'm so dope . Recognize 13 minutes ago.
https://twitter.com/mettaworldpeace

A sign of things to come?

Draz
07-07-2012, 02:25 AM
So.. Artest being shipped IN A DEAL for ..

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Xon0x.gif

Kews1
07-07-2012, 02:30 AM
LOL @ Artest thinking he's a big time player :rolleyes:

rawimpact
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
LOL @ Artest thinking he's a big time player :rolleyes:

he never said that dumbass

WeGetRing2012
Something is definitely going down very sooooonn

livinglegend

You ve got be a dumbass to take everything in first degree

G-Funk
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM
x2

Kews1
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM

its a joke you ****ing retard

WeGetRing2012
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HMcCt6JXETc/T7664WM7A1I/AAAAAAAABqI/PB-DFwmfBQE/s320/dis-gon-b-gud.gif

G-Funk
07-07-2012, 02:42 AM
The source says the Lakers have informed one player that he might be part of the package deal and that he could be traded at any moment.

DirtySanchez
07-07-2012, 02:43 AM
He should not be talking lol

I think we will find out tomorrow Good night good folks

Timmy D for MVP
07-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Something may very well be going down.

But I would never use Ron Artest as a source. This is the same dude that gave an interview about losing your teeth.

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 02:48 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6q4px0Z4F1rrzzh1.gif

therammingman
07-07-2012, 03:48 AM
lakers dont even talk to kobe when they get a new coach....

u think artest knows sht about bynum for howard? psh.

El Kabong
07-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Do any of you read his entire twitter feed? It's a mess of rambling thoughts about random topics and jokes. Wouldn't take anything away from what he said.

Myth
07-07-2012, 04:32 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23097603.jpg

Noof
07-07-2012, 05:14 AM
I think some of you are forgetting who this guy is. :lol

swag2011
07-07-2012, 05:29 AM
His brother tweeted that Lakers will be getting Dwight within 96 hours. Take with a grain of salt.

Daniel Artest ‏@TheRealDMArtest
If u wanna get mad get mad at leaker brass for not going after Ray Allen. Tall relax. Y'all getting dwight within 96hrs. That's a fact I kno

Punpun
07-07-2012, 06:23 AM
His brother is such a bro. Saw him on chat. Metta is a big time player guys. One of the best Defensive player ever.

swag2011
07-07-2012, 06:40 AM
His brother is such a bro. Saw him on chat. Metta is a big time player guys. One of the best Defensive player ever.

agree. Every team needs someone like him. He may be a bit slower, and a bit crazy but he's loyal as hell. If i was on his team i would know no matter what that he has my back. plus he's funny as **** lol, some of the stuff he says is just so weird and dumb you cant' help but to laugh.

He comes through with his defense as well. This past year his clutch steal on CP3, block on Klay Thompson, and steal on Paul Pierce all comes to mind.

I want him to get another ring, so lakers better not trade him.

dunksby
07-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Well he knows he aint getting traded :lol

amfirst
07-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Lakers prob need a guy like him to guard LeBron, so I'm thinking someone else has to go.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Lakers prob need a guy like him to guard LeBron, so I'm thinking someone else has to go.
Bynum for Dwight str8 up won't work?

Umad101
07-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Why not

IGOTGAME
07-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I really didn't want to move Artest either. he is one of the few guys on the squad with championship mettle. Guy hits big shots and competes his ass off. Definitely a big time player on the biggest stages.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
The tweet by Artest's brother scares me.

Only if Howard can call the damn Lakers and threaten them with a lack of performance. My gut tells me that a trade will happen on Monday.

DirtySanchez
07-07-2012, 11:23 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23097603.jpg
Marc Gasol is

TMT
07-07-2012, 11:24 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Magic might want more though.

Umad101
07-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Only if Howard can call the damn Lakers and threaten them with a lack of performance. My gut tells me that a trade will happen on Monday.
Then Monday is going to be a great day for lakernation. Haters get ready:rockon:

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Then Monday is going to be a great day for lakernation. Haters get ready:rockon:

The Lakers will only be recieving Andrew Bynum primarily because Rob Hennigan wants to set the trend for NBA superstars. If he traded Dwight to LA, that will be a huge statement in terms of not letting stars dictate what happens and what doesn't. This punk is trying to act cool. Dwight Howard told you he only wants Brooklyn. You should have made the trade. :rant

The fate of the Nets contending possibilities rest of Rob Hennigan's shoulder. I HATE that punk.

BlackVVaves
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
The Lakers will only be recieving Andrew Bynum primarily because Rob Hennigan wants to set the trend for NBA superstars. If he traded Dwight to LA, that will be a huge statement in terms of not letting stars dictate what happens and what doesn't. This punk is trying to act cool. Dwight Howard told you he only wants Brooklyn. You should have made the trade. :rant

The fate of the Nets contending possibilities rest of Rob Hennigan's shoulder. I HATE that punk.

He's the captain of the ship. He is working feverishly to make a contemplative move that eases the crippling that occurs when a organization loses it's franchise player. You hate him because he won't succumb to Dwight's flip flop demands and gift wrap the Nets a top 2 seed in the East?

Yea, you're not biased at all. This is a business, not fantasy league. As annoying as the Dwight saga has been, if you're Orlando you take as much time as you need. You do not make a rash decision - you will never get a chance to go back and alter it. They have the best center in the league for the past 5 years on their team. No matter how long they wait, there will be teams falling over to send a package for him. You think Rob gives two shits if the Nets "move on"? They by far have the worst package available and have had the worst package available since the Gerald Wallace trade.

All you've been doing is calling the Magic stupid these last few weeks. Stupid would be pulling a trigger on a trade just because your star athlete wants you to. You do what's best for the organization moving forward, and you take as much time as you have to until you are comfortable enough with that decision.

pegasus
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd keep Artest. He can still defend and score when they need him to.

Orlando has no leverage. Sooner or later they will accept Bynum for Howard. You just gotta hope that Bynum can stay healthy until then.:lol

IGOTGAME
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I'd keep Artest. He can still defend and score when they need him to.

Orlando has no leverage. Sooner or later they will accept Bynum for Howard. You just gotta hope that Bynum can stay healthy until then.:lol

same here. I say keep Artest as well. Guy is a gamer. They will cave in.

Freedom Kid7
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
I wonder if it's going in the Dwight direction...

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 12:14 PM
same here. I say keep Artest as well. Guy is a gamer. They will cave in.

Don't you guys think they need a wing that can run with Nash, defend other star wings and make 3pters at 40% clip so that Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble when everyone drives pass Nash and Artest?

IGOTGAME
07-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't you guys think they need a wing that can run with Nash, defend other star wings and make 3pters at 40% clip so that Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble when everyone drives pass Nash and Artest?

The Artest that finished the season last year, the one with ripped with almost no body fat, is one of the best defenders in the entire NBA. He would be fine on the wing or on the bench. Plus, guy is a gamer.

I'd love to have Ariza too, but that just isn't gonna happen.

ducktape
07-07-2012, 12:16 PM
ron artest for metta world peace was a big trade

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 12:19 PM
The Artest that finished the season last year, the one with ripped with almost no body fat, is one of the best defenders in the entire NBA. He would be fine on the wing or on the bench. Plus, guy is a gamer.

I'd love to have Ariza too, but that just isn't gonna happen.

The thing is World Peace can't stay in front of Lebron and Durant averaged like 30pts against him last season in the playoffs (hell Ebanks did a way better job).

I actually like Dorell Wright from Golden State. He's got underrated defensive ability, is 26, can run and shoot the 3 ball very well and he's like 6'9 with a lot of length.

IGOTGAME
07-07-2012, 12:23 PM
The thing is World Peace can't stay in front of Lebron and Durant averaged like 30pts against him last season in the playoffs (hell Ebanks did a way better job).

I actually like Dorell Wright from Golden State. He's got underrated defensive ability, is 26, can run and shoot the 3 ball very well and he's like 6'9 with a lot of length.

World Peace guarded Durant fine. He actually did a great job. The only times Durant was scoring was off the illegal screens and bad hedges or rotations off of Westbrook penetration.

He struggled getting by Artest in 1 v. 1.

I just like Artest tho personally. I may be biased but when things are down the guy always steps up. Lakers were a few bounces away from beating OKC this year.

Maniak
07-07-2012, 12:27 PM
You forgot to include that he's so dope. Recognize.

BlackVVaves
07-07-2012, 12:46 PM
World Peace guarded Durant fine. He actually did a great job. The only times Durant was scoring was off the illegal screens and bad hedges or rotations off of Westbrook penetration.

I just like Artest tho personally. I may be biased but when things are down the guy always steps up. Lakers were a few bounces away from beating OKC this year.

When you lose 4-1, you aren't a few bounces away. A few bounces away is a 7, MAYBE 6 game series, where things just didn't go your way.

That logic is almost as erroneous as Bulls fans saying there were "this close" to beating Miami in 2011, even though they lose 4-1.

All this "KD struggled getting by Artest 1 v 1" nonsense. You do realize all Durant did was just rise up and shoot over Artest, right?

Lakers should be on the phone with AK47's agent this entire summer. He would be the option in regards to finding someone to be a defensive bother to Durant. 6'9, massive wingspan, superb shot blocker, very good on the ball defender, great help defender. This past year's Euro MVP and DPOY.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM
His brother tweeted that Lakers will be getting Dwight within 96 hours. Take with a grain of salt.

If u wanna get mad get mad at leaker brass for not going after Ray Allen. Tall relax. Y'all getting dwight within 96hrs. That's a fact I kno

WTF kind of timeframe is that? :lol

None of these people know what's actually going on.

Story Up
07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
WTF kind of timeframe is that? :lol

None of these people know what's actually going on.
Basically before July 11.

d.bball.guy
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Jeez, just don't get traded, Metta.

Raz
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM

The trade is Bynum, Blake & McRoberts for Howard, Rochardson & Duhon

That's what I hear

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Artest could just be trolling us. I mean we're talking about a guy who changed his name to Metta World Peace.

chazzy
07-07-2012, 03:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6sv5sdf

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Are you LeBron23, or in any way related to him? I'm not trying to insult you, but your writing style and thought processes just remind me of him.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I'd feel about giving up Artest. On one hand I think he's gone off the deep end and it's only a matter of time before he does something crazy stupid, but on the other hand he's our toughest player and makes our team better when he's got his head screwed on tightly.

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM

Well then Rob is smart, because Andrew Bynum is way better than Brook Lopez. I guess you could say that Rob is trying to set an example of not being a dipshit

chazzy
07-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I really hope Jrich is the salary dump. Though it's been 2 years, he played fantastic alongside Nash, especially in the 2010 playoffs.

bdreason
07-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Lakers got Gasol for scrubs. Lakers got Nash for picks and TPE. Nets just got Joe Johnson for scrubs and picks.

So no, Ron, you don't have to trade big time players to make big trades.

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
I really hope Jrich is the salary dump. Though it's been 2 years, he played fantastic alongside Nash, especially in the 2010 playoffs.

No. I recall rumors of Jrich messing with Nash's ex wife eventually caused him to be traded to Orlando. Rather have Redick than him.

d.bball.guy
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Lakers got Gasol for scrubs. Lakers got Nash for picks and TPE. Nets just got Joe Johnson for scrubs and picks.

So no, Ron, you don't have to trade big time players to make big trades.
Memphis got Marc, though.

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM

He's also a pretty damn good shooter. Of course a lot of good shooters seem to come to LA and start bricking

PickernRoller
07-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Just so hard to get consistency out of him, specially those open 3's. He said it was because of his back and some nerve and shit and he figured it out late this season. Hopefully he gets it addressed and his shots start falling in more frequently. He's not as fast as he used to be but he does a decent job. Thing with screens and picknroll, Bynum is too inexperience at help defense and rotating...

The Choken One
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
It's a VC3 or w.e is the biggest troll on this website...jesus. Get your heat on straight man.

I don't know if Dwight will actually be a Laker... but honestly...I'd rather keep Bynum & trade Pau for depth, but that's just me. AB is my second favorite Laker...

Cangri
07-07-2012, 04:06 PM
It's a VC3 or w.e is the biggest troll on this website...jesus. Get your heat on straight man.

I don't know if Dwight will actually be a Laker... but honestly...I'd rather keep Bynum & trade Pau for depth, but that's just me. AB is my second favorite Laker...
This would actually be good for the Lakers, Gasol has been getting worst each year and Bynum as become better. Only thing that Bynum needs to work on is his attitude, but that should be fixed after he matures a little more.

BTW what's the last word on Howard's back injury? Was it completely healed or was it something that will bother him for some time?

Myth
07-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Marc Gasol is

He wasn't at the time.

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
This would actually be good for the Lakers, Gasol has been getting worst each year and Bynum as become better. Only thing that Bynum needs to work on is his attitude, but that should be fixed after he matures a little more.

BTW what's the last word on Howard's back injury? Was it completely healed or was it something that will bother him for some time?

I would rather trade Bynum, assuming we get Howard in return. I'm not worried about his attitude, because I think that will change for the better this year, but I'm not convinced he's past those knee problems. He's had what, four knee surgeries now? I just don't buy he'll be able to lead this team in the future.

Myth
07-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Memphis got Marc, though.

Who was a 2nd round pick who had yet to play in the NBA at the time.

ZenMaster
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Who was a 2nd round pick who had yet to play in the NBA at the time.

He was a young 7 footer who was MVP of the Spanish league...

Myth
07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
He was a young 7 footer who was MVP of the Spanish league...

And a 2nd round pick who had never stepped foot on an NBA court. He was never expected to be as good as he is now.

The Macho Man
07-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Artest is Kupchak's right hand man.

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Artest is Kupchak's right hand man.

Where do you get your info from, Macho Man?

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-07-2012, 05:23 PM
And a 2nd round pick who had never stepped foot on an NBA court. He was never expected to be as good as he is now.
says who?

Clove21
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Says you.....

Myth
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Says all the teams that past on him to let him slip to the 2nd round, as well as all the people who said the Lakers totally ripped off the Griz at the time. If people actually expected Marc to be close to as good as his brother, then people wouldn't have been all up in arms about the Lakers/Memphis trade. Holy shit, hindsight has been a b!tch to you guys.

The Macho Man
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Where do you get your info from, Macho Man?

I'm Artest's right hand man.

wakencdukest
07-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Says all the teams that past on him to let him slip to the 2nd round, as well as all the people who said the Lakers totally ripped off the Griz at the time. If people actually expected Marc to be close to as good as his brother, then people wouldn't have been all up in arms about the Lakers/Memphis trade. Holy shit, hindsight has been a b!tch to you guys.

It was rape at the time. Even Laker fans knew it. Kwame, Critt, Gasol? Only now does it seem to have evened out a bit. That's ok though, it's nice to rape a team every so often!

Droid101
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Richardson is a salary dump. Almost six million a year for three more years. Orlando sheds a lot of salary with this trade. Good for their future.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=756obw9

Myth
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
It was rape at the time. Even Laker fans knew it. Kwame, Critt, Gasol? Only now does it seem to have evened out a bit. That's ok though, it's nice to rape a team every so often!

And that was my point.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Richardson is a salary dump. Almost six million a year for three more years. Orlando sheds a lot of salary with this trade. Good for their future.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=756obw9

here is a bigger, better blockbuster which allows Orlando to dump both of the ugly contracts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8393em3

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm Artest's right hand man.

:biggums:

:bowdown:

boozehound
07-07-2012, 05:55 PM
yes he did. "No way around it.... I'm so dope . Recognize" following the statement in the title?

Droid101
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
here is a bigger, better blockbuster which allows Orlando to dump both of the ugly contracts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8393em3
Bigger, but Duhon's contract is almost as bad as Hedo's (at least Hedo can ball, sometimes).

Anyway, no sane GM, knowing he's going to lose his franchise player anyway, would pass up the above two offers. You get the second best center in the league back (24.3 PER vs. 23 PER), and dump all kinds of future salary. You're in the east, so you might even have an 8 seed with what's left.

Then next summer, get some quality free agents and keep it going.

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
From @MettaWorldPeace:

If you do lie in a relationship ,which u shouldn't, definitely don't take homie or her for half the money.. That's a no no

Can any1 decode this?

wakencdukest
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
From @MettaWorldPeace:

Can any1 decode this?

It sounds like if you're a lying biatch and you are the cause of the divorce you shouldn't get shit.

Myth
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
It sounds like if you're a lying biatch and you are the cause of the divorce you shouldn't get shit.

That is how I interpreted it as well.

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 06:12 PM

Sounds right. I was thinking it had something to do with the trade, but maybe I'm just paranoid :oldlol: